Speaker 1: Shallow Internet, and welcome to Season two eighty three, Episode three of The Daily Zeitgeist. This is still a production of iHeartRadio, and it is that motherfucking podcast where we take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness. It's Wednesday, April nineteenth. I'm gradually gonna bring my volume higher because I do have my son with me. Okay, let's just get into it. It's Wednesday, April nineteenth, twenty twenty three. You said, what day is that. I know that as four twenty minus one, the day is upon us. But it's also National Hanging Out Day, and I think it's for people that hang dry their laundry. Shout out all the people of color, immigrant people that come to this country who don't fuck with dryers, because we hang that shit. Also, my mom was like, it keeps the colors looking way better when you're not hitting it with the dryer heat. So it's also National Garlic Day, Love garlic, secure all for everything, National Banana Day, some other shit, a couple of states, whatever it is, what it is. My name is Miles Gray aka Big Daddy Gray, father of the Guys child who is with me in the studio. I just want to bring him into the framely quick you hear that. This is oh, this is my baby. So this is for the people on the call that can see him. For the guy's shout hello, say something, yeah, no, okay, he's silent. He's silent. That's okay. I don't want to I don't want to inspire too much noise out of him. But I am doing this podcast with my son in my arms because I'm just I'm just trying to do it all right now. Shout out to first of all, Shout out to all the motherfucking parents out there. This ship is a fucking commitment and like I realized how quickly I would start sounding like a fucking Hallmark ad B being like the real people that dedicate themselves day and day out, these parents. Shout out to my parents, your parents, and if you're a parent, I fuck with you, because this ship is not easy, but very fulfilling. Anyway, I'm thrilled to be joined by my co host with the most allow me to welcome. Oh oh yeah, you like her too. I know she's a fantastic producer, podcast host, film critic, activists. I'll say, just a general person about town. Please welcome to the microphone, Joe Elbonies, thank.
Speaker 2: You, Miles and geist Baby, what a lovely.
Speaker 3: Introduction aka Cinema Princess the Lipstick don.
Speaker 2: A DC lover who James Gunn does with that bad bitch. Yeah, it's good to be here.
Speaker 1: Hello, Oh, good to have you. Good to have you. And look, let's let's just jump right into it. Our guest today is a fantastic podcaster. You may know her from her Fantastic Show partition. H was much talked about and also one of our first Next Up fellows and also a programmer of film festivals, a writer, filmmaker, documentarian. I'm running out of hyphens as well for this person, so please welcome to the microphone. Our guest today, nehaz Hi.
Speaker 4: What out introduction and thank you?
Speaker 1: He liked that too. When I screamed your name, his body just did a whole convulsion. So love it. We love it. Yeah, how are you? What's new? It's been a minute since we've had you on, and I'm sited.
Speaker 4: The podcast is complete.
Speaker 5: It ended in October and like when last time I was here, I think it was I think only maybe two episodes had come out, so it's been it's been a second, and yes, I am going to be a filmmaker. I'm making my first film in the summer, shooting in Austin, which we luck it's gonna be awful shooting your law in Texas in the summer. But yeah, so I'm very excited to make my directorial debut at the short film. And you know, look out for that crowdfunding campaign going to happen next month. You know it's api month two, so you know that can be one of your good deeds.
Speaker 1: To help the go. So yep, Well, what is this a film that you're writing or you're just directing?
Speaker 4: Writing directing?
Speaker 1: Okay, I just want to make sure because I don't want you to tell yourself short. So you're writing and directing this? Yes, can you give us a little like inspiration?
Speaker 5: So it's like just like a slice of life story between two South Asian characters who haven't seen each other in over a decade. They knew each other in college, you know, but obviously like life happens and they know they're in their early thirties and the female character has stayed in Austin since graduating, and the male character has has like since moved but is now moving back to Austin, and I just kind of wanted to imagine a narrative where like two people may have a potential second chance at something. It could be a friendship, it could be a relationship. It just could be like a random encounter. And then I kind of use like the dentrification of Austin as a passage.
Speaker 4: Of time and it's slice.
Speaker 5: Of life story dialogue driven just you know, like thirteen minutes.
Speaker 4: Hopefully it won't be a disaster, but no.
Speaker 1: Great.
Speaker 3: I love a slice of life, like the genre in general, and I feel like, particularly in America, there aren't enough sizes of life there. They're like, what's the point of the story to love these characters?
Speaker 2: And the dialogue that was really for your.
Speaker 1: Exactly right, Yeah, there's the robot. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I also want to point out that, like people of color have the same struggles too, Like we have trouble with our jobs, We have undercomminded love that is not unique to white people. It transcends boundaries and backgrounds and religions and culture, so we're also regular people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I love how yeah whenever there's like those are some of the best films too, especially from like from an audience standpoint as a person of color, when you see those are like, yeah, treat this shit as normal rather than trauma porn exactly. Yeah, we'd be buying shit too, you know. And some people get our orders wrong at restaurants and sometimes we don't want to send it back to Okay, we can have little scenes like that also without being like and is this a magical negro or just a slice of life. We're just regular people out here. Well, that's dope, and I can't wait to hear more about that back as you get that move in, we are going to get to know you better. Nah in a second. But first let's tell people some of the stories that we're going to be tuning in to. First, the NRA convention happened over the weekend, and you know, just with the sheer number of shootings that we're hearing about from, you know that one young man who was shot in the head because he knocked on the wrong door, to a twenty year old woman who was shot and killed because their car pulled into the wrong house. They were like looking for another house or some shit. I mean, gun violence is obviously at all time high, but that didn't stop the ghouls over at the NRA, So we'll just see what the fuck was going on over there while all of this terrible nonsense is happening around the country, you know, truly at the hands of their lobbying efforts. And then we'll make a move on down to the state of Florida where Ron DeSantis is taking on the mouse. Okay, he's going for like what is his round three or some shit, trying to fight Disney because they just don't agree with him. We'll just check in with the state of that relationship. And we'll also talk about the Joe Biden mass conspiracy, because that shit is back where people were like, this guy got a mask on and they're like showing him scratches like old neck skin. I'm like, yeah, an old neck skin be doing that. It's not a fucking mass So we will touch on that. But before we do all that, got to ask you, Naha Aziz, what is something from your search history?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 5: So I was living my best life on Saturday night and I made pasta and watch the animated film Anastasia.
Speaker 1: They love.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's on Hulu if people want to watch it and just have a really fucking great time. And so I kind of went through a rabbit hole of looking with the legend of Innastasia and like how like she actually wasn't missing and they have found like remains and just kind of went through there. And then I went through another rabbit hole because of that looking at Aliyah because she's sang one of the songs from the soundtrack, and so then I was looking at the plane crash. I don't know, I just like went on a bunch of crazy things. So this all started with a very non accurate film about Anastasia that is so great.
