Speaker 1: Podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Meet Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I'm your host, Spencer new Art and today we're joined by Jannis Brody, Randall, Cal Alyssa Logan and Tate Morgan from Sons of Smokey Outdoor Stewardship. Tate, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: First thing, tell folks what Sons of Smokey is.
Speaker 1: Sons of Smokey is an organization we formed about five years ago. It's dedicated to removing trash from public land. So we organize events in association with our other event, the Gambler five hundred. And then also we've develpt an app where anyone hikers, birdwatchers, hunters, off roaders can find trash in the wild market on the app. And then we also use that tool to go out and pick all that trash up.
Speaker 2: Okay, a lot of good stuff there. Let's talk about the Gambler five hundred. First, what is it?
Speaker 1: It's an off road navigation rally utilizing cheaper, impractical fun cars and we wanted the forest looking for trash. That's a big party too.
Speaker 2: And Cal, what was your role in that this year?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: My objective was to just show all these other user groups that this very eclectic, loose, fun group of people also exist and they're excellent stewards of public land, like they use public lands and there's this huge stewardship aspect to I think it was four thousand people in Madras, Yeah, right, Like, I mean, that's a lot. That's a big group of people to get together so that there's some secret sauce that this guy has put out there and people are reacting to it and people need to know about it. So that was my objective, and you know, I just felt like it was a very important thing to showcase during like the big public lands fight, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Cal had described it to me as possibly the largest public land trash pickup in the world. You said four thousand people there. What's the rest of the scale of this trash pick up event?
Speaker 1: Well, and so I don't know if I can say world, because there's some ocean cleanups that go you know, go on nationally that that might but as far as one particular weekend, we've we've topped out and we've done four hundred and fifty thousand pounds of trash, and that includes abandoned cars, RVs. Boats. We go for big stuff called trophy trash. So you roll into camp with a water heater and you know, instead of like a big boil, you get a water heater out there and everyone collapsing and throw it in the bin and you go back out and you do it again.
Speaker 2: Tell you about the rest of the trophy trash. What are like the craziest things you guys bring in?
Speaker 1: I mean, right now it's our vs. We have a big house house. The situation that's happening in Oregon and unfortunate, it's getting pushed out into public lands. And so we've got all these abandoned campers that are out there. I mean we hauled in about I think about twelve of them this year. We got to pick them apart and get rid of them. We did fifteen abandoned cars and then boats. Boats are always the funny, funniest thing. So how did this? It's not on a Trailer's just a boat on top of a mountain somewhere and we hold. But it's also fun because you could usually haul them out with you know, Toyota corollas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, cal you you have some content coming out with Tate. Tell folks win and where they'll get that well.
Speaker 4: Hopefully we can get it put together well next week or so. On the YouTube channel the Meat Eater Podcast YouTube channel, you'll be able to see some of this. You can always cruise the Sons of Smoking Gambler five hundred Instagram feed as well, and then down the road whenever the editing schedule allows, there'll be more of a full length, you know, thirty forty minute.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: There was so much to film.
Speaker 4: There was so much to film, it's it might just be a scrolling montage of weird and awesomeness. It was gorgeous the whole time, so trying to keep the sinnies in line was very hard.
Speaker 6: It sounds kind of like Burning Man for people who aren't selfish exactly.
Speaker 4: Burning Man was brought up multiple times during this shoot, and every time somebody was like, this is not burning Man.
Speaker 5: Do not associate.
Speaker 3: We clean up after ourselves.
Speaker 5: Uh huh.
Speaker 7: Have you guys ever come in behind the rainbow gathering?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Never, but I heard, Yeah, I know that that's kind of a big issue. We're slightly more organized and functional than that group of misfits.
Speaker 7: But no, I'm saying, like, come in to clean up after them.
Speaker 1: Uh no, no, And yeah, I mean I don't even know where they are these days, but around there are there are a few like like the Cascade really and a few sporting like sports events where people run or bike and stuff that people ask us to come in after them. They like these people trash this places, water bottles and ditches everywhere, and and yeah, that's that's that's not our gig.
Speaker 4: So yeah, Rannie's crushing cups on his head and drawing off the side.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean it is a party. I mean we'd have like ten bands out there and a bunch of vendors, and you know there's some pops consumed you know at night and stuff, and it's a good mix.
Speaker 2: That's great, good stuff.
Speaker 5: Who's smoky smokey.
Speaker 1: We wanted to make it sound like kind of like more treacherous, kind of like bike like intimidate litterbugs and so the sons of smoky you know, you know, at the end of the day, we're.
Speaker 7: Just sons of anarchy was taken.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's play on that and sons you know some of smoking the bear, the smoking mountains.
Speaker 5: Just okay, yeah, I like it.
Speaker 2: Tate, Welcome to the show. Now this is a ten round quiz show with questions from Meat Eater's four verticals, which are hunting, fishing, conservation, and cooking, and there is a prize. Mediater will donate five hundred dollars to the conservation organization of the winner's choosing. Now, Tate, what are your strengths and weaknesses in trivia that's about hunting, fishing, conservation and cooking.
Speaker 1: I'm a yeah, jack of all trades, but yeah, I'm I'm a deer and elk hunter. You know, big public land guy out here up in Oregon. So I usually you bring home at least you know, one of the two. So I'm I'm an audit you guys content So you know, all right, I know know some stuff, but I probably tell you today.
