Speaker 1: NFL Game dey View is a production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Everybody Wellhome. The Game Deview presented Ony Mercedes Ben's Packer Claybon back here with Greg Rosendald Cynthia Freeland here to get you set for the majority of the Week fourteen schedule. As playoff time is nearing, Greg, we're in that push.
Speaker 3: I love this time of year. It's fantasy push. It's our picks push like we're hot right now. Cynthia's picks are going wild.
Speaker 4: I want that giant red bow. I was just thinking about that, like from the can we get like a giant red Mercedes bow, like from the car? Who doesn't want that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so fun.
Speaker 4: It could go right on this table.
Speaker 2: Yep, we'll put it up. In fact, you can send a car with it because things are going that kind of way. Cynthia went fourteen in two. I was able to pick up a game on Greg. As we look at our standings, I am miird in a giant black hole of sadness and destitution at one hundred and twenty eight and sixty seven. But Greg in fifty nine with Cynthia Nippin at his hill heels. Excuse me, Greg, I'm on a hill.
Speaker 4: He's gonna die on that hill. I'm nipping at that hill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, on both Greg, the MVP of our picks thus far, Josh Allen might end up being the MVP of the league. Buffalo winning seven in a row and Allen is playing like Superman. Allen and the Red Hot Bills heading to LA to take on the Rams. Buffalo chasing the top seed in the AFC, the Rams still in the playoff hunt. But Cynthia, could this be a letdown game for the Bills?
Speaker 4: No, I mean it could be, Absolutely it could be. But I project a six point win for the Bills twenty seven to twenty one out here at SOFI Stadium. Why because matchups make four fights and this one does not bode well for the Los Angeles Rams. In terms of what happens when this Bills defense sees motion, The answer is bad things for posing offenses. And you know who likes to use motion ahead of the snap? Who's that the Rams? See how that works. But ultimately, when you're looking at some of the places of this Bills defense, which I will admit I was a little bit of a skeptical person, about this defense ahead of the season. They have exceeded expectations. They're getting healthier. Greg Russo's awesome. And when I'm looking at the options here for what happens when this Rams offense tries to use motion, they just get shut down.
Speaker 5: Ooh, I like that.
Speaker 3: And it's one of the reasons they're so good against motion is because Sean McDermott's been there so long, Like the system is good, and he's got his guys, and he's got the guy Matt Milano back in the lineup. I know he didn't make a lot of splash plays in his first game back, but he is the quarterback of this defense. And I don't think McDermott gets enough credit for maximizing what his players do well. He puts them in situations to succeed. This is a rematch of a game just a couple of years ago. Is the opening game, remember the kickoff of the Rams defending their Super Bowl title, and that Bill's defense did a great job holding down preventing big plays. And Matt Milano is one of the best coverage linebackers in the league, and that's where the Rams like to win over the middle of the field.
Speaker 5: I think that's the difference.
Speaker 3: I think it's close, and I think the Rams cover because they're at home and the Bills are coming all the way across the country.
Speaker 5: Two good teams, but the Bills win.
Speaker 4: I to do a great college that, Matt Malone.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, Boston Girl.
Speaker 2: Greg makes a lot of great points, the Bills having to travel across the country, the Rams keeping it close. I agree. I think the Rams cover in this one because I think the Rams win this football game.
Speaker 5: I see and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, give me a stray bound here as it's just I wrote it. I wrote it down, Pukainakua. It explains, it explains the whole situation. This is the reasoning for me making this pick because the last time the Buffalo Bills played a real number one that was playing good football with a healthy quarterback, it was CJ. Stroud throwing the ball to Nico Collins, who actually hurt himself on a long touchdown running away from these Buffalo Bills. And then they go on a stretch where I guess Tyreek Hill and Jalen one of the best receivers that they played, where it's it's just different. And so five Stadium, late in the season with not just Pooking a cool but Cooper Cup And I think the Rams have a puncher's chance in this one, and I'm gonna take that chance and take a loss.
Speaker 5: This is a pixel bald.
Speaker 3: They move this game all the way up to first this stray bond, wondering.
Speaker 2: Which which is really saying something? For a guy who's lasting the fix on the shows, we get this is the old this guy or that guy. Starting with the quarterbacks, I think which quarterback will have more than one passing touchdown? Is it Josh Allen and Matthew.
Speaker 4: Steph I think it's both. However, I'm going with Josh Allen here as the higher probability guy. I'm looking at these deep passes.
Speaker 5: Do you know what?
Speaker 4: He doesn't have a touchdown on yet a twenty plus air yard pass, and I think that changes this week. It's kind of wild because there's twenty six quarterbacks who have thrown a deep touchdown pass this season. Josh Allen is not one of them. So it's wild. That is that is a wild stat. So I'm looking at this and I think he gets that this week.
