Speaker 1: Got to be pretty close last season, and I'm sure season top to see this happened as quickly.
Speaker 2: What do you hear emotions?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, obviously I love Trey everything that he's done for this organization and obviously for myself. You know, I know I've told you guys a bunch of times before, but you know, going in last year and then him just being by my side from the get go, sideline meetings, in the locker room, wherever we're at. Man, he's been a real one and helped me, uh come into the league and welcome me with open arms and showed me the ropes to this whole thing. So I can't I can't tell you how much how grateful I am for him and to have in my life and and to be here with him so forever. Grateful for Trey obviously in terms of the situation, like happy for him that he's able to go into a good situation and and I mean we all feel like it's a good fit. But at the end of the day, man, I can't say how much how thankful I am to have played and been a teammate with Trey.
Speaker 4: So did you see trade today?
Speaker 5: What kind of conversations.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw him, uh, you know, out by the lot or the weight room before the game and stuff. He was out there talking to some guys, and I was able to go over and just tell him, you know that I love him, and like I said, how appreciative that I am of him everything that he's done for obviously myself and and the team. So told him that I'm really happy for him, and and uh excited to see what he does man, with his opportunity and his career in the NFL. So excited for him.
Speaker 5: How did he see?
Speaker 3: His spirits were good, you know, he was uh, you know, obviously, I feel like, you know, there was some just talking to guys in the in the relationships that he had with guys like he was you could tell like, man, like you know this, I'm moving on kind of thing. And so a bunch of guys. Man, everyone in this locker room has his back, and so everyone was, you know, tapping him up, hugging him, loving on him and everything. But uh, to sort of see that, you know, obviously, it's tough seeing one of your your buddies, you know, leave, But at the same time, we're all excited that man, he's got a good opportunity ahead of him, and he was in great spirits. So he was going on when he wasn't.
Speaker 5: At practice the other day.
Speaker 1: Did you understand, you know, was it the news getting like way Kyle was repped that kind of was of hazard maybe the.
Speaker 3: Way things go happen. Yeah, I mean, no one, we honestly had no idea. You know, he wasn't at practice, and we're like, okay, you know, where's he at kind of thing, and and uh grease, he said, you know, he was just taking some time to think things over and whatnot after he had heard the decision that Sam was going to be the second string quarterback. And you know, so all of us were like, okay, you know, we gotta practice, we gotta continue to do what we're doing. Everything will happen how it needs to happen. After and then you know, Tray was back in meetings, ready to roll, expected to play in the game, and then the news broke literally when we were all in the locker room getting ready for the game. So like, no one, like none of us had an idea of what was going on.
Speaker 5: So were you aware of just how divided it seems like the cool quarterback conversation has been this offseason, and did you and Tray or you and Sam or you and Brandon ever have any dialogue about that the outside world.
Speaker 3: Honestly, No, you know, I had my surgery and then you know, we brought in Sam, brought in Brandon, and really like we were all sort of going through our own thing. Like Trey was obviously continuing to get healthy with his foot. Obviously I'm coming off surgery with my arm, so I'm just focusing on my arm. No one really knew like what camp was gonna look like or going into the season anything like that. It was all really up in the air. We all wanted to get healthy first of all and then just compete from there. And I feel like that was all of our mindsets. There was no you know, talk about, hey, they're saying this or that in the media. We don't talk about any of that. It's strictly ball for us, and we all pull for each other and push each other every single day. So that's sort of just how it went. Well.
Speaker 2: We were drafted, it was Trey one, Suidfeld two U three, Jimmy throwing on a side field that it was Trey and Jimmy and you, and then it was me and it hitting you just how volatile this all has been in the last year or so.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's pretty that's a lot of stuff in about a year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's just sort of goes to show you, man, like you're in the NFL. You know, the positions and how everything looks, the depth chart like it. It all can change overnight, you know, just obviously depending on what happens and situations and stuff. But you know, for me, it's like, how can I be present? How can I be where I'm at not trying to get wrapped up and oh he's first, second, third, whatever. You know, the more you think about that kind of stuff, the more can consume you and affect how you play. And so for me this past year, man, it's been do what I'm told from the coaches and then you know, everything else happens, how it ends up happening, and uh, that's just sort of how I look at it. But yeah, it is wild, sort of like welcome to the NFL kind of thing when we ask you a version of.
Speaker 4: This every time you're up there.
Speaker 1: But now that you're through preseason, how would you just describe where you're at right now as we head toward.
Speaker 4: The regular season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel good, obviously excited to get rolling for Pittsburgh and to have everyone you know, be able to play on the field at the same time, you know, with Christian, George dbo Ba, like everyone have trend out there as well. So it's uh something that we're all looking forward to, really excited about. It felt like camp has been you know, pretty solid last couple of weeks, and you know, we're like I said, man, we're ready, ready to get this thing rolling. Yeah, I do say anything.
Speaker 5: Like in terms of wishing the team.
Speaker 4: Well and how you guys would do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he said, he's obviously gonna be pulling for us and watching every step of the way. But you know, it was more like us being appreciative of everything that he's done for us. So yeah, that's the conversations that we had.
Speaker 4: Do you feel any survivor remorse this time last year it was Trey's job. Has heard that you end up taking over, have a great run, and then you get hurt the playoffs and come back you're the man. Do you feel any remorse that a year ago he was the man in Mountain's gone.
Speaker 3: I mean, at the end of the day, I try to just do my job, do what I'm told. You know, as a quarterback, it's not like I come in here and go, all right, I'm gonna try to beat this guy out. This guy It's has nothing to do with that. It has everything to do with you know. This is what I've been called to do in life as a quarterback. I'm gonna come in and do my job. And you know, some situations happened. It sucks how you know, Jimmy got hurt, Trey got hurt, and things happened like that, But at the same time, like it's it's how the NFL is, and so no hard feelings. I love Trey and I want nothing but the best for them.