Speaker 4: Do all of this?
Speaker 1: I want to take it point by point. You made pasta? What kind of pasta? What kind of sauce?
Speaker 4: I made a vodka pasta? Reggaetoni? Amazing?
Speaker 1: Riggitone okay? And then wait, so I mean I remember when Anastasia came out. It was was that like ninety four or something like that, Oh, ninety seven, okay, So I was like ninety four was usually like when I became cynical as a kid, And I was like, that's for babies. So what what like? And I saw and I saw you Joel too, you jumped up when you heard Anastasias. Is that like, is that like a whole vibe.
Speaker 3: Jope is princesses. Here's the thing until Anastasia comes out. All princesses are romantic interests. So essentially, except for maybe the Little Mermaid, she's kind of got her own, Like Dan, She's doing a thing down there because of her romance, and so that's kind of like messy. Anastasia is out here living in these streets.
Speaker 2: You gotta work hard. It's like a whole struggle for her.
Speaker 3: And then it kind of plays into this like as a kid, I really wanted someone to come along and be like yo, secret princess who knew oh yeah, or like the secret room or like a secret I wanted a weird, like giant reveal for my life as a child. And so anytime in a movie I was like, this is the greatest thing to ever happen.
Speaker 2: The soundtrack Bonker's good.
Speaker 3: It's a great movie, awesome dresses, A plus A plus film, like, yeah, every.
Speaker 4: Song is a banger.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: She has a cute little puppy Puka. I think that like follows her around. Also it's rated G, which.
Speaker 2: Which is crazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yes, I don't know the NPAA or I guess NPA now was thinking because I'm like, I'm looking at this stuff at like thirty two and I'm like, this is fucking.
Speaker 2: Scary and that little bat are so yes, and.
Speaker 5: I'm like, you feel like bones and like body parts, and I'm like, how was this rated?
Speaker 2: G like historical?
Speaker 1: It's probably yeah, rated for gangsters, that's what they were thinking back then.
Speaker 5: Probably, But yeah, it was great time Saturday night here at my house.
Speaker 1: Right. I love that? And you also evoked at Leah's name. You know I got also every time I hear it, I want more. Give me some more damn cook up some damn ai Aliyah tracks. Please. We were talking about this on the show yesterday, but like, I want to hear Marvin Gaye, uh, just just body the Weekends catalog. I want to hear something like that. Yes, yes, yes, those are the kinds of things that I'm always like, when an artist passes away, You're like, damn, I wonder what they would be doing right now with it? Yeah, because I don't, man, I know she'd be killing it anyway. Enough about that, now, what is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 5: The trailer for the Idol came out yesterday and I'm just like, I don't know, it's just like Leson Man, like, Okay, I love Euphoria. I think there's obviously some issues with Euphoria, especially Barbie Frere's character. I love Kat and so it breaks my heart that she's not going to be in the new season. But I totally get why because she wasn't getting good stuff and just hearing all the horror stories from like their set, and just.
Speaker 4: Like how like what was supposed to be like this.
Speaker 5: Really kind of feminist story kind of turned into like torture porn and like anti feminist stuff. So you know, like I'm gonna I'm gonna say, like a light overrated is Sam Levinson? So yeah, I'm like, I'm the creator of that show along with others.
Speaker 4: He took over as the director, but I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was just like all of these shows on HBO are getting canceled, so many like POC stories, so many things taken off streaming, and then I think this was reshot for like millions and millions of dollars, and I'm just like, oh, so he just gets a free pass to do whatever, but then let's cancel this Chronicles.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's crazy show too.
Speaker 2: It's really good. They didn't give it any kind of chances.
Speaker 3: It's the show that before the Discovery merger happened with Warner Brothers, they almost certainly would have been like, let's give it another season and see if you can find it. Like The Spookies doesn't have a huge audience, but it's very impact to its audience people who do show up, and it's yeah, to your point, like, you know, we've heard a lot of former black and brown executives who were let go at Warner Brothers, you know, have let us know, like there's an agenda out here to get rid of us at this company, which is not surprising because they're doing a ton of downsizing and then you see where they're spending their millions. It's confusing because after they dropped that little scene with the Weekend and Johnny Depp's daughter, I was like, is this is this?
Speaker 2: This is what we're doing? This is it this right here?
Speaker 1: Wasn't it like so filled with like really graphic depictions of like sexual assault and violence that they had to cut it out to be.
Speaker 5: Like a lot of like people on the crew were like, this set is like a whole lot to be on and it's just like, you know, like what this story once was has now disintegrated into like, you know, someone okay with being like abused and assaulted for like.
Speaker 4: The music is the understanding that I have.
Speaker 5: And yeah, I was watching I saw that trailer and I was just like, yeah, I don't know, like maybe I'll be proven wrong, but I was just like, dude, like that girl is being exposed left right, center, right right.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I heard that. All right, Well, now let's move on to maybe greener pastures. What is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 5: I was at a party for my friend's birthday on Sunday, and I don't remember the context in which this conversation started, but we're talking about like Jurassic Park, Jurassic World, and you know, I was saying that Jurassic Park three I think is a little underrated.
Speaker 1: Is it true?
Speaker 4: No, it's not ungreat no better than the second one?
Speaker 5: Yes, And like just like one breaks my heart because I'm like it is directed by Steven Spielberg.
Speaker 1: Hey, and also got the homegirl Vanessa le Chester in there my a Once Day one. She's in that two at playing Jeff Goldblum's daughter, So I was she.
Speaker 2: Love that baby.
Speaker 3: She's obviously a full woman now, but back then the Jurassic Park.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, a little princess which she broke my heart.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, she wasn't a little princess. Another another save that speaker Garden. I do love maybe maybe Saturday Night.
Speaker 4: Yeah it's a feature right full.
Speaker 1: Wait, So Jurassic Park three is the one where like the Dad they were like doing like a paragliding trip and then the pterodactyls like shredded them up and then like then she's like I gotta go find my baby on the island.
Speaker 2: Right yeah.
Speaker 5: So again not great, but like I'm thinking back to like like The Lost World, which is the second one, and I'm like Steven Spielberg convinced Michael Crichton to make a sequel, which he doesn't do, and then they didn't book and then this dinosaur ends up in San Diego and whatever, and I was just like, yeah, I'm not even going to talk about Jurassic but I was just like, you know what, Jassic fake. It's a lot of hate trust Park three, but I'm like it's really I was like, you know, the raptors.
Speaker 4: Take the front center. I was like, yeah, and see the meals in this one. And then the second one, you know.
Speaker 1: William, Oh yeah, he's the dad, right, yeah, yeah, the dad.
Speaker 3: And I really like the relationship between like this mom and dad who were just so distraught and trying to find their kid. And then and the kid's even great too, like his whole storyline, like no, I'm an adventure I can get out here and like exploring it.
