Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This He's Talking Cowboys stringing live from the Dallas Cowboys World head Coarse at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 3: Streakscot Tisidown and now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Nick Harris, Josh Rodriguez and Kyle Yeoman's.
Speaker 2: Dallas Cowboy.
Speaker 4: Well, it wasn't a forty burger, but it was a historic win for a couple of reasons. That's the Dallas Cowboys absolutely dismantle the Carolina Panthers prety three to ten in the final score from Charlotte, North Carolina.
Speaker 5: As the Cowboys go to Bank of America Stadium and they cash in with a win.
Speaker 4: Welcome in the Talking Cowboys, presented by a Black Rifle Coffee Company. We have Isaiah stand Back, we have Nick Harris, Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yoman and gentlemen, how we do it today on this victory Monday?
Speaker 6: Done?
Speaker 5: Fire Harris Harris.
Speaker 2: You know what's funny.
Speaker 7: We were coming into the hotel and Charlotte, we had just arrived. It was probably like six six thirty pm, and we were coming down on the first floor, and like the first floors where all the elevators are, and the second floor is where the lobby is. So there were a ton of fans that were kind of roped off, like on the lobby looking down on like the players and all of us that were coming in.
Speaker 2: And I was coming in and I had just.
Speaker 7: Happen to take my AirPods out because I needed to get my room care or something, and I hear from all the way up top, Hey, Nick, how's.
Speaker 2: Your mouth feeling. I was like, Oh, I don't know who said that, but doing good. Appreciate it. I love it. Also, it's funny.
Speaker 5: But dude, that is unbelievable. I love that.
Speaker 2: It's pretty funny.
Speaker 6: That's dope.
Speaker 5: I showed.
Speaker 4: Uh I went up to So yeah, yeah, I went up to Tulsa called the North Texas Tulsa game this past weekend, and while I was on the bus, I made sure and showed as many people as I possibly could the clips that were happening from earlier that day, because we traveled up Friday, so the same day, same morning, and I had throughout the weekend had people coming up and they were like, Hey, how's Nick doing. How's Nick feelings, he okay, is he good? I was like, I keep checking in on him.
Speaker 5: I'm making sure he feels okay.
Speaker 6: You got fans everywhere. Yeah, hey, I walked in the building this morning in case security's like, man, I watched that man. He's a beast man. He pushed my gym. They're all talking about you. So you have a whole new fan base.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.
Speaker 4: So take everybody through what happened after the mics went off?
Speaker 5: Was it was it good?
Speaker 2: It wasn't bad. It really wasn't bad.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I probably had like one little hiccup around like two thirty three o'clock.
Speaker 2: Thanks for the baby wife, Hey appreciate that.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But the gentiles and the gentles, the fleshible gentiles.
Speaker 4: Oh, crazy, crazy crazy. All right, let's talk about this football game. Cowboys win thirty three to ten. And one of our early text messages here comes from Terry and Fayetteville, North Carolina's said, can y'all talk about the Cowboys fan takeover of the stadium yesterday? He was there, he said, at least seventy thirty Cowboys. And that's what Nick Eatman was thinking, was possible. On our pregame show, I asked them a similar question. I was like, this seems different. I mean, y'all were driving into the stadium. There were Cowboys fans, Cowboys logos everywhere. You couldn't get away from the Star in Charlotte.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it honestly surprised me by the way. Shout out Fattville, North Carolina. I love that place. Yeah, honestly surprised me. I figured it would be a Cowboys crowd, but Dad, I didn't expect it to be as bad as it was. And then you know, in the fourth quarter, everyone kind of left, so the stadium I think there was like an aerial shot with like, gosh, I don't know, four or five minutes left wherever they are coming out of a break, and it was just empty and Bank of America Stadium. But I really enjoyed that stadium. There's nothing special to it. But it's just like a Patrick Walker was talking about it, she is a nice ballpark basically, you know. But yeah, Cowboys fans, they came out in full force. We saw him driving in and you would have thought it was you would have thought it was in Arlington for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, shout out to uh.
Speaker 4: And even Steve Williams says here in Charlotte, North Carolina was at the game yesterday.
Speaker 5: It was a home game for sure.
Speaker 4: Let's let's talk about what the Cowboys did well. And they started defensively. That's what set the tone. I mean, you talk about Micah Parsons with the pressures early third down sacks, three of them in the first half, when when Carolina maybe had an ounce of hope that went away very quickly, and what they were able to take away defensively, Isaiah, I mean it was back to the past rush of old where teams want to throw the football. They probably shouldn't throw the football.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, you probably shouldn't throw the football. Actually they were unning a ball relatively well, I thought. I'm not sure why they had been in that game plan. They were within ten points, but they did, and that's their fault. And once they decided to drop back, this defensive line did what they do best, and that is pin their earback and pir ears back and go get the quarterback. They were he was under the rest entire day. I mean, he's had a rough of your Bryce s Young, that is, and it didn't get any better this past weekend. Obviously Michael went off, Okay, he should have. I think he had finished two and a half sacks. I think Curse messed up his third sack by putting his fingertip on him and getting that half sack. But I think there were six different guys with sacks from correct somewhere around there, and there were I don't even know how many pressures. I mean, it was the out of the wazoo, but it was a party in the backfield. That's kind of what you expected if they were in that passing situation. But there are definitely some things that have to get tightened up in terms of that run still. You know, every time we think that the running game is shared up, you know, somebody who's determined to do so comes in kind of shows that you still have a little couple of week spots there, and definitely with the opponents that you will have to face, you might want to tighten that down.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think the fourth quarter made this a lot more digestible that it was looking to be going into going into the fourth, because you're going into that final frame at seventeen to ten that they just cut into a one possession ball game. You know, the offense has kind of stalled out a couple of times. The run defense looks bad, and then they're able to dry down the field, get the Tony Pollard touchdown, which was huge, and then turn around right back and get the drawn blam pick six, and then that was it was the ball game. But yeah, I think without even one of those two things, things get a little dicey at times.
