Speaker 1: Welcome to the Second Ay Podcast.
Speaker 2: Today is the day that if you don't act, you will live and regret forever. I mean, it sounds dire, but it's true because today is the last day to get your second date update merch for a cause. The store is still open right now up until midnight. It will close tonight. So if you want a super cute sweatshirt T shirt, honey, their very Cali style, very summer, and one percent of proceeds go to Convoy of Hope, which is a great organization. And we got a little something special that we're going to start trying out on Saturdays. We are going to give you not just one, but double the classic ooh yeah. You know, we've been hearing from a lot of people that one episode wasn't enough to get through their run or to get their chores done on a Saturday.
Speaker 1: Totally well as you can get through the ads.
Speaker 2: I absolutely agree with Jose. But if you're our company bosses, we did not say that. I promise, I promise. Okay, all right, here we go, double the fun, double the Classics.
Speaker 1: Your second date updates start right now.
Speaker 3: Being a guy is expensive.
Speaker 4: You ask one person on a date suddenly you're dropping over one hundred bucks just to make.
Speaker 3: Sure everybody has a good time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but one of our listeners just figured out a way to get his and his date's entire night completely paid for. Involved no lying, no cheating, no scheming. Wow, and it somehow still worked. He didn't even didn't even plan it, really, it just happened totally on accident. Will it help our listeners get themselves some free drinks? Yes, please, jes I have a feeling it might. And that's a very dangerous thought. You're gonna hear it in your second date update right after.
Speaker 5: This second Date update D.
Speaker 4: We've heard of creative ways Alexis gets free drinks when she's at the bar where she claims to be from poison Control and is testing the tequila for arsenic.
Speaker 1: She wants, I'm gonna need.
Speaker 3: Three more Prairie Fire shots just to be like real.
Speaker 4: Oh and six shots from my friends.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're trying to save the world.
Speaker 4: One of our male listeners apparently figured out another way to get free drinks for him and for his date at multiple different spots, So get ready to take notes here. His name is Nathan. Nathan, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: Hey, how's it going good?
Speaker 1: I mean, everybody's super intrigued. They want to hear how you're doing it.
Speaker 6: What do you inspect what do you act as?
Speaker 8: What kind of inspect like that it's something completely different?
Speaker 3: Okay, no fake inspections.
Speaker 4: Well, we'll get to whatever your method is for getting free drinks in a second. First, tell us about the girl that you went out with. What's her name?
Speaker 9: Oh, her name is Meghan. I met her online?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, what'd you like about Megan? Sorry, your phone just sounds like you're shouting into a megaphone.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Oh sorry?
Speaker 9: Is that better?
Speaker 3: Not really, but we're just gonna go with it.
Speaker 4: Okay, Nathan, tell us how you and Meghan got to the point of getting free drinks for each other.
Speaker 8: Okay, so pretty much. Me and Meghan met up for our first date. She tells me that she just got like a promotion at her job. So I was like super excited.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and a great reason to like take her out and have something to talk about and.
Speaker 4: Make her pay for the drinks because she's the one making all the money.
Speaker 6: Now you're rich.
Speaker 8: Now, No, I'm not gonna make a girl pay for a drink, So I have a better idea.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, that's your idea.
Speaker 8: We went till a lot of bars. At every bar i'd walk into, I would just yell out, hey, this girl got a promotion. People with just cheers and buy a strink and.
Speaker 2: Then you ask wait, you said, can you buy us drinks afterwards?
Speaker 8: No, people would just cheer us and then buy a strink.
Speaker 6: Doesn't work on.
Speaker 2: Me, like a big congrat congrats to mind mindset would be like jets frum, like you make more money than me, You.
Speaker 1: Not buy you a drink?
Speaker 3: What bars you're going to? Where? Like nobody ever gets from motions, it's.
Speaker 6: Just got fired.
Speaker 2: What's smart about it is it's the truth. Yeah, it's not like you're scamming.
