Speaker 1: Start up, dot Up, Start Up, Brooklyn Boy, Start Up, Brooklyn Boy, start.
Speaker 2: Up, dot dot up.
Speaker 1: They making noise dot up, start up, dot dot up.
Speaker 2: Episode three forty three. It's the Brooklyn Boys Podcast. What's up, David Brodegg?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: This is our second episode in a row since you came Well, actually it's our first episode since you came back from vacation.
Speaker 3: Yeah a second. Yeah, I'm doing two in a row.
Speaker 2: Look at this, two in a row without being on vacation. What do you know You must you must be exhausted.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm so tired.
Speaker 2: You have no idea? Woof my god. Welcome to the Pound Pound Drome. Episode right, Yeah, three forty three. Scary calls me today and says, you want to do it tonight?
Speaker 3: This afternoon.
Speaker 2: I said, I tell you want to do it at night. He goes, I was gonna go to jet Ski Bryant's pool, but I canceled. So I want you to know slices Scary Jones man almost a man of the people.
Speaker 3: I'm man of the people.
Speaker 2: Nope, say sided almost decided not now the weather's nice here in the New Jersey area. Scary decided not to go to the pool and do the podcast afying that tells me he may have tendative plans for a rooftop bar tonight.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. It's gonna be either or right right right.
Speaker 2: So he passed up the pool, so he's going to a rooftop bar tonight.
Speaker 3: Is are you going to rooftop party? I mean, first of.
Speaker 2: All, I am filled to the brim with dinners. I mean, I'm done. Last night, Robin and I went to a place called Chinese Tuxedo, which I think you David Brody would really love in the in the city on the Lower East.
Speaker 3: Side and actually in Chinatown. Uh makes sense anyway.
Speaker 2: Don't have to get to get dressed up for Yeah, it's like New York City, schmool, it's a Brooklyn. It's it's industrial Brooklyn, industrial, Brooklyn industrial all I gotta wears. Okay, get away with whatever you want. But I mean the food was so great, so great, but lots of lots of speed bumps for you, lots of red flags because there's a lot of green stuff and you know, very intricate things and in all their food.
Speaker 3: I know how to order.
Speaker 2: Don't worry, although I will I will say I told you a story a few weeks ago about my favorite long time takeout Chinese restaurant.
Speaker 3: I ordered roast pork fried rice on Love It Long Time, Yeah, which, and.
Speaker 2: They got my They made my roast pork fried rice no vegetables with vegetables. And I told you, I politely called and told them the problem. And I said it like a credit, and they're like, ah, come right now, and I said I can't come right now.
Speaker 3: They're like, well, we can't give you a credit.
Speaker 2: And I said, I didn't want to cause a stink because I don't want to get barred from my favorite Chinese restaurant. Well, earlier this week I ordered, I ordered my my special special fancy dish.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I ordered my roast pork lo main no vegetables. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I ordered my wanton egg jumpsup mixed No. And I ordered my roast pork fried rice no vegetables. And for some reason I got home and everything was fine except my roast pork fried rice no vegetables, had vegetables in it. So I called again, tiptoeing through the tulips, and I said, said, hey, you know, it's David.
Speaker 3: I I just left.
Speaker 2: Everything's fine except for my roast pork fed risinal vegetables. There's vegetables in it again? Oh so sorry, he says, my wife made the food tonight. Now I've warned you about her, yes, because she doesn't understand English as well as her husband does. And when you talk on the phone, she does that yelling thing.
Speaker 3: What do you want? You know? Right?
Speaker 2: And so she's the one who messed it up last time. So I said, well, you know, this is the second time she messed up my roast pork fed risinal vegetables.
Speaker 3: You guys know me for twenty years. I know vegetables.
Speaker 2: I don't know, so sorry, I said, all right, Well can I he goes come back now? So I said, I can't come back now. I'm want dinner time here?
