Speaker 1: Charge.
Speaker 2: It's gonna go for an unfortunate too, and it's Lance probably on top touchdown brought in by Will Dishway.
Speaker 3: He had two last year and the eighth.
Speaker 4: Year chin End out of Washington puts the Chargers on the board with the years first school.
Speaker 5: Welcome to NFL Daily, where we know we're just big football dorc because we're feeling warm and fuzzy inside here in Mike Tarrico call an American football.
Speaker 1: Game in July.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was a touchdown by Trey Lance. I gotta say this was one of the best Hall of Fame games of all time. There were actually a few little takeaways from it, but it was just nice to see a couple names we recognized with Trey Lance with a rookie Isaac Daslau. I'll get to a couple takeaways, but it's not gonna be much coming from the Hall of Fame game. We're gonna have a big conversation, really our first big primer to get you ready for fantasy football drafts, to start thinking about what your strategy is going to be, what to do at different positions, who you're looking for that has a good value. That's all coming up with Evan Silva and Pat Dherty. So that is an awesome conversation. First, I'm going to hit very quick few items of news and the Hall of Fame game, and then we'll talk a little fantasy since we tape the fantasy segment. Terry McLaurin decided he wants out of Washington. Whether this is a decision that is just driven to get a bigger contract, obviously, that's a big part of it. Ian Rappaport of NFL Network points out that you know it's a long shot. Usually you don't see a team that's trying to contend make a trade at this time of the season. But Terry McLaurin, who's been there forever, felt like he had no other card to play and it would be crazy for them to trade him.
Speaker 1: But I will say the old Washington regime.
Speaker 5: Like they would do something stupid like that, and this is a good test of the new ownership what the difference is going to be. And I will say other teams tame can make it uncomfortable for both Terry McLaurin and his agent and the commanders, because there are absolutely teams out there that will let him know if he doesn't already how valuable he would be if Washington opened up for a potential trade. So I'm looking at teams with a lot of cap space and a lot of desperation and a big time need, and immediately I think of the New England Patriots. Immediately I think of the Las Vegas Raiders. I think those are two teams that could fit Terry McLaurin into their books, and he would fit great on the roster and they would absolutely do it. I watching the game tonight, I thought, man Terry McLaurin on the other side of Lad McConkie, that would be incredible. The Chargers have a ton of cap space. And then you think about connections between teams, and you think about the former general manager, or rather assistant general manager of the forty nine Ers is now running the Commanders.
Speaker 1: That is a deal that could happen.
Speaker 5: We already saw the Deebo Samuel in terms of the team connection there, maybe something could get done. The reality is Washington needs to pay Terry McLaurin. It falls like a cliff after him, not just that receiver, but just for receivers in general. It is not a talented enough group for Jane Daniels to throw to. Terry mclaurin's been one of the ten best receivers in the league for a long time and he's held that organization up and I'm sure he wants to get paid close to top dollar and they're trying to save a little money on a guy that's getting older, and he's putting the screws to them. And ultimately I think that contract will get done, but other teams could make it interesting. I think they would offer a very good pick for Terry McLaurin, and certainly would offer a better contract than I bet Washington is offering right now. A couple other just little items of news to get through before we get to the fantasy, get to the Hall of Fame. Colton Miller, the left tackle, the Raiders signed a big contract extension with them forty two million dollars guaranteed, very similar to the deal that the Colts got done just a couple of days ago for a very good, maybe not top eight tackle, but a very good tackle on Colton Miller won less position for the Raiders to worry about when they have a lot of positions to worry about going into twenty six. In twenty seven, he'll be around Noah Fan who did a rare late free agency tour chose the Bengals.
Speaker 1: I think that was a smart decision. Joe Burrow plays for.
Speaker 5: The Bengals, even if he's gonna be behind Mike Gasicki at tight end. That was the best situation that he could put himself into compared to the Saints and the Dolphins. So I think that rounds out the Bengals receiver group, which is really really talented. We hadn't mentioned on the show the worst news for Cater Kohu, who was the Dolphin's best cornerback on the team. I know he was the slot, but he was the best cornerback on the team. He is out for the season. So I've been talking about how I do not trust that secondary at all, and they look even worse after some injuries in training camp. And then just an update on Isaiah Likely, the Ravens tight end. We thought he was just going to be out for a couple of weeks, but he will have surgery on his foot and be out at least six weeks, so seems like he's questionable ish for that Week one game against the Bills. Man, the NFL is really front loading those great games. So we got Ravens Bills on the first Sunday night football of the year. And by the way, happy trails to rugby star Luis Reese Zammitt, who I know a lot of our listeners were really excited, one of the biggest rugby stars in the world. And he came over to try his hand at football, and he was with the Chiefs and then the Jaguars didn't work out for him.
Speaker 1: He decides, I'm done with the NFL.
Speaker 5: I'm going back to the sport where I'm apparently one of the best young talents in the entire world twenty four years old. Didn't work at football. And you know, I mentioned that Ravens Bills game. That's the first Sunday night game of the year. And I do think NBC does its absolute best work during the Hall of Fame game, because you feel like it's a super They do such a good job with the production and the presentation. And meanwhile, it's Tendon Hooker and Trey Lance playing at a high school field in Ohio, and it got me really pumped up in a way that most of the preseason probably won't. We'll be covering it all but It was really great to just see football played again. It was great to see a first round pick in this game. The Chargers did have their starters out there very briefly, at least a few of them, certainly not at quarterback where Trey Lance started, but a few other ones Omari and Hampton got out there. Had one absolutely electric run in the red zone where you saw the speed and a little more shiftiness than you're used to getting down near the goal line. And then you saw another run where he got out in the open field and man, you thought that he was gonna score a touchdown and instead he got a little hesitanting He didn't always make guys miss that well in the open field on tape, and rock Ya Sin takes him down. So in terms of first rounders, that's all we really saw tonight. The takeaways were that Trey Lance looked comfortable for the first time, maybe ever in an NFL uniform. He is battling for that backup job with the Charger, so he will play a lot in this preseason, but right now you got to figure he is behind Taylor Heineke in that battle. But I saw something on Blue Sky which I agreed with Victoria Zeller, who is a good follow said, you just never saw Trey Lance look this normal, So it was nice to see Trey Lance just like look normal. Yeah, he's younger than Tyler Shuck. He's actually a little younger than Michael Pennix. Maybe he can settle in and just be like a normal backup and have a career, which would be an improvement from what we've seen from him so far. I mentioned Isaac Taslaw earlier, so that was the third round pick from Detroit who is just an absolute speed heightweight freak. Also has great hands, and he had two twenty yard plus catches from Kyle al And in the first half of that game, and man, you could see at the second he got the ball, the juice that he had immediately with a burst made you think, man, we will probably see him as a fourth or fifth receiver make a couple big plays for the.