Speaker 6: People like you're engaged like a lot of people. It's like you're legit.
Speaker 1: I'm pretending it's your birthday.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 3: It's pretty cool that that was working for you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean definitely was working. But I mean it got pretty hazy, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Drinks last bar was actually who is proof?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean we went to this one streets like a bunch of bars, and I was like pretty like past the point of buzz, you know, like where you're like you got to drink too much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, talking zero one hundred.
Speaker 6: When you went from like oh things are.
Speaker 1: Good to like now you start yelling for free food.
Speaker 3: Anybody.
Speaker 2: I don't know though, if you're like wasted wasted, Like did you I mean, did you embarrass yourself?
Speaker 8: Sound like I remember I remember kissing her in the back of the uber, So.
Speaker 6: Okay, did she reciprocate?
Speaker 8: I mean I remember getting back at her place watching some TV.
Speaker 1: But you don't know.
Speaker 2: How you went from ubers were okay, I remember ordering you ordered what we ordered sushi?
Speaker 8: But yeah, I mean I woke up the next morning and she was like, I'm not really feeling good.
Speaker 1: Hold on, man, did you wake up at her place or your place?
Speaker 8: Her place? But then I just took off, like I got an uber and left. But haven't heard back from her since you saw her.
Speaker 6: Were you waking up in bed or just like on the couch.
Speaker 8: I was on the couch, she was in the other room.
Speaker 1: Okay, Wait was she still there when you left?
Speaker 8: I think she was. I mean I didn't really look. I was just concerned about getting home to like just recover.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, I didn't think you really want to like have after a heavy night of drinking and sushi.
Speaker 3: That's the time to be like reconnected.
Speaker 2: Dude, You've got to say something like you stayed the night of the girl's house. Like, if a dude just left without saying anything from my house, I would think either A he doesn't like me and he's trying to run.
Speaker 1: Or B he's a little weirdode.
Speaker 8: You guys don't even get it. I was like cracked.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that wouldn't be a good look the following day to walk in.
Speaker 1: Anyway, if you texted her, I think it's okay.
Speaker 4: So well, yeah, what's happened since then? Since you left her apartment? Are you stay in contact?
Speaker 8: Nothing? I got ghosted and I like just dropped off the station of the earth.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 6: The good thing about this, she may think the same thing. She may be like, I don't remember a lot. Did I embarrass myself? Like you guys both maybe just playing a caution.
Speaker 2: Do you know if she was on the same page with you in terms of drunkenness.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean she would go hand we were going drink for drinks, you know, Like she's a cool chick. I'd like to see her again. She really a hang out with.
Speaker 1: Light weight.
Speaker 4: Well, who knows, maybe that uber kiss that you thought was with her was actually with the driver.
Speaker 1: We're gonna find out that nobody was thinking that.
Speaker 4: Well, some people have lived better life experiences than others.
Speaker 3: Nobody knows how I've lived my life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, except there's a reason I have a five star review.
Speaker 3: It's all'm gonna say. Anyway, Nathan, Ye, come on, Okay, you're gonna do that. We'll reach out to her and get to your second date update right after.
Speaker 5: This second date update if you're just.
Speaker 3: Joining us our listener.
Speaker 4: Nathan went on a wild, kind of hazy first date with a woman named Megan.
Speaker 1: There was any kind of about it, Jess.
Speaker 4: Yeah, extremely hazy first date where he found out that she got promoted, and that turned into a celebratory bar crawl down the street. He didn't know it at the time, but Nathan actually came up with kind of a genius.
Speaker 3: Idea where every bar they walked.
Speaker 4: Into he announced, Hey, this girl just got promoted at work, and immediately they'd get free drink showered upon them. Not showered like on them, but like gifted to them.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Way, next time we go to lunch I'm telling everybody, Yeah, this girl.
Speaker 1: Just got a raise. But there wasn't a lie. There's serious.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But to get you guys, that was fun for Nathan and Meghan for the first two or three bars. After that, he doesn't remember a whole lot except that he spent the night at her place on the couch.