Speaker 2: I was information.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: Jassic Park three holds up much better than we remember. It's just it was hard at the time because the first one is such a masterclasses. And then for whatever reason, probably budget, they were like, the dinosaurs have to look as good is the first time. Well, we can cut some corners. You're like, but what remember the giant breathing triceratops.
Speaker 2: You guys doing that?
Speaker 1: I know, ABK, we can't do that just for one breathing static thing to make the stomach go up and down.
Speaker 2: We need seven puppet asks to pull that off.
Speaker 1: We spent three hundred thousand on fake dinosaur shit, Okay, we can't do this against Stephen. That was one of my favorite parts in Jurassic Park, when when Ellie just gets in that pile of ship with those like elbow high yeah and she's like, oh yeah, And I was like yo. As a kid, I was like, where'd they get all that ship? With that? Being like it could have been mud or like any manure industrial industrially bought. Anyway, that's from my mind.
Speaker 4: Was you're really like molding that mud?
Speaker 1: I'm like that was probably yeah, that has to be real ship. Yeah, they probably just went to like a zoom They're like, hey, man, can we get some of your ship for this movie?
Speaker 2: Absolutely not maybe noting digging around to real ship.
Speaker 1: Hey if she's about that life.
Speaker 4: Yeah what if she?
Speaker 5: What if she was like this needs to be real ship and wants to be like full on like maybe she was met that on that sat We don't know.
Speaker 1: She was like, you built this amazing world, Stephen, This this whole park, this world in which dinosaurs are alive and we're interacting with them, And I just I feel like you're really cutting corners with fake shit here. I really feel like we just need to do that. Okay, well, enough about fake shit. We'll talk about real shit the news right after this.
Speaker 6: We'll be right back, and we're back, and the geist child stays asleep, and we're very blessed for that.
Speaker 1: Even though I'm screaming in his ear about fake shit. Let's move on to talk about the NRA really quick. The convention happened over the weekend. Already over the weekend there were two mass shooting and it would have looked really bad for the NRA. We just hosted their annual convention full of presidential hopefuls. I guess maybe if there were more shootings. But again, of course they were not going to delay it. When there is a mass shooting in America, it seems like it happens all the time. I feel like they had one right after Parkland also, and it was just like yo, the timing anyway, So this year's convention was full of just next level evil, diabolical or shit. Christy Nome, the governor of North Dakota, signed a gun friendly executive order during her speech because she is a stunt queen. And then Bragg, I'm just gonna let I'm just gonna let you hear her talk about like her NRA cred right after she's signed a terrible like gun bill just so just so the people in the back and here you know, this is this is how she gets down little.
Speaker 7: Miss Addie, who is almost two in branch who's just a few months.
Speaker 1: Old, her grandkids.
Speaker 7: They have brought us so much joy, They brought us purpose.
Speaker 1: I love that she's already bringing up grandchildren. And I'm a parent, who I think of how much joy that has brought from my kids. Okay, I hopefully she's going about that's why we need to protect them and get guns away from these little.
Speaker 7: Kids, now, addie, who you know soon will need them. I want to read it was she already has a shotgun and she already has a rifle.
Speaker 2: Pause, How in the hell is a two year old holding a shotgun?
Speaker 1: It was, She's not, she's not.
Speaker 2: The recoil would break her face open. What Yeah, it.
Speaker 1: Would be right. I mean again, this is this is the kind of non And then she goes hold on, but she softens that with this little tidbot too.
Speaker 4: She's got a.
Speaker 7: Little pony named Sparkles too.
Speaker 1: So the girl is oh good, So she's a so y'all got horse money and you put guns around your two year old baby?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, great, super good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just a very interesting I just it's so funny when these people go and like have to underline their cred with the nra to be like, and I leave my granddaughter around loose bullets and guns because that's her right, you know what I mean. And people are like, yeah, that's that's the sound.
Speaker 3: Completely ignore all the statistics about how having guns in your house making your child is much much much more likely to just die by gun violence.
Speaker 2: Ridiculous.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have a niece who's too and I'm just like imagining her very cute but truly a terror, like imagining her with a gun, and I'm just like, with a gun, I was like, she can't avoid sharp edges, Like how was she gonna like or like use a marker properably right now?
Speaker 4: It's like, how is she going to be?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah'll we fucking load this?
Speaker 1: Like and the gun humps will tell you it's not for the baby to use. Now. It's like a family thing that you just get for them. It's like a college trust fund. It's like, yeah, I gotten for you when you were two, so you can use it when you're four, six year old?
Speaker 4: Who just used the gun?
Speaker 1: So I'm like yeah at a school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I'm just like, well, yeah, so kids accidentally shoot and kill their siblings because they had access to a gun that was loaded, because loading a gun is is a challenge.
Speaker 2: It's not easy to do.
Speaker 3: Children don't have the dexterity to do it. But if that safety is off, it takes nothing to just shoot a gun. And every kid, I mean playing Cops and Robbers, since you had the enough imagination to play a.
Speaker 1: Game, you know what I mean, you could do this with your hand, since you could make your fingers a gun.
Speaker 3: So they have no idea, and you know, they have no idea, like what their life is worth, what it means to die, like, it's just it's horrible to allow them access to something that could fundamentally change their lives in a horrific way.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, luckily, once we had that wonderful bit of information from Christy Nome, we had Mike Pence show up the second heat the stage. They just started booing because again they all see him as a trader to Donald Trump, or at least the people that were booing. But you know what's wild. During his speech, and we didn't cover this on trends, he did address the problem of mass shooting mass shootings, and he actually has a solution. Let me just read this quote from him. Quote I believe the time has come to institute a federal death penalty statute with an accelerated appeal to ensure those who engage in mass shooting space execution in months, not years. Case closed. Okay, that's his idea, more death, prevent death with more death. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love the idea of being like, so, don't steal my rights to have this gun, but your right to a speedy and save trial, screw it.
Speaker 2: Who needs it?
Speaker 1: And on top of it, also like, just for the morbid fact that many of like more than half of mass shooter's quote end up dead at this scene of their crime, right, you know, And a lot of experts say, when you deal with people that are motivated by ideology, punishment is not an effective deterrent. No, because they're not. That's not what they're motivated by. But okay, go off, Mike Pence. I'm glad you and Karen, your literal wife, Karen maybe came up with that over Big Max or something, you know. Ben Donald Trump took the stage and he absolutely fucking melted my brain with how ignorant everything was. First of all, he called himself the most pro gun president in history, and he claimed that he would create a fucking If he was elected, he would create a tax credit to reimburse teachers who want to bring blamers into the classroom.