Speaker 1: Lions this season.
Speaker 5: Not as consistent a night for the other rookie on the Lions that they really like, seventh round pick Dominic Lovett, who didn't bring down a catch early in the game, but then he made some nice scrabs the rest of the way. I think both of those guys are going to make the team, and they might be really good leverage for the Lions in contract negotiations, not having to give Jamison Williams that much money. If they really like these young guys, you can only pay so many people. That's about it in terms of my real deal takeaways. Both the options for the Lions for backup quarterbacks had bad moments. Kyle Allen threw a pick six Kyle Allen through another interception. He actually looked pretty good otherwise, and he started before Hendon Hooker, who came in the third round pick from a couple of years ago. They've been trying to talk up Hendon Hooker all offseason, and he did not look comfortable in this game. I know the pick six he threw at the end of the game was more bad luck. It was an interception where the Chargers defender just ripped the ball away, but otherwise Hendon Hooker did not look comfortable. Then again, he's playing with a bunch of second, third, fourth stringers, a lot of guys who won't be actually on rosters on Sundays in the fall. But it was very cool to have football back on my television and very cool to have my friends Silva and Roto Pat join me. Here is our big preview for fantasy football for twenty twenty five. All right, I am thrilled to be here with two of my absolute favorites in the industry too. Who I used to be down in the mills just pounding out those ROATA world player urbs with Evan Silva and Pat Doherty. Of course, Evan Silva now with established the run and Roto Pat, you're still keeping the lights on over at road a world.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been told I can never leave, so after you two left, unbeknownst to me, I didn't even know I had a contract.
Speaker 5: I signed a lifetime and looking at Silva if you're watching on YouTube, he is like in a dark dungeon. Silva is so all about ball that he doesn't even waste time to like turn on the lights. I love that about him. My inspiration Silva for this show. I think you'll like. This was from a text from the nephew of our great friend Chris Westling.
Speaker 1: One of the coolest things you know since.
Speaker 5: Wes's death that I've got to be part of is the fantasy football life of his nephew, Mackie Westling. He Chris and Mackie. We're gonna do this this league together. Before before Chris died, he was joining the league. He was all excited. He would always get his fantasy advice from his uncle Chris, and they had a really close bond over that and then and since since then through Phil and the Westling family. You know, his his nephew now plays in a league with my kids. He freaking won it last year and broke my kid's hearts. But we're always texted, and he texted me the other day he's always in a draft early. I'm like, don't be in a draft this early. He's like, Oh, who should I draft? What should I do?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 5: I was like, I don't even know. I haven't thought about fantasy football at all. So I wanted to get it straight from you to the source. And we'll just do kind of a big picture first take, look at a lot of these fantasy positions. Uh, just trends everything, and I'll get I'll get the expertise. And this is kind of my intro session. And so let's start with with quarterbacks. Silva. I think big picture and we're talking redrafts. We're not getting into the whole best boss, you know, all that stuff, like we're talking for the average fait.
Speaker 3: You can sorcery witchcraft.
Speaker 5: Yeah no, it's all great, but and you can hit that if you want a little bit. But have you changed your strategy about drafting quarterbacks in redraft over the years?
Speaker 1: Like right this year? What is your strategy over the years?
Speaker 4: It has absolutely changed. I remember, you know, back in the day, it was all about late round quarterback, like that was the way to get value, and people would consistently overdraft quarterbacks and one of the biggest edges in fantasy became the late round quarterback. I remember you wrote an article too long time ago on wrote a world greg about drafting waiting in your draft and drafting two quarterbacks and kind of streaming them against the worst defenses. And that was a winning strategy, whereas people just assume, oh, quarterbacks is super important position. But with the explosion of passing, then you could get quarterbacks that were top ten, even top eight, top five really late in drafts. That has changed though, and that is with the advent of the quarterbacks that run in addition to put up putting up prolific passing statistics, and the best two examples of that right now are Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen, and then Jaden Daniels also is potentially capable that he was not a prolific passer last timer. He was hyper efficient, but in terms of his overall numbers, but he ran for almost a thousand yards. And then Jalen Hurts with the tush push which is not going away, and he can be good as a passer and incredibly productive from a rushing touchdown standpoint. So and those guys deserve to go early. I mean, Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen should not get out of the third round, I don't think. And Jalen Hurts is like a fourth fifth round pick, as is Jaden Daniels, and then Joe Burrow belongs in like the sixth and seventh rounds.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you're talking a little bit about, you know, the average drafts, but I tell you and these kids drafts, the quarterbacks go earlier. In the basics drafts, that goes earlier. I'm looking at the ADP from fantasy pros who kind of averages a bunch of places.
Speaker 1: So I feel like that's a good one.
Speaker 5: And yeah, Lamar and Josh are going like late second round and Jayden and Jalen Hurts might be even in the third round. So if you want them like, you can get them and and it makes sense to me because to me, it's maybe the one position we're just taking them where their average draft position has been and them hitting about par or a little better the last few years has been league winners, Like I see it in these leagues.
Speaker 1: My kids do, and I do like if.
Speaker 5: You just kind of took Lamar and Josh Allen and Jalen Hurts where they were supposed to go the last few years, there's a lot of league winners there because of that. So there is something about it to me where you're comparing them to some pretty shaky running backs that are available at that spot or even the wide receivers, and to me, like I feel much better about those four specifically, like when you draft Pat, are you ending up with those guys?
Speaker 1: And what do you think?
Speaker 2: Well, first off, just real quick, let me say, in a workforce that included Greg Rosenthal, Evan Silva, and Chris Westling, I was the alpha. Was the I was the twenty four year old alpha amongst all those lumin.
Speaker 1: Areas of there, You're the funniest. You're the funniest.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for that incorrect praise, but you truly had to pinch myself who I was working with back in the day at rotor world dot Com. Evan laid it out so well, where like late round quarterback is dead, but it's just like a variation of it. I would say, now it's either early or late where you still want to avoid like the muddled middle. There is something to be said like not having a stream at quarterback too, by the way, like that's a fringe benefit of early round quarterback that some people don't point out, Like listen, dude, I'm just in my home league, Like I don't want to be grinding matchups every week, Like this is like an inconvenience. I don't need raising my kids and working my job. That's another factor of early round quarterback. But the end of like the Breeze Brady Manning Roethlisberger Golden Age, there was just seriously like no point in taking in quarterback for like the tenth or eleventh round, cause they were so jumbled together, it was so deep. As Evan points out, that is no longer the case where there's been a breakaway tier at the top of the true dual threats, and like Cam Newton was kind of the beginning of that, but there's been a lot of Cam Newton's successors. Cam was a great passer, but there's been Cam Newton success who were elite passers and like truly elite at both running and passing. That does this kind of change the game at quarterback. But then if you miss on that tier, you shouldn't be panicking like, oh, I gotta get Kyler Murray, I got to get Baker Mayfield, like guys in the middle where you should still let them come to them come to you. But another dynamics too is that people have just gotten so much smarter and more sophisticated and savvier about drafting, even your home league people. Or there were years Jayden and Daniels. Last year this kind of did happen. Like dual threats though, just don't usually fall like the eleventh or twelfth round anymore. There's kind of no such thing as a sleeper, so that's been another dynamic this year, justin fields is kind of falling. But so yeah, the dual threats have broken away. The sleepers don't fall nearly as far as they used to. So early round quarterback is back. But yes, if you miss, if you miss on the breakaway tier, then don't force it. Go old school late round quarterback.