Speaker 1: And I can't believe they ordered drunk sushi. Yeah that's that. Why not drunk nachos.
Speaker 3: It's an intoxicated choice, for sure. Nathan.
Speaker 4: Clearly you had a lot of fun that night. But why is it so important that you get in contact with Meghan again? Because maybe this was supposed to be just like a one night crazy thing.
Speaker 1: Did you hear she's got money now she has sugar mama.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're up for management now, Is that it? Nathan?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 8: No, no, no, I just I thought she was just really cool to hang out with a lot of cool people, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, that's kind of.
Speaker 6: Insulting anybody who knows him, by the way, don't be offended by that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, may not. A lot of his friends get promoted, so he doesn't know.
Speaker 1: I think that's cool.
Speaker 2: I think that's a really sweet sentiment, which, you know, it's it's hard to be sweet and romantic after a very drunken evening.
Speaker 4: So you were drunk, and maybe Meghan can help fill in some of the blanks that you have in the night so we can figure out what really it's.
Speaker 11: Going to be.
Speaker 2: It's going to be shocking to me that she doesn't share something embarrassing that you did.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean you're drunk. You don't remember what if she did.
Speaker 4: Somebody did something, something happened, and we need to find out.
Speaker 3: So let's dial her. Here we go, hopefully she picks up.
Speaker 12: Hello.
Speaker 3: Hey is this Meghan? Hey Megan.
Speaker 4: My name is jeff from a radio show you might be familiar with called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Which is called Sake.
Speaker 2: Congratulations on the big promotions you got promoted at your job.
Speaker 7: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 9: I I'm a little confused.
Speaker 12: Sorry, where are you coming from.
Speaker 4: We're a radio show it's called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning, and we sometimes reach out to people when we hear they got job promotions. Sometimes we also reach out when we hear they went on a really great date with somebody.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're kind of checking multiple boxes.
Speaker 1: Celebrating the job promotion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you fell.
Speaker 12: Sorry, I'm a little I'm still a little.
Speaker 3: Simplify this for you.
Speaker 4: We heard that you went out on a date with one of our listeners named Nathan.
Speaker 6: Why did you ask?
Speaker 9: Are you serious?
Speaker 12: Are you guys know him or something?
Speaker 3: Well, he listens to us.
Speaker 4: Nathan is actually the one who told us about your promotion and the way you guys celebrated that night.
Speaker 12: Yeah, okay, well what did he tell you?
Speaker 9: I'm curious.
Speaker 1: Sorry, it's only good things that you sound so nervous.
Speaker 12: I'm shaking, I'm very angry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we don't know all the details, but we know there was a bar crawl that had a lot of free drinks ended up at your place.
Speaker 1: But he doesn't remember a lot.
Speaker 12: Oh he doesn't remember. Yeah, okay, I'm not calling him back because he ate my goldfish, my pet, no.
Speaker 3: Actual fish a bag.
Speaker 12: You just said my actual swimming fish. Cleo, gone, I thought.
Speaker 1: You guys he said you had sushi.
Speaker 9: No, he told you that we ordered sushi. Oh my god.
Speaker 12: Yes, he had like a forty minute conversation about how no sushi places were open and none of them even deliver here. No, did he tell you that we ordered sushi?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he said.
Speaker 4: Well, he said his memory was hazy, but that's one of the things he remembered. I'm sorry, there's no way, there's not even in your drunk hist state.
Speaker 3: Is a guy doing.
Speaker 2: Something that because I coached goldfish actually off to I.
Speaker 12: Told him I was going to bed. He crashed on my couch. The next morning, I wake up, he's not there, and I noticed that my goldfish tank near the window is completely empty.
Speaker 2: Hollo, okay, is he didn't even do it when you were present.
Speaker 1: He did it after you went to bed.