Speaker 3: Uh sure, I can't. Can I get a credit for next time there? Come now? Okay? Great?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I said, so, I said, I'd really like a credit. Okay, thank you, and he hung.
Speaker 3: Up on me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, keep that he understood, but chose not to understand by hanging up the phone like he knew what he was doing.
Speaker 3: There. He's like, oh, he heard that you wanted money back?
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, And you keep complaining to your his wife like that you're gonna get a roast pork lo main, no vegetables with an extra clam sauce.
Speaker 3: Hawk Tour.
Speaker 2: You get a little hawk tour in your in your I like, I like the way you put a scary Jones Brooklyn guy doing a Chinese accent on the.
Speaker 3: Ha like like the Hawk Tour girl. Yeah, they're gonna give.
Speaker 2: You that Hawk tour and spin on that thing, because I can now that that ain't lobster sauces.
Speaker 3: That what you're saying, it's clam sauce.
Speaker 2: They don't sell clam sauce in Chinese restaurants, yes, they do, not like Italian clam sauce. It may have maybe clams, maybe it's okay, And there's no lobster in the lobster sauce.
Speaker 3: It's sauce for the lobster, okay.
Speaker 2: So I'm a beast with this story that's breaking like right now, and I'm sure that by the time you hear this, it'll be because you said, oh ship as you looked at your phone and you hit the song.
Speaker 3: So what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: At first it was a rumor. It was like an interinet rumor. But now it looks like it's true. It's verified. Now some news sources like The Post are posting this. The Post is everybody is posting this. Okay, it's legit. Don't yuck my, don't tell me this is fake. No.
Speaker 3: Last night, cold Play played Boston.
Speaker 2: They played Gillette Stadium last night and they played songs by the band Boss. Cold Play played in Boston's met Life Stadium yesterday, which is not in Boston, but it's it's Gillette Stadium. Yeah, MetLife is Jersey. I met you, I said, I said, Jillette the first time you fucked me up? Stop Stop.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 2: You know how a baseball games and concerts they like to go to the crowd and they do the kiss cam and sometimes it's a bit you know they have you know that the third one is always like two guys sitting next together and they look at each other like, well, they're doing the kiss cam. At the Coldplay show while Coldplay was on stage, I guess as they make this a bit in the you know, in the middle of their set. Okay, all of a sudden, the camera a very looking uh, a very good looking uh guy in his like middle aged guy behind a woman and who and and he she's in the throes of passion with him, like he's hugging her from behind, and she's like looking forward.
Speaker 3: They're both looking at the camera. Okay, so far, so good, So far, so good.
Speaker 2: All of a sudden, as soon as the camera go, you know, he sees them and they notice they're on camera. The two of them are like deer in headlights, and they're like and they duck. They literally know. And then and Chris Martin, I'm gonna play with the audio right now, says they're alive in the moment. So either these two people are having an affair or they're just shy and and I'm gonna play that for you right now.
Speaker 3: Oh, no, shere it come. I gotta watch a commercial first. No, you know what, no free commercials. Commercials. Yeah, turn on. I got a question. Yeah. Was he sitting behind her or was he standing in front of both of them?
Speaker 2: Was standing watching the show? They were standing watching the show. I mean it's all over. It's all over.
Speaker 3: You just google it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, eighty thousand people at the stadium and the camera picks them out.
Speaker 3: All of a sudden, Yes, and here it comes in.
Speaker 2: I guess, uh, three to two one, So they were going into one of their songs and the kiss camra is on them, so here it.
Speaker 3: Is all right, what either an affair?
Speaker 2: And as it turns out, they were having an affair because the Internet strikes again, the guy was called out. It's the CEO of a company and all, and he.
Speaker 3: Was having an affair.
Speaker 2: I guess with the chief people officer or the CPP the chief people pleaser. It looks like in this case either way, the two of them having a tour and affair. I know nothing about these guys. If he's married, if she's married, if.
Speaker 3: This what's going.