Speaker 2: All Right, let's go to the running back on the ground, Greg which running back goes for over sixty seven yards. Is it James Cook or is it Kyen William.
Speaker 3: I love me some James Cook this season because he's playing behind an offensive line that has an attitude. They were bragging after last week's game, saying like, we did whatever we wanted against this forty nine Ers front, and they just kept calling the same play over and over again. And I do think that's the weakness of this Rams defense is at the linebacker level. Even the young guys upfront, who are great rushing the passer over time over the course of the game, might struggle to stop James Cook.
Speaker 2: All right, Buffalo Bill's chasing the Chiefs for the one seed in the AFC casey with a big matchup with the Chargers on Sunday. These teams played earlier this year. For a quick look back, it's time now for Active mic presented by the Wells Fargo Active Cash credit card. How about him the rematch in Arrowhead? Justin Herbert won six in his career against Patrick Mahomes' defense. Does he get that elusive second win here? Cynthia, no no no.
Speaker 4: I have a three point win for the Chiefs in this one, twenty four to twenty one. I do want to point out something that I will be keeping a huge eye on, and that Isatrick Mahomes getting sacked. For the past two games, he has tied his career high in terms of number of sacks in the game five five far. That's a wild situation. In two games in a row. The left tackle situation is a problem for them. They need to figure it out if they want to go from a team that has a nice playoff situation, like he said, situation like eight times just now, and if they want to actually play in that game that happens in New Orleans, They're going to have to figure out the left tackle because Patrick Mahomes cannot be under this type of pressure, especially if they're not a team that is crushing teams by you know, huge margins one possession games. They lead the entire league in them. But if your quarterback is under duress constantly, it increases your opportunities for turnovers. The whole thing is scary.
Speaker 3: So, like Cynthia, I'm gonna say that the Chiefs are gonna win, and then I'm gonna say something kind of negative about them and positive about the Chargers. It's eighteen to seventeen. I have the Chiefs winning this game. I'm like, Justin Herbert. I think I picked the Chargers every time they play this Chiefs team, and they're one and six, so I got to take the Chiefs to win. But Tar, he's still and this Chargers defense, they're going to keep the score down. I really like the number to be under that forty three. So that's key to me. And I like the Chargers to cover because of this young kid and the way they're playing defense. That cornerback and that coverage right there shows such a next level understanding the match coverage that they do. They really communicate well between the secondary and the linebacker level. And it's a young player that was drafted in the fifth round and he's playing like a defensive Rookie of the Year candidate. He was Defensive Player of the Week last week after these interceptions, but he's been great all year. He actually leads the NFL and EPA per play allowed when he is in coverage, So forget about where he was drafted. It's like the rest of this Chargers defense, they're better than the some of their parts. We know the Chiefs offense isn't explosive, so it's going to be a low scoring game in Arrowhead.
Speaker 4: Shocking that, you know, a front office that came over from the Ravens knows how to pick a later round cornerback. Shocker right there. I don't know about you, but I'm totally shocked.
Speaker 2: And also similarly, they they're a little bit thin at wide receiver. Up front, there's issues. Because Cynthia was talking about the problems protecting Patrick Mahomes, it's a similar situation for these Chargers. In the past couple of weeks were for the Chiefs. You know, Max Crosby was getting to Patrick Mahomes. The Atlanta Falcons had ten sacks on the season coming into the game against Herbo and the Chargers. Now they have fifteen. That's thirty three percent of their sacks on the season. And then a Ravens defense that really wasn't able to get a lot of pressure on the passer got home a ton in that game. In so far, so, I think it's an opportunity for Spags's defense to get healthy. And yeah, Greg, I've got exactly forty three points and a three point Chiefs win. We were all on the trend of Herbo against KC. Although Greg has some perturbations.
Speaker 5: Well just you know.
Speaker 4: Well, also, the Chargers social media is the best in the entire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't Doug come hit us?
Speaker 3: Welcoming Kirk Cousins back to Minnesota Like I'm on psychedelics.
Speaker 5: That's how I feel.
Speaker 4: I kind of wish I run psychedelics.
Speaker 2: It would be I've finched myself. What is the what this is real right now? Well, it's real that Kirk Cousins is taking on the Vikings, his Falcons on a losing streak. The Vikings was one of the longest streaks in the league. Right now, what happens in this.
Speaker 3: Greg What happens is Kirk Cousins plays a Kirk Cousins games, which means it's going to be crazy and seeing things will happen.
Speaker 5: And in the end, the Minnesota Vikings win.