Speaker 5: I know all right.
Speaker 2: For the housekeeping section, Phil and Randall did bar trivia last night. What was the result.
Speaker 8: Well, it's kind of an interesting evening.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, yeah, thank.
Speaker 8: You Phil, thank you.
Speaker 6: So we uh we decided the very last minute to play trivia at a local watering hole at six pm. And at six oh five it was plain to us that trivia was not in fact happening.
Speaker 9: Despite being advertised on There.
Speaker 2: Were you the only ones waiting for trivia.
Speaker 6: Yes, so in any event, it was it was filmed myself and our lovely wives, and we uh, we deliberated on whether or not we could stay out long enough to go to an eight o'clock trivia game and another watering hole. Four rounds, great trivia, really phenomenal questions. We were playing against a table of some ten odd hold hold.
Speaker 5: On, so you did make it to the eight pm?
Speaker 2: We did migrant it called an audible Yeah, we played.
Speaker 6: We played against a table of some ten people against the rules, right neck, And no they don't, they don't limit that what they.
Speaker 2: Do morally, it's against Yeah.
Speaker 6: And ultimately there was that there was a moment in time during the second round, which which was very difficult, and a gentleman came out of the restroom and stood for our table like belly to our answer sheet and glanced at the answer sheet, glanced at the TV, and I just thought, well, maybe this is some hapless fool who's bumbling about the world without any sense of how people perceive his actions, and I'll just let him go on his merry way without saying anything. And then in fact was a member of that big team, and so he he hovered over our answer sheet until Sydney told me later that she gave him like a glare, and that's when he actually left our table and he went and sat down right next to him.
Speaker 9: So it turns out they were our closest rivals the whole game.
Speaker 6: But we saved our you know, you can double your best round, and we saved our double star until the very end category biopics or biopis, and we did a clean, clean sweep there, forty points. We didn't even use the mulligan that we could have used at any and one of the four rounds.
Speaker 2: So dominant.
Speaker 8: It felt really good.
Speaker 6: Actually it was challenging and and and you know, it's not at all fun if you don't win.
Speaker 9: Yeah, especially especially since we weren't almost We almost didn't go because we were a bunch of early birds.
Speaker 8: And then I'd just like to we we won. Uh, we won a fifty dollars bar tab.
Speaker 5: Oh a little.
Speaker 8: We had already settled our bar tab, so uh.
Speaker 6: I went to the I went to the bar, and I said, hey, can we just have like as many unopened beers as you can give those coasty.
Speaker 8: Bucks their ice cold?
Speaker 5: Okay, they're ice cold.
Speaker 8: So if anybody would like one, Phil you want to, oh please?
Speaker 3: I'm so glad I didn't make fun of that story.
Speaker 6: Sidney and I Yes, Sydney and I walked out of Molly Brown's last night with an armful of beers, and uh, what a great.
Speaker 2: Day they because they make you use.
Speaker 6: The tab the night that you win. And so I was about to call the store boys and just say, you guys want to come because we we had had enough. You know, it was ten pm past our bedtime. And I almost called the store boys and said, you guys want to guys want to chew up a fifty dollars tab here at Molly Brown.
Speaker 8: But they were kind enough to give us some road beers.
Speaker 2: So kind Yeah, good on you, so cheers. Well done, yeah, Randall, well done?
Speaker 3: Filled yougether?
Speaker 2: How many questions did you get wrong?
Speaker 6: The first round we got one question wrong, The second round we got three wrong.
Speaker 9: The third round was a weird one because it was in like a mix. It was a big pool of points.
Speaker 8: Anybody else.
Speaker 9: We finished with a ninety two out of one hundred, and the second place team had ninety.
Speaker 6: Yeah the third the third round you had to match decades to events without and they didn't repeat, so it was like if you got one wrong, you got too wrong, but then you could get.
Speaker 8: Bonus points by naming the exact date. So that's when we really made up some ground.
Speaker 6: And then in the final round, I mean it was a storybook finish, trying to move.
Speaker 3: The only thing that.
Speaker 10: Made randall if you and Phil would have gotten a bar fight with your your rival team.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, nearly nearly came to blows had you not pulled it out in the end.
Speaker 2: Does it give you some confidence in coming into trivia?
Speaker 8: No, not at all, No, not at all.
Speaker 6: I uh yeah, I saw a comment this morning said Ben Randalls beIN just sucking.
Speaker 5: Wow, But it did.
Speaker 8: I do have a little extra pap in my step today.
Speaker 5: Although scer Spencer was telling us that on trivia days you actually have a hard time accomplishing your other work, trying to get before the game. Oh is that true?
Speaker 8: Not really?
Speaker 5: I mean I okay, So.
Speaker 3: Why do you sit by yourself in your vehicle.
Speaker 6: Day listening to my tapes, myself help tapes.
Speaker 2: It's more productive?
Speaker 6: No, it's just just a real, a real treasure to be able to play with you guys every week. So I'd look forward to it. If anything, I'm distracted by the by the excitement.
Speaker 2: Well done test victory for you and Phil.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so that's probably not going to make it on TV.