Speaker 2: I just googled what is the stadium capacity or a concert of Gillette Stadium sixty five thousand roughly.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: I don't know about marital statuses or anything like that, but the way that they went, and you'll see the video everywhere by the time you've heard this podcast, I saw, yeah, I just I just saw the video. It's it's uncomfortable. You could tell comble it's not a bit. At first, people were like, ah, that's got to be a.
Speaker 3: Bit, ha ha ha.
Speaker 2: They do that all the time at these you know, with these kiss cams. But my god, that is it's fifty five thousand people. Did they not see the camera in front of them, like lower down like you sually the camera walks around the arena unless it zoomed in from like really far away. Wow, jes's of all, imagine what are the hots? Sixty five thousand.
Speaker 3: One thousand and one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's crazy, but you know, you don't want to ruin people's marriages.
Speaker 3: I mean Chris Chris Mark and obviously called it out.
Speaker 2: He said it tongue in cheek. I guess in the moment. I mean it was happening. He was watching it live and as he was strumming his guitar, and then he sees them just you know, head for the hills.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: If it if it happened internally in the stadium, then initially only people in the stadium might have been aware of it, right, and if you didn't recognize those people, it would have been on it one and done right. But people filmed it, Yeah, people watch it. Yeah, people filmed it and posted it. Yeah, that's how it got out. But you imagine you're that guy's you're that woman's husband or that guy's wife, and the entire internet is now aware that they were cheating and then they come home and what are they going to say?
Speaker 3: It's not what it looked like. She was cold and I was keeping her warm.
Speaker 2: No, because they were in the they were literally fully embraced there.
Speaker 3: That's crazy, you know.
Speaker 2: And now I'm thinking, like, how could they have possibly played it off? If think about this for a second. Let's say the camera came to them and they continued on and this the smiling. Now it's unassuming. It's a fleeting moment and you're just another couple in the crowd, and there's a far less chance that the two of them are gonna be caught at that point.
Speaker 3: Do you agree?
Speaker 2: Or what Karon smiled or kept hugging. Nobody would have posted that. That's what I'm saying. They're they're listen. Ultimately, it's their fault because they were cheating or having an affair. We don't even we think we don't know yet that that part of the story hasn't developed.
Speaker 3: As in the podcast.
Speaker 2: If their company doesn't allow fratnizing, they could be fired just for fooling around with a coworker.
Speaker 3: But he's the CEO, so is he going to fire himself? I don't know.
Speaker 2: If there's a board that that he has to answer to. I don't know what kind of company it is. If there's a board of directors. Being a CEO, he could still you know, be in trouble. But I'm saying he's screwed, is what I'm saying. Literally, he's left. And the fact that people like outing his company and doxing him like that, well that's the Internet for you. I mean, you didn't think that was going to be held private. No one's gonna and no one needs to know what company he runs.
Speaker 3: When people see something like that, they're like, we found you cheaters. Let's let's dox them any chance we get, let's.
Speaker 2: Go what What I'm what I'm saying is you don't need to dox them. You could just be like, oh, this guy's the CEO of a company and she's his vice president of a company whatever.
Speaker 3: No, people doesn't happen. But no one needs to know what company.
Speaker 2: Because people want to People want to be able to tattletale and be like, haha, gotcha, here's the gotcha mom.
Speaker 3: It's too much.
Speaker 2: It's bad enough that, I mean, they cheated, I get it, But you don't need to ruin your company.
Speaker 3: People work for that company.
Speaker 2: Course, what if what if the company loses money and the employees lose their jobs because this guy's a douchebag fooled around with his coworker. We don't know the story. Once again, what's her title? The chief people are She's the CPO so's people officer.
Speaker 3: He's a people she's chief of them. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And she and how does want to become a made up title like the chief people office? We have a lot of companies have that, the chief people officer. I think that's more of like it's about the culture of the company, almost like an HR.
Speaker 3: Does I heeart have a Yes, we do, actually these days we do.