Speaker 3: Twenty seven to twenty three, so the Falcons cover that number. But we remember all the Kirk moments back in Minnesota, and there were a lot of great ones.
Speaker 5: There were a lot of.
Speaker 3: Bad ones, okay, but what they all had in common were that they were Kirk Cousins games.
Speaker 5: They just feel like they're all the same.
Speaker 3: If you can go back to Washington, you can go to Minnesota and now it's happening in Atlanta.
Speaker 5: Now. For a while in Minnesota, they were all ending well.
Speaker 3: He was on a streak where he was playing really well in the fourth quarter. But when I looked at this game, I did not want to imagine this is Kirk cousins last NFL start, because I think that's on the table. If he threw four interceptions in this game, I think Michael Pennix is coming in and it's over. That's not gonna happen. He's got to keep men. It's gonna be back and forth. Insane things will happen, and it will come down to the fourth quarter and they will cover that number. But in the end, I just don't think the Falcons can get it done defensively, but Kirk will play well enough.
Speaker 5: Why are you laughing?
Speaker 4: Because my point is about Kirk's interceptions, So it seems like I'm saying, well.
Speaker 2: Career disagree.
Speaker 5: That's fine.
Speaker 4: No, No, we agree, Which is why I think it's funny, Because am I basically calling for Michael PENNI'X sure, why not? I have a Minnesota win twenty six to nineteen. I want to talk about Kirk Cousins interceptions because they're real. He's had six of them in their losing streak, and then before that he had to two game win streak where he had seven touchdowns zero interceptions. He totally reversed that trend zero and six. This is a big problem.
Speaker 5: Fumbles too, Fumbles.
Speaker 4: He has fifteen giveaways this season. He leads the league in them. So am I calling for Michael Pennitt's No, that would be Greg Rosenthal, ladies and gentlemen, not me.
Speaker 5: I'm saying I'm not calling for it.
Speaker 3: I'm recognizing where he's at in his career. Whatever he's looking into the mirror or something like, it's not working right now, this torn Achilles recovery.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Well, it could be a big spinny chain that's ultimately going to reveal the future and like show the secrets of the universe. Maybe you could take a darkness retreat. I don't know. I've got a Vikings win as well. Mine's a significantly lower score, nineteen to thirteen, because, like Cynthia and Greg, I've been watching Kirk Cousins and this Falcons offense the past few weeks and now in a game that could potentially wrap it up for Kirk Cousins. They go up against this Vikings defense that has veterans that are crafty. It can do so many different things, and that's all embodied in a man who has over one hundred snaps as a pass rusher, over one hundred snaps dropping in the coverage, over one hundred snaps as a run defender. Yeah, folks, we're looking at Andrew Van Ginkel highlights, who embodies this defense so much. We saw Brian Flores step to the post rocking an AVG T shirt. Defense dominant in this one, and the Minnesota Vikings continue their win streak, and perhaps we're showing some Michael Pennock junior highlights. Next week, we are all on the Minnesota Vikings here. We're gonna keep it in the NFC. The Seahawks in first place in the West. Last week, they were down big then Leonard Williams delivered a game changing thick six. So let's look over after that game the odds to win the NFC West. The Seahawks in the leading in the league, in the lead in this as well, with the Cardinals right behind them, the Rams and the forty nine ers, who are a long shot at this point, but it's the Seahawks and Cardinals facing off Sundays. Seattle shut down Kyler's crew just a couple of weeks ago. Who comes out on top this time.
Speaker 3: Around, Well, the Seahawks do. Of course, we all have our biases. I can admit that, you know, I would like the Seahawks to win this game, but I believe that that number is too big and Seattle covers it and they win straight up because they blitz well and Kyler Murray's not handling the blitz well. And that Leonard Williams interception made me think about this play as well, Kyler Murray and the pick six. Each week Seattle is giving us a magical play that Devin Witherspoon play, and then the pick six on Kyler.
Speaker 5: It was the Gino Smith touchdown against forty nine ers.
Speaker 3: There's something a little you can't put in the numbers in the model that the Seahawks have Right now, they're on a winning streak and these two teams are very similar to me, where the defenses are starting to outplay the offenses, but the differences. I think Mike McDonald can cook up Kyler against the blitz. It's close, but it's twenty four to twenty three, and it's okay, Cynthia, I can recognize my biases. Your model doesn't have any biases. But I'm I'm just a man. I'm a man with emotions and human feelings.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't really have any emotions. I've decided to not recognize. It took the chip out, it was done. My score is very similar to Greg's twenty three to twenty one, A two point one.
Speaker 5: Oh you got the Seahawks, Yes, go.