Speaker 2: Blamers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I added that colloquial phrase for guns for a handgun. Yeah yeah, yeah. But if hey, if you want to bring it, we can give you a tax deduction because you should have a concealed firearm in the classroom. And again, every teacher with a brain has been saying, we already wear nine million hats as teachers. Do not add law enforcement or armed security to our list of tasks. We already do like we're already we're raising these kids. Not to say that like for you, but that's what is happening when you go to school. Your teachers are so pivotal in your upbringing and your education that like to add on top of that, and also I hope you're good with the steel too, is just absolutely do and it's not multiple.
Speaker 2: Things, multiple things.
Speaker 3: So the very last school shooting had armed guards didn't do shit. Did not help because these are some almost always semi automatic weapons. So you know, if it's surprised I have a gun, it's a semi automatic and I can kill you in two point five because those bullets do a shit ton of damage.
Speaker 2: What it's not helped.
Speaker 3: It's like it's there's no cognitive process that says this is helpful. I spoke to a teacher the other day who was going through active shooter drills with their class, and they were saying that, like all of the advice they're given at the end, there's always a caveat, which is an active shooting situation, you have no idea how you'll react. So if you run, fine, if you want to find a place to hide, okay, there's literally no like solid advice other than trying to hide or get away as fast as possible. But it's a lone shooter, like you don't know where they're gonna be. There's not that kind of communication. And beyond all of that, as all of us in here are black and brown, people have probably had experience with a racist ass teacher. I don't want a teacher to suddenly pop off and think like Lil Jamal is acting up and needs to be taught a lesson in this moment because they're heated and frustrated because they don't have enough funding to support their class, Like this is just crazy. How many cops in schools. If we've seen like body slam children over.
Speaker 1: Literally nothing like this a.
Speaker 2: Huge destentence for many more children.
Speaker 1: Like it's so dumb.
Speaker 2: It's so dumb.
Speaker 3: What if a KNT gets a hold of that gun? Like there's it's like there's no cognitive thought around, like what happened?
Speaker 1: Real fucking talk? First off, Like I had a teacher who I remember, she fucking yelled at me because I threw a west Side in a photo and was like, I did try to treat me like I was a gang member in front of all my classmates.
Speaker 2: Great that your clothes were representing some kind of game.
Speaker 1: I went like this, I just threw a wetaw you know we out here, And it was like she fucking humiliated me in front of the entire class. If she had a gun, I don't know she would have been like, oh my god, he's a gang member. I'm like, I'm fucking twelve and the west Side Connection album just came out? What the fuck do you want me to do? And then also that was me, Like I remember I had a teacher busted her ankle when she wasn't looking, I grabbed her crutches and I was like fucking dancing off and ship. I had another teacher who was like also had a leg surgery and had like a like a personal like mobility device, like a scooter. You better believe I fucking hijacked that motherfucker and was bending corners in the classroom and I got in trouble. But all have to say is absolutely, there are definitely you know, kids are fucking curious and they don't they don't know better anyway. But back to Trump's speech, he goes on to say that again this very familiar refrain that mass shootings are quote not a gun problem, but quote this is a mental health problem. This is a social problem, this is a cultural problem. It's a spiritual problem. Okay, asshole, And what are your mental health, social, cultural, and spiritual solutions to this issue? Otherwise, shut your fucking mouth. It's nonsense, and it's just you're just hitting people with like a very thought killing tidy answer to avoid reckoning with art the gun proliferation in this country. And then he goes on to suggest again he somehow ties it all together with some transphobia, because he said he would order the FDA to investigate quote whether transgender hormone treatments and ideology increase the risk of extreme depression, aggression, and even violence. Again, the depression and things like that come from being in a society that is so transphobic, not because of the idea you're not you're trying to treat shit like it's fucking like religious extremism or some shit. And then he said, I think already most of us know the answer, don't we. Okay, Again, the vast majority of mass shooters are white. This meant the beast majority. Well, but if you're even looking at a population share of like what like what percentage transgender people make up, it's not enough to be able to say that this is even close. So shut, it's just like so infuriating that again they're pivoting to this to try and motivate more transphobs to have like a take that they can you know, go into next Thanksgiving with.
Speaker 3: Well, they have to rile up their base because we're seeing like a lot of seeing people starting to be like what we're sure the racism and stuff, and you know, maybe we don't want our children to be trans. But this level of attention, uh and dedication specifically to trans people is exhausting and weird. Uh, and not at all addressing any of the actual issues I live with daily.
Speaker 1: You know, well, hopefully this I can just point to these things of like societal progress as a smoke screen to avoid like real substance policy changes. But that's part of, you know, maintaining the status quo in this country, unfortunately. And then the other thing that Donald Trump came for on the eve of four twenty he said, uh, he said, the other thing that's leading to mass shootings. It ain't guns, it's weed. Stop it genetically he said, it's genetically engineered marijuana.
Speaker 3: Okay, GM marijuana is amazing. How dare he get out of here? I love my leaf here, dark and purple weed that was hydroponically with GMOs.
Speaker 2: Nothing wrong with Donald.
Speaker 1: The try combs. Have you seen the tricombs on these buzz motherfucker you idiot? This ship is straight fire, bro, I'm not I'm this gas now. Also, this was getting.
Speaker 3: High and to start shooting, it's gonna be so much confusion and chaos. That's not gonna help you on your Mission's smoke a.
Speaker 5: Bole and be like, oh yeah, let me get a gun. They're like, no, let me get some taco. Bell that's what they're gonna do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me down, let me play Ghost of Tushima on PlayStation, let me do that shit. But he said he will vow to quote get to the sickness that we're seeing in our country. I think Baron started smoking weed. I think that's where I just came from. He's like, what's what's wrong with him? He calls me a dick, He called me head ass dad or something. I don't know what that means. He must be smoking weed or something. That feels like where that came from. And then also, just like the images from the entire event would also make your heart stop because the amount of photos you see of like little kids out here just playing with handguns, playing with assault rifles that are like again too big for their bodies. It's just it's just like so fucking just heart It's just disheartening and heartbreaking because again, like to your point, being in a house with guns, can it exponentially raises your chances of dying by a gun? Anyway, Let's move on to another presidential hopeful, Ron DeSantis, who is continuing his streak of the worst fucking policy ideas ever. Earlier in the week, we mentioned how his biggest donors are reaching their limits because even they can see that running on a no rights for anyone is not an attractive platform, especially for like the very regular everyday American and some might say even most people in Florida, despite his popularity there. And well, now Ron is living or now Ron is you know, really laying his claim to the title of dumbest fuck of them all with his newly energized attacks on Disney, And we knew, okay, it all started when Disney was vocally opposed, albeit a little late. I will say to DeSantis' you know, anti LGBTQ legislation, he said he might in response to them being like, oh, this is fucking trash man, you should change that, he said, oh, well, we might have to take a look at your very favorable tax situation that the state of Florida has given you for decades now and then will Disney, because they are a massive corporation and they're the master of the dark arts of capitalism, they got their army of lawyers to skull fuck DeSantis and the state by making their lordship over their special tax district basically permanent, or at the very least until Kate and William's last child dies, and then twenty one years after that, they put a royalty clause into the fucking into the bill to be like, this is how long we'll be running this shit without your interference. So now DeSantis is big mad and he's talking a big game, and even his flunkies in the state legislature are They're now being like, all right, that's it, We're gonna fucking destroy Disneyland. In room one of this is State Rep. Carolina and a MESSI said it's time for Disney executives to have a sober conversation and retake the company from the radical ideologies that have hijacked it. You are in the business of entertaining children and families. You are not in the business of social re engineering or promoting radical political ideologies. And if you think you are, we have good news for you. As our great governor has said, Florida is a place where woke goes to die. Good. Look.