Speaker 8: It's not gonna make the twenty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's not be presumptuous here.
Speaker 8: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: The Shelby into Extra today is a four to our winner should get eight correct answers, and with that we're onto the game of trivia played the drop pill.
Speaker 1: Look, I need to know what I stand to win everything?
Speaker 8: How's that just tend to win?
Speaker 11: Game on suckers?
Speaker 2: How many roadies did that? Fifty dollars get you.
Speaker 4: Eight?
Speaker 2: Eight?
Speaker 5: Couch?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 8: For next time?
Speaker 2: Question one, the topic is natural history, and this will be multiple choice. In what city is the Field Museum of Natural History? Is it Chicago, San Francisco, El Paso or Boston.
Speaker 3: I can't believe this is a multiple choicer.
Speaker 2: In what city is the Field Museum of Natural History? Chicago, San Francisco, El Paso, Boston. Brody's still thinking about it, Brody, do you have this one right?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I'll go find out.
Speaker 2: In what city is the Field Museum of Natural History? Chicago, San Francisco, El Paso or Boston.
Speaker 7: Why pick it on me already?
Speaker 2: Well, Cal declared it was easy, and you were the one still thinking. That is why I asked, is everybody ready go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Tate saying San Francisco, Giannis and Randall, and the Logan and Alyssa and Cal and Brody saying Chicago. They got it. The correct answer is Chicago.
Speaker 3: So only one person in the room got it wrong.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: If you look, you can see it. I'd wiped off Chicago.
Speaker 2: Col got in your head. The Field Museum is one of the largest natural history museums in the world. It sits on the shore of Lake Michigan and gets over two million visitors each year. They have forty million specimens and artifacts in their collection and are known for their library of two hundred and seventy five thousand books on the subjects of biology, ecology, geology, and archaeology. Logan, how many field trips did you take there as a kid?
Speaker 11: You know, I don't remember exactly. We went to the Museum of Science and Industry this last holiday break and that was awesome. MSI yeah, I think like as a kid I don't remember how much like reading was involved in museums, and I was like, wow, you have to like read a lot when you're at museums.
Speaker 2: Who will spended the.
Speaker 8: Field unless you go to them in foreign countries where we don't speak the language.
Speaker 2: Yanni and cow Ben in the field? How about n random?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay? Any highlights to share from your field museum trip?
Speaker 4: Wanabo there the hope diamond was there when I was there.
Speaker 6: They have a large I think it's a bronchiasaurus on display at the O'Hare Airport, and a little field museum gift stand as well, So.
Speaker 4: I mean it is well, well, yeah, yeah, it's awesome.
Speaker 2: Question two. The topic is hunting. Knine infectious respiratory disease complex, which is a highly contagious illness for dogs, is more commonly known by this name. Canine infectious respiratory disease complex, which is a highly contagious illness for dogs, is more commonly known by this name. Brody and Randall quick to answer, you're with a blank whiteboard.
Speaker 8: You spent some money at the vet in your day?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, funded that vet recently?
Speaker 5: All, just recently?
Speaker 3: Do you do another rounded?
Speaker 5: No? No, no, okay, yeah from last winter.
Speaker 2: Canine infectious respiratory disease complex, which is a highly contagious illness for dogs, is more commonly known by this name.
Speaker 7: Weren't you gonna double the number your pack? Honest, you're gonna get another one?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a work in progress.
Speaker 2: Yeah, waiting for the right one to come along.
Speaker 5: No, just waiting for the aok from the leader of our home pack.
Speaker 2: You know, okay, very good.
Speaker 4: Are you like looking for something a little smaller, takes up a little less space?
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, half half size of my horse who thinks he's a dog, or.
Speaker 5: Maybe the other way around.
Speaker 2: Still waiting on, Yanni.
Speaker 5: Everybody else has an answer?
Speaker 2: An answers have an answer?
Speaker 12: Oh man, come on, just give me one dog sickness. That's all I need is one doggie.
Speaker 2: Canine infectious respiratory disease complex, which is a highly contagious illness for dogs. It's more commonly known by this name. He's coming up with his answer. Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have hate saying. Corona says Curdy, Surdy, Randall says kennel cough logan barking cough, Alyssa parvo kel kennel cough, Brody kennel cough. The correct answer is kennel cough. I think we had three or four or players. Get that one right. Kennel cough affects more than five million dogs each year. As the name suggests, dogs are most at risk when they're around a lot of other dogs at kennel's shelters and daycares. Classic symptoms include runny nose, sneezing, and frequent coughing that's been described as honking and gagging. Typically, dogs fully recover within a week. Who has experienced with kennel cough? Been here and you didn't get it? Right? How bad was it, Brody? When kennel cough wasn't bad?
Speaker 4: A lot of noise if you're around dog gets it bad. I mean it sounds horrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it sounds horrible.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: The worst part about it was when Rosie got kennel cough. We were living in a camper. Oh you didn't get away from the noise.
Speaker 2: Did you have your whole pack at that time?
Speaker 8: Just two?
Speaker 2: Okay, but both of them get it.
Speaker 6: No, just Rosie got it. I don't think Arlow got it, but yeah he was. He was not a camper sized dog.
Speaker 1: So can we double check if canine corona is not also.