Speaker 4: Seattle as well. I do actually have emotions. The model doesn't, but I do. And when I'm looking at this, I wonder what DK Metcalf is going to look like. Because we know Jackson Smith and jig but draws a great matchup. We've seen a lot of vulnerabilities for this Cardinals defense to the slot and against short passes. But Dk, I think this is where we see a massive decay day because now we're gonna see the Cardinals try to adapt to stop Jackson Smith and Jigba, who had a big game against them just a couple of weeks ago. So then you've still got number fourteen out on the edge. I think this is gonna be a big difference maker. I think if I'm looking for a guy to have a big day, he's one who I think I'm circling him twice. Yeah, And I'm feeling good about it because emotionally, I really want to see this happen. I'm I'm very happy as a.
Speaker 2: Creature also in possession of emotions. I will go solo here. I will take the home team that goes on the Cardinals by a point twenty three to twenty two, which I feel I'm very confident that's the exact same inverse of the score when I picked the Seahawks the one by when I think these two teams are very, very similar and it's gonna be a classic. And I think that we've seen the Seahawks make some huge errors Greg talk about the big We seen them make some catastrophic errors where they're losing forty yards this season. But one thing that has been consistent, it's the Arizona Cardinals generating pressure from all sorts of different places. I thought they would have trouble doing so in Seattle a couple weeks ago. They didn't. Guys like Mac Wilson having career years where his season high in sacks for a season was three. He had two last week against the Minnesota Vikings. They had a fifty eight percent pressure rate last season. I love this defense, I love the search bar, and I will take the Arizona car.
Speaker 3: I love that you picked them because I've been noticing some of the comments and Cardinals fans think we disrespect them. They were mad when we memed them a couple of weeks ago, and you know what, we were right. You lost that game. But this time I'm glad that you took it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I have an affectionate nickname for them. Everything's great. Shout out to the Arizona Cardinals. Let's do some math, though, Cynthia Well, Gino Smith throw for more or less than two hundred and fifty five yards in the football time.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm giving you more.
Speaker 2: Number one.
Speaker 4: This team is the one that has the longest yards to go on third down. That is why you're seeing some of those pressures. So I think what they try to do is on earlier downs they say, well, if the run isn't gonna work, let's just throw it a little bit more here. So I actually have Gino Smith with something like two hundred and seventy five yards, which for me, you know, I'm a conservative modeler. That means that's like a significant difference from two hundred and fifty five.
Speaker 2: Well, now that I know that, I feel that great about my pick, that's a big number for Genoa. I'm because the defense coming up. Folks have got a huge rematch between the Steelers and Brown's ross has been cooking. But you know famous Jamus my House tricks up the sleeve. Well, the quarterback who instantly makes memes shock the Steelers for the second time this season. Find out next on game debut, It's time to Seize the Season, presented by Caesars Sportsbook First Touchdown Score, Odds on the Way, Najie Harrison, George Pickens, and Nick Chubb at the top, Jaalen Warner and Jerry Judy rounding out that top five. As we get into this matchup in the division, we saw it a couple of weeks ago in the snow. Will Jameis Winston go into Pittsburgh beat the Steelers for the second time in three weeks something?
Speaker 5: Nope?
Speaker 4: I mean he could, but I have twenty five to twenty in this matchup. This game actually has a lot of implications because the Pittsburgh Steelers schedule gets very difficult from here on out, so they need this one. When I'm looking at this matchup, though, it is all about Jamis throwing past the sticks, which is something he does the second most often in the league. This is a sampling of what happens. Sometimes it's not good and it results in a turnover.
Speaker 5: This has been a.
Speaker 4: Characteristic that he's had for quite some time, like his whole career. But sometimes it goes really really well. So the deep passes connect, but so to do the ones that result in pick six. So when you're looking at the sampling, I mean it is no stretch. Last week on the broadcast, they were saying we've got the full Jameis Winston experience here, but really it's those past the sticks throws and putting them there are higher probability throws for him to be picked off, just because the further you throw, the less accurate it becomes. But ultimately that is what will be the difference maker in this matchup.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love the Steelers in this game. I don't think it's gonna be close. I have them winning by thirteen thirty to seventeen, so way over that number because the Avengers are being reformed here with Pittsburgh.
Speaker 5: That's their pass rush.
Speaker 3: You get Alex Heismith back, and suddenly this group is just one of the best pass rush groups I've ever seen. Alex Heismith is a top twenty pass rusher in the NFL by the numbers. Nick Herbig actually has been a better pass rusher than TJ. Watt this year, who's a Defensive Player of the Year candidate. Herbig is so good. And oh, by the way, you have Hayward in the middle, reckon shop. So it's an offense in Cleveland that can't run the ball right now, they're gonna have to be so pass reliant that I think the negative plays are gonna come, whether it's the sacks or the turnovers. The Steelers just lost this game. It's a good coach where you play twice in three weeks. I think Mike Tomlin gets some revenge here. And look, it's too early for write this down, but write this one down. The Steelers are covering this seven points.