Speaker 4: Another member, another member of the muddled middle is, or at least has been, Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 3: I know, it's it's just devastation.
Speaker 4: Was an elite fantasy producer for his first four seasons as a starter, and over the last two years it's been a detriment to draft Patrick Mahomes where he's been going. And I think one of the bigger questions this year is can he get back to that, you know, forty touchdown sort of level of production. And you know, I mean I was kind of optimistic about that. At one point, Rashie Rice was coming back, looked like he was healthy. Hollywood Brown is healthy, Xavier worthy as a chance to take a second year leap. Kelsey is still a fairly usable possession receiver. The offensive line looks really good, especially with Josh Simmons already grabbing that first string left tackle spot. But then Rashie Rice gets a suspension and or at least a suspension is forthcoming, and so that kind of threw a wrench that ken Patrick Mahomes be worth a fifth round fantasy pick. He certainly hasn't been the last two years.
Speaker 1: No, he's been a disaster. He's been a league loser.
Speaker 5: That was one of the topics I was going to throw out is I do think I would take Mahomes this year just for the simple fact of anyone that's gotten drafted that highly year after year after year, you can get him in the late fifth or sixth.
Speaker 1: Now this is the year to do it.
Speaker 5: And I do think there is something that is beyond the numbers. That is the fact that he knows where he's viewed and he's accepted like taking worse stats for the team, But there is something about this season where I think he's going to be motivated to have better stats, and that is it's the best receiver group when they're all healthy and Rahi Rice will be back presumably for the fantasy playoffs when it really matters, and to me, it's the best receiver group they've had.
Speaker 1: I think Xavier Worthy.
Speaker 5: Is underrated in fantasy leagues this year. And you mentioned the offensive line. It's a really good offensive line, so part of me doesn't want to overthink it too much. I would rather have Mahomes in the fifties than Daniels or Hurts probably or maybe even Lamar Josh Allen where they are maybe not, but it is interesting these two guys, both him and then Herbert, who's more of a QB two pat But these two guys who are viewed as top five or six NFL quarterbacks that aren't getting the fantasy love this year. And I kind of like both their offensive line, so to me, it is a year to buy them, as opposed to the guys that you mentioned in the middle. I was stunned to see Baker Mayfield and bow Knicks as top eight fantasy quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: They're fine, but I just this is not the year to get them.
Speaker 3: Baker.
Speaker 2: I think it's just because he breaks the modern mold in that he cares about more than efficiency. We're now like everything's so optimized now the quarterbacks all they care about is efficiency. They care about avoiding turnovers. He led the league in touchdowns and interceptions, honestly, kind of a great mix. Like he's taking chances, he's just chucking it up there. I of course do not think.
Speaker 3: He's going to repeat that.
Speaker 2: I agree with you that I think we're going to get warpath Mahomes because he's got to hear what people are saying about it. The dude too, This is so trivial. But he got a ninety five from Madden instead of a ninety nine, Like are you kidding me?
Speaker 5: Like I bet him at number two in the last twenty five years of just like the best players. He is in a career arc of someone who is that good. He can't have too many of these seasons like the last two, and I don't think he will, so just thinking about his career arc in general, I just can't really buy that it's gonna lie.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 3: I just worry that now he knows he's he's playing a.
Speaker 2: One man game at this point, it's him versus Tom Brady because he's already accomplished more than just about everyone else. He wants to somehow get to seven. He knows he can have success just muddling by. Not that he wants to muddle by, but he knows he doesn't have to like sell out his body or whatever, like get the Super Bowl, like he can grind out victories. And I do worry, like they've gotten like too comfortable in Golden State Warriors mode, like a regular season doesn't even matter, Like who cares, Like, we don't need to throw for four hundred yards.
Speaker 5: I think he wants it. I think he wants to He wants to be exciting. Again, I don't know why I think that we stientistically.
Speaker 4: He was one of the worst deep ball passers in the league last year, and apparently his primary focus this offseason has been to improve his deep ball and so I don't you know whether or not he can accomplish that. We'll see. I mean he should be. I mean he used to be one of the best deep ball passers in the league. But you know, Xavier Worthy is in Hollywood Brown. If those guys are healthy, like those guys are deep ball receivers, So if he starts hitting the deep ball, then I mean all bets are off.
Speaker 5: Okay, So I'm looking at these ADPs and we'll move on to running backs after this, not out you know, outside him, after you get we get past Mahomes, here are some average apposition guys. I kind of like Kyler Murray as the QB nine. I'm still buying, don't get you know, I'm buying that.
Speaker 3: Kyler's only good in fantasy, So that's.
Speaker 5: Right, But I think he could be even better Jared Goffett at QB twelve if you are going to be the one way to and you want to take a chance on your other guy like I wouldn't. I wouldn't hate a Jared goff at QB twelve and Anthony Richardson at the end of your draft like that's fine with me. I think goff is a nice, you know, safe piece of like tasty, you know, white bread and butter that you're gonna that you're gonna enjoy in the end. Drake May at QB eighteen, that's kind of intriguing to me. Among the kind of the later qbs, it could be deep. Like I said with Richardson, to me, Richardson is just a good value play if if you're getting him at the very end of your draft, I mean, I think it's worth the shot. Give me a QB two or outside the top eight qbs that you guys are drafting and looking for.