Speaker 6: What about the extended drives, I mean.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so that's seventeen play, seventy yard drive and nine minutes to cut it to one possession.
Speaker 2: Like that was that was?
Speaker 5: That was bad?
Speaker 7: It was three fourth down conversions. There was a there was a lot going on on that drive as well. Within the running game. They had five receptions to Adam Dealan on that drive where he was going into that drive I think with only two or three, so he really turned it on in that moment.
Speaker 2: But yeah, credit to the defense.
Speaker 7: They came back out and started pouncing on the ball and Duran Bland able to get the pick six and then the I still haven't seen the replay on the on the fumble. Was it not jarred loose by the hit because they didn't credit a force fumble to anybody where at this was the drive after the dern Blad picked six on the third down or Bryce Shaan was like escaping the pocket and came up and then fumble the ball and then Marky Spell fell on it.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I don't think they credited a fumble, gotcha.
Speaker 7: Well, I don't know, regardless, regardless, just to be in there all my moment.
Speaker 8: It faked it. He faked it out his hand. Ah, he was running and he tried. He was he was acting like he was throwing it like back, like he was Gonn lateral with someone, and he faked it and then when he brought it back he lost it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because at least in the stat column it says here he lost the fumble. It doesn't say anybody forced it, gotcha. Jameis Winston Wilson recovered it. Yeah, very very much so.
Speaker 7: But but yeah, that the fourth quarter and made this a lot more digestible than it was looking going into the fourth. Didn't love what I saw from the offense overall yesterday. You can tell that they're trying to be creative in the run game. You can tell.
Speaker 2: And I'm glad.
Speaker 7: I'm happy because we were calling for that earlier in the year and every single week we see a different wrinkle being thrown into the run game. This week it was wildcat like okay, and that didn't work out well. But they're getting more creative. The offensive line is getting more of a chemistry up front. I think that's starting to pave some lanes for Tony Pollard. I think that's gonna be the biggest catalyst and towards this running game getting figured out.
Speaker 2: So I was wrong.
Speaker 7: It wasn't really creativity in the run game. It's just about this offensive line getting better.
Speaker 5: What do you think about the offense? What you see from Saturday? From Sunday? Goodness?
Speaker 6: Sorry man, long weekend, Yeah, long week It's kind of what I expected. And I mean we talked about the caroline and defense, you know, going into this game, and how they didn't have anything that necessarily scared you, but they had a been but don't break the type of defense. We knew that Dak wasn't gonna like the score where we knew that our receivers were not going to go crazy, but there was an opportunity to get the running game going. The running game did not get going the way that you would have liked to hope, but you know it was it was enough. It was enough. I don't really know what my expectation was. It was definitely wasn't high. It was nowhere near where it was. And some of the other opponents that we've had, I think they were effective. My biggest thing is just don't turn it over. They didn't do that, and that's a win anytime, you know, the Cowboys can step on the field and not turn the ball over. A Dak, you know, facing one of his I don't want to say arch and imssis, you know, but like one of his areas that he has to address, which is zone defenses, he was able to overcome that without having any major mistakes. That to me was a win for this entire team.
Speaker 5: I want to elaborate that on a little bit because we did get.
Speaker 4: Some texts and some tweets over the weekend about that statement about zone defenses.
Speaker 5: It's Dak traditionally.
Speaker 4: Is rated very high, graded very high against zone defenses. But what you're alluding to is whenever the decision making results in turnovers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not.
Speaker 4: He was twenty one of thirty passing for a good percentage. Now four of his six turnovers, four of his six interceptions this year have come against zone coverage, and it's been like that in the past as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's it. There's a history of that. I mean, I understand this people. I mean, I know when I make a statement, people can go back and say, oh, well, you know he throws against zone all the time. Yeah. Absolutely, there's two different different defenses. There's man in the zone, so there's a lot more zones in there are man in the league. So I'm not saying that he he's you know, not capable of throwing the ball effectively versus his own but that's where he struggles, right because people are able to sneak in guys or there's guys that he doesn't see, or people were able to run trap defenses and things of that nature. So that's the area that he has to continue to improve upon fully capable of doing so obviously like you saw yesterday. But you know, he was able to overcome that hurdle, and I think that's major. That's not something that people are going to talk about, but that's something that I looked at and I was looking forward to, and he did a good job with it. And I think there was a couple opportunities for him to force some balls. Actually he did force a couple that literally just lucked out. But that kind of you know that people won't really look at. But those are things that he has to look at and be like, no, don't go back that way, like keep making good decisions.
Speaker 4: Nine to seven zero. A really good question here. Do you think the run game was affected by play calling? Pollard was running in terms of yards per carry pretty well.
Speaker 5: Throughout the day.
Speaker 6: I mean that defensive line was was doing a pretty good number. I mean he was toting the Rocky who was towing the rocks well for sixty one and that's five point one yards per care, Oh for sure. I mean he had the touchdown. Yeah, he had a couple splashes. I mean, but him, he had twelve touches out the backfield, and I think he had another five and catches if I remember correctly. So I think that they're going to continue to try to find ways to get creative. They did have some two big nasties on the inside that played better than I expected. I don't remember Derek Brown, Yeah he was, Yeah, he was a terror yesterday. So I mean that caused some issues.
Speaker 4: I've got my film notes that I'll tweet out here in a little bit, and that's one of them. Zach Martin had some struggles at times against Derek Brown, which.
Speaker 5: Was a little shocking to me.
Speaker 7: The twenty one yard touchdown really saved face for Tony Pollard's average. His first three carries went for thirty four yards, his next eight carries went for six yards, and then he had the twenty one yard touchdown.
Speaker 5: What do you feel like plays into that?
Speaker 2: What plays into the bad average drop off?
