Speaker 1: Hey, we get a lot of new listeners to the pod, and we love that. Thank you for being here, whether you found us on like a viral TikTok or maybe a viral Facebook where someone sold our.
Speaker 2: Audio or that bus stop where I've been riding like that, Broke and Jeffrey, right, yeah, by that, it's small fun.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that. That's gorilla marketing and that's finest. But you're here, and this is the official Second Date podcast. We've got a brand new episode coming for you, but we always love to start by highlighting one of our listeners.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Joseph Petrue said, Hey, Brook and Jeffrey Crewe. I'm in college to be a business engineer, and I listen to your podcast every.
Speaker 4: Morning to help me get through the week.
Speaker 3: I like to highlight the people with really smart future careers to listen to us.
Speaker 1: I see, Yeah, to prove we don't really cover business or engineering.
Speaker 4: I don't even know.
Speaker 1: How they go together. To be honest, all right, let's make this guy dumber. Your brand new Second Date update starts right now.
Speaker 5: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning Date updates.
Speaker 2: I know we've talked about this before, where you may have a big plan for your first date. But plans change and suddenly you're saying, oh god, I didn't realize they remodeled this fancy steakhouse and turned it into a chucky cheese.
Speaker 5: And they got rid of the valet too.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, all those chucky cheese buildings definitely used to house fancy steakhouse, right, thank you.
Speaker 5: In my neighborhood.
Speaker 1: They date and the entertainment.
Speaker 5: Now you've got to adjust.
Speaker 2: And apparently one of our listeners had to adjust on the fly and deal with a change of plans for her date, and she needs our help today. Her name is Aria.
Speaker 5: Aria. I'm assuming you didn't plan to call into a.
Speaker 2: Radio show for help with your love life either, but here you are welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 6: No I did not.
Speaker 1: That's a good pivot. Can I ask before we get into it, is it you that plan the date?
Speaker 6: No? I did not plan the date?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, who planned it?
Speaker 3: Ryan?
Speaker 7: The guy went out with where you came at? So we actually met through church. We both volunteer like when they have events. We helped put out food and things like that, and obviously we've seen each other around and finally he asked me out that means you.
Speaker 4: Were hoping for it volunteering for the same area.
Speaker 5: How did he do it?
Speaker 7: I mean, he just literally just asked if I wanted to go on a date. And I normally.
Speaker 6: Don't do this, but I did let him come pick me up at my.
Speaker 4: Place because church, Yeah, hopefully you can trust.
Speaker 7: Him exactly, That's what I thought. So I invited him to come inside, and when.
Speaker 4: He picked up right away, yes, because I was.
Speaker 6: I was kind of frustrated at the time.
Speaker 7: I really like cooking and I have been for this ingredient called aleppo. I don't to be heard of it, but it's like a It's like a special chili spice.
Speaker 5: Oh sounds like a drug.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 2: It sounds like one of those late night infomercials like ask your doctor if AO is right for you.
Speaker 6: It kind of does.
Speaker 7: But I have been looking online and then trying to find if it was available at any stores, and I.
Speaker 6: Just wasn't having any luck.
Speaker 7: And it was for the socok recipe I was trying to do for my family the next day, the guy.
Speaker 2: You're scattered long unless aleppo is like some sort of aphrodisiac.
Speaker 5: Before the date happened, but I don't know, maybe not not that I know.
Speaker 6: Okay, So you in him in yeah, yes, and he was being.
Speaker 7: Really sweet and he offered He's like, well, let's go find it. He's like, I know some grocery stores in the area that has some cool stuff. So he's like, let's go check them out.
Speaker 2: So this must be the adjustment that you're talking about where you had something planned and suddenly you're going out to pick up spy.
Speaker 6: Yes. I thought it was really sweet. I mean, so we went to like three different grocery stores.
Speaker 7: But we finally ended up fighting it at like a specialty fancy store.
Speaker 1: Then did you finally get to go on your date?
Speaker 8: WHOA?