Speaker 4: For me, it's Justin Fields this year. And that's just almost entirely because I think he's gonna run. They're gonna run him like crazy, because that's the way that Justin Fields would beat up on Aaron Glenn's defenses in Detroit. I mean every time that they would play, Justin Fields was running all over the Lions. Obviously Aaron Glenn was defensive coordinator. That now is the Jets head coach. I mean, Justin Fields has a top six fantasy quarterback finish on his Resume's only twenty six years old. During that top six finish, he ran for eleven and forty three yards and eight touchdowns. If he can be a twenty touchdown pass guy and run for one thousand yards, which I think is very much within his range of petrol outcomes, Justin Field is gonna crush whatever his ADP is. I mean, I don't care if it's quarterback eight, depending where you look, quarterback twelve, he will crush that ADP.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Evan, he could like win leagues, be three for like twenty five touchdowns, like say, really exceeded expectations or Fields is the obvious one. I'm in love with him too, because he's the rare dual threat who is falling Dak Prescott's around QB twelve. He could lead the league in attempts like I feel, you know, MVP runner up two years ago. Then some really low guys. I mean Michael Pennix. If he's like an attempts or a quarterback stat guy, he could way out produce Q one even Tua. I will say QB twenty two, Oh, I love QB. I love to QB twenty two. There's gonna be yards there. I know it's like they'll play greg last year, like the twenty twelve to twenty fourteen Peyton Manning offense. Well, like, never throw it deep, Just throw it one million times over the middle as quickly and accurately as possible and stack up your stats that way.
Speaker 3: So even that, I think even two was an interesting one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and their schedule in general, like the AFC East schedule last year was hard all around, and this year it's easy all around. I think we'll put a pin in that when we talk receivers, because I think their receivers are are undervalued because because there's gonna there's gonna be yards there. All right, let's get to running backs. But before that, let's take a quick break. Oh, it's Silva season. I mean it's Rodopath seasons. But I feel like I feel like you kind of get the same pad all year.
Speaker 1: He loves he loves his football. But Silva is like.
Speaker 5: A machine that you just unplug him from January to August. It's just not the same. Now he's plugged back in and he's feeling life. Let's talk running back, Silva. I feel like these are where the biggest mistakes happen.
Speaker 1: It's where leagues are are.
Speaker 4: One.
Speaker 5: I still feel like the position gets pushed up too much, but I get wise strategy wise, when you look at kind of the big two or three at the top, I guess this year is Saquan, you know, Bijon and Gibbs, and Bijon said that's how that's how his name is really pronounced, rhymes with djon.
Speaker 1: That's your top three there.
Speaker 5: The next group is is Derek Henry, the big dog back in first rounds Like Silva had all along, he never he never gave up on Henry and.
Speaker 1: Was incredibly right last year.
Speaker 5: CMCs back there with a little a little further in the first round, Ashton genty, maybe Devon eighth Chan is like sneaking into first round. So they're still going high and they're still going in the second round. Are the running backs back and kind of give me your overall like view of the position and who are some of your favorites of the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think the way that you described it was perfect. I mean, for a guy who's retired from fantasy football, you summed it up real nicely there, Greg Rosenthal. That is this is where leagues are won and lost, no question, you know. It's it's a position where you know you're hoping that you're hope, you are literally hoping that the player you draft gets runs into three hundred car crashes, is able to run into three hundred car crashes over the course of you know, seventeen Sundays and makes it out alive, you know, because that's what these guys are doing. Saquon Barkley last year, including playoffs, had four hundred and eighty two touches the last run.
Speaker 1: Worried. I'm a little worried. I'm the only person that's a little worried. I feel.
Speaker 4: There's also Jamir Gibbs and Bijon Robinson. They were born like a month or two apart. They are both five years younger than Saquon Barkley. Okay, so for me, there's just enough risk and I have them all in the same tier, and I have them all as top six picks, but I have Saquon Barkley at the end of that tier, and I have Gibbs and Bijon a top it. Right now, I have Gibbs number one. Now people will say, oh, but we can't find the workload projection for him because David Montgomery's coming back. I think that the Lions, they have one of the toughest schedules in the league. They lost both of their coordinators. I don't think they're going to be as dominant as they have been in previous years. I think they're still going to be a really good team ten and seven or something like that, but not like a thirteen or fourteen win team, and they're going to be in more competitive games. And their new coordinator, John Morton, is going to streamline the offense and he's going to have to play his best players in more competitive situations. And I think that by the end of the year we'll be talking about Jim Gives is the best running back in football.
Speaker 2: I love that take from Evan. I also think that dovetails with Greg's Jared Goff take where I'm definitely expecting like a bit of the Lions fall off and where just they're gonna have to really pump up Jared Goff's attempts probably a level higher than they're really comfortable with. So I love that take on the Lions, And to me, running back this year writ large, it's it's definitely as back as it's been in a while, where it almost seems like the running back aging curve has been obliterated or there's at least balance restored, or there's still an aging curve. But like in the eighties, nineties, seventies, the truly elite backs like last beyond the aging curve and are productive into their early thirties. Because it was getting kind of strange ten or fifteen years ago, like twenty seven to twenty eight was like a hard ceiling at running back and it's almost like, as the game changed so much, and is it just too much of a young man's game now? Turns out no, the Hall of Fame level talents can still produce into their early thirties. And this year run back this feels so much better because you know, last year it was perceived to be a bad running back draft class aside from Bucky Irving that was very much born out in fantasy football. This year is so much deeper. There's so many more like second to fourth round picks who are projecting for maybe immediate committee roles with the upside for more. So it's just a deeper player playing pool and that the older guys are producing longer and we got a much needed talent infusion on the young end. I feel like this year running backs, so it's a deeper player pool running.
Speaker 5: Back, that's true, and yet I don't want any of these second round running backs I don't think. Like to me, it's a huge drop off from that big six we just talked about to begin with, which is Saqua and Bijon Gibbs, Henry McCaffrey, who you know, obviously there's a risk, but it's football. If you can get c you know, if you can get McCaffrey at the end, you know, anywhere in your first round, I'm just gonna take my chance and do it. Ashton Genty too is in that group for me, And then it's like, man, you're talking about I know, Devonhchan like per snap and.
Speaker 1: There's just a lot of questions.
Speaker 5: At some point, I think I got to go with like I think, being like a great football player that's extremely consistent matters a lot, and Josh Jacobs has had.
Speaker 1: An up and down career.
Speaker 5: Ah Chan, I don't know, Like Bucky Irving's a good player, but I'm not putting him in that category. When you're comparing these guys and Jonathan Taylor and maybe Chase Brown's in that mex too, And so these are the second round guys, you're comparing these to some of the best players in all of football, these wide receivers and even throwing Lamar and Josh Allen. That to me, I would just much rather have on my fantasy team going into the year than any of these guys. So if you don't wind up with the you know, one of the great running backs that you know in your first round, because it just doesn't happen that way. Like, I'm cool just waiting and loading up at receiver and running back because you're right there are there are then some pretty intriguing maybe third, fourth, fifth round guys. I'll go to you first with this one, Pat Like, who is a third, fourth, fifth round guy or two that you like?
Speaker 2: Well, I'll just say I do love Bucky so much. I know he's undersized, but such a rare rookie combination.
Speaker 5: But you're just paying for full value from the nine incredible games he had, so he has to just do that or else or else. Like there's like, to me, he's getting taken away before, like a Lad McConkie, for instance. You can't like, Ladi McConkie is not gonna have a bad season. He's just he's just he's such a no.