Speaker 5: The drop off fact that it goes from very high to very low.
Speaker 7: Well, you had a couple of plays where the wildcat kind of forced forced him back a little bit, and.
Speaker 5: Then can we throw that out of the playbook?
Speaker 2: I think it will, think I don't think it's the need to ask for they. I think it will be sure, but.
Speaker 7: More so just not finding any holes up front and trying to run downhill.
Speaker 2: I can't really think off the top of my head.
Speaker 7: Again, I haven't gone back on film yet, but I can't think off the top of my head where he was allowed to get out in space on a consistent basis. I remember there being one play where they had they had had lip key kind of in an eye formation and Lipkey came around to the left side and was blocking out in space for him, and I liked the way it looked. It was just still was a corner that had gotten got a really good angle on Pollard and got his legs. But they never tried that again, so it was like, okay, But yeah, overall, I think that's twenty one yard touchdown really saved face for Pollard and made his final day look look better than it was. And I hate to say that because it's not like he had a bad day. It's just this is the same day we've been seeing all season for Pollard.
Speaker 6: Do you think he's getting enough touches?
Speaker 7: I honestly, I don't want him to get a lot of touches like that's that's I've never been that guy with Pollard, I would. I like this distribution where Pollard has twelve, Dawdle has eight, which you know a couple of those probably came after Cooper Rush came.
Speaker 2: In how many forty five?
Speaker 7: But I like the distribution there. I just I want to see those guys get put.
Speaker 2: In better situations.
Speaker 7: In my opinion, Pollard's not a downhill guy, and I know we've seen even last year and at times this year, and on the touchdown run where he's able to just kind of like squeeze between the tackles and weave around and get around guys. And I love seeing that from Pollard. But you're not gonna get that on every play. You know, he's he's best outside and trying to find you know, trying to find some action out in space. And I don't know, we just don't see that utilizes enough enough as I would like to see.
Speaker 4: Yeah, twelve carries four receptions on five targets, so I mean targeted at least as the primary ball carrier on seventeen of his forty five's.
Speaker 6: Now he came in averaging eighteen and a half touches per game, but seemingly touching the ball out the back running wise about twelve times per game. That seems to be like their number that they're capping him at. It's like, oh, he had twelve parright, go get in here, you know. So I'm not sure if that strategy or they're just kind of falling into that, But I don't think that he's going to find his groove the way that people want him to. Only toting the rock twelve times, I just don't foresee it.
Speaker 4: With that being said, the offense, I think it does leave much to be desired, and we'll talk about it a little bit as we go along. It wasn't the high flying offense where the box score looks incredible and there's six hundred and forty yards like we've seen in some of the previous weeks. But it's still something that I think there were positives to take out of it, and we'll talk about that later in the week whenever we look ahead to the Thursday matchup with the Commanders. But I want to talk about this defense when we come back. Should do Ron Bland be in the Player of the Year conversation? I think so let's talk about it. Right after the break on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 9: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheat of Savannah. Todd believed the big cat repellent he bought online was reliable. Now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five g. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G Faster, reliable, Secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 10: Five G requires compatable plan and device. Five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com slash fig for you for details.
Speaker 11: Black Rifle Coffee Company serves premium coffee to people who love America. When you drink Black Rifle Coffee, you are directly supporting veterans, law enforcement, and first responders in your community. Black Rifles expert roasters love coffee almost as much as Texas loves football, so it makes sense that America's coffee partner with America's team go online at Black Riflecoffee dot Com and fuel up with the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys. That's Black Riflecoffee dot Com. To fuel up.
Speaker 4: Today, Cowboys fans. After that move, We've just coined the term rowdy replay. Let's roll back the tables.
Speaker 12: Okay, there's our mascot rowdy cheery on the boys. And now he's on his phone on his Bank of America mobile banking.
Speaker 4: App, staying on top of his finances with his virtual financial assistant Erica.
Speaker 12: Bank of America's digital tools are so impressive Cowboys fans just Can't Stop Banking. Learn more at Bank of America dot com. Slash Can't Stop Banking.
Speaker 5: Everica is only available in the English language.
Speaker 4: You mst download the latest version of the Mobile bank app, only available on select mobile devices.
Speaker 5: Message dat rage apply number FDIC.
Speaker 13: Welcome back into Dear Doctor, the show where I answer life's questions with an ice cold can of Doctor Pepper. Sheila, let's hear from my next caller.
Speaker 4: Would you, Dear Doctor, My friend supported me during a tough time.
Speaker 14: But what's the right gift that says thanks for being the souldier to cry out?
Speaker 13: Okay, this one's easy, I say, give her a delicious doctor Pepper. Nothing says thanks good better than one of a kind soda. Yes, any Doctor Pepper flavor will do now, just to remind her that I don't need to be a real doctor to know that Doctor Pepper is the one you deserve.
Speaker 5: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Back here on Talking cow Boys Presented by a Black Rifle Coffee Company. This segment of the show is brought to you by Quaker Oats, a super trusted superfood. Quaker Oats, the official oatmeal sponsor of the Dallas cowboys.
Speaker 5: Get them in dog all right, I did.
Speaker 6: I'm getting of a week, baby got them many See, everybody has to make sure that they eat healthy the first part of this week because it's gonna get bad on the second half of the week Thursday through Sunday. Your diet is screwed.
Speaker 4: I am both looking forward to and not looking forward to Isaiah's smoked mac and cheese on Thursday.
Speaker 6: I need y'all tell me where to find noodles at I want to go buy noodles after doing a post game show yesterday. They're gone. Noodles are gone. Man. Wow, already I got my cheese, but the noodles are gone.
Speaker 5: Dangn and cheese.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm gonna find it. You canna find it?
Speaker 7: Thanks you thinks this week I'm gonna be like four hundred pounds when I come to the next one day.
