Speaker 1: It's three point fifty eight am, and the first thing I do is thank God out loud, and I asked him to use me throughout the day, to cover me and to guide me. Then get my water and start my day. I check all my emails. Then I go to all my social media platforms and I check all of the comments, all the new comments that may have came in, especially if there's any trolls or anybody leaving any kind of negative comments, I just delete them. I don't entertain them anymore. I spend majority of my time there, about two to three hours, it depending on if I have a viral video or not. Then I get up and I get dressed for today, and I split my time. My time is split between the warehouse and the mall. If I'm going to the warehouse, I usually leave. Which I'm going to the warehouse today, I usually leave around a thirty nine, And if I'm going to the boutique, I usually leave around nine nine. And that's my day.
Speaker 2: This is finally a show about a woman who sells plus size formal wear, and she's gone viral on TikTok A bunch summer. Lucille runs a shop called Juicy body goddess and she's in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Speaker 3: So the client she's coming in at nine am this morning, and what we do is we kind of prep. We come in maybe between.
Speaker 4: Usually an hour before.
Speaker 3: So what we do is we have a questionnaire so we can kind of get an ideal of what they need. Lucky us, this morning, she has she said anything, so we really have to wait till she get here to try to fill her personality and see what she really means when she say any.
Speaker 4: We have her sigh.
Speaker 3: So this morning, this prep is a little different because we don't have a lot of information about her, which is not common. Most people put in what they want, what they're looking for. A lot of people don't know themselves that much. I know that sounds crazy, but they really come in here very complex and frustrated because they don't know what their body fit, they don't know what they want, they don't understand how to dress their plus sized body. So we kind of have to do like a serious question there. So this is probably going to be this case because she put like really plan answers, so we actually go into it goes deeper into just trying to find them addressed, like what are your insecurities about your body?
Speaker 4: What are you trying to enhance?
Speaker 3: Are you trying to not I don't like using a word hide, but what are you trying to kind of not show off? Because all of us, every human on this earth has some type of insecurity. I don't care Beyonce has insecurities. Okay, Beyonce it I don't like her ears, you know, So everybody have in securities. So you know, everybody's not in the right space in their life to flop their insecurity. So we kind of have to be a little of a psychiatrist and and try to figure out what they need, what they want, what they're looking for. So this one should be a little challenging, but I love challenges, so bring it on. My name is Summer Lucille and I am the owner and founder of Juicy Bodyguddess, a plus sized boutique located in Charlotte, North Carolina, and we also have an online presence. My journey, there was a lot of blood, sweat, tears, trauma, hill lifeing, lifing, even the tears and the pain. Starting in twenty eleven, after losing my mother, losing my corporate job, ventured off to trying to make my dreams and living my dreams and make an impact on people and start a revolution of some type. I was voted most likely to start a revolution in high school, and here I am trying to start a revolution for women and this pushing making them feel better about them self and confidence. I am from Columbus, Ohio. I'm a buck eye. I've been in Charlotte for about seventeen years. So I started my business in twenty eleven. I did hair accessories in fashion from size two to ten. And in twenty sixteen is when it just hit me, I'm plus sized and I can't fit anything in my store. I can't fit anything, and I had to heal and I had to come to terms.
Speaker 4: You're not gonna ever be skinny.
Speaker 3: Stop doing these toxic diets. Be happy in who you are, be comfortable in who you are. And not until I was there in that space is when I was comfortable with being plus size. That's when I said, this is who I am. And there's so many women that need that healing as well. So I think twenty sixteen was a very pivoting point in my life where you know, I'm kind of heal was healing from my mother loss and getting in the swing of being an entrepreneur and understanding myself having the worst heartbreak after eight years of breakup. So and that was so much trauma I went through. And I was just like, I'm happy and who I am, and I'm gonna do plus size.
Speaker 4: It's a need for it. It was just yes all across the board. Yeah.
Speaker 3: What made me fall in love with this store is the store front, literally the front, the glass. I love open glass, the big doors, the chandelier. I think this is three thousand square feet and we have the accessories in the center, the first display table, and then in the back. That's the second thing I fell in love with is the mirror.