Speaker 3: He's not.
Speaker 2: But it was such a rare rookie combination of efficiency and actual production. The two games that mattered most, he out touched Rashad White forty to three. We're kind of like what Evan was saying, what the Lions might have to do with Jamiir Gibbs. The Bucks just had to admit Bucky Irving was better than Rashad White in Week eighteen in the wild card round and ride him. They want Rashad White to still be involved, but I think Rashad White will be a luxury for when they're like dictating the pace of play and know if it's winning time, if the game is competitive, they're going have to really lean on Bucky.
Speaker 3: I mean the mid rounds.
Speaker 2: I mean, O'maron Hampton was a guy the fantasy community already loved before the Nija Harris situation became the weirdest situation in fantasy football.
Speaker 5: Wait, why is he going in the fourth round? And that was in like I said, I don't look at these numbers, and then I look at him right before a show like this and it does hit me in a different way than you. To me, that was one of the most surprising things. If I had seen him at overall eighteen, RB eleven, I would have been like, oh, yeah, that makes sense. Everyone loves like a totally complete beast of a rookie running back with a great quarterback like that would have checked out to me. And instead he's down in the forties or something, So sign me up for Marion Hampton.
Speaker 1: I don't care. I don't care about Naja Harris.
Speaker 2: This is probably just an ADP artifact too, isn't it, Evan, Where like the post Naji injury, reality hasn't really caught up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean in the draft that I do on, Marion Hampton does not get out of the third round, okay, and that's where he belongs. I think you can make an argument that he belongs on the the two three turn I have him as the RB twelve overall. The thing that can see you guys talked about Bert Bucky Irving earlier. The thing that concerns me about Bucky Irving is Tristan Worf's injury. If you look, I mean, he's maybe the best, He's one of the best players in the NFL, not just left tackles, and if you look back at the history of premier tackles in the league, and like they're on and off splits when they're at like Lane Johnson's on and off splits when he's out and when he's in huge difference for the Eagles in terms of production. Trent Williams in San Francisco. Remember how Jason Garrett's offenses in Dallas would completely fall apart whenever Tyrone Smith would be out, Like they couldn't they couldn't deal with it, They couldn't make any adjustments, you know. But I mean that Tristan Wurf's is on those guys level. And that's the big concern that I have with Bucky Irving. Not necessarily he's way better than Rashad White, you know, and I do think that Rashad White is going to cut into his stuff a little bit. But the Tristan Worf's injury kind of scares me really for everyone in the Tampa offense.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm with you, and we've learned this over the years. It is unpredictable. It could be one where you don't want to overreact too much. Like if Dresin Wurths is out there in Week three, which seems like a totally reasonable, you know scenario, then no harm, no foul when it really matters, who are are some of the guys, Evan, you're finding outside maybe the top ten that you're drafting quite a bit this year.
Speaker 4: See, I love Chase Brown, and you know, he was a guy who was a workhorse at Illinois, and then he came into the league. In his first year, he was like sort of pigeonholed as a guy that was like maybe like a niche back. But then we saw last year that he could be that extreme workhorse that he was at Illinois, and he averaged over the final eight games for the Bengals, he averaged twenty four touches per game, for over one hundred and sixteen total yards per game, and almost a touchdown per game. And I'm really buying the Bengals offense that they're just gonna score a ton of points. They just cut Zack Moss, so it's gonna be Chase Brown, and then samaj p Rn, who's a player that he'll see the field a little bit, but they don't like try to get him the ball, and then TODJ. Brooks. I think there's a decent late sleeper for you, the sixth round pick, Todje Brooks. But Chase Brown is a guy that I think actually belongs in the second round and certainly should not be getting out of the third round.
Speaker 5: I'll buy that as a guy who's gonna have a ton of receiving value, Like I might rather have him than Hn, certainly for the price, but just in general on that offense.
Speaker 1: It just feel like a little safer just that he's gonna last.
Speaker 5: I'm with you some other guys that where they're at I was intrigued by, like James Cook really isn't getting that pop off after all those touchdowns. I know it's a good backfield there, but to me, he's just a great eight football player. He's really good and on a great team, and I know the situation isn't perfect, but wherever he's going, I'm I think I'm gonna be fine with it James Connor, like, I buy what they're selling that he's just gonna get almost all the workload there, and then, uh, I'm not giving up on my guy Remandre. You know he's down there in the in the deep thirties. I'd rather have him than Travion Henderson.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't get quite buying Traveon Henderson as a rookie back who I think is gonna have a somewhat limited role there, and he's getting taken as like the RB twenty five Pat, do you have some guys you're trying to stay away from?
Speaker 2: Well, real quick on Remandre. Let's say what worries me any of those? What will worries me is Josh me Daniels. I feel like his guys type of guy. Remondre's not his guy. Travion was way Why isn't he his guy? Didn't he play great under Josh mcdana. Oh my god, I forget his fifth tour of duty in New England.
Speaker 3: But he came in and what's the first thing he tells them to do?
Speaker 4: A draft?
Speaker 3: A second round running back?
Speaker 1: That's fair. It's just he's so deep.
Speaker 5: He's a guy that you know what is getting taken so high that like, if he's your RB four, that sounds crazy to me.
Speaker 3: Very quickly too.
Speaker 2: Alvin Kamara finishes the RB five by average PPR points last year, it's like the RB eighteen or nineteen. He's like Mike Evans. Every year no one wants to draft him because he's old. Then every year his team doesn't have a better idea. The Saints don't have a better idea than giving Alvin Kamara the ball. You know, way too many times, way too many receptions. DeAndre Swift is a guy who literally his entire career.
Speaker 3: Has been like one long fantasy disappointment.
Speaker 2: You don't want him, you're saying no, I'm saying you never do until now, because truly, what do they have beyond DeAndre Swift? Like Roshawn Johnson, I feel like is not going to be a huge concern for DeAndre. He's a guy who's disappointed fantasy managers so many times. Or I feel like it can maybe finally happen this year for DeAndre Swift.
Speaker 3: Who do I not want?
Speaker 2: I mean Joe Mixon of course become a rather radioactive.
Speaker 5: I even wanted Joe Mixon anyways, I don't want Brice Hall. That's another guy that I want.
Speaker 2: Just I know Brice. I was like, listen, he's better than Braylan Allen. There's no way it's gonna be a three man backfield. I will be a two man backfield. But the brail and drum drumbeat refuses to cease, and it is becoming concerning for Breeshall, who, yeah, is veteran fantasy in real life, let's put it that way, and hasn't even been that great in fantasy of late, So it's getting a little late early for Breesaw.