Speaker 3: Wow, imagine attacking one of two things your state is known for and being like, we got to get rid.
Speaker 2: Old people move there to die.
Speaker 1: I think Florida.
Speaker 2: I'm like, it's Disney World, and that's where old people go to die.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 2: That's all I ever think about.
Speaker 3: Maybe Miami will cross my mind, but I'm not a Miami girl.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: It's not the city where I go to party. I just think it's.
Speaker 1: Wait, where do you go to party?
Speaker 2: Where would I go to party? Chicago? People enjoy dancing to music.
Speaker 1: I love all white. You don't wear all white white.
Speaker 3: I don't like going to any place where the idea is to be seen, right, Like when I.
Speaker 1: Went to club, I mean, everybody.
Speaker 3: Is standing around and the DJ seems half interesting in this job.
Speaker 2: That's not fun for me.
Speaker 1: The DJ is playing a pre recorded set list. Let's be real, he's acting like that's all cap up. Therefore it's a pre recorded mix. Anyway. Let me so to your point, right, why the fuck would you go after Disney World? But here again, here's Ron DeSantis, who you can tell he's like at that point where this is really interesting too, because for all the things that he's been able to navigate as governor or controversies, he's been able to like, you know, get what he wants because he's in a state that is the Republican has just control over every single chamber of consequence, and like, right, now he's clearly he seems frazzled because he doesn't really have a good way to like counter. He's just like, well, I guess we're gonna have to take away your tax exemption. And everyone's like what And he seems a little so listen to him now, really talk about He's like, oh, well, I guess I got some ideas.
Speaker 8: So if you look at this whole special District, well, Disney Corporation obviously owns a lot of it, but the district owns other lamb. You know, quite frankly, I wasn't even thinking about that, lamb. This was not something that was really important one way or another. We just wanted them to live on the same rules. Pay the debt, pay the taxes, all that stuff. Oh but come to think of it, now people are like, well, there's what should we do with the slam and so you know, it's like, okay, kids, I mean people have said, you know, maybe maybe have another maybe create a state park, maybe try to do more amusement parks.
Speaker 1: Well I'm sorry, your first idea is to build a competing theme park next to fucking Disney World. Okay, yeah, buddy, but that wasn't even that wasn't even the bad idea. I'll just to there. I'm like, yeah, yeah, for sure, build a competing fucking theme park. Ask Universal Studios how that's going.
Speaker 8: Someone even said like, maybe you need another state prison.
Speaker 1: Who knows.
Speaker 8: I mean, I just think that the possibilities are.
Speaker 1: Are what the fuck? So his thing is, oh, y'all okay, so y'all don't fight fair, I'll build a fucking penitentiary next to the place where people bring their kids from all over the fucking world and country. It's just like a very like what what does he think? Already he has donors fleeing because they're like, man, your position on abortion is so fucked up, Like there's no way even me as a goony gop mega donor, is like I can even tell that is not the fucking way to get into office, Like you got to know where actual people are and to be like the place where people aspire to go on vacations to. You want to completely fucked And I'm not trying to hear I'm not caping for the sanctity of Disney World. I'm just saying, like, does he even have any idea of like the financial impact on his own fucking state. If he's trying to tear that shit down. Probably yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: There are one hundred and twenty eight state prisons in Florida, fifty major institutions, fifteen annex is, seven private facilities, which are contracts for private facilities overseen by the Florida Department of Management and Services. Twenty work camps. We have to go back and analyze more what that means later, three.
Speaker 2: Re entrance, two road prisons.
Speaker 3: Forestry camps, and one basic training camp. There are twenty one million people that live in Florida, so per million people, they have a prison.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, but hey, maybe they need another one, and that'll teach this need a to side with the rest of society to be like yeah, like eight is not like not even a good business model. And we're fucking Disney, We're cheap as shit. We're not trying to fucking next to a place.
Speaker 3: Called the Happiest place on Earth that provides so many tourism dollars for the state of Florida. Again, Republicans for a very long time have built their foundation off of hate. It's a really easy way to say, hey, you know, we'll gather our white supremacist base.
Speaker 2: That'll be good.
Speaker 3: We'll trick some other people into joining us and you know, appropriate the model minority myth and it'll be great.
Speaker 2: They always do this.
Speaker 3: There's like no cop through line of like how does this long term help us? It's just constant, like small burst of rage and you're like you want to do this because you're you can't just recreate another Disney experience like that is so many years in family history and like you can't buy that kind of promotion.
Speaker 2: You can't replace it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well he's trying. He's trying, but you know what, not possible. So okay, I just want to make sure. So Joel, you say, not a good plan to try and be the face of being the destroyer of Disney World. He's not a good plan. Just want to check in. Not a good time, right?
Speaker 3: You feel like Floridians, you know, if there anything like Californians who are you know some people are like the guys a friend who's like, that's my home, Like they moved around so much as a kid. They were really poor, but every year their parents got enough money to go to Disneyland and that is their their space.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just I can't imagine being like this is really going to help my campaign, Like it's going to be so good if I go after the people who made childhood classics for literally everyone alive. They're not a person alive who didn't grow up with some sort of Disney movie.
Speaker 1: All right, Nell, what about you? Where are you at? If you're a consultant, you ton rond to sant this great idea, Ron? Or No, I would say.
Speaker 4: Great idea if like I would say a great idea if I think like, yeah, this is fucking stupid, and I want to see.
Speaker 5: What it's like for you to pitch this idea.
Speaker 1: But yeah, go ahead, go ahead. Yeah, well this is wild too, because anyway, right after that press conference we said maybe we'll bring up we'll build a prison, Disney clapped back immediately, like immediately, like milliseconds within that press conference ending, and they just said, Hey, we're announcing our first Pride Night ever. Yea, all ready for that? Hold that Ron now turning it up.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know what's crazy. As a queer person, this is very irritating. It took so long for them just to get like gay pride like pins in the park, and then they had like pride nights. So they were like, listen, adults, if you want to come out at night and be like with you lovers, Okay, it's fine, but let's really keep the children out. Well, we're only going to do it in California because y'all are real, like pro the queers out here, so we feel pretty safe. We're not going to do it in Florida. And just the other day my friends were like, oh, so they're not going to do Pride in Florida.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I think it's just going to be a California thing.