Speaker 2: I love you. You just stopped the Steelers fan in their tracks where you were, like the numbers say, there's a better rusher than DJ Watt, It's like, oh, it's her big It's like, oh, I don't know how to feel now. I think the difference in this game is what Cynthia talked about. One team is going to throw the ball because they have to the other team gets to throw the ball in the situation that puts Jamis and the Browns offense in so much trouble. It's a beneficiary for the Steelers as Najie Harris in the run game. Haven't count on a Najie Harris season. It's around four yards of carry, but his yards for reception up over two yards for his career. Because Russell Wilson gives this offense something it hasn't had in a long time, and that is space that they're number of their top fifteen offense. You have to go all the way back to one of those Roethlisberger seasons and not one of the last two for the last time that they did that. It's been a while since they've had this amount of success on offense in Pittsburgh. I think, as well as Greg and Cynthia, it's another Pittsburgh Steelers win. Let's take a look at the highest over unders for Week fourteen, according to the Deer Folks at Caesars Sports Fop Bengals Cowboys at forty nine and a half. Bill's Rams also with the same number paying thirds at the Eagles, phil They think a lot of that is Philadelphia forty six. As we get into quick picks here on game debut. Speaking of that Bengals Cowboys game scoring off Monday night in Dallas, what do you think takes place, Cynthia, Well, we.
Speaker 4: Saw Jamar Chase on the injury report late in the week, but we're gonna look at him right now because just in case he doesn't play, I want to remind you that this passing offense is the difference maker when it looks when it comes down to Joe Brow and his top pass catcher as in Uno. When he's on the field, his parents call it Uno time. So just so you know, you can be part of the Chase family and say uh no time. Every time it is the offense for the Bengals. It is just a terrible matchup for this Cowboys defense. Joe Burrow hasn't been under pressure, Jamar Chase been getting opened. The man wants to earn his money. Pay him. I mean, maybe don't, because then the longer I guess the longer you wait, the higher than Mike, the price goes so okay, then don't pay him. It's up to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, number goes up every single day, especially with the success that he's had the Raiders and the BUF in Tampa, Las Vegas, al those knocked off the Chiefs on Black Friday? Do they spoil the Bucks attempt to catch the Falcons?
Speaker 3: Gret they make them sweat a little bit, but the Bucks win. They just don't cover the number twenty six to twenty one. That Raiders offense has been better lately. And Baker Mayfield just when I'm in I'm believing in you, like maybe not as an MVP candidate like Patrick wants to throw out there, he just starts me making crazy plays. Now, give Baker Mayfield credit for playing his best at the end of that Panthers game, but if you watch the first three quarters of that game, he was the big part of the reason they were trailing. A lot of bad decisions, just kind of going like creation Baker mode, and it wasn't going well. Some inaccurate passes, some mistakes. He got banged up unfortunately in the middle of that game. And so I just want to see the week to week consistency out of Baker Mayfield. This should be a matchup where they have too many weapons on offense between the running game and Mike Evans being back that they get.
Speaker 2: It done all right, and based on our picks, they would leap frog the Falcons. Let's go to the Jets and Dolphins, both mathematically still in the wildcard race somehow, but in the race for my belief, who wins this game? I've got the Fins twenty one to seventeen. Maybe John Smith gets his own Netflix documentary. His explosion has opened things up.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 2: For Jalen Waddle last couple of weeks, He's had thirteen targets, caught twelve of them for one hundred and ninety seven yards, and against the Packers had an average separation of four point eight yards. Problem for the Finns is struggling against good teams. Not an issue this week as we all have the Miami Dolphins. We've got more show on the way here. Because some awards are complicated, you have to count for storylines and personal politics. It's MESSI what about the odds for the most passing touchdowns to finish the season. Joe Burrow leaned the way at negative three point fifty because he's got thirty passing touchdowns Lamar Baker, Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Josh Allen rounding it out, it's kind of right in line with the number of past touchdowns they currently have. So Greg, five weeks left are gonna I'm gonna put it on you to not be chalky here. Who's going to finish the regular season with the most touchs?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm not chocking.
Speaker 3: I mean, you can be a basic bro and takes so Brady, I mean Joe Burrow rather is like negative three p fifty. What's the fun in that? Let's go Lamar Jackson plus two hundred. His mom got on him for not running enough. But there's a reason why he's so high in the passing touchdowns. He is dealing from the pocket, That's how he wants to play.