Speaker 2: Kennel cough? Question three, The topic is conservation. This next great question is via Tim Finnegan. This type of AI has been used to save imperiled species such as white rhinos and wood bison. Our room is stumped. Question three. This type of AI has been used to save imperiled species such as white rhinos and wood bison. The topic is conservation. We have seven blank whiteboards in the room, Brody and Randall now coming up with an answer.
Speaker 6: I thought this was the one place where I'd be safe from any discussion of AI, which seems to have permeated all today discourse.
Speaker 2: The topic is conservation. This type of AI has been used to save imperiled species such as white rhinos and wood bison.
Speaker 4: So are you suggesting that the AI is the thing that saved these species?
Speaker 3: Because these species.
Speaker 4: Woods by some typically mm hm like they would have been long Dad, It's.
Speaker 2: Been a tool that helped save these imperiled species. This type of AI has been used to save imperiled species such as white rhinos and wood bison. Does anyone like their answer? Okay, is the only player I like mine.
Speaker 6: Okay, if this AI is a Labrador retriever, do you need a dog?
Speaker 2: I'm not going to give any further hints. Everything you need is right there.
Speaker 12: I know for a fact that this type of AI has been used to save the white rhino. So if this is wrong, we're gonna take last night never happened bar fight and make it happen.
Speaker 3: You have to name the AI.
Speaker 2: This type of AI has been used to save piled species.
Speaker 5: So proud of.
Speaker 8: Philis is a problematic question.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying anything.
Speaker 8: That is that bug.
Speaker 9: Ice, cold and refreshing.
Speaker 2: Thank you, be honest, very satisfying, good big smile and a lot of giggling over there. This type of AI has been used to saving periled species such as white rhinos and wood bison. Do our other players give up?
Speaker 3: I am officially giving up.
Speaker 11: It's just like a type of AI or a company.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and reveal your answer. Uh, we have tate Without an answer, Yanna says an artificial insemination. Randall says genetic modeling, logan generative AI alyssa chat GPT cow chat GPT Brody without an answer, Yann has got it. The correct answer is artificial AI.
Speaker 6: I would have added quotation marks, that's a dirty.
Speaker 2: Artificial insemination has been used on everything from pandas to killer whales to blackfooted ferrets. The first AI with a wild animal was a wolf in nineteen seventy three. Besides increasing populations, it's a tool to help create more genetic diversity. Before mm hmm, I have.
Speaker 5: Well, where did you get that opportunity?
Speaker 10: My buddy, Buddy's uncle rand a dairy farm one days, like.
Speaker 3: At the end of the day, elbow deep.
Speaker 2: That's right. It worked on a farm cow we'd prag check the cows and they would call it AI. They didn't say our. They got time for that quotation marks. This type of AI. As the honest was saying, the white rhino, I believe it's it's the northern herd that's got to left, and they stuck one of those in a southern herd white rhino. So it may be what saves those question for the topic is wild.
Speaker 5: I knew it was a dirty question, but I didn't want to say. I felt good job.
Speaker 3: It just looped up that.
Speaker 2: Audubon calls this song bird the quote master mimic thanks to its ability to imitate hundreds of bird songs and calls. Again. This is question four. Audubon calls this song bird the Master thanks to its ability to imitate hundreds of bird songs and calls.
Speaker 1: I mean to about you guys on my trivia show.
Speaker 10: I think that's the first time that you've legitimately pulled a dirty trick on It's a type of aid.
Speaker 2: No, I thought half of you would get it. You think I thought you would have. I thought you'd have the honest reaction where you'd giggle.
Speaker 3: Question.
Speaker 6: If that were a crossword clue published in the New York Times, it would have had.
Speaker 8: Quotation marks around it.
Speaker 2: They might steal this from us, and we'll see what.
Speaker 5: We would love to join your trivia show.
Speaker 2: The Master mimic thanks to its ability to imitate hundreds of bird songs and calls.
Speaker 4: I ran around and talked to a bunch of people at the Gambler, and you know, I'd be like, oh, cool, car, tell me about it, and then they really start telling me about it, and I was just like, oh, knew nothing nothing about.
Speaker 5: Like listening to Spencer and Randall talk n b A.
Speaker 4: Right exactly, Yeah, just kind of got a nod and wait for it to finish.
Speaker 2: It's everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Tate saying mocking bird, Randall parakeet, Logan mocking bird, A Lissa mockingbird, cal mocking j Brody mocking bird. The correct answer is the mocking bird. What do you think we do about col he did the fictitious These are in the Hunger Games. That is a mocking it. It's the mocking jay, is not. That's a that's a Hunger Games bird.
Speaker 3: Because I watch a lot of Hunger Games.
Speaker 2: You got that answer from somewhere and it's not real life.
Speaker 7: Is it mocking bird in the family.
Speaker 8: It must have been a into your brain somehow.
Speaker 3: I know somebody loved it up and shoved it in there.
Speaker 2: Well, the Google AI says, no, a mocking bird and a mocking j are not the same thing. A mocking bird is a real bird, while a mocking j is a fictional hybrid bird from the Hunter game. Just just for argument's sake, mocking j's are a result of a genetic back on between a mockingbird and a jabber j. Mocking you would have taken well, you didn't.