Speaker 6: That's okay, I know, guy.
Speaker 2: Any hot sauce, oh, of course, a little bit of hot sauce.
Speaker 6: Oh you gotta put some of the season on there.
Speaker 4: A couple more celebration text messages for you. On this text line, Steven from the three to zero two says, how was the flight for Nick Friday Show?
Speaker 5: Was comedy, comedy, whipped cream forever.
Speaker 2: Baby, Yeah, I got up a couple of times.
Speaker 6: Okay, good yea. Would you ever sneak somebody with hot sauce? Would you ever like put like underneath.
Speaker 2: Something like drug them, not drug them hot sauce?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Like, that's that's as salt in some places, is what he's telling me right now.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna answer that.
Speaker 4: Trying to give you some ideas. Uh, the three zero nine says, shout out to Nick. That wasn't hot sauce. It's a pepper extract. Other places have done challenges with similar items, and the contestants had to sign a waiver before eating a drop of a toothpick.
Speaker 5: That's Ian from Illinois.
Speaker 6: But Nick hairs is a beeft beast. Hot fire hairs maybe yeah, hot fire either that are cool with hairs.
Speaker 2: And one of the two is one of the polar opposites.
Speaker 5: Uh, let's talk about Deron Bland.
Speaker 4: Speaking of hot fire, Deron Blant has been on fire all day long.
Speaker 5: He's been unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh last year and last year his whole career is what he's doing right now. Of course, if you've been under a Cowboys rock for the last twenty four hours.
Speaker 5: He had his fourth pick six, his sixth interception.
Speaker 4: Of the year, and of course that's eleven for his one and two years in the league.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 6: That's actually so how many games that's Deron.
Speaker 4: Blam twenty seven. That was his twenty seventh game and he has eleven picks. That's pretty incredible. And four of them this year have gone back for six, which ties an NFL singles season record. So with that being said, should he be in the defensive Player of the year conversation?
Speaker 7: Yes, absolutely, absolutely, He's gotta be right. I put it in five takes yesterday. I was like, he's an All Pro and he deserves to at least have his name in the conversation for defensive Player of the year.
Speaker 2: Fact, I'm not necessarily saying.
Speaker 7: He should win it, but I'm saying his name should start being brought up, because when you have six interceptions four return for touchdowns, he's.
Speaker 2: Tied or better or tied or more.
Speaker 7: Touchdowns than guys like Travis Kelcey, DK Metcalf, Davonte Adams, Tony Pollard. I mean, we could throw out a ton of names in the NFL he's got more or the same touchdowns as them as a as A as a DV.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the best cornerback in football right now, based off of stats and play.
Speaker 5: Uh, that's hard. That's a hard.
Speaker 6: Lowest lowest completion percentage against most interceptions, lowest.
Speaker 5: Quarterback rating, I believe is the stat.
Speaker 6: I think it's completion percentage, you.
Speaker 2: Think, I'm pretty sure regardless, it's either way. Yeah, it's rich. A lot of guys that have stacked years like this.
Speaker 6: I understand. I'm saying this year.
Speaker 2: That's what I say this year specifically.
Speaker 5: Yes, Yeah, then.
Speaker 6: It's a this year.
Speaker 5: I think it's hard to go against it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think it's with four pick sixes and then he's got two more on top of that, and you think about when he when he did it, some of them were in garbage time.
Speaker 5: I think two of them were in garbage time, but.
Speaker 4: The other two were in crucial moments, including this one where you needed a stop and you had to get one, and not only.
Speaker 5: Was it a stop, but it was a score.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think there's there's a lot to go with here too, And I'm going to give credit here to Travis Roster. He's a he's a fan of the show on Twitter. Uh, he tweeted this out and he tagged us on here. Twenty nineteen Stefan gil More Defensive Player of the Year stats of course, Stefan Gilmour now with the Cowboys, he had forty nine tackles, twenty PBUs, six interceptions, and two touchdowns. Deron Bland through ten games has thirty eight tackles, twelve PBUs, six interceptions, and four touchdowns. Yeah, so he has more touchdowns the same interceptions.
Speaker 5: He's behind in.
Speaker 4: The PBu category by eight, but he's catching it seven games to play and then he has he's minus eleven tackles at the moment.
Speaker 6: How dare you be low on pbusing up on interceptions?
Speaker 5: How dare you?
Speaker 2: But that's the point, is that use more important interception.
Speaker 4: That was a defensive Player of the Year, And if I'm not mistaken, that was the last time a corner had won Defensive Player of the Year.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 2: So it's a pass rush award.
Speaker 7: It feels like recently, sure, And it's not like there's any guy out there that's blowing people away with sack numbers at the moment. I mean, yeah, there's there's guys that are at the top of the list that are already in the double digits, Michael Parsons being one of them.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I think again again.
Speaker 7: I just feel like a conversation needs to be had with the higher ups of the people who make these kinds of decisions.
Speaker 6: You just look at this year, that's the thing. But that's my problem with a lot of voting. A lot of voting people look at previous years. How long have they been doing it? Are they consistent? Put your blind news on what is going on this year? This year, this dude is a freaking terror for any quarterback.
Speaker 7: Yeah, especially considering the role that he had to step in and play. It's not like he had the whole training camp to focus on being a boundary corner. And you know, thinking back to training camp, I couldn't. I mean, he lined up on the boundary and team settings, but it's not like he was out there going against the ones every day, you know, like Trayvon Diggs obviously. So man, it's really impressive, and he's he's such a good dude. He's a great dude. We were able to talk to him in the locker room afterward, and he's just so giggly and and you know, got a got a great spirit about him. We asked him, were like, did we're thinking about the record at any point? He's like, as soon as I cross the end zone, I was thinking about the record. It's like, now I gotta go break it. I was like, Okay, cool, so uh not really good dude, And I'm.
Speaker 2: Happy for him.
