Speaker 1: I'm the homegirl that knows a little bit about everything and everybody. You know, if you don'ta lie about that, right, Lauren came, Hey, guys, it's Laura l Rosa and this is the latest with Laura l Rosa. Now y'all know, I'm the home guard that knows a bit about everything and everybody. And the latest with Lorna Rosa is always your you know, your daily dig when all things pop culture and the conversations that are shaking the room. We don't even have time to check in or nothing like that today, y'all because Diddy court opening statements. There's so much going on, witness testimony, and I am right there on the pulse of it all, bring you latest, so I want to get.
Speaker 2: Into the updates. Let's get on into it all right, y'all.
Speaker 1: Now we need to talk, okay, because let me tell you something. Let me tell you something right here. If what I witness today in court is the way that the rest of this trial is going to go for Puff, he not gonna see that maximum jail time they talk about.
Speaker 2: His lawyers don't play with them at all.
Speaker 1: Like this was the first day of opening statements and the first time you heard any witness testimony, right, I honestly for one day and think we won't get to any witness sestimonies because I thought the opening statements were going to be so long. The prosecutors they came out swinging, I'm not even gonna hold you. So court started around like nine thirty five am. I was in the overflow room for the first half and then I actually made it into the real courtroom. Diddy was dressed in all gray with all right button up. He actually did get his haircut a little bit. His facial hair was trimmed up a little bit. So the prosecutors opened his thing up with their opening statements and in their opening statements, and the prosecutors, for those of you guys who do not know, are the people that think Diddy belongs in jail. The government opening statements actually begin with he's a cultural icon. He's Diddy, He's larger than life. But there was another side of him. That was the opening line of the prosecutor's statements. So from there you already know where they're going with Diddy started with Cassie, but they didn't start with the video. Prosecutors talked about a night where Cassie, you know, basically he had found out that Puff was dealing with another woman, and she was like, you know, I'm out of here, and she went to gon Be with another man, that man Alex find who is her now husband, who I actually saw in court today. So I thought at one point Cassie was going to testify today, but it didn't happen. But they talk about how Diddy when he found out this, got his gun when and got you know, a couple of people that work with him and wait to go find Cassie, like he was on like this rage allegedly, like the prosecutors was like, if y'all think y'all know, we about to tell y'all something new right here right now. Prosecutors use their opening statement time to introduce a lot of new information the defendants did he side didn't do that.
Speaker 2: So prosecutors let us know number.
Speaker 1: One that there is a woman named Mia, right, and this woman named Mia is a woman who used to work for Puff.
Speaker 2: She was his one of his personal assistants.
Speaker 1: And the prosecutors say that Mia will testify in an alleging that he was sexually assaulted by Diddy, and that she basically all of these years was scared to come out because of the power and.
Speaker 2: Influence of Puff.
Speaker 1: There was an escort that got on the stand as a witness during this testimony. This escort talked about being made to Pete and Cassie's mouth. But this witness says that it was Cassie who asked him to do that.
Speaker 2: Now, and that Cassie set in video.
Speaker 1: Now this was te And this is why I'm saying Puff's attorneys ain't nothing to be fooled with, Okay, because let me tell y'all. So the scene in video from twenty sixteen, this video, I think people keep bringing into a question, And for me, I knew that even though they were saying like they they were trying to figure out how they were going to use it in the beginning of all this, right we had that conversation, I knew that they were gonna have to be very strategic about how they used it. This day is the prosecutors, because he's not being charged with domestic violence, so the prosecutors brought that in by bringing a witness.
Speaker 2: Uh. The witness was a man who was a security guard at the Intercontinental.
Speaker 1: The security guard when he's being questioned by the prosecutors, they established like, oh, he was a former LAPD officer, or he's a he's an LAPD officer.
Speaker 2: Now he was a former head of security.
Speaker 1: Uh, and are doing all of this because you know, when you're had a security working at a high level place like the Intercontinental, there are certain things that you got a bye by very strictly. Now that you're a LAPD officer, you take an oath to protect and serve. They're trying to establish his integrity. Now this security guard from the Intercontinental, right, he is met what he was. He was like an assistant director or something like that. Like, so he was like leadership. He wasn't the boss, but he was leadership, right, So he still reported to somebody, but he was leadership.
Speaker 2: Right. So this man, they do a lot of questioning.
Speaker 1: He goes down on the the you know, recounting what he remember from the video. He alleged when he's talking to prosecutors that you know, when he was called upstairs, he hadn't viewed the video.
Speaker 2: First, so he didn't know that they were actually physically fighting.
Speaker 1: But when he got up there, Cassie had had a purple eye. He says that, you know, he had told them that they had to go back in the room just because he didn't see it hisself. Cassie was saying that she wanted to leave, and Puff was saying that she couldn't leave allegedly, and he.
Speaker 2: Was like, no, she's going to leave or she wants to leave. Right.
Speaker 1: He also alleged that when he walked them back to their room that they were saying in that he saw another man in the room sitting on the bed. Now that's important because remember, Cassie is alleging that that video was her trying to get away from one of the freak offs.
Speaker 2: The defense is alleging, no, there was no freak off happening.
Speaker 1: Y'all got into it over a phone, and this was a toxic response from both sides that we saw on that video. So the man is like, Okay, Cassie to get out of there. She wants to go. I'm trying to help her get out of there.
Speaker 2: Boom.
Speaker 1: That's how he's talking to prosecutors. Baby Brian still got up there talking on Puffs behalf. First thing he said was he said, okay, so you're allegend that you know you were you were second to the head of security at the time, right, you worked for a company and in Securitas.
Speaker 2: He's like yeah.