Speaker 4: If we're moving into the later rounds. There are three rookies that I think that stand out. One of them is Cam Skataboo Giants. Now I'm concerned that the Giants are going to stink, that they might end up playing starting three different quarterbacks over the course of the season. And Tyrone Tracy is good. I mean, he's not going to go away, but Cam Scataboo is built to capitalize on high value touches. He can play in the passing game, and he's going to be the guy at the goal line over Tyrone Tracy. He's an awesome football player. I know he runs four to six or whatever, But he is an awesome football player. I think anybody that has seen him play even a little bit knows that that dude is awesome at football. I think that a guy who might not be as good at football but is in a great situation has some Devont eight chan in him. Is Jayden Blue of Dallas, who's started to generate some positive buzz. You've got Miles Sanders there, you got Javonte Williams there. You know, Pat mentioned the possibility that the Cowboys could lead the NFL in pass attempts. Like that's Jayden Blues game. He had forty two catches last year, one hundred and seventy six touches, scored fourteen touchdowns on one hundred and seventy six touches, hyper efficient, good in the passing game runs four three, eight at five nine, two hundred. Really sexy situation for Jayden Blue.
Speaker 1: I love that. Yeah.
Speaker 5: One of the more surprising things I saw on the ADP that was Davante was where Javonte Williams is going, and that he was going ahead of Miles Sanders. For what it's worth, I wouldn't want either, but Miles Sanders is going to be the starter there. It sounds like by all accounts in that Javonte doesn't look great, but I'm with you, Jayden Blue would be more exciting. Brashard Smith for like a really deep league or very end of the draft would not surprise me at all if he is the Kansas City Chiefs, like primary receiving back this year, has a lot of juice, like Pacheco showed as a seventh rounder, like you could matter pretty quickly in that offense. So he's kind of fun to me. And then just looking at some of the team situations like, yeah, I was surprised too that Etn is still going that high because your boy, I remember you love Tank Pigsby. A couple of years ago, you were right on Silva. It's still gonna, I think, be the RB one there, and I wouldn't worry about b Shelton. I probably would avoid the whole thing, but if you're taking one, I would take take Bigsby.
Speaker 2: Two more super quick names, Greg mid Round. I love Jordan Mason. Actually it's only been super efficient. They basically annointed him as the goal line back. I think they're gonna not pass nearly as much as they have, or if people are expecting right. I've just not really liked the JJ McCarthy smoke signals, although they could be.
Speaker 5: I mean, I love me some Jordan Mason last year I actually did draft him along with CMC.
Speaker 1: Saved my season.
Speaker 2: So Jordan Mason and then late I do like Woody Marx in the later rounds, even though he could just be like a committee like pass catcher guy. Just the mixing signs are not great. I mean, Nick Chubb, they're already coming out like listen, he's not the same, but he's real tough and like you know, that's not great the tone with Nick Chubb and pretty bullish for Woody Mark.
Speaker 4: Woody Marks had two hundred and sixty one catches in his college career. Wow.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 5: Okay, So yeah, Texan's running back and I don't know what's going on there because yeah, I've heard the same things of Chubb not looking great. I think mixing it's extremely concerning that he might never like to me, he's on and do not draftless like period, just because he might not be the same guy or be able to stay healthy.
Speaker 1: I don't know what they're going to do.
Speaker 5: They might be someone that looks aroun round at the trade deadline or even after a trade dead Yeah. Right, let's let's look at the wide receiver. So, yeah, I gave away my strategy earlier. Is you know, I I feel like if you have, if you took three receivers in your first four rounds, still, I don't know. I feel better about that. I feel good about that. Like the top ten receivers, they're just so there's so money in general, however you want to shake him up, Like right now, Chase is going first overall in some leagues, and that's fine. I don't see a particularly crazy difference between him and Lamb and Jefferson and Pooka really So however, whatever order, I'm not going to have like a super hot take. But when you're getting to like a Nico Collins and Brian Thomas Junior and A J. Brown are are towards the bottom of the top ten, it's like, man, I am going to be happy coming away with AJ Brown specifically, Like I think he is going to have an outstate and in season and this is a relative by low for him, and I'm just gonna feel better taking these guys pretty much through the first three or four rounds than I am taking those rounds two, three, four running backs.
Speaker 1: But that's me.
Speaker 5: Have you have you kind of changed on that viewpoint, Silva and like, where are you looking towards the top of the draft.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean at one overall and at two overall, I tend to lean running back.
Speaker 1: I still would take those three running backs over any receiver.
Speaker 4: Actually, yeah, but I you know, a lot of people take Jamar Chase one overall, as you mentioned, and I understand it. I think that Cedee Lamb could outscore Jamar Chase. You know, the last time that Dak Prescott was healthy in twenty twenty three, ced Lamb was the number one overall receiver in fantasy. And again going back to that expectation that the Cowboys are going to throw the crap out of the ball, that would be good for CD Lamb. I'm with you on Brian Thomas. He's my highest drafted first round player in the back end of the first round. I think that by the end of the year we could be talking about him as the best receiver in football. Last year, he was number six in yards per route run. Kind of the best advanced metric just if you just want one advanced metric for wide receivers is yards per route run. As a rookie at age twenty two, Brian Thomas was sixth in the NFL in yards per route run, catching passes for half the season from Mac Jones in a Doug Peterson offense where you know, Doug Peterson is out of the league because the league kind of passed him by, And now he's got Liam Cohen who under Liam Cohen. Last year, Mike Evans and Chris Godwin, both that advanced ages, had their best yards per route run season of their entire careers. So I think that Liam Cohen is a really really big deal for him. I think a Trevor Lawrence could have the best season of his career. I expect him to have the best year of his career, and he's going to carry Brian Thomas along with him. Actually, Brian Thomas might be carrying Trevor Lawrence along with him.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: I mean, if Doug Peterson is a fan of the show Silva and he's watching this and he just hurt hears, like a classic withering Silva takedown that the league has passed them by, Like, how do you think that's going to make him feel?
Speaker 2: Doug was a crazy case where that he was super ahead of the curve on like two things, and then the rest of the league really caught up really fast, and Doug was like, I don't have a third idea.
Speaker 5: Actually it's a great like you're making a joke on some level, but it's an outstanding football point over who becomes legendary, especially as coaches and who doesn't Like a lot of coaches have one or two moves. And then Brandon Staley's like, no, well, this is the defense I coach, and everyone's like yeah, but everyone's adapted to that, like what's your next move?
Speaker 1: You have to keep changing, and.
Speaker 5: Like McVeigh, his old boss is a great example of that, Like he is always evolving, always adapting.
Speaker 1: You got to have multiple ideas.
Speaker 5: Speaking of which you mentioned yards per route run, Silva, I mean put Gonna CooA last year of ranks among the greatest receivers of all time. I for his first two seasons he is like maybe the greatest receiver of all time yards per route run.
