Speaker 1: This feels like a conversation of people that are not getting old, but getting older.
Speaker 2: You have to let it go and move on and release that that art, get ready for your next art, and just evolve as an artist, like constantly, just be in motion.
Speaker 1: I try every time I see a sun set to say thank you, guys, it came out still be.
Speaker 3: Word.
Speaker 4: I think that you sacrifice a little bit of yourself every day that you deny what your soul.
Speaker 5: Is yearning for.
Speaker 6: That's growth too, thank you.
Speaker 5: I wish I could just have some vertical growth, but want.
Speaker 7: I'm sure we've had to live a lot of the same things being yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to in our Own World podcast. Yes this is the same season, and yes, this is a new year, so welcome, and I hope you have recovered.
Speaker 5: And nobody was drinking. I know that doesn't happen on the new year, so I hope you enjoyed whatever.
Speaker 2: Vegetables and ginger shots and tequila shots that you all took. Welcome, Yeah, we missed you.
Speaker 5: Why do you stop clapping?
Speaker 8: I don't worry if it hidden well yeah yeah, yeah, it may not reveal you yet, but I like a mysterious mysterious voice, and Wicked is in right now, so you're like.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna watch Wicked today.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, it's well like edit it.
Speaker 9: So your voice is like, well, now that you've heard a little bit of these mysterious voices, These dynamic brothers have made a significant impact in the Latin music scene, and let's face it, the universal music scene, because right now we are in outer space and.
Speaker 5: We've heard it all the way up here.
Speaker 2: They burst onto the charts with their breakout hit me Mala featuring krol G We've met her too, She's Nice, and have since released their acclaimed EP Ada and the album but I've Been dudas equal you see That, which peaked at number three on the Billboard Latin Pop charts. Mau Irigi have been gracing the halls of a school that I too attended, and trust me.
Speaker 4: They were just as cool when they were kids.
Speaker 2: It was frankly annoying because not only were they so cool, but they were just as nice and talented, which everybody obviously notes.
Speaker 5: Noes, not notes, but notes.
Speaker 2: They received multiple accolades, including nominations for the Latin Grammy Awards for Best New Artists and Song of the Year for Ren Debaca. Most recently, they were nominated for three awards at the twenty twenty four Latin Grammy Awards, also looking fly as hell for their album Hotel Kadakas, which if you haven't seen the video, it's incredible, very cinematic intro, which hopefully we'll talk more about.
Speaker 5: With them now.
Speaker 2: And that is an example of how they evolve so much as artists, and having them here on the couch is also an example of how they're easily kidnapped to do strange things. So please welcome the amazing mappy you missed.
Speaker 1: It's okay, wait, that was amazing. The only one thing I will say. I was not cool in school.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I was not.
Speaker 3: Cool at all.
Speaker 5: Do you think.
Speaker 6: You have those classes? It was awesome.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you guys, thank you so much. That was not the perception of myself. Yeah, I mean I felt like I was my own thing. I was definitely not like part of the cool kids, you know that the ones that would be really good at sports and stuff.
Speaker 7: I wasn't either, But I was friends with everyone, which was you were like kind of except me from all the bullying and stuff like that, you know, like everybody, the older kids when they would try to bully me, they weren't successful because obviously I was friends with all of them, and so.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that made me you were too nice? We were, we weren't.
Speaker 5: I will take the nice thing because that was you guys are definitely cool.
Speaker 2: Also, you said, oh, went on, maybe you didn't measure yourself correctly. Girl, whatever, you were measuring yourself. And trust me, you don't want to come into mycoler over here because she was grim and I'm glad my two pigtails.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, absolutely sorry.
Speaker 4: I think that was like a fifteen year era of pigtails. I swear to you, I've seen all the pictures of Emily childhood.
Speaker 3: It's not because we're in the universe, right once we go back to Earth, goes back back to tail.
Speaker 6: You know what it is. It was.
Speaker 3: It was conceptual.
Speaker 1: It was like she's like doing my childhood, my image, my brand, my brand, two big tails, and then she kept that for fifteen years.
Speaker 6: You know, that's.
Speaker 5: Artistically there you go, that's a nice way. Hold on, I'm opening my spicy trauma box.
Speaker 2: The realty is that I was actually it was a rebellious attempt to go against people being Likeleen.
Speaker 5: And I felt like super.
Speaker 2: Uncomfortable with my hair down. Not to get too personal, and instead I'm so glad.
Speaker 5: I'm so glad they're gone.
Speaker 1: I will say that that's that's awesome, that that you kept it the rebellion thing for that long. That speaks a lot about your drive and commitment to my lack.
Speaker 5: Of care of my appearance. But here I am.
Speaker 6: You always killed it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, pigtails, they're not.
Speaker 2: I mean, she really killed it again if they ever come up. Everybody has permission to kill the braids, so do it quickly anyway.
Speaker 5: So you guys, obviously.