Speaker 7: So by this point it was really late, so we just went back to my place and we did end up making out air and run. Yeah, So, I mean I felt a good connection and we planned on definitely going on another date.
Speaker 1: It's wild that you can't get a hold of this guy. I mean, assume that's why you're calling us, because right you volunteer with him at the same church.
Speaker 7: I just don't know what happened, you know, Like I'm assuming he had like a big plan for the night and it felt through. But I mean, he he was being like the sweetest guy.
Speaker 4: They went on a second date. He doesn't have to.
Speaker 2: But from the way that you're the way that you just said that, did you not know what his plan was?
Speaker 6: I did not.
Speaker 7: That's the thing, because.
Speaker 2: There's a chance that maybe he had something really big plan, something really special, and he feels like he never got to do it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I.
Speaker 7: Feel like he could have said that, you know, and I want a guy to put in that effort, like I want them to plan something special.
Speaker 1: And so wait, are you disappointed that he offered to take you to all those grocery stores?
Speaker 4: I'm confused.
Speaker 7: I mean, did he like just take me there because he had nothing plan? Or I don't know, there could have been.
Speaker 5: A guy with a violin like on a park waiting for you and you never got.
Speaker 1: To get there.
Speaker 2: So since that happened, have you been communicating and trying to put together another date or what's happened there?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it just feels like every time we do something's always coming up.
Speaker 2: Now another spice is missing and you have to do another oseeing him.
Speaker 7: Though no I haven't seen him.
Speaker 2: Since, sure, but you are trying to put something together. It's just never materializing into an actual meet.
Speaker 7: Up exactly exactly, So I don't know what's going on because I feel I mean, I had a good time, even though I know we were just looking for spices.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you weren't disappointed that there wasn't a grander plan.
Speaker 7: I mean, if there was a grander plan, you know, I don't know that it existed because we never got to go out again. So I'd like to see it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't imagine what would be grander than a grocery store run to several different places around the city.
Speaker 5: But if he really does.
Speaker 2: Have something in mind, we'll find that out because we're gonna call Ryan and try and get you your second date update little spice on top of it. Yeah, I know, I think we're all hungry. We'll get this done right after this.
Speaker 5: Hold on Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 8: Second date updates.
Speaker 5: Just quick recap if this part one.
Speaker 2: Two people met at church that would be our listener, Aria and a guy named Ryan.
Speaker 5: He asked her out, but.
Speaker 2: Instead of doing their plan date for the night, whatever that was gonna be, instead they went on a night long grocery store run all over the city, trying to find one particular spice to help Aria finish a family recipe.
Speaker 4: Remember, it was his idea.
Speaker 1: It was his idea to help her out and go find this thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, he was totally on board with that.
Speaker 2: But they never ended up going anywhere else except for back to Aria's for a little C and K cooking and kissing.
Speaker 1: Oh. I was wondering about the food situation. Maybe he's not calling me back because he's hungry.
Speaker 5: She said. It was like a slow cooker, So I was like, they're not eating the chili. Whatever ended up happening.
Speaker 2: That was the last time the two of them saw each other, but we never asked how long ago was that date, Aria.
Speaker 7: That's the thing, it's then two weeks now.
Speaker 1: While is it so awkward right now because you were volunteering with this guy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and it's And that's why I don't know, I'm weird about it because I feel like it was a comfortable state, Like, I mean, it was good conversation. It didn't feel awkward at all.
Speaker 5: It's one of those.
Speaker 1: Things, too, are you that like when you do just normal errands with someone and can still have chemistry, that means that there could really truly be something there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, that's what I thought.
Speaker 7: And you know, and sometimes like it's it's timing and it's like, now I feel like we're losing that spark.
Speaker 6: I guess that we have.
Speaker 2: You know, it'd be such a shame to have so much potential cut down by a six sounds jar of a leppo.
Speaker 5: That just doesn't seem fair.
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, that's what I want to know. I mean, it just was going so good.
Speaker 2: I thought, well, let's find out. We'll see if Ryan picks up the phone. I'm gonna dial his number right now.