Speaker 2: We hired one of don't Oh must have been right after I love they took my money and paid the chief people.
Speaker 3: Well we've got some extra cash. Now, let's a people offer.
Speaker 2: I gotta say, though, I love what they're doing with you know, kiss cams are one thing, but uh, did you see a couple of weeks ago I got to hand it to the Mets City Field what they did with their jumbotrons in between innings?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Well, which one they do something funny all the time? Well, this, well, it was.
Speaker 2: It was the Subway series Yankees Mets. I mean it's taboo to put other team's logo on the screen, right, the visitors are never on the screen. It's always the home team. But but at City Field for the He's Mets series, they purposefully sought out Yankee fans wearing Yankee gear, Yankee hats, and as soon as the person was caught on on the camera, high how you doing my Yankee hat on a Snapchat filter goes over the Yankee hat and turns into a Mets Yeah, brilliant, brilliant, Yes, ten out of ten.
Speaker 3: I love the Mets for that.
Speaker 2: And they did something else too, right, they didn't see think they they do.
Speaker 3: This all the time. Though.
Speaker 2: They'll put up you know, like when the guy's at bat, they put up the guy on the on the home team, his stats is batting average. Right. For the other teams, they sometimes put up derogatory like little known facts about the player to like insult them, you know, like court for shoplifting when he was younger, like whatever. But they put up embarrassing things about the other team's players. It's very funny. So kudos are doing a great job at City field for the Mets.
Speaker 3: Love it. Oh my god. So anyway, all right, so we talk sports at all.
Speaker 2: Let's just talk on baseball, and then we got to take our first break. Okay, well today is Thursday as we record this, but yesterday was Wednesday, which was officially no sports day.
Speaker 3: That's right the day.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if the WNBA played, but the main four sports baseball, football, basketball, and hockey.
Speaker 3: The ones matter. I didn't say that, you replied it.
Speaker 2: Nope, nope, I'm not aware if the WNBA played, because I believe they're All Star Game, right, I believe they're All Star game. For some reason, was on at the same time as the Major League Baseball All Star Game. I'm not sure why they would do that. They should have put it on yesterday when there was no baseball. But anyway, major League Baseball did something new this year and they had a tie game. Now, a number of years ago, the All Star Game ended in a tie, and because there was no winner, people were upset that they ended the game. But you can't really go extra innings in an All Star Game because you run out of players and pitchers. Because they try to get everyone in a game in nine innings, they pitch an inning, they have a pinch hit, pinch runner. By the time the ninth inning comes around, there's really no pitchers left. Everybody's played, and they don't want to wear the players out of risk injury, so they just ended the game in a tie. So then they made it where they made it, like, well, okay, from now on, the game counts and whichever team wins gets home field vantage in the World Series for your league. People hated that idea, so last last the other night, they ripped out a new idea for a game that was a tie after nine, which is used in soccer and hockey. No, it's not a similar similar thing is with a shootout to hockey, it's a sudden death situation. Yeah, okay, but here's the thing. Come on, hold on, the point of my story is why you're wrong, So give me a minute. In soccer, the players on the field take turns trying to kick a goal in sudden death. Right, it's a it's a penalty kick type of situation. In hockey they do the same thing. They do a shoot off, right, a goal scoring shootoff right, where the players who play the game are trying to score a goal within the same basic rule of the sport. Okay, but in baseball you can't have a home run off with the pitchers from the other team.
Speaker 3: So they brought in like the.
Speaker 2: What do they call it, the batting practice coaches, the guys who throw VP, like old guys who retired to run, the coaching staff to lob the ball into the players. Now, it was interesting, it was exciting, it was fun, and it was the All Star Game, which is an exhibition.
Speaker 3: It was fine.
Speaker 2: But now they're talking about maybe in the future, after twelve innings, make that the way you settle games. Now, can you imagine the last game of the season to see who gets in the playoffs? It's a make up break game and is decided by two old guys lobbing the ball randomly to three guys in.