Speaker 2: From a young age, we're always doing music. I at first tried to go against it. You know, Jim is also a musician, so she knows inherently how much you can't like avoid something like that. For each of you, when did you feel like you knew, like, all right, this is something that I know I can't live without, and I want to pursue despite what happened prior to you you choosing.
Speaker 1: Honestly, for me, it was never not the route I was going to take. I always knew, since I was very little that that this is what I wanted to do that. I that I that anything that was anything other than music was a waste of time. So for me, school was hard because I was like what am I doing here? You know, Like yeah, Dad, I'd be like dad that my dad also does this for a living. So I'm like that, how many times a day do you use math?
Speaker 6: Like for real? Like use algebra for real?
Speaker 1: Like no, well no, it's exactly like I want to do the same thing you do, So what do I need to be here? So I always knew that music was kind of like my but I feel like we get reminded of that, even though like I'd never stopped making music, the reason or the love of why you do music, we constantly like remind ourselves because I I time, I wanted to make it so bad, you know, like I wanted this to be my life so bad that I was like willing to sacrifice anything. You know. It was like what do I need to do?
Speaker 6: What do I got to you know?
Speaker 1: And then it comes that I've learned with age and studying like myself also like I've realized now that that part of my personality is like sure, I could kind of mold myself to try to do things that might make it easier for people to like me, But at the end of the day, I always go back to who I truly am and what I want to do and what like my ideas are. So we are constantly reminding ourselves of why we do music, and it's not to make money or to go out and be huge, and you know, like the core reason of why we make music is because we love to make music, you know. So I've reminded myself many times to us why I do this. You know. I guess since I was born till now, I keep reminding myself, you know.
Speaker 6: So I feel like.
Speaker 7: I don't remember the moment where I said, all right, yes, this is but I do remember this one moment where we're already kind of we're already recording our first album, and that was already I must have been thirteen, fourteen.
Speaker 4: And it's amazing, that's insane, that's incredible.
Speaker 7: And I remember that we would go to the studio and we'd spend hours and we'd be recording and have to re record it because our voices would change and all that stuff. And I remember there was this one time where I just wanted to go play soccer as a kid with.
Speaker 6: Like some of my friends or something like that.
Speaker 7: And I remember that I had this conversation I think it was with my dad where he was like, this is a job. If you do want to do this, it has to be something that you when you sian percento, you know, all in. And I knew I wanted to be all in, but at the same time, there was a part of me that that was like, but I'm also a kid, you know, and I'm also like feeling.
Speaker 6: Rick and I were.
Speaker 7: We always knew we wanted to do this together, and Rick was already ready already with the mindset, and me as a thirteen year old, I think I was like, yeah, yes, I really want this as well, but I also sometimes want to go hanging. And I feel like that made me grow up a little bit.
Speaker 6: Too quickly, you know.
Speaker 7: Although my parents also they always told us, hey, don't rush, there's always time, don't rush, Don't do it when you're so young, because we want you to have a normal life. And I think that was a little bit obviously Ricky and I pressured them so much.
Speaker 6: So I think that was my dad a little bit saying like, yo, so.
Speaker 7: You you you guys pressured us into allowing you guys to already start the thing. Oh no, if you want to do this.
Speaker 6: A lot of times, you just gotta go full throttle. It's a momento.
Speaker 7: I feel like was one of those moments where I made a decision internally.
Speaker 6: I was like, you see, I guess let's go.
Speaker 4: Let's wow, that's incredible. You were talking, Ricky about constantly running into the reason why you love music, why you like to do what you do, And I know that the word why leans a lot to both of you. Now you have a podcast, the hy Podcast and the Y Project and the Y Club is like this overarching theme. But for somebody who doesn't know what that is, can you explain that to us?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 10: So, the the word why and just purpose in general was something that I felt like it's became a big part of our lives.
Speaker 6: A couple of years back where we.
Speaker 7: Realized I guess we always kind of knew that music wasn't just It wasn't just oh, let me just be famous, so let me just do this for the heck of it, or let me just survive or try to make money.
Speaker 6: It was way more than that. It was way deeper, and.
Speaker 7: I guess I hit a wall where I realized that living through my ego and just based on my ego was really affecting me in general. Then when I tell it to Ricky, he felt because we are living the same being in the same band together a lot of times you kind of live the same things. And I remember telling it to Ricky and be like, Dude, I just feel like this way of us working is not at all beneficial for our health in general. You know, I feel like our mental health was was struggling.
Speaker 6: And a lot of things were affecting us. And so I.
Speaker 7: Remember realizing the importance of living through purpose and how that kind of it doesn't mean you're exempt from a lot of things, but it does mean that if you focus on that, you start to give less importance to things that your ego would give importance to, Like, for example, comparison, you know, like.
Speaker 6: It's a thief of joy.
Speaker 11: Yep, fun sponge see, but if he had the in living through purpose, it allows you to see things also through through, through, through gratitude, and through.
Speaker 6: It's just one of those keys.