Speaker 3: This would have been an acceptable answer.
Speaker 5: They should also know that The Stellar's Jake also has a whole bunch of different.
Speaker 2: They're not the master mimic, and they don't imitate hundreds of birds, songs and calls. I think specifically talks.
Speaker 13: The book was called Mocking j con.
Speaker 2: Mocking bird is the state bird of Arkansas, Florida, Mississippi, Tennessee, Texas, and formerly South Carolina. It's thought they mimic other birds to claim territory and attract mates. Studies have found that they most often imitate cardinal bluebirds and wrens, and never imitate doves or sparrows. Question five. The topic is fishing. This is our listener question of the week, which was won by Dustin Fair for sending this great question. Dustin is going to get a board game signed by the crew. If you want a chance to win our listener Question of the Week, then send your question to Trivia at the medeater dot com. This brand says they quote sparked the modern ice fishing revolution with the introduction of the FL eight flasher in nineteen eighty nine. They This brand says they sparked the modern ice fishing revolution with the introduction of the FL eight flasher in nineteen eighty nine. We have a stumped room again, be honesty, you have this one right.
Speaker 5: I know the name of one company, okay, that makes these flashers, Okay, and I've written it down.
Speaker 2: This brand says they started the modern ice fishing revolution with the introduction I feel an L eight flasher in nineteen eighty nine.
Speaker 1: I only know one fishing brand, so it's pretty yet that one.
Speaker 5: There we go, go with your gut.
Speaker 2: Cal Do you have this one right?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: I mean it's kind of the same way tape picked.
Speaker 2: This brand says they sparked the modern ice fishing revolution with the introduction of the FL eight flasher in nineteen eighty nine. This is question five, So we'll get a scoreboard update from Phil after this. Brody, how you doing over here?
Speaker 3: Not good?
Speaker 7: I'm just trying to like picture a flasher in my head.
Speaker 2: It's like not working out. Like no words, You don't think you owned one of these?
Speaker 7: No, I've never had a flasher. I just used like a fishbinder that also has a flasher on the screen.
Speaker 4: Do you think you would be more successful if you showed up at eight thirty in the morning and sat in your vehicle drinking coffee and just really thought about it until game time.
Speaker 2: Might come to me.
Speaker 7: Listen, it smells like someone's been drinking coffee all day in here.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 2: Right now. If I show up in the studio right after someone else got done recording, the microphone will often smell like coffee. So that happened again today. Brody answer Rand do you give up? Yeah, go ahead and reveal.
Speaker 9: What's that say?
Speaker 2: Jannis says vex lar Randall without an answer. Logan says garment alyssa without an answer, Cal says hummingbird. Brody says low rinse. The correct answer is vex laar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good job.
Speaker 2: The three color f L eight took the market by storm with its rechargeable battery and unique carrying case. They say this was the first sonar system that directly targeted ice fishermen. It also gave birth to the next generation of Vexler flashers, such as the f L E teen and f L eight s L T.
Speaker 4: We could only get two colors up here in Montana behind all.
Speaker 2: Right, Phil, give us a scoreboard update. Halfway through the game.
Speaker 9: Everyone's on the board, but at halftime, no one is in line with the Shelby index. We've got tint with one and then Randall, Logan, Alyssa, and Cal all have two points apiece and tied up in the first place. There, Giannis Ptelis and Brodie Henderson.
Speaker 2: Game.
Speaker 6: You should check out Molly Brown Trivia. Okay, they run, they run a tight ship there. It's good, good math.
Speaker 4: You guys were coming up like bonus points and worth double and it's not that sounds terrible, not that hard sounds not that hard.
Speaker 1: I still want you to use that artificial inseminator machine to tell me if Cana and Corona and Kennel call for the same.
Speaker 2: Okay, I will google that after this next question. Question six, the topic is woodsmanship. The blank Field Guides, which help Layman identify birds, insects, plants, and mushrooms, published their first book in nineteen thirty four. The blank Field Guides, which help layman identify birds, insects, plants, and mushrooms, published their first book in nineteen thirty four.
Speaker 7: Man jumped into my head. But now I'm second guess to myself that.
Speaker 11: Was happening in the last question, and Spencer kept repeating the questions.
Speaker 2: Like goddamn it, you're stop talking.
Speaker 3: Maybe it'll come to.
Speaker 7: Me I'm gonna leave it.
Speaker 5: I think.
Speaker 7: You got a handful of these things on the bookshelf at home.
Speaker 5: I know, but I also have the other one right? Which one is older?
Speaker 2: The blank Field Guides, which help layman identify birds, insects, plants, and mushrooms, to their first book in nineteen thirty four. It does not look like canine corona is the same as kennel cough. Does anyone feel good about their answer for this one?
Speaker 5: I feel good, but I yeah, but I feel Do we get an index on this bad boy?
Speaker 2: It's a four, so I cannot. Some of you may lose to Shelby this week. The Blankfield Guides, which help layman identify birds, insects, plants, and mushrooms, published their first book in nineteen thirty four.
Speaker 1: I could definitely use when I am a layman, you.
Speaker 10: Know, Spencer, I was wondering earlier if you're ever gonna get big enough to get yourself a real time fact checker so you don't.
Speaker 8: Have to do it.