Speaker 5: I think he breaks it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he's got.
Speaker 6: It's got seven games, he finishes with eight interceptions on the year.
Speaker 2: How many pick sixes?
Speaker 5: Six?
Speaker 2: And it keeps him have five five five, so he gets one more?
Speaker 5: Oh darn, he only had five pick sixes this year?
Speaker 7: How dare it would be awesome if it's a situation like when Trayvon had to pick six in New England a few years back.
Speaker 2: And that's how Deron blan.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be against Hurts. I'm calling it right now.
Speaker 5: Look mark this date, clippit Beamer, dude.
Speaker 6: If that happens, happening against Hurts, ant stadium is going to go crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they may have to like restructure the foundation after that happened.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that would be wild.
Speaker 4: Compared to Deron Bland, who's been the second best on this Cowboys defense.
Speaker 2: This year, just based on Mica Parsons. It's got to be Michael right, absolutely, Michael Parson.
Speaker 4: You like what he would he showed in a rebound effort. It's kind of sad saying it was a rebound effort, but it was. He had two and a half sacks, tied a career high.
Speaker 7: Did you guys see the whole pregame scoop powder thing? Okay, So he was thrown up in the first quarter and Aaron Andrews was reporting on the sideline like, hey, he's battling some sickness. And then the Cowboys they come out and they're saying, no, he's not sick. He just had something to deal with in the first quarter. But he's good now and he's gotten two and a half sacks. So like everyone's like, okay, whatever you know. And so after the game we asked him, were like, hey, like you all right, you know what's going on. He's like, man, had some teammates that came up to me before we ran out onto the field. He's like, hey, tried this C four powder pre workout powder. He's like, oh, okay, I'll do it. So he takes a whole scoop dry right, he watched it down with some water. He goes, man, this stuff is really strong, and he gets out on the field. He's like, by the fifth play, my heart is beating out of my chest, like it feels like I'm about to explode. He's like, it's like I got CO two bottled up inside of me. So he had to run off. He violently vomits on the sideline, all that protein powder out. He does it twice, and he comes back on the field and gets two sacks in the first quarter. So we asked him, We're like, okay, so would you do it again if it means you get three sex And he was like, no, absolutely not.
Speaker 2: I'm sicking about it. Receied.
Speaker 7: He did joke later on he was like, maybe half a scoop, but yeah, it was really funny. But it was a really good bounce back effort from him.
Speaker 6: I'd say it's a big pre workout, pre workout. I'm not a big pre workout.
Speaker 2: I know you're not horrible. It's stuff is so bad for we.
Speaker 6: Had So I'm not gonna say brands because we've bere not sponsored here, but uh, there is. I had teammates Mark Colombo. Mark Columbo used to have brand.
Speaker 5: He had his.
Speaker 6: Umbo. I'll never forget. He used to drink this stuff, okay, and it was much stronger than what Michael Parsons just part taking took in. Okay, listen, this stuff. He would drink half half a bottle before the game and half a bottle at halftime, and it would have you jacked up. I'm talking about instantaneously, like you think you have two hearts.
Speaker 7: See when I do that type of stuff, like whether it be like a pre workout, or if I just drink like a coffee that's too big. Honestly, we went to Black Rifle that day. That coffee is a little too big for me. The whole day I was just wired. I can't even think right. Like I'm like, if I'm trying to do like you know, past protection sets, well, my mind's just it would be a bad.
Speaker 6: I got banned.
Speaker 5: Fad for me.
Speaker 6: I can see for hard those band I got banned. What'd you do going on air? Oh man?
Speaker 2: Is that our next bet?
Speaker 11: I have?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Do it an hour before the show.
Speaker 6: I would never do that. I'm not doing a thousands that one.
Speaker 2: I'm not doing.
Speaker 4: Where does Bland play next year? Good question from Ron and Concord, California. Even if he isn't the original starter on the outside, should he stay on the outside next year, on the outside on the boundary.
Speaker 6: Yes. With this current team, right, this current roster, he's still the starter on the outside. I don't see how you couldn't put him on the outside.
Speaker 7: Look, I'm I get you, I feel you. I want Gilmore back. If you can get him back another year and he's playing really well. He's not playing like he's played at the best of his career, but his ninety is better than a lot of people's want.
Speaker 2: I'd say, bring back Gilmore.
Speaker 7: I want to see a year with him and Trayvon and then put de Ron Bland in at the nickel.
Speaker 2: You're locking everything down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, by the way, somebody else, I think they're just trying to make a point here. They said, Kyle, what exactly is garbage time? You mean other teams are getting beat I'm not saying that. I'm not discounting Deron Bland having four pick sixes in the NFL. I mean that's the NFL, and that's how it is.
Speaker 5: He said, so, but giving up so it shouldn't count a win and as a win and an I in T is an I in T. I agree. That's the points. He has four interceptions. He needs to beat the defensive player of the year, return for a touchdown, four interceptions, return for a touch.
Speaker 6: Toilet Paper's not a baby white, it's not it's not at all. They have the same job, but they don't. They don't have the same effectiveness. That's not the case. But that's it doesn't matter nice.
Speaker 4: My point in saying garbage time was that it doesn't matter when the time happens.
Speaker 5: It's a pick six in the NFL, and he has four of them.
Speaker 4: The the argument I was saying was from somebody on the outside saying, oh, but he did it at late points in the game.
Speaker 5: No, that's dumb. It's a pick six against a good I mean against NFL players, the best players in the world.
Speaker 4: Starters starters too, because even if it's garbage time, the other team ain't taking their starters out in the.
Speaker 5: Games that Deron Blains haven't picked sixes.
Speaker 4: So really impressive what Doron's been doing. Michael Parsons had a great day. The defense did what they needed to do to get it done, and it's it's one of those things where you don't want to get a false sense of confidence. I mean, we've talked about that already. These games are supposed to be wins. Thursday is supposed to be a win. Next Thursday arguably should be a win. But with that being said, have you been impressed enough with what you've seen these last two weeks Isaiah to say that they're trending in the right direction.