Speaker 7: And so that helps and living a life of way more contentment and being a lot more fulfilled and and happy. So starting to kind of look through all of that. We started realizing that that was a common theme in not only our music, but in everything we wanted to kind of represent and what we wanted.
Speaker 6: To be about.
Speaker 7: We wanted to also to help people find that because we know there's so many people not only in our industry, but in every walk alive, in every career that are struggling with the same things we would struggle with because we didn't have that just different set of lens.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 7: It's it's not like a lot changed, just is we started looking at life in a different way doing the same thing. We still we were still making music. It's not like we changed that. It's just we felt like there was way more than just this.
Speaker 6: That and and we wanted to share that.
Speaker 7: And that's why the Why project and the podcast and everything kind of around y club and et cetera, because we feel the importance of of sharing that message of what's worked for us, which is living through that purpose.
Speaker 1: And it kind of I think just fell into like our community and our and the people that follow our music, you know, we it was it was something we were communicating and then we started realizing, like we have these white tattoos to remind ourselves, like you know, that's the first kind of things we did.
Speaker 6: We all got like we both had.
Speaker 1: The fans started getting white tattoos. And we've always kind of with this idea of there's more than just this. We knew that there was more of a responsibility than just putting music out and the people there listening to our music. So we've always had a kind of like a like a weird relationship with the word fan or like fan, you know. So that's why we're like okay, and we've we've kind of been like trying to figure it out through our career, like this is this isn't a project that was like super planned from the beginning and it's.
Speaker 6: Like, all right, guys, this is what it's going to be.
Speaker 1: It's kind of been like making learning, making making it up as we go. So now we've realized also that that the people that really connect with our music and beyond our music, with the message or whatever. It's like, we're what can we call these the group of people that are also on this journey, you know, So everything kind of just yeah close together with the Y Club and the Y Club records like music with we're now owners of our mone.
Speaker 5: So it's also manifestent.
Speaker 4: We need to get Ricky his own path.
Speaker 1: Come on, he's.
Speaker 6: That This would have been all like you're a wireless.
Speaker 2: Like, okay, do you guys feel like an aspect of the Y project could be interpreted as like the year round New Year's resolution?
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, I get that, Yeah for sure, yeah.
Speaker 4: Weaving yeah now, but that's so that's so true because that always abandoned New Year's resolutions and things like that.
Speaker 2: And when you everything I've learned about, not only the Why Project, how you weave that into your music and everything, hey, Brittany, is that it's consistent and you make it a part of what you do every day, you know, loving your partners, your children, your pars that way. So what I'm saying is what I interpret like somebody who takes something away, which you both have heard you both say like, oh, well from your art, you can take away multiple things. It's you can interpret it. And I would be like, yeah, it's just a consistent reminder to ask yourself those really hard questions daily in everything you do. And my question is like, if you have any advice on a small way to open that door for anybody who's listening, like, how do you begin that process? Because it seems daunting a little bit scary when you're facing I.
Speaker 4: Mean, it's kind of easy, I think, right in today's society to walk around without purpose. I mean maybe not so easy because you're like, you know, I think that you sacrifice a little bit of yourself every day that you deny what your soul is yearning for. But it is the more comfortable route because I think that a lot of us, I mean even myself, sometimes you know, we go around just performing the task.
Speaker 1: Them kind of you, and it's it's easy to be numb. You don't have to be like smoke to be numb or like like just on the phone. You can lose hours on that scrolling and not think about your problems and nothing. So, yeah, you're I think you're absolutely right that most people we go and in times like I'll figure myself sometimes I'll be on my phone and be like I've been swiping for thirty five minutes right now, Like what am I doing? You know? So, but you were gonna you.
Speaker 7: Know, I think that you you you spoke of a great point, which is that those questions are very daunting, and I think that they create way more anxiety than they actually should.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 7: One of the things that we thought was important when starting to talk about all of this is kind of trying to take out all that stress and all that anxiety to the actual question, especially because everybody's time is different, also because it should actually be a very beautiful kind of journey. We say that the search is halfway finding it, you know, because the search in it of itself becomes a bit of a purpose, you know. And I would also say to just try to surround yourself with people who are in that same journey of looking for that or that have already found it. I think that a lot of times what ends up happening is because this is a question that isn't necessarily either people are very scared of this question or they've never actually asked themselves that. You know, it's not very common to ask yourself what is your purpose? And nowadays I think that there's more info now on that, But if you think about it, the way we grew up, we didn't necessarily have all of that info. We have the info of whatever the TV, radio, and let's say the media told us. Now with social media, there's more, you know, but still it's kind of pushed to you.
Speaker 6: You know, whatever it is that that your algorithm kind of.
Speaker 7: Tells you it is what you are supposed to.
Speaker 6: Listen to it.
Speaker 7: So I would say that surround yourself with people and try to realize that it's not You're not supposed to get to this super quick.
Speaker 6: You don't have to know now, and it's okay.
Speaker 3: One still figuring it out and it evolves.