Speaker 2: I wish I had one that would be convenient. Do you think some of these are wrong or what? Oh?
Speaker 5: I don't think you care that much.
Speaker 2: I care too much. I work myself into a pretzel sometimes. The Blackfield Guides, which help Blaman identify birds, insects, plants, and mushrooms, published their first book in nineteen thirty four. Of a lot of folks reach out and ask how to get into foraging mushrooms or rock counting. These field Guides are a great way to start.
Speaker 12: Oh, yeah, I have two answers, and I don't know which one.
Speaker 2: It's everybody ready, Do you have one picked? Yeah? Yeah, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Tate saying farmers, Giannis says Sibley, you doner without an answer, Logan says my cologists, Alyssa says blue cal without an answer, and Brody says.
Speaker 5: Peterson's nobody other answer.
Speaker 2: So what was your other answer? The correct answer is Peterson.
Speaker 5: Got that one right.
Speaker 2: The first book was The Field Guide to Birds, which has been followed up by fifty more books since then. Some volumes cover niche subjects, such as A Field Guide to Eastern Butterflies, while others are broad, such as a Field Guide to the Stars and Planets. These books can be a great time casel, with A Field Guide to Freshwater Fish adding one hundred and fourteen Previously unrecognized species. Between the first and second edition.
Speaker 6: The only thing I could think of was Audubon, and based on the last question referencing Audubon, I didn't think that was the worthwhile I answered, write down the Peterson Field Guide.
Speaker 3: Four in a row for old Randy.
Speaker 7: Oh boy, but last night was fun, wasn't it, Randy?
Speaker 5: I'm still enjoying it.
Speaker 2: Actually, man, is the Peterson Field Guide? What you have at home? Bro? For what topic?
Speaker 7: We have?
Speaker 3: Birds?
Speaker 10: We have I think we have a fish one like a saltwater fish one maybe good books.
Speaker 2: Question seven, the topic is cooking. This next great question is via Michael Fletcher. This is the world's largest burrowing clam which has a foul name, and foul is fo w l For the folks who are listening instead of watching quotation marks. This is the world's large burrowing clam, which has a foul name. Now, if I had quotation marks on AI, I don't know that it would have helped any of you. Randall, do you think that you would have been like, oh, it's artificial.
Speaker 6: Because I would have known that it wasn't a I wouldn't known that you're not looking for a type of artificial intelligence.
Speaker 3: But he's a crosswords math.
Speaker 2: This is the word also a doctor. Well, it fooled all of us, so don't.
Speaker 8: Do a lot of you can find at Randall.
Speaker 3: No what I'm puting.
Speaker 4: I'm saying that that being in quotation marks doesn't mean the same thing to somebody who's not a crosswords.
Speaker 6: Well anything in quotation marks. It's practically saying like so called AI. It's it's to imply that it's not actually what you're talking.
Speaker 3: To somebody who's insist.
Speaker 6: I think anybody like if I wrote, if I wrote in a text to you, Spencer is the real expert trivia host that put expert quotation marks you to understand the application.
Speaker 5: I would.
Speaker 4: I would have been like somebody once called Spencer an expert.
Speaker 2: That's a quote real Einstein. All right, this is the world's largest burrowing clam, whichance a foul.
Speaker 9: Name speaking of uh being looped up and elbow deep. I watched my step dad get one of these in the Sale Islands. He was fighting it for about thirty minutes.
Speaker 5: Hints film tip.
Speaker 2: Well, uh yeah, since Phil has said it now Tate being from Horgan, this is basically a bone was filled.
Speaker 4: The guy who came out of the bathroom in your story covered over an answer.
Speaker 8: Jill did come out of the bathroom a lot.
Speaker 9: Whoa, I've got a tiny bladder.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's a problem.
Speaker 3: No, I wouldn't want to bring that up.
Speaker 2: A laugh, A laugh the camera.
Speaker 9: Actually, oh yeah, hold on.
Speaker 2: We've got a lot of problems here again.
Speaker 1: Can I use phonetic spelling on this or.
Speaker 2: Spelling does not count unless you put instead Another hint, this is the world's largest burrowing clam m which has a foul name.
Speaker 8: O w L.
Speaker 7: I just watch.
Speaker 1: M H.
Speaker 2: Got a lot of confident players, but not Yanni this time. Who I think is leading?
Speaker 8: He's got he's got a Yeah, Brody is a one lead.
Speaker 5: With the Peterson's field. I do, yes, it's.
Speaker 8: Really but Brody's doing a lot of eracing too well.
Speaker 10: I figured there's no reason to complicate things.
Speaker 2: Everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Tate saying gooey duck, Jannie duck, Randall gooey duck, logan foul clam alyssa clucker cal and Brody saying gooey duck. That's the correct answer, gooey duck, and it's spelled the g e O duck g e O d k.
Speaker 8: I got both the phonetic at it right.
Speaker 7: That's great to point out that cow said goeye duck.
Speaker 2: These animals are also known as elephant clams and king clams. They can weigh several pounds and live for one hundred and fifty years. They cost about thirty dollars per pound and are said to taste slightly sweet and briny. Gooey ducks are often eating raw as sashimi or savice, or cooked in a stir fry or hot pot. Who's eating guy ducks?