Speaker 1: So I'm not.
Speaker 5: That worried about DeVante getting there impact to him, So he like he's another option. Like pretty much in the middle of the first round, who you taking Pat in general anywhere, go anywhere you want in the in the first like thirty forty picks that are on a lot of PAT teams.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll say, my in general take on wide receiver, by the way, is that you're absolutely right about like the top ten or I would say even twelve wide receivers were a really deep wide receiver one crop. Then beyond that, though, I feel like this is a year I've never had a year where I didn't like where every ADP.
Speaker 3: Looks bad to me.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, I'm like, oh, T Higgins, we're doing T Higgins wide receiver thirteen again. Huh.
Speaker 1: Okay, that that I agree with that, I agree with all right, let's go through them.
Speaker 3: We're doing that yet again. Huh. Like Wow, Marvin Harrison, we're doing that yet again.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: I'm with that. Where he is at the forty spot, I'm good with that.
Speaker 2: That's Marvin Harrison, who's innovation was to get slower and bigger after his disappointing rookie year.
Speaker 5: He wasn't that that bad, and uh, it's all about value. Now he's going like three rounds later, two rounds later. I'm good with that one, all right, getting more so.
Speaker 2: Many like JSN, who I actually like, I didn't like, starting to like he's the wide receiver seventeen, which I really like Jayson. Every sign though out of Seahawks camp is like, we're never passing the ball again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I bet he's the best guy on the team by far, so I'm okay with it.
Speaker 2: They let him play like a true inside out game. I'd be excited about Jayson again. But like Terry mclaurin's the wide receiver eighteen or she Rice the wide receiver nineteen, Mike Evans undead zombie wide receiver.
Speaker 3: Twenty, I don't mind that one.
Speaker 2: Xavier Worthy, who I like like it's a lot of projection to be the wide receiver twenty one, Tedoroa McMillan sight unseen wide receiver twenty two with your guy.
Speaker 5: Don't like, don't like that one, don't like that one, I like any any wide receiver ADP.
Speaker 3: Someone mentions to me, I'm like, oh, I don't I don't like him there, And it's interesting.
Speaker 2: I'm not loving the feel, the overall feel, and I hate the word vibe, but the vibe the receiver This year.
Speaker 5: I feel better about most of those guys. I think Worthy has a sneaky high ceiling. I guess I'm looking fantasy pros Ashim, you know, wide receiver twenty five for what it's worth in the fifties somewhere. I mean, he doesn't have a lot To me, he doesn't have a lot of heat, considering he you know, was their best receiver by far down the stretch and like it's racking up. I count those catches in the super Bowl. He had seventy five yards before that fourth quarter in the Super Bowl too. He was he was the man there. Like Garrett Wilson's going fairly late, DeVante Adams is going fairly late. And I think I'm buying DeVante Adams and then outside the top ten. And I'm curious, curious what you think about these two guys, Silva, Like, to me, Lad McConkie and Tyreek Hill have wide receiver one or two upside, like I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's that crazy.
Speaker 5: And that's that's where I'm talking about, Like, man receiver seems pretty deep if they're going as like eleven and twelve, like both of those guys to me could have monster seasons.
Speaker 4: Back to yards per route run. Lad McConkie. As a rookie, finished fourth in the NFL in yards per route run, and over a seventeen game span including playoffs, he had ninety one catches for one thousand and thirty one thousand and three hundred and forty six yards and eight touchdowns. And I think that the arrow is still pointing up on him. Tyreek Hill scares me, and he's one of the you know, the biggest like conundrums of the fantasy football season. If you read Matt Harmon's recent reception perception breakdown of Tyreek Hill, I mean it would put the fear of God in you. I mean Matt Harmon is, like, this is clearly a player in decline. He's got issues with Tua. I mean Tua even like addressed that again recently at the start of training camp that like we have to repair our relationship. I mean, Tyreek Hill is thirty one years old. You know, everything still looks pretty good on paper. I mean this is super condensed offense. They're going to throw the ball and Tyreek Hill what he ran like a super fast one hundred yard dash or one hundred meters dash or whatever recently, he still has straight line speed. I say, you know, he definitely still has straight line speed. I mean, Darryl Green was Guys that are fast keep their speed. DeShawn Jackson was still fast for forever. Daryl Green was winning the fastest man contests at the Pro Bowl, which, by the way, can we bring that back please? At like age forty three years old. Guys that are fast stay fast. Like I know that Tyreek Kill can still run fast in a straight line. It's all the other stuff. He was not winning against coverage. He was not winning his routes nearly as often last years as he has historically.
Speaker 5: He admitted and has said it many times this offseason that he wasn't trying his hardest last year, that he came in out of shape.
Speaker 1: It was all this stuff.
Speaker 5: And usually I really don't buy into too many offseason narratives. But this is a guy who's had four or five first team All Pros, that's gonna be in the Hall of Fame one day.
Speaker 1: That he look he's always played at a high level.
Speaker 5: But he knows his chance for one last big contract is this year. It's a contract year for him. It's very likely his last one in Miami. He wants to get back to Kansas City. I just think there's gonna be yards there with Tua. To me, I am buying the narrative that it's just you're gonna get the best out of Tyreek Hill, and last year was a little bit more of like an effort and conditioning thing, and that makes sense. If you're watching on YouTube, we thank you, by the way, and we hope you subscribe and leave some comments. Do that on iTunes as well. It really helps us out. But if you are watching on YouTube, you'll notice that Rodo Pat just ducked out like the heat was too much for him. Frankly, like me, getting back in the fantasy arena was making him feel a little less then. I think also with his old boss Silva, because in theory, I was his boss. But pretty quickly by the time Pat was there, I was I was doing PFT.
Speaker 4: And I thought that I hired him.
Speaker 1: Maybe you did.
Speaker 5: I'm probably just I was still I was still there, I was still at NBC. I was like in an overseer role. But you're absolutely right, Silva was the.
Speaker 1: One who hired him. Got it done and what a job.
Speaker 5: But no, Pat's Pat's internet apparently went out, So we're gonna we're gonna finish this thing off.
Speaker 1: We're right at the end.
Speaker 5: Anyways, I'm going to give you a list of guys I think are too high, Silva, and you let me know and then tell me some guys you think are too t Higgins I agree with I agree with pat On that one or she Rice just I just would rather get worthy and not deal with the suspension. T mac Tetsuo McMillan. It just that it's there's a lot of ifs there. Cooper Cup not buying it, feel like a wasted pick. Chris godwindin this year kind of feels like a wasted pick. Just don't want to don't want to deal with it. Stefan Diggs, Jack Besh. Those are a couple other guys that feel like wasted picks for me, and then some of the later guys like Davante. I'm buying a little bit of a Davante rebound. I'm interested in Travis Hunner at the price that he's going at. And then maybe the guy I would draft the most at this very moment in the entire NFL Silva is rashid Jihead because because to me, I think he has like pretty clear top twenty top twenty five fantasy receiver upside, maybe even floor if he's healthy in a bigger role coming to him. And so I'm taking Rashid Jaheat who's going like wide receiver fifty or something.