Speaker 6: They're trending in the right direction.
Speaker 10: Good.
Speaker 6: I'm not going to say that I'm impressed. This is the expectation. You know, you have a really good roster. His front office has done a great job putting these guys in place, a really good coaching staff. Now it's just a matter of those all those three things kind of meshing together, right, front office, coaches, players, all those things come together, and now all of a sudden they're trying to become cohesive. People forget that just because coach McCarthy has been here as a head coach, he has not been calling plays. So they're still figuring things out offensively, Him and Setnaheimer is learning how to work together in terms of play calling duties, in terms of having game plans, in terms of making adjustments on the fly. You know, putting your players in position? What are your players comfortable with, whether they're not comfortable with, what concepts work best out of what sets, personnel groups? All this stuff is free flowing. They're still figuring this stuff out, even though the people on the outside of like well, the coaching staff is pretty much the same. It's not okay, these things are It's a fluid situation and they're getting more confident, they're getting more comfortable. However, there's still things that they're figuring out. You saw them playing around with the wildcat. Is this something that we can instill in our offense? Is that's what we can we can have these guys do. Didn't work out?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 6: Cool? All right, this is the game that we try that stuff, a game that we know that we could probably win. Let's try out a couple of things that are you know, a little bit riskier that we're not going to be trying. We need to know that it works or not. Are our guys comfortable with it? Can these guys actually carry this play out? You know the way that we drew it up. So a lot of that stuff is still pending itself out, but ultimately they are improving. They are getting better, and more importantly, everybody's healthy. Yeah, that's the important. Like, you're going through these games, you're learning a lot about yourself. You get in these reps, you're getting film that you can go back and watch and coach and correct on, get graded on, and you're coming out healthy and that is super important as you start getting closer and closer towards the end of the season.
Speaker 7: I was thinking about that yesterday whenever we were walking out of the stadium, I was like, I didn't hear from the press Bocks guy many times last night whenever it's coming over, like saying so and so is questionable or whatever.
Speaker 2: I don't think he maybe said it for on either side. It was the same thing last week too.
Speaker 7: So yeah, getting through the stretch and remaining healthy, that's that's obviously a big deal.
Speaker 4: It's a huge deal, and Dallas is not without their own fair share of injuries.
Speaker 5: We talked about it Trayvon digs out. I mean, imagine Trayvon Diggs and Doron.
Speaker 4: Bland playing opposite of each other, with Stephan Gilmour in there playing well, hey.
Speaker 2: You want stuff.
Speaker 7: Further, imagine Layton van Dersh and to Monclark doing their work and Marky's Bell being able to rotate in as well. I mean, they're dealing with injuries and they've been able to have young guys step up and do the right thing in their place.
Speaker 4: And that's credit to the coaching staff. That's credit to the players that have stepped up into that role, no doubt. But in the past we've seen Cowboys teams not be able to fill voids of injured players.
Speaker 5: And that's not always going to be the case.
Speaker 4: If you're going to lose high end guys, it's gonna take some time to make an adjustment. But those adjustments, at least here in twenty twenty three, with the injuries that have been given to you, it's been adjusted to. It's been there's been those adjustments to get the job done.
Speaker 5: The Cowboys keep winning games. Now, got to keep.
Speaker 4: Taking care of business the way that they've been taking care of business against the Commanders.
Speaker 5: This week, short week on hand.
Speaker 4: A lot of games between these two, Yeah, a lot of games in a couple of days. This is the ten ten days two games stretch or three games in eleven days stretching.
Speaker 6: Twelve, twelve, three and twelve, that's what it is.
Speaker 5: But yeah, lots here. This is the stretch where it's gonna be tough to get through. All right.
Speaker 4: When we come back though, it's time for our smelly Stickers segment. We got to get the helmet. We got to make sure and get it going. I gotta run upstairs again. I was I was too busy getting breakfast and talking to Isaiah beforehand.
Speaker 5: He didn't remind me. You see what kind of friend we've got here. He didn't remind me because he wanted to do the time. Wow, that's what it is. Sorry, guys. Yeah, all right, here we go. We will see you in a couple of moments here On Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 14: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, hater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official Lagon Turf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit Knighteddagginturf Dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 11: Are you ready to take coffee off your grocery list forever? Black Rifle Coffee Club is here to help. As a Coffee Club member, you'll get your favorite coffees roasted, packaged, and ship to your door free of charge on your preferred schedule. Set it, forget it, and never run low on coffee again. Members also get exclusive deals on coffee products and discounts from partner brands. Ease your mind and let Black Rifle worry about your coffee supply. Go to Black Riflecoffee dot com to join the coffee club today.
Speaker 4: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 5: That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys.
Speaker 9: Vip Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles perrow. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 10: Five G requires compatible planing device. Five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com slash five G for you for details.
Speaker 5: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Back here on Talking Cowboys presented by a Black Rifle Coffee Company.
Speaker 6: What are you laughing at?
Speaker 5: Is that?
Speaker 2: Like Zion in that interview a couple of weeks ago, did y'all see that?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: I did see that.
Speaker 5: That was bad. That was bad. It's time for our smelly stickers. But for that, this segment of the show is brought to you by Hi visit Line. The official smile of.
Speaker 4: The Dallas Cowboys, Isaiah stand Back Nick Harris, I'm Kyle Yeoman's all right, I'm gonna go last, because I guarantee you nobody has mine, nobody has my smelly sticker, So I'll let Isaiah.
Speaker 5: I don't know why you're taking so much time.
Speaker 6: I'm ready, let's go.
Speaker 5: Let's go here. Here's your helmet, player of the game.
Speaker 6: I know you guys are gonna try to take it from all.