Speaker 6: It doesn't have to be one solid thing forever.
Speaker 7: And a lot of times people kind of fix themselves on thinking no, no, nocambia.
Speaker 5: It stays this is mad, this is.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 7: And I also believe that you could find purpose in different seasons for life, and you could also find purpose in different things or situations, say on difficult moments.
Speaker 6: I think you could find.
Speaker 7: Purpose in that always and also find purpose in even a project that you're doing. Let's say, I find purpose in this podcast that we're creating because it's a way for us to speak on things that maybe aren't spoken of. I think that that's why these spaces are important, because it allows us to go into depth into conversations that we weren't necessarily raised to have. You know, yes, okay, being familia that was extremely communicative, you know, like that we would we had great communication, but it wasn't part of culture to speak on anxiety, depression and all that type of stuff, you know, or et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. And sosays, now that surround yourself with people. I have an amazing group of friends and family that we are constantly trying to help each other find that or pursue this life of living with purpose. There's no right answers that community and that being able to say all, do this work for me?
Speaker 6: Or et cetera helps a lot.
Speaker 2: I love that and influence, like you said, the people that you have around you.
Speaker 4: See what would you say you're most grateful for in twenty twenty four? Ah, you see, I got an approval.
Speaker 3: I gotta.
Speaker 1: I'm grateful for many things. But this has been a year for us. It's been a very crucial and key year for us in our creative career. We've We've made certain hard decisions that we've had to make because of this that I'm telling you, Like when you realize, like yo, why do I do this? And what do I want? And how do I want to get there? Because a lot of times you could have a common goal, or there's different routes to get to that common goal, you know, And in life, we spend most of our time on the route to the goal. You know, that route and that journey gotta you gotta design that too, because you're spending most of your time on that journey. So if that journey's gonna be off anxiety filled and like comparison and like more more, you know, and miserable, you could still get there. But you get there like fuck, was this even fucking worth it? Versus if you're like, I'll take the scenic route, Well you're gonna take Oh, it's gonna take two and a half more hours to get to the Yeah, but do you want to stand out and smoke a joint, watch the fucking sun come down? I wanna then come here?
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 1: You gotta design that route too. So twenty twenty four was a big year for us to make a lot of hard choices to live our life that way. So I am grateful for the fact that God gave me kind of like the the courage and my brother as well to make those those choices and those hard choices. And I'm excited for what's to come. So I'm grateful you know, I agree.
Speaker 6: I am great.
Speaker 5: I love that.
Speaker 4: I agree period.
Speaker 7: Next, I am also grateful for because I retweet that, like I'm also there.
Speaker 4: Also thank you for saying retweet Yeah. I thought I was the only person who still said that you can't.
Speaker 3: Re exit exit, retweet it.
Speaker 4: You're gonna retweet it, and wow, I know ret yo.
Speaker 1: Wait think about that.
Speaker 3: I know that's fucked up.
Speaker 6: It changed, everything changed, and I I'm grateful for.
Speaker 7: I feel like I'm grateful for how perfect God's timing was with this album coming out, the moment when it did, you know, also because of where my head was and where my brother's head was. In general, I feel like we're in this such a beautiful, peaceful moment of our of knowing where it was that we wanted to go, you know, as a band, but also personally, I like, I told you guys, I'm now a dad and that yeah, he's two beat this album coming out us being able to live this album through the eyes.
Speaker 6: Of this dad.
Speaker 7: That that is that sees how his son also enjoys the heck out of these songs and sharing the moments on the road with all of us, you know, as a family kind of living that.
Speaker 6: I'm grateful for that because.
Speaker 7: At the end of the day, when I was dreaming of this, I always dreamt it like that, you know. I always dreamt us as a family on the road and my kids. Rick doesn't have kids yet, but our kids kind of playing while we're there on the road and the bus or in the plane and going to.
Speaker 6: Wherever it was that we were going to play. Let next, you know, So that.
Speaker 4: Was kind of your childhood as well.
Speaker 6: No, it was literally that.
Speaker 4: I love that you want to replicate it. That just shows how beautiful it was in your appreciation for.
Speaker 6: One hundred percent. So realizing that, I'm grateful for.
Speaker 7: That, Yeah, beautiful.
Speaker 1: What about you?
Speaker 2: I know, Yeah, this is going to be a really weird one because I would never say that I'm grateful for this, but I'm grateful for new perspectives in my life, which I think are often underrated because it can happen at any moment, but they should be celebrated when they happen.
Speaker 5: So thanks for that.
Speaker 6: It's growth.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I wish I could just have some vertical growth, but I win.
Speaker 5: I'm also.
Speaker 2: Grateful for, you know, the health of the people that I love, which also, like the pandemic, I feel like really did a number on people, like kind of maybe created a underlying trauma that, yeah, I feel connected to in the universe. Maybe that's just me being drama, but I feel it, and I feel a kind of tiredness and general shift and energy in the last few years. But I'm optimistic and grateful for my personal shifted perspective and the fact that hopefully I'm going to look at the positives in that that we all went through, and the fact that a lot of people have also regained perspective on art and how they spend their time and who they spend their time with, and the sport and the importance of doing that.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I'm.