Speaker 5: Hopefully he answers, but let's do it. Hello, Hey Ryan, is this Ryan?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Who is this?
Speaker 5: Hey man?
Speaker 2: My name is jeff from a show called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning. Everybody's here, Hey Ryan, good.
Speaker 1: Morning from a showy radio show.
Speaker 8: Is this like a scam called I'm getting a lot of those?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: We hate those two weeks to Ryan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is not a scam called. This is a segment called a second Date Update where we're trying to help out one of our listeners that you went out with about two weeks ago, a girl from your church named Aria.
Speaker 8: Why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a cute response.
Speaker 8: Well, why is she contacting you? We're still in touch, like we're texting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she said that.
Speaker 2: We got that impression from her. But what she's not understanding is why the two if you haven't met up a second time in the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 8: I mean, it's just like a scheduling thing. Like it's not like I haven't talked to her, you know, like I don't know, you.
Speaker 1: Can't find time in the last two weeks to even just grab coffee with her.
Speaker 8: I okay, I gotta be honest with you, y'all.
Speaker 5: I mean, oh, I don't like that sentence.
Speaker 8: I don't even know how to explain this, but I have I have this feeling that I just sort of can't shake.
Speaker 5: Okay, can you take a pill for it or something? Can you shake it?
Speaker 1: With that? We're joking, we're joking.
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 8: Well, this is gonna sound ridiculous, but I think maybe I feel kind of like I love her already.
Speaker 5: WHOA I can think.
Speaker 1: I will say, you know her more than just one date because you guys have been volunteering together, So I don't think that that is totally insane.
Speaker 2: But why wait, why wouldn't you call her back, she thinks you don't like her.
Speaker 4: And you love her.
Speaker 8: Well, I don't know. I feel like if we go on a normal date, it's just gonna feel different.
Speaker 1: What do you mean is what's gonna feel different?
Speaker 8: I'm just nervous that if we like go to dinner or drinks, it's just gonna feel different, like we did such a boring kind of thing, Like I just want to go to the post office. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're done with all the romantic aspects already. You want to dive right into like boring chores, mundane forever, love life together.
Speaker 8: I mean, I'm not saying forever, but I'm just feeling kind of stuck. And I mean it's funny that you call because I think about her all the time.
Speaker 4: You need to to take her out.
Speaker 1: I mean, if chores are fun with her, then imagine what a great night out is with her, Like that will just only amplify the good.
Speaker 8: Yeah. I don't know. I just feel like I might mess that up. Like we have like this volunteering thing coming up, and I kind of think we should just do that.
Speaker 5: Oh God, you're friend zone her because it's going too well. Listen, to yourself.
Speaker 8: I don't want a friend zone her. I want more, but I think this might be the path to get there.
Speaker 1: I think will be the same, not more, It'll be the same.
Speaker 4: Yeah, church volunteer, buddy past.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah. I mean there's a lot of stuff running through my head, like I feel like I'm in paralysis, and I don't know what to do about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, you know, I think you don't have to do anything right now. You could just stay paralyzed for the moment and let Aria do all the talking because she's on the other line waiting to jump in and speak with you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, right here, right now.
Speaker 8: Oh no, oh no, I don't know.
Speaker 5: You have some nice thoughts to say to you.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of information though, for Ari.
Speaker 5: Are you there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 7: I'm trying to take everything in.
Speaker 8: Look, I didn't know you were listening to all that. So I take it back, or take or take a lot.
Speaker 2: Of it back, just forget the last five minutes.
Speaker 5: Of your life.
Speaker 6: I don't think you can take that back.
Speaker 1: Ryan. Do you want him to.
Speaker 4: Take it back? Or did you like hearing that question?
Speaker 7: I like hearing that, but I'm also concerned because I want that romance.
Speaker 6: I want that planned special date. And I did.
Speaker 7: Have fun, like I told him, I really did have fun just going grocery shopping with you. Absolutely, But there's got to be more to it.
Speaker 8: So you want me to do you want me to move in or something?
Speaker 1: Is what.
Speaker 8: I don't know. I'm just I'm spitballing here. I'm distressful. I mean, have you ever like.