Speaker 5: Right, I'm going with it.
Speaker 2: All right. You see this right here, Beamer.
Speaker 6: You can't really zoom in on that. That's a that's a little pineapple. It's a tiny one. It's a little tiny pineapple. Okay, a little poof on the head, k little little little Jerry curl up there, Okay, standing on four books? What's the significance of the four books there? That is the four interceptions that mister durand Bland has now taken back to the crib Basy, I've taken four, I know, Kyle, that's I knew. That's why. Get in in that. That's good.
Speaker 5: Get oh he is zooming all the way.
Speaker 6: Here you go, Beamer. Okay, so right there, that is miss drawn playing. Okay, got the little hair on top. Okay, he has a look at his eyes a nice wide open seeing the quarterback, seeing the receiver and grabbing his fourth book a k A touchdown running that thing back. He is absolute beast. He's an absolute dog. We just finished talking about him. Six on the season, four touchdowns ran back. I'm claiming it right now. He'll have eight interceptions on the year and five return for touchdown. Fifth one being against calling it.
Speaker 5: See all your pores on that shot all the way in right there.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That's baby? Is that the secret.
Speaker 6: I'm putting this right on the front so he can keep his eyes open, he can see the next play.
Speaker 5: Like it.
Speaker 7: Like it all right, Joe, I'm about to I'm about to test test how you make that one work. I'm about to test the rules of this show already. It's like a pineapple. That's just like jumping up and down for the gates.
Speaker 5: Yeahs, let me see if I can make it work.
Speaker 6: Happy pineapple.
Speaker 7: Okay, I'm about to test rules of this this segment that we do every week because I need to do too.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I need to do two stickers.
Speaker 7: Okay, So you got a strawberry here, huh, And then you got a strawberry and then a strawberry cut in half.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna put it on.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna make it like one okay, okay to make two and a half strawberries for the two and a half sacks that Michael Parsons.
Speaker 4: Two and a half strawberries test the rules.
Speaker 5: It was good. Thanks.
Speaker 4: I thought you were gonna say something that was gonna get us fired or something like that. No, if that was gonna happen, it was gonna happen on Friday.
Speaker 7: I was about to say, after Friday, we're gonna.
Speaker 4: I think we gotta we gotta tread lightly for the next couple of weeks.
Speaker 5: All right, you're done, You've got to you've got what you got? One more too, all right, I'm gonna save one. This is the one. Yeah, I know we're gonna We're gonna just take all the stickers.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 5: This is the one Isaiah wanted to try and make work.
Speaker 4: It is a pineapple with a purse immersed yea immerse with its eyes closed, and it's skating and it looks very.
Speaker 6: Uh oh man, this is gonna be good. Clip it.
Speaker 4: I don't know, it looks it almost looks like she whatever the pineapple is is leaping is what it looks like. And I'm gonna give this to Luke Schoonmaker because he leapt at the goal line and made the grab into double coverage and had a phenomenal touchdown grab right up the sideline. There have been some drops from the tight end this year, there have been some top some drops, and especially on a play like that that goes over the top, he went up and got it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell Luke and that is that is Luke Schoonmaker. I will give it to Luke though.
Speaker 7: That was a that was a heck of a catch, and that's a catch he has not made this year correct and he has had an opportunity went up and got it.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it is with.
Speaker 7: Those those tight end seams that Dak just dots every single time, but god, they're amazing.
Speaker 5: He's confident in that throat he is. He was confident in it, and Luke went up and got it, just skating down there, just leapt up there, got it done.
Speaker 7: How much credit of that do you think is given into Dak having Jason Whitten and Dalton.
Speaker 2: Schultz to start his career.
Speaker 5: I think a significant amount.
Speaker 4: I think the safety blanket that has been built in Dak's head.
Speaker 5: I don't know what's going on here. Bring it in is due to because he's had some really good tight ends in the past.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, this one right here, what is this is the MVP A week looks looks angry. This is the MVP a week right here, It looks heated. Had a heck of a game. Okay, had an interception, ran back for a touchdown. Michael Parsons had two and a half sacks. Okay, Tony Polter scored a touchdown.
Speaker 2: I think I know where this is going.
Speaker 6: Do you see this face right here? His face looks like something's hot?
Speaker 4: Hot, hot hairs right put it, Put it right in the middle, right.
Speaker 5: Hot there on the fire hairs right there.
Speaker 2: Put it on the next to Kyle's on the back.
Speaker 5: Put it next to mine on.
Speaker 6: The back, right there, zoom is.
Speaker 5: Look at that.
Speaker 6: That's a good spot right there, right hot fire hairs, right right.
Speaker 5: Through hot the teeth of the defense. Oh at your first smelly stuff? Come on as well? Earned What a game it was, well learned.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 4: Also, before we get out of here, I think we would be remiss if we didn't talk about the historic moment that happened pregame. Oh yeah, Uh, Jimmy Johnson headed into the Ring of Honor.
Speaker 5: How about that?
Speaker 4: Jerry Jones making that announcement before kickoff? And then they had the press conference that ran in to kickoff for a little bit. But uh, Jimmy Johnson going into the Ring of Honor and I think a lot of Cowboys fans out there never.
Speaker 5: Thought this day would come, but it is here and it's really cool to see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can we talk about it? Do we have some time to talk about that time?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, So before the game, this is about gosh an hour before kickoff, and we had known that Jerry and Jimmy were in the building together. I was down on the field just kind of watching Jerry and Jimmy have a conversation.
Speaker 6: Did Jerry and Tennas go up when you saw mister Johnson in a building?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean not necessarily that, like it was happening today, But I was like, a I was thinking in the back of my head, like as they showed up together, Jeff Cole from Foxford posting them a video of him walking in with Jimmy into the stadium, and I was like, Okay, this is gonna happen eventually, Like they've had too many conversations recently, public appearances together, the Chargers game being the biggest one. And they walk out on the field and they're greeting people and of blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Waving to the crowd.