Speaker 3: A home run derby.
Speaker 2: That's not the rules of baseball to have some guy on the field behind a batting cage like a protective shield, lobbing the ball in. So I don't want that in baseball. I just want to get that out there. But as an All Star game, as a gimmick, I loved it.
Speaker 3: Did you like it? I did enjoy it? Yes, I thought it was different.
Speaker 2: It was refreshing and well now that the National League won after blowing that five run lead earlier in the game, anyway, whatever it was, Yeah, anyway, so that's all. I don't want that in baseball and that's it. That's my opinion. So but it was fun for an All Star game. Yeah, it was fun, but it was.
Speaker 3: You have to admit it was like sudden death.
Speaker 2: It was because it basically they didn't score the traditional way. They just basically said, smack them over the wall, baby, we gotta we gotta get a winner. Now here is something you can relate to. I'm going a little bit little bit of a secret, but this is something that fans should be outraged by.
Speaker 3: People were asking why Aaron.
Speaker 2: Judge, who's the got the second most home runs in baseball at the moment, and and Cal Rawley for the Mariners, who was the most home runs in baseball, why they weren't on the American League team for the home run derby at the end? Wouldn't you put your biggest home run hitters in the game, But this must win competition, right of course. Well here's why scary Aaron Judge and Cal Rawly started the game. They played a couple of innings and they were taken out, which is traditional in All Star games. By the time the game ended, they left the stadium. They didn't stay for the end.
Speaker 3: They were gone. Oh shit, they weren't even there.
Speaker 2: No, they had private jets waiting for them, and they left.
Speaker 3: They left.
Speaker 2: So how can you tell me that the All Star Game has meaning went half to all the people from.
Speaker 3: The beginning of the game. They left, They weren't even there. That's awful, gone, awful, awful.
Speaker 2: So it reminds me of times that we have left concerts early to get some sleep. So I felt justified when we did it because we had to work in the morning and it'll leave early. But you imagine major League Baseball players who were picked, especially out of all the baseball players, you are selected to be one of the few, the proud that the special All Star players, and you don't even stay till the end to see who wins, and you.
Speaker 3: Expect us to care who wins. Yeah, I mean, come.
Speaker 2: On, that's wrong, right, it's wrong, right right, right, it's wrong, right, right right. So David Wright having his number retired on Saturday, Okay, we'll talk.
Speaker 3: He's right. The Glyn Boys Podcast. We will be right back. We've been very, very very sports heavy. We just started.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm going to talk about sports. I want to talk about problems I'm having with small children this week. Oh do you scary Jones moment? Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I'm yeah, I want to hear the gross Do you want to hear the gross story than the really gross story or the really gross story.
Speaker 3: Than the grocery I need to build up.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I'm invited over my friend's house for dinner this past weekend and then they're serving Italian food and he has six your old son, five or six years old, very cute kid. And you know, when you have Italian food, you like to have grated cheese. And they put out like an antipasta, which is, you know, salami and perjudo and cheese, very nice platter to begin dinner. And then we had the main course, the Italian food. So the sun the kid's not really eating dinner at the table, Okay, he's kind of running around and he comes over and he takes a piece of salami off of the tray and he takes a big bite of it. He goes yummy, and then he puts it back in the tray.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, now I got to pick around and only eat what's not being touched by the kids. Saliva. But all right, no problem, you can get away with that. Well, we're eating dinner, and you know, the Italian food comes out very nice, delicious, and they bring out the grated cheese and put on the table and it's got a spoon in it, right, it's the original container. They put a spoon in the cheese and I put a little on my food and it's good. And then I everyone you know, puts little cheese on their food. And the kid comes over and we're talking about I going, oh, does your son like the cheese?
Speaker 3: Oh? He loves cheese. It loves it, you know.