Speaker 4: It's like.
Speaker 3: The whole walls mirror. So I love mirrors. If you go to my house, I'm infatuating mirrors too. It has six stressing rooms. I take a lot of pride in my window display like every season, like I'm changing over to Saint Patty's Day here in the second so you'll see all green easter. Like I'm very I take pride into my my window. I'm always on pinchers trying to find other windows, displays and ideals. Then I have plus sized mannequins. I want to use every square footage as a business owner. That's what you have to do, right, But I want it because we're plus sized bodies.
Speaker 5: It can't.
Speaker 4: I get so frustrated.
Speaker 3: Walking through stores and just physically bumping into stuff because I'm a bigger body. So it's enough space where you can walk in, but it's also enough where I'm using my square footage.
Speaker 4: So it's a balance I have to do. Hey, how you doing, Come on in.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Juicy Body gouid Us where you gotta be too something to do something? How you doing good?
Speaker 5: Are you all my nine o'clock?
Speaker 4: Okay, what are you going to?
Speaker 3: Oh you're a prim she's a Prime cassidy. Oh it's says formal on there Prime. That's even better. No, that's okay, that's fine. We were just like we like we like crime better.
Speaker 5: So yeah, okay, let's uh.
Speaker 3: Y'all more than welcome to look around before before we start. I went viral for saying when welcoming customers, you gotta be too something.
Speaker 4: To do something. And it's so funny.
Speaker 3: A lady came in yesterday and I was in the back trying to get ready for prom today and.
Speaker 5: She comes in.
Speaker 4: She's like, I just.
Speaker 3: I'm not two hundred of pounds. Please don't kick me out. I'm just here to donate for the prom for prom girls. She was sock. I'm just like, we love the one something too. I know the social media and it's some videos. I'm kicking them out, but but I would never.
Speaker 4: You know, I love everybody.
Speaker 1: I just love.
Speaker 3: But it's so funny how the when something's coming in like, I'm not too something, but please.
Speaker 4: What's your first name?
Speaker 5: Love?
Speaker 3: Our money, our money from Gary, Indiana came to visit me.
Speaker 4: Is that not a beautiful? Beautiful? And I'm in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Speaker 3: Just a reminder, that's not no little skipping hot that's a flight or one hundred hours in a car?
Speaker 4: Did y'all fly or drive?
Speaker 5: Y'all drove?
Speaker 3: How far?
Speaker 5: How many hours y'all love me? Oh my goodness?
Speaker 3: She wrote eleven hours to sevening today. She picked the trumpet, she picked the A line, and she picked the column straight down. So even though she picked these three, I'm still gonna throw a ball dress in there, and I'll probably still throw in a mermaid again. These are young girls. Nobody knows what they want at sixteen seventeen eighteen. They may think they do, Honey, you don't. So I give her what she wants. I even go into the colors that she's looking for. But it will amaze you how many times they leave out of here with the opposite of what they came in looking for, because again, they never really even tried on a lot of these different styles. So I want them to try something new and different, and so I'm just going to this section. I have every dress. We have hundreds of them, every color from size ten to thirty two, and we have them by style. So that's why you see this pole here. This is going to be our pole where we push out to the floor, hang up the dresses and make sure that we kind of stay organized because it can get real hectic.
Speaker 4: These dresses are heavy.
Speaker 3: There are a lot of material and your arms will burn, and.
Speaker 4: They're really high quality, so they have weight to them.
Speaker 3: And lifting these things up five, ten, fifteen for one client and you got another one coming in another hour, and everybody want a different color, everybody's a different size. But I wouldn't change it for the world. This is what I was born to do. Gus is so adorable to me.
Speaker 4: Look at the are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: The ribbon on the sleeve, the corset, the bony, the sequence, oh my god, the beating like when I seen.
Speaker 4: Her one of the I love just seeing her, pink yelp, actually so excited. I'm just here.
Speaker 5: You want peak and tried to do.