Speaker 12: I didn't see anything. I didn't hear anything, obviously, like fish don't scream, So are you sure like.
Speaker 2: I've heard of fish like jumping out of tanks before that happens.
Speaker 12: I looked everywhere. There was no there's no Cleo.
Speaker 9: She's gone.
Speaker 1: And you don't have a cat. Do you have a cat?
Speaker 12: I have no cat. Cleos was was my only pet.
Speaker 4: We don't, okay, so sad it's we don't know that that's what actually happened, you said yourself, Megan, you didn't see it.
Speaker 12: I didn't see it, and I didn't hear anything. But if there's like a strange man in my apartment, and he's going on and on about ordering sushi, and I wake up and my fish isn't there.
Speaker 7: What else my face?
Speaker 2: Can you imagine telling your friends my date ate my pets.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's try as hard as we can not to jump to conclusions here. It's really important we've heard Meghan's side of the story. It's really important that we get Nathan's side too, because Meghan, he is on the on the other line, she's not afraid Nathan.
Speaker 9: You there, Hey, Hi, Yeah, hey, Nathan, how's it going.
Speaker 12: Are you feeling energized and fueled from eating my fish?
Speaker 1: Did that happen?
Speaker 8: I'm like forty percent sure that that.
Speaker 1: Yes, right, don't finish.
Speaker 11: Look, look, I don't know if that happened or not, but like, if it did happen, it's probably because you got that promotion and we got all those free drinks, So that is rich.
Speaker 12: You are blaming me because you got so you ate my fish?
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, look, I don't really know if I want to take the wraps for something. I don't know if I really did or not. You know, at the game of the day, you could have been in it.
Speaker 7: Oh did you consider that I fish?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 7: My god, is the.
Speaker 6: Goldfish male situation.
Speaker 2: Why are you jumping to like being horrified and really sorry right now?
Speaker 6: He's confused.
Speaker 8: Look, I don't know what happened that night, okay, but all I know is that we have a chance we can do a do over.
Speaker 12: Off your rocker, man, Are you kidding?
Speaker 4: He apologized. He admits maybe mistakes have been.
Speaker 1: I love that he apologized after he blamed me that.
Speaker 4: Look, I'll tell you this, Megan. We've been doing this segment for a long time, and in the history of it, we've had four people get married after one person ate the other person's past.
Speaker 3: You could be lucky number three, the.
Speaker 2: First time we've had anyone ever eat another person's pet, Jeff.
Speaker 8: No, that's a cool way to meet a story Thanksgiving dinner table.
Speaker 3: If there ever.
Speaker 12: Was the worst date I've ever.
Speaker 3: Been on, Oh, you can't say that.
Speaker 4: You can't say that until you go on one more date and give them the chance to lower the bar even far.
Speaker 6: That's gonna be a funny wedding.
Speaker 12: Be good, because the only other thing I don't want to be eaten personally nor fish.
Speaker 4: I have a better ideal, alexis let's send them to a place that actually serves up sushi for real.
Speaker 1: That's traumatic.
Speaker 3: The right way.
Speaker 5: Now we'll do.
Speaker 4: No, just a normal first day without all the heavy drinking, and you guys can give it a redo.
Speaker 12: I'm actually horrified that you suggested that, you know what.
Speaker 1: Jeff stands on his own on that one. That was all idea. We do not endorse it.
Speaker 3: OK, fine, you're right.
Speaker 4: Maybe I was a little bit insensitive to Leo, but I'm going to step away now. I'm done defending the listeners. Nathan, you have one final chance to win Megan over.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, Megan, would you like to hang out again?
Speaker 3: To the point no.
Speaker 6: Reapologized.
Speaker 8: First look, there's really no proof that I did that. If you want to hang out again, though, what would.
Speaker 1: The proof be, that is even grosser.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, Nathan, it's sounding like it's a no.
Speaker 1: I think you need to take a break from drinking.
Speaker 8: I don't need a break from drinking. She needs a break from getting promoted.