Speaker 2: Grateful for that, for for focusing on intangible mental things that are very very important, invisible importance that's we wait.
Speaker 5: Until the end.
Speaker 4: I think I'm most grateful for life, which is not a common thing for me. I'm somebody who struggled with mental health in the past, and sometimes i've I've lost my way trying to find the meaning of life. So I'm really grateful to have this experience that's constantly changing that I'm constantly learning things from that. I experienced love through so many different kinds of love. I feel very abundant in love in my life. I'm very grateful for that. I'm grateful for my family, that's teaching me more about family than I think ever before. I'm grateful for my grandparents, the fact that the fact that I'm able to have them close by and show them my love and in different ways. I'm just grateful to reluctantly admit that I'm on this planet. We're supposed to be in space. But yeah, I'm grateful mostly just to be alive.
Speaker 6: That's beautiful.
Speaker 1: That's what's better than that.
Speaker 6: Beautiful.
Speaker 4: I'm grateful for em of course, who's taught me a lot about grace.
Speaker 5: I got that.
Speaker 1: No, I love it, and I think that that that you said is so key that I try to remind myself of that too. This is all kind of like we're all in a human experience and that comes with happy moments, sad moments, angry moments, frustrating moments, you know, and it's all part of that experience, you know. So it's the fact that that you're also in that wave of saying like, well, life, God, thank you, for being able to experience this, you know, and experience all the moments that this brings. Because even like in sadness, there's beauty, you know what I mean, And in anger there's beauty when when you like, if you break it down, maybe it's like a hurt person that just you know, there's beauty in seeing that vulnerability. I don't know, I I'm on that wavelength. Also, there's something in me that's like wants to pause this moment of my life that feels like everything is so wonderful, that everybody is still like healthy and like you know, and life keeps keeps on moving and you know that and we all know that, and there's new beautiful things that come up, but other sad things that happen. So this is the moment of life that everything is so nice and so that that the things I struggle with it are so dumb in the Yeah, I like being present enough to be able to say I'm grateful for this moment and how everything is, because you know, I want to make sure that when we're in the future and that might be sad about something or whatever, it's like I was able to be present and say, like, but I also experienced the perfect like amazing, you know, like this, Yeah.
Speaker 4: That's beautiful. I'm so happy that that's where you are.
Speaker 6: I love that you said that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the way I see, I don't think you can ever see like too many sunsets, you know, I don't care how many sunsets or sunrises you've seen. There's no way that you don't stand, especially like here where we grow up in Miami, and you can go see the sunrise like on the beach yea, and you see that sun coming up. That's like proof of God.
Speaker 2: You've been to eleven six nights an night.
Speaker 1: I will say, this feels like a conversation of people that are not getting old, but getting older where they're like starting to realize, bro, like the beauty of life. This sunset thing that you just said. Bro, I'm so on that wavelength to the point where like every time I see a sunset now, I swear, I swear that I'm on this.
Speaker 6: I'd share this with you.
Speaker 1: I the way I picture it, you know, I'm like, I'm on this like wave of creativity and just wanting to be creative all the time, and they just kind of focus my time on that. I picture honestly, like the God being the greatest creator and just like you know, creativity at its finest. I'm like every sunset, you know, it's different, bro, So every I try, every time I see a sunset to say thank you guy. It came out so beautiful. I can I can picture him in his way, you know, like or in my way of picture pain sing the sunset different for me than somebody that's a song. So it's like, it's beautiful to pause for a moment and and I imagine to create, Like when I make a song and somebody says, bro, this song changed my Well, this song is so beautiful. I don't want God's song song, which is a sunset, to pass by like background music.
Speaker 6: You. I want to stop and be.
Speaker 12: Like woo you this insane, you know, and have that moment of just like creator, a creator, you know, be like yo.
Speaker 1: Wow, nothing I do comes even closer.
Speaker 2: Okay, but wait a minute, can we get real? What was the first thing this year that has made you cry?
Speaker 5: Have you cried yet?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna make.
Speaker 7: A movie, a movie that I hadn't watched. Collateral Beauty Way by Will Smith, isn't it? And he's this guy that loses his daughter. Obviously it hit home considering I have a son, you know, and they it's just like his journey. He was this super successful guy in his marketing agency or whatever it was, and then and then everything goes to ship obviously for him personally. And then I don't want to give more away. Just you guys need to watch it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're making it sound like a thrill.
Speaker 7: It's super, super beautiful because you learn a lot from it. I learned a lot, but I was I was on a plane watching this.
Speaker 1: I was in a plane, like where I all that. I just shut it off. Like crying, no, like not crying. I crying is fine. Fine. The problem is like if they tell me, like, oh, let's watch this movie like somebody gets sick and they.
Speaker 4: I don't want to watch it, meanither watch.