Speaker 3: I bought you one too, all right, you ready, baby? Start? My prom was uh, my prom was terrible. And I tell people like these girls are actually healing the little fat teenager inside of me. I had a date first finding address, and I was like, I wasn't even that big. I was like a twelve.
Speaker 4: Like back then that was a thirty.
Speaker 3: Trying to find formal wear at a size twelve fourteen was just out of this world. And I thought I was fat. I was the fattest of all my friends. Guy asked me. I'm known this guy since elementary, right, we never dated, but he liked me and I.
Speaker 4: Liked him, but we didn't they you know, we're kids.
Speaker 3: So he asked me, like, you want to go to prom? And I'm like okay. He was kind of popular. I was kind of popular too, even though I was a fat girl. He was like do you want to go to prom with me? I'm like, yeah, sure, you know he was cool even when people tease me, he was staying up for me. He was a nice guy. So about two days before, I believe, or the day before, like I'm not going to prom, I'm like, what happened? I drove myself, I took pictures with my family, drove myself, went to prom, and I got there and it was just five of us, like four of my friends. We hung out, we did everything together, and they were very popular. All four of them was on Homecoming court popular right, and he's with one of them to this day. I have no clue one Sepoe or I have to go live on Instagram too. Instagram, I neglect them. Sometimes I build a community like these hundred people I know them now. We'll have sometimes it can get up to like four or five depending that's if it's once she started coming out and people looking, they'll start joining.
Speaker 4: But like, this is like my core group. You know, they're like sisters.
Speaker 5: So okay, love, I.
Speaker 3: Know this is gonna sound weird, and step in for me cause I don't wanna get this on camera.
Speaker 5: Uh, do me a favor and lean forward and push all of your breast.
Speaker 3: Tissue on the side both inside your and then push it over and up there you go, and then hold it up just like that for me.
Speaker 1: Push that side over for me to measure. Then on an hour, I know you.
Speaker 5: Got your mama. Welcome to that broad blessed in a curse.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm tying it pretty tight cause I wanna hold them tire ties up.
Speaker 5: Oh let me let me actually welcome that barrel. Baby. Oh my god, oh my god, come out here, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: She came here for blue and pink, and I said, challenge accepted. Wow, you look like a beautiful princess.
Speaker 5: She came here for pink and blue. And guess what I gave her? Orange? That is so beauty. How how you feel? I love it?
Speaker 4: You love it?
Speaker 5: You are pretty, so beautiful. It's got a split.
Speaker 3: You know. It's not the butterflies. I love the details of the butterflies. It's so goddess. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 4: I never thought about like orange. This is so surreal.
Speaker 5: She and You're like, oh my gosh, that.
Speaker 4: Is so pretty.
Speaker 6: This is why we wanted to come here, to give her opportunity to try on so many different dresses, so you don't have that. I got, you know, regular stories.
Speaker 5: I yes, I love the.
Speaker 6: That's so beautiful.
Speaker 5: Yeah I do too. Oh, come on loving me on ti. And then you surprised me with the next dress. I don't care who you are. They're all bardous. These are all dresses. I haven't seen anybody in it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we just got so that's a grandmother.
Speaker 4: I'm just I'm excited.
Speaker 7: That's her first prom. So I had three, three girls, so they all went to Prome. So now this is my first grand baby going through the proms.
Speaker 5: Another dress, we got, another dress.
Speaker 3: Don't you love a gorgeous Oh my god, she's ye.
Speaker 5: Tell me she don't look like you all day? Don't she look so good?
Speaker 4: Love stress? Oh my gosh, it's so full down.
Speaker 5: You feel like a princident.
Speaker 6: All our cheeks are gonna hurt.
Speaker 5: You're smiling so big.
Speaker 6: Oh my baby, it is worth eleven hours for sure.
Speaker 4: Do it over again.
Speaker 6: Oh I'm so happy.
Speaker 4: Two weeks ago I had to.
Speaker 5: It was nasty.
Speaker 3: I had to really put my foot down for the mother and the grandmother. They was tearing this baby down like we told her to go on a diet.
