Speaker 1: So Charles Barkley doesn't think Lebron James is as good as Kobe Bryant. He is a ride or die Michael Jordan guy. As we know, which is that's normal, but the whole shade about Lebron being worse than Kobe. In a recent interview with Bob Costas on HBO, Charles Barkley was asked where Lebron. I love these things. I love it when it's like, let's just ask him where they rank everyone. He asked him where Lebron James compares to Kobe and MJ. Probably the most popular banal argument of all time just keeps being used over and over and over again, rinse and repeat. He said, though, in fairness, Hugh, I don't even put Lebron past Kobe. Let's get that out of the way. Lebron has stacked his teams. Let's be realistic. The struggle is part of your legacy? Is that true?
Speaker 2: Do you think the struggle is part of your legacy? It can be sort of. I don't completely.
Speaker 1: I mean, I disagree with the way he said it, but I understand what he means.
Speaker 2: If that makes sense. Yeah, See, we gotta kind of like go off of.
Speaker 1: Just the ridiculousness of that statement, which is people say I'm a Lebron hater because I make fun of Lebron a lot because he's corny and he brings it on himself. But in terms of the caliber of play that he puts out on the floor a night in a night, eight out basis, that's not true in the least.
Speaker 2: Like to say Lebron James.
Speaker 1: Just always had super teams and they were always stacked. He's always had a plethora of great talent around him is just a lie.
Speaker 2: That's just a complete lie.
Speaker 1: Those tea, those Cleveland teams, the early ones where he was overperforming, those teams were trash.
Speaker 2: Lebron James literally carried those.
Speaker 1: Teams for years and they were not going to change anything until he left. Let's look at the tape two thousand and five, two thousand and six, twenty one year old Lebron wins fifty games with Ronald Murray and Larry Hughes as the number two and number three options.
Speaker 2: I like Larry Hughes, whatever, like.
Speaker 1: The super team with Ronald Murray and Larry is losing seven second round of the Pistons, the best team in the NBA.
Speaker 2: Two thousand and six.
Speaker 1: Two thousand and seven, twenty three year old Lebron James takes the Calves to the finals against the Spurs with a starting lineup of Lebron, Daniel Gibson, Drew Gooden, Ilgauskiz and Sasha Pavlovich.
Speaker 2: What a stud team that was. Sasha Pavlovitch is always the guy when you see on Twitter's like name the most random NBA player you can your head.
Speaker 1: That's always two thousand and eight, two thousand and nine, Lebron loses in the Eastern Conference Finals and six to Orlando, with Moe Williams Delante Fuck your Mom.
Speaker 2: West as the next highest scores.
Speaker 1: Two thousand and nine ten, Calves losing the Semis to the Celtics in six. His court mates again Mo Williams, Anton Jamison, Anthony Parker and Andy Verjal.
Speaker 2: I mean, these are trash ass teams. It was only after Dan.
Speaker 1: Gilbert literally refused to surround him with any winning players at all that PROBM was like, Yeah, I think this is good.
Speaker 2: It's been a long time coming. Two thousand and three to twenty ten. I think I'm good. I think I'm good, and so yeah, MG had some bad teams.
Speaker 1: But to say that Lebron has always just stacked, had no adversity.
Speaker 2: His legacy is just sullied by tons of.
Speaker 1: All Stars and all NBA caliber players being around him and him just recruiting them all to Cleveland. Like even when he came back to Cleveland, there were some rough years. There are those years after Kyrie left rough rough. Kevin Love is not the same player this It was bad. It was j R.
Speaker 2: Smith.
Speaker 1: I mean, come on now, it was emon shot. It was it was Richard Jefferson who was on one side of his body left.
Speaker 2: It was Jared Dudley, James Jones, James Jones, Mike.
Speaker 1: His back from the heat. It is bad, still bad. No one wanted to win more than Jordan. And I bet you if Lebron, if Michael Jordan was in Lebron's shoes, he would have gone to Miami too.
Speaker 2: He would have gone to Miami two