Speaker 3: That'll teach you, Megan success.
Speaker 12: Yeah, maybe I'll learn my lesson.
Speaker 5: Finally, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Having similar hobbies is a green flag. Yeah, it's good to have common interests like you both enjoy the same type of movies, or you both have kissed the same teachers.
Speaker 3: But what kind.
Speaker 4: Of flag is it if two people bond over this shows I don't know, I.
Speaker 1: Could get back and knives actually come out.
Speaker 6: We love people that bond.
Speaker 4: Over us were fuss fun, but it's all advised because one of our listeners says he took it as a huge plus that the woman he met online actually knew who we were and listened all the time. But any true fan would know if someone tells you they actually enjoy this train wreck, they are not to be trusted.
Speaker 3: Sadly, he learned that.
Speaker 4: The hard way because now he can't even get her on the phone. So we're gonna find out what happened between our listener couple.
Speaker 3: In your second date update.
Speaker 4: Right after this second date update, they say where there's a Will, there's a way that say, there's a guy named Will on the phone right now, so I'm hoping there's a way we can help him with a second date update.
Speaker 1: That is the most literal translation.
Speaker 6: Of that ever, or his date's name was way.
Speaker 4: God, was that the laziest intro I've ever done? I don't care.
Speaker 1: So you have given up best?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Seriously, but Brooke promises to care enough for everybody here, so will welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: Hello, thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: I've lost interest again.
Speaker 1: He's on the phone and he needs us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, now I'm here, but Brooke, you can run it. Go ahead.
Speaker 1: Okay. What's going on? And who'd you go out with?
Speaker 3: Smooth?
Speaker 1: I never said I was smooth. Everybody knows that.
Speaker 3: Hey, Well, tell us about the girl that you went on a day with. What's her name?
Speaker 1: What I just said?
Speaker 3: I said? I said, Marlee, Marlee Marley.
Speaker 7: We met on a dating app, we matched.
Speaker 1: What did you like about her?
Speaker 7: Well, you know, I liked what I saw.
Speaker 4: Nice. Well, it's nice that he liked that he saw, not what he smelled.
Speaker 1: So just how do you put it that way? It sounds like Carlos.
Speaker 7: I wanted to take it for a test.
Speaker 1: You're not that type of guy.
Speaker 3: Come on, no, well really, what did you like about her?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 7: I find collarbones very attractive? And then one of her photos a low cut dress and really doing it for me?
Speaker 1: Are you sure they're real and not implant colarbas?
Speaker 7: You know what, I've never heard of himplant carbones, But no, he looks real.
Speaker 4: Well it is a trend. Brook has been looking into getting one for herself, but he sounds.
Speaker 1: Like the job is good though he can't notice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, So she's got a good collar bone on her very aero dynamic.
Speaker 6: I don't know what you look like.
Speaker 3: It's kind of bird like anything else.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 7: I don't really have a type, but lately I've been attracted to redheads, and she's.
Speaker 1: Redhead, nicest hair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they also can't go out in the sun.
Speaker 1: If you're Bernie or something, I'll.
Speaker 4: Tell you how much a redhead with a nice collarbone. So picturing like Lindsay Lohan, Carol Burnett type here. Now that we know kind of what she looks like, tell us about what you and Marley did.
Speaker 7: So I decided to uh go to a sporting event.
Speaker 1: I okay, was that something you guys had in common?
Speaker 11: Like?
Speaker 1: Was that a common interest?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I mean she's pretty outdoorsy and sporty. So we talked about it and I said, let's go watch some football and at the very least we'll buy some overpriced food and some overpriced beer.
Speaker 1: You actually took her to a game game, not just like a sports bar.
Speaker 7: Well, I tried to take her to a game game.
Speaker 3: But what do you mean? What does that mean?