Speaker 2: So he comes over and he goes, I love cheese, and he takes the spoon out of the cheese and he eats the cheese on the spoon, a mouthful of cheese, the spoon back in the cheese.
Speaker 3: I saw this. I saw this coming a mile away. Wow, his parents see that.
Speaker 2: Everybody at the table saw it, and and and everyone was like.
Speaker 3: Ah, cute. I can't eat the cheese now, no way, You're done, You're done. Wait a second.
Speaker 2: The parents at that point didn't say, hey, let me just take the spoon out.
Speaker 3: We're gonna sorry, we're gonna do have a do over with the cheese. Just what you gonna do? The spoon went back into the cheese.
Speaker 2: You can't take the It wasn't like they put it wasn't like they took the cheese and put it in a container like like a like a like a serving dish.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like a bowl. No, I know you got the whole cheese.
Speaker 2: That that that whole like bowl of cheese is now contaminated.
Speaker 3: No, it's not contaminated if it's my kid.
Speaker 2: So I get why they didn't react because they didn't they weren't thinking about the fact that the rest of us at the table aren't gonna eat that cheese. Now, they should have thought about you, guys, that's the first person I would think of, is someone other than myself?
Speaker 3: How selfish are his parents?
Speaker 2: I don't know, But shouldn't they have said, like, I'm really sorry, Yeah, I'm really sorry, Like if you don't want to eat the cheese to totally get it, yes, you know, he and and he goes, you know, I'm not gonna mention the kid's name. But it's just like call a mikey. Shouldn't they have said, like, Mike, you don't do that, you know, I think.
Speaker 3: You should dox him right here on the podcast. No, No, I'm kidding.
Speaker 2: No, I want to be invited back to dinner. But I you know, I mean ISLAMI thing was one thing because you could just don't eat the salami that's under the sea.
Speaker 3: But now it's cheese and it's everywhere. It's great grated cheese, right yea, yeah, grated cheese. There's nothing.
Speaker 2: So I'm right, well, there's no way in hell even if they switched the spoon, you can't go back.
Speaker 3: That's it. It's over now. If you went, if you went.
Speaker 2: Back to their house in a month and you had Italian food again and another cheese container came out, how long before you're convinced it's no longer the same cheese container?
Speaker 3: Six months? Nah, you could go two three months.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna be questioning everything that's been put in front of me because I'm like, wait a second, how do I know this kid didn't you know, dip his fingers in the sauce, you.
Speaker 3: Know, or whatever? It was, you know, prior to me getting there or something. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, it sounds like they're very relaxed in the in the house, with the way that they eat theirs, not this. How about six months later, you're convinced it's a new cheese, but you don't know for a fact whether that kid ate with a spoon out of that cheese. Also, maybe that's a thing he does all the time. In fact, maybe he had eaten out of the container before I ever put my cheese on my food, and I didn't see it because it happened that last night or the day before.
Speaker 3: It wasn't a fresh open cheese.
Speaker 2: It was like an eighty percent cheese that could have eaten.
Speaker 3: Yeah. See, I can't never eat cheese at that house again. Now you're pretty much screwed. You can't. Yeah, no, I.
Speaker 2: Don't have to bring my own cheese. If I they invite me over, I'll bring my own cheese.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 2: Okay, So here's here's my next child problem. Oh you're oh, this is a litany of problems. This is like a rolling list. I told, Okay, what's the second one?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: No, because okay, because this is the first for you, David, Bro, you usually defend the kids and rip love case. You rip me love kids because I had no tolerance for kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love kids. Okay. So this weekend at the community pool in my where I live, or smell feces. You want to tell the story, Oh, that is that what happened? I had no idea, Bro.
Speaker 2: I'm like, okay, But when I think, when I hear the words listen, listen to me.
Speaker 3: This is my brain. My brain tells me this.
Speaker 2: I hear the words community pool, I'm like, shit, pitt.
Speaker 3: That that's what was going through out of my head. Okay.