Speaker 1: Totally. You can say.
Speaker 4: Dogs T Higgins so hard. I mean, roto Pat even said T Higgins ADP wide receiver thirteen. What are we doing?
Speaker 1: He said, we're doing this again where I have.
Speaker 4: T Higgins ranked at wide receiver thirteen.
Speaker 3: Well, as you may have noticed, I did that and then I just disappeared.
Speaker 4: When T Higgins and Jamar Chase were on the field together last year, T Higgins had more targets than Jamar Chase.
Speaker 2: Well, Evan, the problem is what you hit the phrase they're on the field together, which they just never are because he's always hurt, I mean, no matter what. And now he got paid, he's I feel like he's a classic.
Speaker 4: Times sample of them being on the field together and T Higgins had one hundred and seven targets and Jamar Chase had one hundred and six. A guy that I love this year, and I'm getting a lot of pushback from the nerds that we employ at Established the Run. They hate this guy. Because they can't fit anything into their spreadsheets. And if they can't fit it into their spreadsheets, then they can't do it.
Speaker 1: They don't know ball. Frankly, they just don't know ball.
Speaker 4: You know, you know who's good at ball is Ricky Pearsall. Ricky. And also the floodgates are kind of opening form the Caesar parting for Ricky Pearsall. We've got Juwan Jenny dealing with injuries and a contract dispute, Deebo Samuel is gone, and Brandon Ayuk, I mean, I don't know when he's coming back. And Ricky Pearsall was a first round pick in the draft. I think they drafted him to eventually replace Deebo Samuel, Which that's a really fun fantasy role. If he can even be eighty percent of what Deebo Samuel was, Ricky Pearsall is going to crush. And again, if you read Matt Harmon's reception perception on Ricky Pearsall over the last month of the season, this guy got shot last year. Okay, he literally got shot and missed like everything, he finally gets it together, gets it together, gets healthy, and he crushed against man coverage down the stretch. So if you can give me eighty percent of Deebo Samuel and a guy who wins against man coverage, with all this opportunity in a Kyle Shanahan offense, with Brock Purty coming off maybe the most underrated quarterback season in the NFL, I think Ricky Pearsall can be an absolute smash as like a seventh round pick.
Speaker 1: You convinced me I'm in all right, pat are you?
Speaker 4: Are you?
Speaker 1: Are you doing okay? Yeah?
Speaker 5: By the way, Piersall is going like in the wide receiver forty forty five territory behind Juwan Jenning, who I already has a calf injury again has the contract situation. He's going behind some of the guys that I said I have zero interest in, like Cup and Digs, and I would take I would maybe take pearsw like in terms of his ceiling, or even over a guy like like Roma Dunze. That's a good shoutout because I think what Pearsall already showed and he's done at practice too. From everything that I've heard, it is like he is an NFL player. It is a question whether he's gonna be like a solid two three or two or can he be like a wide receiver one, but that'll be great value for him, and the opportunity is is just absolutely insane. You couldn't take the heat pat conversation and you had to duck out. So I leave you with the final word. Any wide receiver hot takes before we get out of there, whether it's like a middle later round guys that you love that you don't love before you leave in shame, it's.
Speaker 3: A mid round guy.
Speaker 2: I can't say I either love or hate him, but he's kind of the wide receiver version of DeAndre Swift, where he's become an annual disappointment to fantasy managers. Calvin Ridley, I just don't think people are prepared for how much more the Titans are going to pass than they did last year. And it might be a erradic and scattershot, Like how much higher quality the passing is going to be, even if there are a lot of turnovers mixed in from cam Ward. It just seems like Calvin Ridley could be like this time it counts guy. This year, he's burned us so many different times, but he's the lead receiver for an offense that could be so much better.
Speaker 3: And I really like.
Speaker 2: The two Bills guys Khalil Shakir, who was like a top thirty six guy last year. I mean, maybe he won't get a whole lot better, but I feel like he could still get better. They're talking about him getting better. They need him desperately. And also Keon Coleman was kind of getting hot before he got hurt last year. He'd stacked together two or three decent games, then he got injured. He came back and didn't do anything down the stretch. But he's someone they need really, really bad. He basically does not have an ADP. He's got a very late round ADP. He is being drafted, but he's like a wide receiver fifty five. He's actually going right around your guy, Rashid Shaheed, who I do also really like this year. But I feel like looking to the Bills is a good place. Maybe looking at the Titans in Calvin Ridley. No one's gonna want to draft Titans. No one ever wants to draft Calvin rid leacause all he's ever done is lose them fantasy leagues. But those are two good plays. Do we like Trey Harris for the Chargers or are they going to retreat any I.
Speaker 1: Mean, we'll see how camp goes.
Speaker 5: But like a guy coming from an offense that like doesn't necessarily translate or not. Everything is so unpredictable with these rookies like Dante Thornton kind of clearly see better than Jack Besh and Las Vegas. And I haven't heard a lot about Trey Harris. It hasn't been like overly positive there. So yeah, I think you got to see how August just the ceiling doesn't seem happy. I mean that high to me, Shakier, I'm totally with you on Shakir that that's a good shout out.
Speaker 1: I do like a little.
Speaker 5: I do like the Jordan Addison Jalen Waddle values for where they are as like two enormous, Like they're just like better football players. For instance, in Calvin Ridley, the opportunities obviously better than.
Speaker 3: For Cow's not good. Col's not good. He doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: He's not bad though at a wide receiver thirty one there are He's solid enough.
Speaker 1: But I like Addison and Waddle to get more yards.
Speaker 5: We did it. We'll we'll talk tight end some other time. This was just the intro to fantasy for the season. It's we're not gonna uh totally say goodbye to to fantasy because we got we got about a month left of drafts.
Speaker 1: It is Silva season. It's Rodo Pat season.
Speaker 5: Uh everyone check out Silva at establish the run. Him and my old coworker as well, Adam Levitan, the Wizard of Oz over there had established the run.
Speaker 1: He's the man.
Speaker 5: And of course Roto Pat still holding it down at roadal World, Love you guys, appreciate you guys both coming on with me. That's it for this great week of shows on NFL Daily. We will be back on Sunday evening. We're posting these shows with Nick Schuk where we do notes all around the AFC, So we're gonna hit all thirty two teams over the two shows Sunday night and Monday night. But yeah, as you heard on the top of this show, we had an actual freaking football game.
Speaker 1: It's back