Speaker 7: We didn't end up going? Wow, I triple confirmed with her because we got good seats, not the nosebleeds.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Expensive, that's dropping some money on a first day.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, go back or go home. But I was like, I'm gonna make sure she's definitely coming, and she said I'm definitely coming, and I was like great. And then about thirty minutes before we're supposed to meet up, I get a text from her saying, hey, sorry, I don't think I can go.
Speaker 2: No, oh only replace dude.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. I'd be mad.
Speaker 6: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 3: Did she give a reason why?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 9: I followed up.
Speaker 7: I said, do you mean you can't?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 4: Is anything?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 1: She didn't even lie that a grandmother died or something? Seriously and like pity, offer to pay for your ticket?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's actually I.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't send you the money. But right did she do that? Did she offer to pay for the ticket?
Speaker 7: She didn't text me back. I ended up just sitting at the game by myself.
Speaker 5: No, so rude.
Speaker 6: You should have didn't deserve your time.
Speaker 3: How good is that collarbone guy?
Speaker 1: Why do you want to talk to her. I mean, I want to know why she didn't go. Is that why? You just want to figure it out?
Speaker 7: I mean I want to know. But maybe there was something crazy that happened and she didn't feel comfortable telling, because sometimes you know, it's like you wait too long and then it's like, how do I even explain this?
Speaker 6: She's like, this is embarrassing. I'm a season ticket holder.
Speaker 3: She's a season ticket I have better see.
Speaker 1: She doesn't like the team at all.
Speaker 5: I didn't that.
Speaker 3: I mean, Alexis, would you say no if you hated the team. No, I don't put on.
Speaker 1: Any jersey and cheer for anyone.
Speaker 3: It's free, free food.
Speaker 1: Basically, did she apologize?
Speaker 7: She has not replied. I texted her I think four times since then, one of which being like, hey, maybe football wasn't it You want to try something.
Speaker 6: Else on purpose?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, funny story. One of our commonalities is that we bonded over both liking your show, like we listen to Brooke and Jeffrey. So I was like, oh, this is funny.
Speaker 3: Yes, maybe it's a good thing that she's not calling you back.
Speaker 1: Then would we call her? She's gonna know, she's gonna know how he's going to know that you're on the phone.
Speaker 3: Unless we disguise our voices.
Speaker 6: I can do many impressions.
Speaker 3: Who we did.
Speaker 4: We did a British accent one time and I think it went off swimmingly Australians. But it's really up to Will.
Speaker 7: I mean, I would love to hear your impression.
Speaker 1: He's lost all his brain cells.
Speaker 6: I just wanted to look like idiots.
Speaker 4: Actually, if I think about it, she might be more willing to talk to us if she's a fan and knows who we are, so maybe.
Speaker 6: To the bottom of it her you know, of course she won't pick up.
Speaker 4: I mean, we've recorded a bunch of people hanging up on us, but we haven't aired those ones recently, so.
Speaker 6: We can do a call you hang up.
Speaker 1: We only people stop answering.
Speaker 4: Whatever happens, it's gonna be some high quality radio when we come back and call Marley to do your second date update.
Speaker 5: Right after this second date update.
Speaker 4: If you're just joining us for the second date update, we've got Will on the phone, who was supposed to go out with a girl named Marley. And I know what you're thinking, Brooke. Why am I playing this music instead of the theme song? To the movie Marley and.
Speaker 2: Me because that's about a dog and it's the saddest movie ever I.
Speaker 3: I thought about it.
Speaker 4: It's true, the end is pretty depressing, and we're hoping for a happier outcome here today.
Speaker 1: So I'll be missing you puff daddy.
Speaker 4: You know, it's still like she didn't show up to the date, So you gotta have a little bit of truth sadness in there.
Speaker 1: This song has a lot of dead themes to it too.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 4: I'm bringing up because Jose's dad has a theory of what happened.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, probably, so that's.
Speaker 3: One theory out there that would explain a lot. But Brooke, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 6: My dad would be like I looked up the highway and it's one of the deadliest highways in America. Most likely she could.
Speaker 1: She's very well and alive.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're possibilities out there.