Speaker 7: They're talking to a lot of people from the Panthers ownership, and I'm like, this is just kind of odd. And I don't know, you know, I'm me not thinking anything of it, Like maybe it's just you know, owners talking and Jimmy happened to be there. But Jimmy's like involved in these conversations like super and it looks like they're having like intense conversation. It's not like Fieryes, just looks like they're trying to work things out. I'm like, what, okay, what again? Not paying it much mind. There was a lot of stuff going on pregame and then I get a text like Hey, there's gonna be a press conference at twelve forty and it's twenty minutes before kickoff, and I was like, Oh, it's happening today. Wow, that's that's kind of crazy. But yeah, they had talked to the Panthers ownership and the reason that they did it yesterday is because it was the last Fox game that the Cowboys have where they were able to make it happen, and Jimmy's a Fox guy, and then they're doing it on December thirtieth when the Lions come into town.
Speaker 5: The Fox game.
Speaker 7: It's an ESPN game and Troy Aikman is going to be there, so that they.
Speaker 6: Wanted Troy to be there. Yeah that's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so uh that's the Monday night game. It's a Saturday night, Saturday night game.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, so.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but that that was the that was kind of chaotic and it happened completely out of the blue. I did not have that on my BEINGO card when I woke up yesterday morning. But yeah, it looks like I think the only people upset with it are the people outside of the building. Let me yeah, the people in the press conference. Yeah, probably because we didn't get up until I think I got up with ten minutes left in the first quarter when I sat down in my seat, and you know, it was it was it was a little bit of anger amongst the media.
Speaker 6: But it is close all with bunches.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we stopped our show, like, yeah, we were told ten or eleven forty is when they were going to start, So we we shut it down eleven thirty thirty eight I think, and then right after we show it down, they went on Fox at eleven forty. They didn't get a press conference at eleven forty, and they went on Fox.
Speaker 5: And it was really cool moment.
Speaker 4: I mean, we were huddled around the smaller monitor in our control room and Nate Newton was there. Of course, Nate was coached by Jimmy, and Jimmy's had a big impact on Nate throughout the years, and so getting to hang out with Nate during that moment was really cool.
Speaker 5: And got to see the reaction.
Speaker 4: Of all the Cowboys fans that work in our control room and got the share that moment together.
Speaker 5: It was cool.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if you guys have an opportunity to go back and watch Cowboys ote and hear what Nate had to say about his experience with Jimmy and what he meant to him, it was pretty dope. I don't have a lot obviously, I wasn't around during that time. I think it's pretty dope that they hearing some of the backstories that they both had in terms of how they started, how much trust they both had in each other, the risk that they both took, you know, with each other. I think that's amazing to hear those stories and those origin stories and see where they're at now, see the success they were able to have together. You know, people go through relationships, always go through pitfalls and hurdles and hoops and everything else. And to see them come back together and you know them both still be around, to have this moment together, you know, let's let's be realistic. You know, they're both up there in age, so having that opportunity to do that together, I think it's huge, kind of buried to hatch it in some sort, but I just think it's dope. I think I think it's an amazing story. I learned a lot in just a little bit of time that that mister Jones was talking in terms of how they got going, how they met in college. I had no idea. I had no idea that he was a personal guaranteer on his check. I had no idea that Jimmy just said, Hey, as long as you don't pay me less than what I've been making, like you know, just we'll work it out like that. Those are that stuff is all dope. They just let you know that everybody was on board and what it really took to get this organization going in the right direction. I just think it's absolutely amazing. But Biember, Biemer, did you did you ever think that you were going to see it?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 5: Did I think I was ever going to see the day?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, probably because.
Speaker 8: I mean, and I just the way Jerry has been over the years, like loosing it up a little bit, you.
Speaker 5: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: And and I heard.
Speaker 2: We heard a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 8: Actually kind of knew it a couple of weeks ago because they sat down and talked.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: But you know, it's funny because like you're saying about Jimmy and Jerry when they went to school together that you know they were they were there were roommates because Johnson and Jones are right next to each other in alphabetical order. So that's why they were roommates in college for the football team. So that's that's that's how they basically got together.
Speaker 4: So and kind of like how what you were saying, like, relationships go like this all the time, and a lot of times some of them, especially the highly valued friendships and highly valued relationships, they they take the biggest pitfall, and this was a high value relationship. I mean, the two of the top guys in their business that were friends in college, that worked up through the ranks together and then whenever they had the falling out, they had about as deep of a falling out as they did the growth together. And so to see them be able to repair that in a timely manner, to be able to get this to happen, it.
Speaker 5: Really is a cool moment. It was cool yesterday getting.
Speaker 4: To hear that, and we were on the pregame show when we were getting the information and we were kind of feeding it through.
Speaker 5: It was a bit of a scramble, but it was worth it.
Speaker 4: It was really a fun day. So Cowboys Nation, i know, is very happy to see Jimmy Johnson. He's uber deserving and that's no doubt about it. And so the fact that he's heading into the Ring of Honor, that's going to be a really really cool special day on December thirtieth. And we're gonna make sure Nate Newton's in the building for that one too, or make sure he's there for that one. So all right, that does it for us here today, on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 5: We'll be back tomorrow. It's a Talking Tuesday.
Speaker 4: We're also going to preview the matchup with the Commanders because it is a short week. Can't dwell on this win for very long. Got to look ahead to the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 7: Just three shows this week, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, on Thursday or Friday.
Speaker 4: So plan accordingly, Plan accordingly Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and then enjoy your Thanksgiving Holidays on Thursday and Friday with some Cowboys football, and then we'll be back Monday as well. For Chris Beam, Isaiah standback for Nick Harris. I'm Kylie Yeoman saying so long from the Star on Frisco. We'll see you tomorrow on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.