Speaker 3: I'm excited for every queer person in Florida because it's nice to have spaces and support. If you're a person who visits Disney frequently, you know, you're probably aware of the company and their track records and things. But man, it really can be the happiest place on They're not really good at what they're supposed to do.
Speaker 1: It's so fun.
Speaker 2: It amount of fun at Disney.
Speaker 3: They got the dope rides, they got the good parks, like performance spaces. If you go to the right restaurants, you can get good food research before you go. They're not all the same, So I'm glad that they can go and just cut loose.
Speaker 1: This whole thing though, has put us in a thing where we're like, who do we pick in this fight? Fascist or by via corporation, you know what I mean. And then and at the same time we're like, we hear about the struggle of working at the fucking park and how difficult that is and how little they want to pay people there, and only now like starting to like up the pay and we're still like, oh, like, way to go with that clap back, but you only you're only doing Pride Night as a way to like antagonize this governor, not because it came out of the goodness of your heart. But that's the capitalism duty. You you know, we got a few evils.
Speaker 4: It's like.
Speaker 1: For the Disney Corporation man, which by the way, I was going to say, like, you know, Disney doesn't have They're not innocent at all because off Mike. I know, last week we were talking about just the the casting of like the Lelo and Stitch live action movie and how we're suddenly seeing like the people look a little bit different that I'm seeing than the depictions in the cartoon. Now again, I like I said anything after ninety four. Good chance I have not seen it if it is as like a Disney product, But I know, Joel, I know you definitely have feelings about it.
Speaker 3: How far they're really far off, and I mean in every conceivable way. So when Lelo and Stitch comes out, it's a revelation, not just because it's a modern Hawaiian family, all dark skin, all with indigenous features, but it's also taking to task the separation of Indigenous children from their families and the ways in which the government does not support at all, Like, you know, these families, if they're you know, if they're poor, if you know Leelo is being raised by her older sister after their parents pass. It's really hard for her not and works really hard to try and keep a great place, and they're like, oh, you have enough money. Oh Leelo's acting up in school. The best thing to do would be for us to take her from the only family she knows, which is Bananas. And so the film, in a very child friendly way, explores you know what that fear is, and it is a fear that we are seeing a huge resurgence in across indigenous communities across the United States, especially right now as they're trying to pass laws that allow people basically to just steal their children. And I think colorism is a huge problem in the casting. We're seeing a lot of people and I want to just really quickly highlight we're not questioning anyone's indigenous status.
Speaker 2: That's not at all what this is about.
Speaker 1: Sure, this is about polarized which.
Speaker 3: These are folks who could either pastor write, or are much lighter skin or have Eurocentric features. They can be Indigenous, they love their communities, they can be active members of their communities. But there are not dark skinned Indigenous people on TV that often. And when you have a set film that is a classic that means a lot to a lot of people, it is so disheartening to then be like, we're doing a live action and we're not going to give any of the performers who look like this in real life an opportunity to bring these.
Speaker 2: Characters to life. That's frustrating.
Speaker 3: On top of that, they're removing that core element of government coming in and trying to take children unjustly by making the woman who it used to be a black guy who's like part of CIA and very like buttoned up, Now it's a woman who is indigenous and you know, like but not stealing their children from themselves, Like this is not the calculations are not working here, like the storyline falls apart.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so the important like all the important things that resonate for folks who have now passed, like a lot of my generation who have children have passed this movie down to their kids and they're like, I don't want to take you to see this movie because it doesn't represent all of the things that it was revolutionary for crafting.
Speaker 2: You know. Yeah, it's frustrating, man.
Speaker 1: What's your relationship to it?
Speaker 5: I mean, I love Leelan Stitch. I have a stuffed animal Stitch and leel not with me. But I did have one uncle who worked for Disney, and so I would get like a great Disney's Towards discount.
Speaker 4: And yeah, I'm like.
Speaker 5: Joelle was saying about like that family who would like always traveled at Disney, Like like we would always go to Disney because it was like more accessible to us because we could go for free because of my uncle.
Speaker 4: But yeah, like I love this film.
Speaker 5: That's I think that's actually where I first found out who Elvis was, because I think I was like ten or eleven, Yes, when the movie came out. So I'm like, you know, and like I'm an immigrant. My parents are immigrants. They are not like passing down like Beatles records and shit to me, you know, like whatever. You know, they came to the US with like two kids in eight suitcases and like they're not going to pack like records and stuff like that, right, right, Yes, I think that's where because I had the soundtrack and I remember like listening to the soundtrack.
Speaker 4: But yeah, like I just hate that.
Speaker 5: It's like we should just be satisfied with representation, but I'm just like it needs to be representation within the correct like context.
Speaker 4: So it's just like it's just like, yeah.
Speaker 5: Again, no one is questioning these people's talent or something like that.
Speaker 4: But it's just like but and.
Speaker 1: It's not on them, you know either.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I hope that they don't have to like answer for that.
Speaker 1: If you were the acts that you would say, here's the thing that like, it's also looked. It's also hard as like a poc actor something to get on. So I get that there is a conundrum for that person who's so yeah, I this she could set me up. But also on other side. It does feel like, man, you may you man, I don't know if this I don't know if I'm really the one for this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Soudana playing Nina Simone's it's like, yeah, this is not Orlane.
Speaker 2: You must have the stage left.
Speaker 5: I'm so sorry for Scarlat Joyntson, who can play whoever she wants.
Speaker 1: She's an Asian. And Emma Stone too, you know, obviously, you know we got to shut out to all of our Asian icons out there.
Speaker 5: But yeah, but I think it's just like, you know, to me, like it is just like whitewashing, you know, So I just kind of like, you know, I never watched The Aladin Passion, but you know I did notice that, like there's not that many people of like darker skin that were cast, you know, and.
Speaker 1: Weren't they saying they were blacking people up.
Speaker 4: To I mean, I wouldn't be surprised or.
Speaker 1: Something I heard. I heard the makeup that may have been questionable at the time.
Speaker 3: I know about that, but it definitely was Again, just a color is an issue. It's just like it's not hard to cast dark skinned people.
Speaker 2: You can do it.
Speaker 3: I believe in you have all of the power of Disney behind you, you get access to literally any performer. It makes me nervous because I don't even think they're gonna have Lelo beat that white girl's ass.
Speaker 2: And that's my favorite part of the movie. Then she takes the little girl to task.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, lessons and yeah, oh yes, yes.