Speaker 1: That's all we're looking for now, that's only the hope that we want.
Speaker 6: That's all up from here, Thanks dad.
Speaker 4: Okay, look now we're on an upswing here before we dial Marley, is there anything else that you want to say before we call her?
Speaker 3: Will?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 7: I just want answers. What's happening. Why she's not getting back to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you are way more chill than I would be.
Speaker 1: If I would have purchased a football.
Speaker 2: Ticket for somebody and then that person didn't show up, there would be no chilling.
Speaker 6: Imagine your friend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, back the Yeah, that stadium would be in flames by the time.
Speaker 3: Brooke.
Speaker 1: That's right. So we'll glad you know me.
Speaker 4: Now, we'll see if we can get that money back for you here when we call her, or or at least get.
Speaker 3: Her agree to another day. I don't know, maybe that was a little bit ambitious. I shouldn't have said that. No, Brook will pay you though. Here we go. I'm dialing Marley right now.
Speaker 4: And remember she apparently is a fan of the show, so she should know who we are when we call.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's see dialing right now. Hello, Hey Marley?
Speaker 9: Yeah, who's calling?
Speaker 3: Hey Marley? We're Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning's.
Speaker 9: Oh my gosh, for real, Welcome to the show, Marley.
Speaker 3: How are you doing?
Speaker 9: I love you, guys? Why are you Did I win something like? What's going on?
Speaker 4: Absolutely not? Yeah, No, that's the thing in the past. But something we still are doing on the show is a second date update.
Speaker 9: What Oh no.
Speaker 1: No, your moment to shine Marley.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what that means. You went on a date recently and somebody liked that. I guess you did go on a date recently.
Speaker 9: You missed the date, Marley, Is this really happening? I'm on the radio with you guys about this.
Speaker 2: Oh man, Marley, the guy had a football ticket for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we heard the whole story from Will and so obviously he's disappointed that, you know, showed to the game.
Speaker 1: Well, you gave him.
Speaker 2: A thirty minute heads up, you texted him thirty minutes he said before the game.
Speaker 3: So do you have any explanation?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, jeez, I don't know, Like, Okay, what do I say here? Like, yeah, I don't know. I guess at the end of the day, I just don't like going out with liars.
Speaker 6: What we are liar?
Speaker 1: Why are you saying he's a liar?
Speaker 9: Well, I was excited to spend time with him, like it seemed to like we really vibed on the app and I was getting ready for the date. It was while I was getting ready, I started doing this thing lately that's been really helpful. And actually I got this idea from listening to your show, which is, oh, no, what did we tell you?
Speaker 2: You know, sometimes people will repeat what we say and I'm like, do we we said that?
Speaker 3: What advice did you take from us?
Speaker 9: I think this is a really good idea. You guys suggested using AI to help out with dating. And it's like this thing where you put a guy's photo into chat GBT and it calculates their height.
Speaker 8: We talk about that.
Speaker 1: We talked about that how that was a trend.
Speaker 2: You could figure out how tall guys were because the photo would analyze like what's in the background and where.
Speaker 3: They're run right, So you you did that?
Speaker 9: Yeah, So he put in his profile that he's six foot but Chad g BT said that he's probably five to seven.
Speaker 1: He's a short under.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the proper term is nothing wrong with five foot seven. Five foot seven is respectable, but said he's lie.
Speaker 9: Yeah exactly, Like I'm sure he's listening right now.
Speaker 6: But maybe don't tell her, don't you?
Speaker 2: Is it because you won't date anyone under six foot? Because I know a lot of women have that rule and it's dumb.
Speaker 1: It's a dumb rule. Miss it out on short guys.
Speaker 9: No, I'm not superficial like that, Like I'm five to seven, so we would be the same height. And I'm not like against that. But the thing is, like, if he was truthful, I definitely would have gone on the date.
Speaker 4: Maybe if you're on your knees looking up at him, he's six foot tall, it looks that way, really appears, I think.