Speaker 2: So normally when I swim, I swim later in the day when it's empty. Everybody's on their way to dinner. I go at dinner time. You know, no one's around, nobody's home. I go, and I go, I go swimming. Usually it's like one person in the pool. Well, somebody must have invited their family over to use.
Speaker 3: The community pool.
Speaker 2: Oh, because there was a young couple with a with a with a baby girl in the pool and I've never seen them before.
Speaker 3: They must not live there.
Speaker 2: I think there were guesses an older couple that was there, and I like to hang out in the deep end by the ladder.
Speaker 3: I go in with the ladder, I hang on the deep end. All the kids are over the other end of the pool by the staff.
Speaker 2: The ladder pretty much guarantees that you're not gonna have any kids around you. I agree with that. Yeah, I'm I'm in the deep end. Well, the kids got floaties on. So Dad thinks it's a good idea to like swim with heart to the deep end and teacher how to climb up the ladder. So I'm like, uh, this is my area. What are you doing over here? So the kids like dang, I am to dang. I know, you know, Okay, go up the ladder. Okay, jump, go up the ladder. Jump.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, okay, can I please?
Speaker 2: Because what I do is I set up a table near the ladder, and I have my phone playing music, so it's my own world. So I'm like, fuck, my phone is playing like hard rock music and this kid is jumping off the ladder.
Speaker 3: The kid's like, I don't know, a year and a half old, you sounded like me every day, Brody.
Speaker 2: Nope, nope, nope, no, whatever I have to do for that not to happen anyway. Anyway, the kid goes back to the shallow end, and when the kid climbed up the ladder.
Speaker 3: As a parent, I always do the swimmy's check. You know what a swimmy is.
Speaker 2: Swimmy is the two arms with the floatable things. I'm referring to the swim diaper.
Speaker 3: Oh, the swim diaper. Okay, gotcha.
Speaker 2: Okay, these are the ones that like they're water a legedly waterproof and absorbent inside. And uh they they tightly like elastic band around your legs to keep in whatever may come out when you're in the pool. Oh. In fact, you might go to pool sometimes where they say children must be wearing swim diapers.
Speaker 3: Right, you can't just regular diapers?
Speaker 2: Is there? Does the water from the pool get into the diaper at that point?
Speaker 3: No? No, it's designed.
Speaker 2: I mean, does a little get in I don't know, but it's designed not to let water in or urine out.
Speaker 3: Whatever. Oh oh, I didn't know that. I didn't know they made that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well again, you don't have kids, so I see that the kid have. I'm like, okay, swimmy check done. Kids in sweat bets, no problem. The kid goes back to the into the pool, and I look, and I got like twenty minutes left before the pool closes. I'm Jollian life. I'm in the deep end, and all of a sudden, I smell the most awful thing, awful, awful, awful off and I look and the guy is changing his daughter's diaper on one of the lounge chairs. Whoa, and it's complete it's complete diarrhea. And I'm gonna get gross here. It drips on the guy's leg as he's changing it. Now look now, listen, I'm at pool level. My head is above the pool level by a little bit. So I'm looking at his legs. Right his legs. I can see under the lounge he got a little drippage.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: So he lifts the kid up to wipe the kid down, and he's wiping the kid down and it's it's just a mess, and it's just wafting. It's just wafting, and it's like ninety degrees on its ship and it's like, pooh, it's ship, baby, baby, it's horrible.
Speaker 3: Freeze it for us. That's free shit for David Brodie, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Free for us, David Brodie, what what do you owe this honor? So then I start thinking, Okay, it must have happened in the shallow end.
Speaker 3: I'm assuming. I'm assuming the swimmy's.