Speaker 3: She's called saying a bunch of racist shit as she gets told off, as she gets beat and then Lelo gets in trouble with you again, is a banana saying to happen. Leela is standing up for herself on her native land. Let her beat that girl's that ask she needs to learn, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Fuck around, find out that's one of the first lessons we need to teach kids. Oh yeah, I mean yeah, it's truly something else. And yeah, I think we're we'll always be up against trying to figure out like when people who are in like making the decisions are like yeah, yeah, yeah, do the thing that is the most accurate rather than the habits of being like it's the whiter things do better. Even though that is even McKinsey's out here telling you that's wrong, like.
Speaker 4: He's like a non white story.
Speaker 5: But like we're gonna but it's still going to be like, oh, people who like, your skin isn't dark, but it's like, but it's Hawaiian so it's fine whatever, And I'm like, no, and.
Speaker 1: Look for directors who are like, you know, it's just darker skin is just difficult to shoot. Look, the people who made Insecure handled all that for you. They revolutionaries like how to properly light and shoot darker skin, So yeah, or.
Speaker 4: Hire people who know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I hire people who know how to do that, like just like makeup artists and like hair stylists who are just like I've read so many interviews with black actresses where they're just like, they don't know how to do my hair, and then they end up doing it themselves, and I'm like, that's not how that's supposed.
Speaker 1: To go, right, No, And at the very least, be like, Okay, here's your date rate for as a hair stylist that we're adding to your performer rate at the very least, because yeah, we fucked that up. Sorry, All right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back to talk old Joe Biden neck skin right after this. And we're back and just got to touch on this the latest conspiracy theory Jujuur for the far A. There's a video that's been going around of Joe Byron when he went to Ireland recently, and apparently in this clip, fucking conspiracy theorist like this is irrefutable proof that Joe Biden is dead and it is actually an actor portraying him wearing a hyperrealistic Joe Byron mask. Okay, sorry, case closed the video. The whole thing, this whole gotcha moment is based off this clip where Joe Biden is scratching the back of his neck and they're like, oh, man, in this video, they're like, look at it. This guy the tweets is the actor playing Joe Biden reveals his mask. You're watching the most complex military campaign that has ever been waged in world history. Be proud, stanty. Anyway, it's like a whole QAnon thing again.
Speaker 2: Wow wow.
Speaker 1: So what they're saying is that the skin wrinkle behind his neck was like moving around too much, and they're like, oh, that shit too loose. So it's clearly a silicone mask. Again, this is not a new theory. There are people who claim that Jim Carrey might be one of the actors who plays Joe Biden. Because I don't know because he wore like because he was in the mask.
Speaker 4: Over here, because I've actually never heard this theory.
Speaker 1: Oh it's wild. And dude, Jim Carrey even he came out and he was like, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm one of like he was evening like, yeah, yeah, that's one of them. Yeah, I'll be playing him right, yeah, I think once.
Speaker 4: But he was also in the masks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was in the mask. But also if you remember in Living Color his character Fire Marshall Bill, that ship actually looks like Joe Now to me, so I don't know my own head, I get it. I would putting that together.
Speaker 4: I think that was that was before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that that definitely was. Yeah, that definitely was a bit maybe a bit ahead of your time. But yeah, just search Fire Marshall, Bill, Jim Carry and you will see Joe Biden.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to.
Speaker 3: Leave occagenarians alone. Did y'all see the recent Jack Nicholson article.
Speaker 1: No, what happened with John Nicholson?
Speaker 5: They're just making fun of you, just honest about making fun that just commenting about how he looks like he's just like living his life.
Speaker 4: He was out on the balcony and people are like, oh, what the fuck.
Speaker 3: Like Cygniceable in a shovel, I dropped the leak in the chat so you can see. But he literally just looks like an eighty six year old man who went outside to stretch for a second.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then they just leave them alone. He's eighty eighty six. Just let this man live.
Speaker 1: They want to talk all this shit, but like, where's that smoke for the fucking politicians that are making decisions about legislations that are this damn old you know what I mean. You got Diane fin like, uh yo, look hello, and I thought we were trying to let these people go off into the sun and said and go to Florida and shit, But yeah, how old is he? He looks good?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm just like I'd probably look like that when I'm sixty, Like I always forget to wash my face with makeup. I'm gonna look at that like just.
Speaker 1: Like this is how like most like conservative gen X men look in their middle age, Like so why come for for Jack Nicholson like this? I don't know. I don't know anyway, So the whole body double thing, it's not just on the right, because remember when people are like Blania got a body double two and that was like a whole thing. Like a lot of people like democrats are you know, occupy democrat type people on Twitter were like, got you? It's like shut up man, she's she wears a wig like all the celebrities. Okay, that's what.
Speaker 2: You saw, right.
Speaker 1: The other thing is what's really interesting is like jam our writer's pointing out, it's like it kind of might have something to do. Oh, what's what's wrong? What's the wrong? Guys? Child? You don't like this story about fire Marshall Bill being our president? Well it's too late. That's what it is that there's a lot of stories about how like the masks from Mission Impossible. Okay, you know what I'm talking about, the fucking Ethan cruise shit, like those masks that they are like an increasing number of stories that are talking about how these masks are like real or like being close to like available in our real life. Here's one from seeing at hyper realistic masks can fool us just like in Mission Impossible. Uh huh. Here's another one from like another website of the Conversation. Hyper Realistic masks are extremely hard to spot, as our new research shows here's another one and from the UK University of York study finds Mission impossible masks can fool police and airport security. So there's this kind of information out there. But meanwhile, the CIA, and I'm willing to believe the CIA when they say this, they say, these masks aren't fucking full in nobody. They don't move the same way. I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about. It won't even animate in the same way as human skin, but go off and yeah. So it's just really interesting that their people are like, I don't know, man, those Mission impossible masks could really be a plus his loose old neck scan. Then like, what about Mitch McConnell. You know what I mean, he got to talk about his loose neck skin. You know, you got you might have you might have three mass ridiculous, I know. Anyway, So you know, to bring up a film that we've brought up before, it could just be that the movie Dave with Kevin Klein may have just primed like an entire generation of people to accept that a president could just casually be replaced by a look alike and run the country.
Speaker 2: But you know that's that movies are not real life folks.
Speaker 1: No, no, but look as much as I there is part of me though. If that technology came out, I would love to I want to see those, Matt. I want to try it on because it's always funny, like in the movie how when they will put it on, like it takes a second for it to adjust and then it turns into their skin, but then they can take it off in like one second. I'm always yeah, I don't know, I was always fascinating.
Speaker 4: I would like to stay away from those as.
Speaker 1: Much I would me. I would be like a white guy and go do some weird ship.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you want to get trade a lot better, that's true. Actually we should all do that.
Speaker 1: We should all do that. We're a white ma and then and go protest and then go protest and then create the like there are millions of white allies out there. We're outnumbered and they're like this poc were in those missions possible funny.