Speaker 1: You said it is. But don't say that again.
Speaker 3: Okay, if you're sitting down, sure, that's what I meant.
Speaker 4: Okay, you guys are turning into a pervert over here.
Speaker 1: Your words are working against you.
Speaker 6: Sorry she was talking.
Speaker 3: So it's the it's the lie potentially.
Speaker 9: Sure. I mean like like I said, I'm high seven and I say I'm five to seven on my profile, Like why do guys lie?
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, the only way that we can know that is by asking Will. And like you said, he is on the other line. You know he's there listening to this.
Speaker 6: It's not a surprise.
Speaker 7: So awkward.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she's doing the awkward sound effect for us. Wrong segment.
Speaker 3: Okay, but Will, it's time to jump in and say hi to Marley.
Speaker 10: Yep.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, what's going on?
Speaker 6: Will?
Speaker 4: Marley is telling us that she ai fact checked your picture? And that I know the suggestion came from our show. So I'm sorry if we're busting.
Speaker 1: You on this somewhere else probably, So.
Speaker 3: Can you just tell us?
Speaker 4: Well, are you five foot seven like chat GPT says, or are you six foot like you claim in your profile?
Speaker 5: Well, i'll tell you what.
Speaker 7: Chat GBT is completely off and I am taller than Marley, So they're taller.
Speaker 3: Really you didn't?
Speaker 9: Yeah, but are you six foot or is that an exaggeration?
Speaker 7: I'm actually five eight?
Speaker 9: Okay, Well, chat GPT was more honest than your profile.
Speaker 1: Man, Come on to his defense, Marley.
Speaker 2: If he would have said he was five eight, would he showed up in your algorithm?
Speaker 9: I don't have a height limit on my filters or anything like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, but what way would you have swiped if you saw five eight?
Speaker 9: I don't know, I mean hesitation at all.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 10: So he's cute enough that I would have looked into it if I just saw the numbers, and I wasn't interested, and I would have swiped because of the numbers. But I was drawn in by other parts of his profile for sure, Okay.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and then our personality clicked. And then because I said that I was six foot. My foot got in the door quite literally.
Speaker 1: That's a bad ton or whatever it is.
Speaker 9: It worked, but you have to understand that I've had like issues with men lying in the past, and that's just like an instant deal breaker for me. And even now you're kind of like defending being dishonest. I feel like at some point before we met up, you should have, you know, made sure I knew what I was really looking for. I didn't want to look right over your head.
Speaker 6: Do you feel bad at all? Though? That homie watched a whole game by himself, wasted hundreds of dollars and still wants to go out with you, and you're bad.
Speaker 1: He seems sincere in his apology.
Speaker 4: And the good news is we've hashed all this out now, so maybe that allows us to close the door on this kind of ugly chapter of the relationship and open the door to the next positive one.
Speaker 6: There something else you've fled about, We'll get it out.
Speaker 1: Are you a full catfish? Tell us now?
Speaker 3: She has not seen you in person yet.
Speaker 7: So my pictures are accurate. They're five to eight accurate.
Speaker 1: Give them a chance, Barley, go one date won't hurt.
Speaker 4: Make sure they're accurate in person, bring a tape measure to the date, and we will pay for the date and the tape measure.
Speaker 7: To mate, I'll send you a photo with me holding a newspaper from today about that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god, wait you get a newspaper? How old are you?
Speaker 9: I'll be honest, I'm going to be wary and skeptical. But the fact that you have the confidence to address it on air like this and reach out to me this way is kind of a turn on.
Speaker 1: I'll be honest, shows a turn on.
Speaker 3: Wow, you know those positive news.
Speaker 4: I mean, you don't get your money back, Will, but at least you get another date to spend more money on her.
Speaker 7: Hooray, I get to spend more money on a date.
Speaker 1: Hey, yeah, don't we pay?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Are we mind taking up to twenty five dollars? You enjoy will Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.