Speaker 1: So Brian still was like, okay, well, would you say that your incident reports are basically like Bible like y'all lived by that.
Speaker 2: You put everything there.
Speaker 1: It has to be honest, it has to be clear, has to be very information in the beginning of it, says someone. He said, they said to the w's the who, what, when, where, why? To give all the information because these incident reports can be used if someone tries to suit a hotel, if they need to take further action against someone's sending in the hotel, and to just let you know what I mean, like, let the rest of the team know what's going on. Right. So you're like, Kiah, yep, one hundred percent what you're saying is correct, Missus Steele, this is this is the witness. So Brian Steell was like, okay, well, I got a few questions for you. Then you allege that Cassie had a purple y. Why wasn't that in your incident report? You allege that you were trying to, you know what I mean, help her lead because Puff, because Puff didn't want her to leave.
Speaker 2: Why wasn't done in your incident report.
Speaker 1: There was so many different things that they caught him up on yo, like I was sitting there like oh, and then right, he had alleged when the prosecutors that Cassie.
Speaker 2: Was trying to leave. When Brian Steell can't want to stand.
Speaker 1: Brian Steel was like, oh, we wait, because you had said that Puff was telling you that.
Speaker 2: He wanted her to leave, So what are we going by here? Now? I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: Prosecutors did their big when they came back. They didn't really say too much in response to that. Instead, they replace the video again of Diddy dragging Cassie back to the room. Basically like, ain't no way you wanted to leaving? You dragging her back to the room, right, And they mike dropped after that. But the way Brian still caught this man up on a cornst examination. Now let me just say too, the prosecutors themselves, they put all their stuff out in the front. So the man from the hotel, he there was the original video and then he recorded the video to then show to his wife. And they asked him like, well, why would you record the video to then show to your wife? And he was like because basically after they had been sit I saw, I knew that if I just said it, nobody would believe me. So he knows, like he said, he didn't know who Cassie was, but he knew who Puff was, right, so he knows that this is like a big deal because of who's involved.
Speaker 2: So Brian still was then making.
Speaker 1: A point that like, Yo, so you're sitting here telling me that you remember all these details.
Speaker 2: You remember a purple eye that you're testa find too.
Speaker 1: You know all these things on the stand from nine years ago. But in your incident report at the time of the what you knew was a big deal because you had people talking to you about your He said his employees were coming in to work accidency the video.
Speaker 2: So yeah, people at your job talking to you about it.
Speaker 1: You recorded it to make sure you could show your wife because you didn't think she was gonna believe you, But you didn't detail everything in your incident report that you're now on this stand claiming I.
Speaker 2: Said, oh that what is done. He's no longer to look a valid no more. And this is the same man that you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Was saying, Hey, Puff offered me all his money allegedly to get rid of the video, and that's what he said the prosecutors. Brian still got to understand and said, wait, you told us that from the minute you stepped off the elevator, when all this was happening, you kept reminding Diddy he's gonna have to.
Speaker 2: Pay for all of this, everything that they messed up.
Speaker 1: So then you tell me that the minute you step in his room, he offers you money, and you instantly assumed that it was to cover up a video because from what I'm hearing, he offered you money because you told me he had to pay for a bunch of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yo, they was. I'm trying to tell y'all right now, Diddy's legal team is not coming to play.
Speaker 1: The prosecutors their their witness testimony has to get stronger because today, even with the male escort, it was like they had a good setup and it was doing so well, and then Diddy's attorneys would come in and then boom, Now they're looking a little all over the place or fanned out. To be honest with you, like the male esport said at one point he didn't even care if he wasn't being paid at certain points because he was just so excited to be a part of Diddy and Cassie's lifestyle. He didn't know who Cassie was, but she was gorgeous. He didn't find out until later, but of course he knew who did he was, even though he says his first couple of times meaning Diddy did he did, he would cover his face allegedly with a bandana and wear a baseball cat but he was like he knew when he heard his voice who he was, but he never saw his face until Puff got comfortable allegedly, right right. But that whole thing with the your nation blew up the prosecutor's case because the prosecutors let their opening statement like, yo, Cassie's gonna get understand herself and tell y'all this man took it as far as to make another man pete in her mouth. And you get an escort on the escort on the stand who says, no, Cassie asked me to do that. Allegedly, we're gonna pick back up.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow with the escort. They ran out of time today in court with the escort. But man, listen, they're like, look, Puff is everything.
Speaker 1: The prosecutors, I mean, the defense is like, look here, everything y'all think he, you know, abused drugs at one point.
Speaker 2: He was. He don't know how to control his anger.
Speaker 1: He was an abuser of women domestically, but he did not. He's not a sex trafficker. He and an arsonist. He everything that he's in court for today. Nah, we not seeing on that.
Speaker 2: I now understand why Puff did not take that plea deal.
Speaker 1: Not even gonna lie. It's gonna take some major comming. And I'm not saying it's to say that I know he's guilty or not. I'm telling y'all the sparring that i'll watch in court today, that man's legal team is gonna be if it go, If the rest of court goes anything like today, that man's legal team will be the reason why he does not serve that full sentence.
Speaker 2: They did not come to play, did not.
Speaker 1: Thank y'all so much for tuning in with me. I hope you guys feel like y'all were right there in the courtroom with me. Okay, And I'm taking y'all there every day this week. I'm gonna be bringing y'all details, and I want y'all ask me questions. Let me know what you want me to answer. For you by attending these court days. And I tell y'all every single episode, y'all could be anywhere talking to anybody about these things, because at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: There's always a lot to talk about. But y'all be right here with me. Y'all know I appreciate y'all.
Speaker 1: If Londa Rosa this is the latest with lornd Rosa, I will catch you guys in the next episode.