Speaker 5: And he's got more weapons than ever.
Speaker 3: He is in the mix to try to get this number one seed division title, and he's got more weapons than he's ever had, even without Deontay Johnson.
Speaker 5: You know, when he comes back from the suspension.
Speaker 3: One thing to think about here too, is there an outside chance Joe Burrow could sit down the last week of the season, or there's some minor injury that comes up that they just don't want to play him and risk it. We know Lamar Jackson's going to be out there because they're going to be gunning for that seed he gets the title.
Speaker 2: And maybe many Mom's trying to work some defenses as well. She wants them to change the way that they're doing things. Who knows. Let's take a look at some rushing odds as the most rushing touchdowns to finish the season. Up. Yeah, Derek Henry's currently leading the way, leading the way in the odds. Right behind him the cornerback Jalen Hurts and then his teammate Saquon Barkley. So either way, Oddsmaker cy touchdowns scored in Philadelphia, Cynthia, who do you think ends the season with the most rushing scores?
Speaker 4: You're gonna give me Saquon Barkley at the third shortest odds. I'm gonna take it. Why because I think they want him to be the MVP as well this campaign. This week against the Carolina Panthers, he could have two rushing touchdowns, easy peasy right there and get right up into the lead with Derek Henry point being. If you're going to give me that kind of value and that kind of potential return on investment, I think you should run away with it, just like Saquon Barkley runs away with that football.
Speaker 2: All right, let's flip things over to the past catchers. As we look at the odds for the most receiving yards at the yards no Buccaneers on this list, Mark Chase leading the way at forty two yard. He's currently leading right behind him his college teammate Justin Jefferson. So, Greg, we got two former Tigers leading the league and receiving ones currently playing for a team that has a Tiger mascot who finishes the year with the crowd.
Speaker 3: I'm going Justin Jefferson once again? Do you want to be basic? It's minus three hundred for Chase, Like, what kind of return is that?
Speaker 5: It's not fun? He's down one hundred yards.
Speaker 3: If I'm just choosing who's the best football player, not even just the best receiver in the NFL, I think Justin Jefferson is still my pick.
Speaker 5: I think the cream rise in the top.
Speaker 3: Not that Jamar Chase isn't fantastic, of course he is, but with those odds, he all he needs is a two twenty type of day, and I think he can do that in one of these games down the stretch. Then he's tied with Jamar Chase. He's got Sam Darnold throwing it to him down the stretch. And yes, Joe Burrow and Jamar Chase has made a lot of magic. But I could see the Vikings trailing a little more often down the stretch and you got some justin Jefferson. I just believe in this guy as one of the best players I've ever seen.
Speaker 5: He gets it done.
Speaker 4: Okay, But here's my question. What if they really want Joe Burrow to be the comeback player of the year so they don't sit him down, and that means that they need you March. I'm just saying, I'm just playing Devil's advocate.
Speaker 3: It's not a thing like you try to get Saquon Barkley touchdowns, for sure, but no one's in the locker room like, let's go get the comeback player of the year.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for saying, come on, you never know.
Speaker 2: It's like, what is even if you try to win it, then you have to like befall something misfortune. It's like it's not worth it. Let's move on to a thing that Cynthia doesn't want to say, but I'll say it the Super Bowl. This is the odds for winning Super Bowl fifty nine in terms of the division, with the NFC North leading the way, AFC West and NFC East at the top. So I'll ask both of you which division do you think the winner of Super Bowl fifty nine comes from? You are not obligated to say the name of the games.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, I recognize that the shortest odds in this are for a division that could give three potential playoff teams, which is the North. But I'm not going there because I don't like boring odds. I like high returns on investment. I bought bitcoin. These guys were making fun of me, but I did it a long time ago at like seventeen thousand, so you guys can I'll laugh all the way to the bank. But ultimately I'm at the NFC East in this matchup. I told you I liked the Eagles ahead of the season to actually win the division. So if I'm looking at odds here and returns on investment for twenty five, that's looking pretty tasty for me, especially with the fact that you look at their schedule, four more home games for this at.
Speaker 3: What costs though a broken heart of Cynthia Friedland.
Speaker 4: Listen, I'm hedging. My emotions would be happy either way here. Either I win with my investment or I win with my heart, except for if it's the Vikings or anyone else that's a green team, in which case, boo boo to that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going with the AFC East, and I am going with my heart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's very hard.