Speaker 3: I don't want to put that in my head.
Speaker 1: I don't want to go to bed and start thinking about ship a video that has to do with like oh, they're I don't know, like and it might be it might be shitty, but I'm doing it to.
Speaker 3: Like guard your my head and my own.
Speaker 1: But like when I see like, oh there's a sick person that no, no, no, no, I had to skip it. It's I get so involved so much. So like the last time I cried was over a fucking fucking Instagram video. I was watching something sad happening and I'm like bawling over the ship and I'm like.
Speaker 4: Babe, you someone to share the pain, Like, I won't go through this.
Speaker 5: I don't have a problem too much with the people. If there's an animal involved, I'm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, same, I'm.
Speaker 2: Still not over there that we have to wait until Wicked Part two to know where the hell is.
Speaker 5: I'll just say.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 7: Wow, Well that sounds like that sounds like it often.
Speaker 4: What's a fear that you'd like to confront in twenty twenty five?
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a great one.
Speaker 6: I got fear.
Speaker 3: I was like, well, I mean, yeah, I'll tell you this.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you I've never actually said this out loud, but I have to face this fear because it's something that like conditions me sometimes, Like I love what I do so much that truly I want to do this for the rest of my life, so I fear not being able to do this for the rest of my life, you know. So sometimes I have fear of like, bro, like what if I have to get a like a down the line, like people stop listening to my stuff and they don't want to blah blah, Like what if I have to get a new job, change this or like you know, maybe we're like doesn't want to do this anymore, so like we won't be in a band anymore.
Speaker 4: And now I have that's that's very what it is possibility.
Speaker 1: So I think about the possibility of not doing this forever, and that scares me. So I want to face it to be like, well, of course you're going to be doing music the rest of your of course you're gonna be or whatever it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that that that.
Speaker 1: That I would say that that's a fear I'd like to face. So I get over it and I can not be like I feel like it it limits me creatively or like because you almost feel like everything that you release is like Okay, go to ship. Now this might be the you know, like this is what if it's not the biggest bubble, Like getting over that is gonna make me be able to create much more free, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sure, we had an amazing started a conversation with Ella Brick and she post podcasts because we had it on the podcast, but this was.
Speaker 5: You know, under the radar and you know.
Speaker 2: Off the podcast, and she was like, you have to let it go and move on and you know, like release that that art, get ready for your next art, and just evolve as an artist like constantly, just be in motion and in flux and like honor who you are in that moment. Maybe you played banjo in twenty years. Who the like knows, but you're definitely gonna be making music, that's sure. Because I don't want to speak for you, but for me, I relate to the fact that when I don't create, even if that means creating sound on my piano in my house, something happens.
Speaker 5: To my soul.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Like there's just like.
Speaker 2: An empty little part like the back of the offer data that needs water, you know what I mean, it gets like if it gets dry and moldy and soggy.
Speaker 7: I think that I unlocked new fears recently, you know, being a dad. Yeah, those are those are the real fears.
Speaker 6: Those are the real fears.
Speaker 1: Like I feel like it puts things into a kid or not because it's constantly, like literally in a new.
Speaker 7: Going to go, it's worth it because of the amount the amount of love is not equivalent, but way greater.
Speaker 6: Than the fear that you that you get. But I understand what you're saying, because Sando and you live thinking of this kid.
Speaker 7: Of of sactor, even just like the stupidest things, like he gets a cold, which is.
Speaker 6: A stupid little cold.
Speaker 7: You see him, and and he's this little thing that you feel.
Speaker 6: It's so scared, you know.
Speaker 7: And now my kid's a little older, and obviously it gets a little bit more difficult because he starts climbing on everything.
Speaker 3: He starts doing, you know.
Speaker 6: But in the.
Speaker 7: Beginning, when I was like dressing dad mode, I remember he got he.
Speaker 6: Got pink eye or whatever. It wasn't really pink.
Speaker 7: I it was just the congestion kind of got all the way to his eye.
Speaker 6: And one night.
Speaker 7: I was putting we came back from a trip. We went to the pediatrics and they're, you know, put these little drops. And then my wife was always going to put it and one day she's.
Speaker 6: Like, oh, could you put him on or whatever. I went to go put it on, put it on one.
Speaker 7: I when I went to go put it on the other one, I did like.
Speaker 3: And I put way too much. He's good he's good and went to sleep.
Speaker 6: Three am. This kid's crying.
Speaker 7: Whatever, we wake up, turn on the lights and my kid and my kid.
Speaker 3: Had his eye. I kids, you not like a I was down. You're gonna do yeah, I was dying on my knees. Like gosh, I thank you Jesus God. I beg humane.
Speaker 6: It was so scary. It was so scary.
Speaker 3: And that was done.
Speaker 2: Like it got back back to I mean, I can't imagine that we have dogs.
Speaker 3: You can't. That's terrible compared.