Speaker 3: You go after those things?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Never, I think steamers and now yeah, we claim a little bit, not gooey duck.
Speaker 2: So Randall thinks he's eating.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean Sydney's from the Pacific Northwest. She's a big fan of clams and other shellfish.
Speaker 2: How is that guey duck? Maybe cooked? I don't remember, Okay.
Speaker 4: Way back when, when I was working in that part of the country, I call them geo ducks. And that's a good way to get yourself ostracized in a barn.
Speaker 6: The only reason, Jack, the only reason I remember it's because it was used in front of me and I had no idea.
Speaker 2: What it was like.
Speaker 6: I was twenty six years old as an ohioman, and I just had never heard of a guy duck guy.
Speaker 5: This is a strong case for a half point.
Speaker 2: Now a zero point answer question height. The topic is conservation. These treaties, which were signed in Switzerland in nineteen forty nine make it a war crime to destroy another country's dam.
Speaker 5: Well, here's a bone for the old history doctor I was about.
Speaker 6: I was about to point out earlier that we we haven't gotten any good history questions in a while.
Speaker 2: Oh, well, this is a conservation question. Technically, these treaties, which were signed in Switzerland in nineteen forty nine, make it a war crime to destroy another country's dam. Also, the first question day was about a natural history museum.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's not history though the best his I liked that question though, Okay, I like it, Like this one questions about flashers. Actually, there's someone in the chat today on the on the live stream.
Speaker 8: I said, you said, Randal.
Speaker 6: As soon as you answer a question about birds correctly, I'll become.
Speaker 2: A randomal Is that your weakness?
Speaker 8: Well, clearly the mocking bird.
Speaker 2: Huh. These treaties which were signed in Switzerland in nineteen forty nine, make it a war crime to destroy another country's dam. This is question eight. We'll get another scoreboard update and fill the engineer after this randal. Very confident Tait that you have this one right.
Speaker 1: I believe I didn't.
Speaker 2: Okay, how about you, Brody, I think I got a chance. These treaties, which were signed in Switzerland in nineteen forty nine, make it a war crime to destroy another country's dam. Is everybody ready? Be honest? Sure, go ahead and reveal your answers. Saying Geneva Convention, Giannis says, Paris Randall, Geneva Convention, Logan, Geneva Treaties, Alyssa without an answer, cal versally Brody, Geneva Conventions. The correct answer is Geneva Conventions. Will give it to you Logan for having Geneva. The Geneva Conventions are international laws that established legal standards for humanitarian treatment in war. According to article fifty six of Additional Protocol, IE, militaries aren't allowed to attack dams and dykes if there's a chance they'll release dangerous forces onto civilians. The most deadly single active war ever involved a levy that was destroyed on the Yellow River in China during World War Two, which caused nearly a million people to die. Phil let's get a scoreboard update with two questions to go.
Speaker 3: Ah, it's bad, Oh we are geez?
Speaker 5: I got a single question the last update, rand cut right to the chase.
Speaker 9: Brody is ahead with six pointints and in second place is Randall Williams with four. Brody's got a pretty solid shot, but we'll see.
Speaker 2: If he chokes in Brody gets questioned nine correct, he will have.
Speaker 8: To secure doctor. Do you have good ones there?
Speaker 2: Question nine? The topic is fishing oh.
Speaker 5: Textbook.
Speaker 2: Hardy and Fenwick were the first brands to use this eight letter material for phishing rods. Hardy and Fenwick were the first brands to use this eight letter material.
Speaker 5: We're fishing rods.
Speaker 2: They next re marker found one.
Speaker 5: Again.
Speaker 2: This is question nine. If Brody gets this right, the game will be.
Speaker 3: Over too many letters.
Speaker 2: It's too many letters, Brody, Brody, do you have this one right? Hardy and Fenwick were the first brands to use this eight letter material fishing rods? You honest, you have this one right? I believe so off back half of the game, very very tough.
Speaker 5: I said it before. I need you know the universe to align in your head and for those questions should be right up my alley to pull out the dub Randall.
Speaker 2: Do you have this one?
Speaker 8: Right? I do?
Speaker 2: I am so embarrassed eight letter material.
Speaker 6: I'd be more embarrassed by Spencer's pronunciation of Versailles.
Speaker 3: That was embarrassed.
Speaker 2: I get nervous. I get nervous when I see whiteboard.
Speaker 6: You could have at least gone with the Versailles, which is the.
Speaker 3: Treaty, the famous one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. Hardy and As were the first brands to use this eight letter material.
Speaker 5: The last minute change.
Speaker 2: Okay, eight letter word.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's one way to go.
Speaker 2: Is everybody ready? Logan? It's not right, but yeah, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Tate saying bamboo, Giannis says graphite, Randall graphite, Logan plastics, Alyssa, aluminum, cal and Brody say graphite. They got it. The correct answer is graphight. Hardy and Fenwick started making graphite fishing rods in the late nineteen sixties and early nineteen seventies. The early models cost as much as one hundred and fifty dollars, which would be over one thousand dollars today. Graph Fight rods excel when it comes to being lightweight and sensitive, but are also some of the easiest to break. All right, here's a correct answer. Review so far one was Chicago two Kennelkough three Artificial Insemination, four, Mockingbird, five Vexlar, six Peterson seven Gooey Duck, eight Geneva Conventions, and nine Graphight. Brody has secured to the victory. We'll see if he can get the Shelby Index with the tenth and final question, the topic is hunting. This next great question is via Ryan Lufty, who faxed me this question.