Speaker 7: Planned a date before, I mean just something like some kind of thought.
Speaker 8: I mean I planned one with you. But we went to the grocery store and then that was way better than anything I came up with.
Speaker 5: What We don't know that it was better or worse.
Speaker 8: We were just going to go to dinner and drinks, you know, the normal stuff.
Speaker 5: You know, You're right, grocery store shopping is better.
Speaker 8: I mean, I feel like that was what the magic the spice was so speak.
Speaker 1: Listening to her and hearing what she needs though too, Like she needs to feel special in taking care of and.
Speaker 8: That's what I was trying to do. She needed a spice and I was trying to help her find it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he wants to make her feel special by like taking her to the pharmacy to pick up her medication. And helping her, you know, organize her junk drawer in her cabinet.
Speaker 1: Those things are great. I think that any person would appreciate.
Speaker 4: That, right, But he needs aaron body.
Speaker 1: Yes, but I think that she needs she's saying, and I could be wrong. Are you that you need a little bit more?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I think the difference is like the love language here, you know, like I need that quality time, that special time, and he just kind of just wants to like do the practical help and that just doesn't reach me as much.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, that is a very clear message.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Ryan, are you hearing her?
Speaker 8: Yeah, Area, I am hearing you, and I hear that you don't want me to help you anymore. And that's fine what she says.
Speaker 5: I don't think anybody heard.
Speaker 4: How could she have communicated that more clearly?
Speaker 8: Ears are blogged with love?
Speaker 5: Okay? Well again, I think there's an ointment for that.
Speaker 2: But I mean, I think you guys should probably talk about it together when you're on a date.
Speaker 1: Pay for half their dry cleaning or pay for dinners.
Speaker 5: Really up to them.
Speaker 8: Maybe we can go to dinner and I'll bring my taxes and you can bring your taxes and we'll do those, could there.
Speaker 1: Be a less sexy sentence.
Speaker 2: Well, normally here we'd be asking Ryan if he'd want to go out, but it sounds like Aria, he's fully invested.
Speaker 4: He's already dropped the album for.
Speaker 5: He's laid it down pretty hard. Aria.
Speaker 2: Do you want to go on a date with Ryan? And if you do, we can pay for that date.
Speaker 7: I just feel like he's already halfway to the practical side, and that worries me. But I'm willing.
Speaker 6: To give it a shot.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, you can learn to love practical sounds hot, all.
Speaker 5: Right, Ryan? She has officially said yes, kind of.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So maybe bring a little bit of romance with you on your tax dinner date.
Speaker 5: Maybe some flowers.
Speaker 8: I will pack some romance in my pocket.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's where you keep your romance.
Speaker 1: That looks in your right pocket, brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: I've been thinking we should advise more first daters to say I love you right out the gate.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, as soon as.
Speaker 2: You meet up at the restaurant, hug them and whisper I love you, so that you get all that awkwardness out of the way and it doesn't happen in the middle of our second date calls, because that made us uncomfortable and that's.
Speaker 5: Not fair to us.
Speaker 4: She definitely didn't say it back.
Speaker 5: No, she didn't know.
Speaker 2: She didn't know what to say when that came out, and that just made it awkward for everybody. Even the people listening felt cringe.
Speaker 1: It may work out though, in the end. It's always nice to be with someone that loves you more than you.
Speaker 5: Like that baby, I feel like you know they won't leave you.
Speaker 2: I appreciate your hopeless optimism in.
Speaker 1: A good way.
Speaker 2: It's going to be tough for him to come back from but who knows, maybe miracles will happen.
Speaker 1: You know, she's she's looking at a clock that she's worried about.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we're hoping that by the end of the year her ears are clogged with love too, and.
Speaker 4: They finish their taxes together.
Speaker 2: Yes, all good things, and we want good things for you and your love life.
Speaker 5: Reach out to the show. We can call that person who's not calling you back.
Speaker 2: And it's also good if you subscribe to our podcast, if you're listening, if you're listening to us on it right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning