Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hey, what's up, buds? Hey, Hey, I what's up. We're Covino and rich In for Dan Patrick. Day two of the Dan Patrick Patrick. That means if you were off yesterday for President's Day and you missed us, you got to catch the podcast or watch it at.
Speaker 3: Covino and rich FSR.
Speaker 2: And of course that means we'll be here tomorrow as well, live from the Fox Sports Radio studio. You can watch us on YouTube as we speak, streaming live live chat is up.
Speaker 3: Oh good morning where he.
Speaker 2: At Covino and rich FSR on YouTube at Covino and rich FSR, or as Danny says, you could see our boat talks as we simulcast live right now. You know, I've never got bothtox. I'm not saying I'm against it one day. I just don't want to end up looking like Simon Cowell too late. Someone told me that's not bothtox too late. You look like Simon Cowell and Herman Munster's love child.
Speaker 3: Herman Monster. That Herman Munster's love child. You watch it that Cat Williams over and over.
Speaker 2: Only two people have square heads, he says, that Fitty said has a square head like Herman Monster Yo, So I'm Cavino. That is Rich Davis. Danny G is super producing Danny.
Speaker 4: Gay Happy Tuesday.
Speaker 3: He's the g.
Speaker 2: He's got the smoothest, most buttery voice in all of radio land, in all of Fox Sports Radio. He's on the phones at eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox and of course on the Glockenspiel our sound architect. Iowa Sama, Hi, Hi Sam. There's like random stuff to get to today. There's fight news.
Speaker 4: Funt.
Speaker 3: It was like a rumor and Danny's like, no, that's true, dude. There's fight news.
Speaker 2: And I might be one of the biggest fight fans here at Fox Sports, and even I don't give it Diddley squat, but we gotta chop it up. We got to talk about it. Don't sell yourself short. You're the biggest fight fan in Fox Sports.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Joemore a pretty big fan.
Speaker 2: Wat he doesn't watch every fight every weekend, no matter who it is he surprisingly is.
Speaker 3: Do you watch von Kiser against Joe last week? I was pretty good. It was a good fight. It was another versus Duffel make true.
Speaker 2: I like watching bugs fight animals fight, Hobo's fight on the street. I'll watch any fight, and I'm not saying I'm not gonna watch this fight that we're going to talk about, but I don't want to see it. I think it's uh, it's something nobody asked for. Plus Shack Diesel Whack Diesel trivia. We're giving away prizes today. But I hope you had a great President's Day, President's Night. I hope you had a nice night off. I took a nice little nap after the show yesterday because when we feel in for DP, our schedules all thrown off. Man, I passed out after the show. You you listen like a little kindergartener. I you love to point out, because it's true. Most of our affiliates and dp's dan ets so many more people on the East Coast and the West coast and sports radio.
Speaker 5: Yeah, of course they're listening thinking, you guys are big, you guys are big woozes right.
Speaker 3: Now, you know. But but it felt like the longest day ever.
Speaker 2: And I know that there's many people that work their ass off and they're already at the factory or the mill or you know, the office at six am.
Speaker 3: I not allowed to take a nap.
Speaker 4: I ever don't.
Speaker 2: And you're sitting here justifying you're allowed to bitch a complain. I'm just saying it. The bitch and complained. I said I took a nap. I allowed to be a big baby. I said it because guess what, I don't ever take a nap. That's why I bring it up. If if I did that every day.
Speaker 4: We clapped for our toddler, Cole when he takes a nap.
Speaker 2: Nap since I was a kid, dude, that was the big announcement to sleep.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I do wonder, you know for people that do wake up. I'm not a regular napper that I think you're a weenie. If you are, if you wake up early, yeah, if you're a grown man, attack I like to take naps. Yeah, let's make that. I think you deserve a little kick in the huevos. But what we are waking up early on the on the West Coast. There does come a point around time I went to the gym and you know, your body's just tired, and I'm trying to do sets. I'm like, everything felt heavier.
Speaker 3: I was tired as hell.
Speaker 2: I agree, Is that rich doing a set or a turtle having sex with a boot already eh Rich lifting weights, me lifting weights.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get into this fight.
Speaker 2: And then I gotta tell you about my night last night because I have the guaranteed spot. I've said it for years, but maybe not to our friends in the Dan Patrick audience, but there's a guaranteed family night or date night that delivers every time, and every time I go there. My thought is I should be going here more, but probably not. And I'll explain coming up. All right, so we got automatics, no fails, We'll explain what that is. I think I think a lot of people owe Michael Jordan an apology on his birthday.
Speaker 3: I'll explain why. Well, we'll get to that. I think you owe him an edible arrangement in a balloon.
Speaker 2: Wow. Now we grew up speaking of Michael Jordan, and we'll apologize on behalf of everybody talking smack about him. We grew up in the era of the three Mics, Mike Tyson, Michael Jordan, Michael Jackson, and Mike Tyson's in the news today. Kat Williams talked about him as well on his latest special with his ass out and how he couldn't believe it. He knew it was over. He said he put money on Mike Tyson, but knew it was when he saw his ass. So funny when you think about it, I didn't know my alf about. I just knew I found a little chill aut my fine. It is funny how it is. It is funny how the eighties were defined, not just in pop culture and sports and movies, even in your classroom. If you're a kid of the eighties, and I wasn't the only one that had like three mics in my class, right, like every mic you knew how to initial like, oh, Mike D, Mike L, mikey C. Like I don't know if it was an East Coast high school with Mike D, did you get respect? I had at least three mics in every class. And you're right, Michael j. Fox, you know Michael Landon, Michael Landon, I know Comedo, but Michael Rappaport on that list, Yes, he's the guy. It's the best on that So of the Michael trifecta that we grew up with, taking it back on a Taco Tuesday, Mike Tyson's in the news and Michael Jordan we're gonna get Tim Tell and the announcement today or late yesterday. It's been a rumor for a minute. Though, it's been a rumor. They've been talking about this for a while, and I kept saying no, I was shaking my hands as a fight fan.
Speaker 3: Hey, on behalf of all casual fight fans.
Speaker 2: I want the world to know, Hey, nobody cares about this fight.
Speaker 3: Nobody wants it. At least that's how I feel.
Speaker 2: You know, rich, You and I are good at taking the temperature of America. We sort of know or yeah, we sort of orally of course we we sort of know what the people want. At least, I feel like we got a good grasp on the pulse of what's going on. Of course, I don't think anybody is out there yearning for a Mike Tyson Floyd Mayweather fight. Everything about it is stupid. Everything stupid. Mike Tyson fifty eight to fifty nine years old. I'm not sure how old he's gonna be by the time this happens. They're saying, tentatively agreed upon in April April twenty fifth, my God, in the Dominican Republic of Congo. Yeah, like, first of all, I'm not going out there. I feel like Paulie in Rocky Forty's like Russia in the congo.
Speaker 3: We're going to the fight is stupid.
Speaker 2: He'll be fifty nine during the people going to the congo. I'm most stupid. Now he'll be fifty nine. Floyd Mayweather again, another former champion, but automatically not interested because both dudes out of their prime. And I guess we're past that as a society. It doesn't matter. We just want to be entertained. But the weight class thing bothers me, like everything about it, Like these are hypotheticals that people would bring up, like dumb people would bring up and you would say to yourself, you're an idiot, like hey, Cavino, you're a big fight fan. Yeah, who do you think would have won in their prime? Floyd may with her Muhammad Ali? And you'd say, get out of here, stupid. They would never fight dummy. At least twice.
Speaker 3: His Sizefren is a.
Speaker 2: Heavyweight champion, former heavyweight and Mayweather. He fought at one point thirty at one.
Speaker 3: Point or whatever.
Speaker 2: He's a welterweight, right, he's a welterweight fighting around one forty. You're talking about prime think of the weight classes. I know the average buffoon might not realize. Well, like the Julio says, are Javes versus George Foreman would ever happen? It would never happen, astronomically different in size, and today's stupid world of entertain me and spectacles and circus shows, it is a possibility.
Speaker 3: And I hate that.
Speaker 2: Not that I don't like fun, stupid show, but he got two legends of the sport making some weird compromise. It sounds and feels like such a money grab. And I'm here to tell you that I don't think anybody wanted to see that. And I say that respectfully because I'm a big fan of Mike Tyson.
Speaker 3: I love what Mayweather brought to the game.
Speaker 2: I was never a huge fan of Floyd because he beat up all the people I loved. But I don't think anyone wants to see this fight. No one was screaming for this fight. And what bothers me even more about it, and probably the most about it, is that I'll probably still watch.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: I can't take that strong stance of I'm not watching damn well, what else am I doing? On in April twenty fifth. Well, now here's the problem. The problem is that, like, for instance, this weekend, there's a really good fight Mario Barrios and Ryan Garcia. This is a great fight for a fight fan. This weekend, you got a battle, but it's a title fight by way. But there's like this sense that the average person would would rather see a spectacle and that's that.
Speaker 3: That is what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it caters to the bonehead, no doubt, but just everything about it. We saw Mike Tyson fight against Jake Paul and he looks slow. You know how slow he's gonna look against Floyd Mayweather. Floyd Mayweather is still in good shape. Think about the things you watch when you're not watching sports, Danny J. I know you and I a couple of shows in common with the wifies.
Speaker 3: Are you today?
Speaker 6: Time?
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm all caught up. I Love is Blind and Love is Blind.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna start Love is Blind tonight.
Speaker 4: I finally got good once they all went to Cabo.
Speaker 2: So yeah it does. I'm gonna start tonight. I'm surprised you're off, you know what, been falling asleep early. I'm uh, I'm being a good boy, crying baby that way. I'm nice and uh awake for Dan Patrick.
Speaker 3: But love is.
Speaker 2: Blind, Traders, even even grown men watch dumb trash TV. He in there, So are you shocked that grown men would be like, Yeah, I guess I'll get together with my buds.
Speaker 3: It's ridiculous. It makes no sense.
Speaker 2: But you know, for a fact, all four of us in this room, Me, you, Danny, j and Hi As I was saying, you know.
Speaker 3: We're all gonna be at my house watching this. Oh yeah, I'm not the guy.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, I'm firing up the grill or I'm ordering food and hey, come on over.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna not protest.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna protest like I'm very intrigued, meaning like I don't want to be I don't want to have the fomo is what I'm trying to say. I'm not I'm not wanting to see this. I was Sam, it'll be April. Oh yeah, I'll fire up the hot tub. We'll put on the projector oh, I was say, I'm in the hot tub. I think he's a hot tub boy. And by the way, what's the catchweight? This is what I don't know. Mike Tyson was a bona Fie heavyweight and still is. It's like come as you are. I don't think it's say we're gonna meet it this weight.
Speaker 3: I think it's like you're old.
Speaker 2: I'm older. That's what's dumb about it. I'm so much older, and I bet they mayweather. The McDonald's probably waved one. I leads like one seventy.
Speaker 3: Floyd's forty eight.
Speaker 2: He's forty eight years old, but he used to weigh one forty eight. He used to be one forty seven ish and he'd always, you know, eat McDonald's training just to keep the weight up. So he's like naturally a really thin light dude. Lloyd he might weigh one sixty at the most. And I'm not saying that I'm an athlete. I'm a grown man who stays in shape. These are professional athletes. I think forty big difference between fifty eight and four. No, yeah, that's what I'm saying. Like I feel me in my forties, I'm not that far off of where I was in my thirties. I feel like people in their fifties you hit that next level of like you're grown. You could, like you see professional athletes Tom Brady, so Jameis Woodley, the youngest of the old guys. We may talk about you're the freshman of the senior citizens. Yeah, like when you're in your forties, you are sort of in between. Am I the oldest of the young guys or the youngest of the old guys Floyd's late forties early fifties, you're the youngest of the oldie Yeah? And and Floyd's there now. But there's a part of me that's like, he was never an offensive fighter.
Speaker 7: He's gonna turn forty nine later this month. By Floyd was very elusive. I just wonder, is it gonna be like Mike attempting these big haymakers and Floyd just avoiding every punch and we're just watching like maybe.
Speaker 2: A very flippery man, very very wonderful man, but very flippery. I did that have to catch and with my right hook.
Speaker 4: Yeah. The Paul fight, he wasn't He wasn't active enough, remember.
Speaker 2: And he's gonna be even less active now, Like you got Jake. Paul is a big lumbering lug and Mike Tyson couldn't land couldn't couldn't pull the trigger, couldn't unleash. You think all of a sudden he's gonna be able to throw punches and bunches to catch a very elusive Floyd Mayweather.
Speaker 3: Again, God happened. We're all gonna watch.
Speaker 2: We're gonna fire up the barbecue. We're gonna invite our friends over. Because if you're gonna watch, like I said, traders, if you can watch a dumb reality show, or you go to watch curling or what are we watching that? In the background, these guys are on biathlon, people are shooting guns and cross country skiing. People got skis on and they got guns on their back. You're watching that, of course you gorgeous out there. It does look gorgeous.
Speaker 3: Anyway. I think I saw a comedian do a bit. It's like, how do those two things go together? Is it was? It's old Seifelt post somebody in the eyes and he starts swimming. Yeah, like what are we doing? It's so.
Speaker 6: Hunting and shooting I don't know, and then getting across the wilderness.
Speaker 2: Let me make this clear, I never said I wasn't going to watch. I've never taken that sort of stance ever in anything. I protest that no stubborn for the most and I'm not.
Speaker 3: Gonna lie about it.
Speaker 2: But I'm telling you I don't think there's a need for this. I think it's embarrassing. I think it's kind of sad. It feels like a money grab.
Speaker 3: I don't like it.
Speaker 2: Like there's so many intriguing matchups we'd want to see. This is not one of them. It doesn't add up.
Speaker 3: I get it. It's dumb. Everything about it stinks.
Speaker 2: Can I give you an analogy that I think you'll love? And, by the way, is this how I feel?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Do you feel the same way?
Speaker 2: No, I do, But I have an analogy that I think you're gonna love. I gotta find out though. Will this be on Netflix? And I say for free, as if Netflix doesn't cost anything, but they've done a great job of making us think we don't pay for Netflix. If this is a like ninety nine dollars pay per view, that might change the sentiment. People might be like, yeah, I'm about that. But if it's on Netflix or The Zone or something that you might already have, you'll watch for sure.
Speaker 4: It's gotta be This can't be a yeah, yeah, a separate.
Speaker 3: Pay per view.
Speaker 2: I think because pay per views are sort of you know, it's gone, we're going distinct. Like now, people no longer have to if you're a wrestling fan the days of Oh Royal Rumble or WrestleMania. No, you just have WWE Network on whatever you have. All the streaming services have now sort of made pay per view that model obsolete.
Speaker 3: But they put stuff on tears.
Speaker 6: I wanted to watch something on Netflix and they're like, you don't have the package for it.
Speaker 3: I was really upset. You the guy that has Netflix with commercials? I do?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, damn Sara, Yeah, I gotta call the boss. I wanted to watch Blue Moon and I couldn't.
Speaker 3: We got Salmon now, raise boss.
Speaker 2: I got so many platforms they can't afford him. Now he watches Netflix in tears. My analogy for you, Cove, because I know you you. You make this funny SpongeBob reference quite a bit. SpongeBob rips his pants, Yes he does, and then everyone laughs yes, and then he goes back to the well again and again and again until the point where no one cares that he split his pants. Like I feel like with these gimmicky fights, they pulling a SpongeBob SquarePants where at first it was like, oh my god, Logan Paul is fighting Mayweather or Mike Tyson's fighting whoever, Like, we've done these gimmicky fights enough now where I feel like we're getting to the point where SpongeBob has ripped his pants one too many times, Like all right, we don't care anymore. Please, This is our instinct, my instinct. If there's a bonehead out there, it's like, hey, man, I've been waiting for this five my whole life. Well I'd love to talk to you. I'd love to talk to you because that, like what made you even imagine these two guys.
Speaker 3: They're two legends, two of the best. I don't think anybody asked for this. Nobody. That's the poor executives.
Speaker 6: They are like, hey, how about Mike Tyson fight uh Floyd Mayweather, And they're like, yeah, sure, let's clap about it, all right.
Speaker 2: There was never a feud. They're in a different weight class. There are different generations you imagine, there's there's a mutual respect of sorts. There's never a there was never a generational like man Lebron or mj or A Lee or Tyson Like this is again two guys that have no real they have nothing in common other than they were dominating their weight class at a.
Speaker 3: Time in different eras.
Speaker 2: For the most part, too, Mayweather versus Tyson is official. That's why we're talking about it today.
Speaker 3: Hearing the Bombers about it for a minute.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you if the Boss hit you up after the show today, He's like, Carino, I heard.
Speaker 4: You talking about it.
Speaker 2: They want to send you to the Congo to cover Congo. Why are you going to the Congo to cover this fight?
Speaker 3: Congo Bongo? What? No, I don't even want to know.
Speaker 2: I don't want to the Dominican Republic of Congo.
Speaker 3: No thing. One way ticket for you to the car.
Speaker 2: In April twenty fifth, they're saying, tentatively agreed upon. They're saying it's official, but it's also tentatively stag tentatively agreed upon for April twenty fifth this year, like in yeah, twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's you know what? That even makes me think even more. It's a joke.
Speaker 2: I don't know, not a joke, but like I don't know, when you're that age, like a farce, Like it just feels like a gift that we didn't ask for and we didn't want. I don't know, we have to pretend like we'd like it. Well, you know what, Mayweather has sparred a gunwrack. Mayweather has sparred some randos over the years in like foreign lands for you know, big paydays.
Speaker 3: It's not new for Mayweather. We just never really watch him or can't remember.
Speaker 2: It would be like, oh Mayweather or something like Japanese champion of something and a couple of rounds of exhibition boxing doesn't affect Mayweather. He comes out looking like, hey, he's the man. He did something cool, probably makes twenty million dollars.
Speaker 3: I just all, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Think about how this plays out, and I'll tell you straight up, there's only one way that sends. I'm imagining there's no way there's an official fight right that I don't know.
Speaker 3: But this is from bleacher Report announce today.
Speaker 2: According to Ring Magazine, if this is a sanctioned fight, no chance that Mayweather loses. Remember he's fifty and oh there's no way. I'm not saying there's a fix. I'm just saying there's no way. Remember his game. His game is swim and don't get wet. As they say, stick and move.
Speaker 3: Hit and run. You already said it.
Speaker 2: Rich defensive fighter, right the luthor, the wonderful luthive man. There's no way Tyson couldn't catch shake Paul. He's gonna be chasing Mayweather. Mayweather's gonna hit him and run. I hit him and move, we can move. The whole fight is gonna be like, you know, trying to catch him. And that's the entire fight. Mayweather wins by decision. While I did give you, while I did give you the SpongeBob analogy. Oo, these gimmicky fights, you know, it's like ripping.
Speaker 3: Guess what squid weird? I split my pants.
Speaker 2: It's like ripping your pants one too many times. We've seen these split his pants. But do you think maybe, just maybe, Danny g we've watched some of these fights together. We watched it with some of our other palace can we know? Do you think maybe one of these fights something crazy will happen because we've we've sort of come up short. We saw Mike Tyson's ass in the last fight. That was enough we saw. We saw Mike's budd that wasn't crazy enough for you. We talked about it with him, we had him on the show and he's like, I didn't even realize.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know, and.
Speaker 5: I was just gonna say, guys will change your tune really quick if we book Tyson on the show again.
Speaker 2: I'm not talking smack to Mike. I'm not stupid. You think I going to be there? Like, Yo, Mike, this is dumb.
Speaker 4: What do you mean?
Speaker 3: I was kidding and I was going, Yo, bro can't wait, Bro, can't wait. Yo.
Speaker 2: You might gott to be crazy to talk smacked Tyson. But there's a part of me that's like, if you have fifteen twenty gimmicky fights, eventually something wild will happen just by pure what no, just by pure statistics, Right, Like if we watched one too many of these Jake Paul, Logan Paul gimmicky ks I or eventually something one of them will result in, Oh crap, look what happened.
Speaker 3: Here's what I mean. Is that the hope? Remember the hope? We were all dumb? You want one of the Mike's tigers to come maulling into the ring?
Speaker 2: Do you remember how dumb we were? I'm the dumbest. I remember when Tyson fought Jake Paul, I was one of would you would you easily say one of millions of idiotic gen z and millennials that were like, I'm gonna put one hundred books on Mike and you might as well. I might as well have taken a hundred dollar Bill Williams with a lighter sick you would. Kat Williams bro that he does a whole bit on it in his new Netflix special about how he put money on my type. Really how stupid he felt. I you know what, maybe be Kat Williams, same guy. You know what, man, here's what I here's my request. Okay, because we already established I don't watch any fight, even though I'll reluctantly watch this one. If you're gonna be the casual bonehead that's gonna tune in, all I ask is, if you're gonna watch a stupid spectacle and you're gonna keep watching this stupid stuff, these circus fights, please just watch one that matters, and watch one this weekend. Ryan Garcia, Mario Barrios. It's a title fight. There's fights that Matt. If you're gonna watch this stupid stuff, they're gonna keep serving it, right, so they're gonna keep feeding you, just bs you. You're gonna keep eating fast food.
Speaker 3: Health. Yeah, have some sushi here for love.
Speaker 2: So watch at least watch a fight that matters, because fights, there are still fights out there that matter. This is just dumb to appease the dumbest people on the planet.
Speaker 3: And yes, we're one of them, two of them, three of them. We're probably all gonna watch.
Speaker 2: We're all. But again we bounce it out by still watching fights that matter. If you watched the NBA Dunk Contest this weekend, you're watching this fight. Let's leave it at that. But as Sam said, as we said, nobody asked for this. Yeah, well, hey, your thoughts, We'll take your feedback. Covino and Rich doing it live in for the Great Dan Patrick, and we got more next.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show week days at nine am Eastern six a m. Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAP. Fox Sports Radio was taking over YouTube and you can be a part of it. J Just go to YouTube and search Fox.
Speaker 8: Sports Radio, hit that subscribe button and smash that notification bell and catch all the videos from your favorite shows. Tu Pro's and a Cup of Joe, Dan Patrick, Colin Cowhard, Doug Gottlieb, Cavino and Rich, The Odd Couple with Rob Parker and Kelvin Washington, The Jason Smith Show with Mike Harmon, and The Ben Maller Show. Fox Sports Radio on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Subscribe, hit that thumbs up icon and comment away. Welcome back to the Showgram Program, Covino and Rich. We're on five to seven on the East Monday through Friday nationwide, the world famous CNR on FSR two to four on the West. But when they say, hey, you want to fill in for DP, we say yes, of course, because we know the Sandman listens and we want to be in his movie.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh yes, I love those guys, right.
Speaker 2: Oh and Frank Kellando. Yeah, one day Cavino hopes to have Frank through an impression of him.
Speaker 3: Yes, that would be great. I would love that. That's a divorse.
Speaker 2: We got to win over some of the Dan Patrick listeners to come check out our show. And plus he's a legend and it's always an honor again Danny g Iowa Sam playing some Nirvana.
Speaker 5: By the way, the highlight of my Super Bowl week was after you two had Caliendo on the stage. He went in the back where I was sitting and he walked up to me and he impersonated my voice. And he was like cool, and I'm like why, I say, you do it way better than Covino.
Speaker 2: Yo, man, I can't believe it's Frank Collendo yoo man.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 2: By the way, for over forty years, Tyreck's and helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive, shipped fast and free back by free road hazard protection, with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation Tiraq tyraq dot com with tire buying should be speaking of impressions, I want to hear Frank Caliendo's best coach, Lou.
Speaker 3: Brown Dirack Tyraq.
Speaker 2: And by the way, Sam, you played some Nirvana on the way back. Since we're talking Mike Tyson and Floyd Mayweather back in the nineties, it was nineteen ninety four when he committed suicide. You know, there's a lot of legitimate speculation now and there always has been, but legitimate based on forensics today that's say homicide not suicide. Saw that, yeah in the news, and yeah, there's a lot of humh It would have been impossible, they're saying for him to have killed himself with that level of drugs in his system and a lot of people scratching their noggins, saying, okay, all right, so then who did it?
Speaker 3: Oh, the nineties, thirty something years ago. I always thought the seventies were thirty years ago. What happened to that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he said thirty years ago? You mean the seventies before we were born. No, No, thirty years ago, the mid nineties. Yeah, I know, times flying if you just joined us. We're talking Mike Tyson. We're talking like it's nineteen ninety something. But Mike Tyson is doing something that people only, well boneheads, only talked about.
Speaker 3: Who do you think we're winning the fun? All right? Mike Tyson or Floyd Mayweather.
Speaker 2: And you'd slap that idiot and say they would never fight each other because they're in different weight classes.
Speaker 3: Moron.
Speaker 2: But now, to appease the morons of today, it is happening, and it's tentatively agreed upon for April twenty fifth. But they're saying that the fight is official, and it's the fight that no one asked for. As I said before, it's like getting a gift that you really didn't want. Yeah, thanks, owners, thank you, thanks. Oh Mitten's freezy freakies. They still make these.
Speaker 3: Oh, hypercolor shirts.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that. Well, thanks for your feedback. We'll wrap it up. The live chat is up at Covino and rich FSSR and you can stream us live. You can watch us live watch what you hear at Covino and rich FSR on YouTube. Stell O and Stockton said, the SpongeBob analogy actually hit well. Again, if you don't watch SpongeBob, which I didn't really by the way, my kids do a little bit.
Speaker 3: It's fantastic. It is. And I'm not one of those let's watch cartoons.
Speaker 2: You like watching SpongeBob when you were like high in college. Is that when you watched it. No, I'm a father and my daughter would watch it. I just like SpongeBob was like, yeah, you'd see it on. I mean I also have like nieces and nephews and younger siblings, right, So I have younger siblings that would watch it a lot. And it was a famous episode where he splits his pants by accident and everybody loves it and laughs. So he goes to that well again and again and again, and by the end of the episode.
Speaker 3: No one cares.
Speaker 2: Look I he splits his pants and then no one's laughing anymore. We're going back to this circus fight well one too many times? Yeah, like, how many years about Tyson Mayweather? At least that's how I feel. How many times do we get to watch a no longer in their prime legend fight another no longer in their prime legend, or some young kid that shouldn't deserve the shot. Here's the interesting thing about this, This is straight up just how we feel. We could be totally wrong about it. There might be millions of people out there like, finally, I've been waiting for thirty years for this match up.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's just not me. I couldn't give a dead least squat less about this.
Speaker 2: But Mike Tyson Mayweather, It's gonna happen, and none of us We're all gonna watch like this, Oh too old guys. You know what Floyd brings. You're gonna be telling your kids like these were the best of the best.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know what happened.
Speaker 2: Floyd brings the same vibe that a Paul Brother does, which is like, oh god, yeah, you respect them, but you hate their vibe. Sometimes everyone's gonna root for Mike because that's what they would do, and I split my pants. And what's gonna happen is you know he's gonna avoid Mike. Mike's gonna, you know, try to land some big punches and we're all gonna be sad.
Speaker 3: Hey, Patrick and the squid word. I split my pants again.
Speaker 2: You already we already saw your ass. Mike Tyson well in the last fight. And by the way, I say that respectfully, Mike Tyson one my favorite. I mean, who is not intrigued by the most interesting man on the face of the earth, Mike Tyson. He's one of my favorite athletes of all time, one of the greats. So this is no disrespect. This is my initial feeling on this. Would you agree though, that the the Mike's of your childhood? What's your top five childhood Mike's You gotta go birthday boy, Michael Jordan, everybody wanted to be like Mike you gotta go Tyson. You know why because Michael Jordan, of all these people, well, no, you can say the same probably for all of them, but he, more than any than any of them, I think, transcended alliance. Like were we all bulls fans or were we all Michael Jordan fans, so Jordan Tyson, Jackson, Michael j Fox, mike' seaver. I was gonna say, who's the fifth? If you got to put a number five?
Speaker 3: Is there? I feel like which was a bigger Boner fan truth. Mike's was legendary back in those days. What was his name? What's st the Bone?
Speaker 2: No, Michael Stabone, Yeah, Michael Stabone. No, I don't know what it was his name, Boner's name. I don't know his dad's name on the show Growing Pains with Sylvester Stabone. That is true, That's that's I remember that. Is there a fifth mic that even comes close to the Jordan Jay Fox, Jackson Tyson? There is there an outlier Mike that belongs to this conversation. Phelps is later he was Richard Stabone. Richards Richards. Oh, that makes sense, and his dad was Stabone. Just a quick search. George, Mike, George, Michael, Michael Bolton is on there. Yeah, famous Michael sopheties. By the way, this is a total I'm sorry to get off. I was in the sauna the other day, right, it was actually it was on Valentine's Day, So I'm in the sauna at the gym sounds romantic.
Speaker 3: No, Well, the gym's right across the street from here Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: So I was killing some time breaking a sweat. I like to come home and pretend like I actually broke a sweat. So I go into the sauna and I cheat. You know, where is it a shirt in the sauna?
Speaker 3: Sometimes? Yeah? Actually yeah all the time.
Speaker 2: Just think I need to expose my pepperoni nipples to strange women that come walking in.
Speaker 3: It's a coh it sauna. I'm good on that.
Speaker 2: But I'm just saying, like, then, are you like I do you have a hankering to see my jelly rolls? But I'm saying, you go the sauna, you end up like yeah, but that's the last thing I do. Then your shirt is soaking wet. But I'm not like hanging out in it through us today. I'm going home to get in your car with a soaking wet shirt on. Your kids wept their boogers on your seat. You want a sweaty shirt is a big deal. So anyway, I'm sitting there in the sauna and there's some guy right next.
Speaker 3: To me thinking that the world can't hear.
Speaker 2: Him or everybody in the sauna and he's blasting Michael Bolton, dude, and like, should I let him know that he's listening? And I'm thinking I'm rationalizing for him. I'm like, well, it is Valentine's Day. Maybe he's trying to get into the mood.
Speaker 3: Maybe you all I hear.
Speaker 2: Is tell me how am I supposed to live with her? And I'm like, should I tell this guy that everybody could hear the lame musical choices he's making right now? With you? Say?
Speaker 3: Can you hear me it? What's a Michael Bolton? Get me?
Speaker 2: This is the perfect way to get me in the mood on a Tuesday. You wait about six minutes, let it.
Speaker 3: Let it be, knowing that when you think people don't hear, they can. I really think that.
Speaker 2: You know a lot of times you think you're in your own zone, but people know what you're listening to.
Speaker 5: I have a much better musical mic for you from the eighties.
Speaker 3: Are you gonna go?
Speaker 4: Mike d You guys always throw.
Speaker 2: Michael Michael MacDonald? Do you give a shout out the other day? I appreciate that. Falsettuparm. I think Michael McDonald's more of a seventies yacht rock guy.
Speaker 4: He's more of a Michael Michael Michael, I think of the Mics.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but when you're talking of that era, you got your broking like late eighties nineties, late eighties nineties.
Speaker 3: See low said Michael Landon.
Speaker 4: Hi, what I have?
Speaker 3: Heaven big? But Michael Landon was big, but he's not. He was older.
Speaker 2: I think I think there's there's four. There's four Michaels of the eighties, and we can move on from that.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Coming up, we are going to talk some NFL Tyreek Hill and I still have to tell you about this perfect spot to go, whether it's family night or date night. I went last night, and I want to analyze one of our favorites here on Cavino and Rich we'll do that. Next. We're live from the Fox Sports Radio studio. In for Dan Patrick Cavino and Rich More. Next.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot Com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 3: His name is Mike d and he gets respect.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I think you're gonna play Michael Bolton uh Kevino Ranch in for Dan Patrick and by the way, I'll roll with the beasts, though, what's up Brooklyn?
Speaker 4: You can hear Bolton when you get back in your car after the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Rich, it's like, I don't get the story. I love Michael Bolt's weird when I put out a serious sexm love on my way home. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Covino owners live from the Fox Sports Radio studio. After the show, the DPT podcast and our stream goes up. Danny g super produces the best of So if you miss anything, just search Coveno, CoV I, n O, Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and be sure to follow, rate and review five stars only because anything less is uncivilized, So catch the podcast and better yet, we're streaming live as we speak, so you can watch what you hear now or in the future anytime.
Speaker 3: Covino and Rich FSR.
Speaker 2: You see all of our interviews from Super Bowl everybody from Emmitt Smith to Jackson Dart to Gary Vaynerchuk. We had lots of people stop by super Bowl week interviews, our specials, our bonus podcast Over Promised, which is one of the best things we do. Over Promised with Covino and Rich. Everything at Covino and Rich FSR. Even the live chats popping right now, Covino and rich FSR. If you want to chop it up, I mean everything this is I said, wait to go, cove. Let's go to the phones and say hello to you guys.
Speaker 3: What's up? Danny? G Who do?
Speaker 5: We got a couple of quick calls about Michael's Nick in since he wants.
Speaker 3: To wear Yeah, what's up? Nick?
Speaker 1: What up?
Speaker 3: Boys? What's up? I got Mike?
Speaker 6: I got Michael Johnson, the Olympian sprinter.
Speaker 3: That dude was a monster. Yeah, but I had the golden shoes. I mean yeah, but he's not in the category of Michael j. Fox.
Speaker 2: My Jordan's about Michael Jonathon, but no, not Michaels Johnson, Mike Who else we got there?
Speaker 3: Boy? C Bob wants to weigh boysie, what's up? Man? Tell us you had to get some stronger coffee. How are you gonna do? My boy? Mike Myers like that?
Speaker 2: Come on, mikeres is more nineties, dude, He's more nineties I do liars though, legend we never call him Michael Myers. Isn't that just too much a serial kills? We call Mike Tyson, Mike and Michael Dan, Michae Let me tell you, right, I love me some Mike Myers, but I don't put him in that era. Yeah, late nineties, late ninety.
Speaker 3: He underrated Mike Myers. I think he is.
Speaker 2: I think every time we talk about It's the World, here was Wayne's World nineties.
Speaker 3: There's no Mike Myers in the eighties.
Speaker 6: Like, no, it's not. I mean he was coming up through Canada. Or let me tell you.
Speaker 2: When people talk about who's your favorite comedic guys, we always say the Sandman, we say Jim Carrey, We'll have to say Will Ferrell. We always leave Mike Myers out of the mix. Youet all of his movies ninety two, Wayne's World. Yeah, that's why, Boise, I'm with you. I love Mike Myers, but we're talking. If you were a kid of the eighties, it was Michael j Fox, Mike Tyson, Michael Jackson, Michael Jordan, and Michael Kine and and Michael k And the reason we bring this up, by the way, if you just joined us, you just got in your car, Michael Bolton, you're on your lunch break, whatever you're doing right now. The reason we bring this up is because it's official. Hey man, I don't know everyone's on a different SCO in our London affiliate Mike Tyson and Floyd Mayweather, any other Floyd's out there, you want to shout out, Uncle Floyd, rest in peace, Mike Tyson and Void Mayweather. Our fighting it's official, tentatively agreed upon for April twenty fifth. It's to fight that we're all going to watch that nobody wanted to see. Well, let's look forward to that in April. You used to got Baseball World Baseball Classic MBA, which we'll talk about a little later. The All Star numbers are back, and you know what, got to get props for they're due. The ratings were way better than people thought.
Speaker 3: Ratings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people like the competitive nature of the game.
Speaker 5: And you know, like we said yesterday, it was an improvement. So we knew improved. We knew it was headed in the right direction.
Speaker 2: Our criticism on the game was it was a little confusing. And you know, I'm going based on the buzz of social media, people were confused by it. Calculators, Yeah, I guess. But you know what, though, if you take the temperature of society solely on social media does not everything sucks.
Speaker 3: Honestly, though it's a quick Google search like, hey, how does this work?
Speaker 4: Again? Yeah, it really is. Round robin tournaments aren't that difficult cultiple, It's not.
Speaker 3: That hard to figure out. But I think people were.
Speaker 2: People were at least excited that they're trying to do something different.
Speaker 3: It's around robin, not a quadratic equation. Jesus.
Speaker 2: All right, So I said, last night I did something that is such a family home run touchdown, such a great date night. We took the kids out with another family we're friends with from baseball Swinger action. Oh wait, or hanging out with another family. Okay, I don't know, man, you're you're kind of out there. I wouldn't be surprised listen to this guy. And we went for hibachi. Some people love to always correct me and.
Speaker 3: Say it's typing yawky. I know, well, those we deserve a kick in the scrotum.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, because my whole life has been Hbaiah for all intents and purposes, Hibachi ari rang, give me another? Uh, what's the main one? Benny Benny High, don't never tell me you're a fan if you can't name more than two yeah, but I've never been. I've never been to a Benny Han. I think i've I think I've always gone to the Otherwise, there's one right down the street. Your motto, let's go there. Something's fishy. There's a bunch from here in the valley. Let me tell you, we're live from the valley. All valley karate champions Cavino and people don't realize it's chotty Lawrence, Daniel Luisa and Steve Covina that true story. You take the kids or a date night to hibachi. The only negative is that you leave that place smelling like ass. They have no ventilation. Those grill there's like ten grills going at once. Whatever you wore that day immediately.
Speaker 3: Needs to go in the wash or the dry cleaner. You have to.
Speaker 2: It's funny you say that, because I wasn't sure if that was ass or onion volcano.
Speaker 3: I smelled No, I smell like grilled meat. I had that.
Speaker 2: Oh, I Sam's like, I like people that smell like grilled meat. I had a shower immediately when I got home, and then I showered again to wake up this morning. I laid in bed last night, I was like, my wife, your hair smells like kibachi, says Richie. Smell like or fried rice. I can't tell. So my theory is that if you take a date or someone to hibachi and they don't have a fun time, they are the problem.
Speaker 3: It's the ultimate gauge.
Speaker 2: If you take someone and they don't like the onion volcano beating hard, refuse to catch the shrimp. If you refuse to catch a shrimp or a little zucchini piece, if you don't have fun at hibachi, you're probably the worst person. I'm just saying it now. It's the ultimate test. Oh, what are some other no fails? It's a good question. We'll take your feedback. Next those no fails A la Hibachi more CNR in for DP next