Speaker 13: Nice sent me a fax here or at your house, because it's a fact that comes in via email, which we've learned is an amish way.
Speaker 2: To communicate with the show Nice. All right, what does PRC stand for when referring to six five p r C, seven PRC and three hundred PRC? Again, the topic is hunting. What does PRC stand for when referring to the six point five p r C, seven PRC and three hundred PRC.
Speaker 5: Now that's a question.
Speaker 2: Randall's got some confidence. He's uh had a strong second half of the game, but couldn't catch up uh huh.
Speaker 8: He's got anywhere to go?
Speaker 2: Brodie, you have this one right.
Speaker 5: In my head.
Speaker 7: I do, but I could.
Speaker 5: We got plenty of beers to do another round.
Speaker 2: We're going to share the seventh and eighth one that Randall brought with. There's only one that's okay, you could pass it around.
Speaker 6: I tried to get to fill earlier surreptitiously, but he declined, So anybody need a refill?
Speaker 2: What does p r C stand for when referring to the six five p r C, seven PRC and three hundred pr C? Do you own any of these guns? Randall? I do not, Okay, I did not. M Do you know much about the PRC family?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 8: I sure do, wonderful.
Speaker 7: I like that sixty five PRC.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 8: I'd love to get one of those.
Speaker 2: Everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Tate saying precision rifle cartridge, Giannis Oh, Randall, and Logan with the same answer. Alyssa says precision round caliber, cal says pretty round what's that say?
Speaker 5: Cake case?
Speaker 2: Pretty round case? And Brody says precision rebated cartridge. The correct answer is the precision rifle cartridge. We had four of our players get that one right, Brody did not, But it doesn't Matter's confusion with PMM, Well that's Hornity introduced the six' FIVE prc in twenty, seventeen three HUNDRED prc and twenty eighteen and SEVEN prc in twenty twenty. Two what these cartridges have in common are sharp shoulders and minimum body. Tapers THE prc series was designed for long range shots at the range and in the. Field tell me more about THE, Prc, Randall.
Speaker 6: WELL i mean they're they're optimized to shoot the heavy for caliber projectiles that are so popular today among precision rifle.
Speaker 8: Shooters so like the three.
Speaker 6: HUNDRED prc is really designed around the two twenty five E l D M and uh, YEAH i mean you look at like a cartridge like the three hundred wind.
Speaker 8: Mag THE prc has got a little more.
Speaker 6: Ass but if you look at just sort of a factory three hundred wind, mag it's not throated, properly and the barrel twist oftentimes isn't enough to get the real high heavy heavyweight projectiles spinning at a proper.
Speaker 2: Rate And, randall an ASPIRING prc, Owner, yeah all, Right brody's our winner with seven correct Answers brody waiting you to do with that five hundred.
Speaker 7: Dollars i'm assuming you guys could use a few.
Speaker 5: Bucks, yeah, always there we.
Speaker 1: Go we'd love. It we put get some tires and trashing the.
Speaker 2: Dumpstairs, yeah, SUN i imagine getting rid of all that garbage is not. Cheap how do you pull that? Off, well we have a lot of good.
Speaker 1: Partners The Bronco wild Fund Ford Motor company comes in and they give a a large chunk of year to do app development and then throw away trash that we've had one year with thirty five thousand dollars to get rid of all the. Trash we clicked it Going, wow it was.
Speaker 4: Bonkers we participated in pulling this camper OFF blm and it had been totally stripped of of like scrap, metal right so no axles or wheels or. Anything and and the crew that we were, with they spent a bunch of time fabricating things specifically to get this thing off of public. Land and there's just tons of trash associated with, it and there was this big effort and then it was twenty five hundred dollars to dispose of that thing at the dump.
Speaker 1: Damn. Yeah, yeah. Yeah most the time we sit there and we tear them down. Ourselves but in that, case we didn't Have it would have taken four hours to dismantle it and. Camp it's so, big it's like thirty five feet or.
Speaker 2: Something do you folks ever find something that they want to take? Home Like i'm going to fix up THIS? Rv, yeah there was my. Camper. Yeah does it happen though.
Speaker 1: Here and? There mostly car. Parks you've got a story to.
Speaker 4: Tell, Well, yeah when we were going out and, SCAVENGING i needed the bow tie emblem for My chevy and blow and behold perfect dig through enough, stuff the bow tie emblem pops right.
Speaker 3: Up SO i took that.
Speaker 2: Home five hundred dollars going to The sons Of Smoky Outdoor Stewardship. Tate thanks for joining, Us thanks for, Playing thanks for having me join us next week for More Meat Eater, trivia the only game show where conservation always.
Speaker 5: Wins Thanks, Spencer, Spencer thank.
Speaker 3: You, Yeah spencer From South.
Speaker 1: Dakota he's the, host using those smooth mellow.
Speaker 8: Tones he lays them questions.
Speaker 3: Down he likes taking those two and three year old. Bucks it is an avid amateur
Speaker 8: Lockw