Speaker 4: The dog groomer caught her nails too short, but like bad, like it looked like it looked like a murder seat in my house. And she just got what to go lay down on her bed. And I wasn't really paying attention.
Speaker 5: Then I walked up.
Speaker 4: There's like little puddles of blood everywhere.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, little puddle of blood.
Speaker 13: It was like yeah on my bike, I'm like la, la grateful fl flowers, A hello, little bumblebee.
Speaker 5: I'm like my bye. She's like how far.
Speaker 2: It's like for a minute, she's like get here right now, Like she's like it's ocean her now, I get there.
Speaker 5: She's like I get that.
Speaker 4: But then I'm like there's but everywhere, everywhere, and then you know what sex is. You don't communicate. I don't speak dog, so I don't know how much pain she's in, and all those thoughts started racing and song like holding her. I know, I'm crying.
Speaker 2: Chris Chris Martin probably speaks dog. That's going to be his next song, gonna be like and.
Speaker 3: Now he probably does.
Speaker 6: That's probably yeah.
Speaker 7: So that that that facing that I don't know how to.
Speaker 6: Face that ship.
Speaker 1: Let go, let go like with everything that like, oh.
Speaker 7: My god, Yeah, I've gotten better at that as you go, as it goes by, you kind.
Speaker 6: Of get better at at that.
Speaker 7: But at the same time, just one thought creeps in and let's say at night chow, so I'm dying to.
Speaker 6: Go to sleep by Apple. It's so terrifying. So I would say that I just I'd say that I want this year to be a year of of a lot.
Speaker 7: Of peace of mind, you know, in all areas of my life, because I've also been a huge I've also had the biggest fear of losing any loved one, you know, my parents or my brothers or my you know that has always been you know, kind that will be betro that always has been a thing, and there's a little.
Speaker 6: You have to learn a little bit how to.
Speaker 7: How to navigate that even if I like, I don't want to navigate it now. Now it's not like I'm asking you got to show me how to navigate it because I don't want.
Speaker 3: To do show me now, But I'm just saying, like, work through the fear.
Speaker 1: And just and just let go and knowing that again back to the human experience that we are in it on a ship of human of this human experience, and it's like everything that you have for me I want, you know, like everything that.
Speaker 6: I'm here to experience, I want.
Speaker 1: But we were so wired to like hold on to our comfort and we know and everything that that and God forbid.
Speaker 4: You have a few good days, you get really comforted those and the bad thing comes by you're like, what is it, destroid.
Speaker 1: But definitely grateful for oh, for just like being at a place in life right now where we are welcoming like new perspectives, like you said, a new way of seeing things, a new way of understanding things that at the end of the day make make life easier.
Speaker 2: You know, I feel like also, you know, more times and the more we see the value of understanding this weird ass rock and this weird ass flesh.
Speaker 5: Sack, you start seeing it.
Speaker 2: Listen, seeing a khana in my eyebrow.
Speaker 5: That's enough. That was enough for me to talk about fear. That's enough.
Speaker 2: I don't need to fear it feel any more fear than that.
Speaker 5: Before we deorbit.
Speaker 2: I know you owe us your New Year's resolutions, and we owe you in our own world tradition that we force.
Speaker 5: Upon everybody that you don't have a choice on. Let's give us your resolution.
Speaker 7: I want this year to be the year where I the year of discipline me too, the year.
Speaker 4: Of retweetpo I retweet your retweet.
Speaker 7: The year of discipline and of organization, organizing things in a way where I can be disciplined in things that I want to You know, because I, for example, have this I really want to be better at for instruments, for example, does and so I want to have a good discipline in that. I also want to have good discipline in my mornings with God. You know that. I think that because of obviously the change in my life and changes in my life, sometimes it gets harder, but I want to be very disciplined in that disciplined in my health and what I eat and what I drink and what I and how I work out and et cetera, and in.
Speaker 6: And in general, you know that.
Speaker 5: Discipline.
Speaker 1: I'll repost that, Okay, I'll repost that. And I'll also say I want to trust my gut more and my intuition more, you know, to be like, have that truly be the guide, because I do think that that's our internal guide one thousand for sure. So follow learn to follow that more and trust that that's the right path more, and smoke a little less.
Speaker 2: Hey, we relate for sure, we all and by well by we all in the aliens and.
Speaker 3: Talking about a little All right.
Speaker 4: Babe, I'm not gonna let you slip away with your resolution.
Speaker 5: I have to retweet mouth.
Speaker 4: And it's not because he said it, okay, because repost so sorry sorry, repost, repost, hashtag repost.
Speaker 3: By it is to work out.
Speaker 2: And exercise discipline while I'm also exercising because.
Speaker 5: I really do feel that way, and to really journal more.
Speaker 2: Every time I journal, it's it's proved to me that it moves something emotionally or whatever it may be.
Speaker 5: It's always proven to do good things for my life. So I like to do.
Speaker 6: Journal, but I forget.
Speaker 5: I know, I used to do it.