Speaker 4: Two years ago. What what are you talking about? What are you talking about?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 4: She's seventeen years old, you was telling her two years fifteen. She's supposed to be worried about so much more, you know. And they drove far Where did they drive from? I can't remember where.
Speaker 3: They drove a couple of states over to come here to dress her. They wanted her to wear black because it makes her look slimmer. It was just all the old school, traditional sick diet skinny and it was so What happens is the grandmother passes on her insecurities onto the daughter. The daughter does it to the granddaughter, and it's a vicious sick cycle. She said, this is my daughter. I said, this is my house. You're not gonna talk to her like that in my presence. The daughter tried to pull her back, like you're sitting here talking about her like she's a dog like and you could see it, and the grandmother was just evil.
Speaker 4: You could just see it in the air. It was so heavy.
Speaker 3: The grandmother walked out first, and it was just it was just like I usually tell the mom or the grandmother to chill out, pull them to the side, but they they were lost from the grandmother down, her great great grandmother probably did it to her, and they just pass it down to each other over and old, like, no, it stops here.
Speaker 5: And then when don't come out till you come out with your decision? Okay, all right? Which one?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 5: You picked the orange one?
Speaker 2: But a good decision?
Speaker 1: What a good decision?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 3: Tell me why did you decide to go with this one?
Speaker 5: I just feel like it was made to fit me.
Speaker 4: It went on so easily.
Speaker 8: It wasn't a color I was like expecting to love, but once I saw it on, I was like, I can't let it go, and I kept thinking about it, even with all the other pretty dresses on. And then there's butterflies, and you can't go wrong.
Speaker 5: Yes, princess and butterflies go hand in hand. Yes, this is This is.
Speaker 3: A teenager who said that they came in will not and she wanted pink. She wanted pink, and I need to have I might put this as one of my special powers, convincing teenagers to try different colors.
Speaker 7: That's it.
Speaker 3: I'm putting it on my resume as one of my special powers. But yet I think you made.
Speaker 5: The perfect decision. Congratulations, Let's get the bass start.
Speaker 3: If I could go back in time and my prom and have a experience like this where I can go into.
Speaker 4: A store and look at beautiful dresses.
Speaker 3: And I can fit all of them, that would have changed the whole That would have changed a lot. I would have probably been a little bit more confident. I would have been probably better in picking guys that I was dating, and just would have been a little better. Probably would have went on so many diets, because that's the main reason I wanted to go on a diet, so I can just be normal and fit in normal clothes. That's for me. Other women have different stories and different reasons. Well, for me, I just wanted to be in que clothes because I love fashion. So I think I would have been It would have been a different a different experience.
Speaker 4: But I appreciate all of my experience.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that because out of that pain and that trauma, I was able. I was able to create this, and out of that pain and that trauma, I'm able to connect with the girls and I know what they've been they're going through. Right If I didn't know what they were going through, I don't think I would have that deep connection like I do.
Speaker 5: Everybody wanted the orange.
Speaker 4: You know, it's five eighty.
Speaker 3: Nine, but you got to keep your car because somebody donated all of it.
Speaker 5: So y'all, I ain't paying nothing today. Oh God, God is so good. M Victoria Victoria donated everything. She's such a stright ice student.
Speaker 8: It's like amazing. I didn't have the money to get her drive.
Speaker 5: And my parents helped out.
Speaker 6: They drove us down here.
Speaker 7: It feels so good.
Speaker 4: It's not a single.
Speaker 8: Mom, and it especially like driving this far.
Speaker 5: It's just she was amazing.
Speaker 8: I was worried about even being able to get it, but the fact that people were just nice enough to care that much and donate just makes me really appreciate it due And I just can't believe it. I never thought this would happened, that I came off home with this dress.
Speaker 3: I have hundreds of thank you cards, and this one is special to me.
Speaker 4: And I'm gonna tell you why. Yanna came in and.
Speaker 3: She her mom passed away about two or three weeks before her prom, and she came in with her big sister, and uh, she wanted to, you know, get a dressed, but money was a little shy.