Speaker 3: The season started, I had the Bills over the Lions in the Super Bowl, and my Bills pick is looking fantastic. Let's go AFC East. I like how long those odds are, it's plus four to seventy five. I know we got no other help in the AFC East. Jets and Patriots long gone. It's not happening with the Dolphins. But this Bills team have been knocking on the door year after year after year. I do not think it's the chief season. I think this is the toughest Bills team in terms of their offensive line that they've ever had, and I think they're gonna make it all the way there.
Speaker 5: Now. That said, when they put up that board in the AFC North was plus six hundred.
Speaker 3: You're getting multiple teams there too, that got a shot I think to make it in the Steelers, in the Ravens, and that's.
Speaker 4: A little changing your mind.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not.
Speaker 3: I like the AFC East the most, but I'm just saying the longest odds on that board were maybe my second favorite AFC North because I don't think the Chiefs are making it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fun. If we're talking heart my team's in there. Cynthia was saying we made fun of her for crypto investments, you know, questionable there. She's perhaps fearing a rug pull, which is why she did not select the NFC North. Because you won't even say the name of the game it's gonna be played in the world. We're mole Superbowl. Hey, folks, coming up, we got a new head coach, Cale Williams. Does well, the Bears get a new result. After the break, we're diving into Chicago and San Francisco now or never for the Niners. Who's gonna win? We'll try to tell you coming up next. Yeah, sorry, Bears fans, they haven't seen that. Pat who was fired shortly after that, spoke twice in between on Thanksgiving Day, they're taking the forty nine ers on Sunday. San Francisco put CMC and Jordan Mason on IR this week, Cynthia who wins the football game?
Speaker 4: The Chicago Bears win the football game twenty three to twenty two. It feels like bad news all around for that, except it is good news for Caleb Williams. We have seen a dramatic uptick and a couple of really notable things for him, one being how he's faring against the Blitz. He's doing better. These passes, they look a lot better. Sure, we've seen Dj Moore use behind, you know, going behind the line of scrimmage, so potentially needing yak to complete passes. Who cares, it's still working. It's giving them the opportunity to win. He's had the two best games of his career, obviously, it's a young career in the past few games, and I just think that this is an opportunity to take advantage of the San Francisco forty nine ers, who are kind of reeling from so many injuries and just so much misfortune this season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you stack those second halfs on top of each other. Gaile Bows has had an amazing game as long as you can add them together. I thought for sure I was going to be alone on this one. I have the Chicago Bears as well by one point, and looking at Keenan Allen the past three weeks has been incredible. It's like the Keenan Allen that we've seen for his entire career, thirty one targets at over ten yards a catch with just so many losses on this forty nine Ers team where it's Brot Perdy and George Kittle have got to carry the team on their back. The defense has fallen off, not seeing the type of explosion and disruption from Bosa as well, and poor Fred is just back there having to try to make all the plays, which has been a theme as the season goes. Yeah, it's a lot wrong, Greg, How could anybody pick the forty nine?
Speaker 3: Well, oh, there's a lot going on in this game. First of all, we got the fired coach principal, right, you know, you get the bump when you fire the coach, And that's why I have the Bears covering Like you guys.
Speaker 5: It made a lot of good reasons and arguments.
Speaker 3: But then you also got the feeling of when you find out your co hosts picked a four point underdog on the road.
Speaker 5: You just can't go mean, you.
Speaker 3: Got to go just Greg, You got to take that favorite. Sometimes you got to just play the game. And I do believe in the vibes in San Francisco being as down horrendously as any vibes in the country.
Speaker 5: Look, Kyle Shanahan's not happy.
Speaker 3: He's gripping that play sheet real type. Remember remember a couple of weeks ago in that Green Bay game and they had a couple of twelve men on the field penalty. This was the moment where I actually believed that maybe the season was over for them because he was.
Speaker 5: So furious in that moment.
Speaker 3: And yet I think about all the competing vibes in what's going on here, and this is where.
Speaker 5: He really loses it.
Speaker 3: The Chicago Bears will find a way even to lose to this man. I mean, that has given me nightmares the last couple of weeks, Like this is how the Bears play. So they cover fired coach principle, but they don't find a way to win.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the fired coach principal, which has carried several teams this season. Greg no longer a believer in you. He's got the forty nine ers on it, just Greg, Let's get some more quick picks here on game debut. The Panthers and Eagles, Bryce Young and Carolina have been feisty lately. Can they pull off a shocker? Good?
Speaker 5: They can pull off covering again? Twenty seven to nineteen.
Speaker 3: I think it's a little closer than that number would indicate because Bryce Young is playing well. You look at the score nineteen, you say, well, that's not a lot. The Ravens didn't have that much until the deep parts of garbage time last week. I think the Panthers can hang in this game. This story for Bryce Young has gone from this is a nice story. He's playing better. He's gonna have an NFL career too. This guy's playing awesome. He's playing with a lot of anticipation, making really good decisions. I actually think he's the type of quarterback that can excel against a Vic Fangio defense, which asks you to be very patient. So I see a lot of long drives from both these teams and a closer score than the number would indicate.
