Speaker 1: Don't answer the phone.
Speaker 2: Elvis Duran, the Elvis Duran phones happened.
Speaker 3: You see, Scary has found another way to get under his parents' skin. You know, Scary's mom and dad are traditional old school Italian Americans. They live in Brooklyn, USA. They don't like a lot of clutter in their house. So anyway, Scary's family has their tradition where Scary likes to buy presents for his nieces and nephews. So he decided this year to buy these massive tricycles for his nieces and nephews.
Speaker 4: Right, Scary, Yeah, I was out of town and I couldn't make it out to see them with the rest of my family. Said ordered these bikes online and I sent them to my parents' house without telling them that these big boxes were going to be arriving. So I had just called my father to break the news about what I did. He got very angry. He told me that the to call Toys r US and canceled the shipment. So that's where the phone tap picks up.
Speaker 3: He's already told you to cancel the shipment. Yeah, he was to cancel Christmas for your nieces and nephews.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so now now this is me calling my father back here, And this is where the story picks up.
Speaker 2: Here we go, Hello, Dad, Yeah, so I called toys r Us right.
Speaker 5: The lady told me that there's there's no way that they can reverse it. They actually sent it out yesterday, and that it's too late. So the three bikes are on the way to the house. Who's going to be home tomorrow between one and three?
Speaker 2: What if, Mommy says, if we don't accept them? What if I don't want them? I tell him I don't want them.
Speaker 5: You're gonna refuse shipment?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll tell them. I didn't know w whatder these things?
Speaker 5: Why would you? I don't understand. Whyould you do that?
Speaker 2: Look, they don't live around the corner here? What do you think they're down the block here?
Speaker 5: Why I figured that you yesterday?
Speaker 2: What are you figuring? You don't you know? Anthony? You got your own life going on here. That's fine, But when you won't make these things and you don't talk to anybody, you gotta call us and let us know. You just don't take it upon yourself to say to the house, what am I gonna do with these things? At they're big boxes? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I know, but I was in Florida at the time. What about you know I was there?
Speaker 2: How often do I go to I got? I paid them weekly visits.
Speaker 5: I just thought that there would be a greater chance that you would see them before.
Speaker 2: Oh really, oh really?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And what are I doing the meantime with these boxes? I thought that you would put them in storage in the half we're we're in the house.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that you have an extra room, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, if there's stuff in there already. I got up there and I was gonna build a plane up there, all right, a plane. Yeah, I'm building a plant. My plane. I'm gonna I got in order. I'm gonna be coming in a plane. I'm gonna be building up there next time. Don't do anything unless you talk to us, unless you want to take a trip out there when you can make it. That's it. Oh know that? Than that, don't don't do anything without us knowing about it. That's all I'm telling you. Because the easiest thing is to send them a gifts it to forget a check, money that they could put in the bank that they would have more use for than these freaking bikes. And when they got bikes already, and they got toys, and they got this, and they got that.
Speaker 5: It says each box is seventy five by sixty three.
Speaker 2: Wait, how many inches?
Speaker 5: Seventy five by sixty three?
Speaker 2: Seventy five inches is six foot by how wise sixty three sixty three six feet by five feet?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess a little bigger than I thought.
Speaker 2: Yeah, three of them that side. And I shouldn't be angry. I don't even think I could fit him in my truck to take him out there all on one shot. But I don't know I should take I should do the right thing, because I don't want to do the right thing. You call us and we'll tell you what to do.
Speaker 5: But I know them Christmas presents.
Speaker 2: You don't know what. I'm nothing. You could have give him a gift.
Speaker 5: I gave him a gift. He's a gift.
Speaker 2: He's a gifts. How are you gonna get him out there?
Speaker 5: I don't know?
Speaker 2: Are you are you want to be available to take him out there? But I want to know, are you want to be able to make arrangements to get them out there?
Speaker 5: I'm never out there? You're out there?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, right, So I'm the one that's gonna be the delivery guy. Out there without you out there? Right, that's the way it's gonna be. And I gotta make a trip with mommy. I can't even know if they fit my truck. I'm not gonna get him out there.
Speaker 5: I wasn't thinking. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: He listen to me carefully. The best gifts are gift certificates on money in an envelope.
Speaker 5: That's it. But you're boring and so pleasing.
Speaker 2: So boring, all right, So this is more exciting now, right?
Speaker 5: It is exciting.
Speaker 2: Well, then you figure out how to get him out there. How's that? All right? I won't see how exciting. Then we'll see how exciting it is.
Speaker 5: I don't have time to go out.
Speaker 2: Well, so now i'm the one that's I'm the one that's to take the trip out there with six, with these three big bikes out there, I gotta figure out how to get them out there. Tell me what's right or what's wrong?
Speaker 1: When I all, I know when you went to go visit them, I was in Florida, so we were I supposed to say, you're supposed to ask us, Minnie that I could buy them toys.
Speaker 2: Toys that ain't a toy, that's a bike.
Speaker 5: But it gives them exercise. Always that they're gonna better than a toy, don't right?
Speaker 2: What if they got bikes?
Speaker 5: But these are these are nice bikes.
Speaker 1: These are like cop car bikes.
Speaker 2: Anthony.
Speaker 5: I don't know, That's all I'm saying. It's just.
Speaker 1: A thing.
Speaker 2: You know what, you did, the wrong thing? Okay, all right, Mommie would have wrapped the present. They would have had something that they were gonna wrap these boxes. You ain't wrapping these boxes.
Speaker 5: I thought, mommy, I thought you and Mommie would wrap the boxes. How am I gonna wrap them?
Speaker 2: Anthony? Six by five? I'm gonna wrap boxes like that.
Speaker 5: Only I'm picturing is the look on their face because they're three and four years old and they want to open size.
Speaker 2: You're not even going to be there to see it. So what's the difference? What the hell is the difference?
Speaker 1: So now?
Speaker 2: What? So?
Speaker 5: Now? I mean, I can't put a stop to it. They're on their way.
Speaker 2: I don't know, No, Mommy, well, mommy and my toe. Mommy, you already what'd you say? You don't know she's getting nails?
Speaker 1: Do?
Speaker 2: She says? I don't know.
Speaker 5: We have two empty rooms in that house.
Speaker 2: You know what Anthony, you forget about it. I don't want to talk about it no more. Goodbye?
Speaker 1: But you why you sound were you making it sound like it's a big production?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well well then then you then you figure out how to run though. U haul fucking take him out there? How's that? All right? Now? I will let me ask you. Is it a big production? Anthony? All right? I thought the answer my question? Is it a big production? Right? The you haul and take him out there if you have to. I'm done with the conversation. Goodbye.
Speaker 5: All right. Well, in the meantime, you've been toll tapped. Will you laugh for me? Please?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Laugh? Okay, I'm gonna I'm gonna break your head when I see it. That's what I'm gonna choke. Mommy's saying you should have phone tapping you, and I says, why would he full tap me? I says, you know what I mean? He he sounded serious about it.
Speaker 5: Well, the bikes are really coming. I got news for you. That's not a joke.
Speaker 2: So I just onnounced double where me here? Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You bull tap me? And I got to deal with these three bikes that you sent it all the round.
Speaker 1: The elvis Duran phone tap.
Speaker 5: This phone tab was pre recorded with permission granted by all party space The
Speaker 2: Elvis Duran phone tab only on Elvis Duran in the Morning Show