Speaker 4: Of course, a lot.
Speaker 3: Has happened, and her sister was like, well, I get paid on Friday. Next Friday, can you hold a dress? And I'm like, I hold it. I usually don't, but I'll hold it.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: I'll give them to my poker face, right, so I they end up even I chase them down the mall with the dress. Give them the dress. Everybody in the hall every I got a video. Everybody's crying. Everybody people that in the hallway.
Speaker 4: Everybody's trying.
Speaker 3: And a couple days later, she dropped this card off to me. She said, thank you for making my sister prime memorable. You guys made sure she was comfortable at all times and pulled out some amazing dresses. Everything hasn't been easy, but we have made it work. We love and appreciate you guys. And then she writes on that's the sister that came in. Thank you so much for making this experience so memorable. The last couple months has been hard, but you may one day shine through it all. You are a blessing to my journey and overall life. Thank you for all that you and Cassidy do for me and other girls like me. Love Ayana, so I mean, I love all the cars, but for them to handmad this and then the little butterflies, it's just it meant a lot to me.
Speaker 7: I just first want to thank God. I do that is yes, And I always tell them it's like, you know what, because of who you are in Christ, you never know what God to do. It doesn't matter where you're at. But I know that she is a straight A student from the eighth grade all the way to her senior year. And it's just like saying nothing but the best for her, nothing but the best. That's it, nothing but the best. And there's more to come. There's so much more to come. There's so much more to come. So I just give God the glory the only granddaughter, the oldest grand child, you know, and there's more to come. And I always say nothing but the best for our grandkids.
Speaker 3: Nothing today was such so loving. It was such like you know, the Hermiani got a really big future ahead of her because she has so many people that love her and have a bright future for her. She has such a beautiful support and it's not about money. Financial finances has nothing to do with it. She had somebody that would drive hours, she had somebody that was like I don't got it, but we'll make it happen. That's what little girls need. People throwing money at their kids, that's not gonna work. You know, you need time and they need to know they have somebody that loved them. So yeah, I had to tell them.
Speaker 4: I just I couldn't do it. I couldn't help them.
Speaker 3: Ladies from a couple of weeks ago, it was so disgusting how they talked to that child. I would not let nobody and it's me and I probably should mind my business even if I'm in the street. There's been times where a man is talking to his wife and I gotta jump in. I can't just be quiet. I won't sleep tonight. Don't let him talk to you like that, and I'll walk off. I have to say something. I don't care where I'm at, I don't care if I know you or not. I'm not gonna let you bash or talk down to somebody. And that's the first step of having self confidence is making sure you don't have somebody around you tear you down constantly.
Speaker 4: Like how you get so confident.
Speaker 3: I have people around that love me and poor positive energy and love and words, and to me, I don't have people around me that's tearing me down. How you build your confidence? And you got a husband or a friend, or a sister or mom that's constantly tearing you down, how do you build your confidence? You can't get them away from you. I don't care divorce, cut mom off, whatever you need to do.
Speaker 5: Just don't know the best job ever. And I want y'all to drive home safely, okay.
Speaker 4: I want you all to enjoy yourself.
Speaker 5: I want you to have a good time. Okay, already like a rock star. Yes, well, this is just the beginning. Life is good, okay, life is good.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, definitely, yes, please send me Okay, baby, I appreciate you.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 5: You ever need anything, I'm here, okay, okay, all right, don't have a little you don't enjoy your And Charlotte is a beautiful thank you.
Speaker 1: It's eleven, twenty six pm. I'm just now whining down for my day. I was able to accomplish a lot today. Then I was able to go to the grocery store today, which is pretty sweet. I always enjoy doing personal things in my life, and I'm able to cook dinner and prep my meals for the week. Now I'm just sitting here and my wine down time, my me time, I call it.
Speaker 3: I'll usually just get on TikTok and watch some funny videos and YouTube until I fall asleep, and I'll wake up about.
Speaker 4: Three or four and do it all over again. But today was very It was a good day
Speaker 1: And I'll do it again tomorrow and a day after