Speaker 2: Actually actually I'm going to do the same, and the er is going to do the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you're gonna see some dude out there with like with like Kyrie Irving's face on, and it's going to be like yeah, and you know, to be honest, I think Rohnda Santis is a fantastic candidate for the black community, although who knows, Kyrie might not be too far off from actually saying that himself. Anyway, that is going to do it for this edition of the Daily Naha Disease. Thank you so much for joining us. I really appreciate you coming on and joining us. Where can people find you and follow you, support you and all that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you can find me on Twitter at Nahazzi's thirteen and on Instagram at Nahasi's and you can find my podcast Partition as Partition Podcast on Instagram and nineteen forty seven pod on Twitter.
Speaker 1: Right, And for people who don't know Partition, just give them like the brief pitch for people who aren't up on your show, because it's a fantastic, fantastic show for a part of history we don't really talk about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like, yay, let me actually talk about what this shows. But yeah, so I created a show Partition under the Next Up program and it is about the partition of India and the formation of Pakistan. And it had its seventy fifth anniversary last year. And you know, it's not a part of history that's really talked about too much. Usually it's just kind of like a one sentence thing about Gandhi and like that's kind of it.
Speaker 4: But you know, like, you know, millions of people died.
Speaker 5: It was one of the largest forest migrations, and we're still facing a lot of the effects of what happened seventy five years ago today. Like you know, Indian guess On has such a tumultuous relationship to each other, and you know, they're still fighting quite a bit, and a lot of that, you know, most of it is dated back to partitions. So I interview some family members, I needview survivors, I interview filmmakers and just like other people. So trying to kind of make sense of like this event and how it continuously shapes our lives.
Speaker 1: All because a British lawyer was like, I'm gonna draw a line right down the middle here, how does that work?
Speaker 5: Okay, And it was like, let me do this in five weeks and then get the fuck out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, basically I have no idea what that means with people that live there, but this this looks good from my perspective. Yeah, it's a really fantastic show. I want to really encourage people to check it out. Now, what is a tweet or some other work of social media that you're liking?
Speaker 5: Okay, so I'm going to talk about dinosaurs. So there is this Twitter account that I stumbled upon called but with Raptors.
Speaker 2: And it's fucking amazing.
Speaker 5: It's very like the best thing I've seen and I don't even know how long. So like they take like a movie or maybe some other form of media and they replace.
Speaker 4: It with the veloci raptor.
Speaker 5: So they have one from like Citizen Kane when he's making this like beach and it's just like a where like the poster is behind like but it's like a raptor. And then like instead of orson Wells, it's a raptor speaking. And then they have one from a marriage story where like they're Scarutor Hansen and what's his name, Adam Driver are fighting and he like punches the wall, but Adam Driver's a raptor and it's so fucking good, and I just like I was just like on it for such a long time, and then they like that was just a good one. Head singing in the rain, so instead of Gene Kelly, it was like a raptor, like like walking around with.
Speaker 1: The umbrella and baby raptor.
Speaker 4: That would have been maybe they've done that.
Speaker 1: I don't know they've done they did that.
Speaker 4: They did, Oh you're looking at us?
Speaker 1: When the second you said it, I'm like, I'm looking it up right.
Speaker 4: No, this is fantastic.
Speaker 5: They had uh Ryan God bring Barbie but it was like with a wrapper and it was.
Speaker 4: For hunting.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I love this And Joel Monique, thank you so much for joining us today. Where can people find you?
Speaker 2: Follow you?
Speaker 1: And what's the tweet that you like?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yea call me all over the internet at it's j O E l E m O n I q u e uh. Twitter has been a hellscape of torourism and horrifying gun facts. So I switched it over to Instagram. A channel that gives me so much pleasure and just a delight and sucks up way too much of my time. Is carpet cleaning asmrs Ooh oh my.
Speaker 5: God, I saw that too, and I like spent like twenty minutes watching those videos of just like cleaning stop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're so amazing.
Speaker 3: So what happens is they bring in rugs that are beyond filthy like someone probably took them outside them in mud.
Speaker 2: They're horrifyingly caked with dirt.
Speaker 5: Yeah them until imagine like the Jurassic Park pile of shit and then someone throwing a like a rug on that and.
Speaker 1: Whoa exactly exactly and.
Speaker 3: Then they clean it like thirty seven times in a time lapsed video until it looks like you could buy it at a story brand. It's incredible, mesmerizing, mesmerizing content, so wholesome. I worry about how much water they're using as a Californian, But other than that, I really enjoy.
Speaker 1: Watching these say not as much as it takes to grow these damn almonds, I'll tell you that much. So that's so that attention really needs to be going, what the why are we still growing fucking almonds here? And then we can go down the list. But god, golly, as my grandfather would say, golly, what's going on the water? I know, baby, I know you hate water waste. Also, you can find me on Twitter and Instagram at Miles of Gray. You can also find Jack and I on our basketball podcast, Miles and Jack Got Mad, Boosti's and Sophia, Alexander and I are back with four to twenty day fiance, but rather than talking ninety day, we're actually we had to catch up with the discourse on Love is Blind, so you will hear our pikes.
Speaker 4: Love is playing yesterday.
Speaker 1: I'm one episode in and I'm like, what the I'm already seeing a lot of interesting shit developed that I feel that is going to get interesting season progresses, so tune in for that. A tweet that I like is from Ellie kremandahal at Ellie creamandall k R I am he and d A h L tweeted, can you explain the gaps in your resume? Response? Yes, that was when I worked really weird jobs that I don't want you to know about. Yeah. Yeah, I would do the thing where I made up one company during that period where that my homie could just pretend was like the reference for and it was like, yeah, yeah, he was the manager for those years.
Speaker 3: All those jobs I worked for free, I just put them down like they're paid gigs I made free. You're not calling anyone from there, It's totally fine.
Speaker 1: No. It was like, yeah, I was a unit production manager on a free thing. But don't worry, we're acting like that paid.
Speaker 3: The experience counts okay, I've been getting paid.
Speaker 1: You can find us at Daily Zeitgeist on Twitter, at the Daily zeit Geist on Instagram. We have Facebook fan base and a website, Daily zey Guys dot com. Worry post our episodes in our footnotes footnote where you can check out all the articles we talk about, as well as a song we write out on. Today, we're gonna go out on new music from Nabia Ickball. I played one of her tracks a few months ago that was like super dope, kind of like electro wavy kind of thing. She's now doing like a shoegaze kind of thing. She's like a DJ but has been making your own music and I love when you see people cross over from like DJing making music. So this is her new track, Zone one to six thousand by Nibbia ib also check that out. That is going to do it for us. Today, we'll be back with more episodes of The Daily Zeitgeist again. It is a production of iHeartRadio, So check out Apple Podcasts or the iHeartRadio app or more to subscribe and do all that. Like I said, We'll be back with translator. All right, peace out, say bye guys. Choud Okay, he did a little more. I think I think that was a little too we're gonna take that, all right, y'all. Piece and Black Things by five