Speaker 1: More like I have a week where I'm like yeah, and then it's oh, I'm going on a trip. A perfect I go on the trip and I was like, oh, I forgot the journal. I'll do it when I get back to the hotel and then you just leave.
Speaker 2: It's one of those things that like exercising for me, that I just have to start.
Speaker 4: And then I get in the flow's very disciplined.
Speaker 2: You're pretty disciplined, but I want to exercise them more and like get back to that.
Speaker 6: So that's my thing.
Speaker 2: If you've been listening to us, something that I do do often, and by often I mean every single time is everybody's aprice.
Speaker 3: In the whole world space.
Speaker 2: So we have a tradition here where we say the news in outer space. All I do is report the news. It's just the news, one hundred percent the news. I actually encourage you all to google the headline because you're gonna findline all right. First up in outer space breaking news, China quietly tested its first inflatable space module in Orphan, unfortunately quickly shut down after deafening sound was heard over thirty eight miles from the launch site. Clearly, the inflatable model didn't make sense when you try to pair it with something quiet.
Speaker 5: Sorry China, all right.
Speaker 2: Second, the lunar Outposts selects Starship to deliver rover to the Moon.
Speaker 5: Finally, included are.
Speaker 2: The only remaining seeds for growing viable food on Mars, and the long anticipated music videos to Beyonce's Renaissance and Cowboy Carter.
Speaker 4: Come on, Bee, that's where you put thessal.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 13: Lastly, in outer space, Morgantown native Emily Calendrelli and host of Emily's Wonder Lab and Emily's Science Lab, became the hundredth woman to blast off into space. Congratulations, said nobody, because I'm the only Emily worthy of praise and.
Speaker 2: Space wow, and this is this.
Speaker 4: Okay, so space was like just percent accurate, fifty percent move Okay, I just report the news.
Speaker 6: Wait so you so wait the rover, don't question it.
Speaker 3: That's now we go out.
Speaker 7: We go out in conversation like someone later, could you believe that China just fucking inflatable?
Speaker 3: But that's true.
Speaker 4: What part the China inflatable? It's the punchline.
Speaker 1: That part wasn't true, right wait wait wait though wait didn't actually work? Though, no, it didn't work.
Speaker 6: An inflatable space.
Speaker 2: What we only get portions here at the office and.
Speaker 3: Way they said, they just send you the title.
Speaker 5: We're just a space in the news.
Speaker 1: That was really good.
Speaker 2: I'm looking for a part times.
Speaker 5: To clean up on Aisle three.
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 14: Thank you, yo, that's actually pretty just whistle and hume at the same time.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I've never done the same my life.
Speaker 6: Right, Wow, guys, that's so.
Speaker 3: My word that I've never tried that in my life.
Speaker 2: Well, clearly we have things to get to, but thank you for flying with us. I'm really you know, when you guys got here, you're like, wow, it's been so long.
Speaker 5: But it's been too long.
Speaker 2: And also one of my resolutions is to spend more time with people who.
Speaker 5: I feel like you can add a lot a lot of value.
Speaker 2: To my life and potentially, you know, just bring more of the things that I would love.
Speaker 5: And I feel like you two great which probably don't feel the same way do.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say it was that Space News dog.
Speaker 15: Tell you no, no, for sure, you guys are great and I really appreciate you guys inviting us to your We've known you pretty much our entire life and yeah, or literally entire license I was maybe ten years old.
Speaker 7: Something we didn't touch on each other, to something we didn't touch on being I'm sure we've had to live a lot of the.
Speaker 6: Same things being yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: Because she wanted to go there and I was like, no, we love that.
Speaker 3: I love that we didn't, but but.
Speaker 7: Just know that you guys count on us for whatever same and like Rick was saying, we're grateful for your space, for your space, get it.
Speaker 6: Really, you guys have not just.
Speaker 1: Built this place, but just throughout your life and everything that we've known of you, like everything has always been of such excellence and good like talent, you know, like everything that even when when we weren't seeing each other as much, you know, and like in high school and stuff like that, the references of.
Speaker 6: You were always like, Yo, have you heard the ship? She's for you.
Speaker 2: I look up to you guys a lot, and I always have. And it's the company you keep so says a lot about you.
Speaker 5: Baby.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I love you guys.
Speaker 5: Thank you. He needs to pee or something.
Speaker 2: But Socials please check out their amazing music and I'm serious. That music video is fucking awesome. I'm waiting for it to turn into a full featurette. Also, make sure to catch your reality show It's juicy from what I've seen, and follow us at in our own world pod on Socials and Only Fans. I keep saying that because I hope that at some point somebody will go there enough for me to convince her and just post pictures of fans so we can get supplementary and podcast.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much, everybody, We love you, Love.
Speaker 1: You New Year launch.
Speaker 4: This podcast is brought to you by Moonflower Productions in partnership with IHEARTSMI.
Speaker 5: Gudura podcast Network.
Speaker 4: For more podcasts, visit the iHeartRadio app or wherever you listen to your favorite shows