Speaker 5: Let's go Bryce Young a little letdown.
Speaker 2: Game two by the wa Yah, I've been fun to watch the Saints and the Giants at MetLife Drew Locke starting again for the g Man. What do you see going on, Cynthia.
Speaker 4: Well, I see the Saints winning twenty three to nineteen. No Taysom Hill obviously, and the fact that the Giants are the only team in the NFC that have been mathematically eliminated from the postseason. I think they're playing with kind of house money, so making it a nice just just a four point win, I think that'll keep things a little bit more interesting. But I want to talk about Alvin Kamara right now. He has sixty rushing touchdowns and twenty four receiving. If he gets one more, he joins a club that only four other guys are in to have more than fifty rushing touchdowns and twenty five or wow receiving touchdowns. So there's something fun we can all cheer four in this matchup.
Speaker 3: Also top five in the NFL right now in yards from scrimmage. I don't think people other than his fantasy owners and Saints fans realize that he is having that kind of season, one of the best running backs in the NFL, and he didn't have to change teams because his team give the Saints some credit valued him and gave him a nice contract during this season.
Speaker 2: And really the embodiment of this franchim. They loved him down in New Orleans and we love Alva Kamara as well.
Speaker 4: Guy, I want him to join the club.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get in the club. In fact, get in the club. There's another club in Kanton, Ohio. I think he could go to coming up in a few years. Last one, Jags and Titans in Nashville, Mac Jones versus Will Lennis. Someone has to win, well, maybe not. I like tennesseee in this one, though narrowly winning it seventeen to sixteen, because I think Tony Pollard gets things back going after a slow performance for him and his standards that he set up this season. Against Washington, Tony Pollard has faced the most loaded boxes in the NFL on a per carry basis. They have to considering the way things have gone in Nashville for the Titans this season, Tony Pollard is the thing have to stop but outside on the outside, on outside tackle runs. He's one of the best. So let's get him out there against the Jags, who I thought were gonna have a strong performance against the Houston Texans in that offensive line a week ago, they did not. Let's get some balance from the Titans, who get a win against the Jags. Sunday at nine am Eastern. Rich Eisen, Kurt Warner, Coach Mariucci, Cynthia Freelan, and the whole gang. Get you set for kickoff with NFL Game Day Morning. Sam Darnold joins them live ahead of his matchup against Kirk Cousins and the Falcons. Plus the guys discuss if the Bills are the best team in football all that more. Sunday, nine am Eastern.
Speaker 4: I am not shorter than Colleen. However, Lil Wayne is shorter than Colleen. Oh yeah, just so we're clear. He was here last week.
Speaker 2: A very appropriate moniker. That's great to write this down. Some predictions for Week fourteen.
Speaker 3: Start us off, Greg okay, so am I righte this? Downs are finally on a winning streak two weeks in a row. It's time to push my chips into the table. We're doubling up. It's on the doll they are going to go over twenty five and a half points. I asked for the team total of points. I thought it must be like thirty four thirty five against the Debts because they put up thirty four against the Raiders, thirty four against the Patriots home. No, it's only twenty five. They're gonna top that with ease. And that was so easy. I decided to up the degree of difficulty. Let's go over one and a half touchdowns for Tua Tongoailoa. Their run game has stunk. They're not a good red zone team running the ball. They're a great red zone team throwing the ball. So we get both to and the Dolphins.
Speaker 4: I'm keeping my streak alive and I don't need to push any chips, and I'm just going to keep winning because he never, you know, go broke taking a profit, but I have Jalen Hurts. Scoring a rushing touchdown seems kind of like a given right, push push against a team that's not so great when it comes to defending the run. Well, I just want to point out that if he does get one more rushing touchdown, he will pass both Josh Allen and Cam Newton for the most rushing touchdowns by a quarter back through their first six seasons. So it's a fun wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll take a kind of a career long one as well, because Mike Evans needs to average about ninety five yards for the rest of the season to hit one thousand yards. Once again, it's an incredible start to his career, but the number is just sixty eight and a half in this matchup against the Raiders. So yeah, Mike Evans is going to have more receiving yards than that because this is the mission, not to make it to the playoffs or catch Atlanta. Get Mike Evans one thousand receiving yards. Thanks for watching game debut for Cynthia and Greg, I'm Patrick. We'll see you next week. Enjoy the game.
Speaker 1: NFL Game Deview is a production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.