Speaker 2: Held okay, but I don't know for a fact they held completely. So now I'm done, I'm out of the pool. I get out of the pool. He cleans the kid up, puts on new diapers. Great, listen, I'm not blaming the guy. There's nothing you can do this thing. You know, these things happen nasty. But now I'm like, I get I put my shoes on, my socks, I dry off, whatever, and I walk down. As I'm leaving, the exit is by the shallow end, so I'm looking in the shallow end to see if there's any remnants of anything, to see if anything, Like nobody else is getting out. There's other like two other families with kids. Nobody's moving, so I'm assuming nothing happened. But but poop baby is like he left the poop diaper on the ground. No, no, he didn't leave, but it's still on the ground because he's still dressing the kid back up as I'm leaving.
Speaker 3: So I'm saying, for.
Speaker 2: A split second there I did understand Scary Jones's aversion Thank You to Small Children, than I did understand it.
Speaker 3: Poop Baby was too much for even me, because even.
Speaker 2: Though it's a big pool, if one drop of poo poop comes out in the pool, the whole pole's bad.
Speaker 3: The whole pole is ruined, ruined.
Speaker 2: I tell you, your last story reminded me of that ill fated day in August poop your pants a few years ago when I was at an ac and it was the hottest day of the year, and we were all in the pool at the Golden Nugget and then all of a sudden, a brown nugget, a brown nugget came floating by the pool, and they had to shock the pool and do what you gotta do, put the chemicals in.
Speaker 3: We didn't go to the pool the rest of the day.
Speaker 2: We weren't allowed, and it was frankly at that point we just kind of lost our mojo to go in the pool.
Speaker 3: But what do you how does that? How does that happen?
Speaker 2: You think somebody does a leg lift and like releases the kracking and then like acts like.
Speaker 3: I don't know how it happens. It's weird man.
Speaker 2: But anyway, but what do you do if if you release the cracking in your bathing suit and it's a solid object? Come on, man, how do you get how do you get out of the pool? Because if you get out of the pool, it's gonna fall on the ground. And if you if you you have to let it out in the pool, right, Maybe no way to keep it well, it has like it probably has come out of a kid. At that point, they probably figured like he no, no, no no, Maybe they didn't feel that. Maybe just kind of slid right out. Could you balance it in the bayanus area of your bathing suit If you have a bathing suit that has like that internal netting, maybe it catches it.
Speaker 3: All right, it's your story, Scary. I'm just answering. No, no, no, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I was just I don't want to dwell on it. I just want to reminisce for a minute. You realize the golden nugget. Either the pool is going to be like golden or have a nugget like two options.
Speaker 3: I'm not good, I got a nugget. Okay. I'm a question for you.
Speaker 2: Based on the track record, Scary, you have said that if you're in a pool and a hot girl piece, it's fine. This hot girl pee is fine, yep. But if it's an ugly girl, you're out disgusting. What if it's hot girl poop? No, I'm out, I'm out. What if it's very hot girl poop? No?
Speaker 3: Stop it, stop it? No, no, come on, man, I don't want to I don't want to talk about this stuff. This is nasty. Well I did say this though.
Speaker 2: Remember, Yeah, there's a difference between being in the pool with someone who peas.
Speaker 3: Versus them being outside the pool and then peeing into the pool. Yeah, if you see it, it's worse, but it's the same thing. If you think of it, you're getting the same liquid.
Speaker 2: If someone's standing over the pool peeing into it, you're like, ah, But if someone's peeing in the.
Speaker 3: Pool and while they're in the pool, is it as bad? It's not as bad, right, or maybe it is. I don't know. It's okay. It's like you go to a restaurant. You know they're handling the food with their hands.
Speaker 2: You know that their bare hands are touching your food, but you don't see it, right, right, But if they come to your table and they're like making the guak at your table and they're using their bare hands to like massage and mix up the guaka.
Speaker 3: I'd be like, rah, yeah, same thing, same thing with vermin, rats, mice.
Speaker 2: You know that if you're eating in a boiling basement of Manhattan in the Lower East Side in the middle of July, you know that you know the the the the rodents rule the roost, and that there's water bugs and mice and disgusting this and who knows if it reached the food or not, but you're assuming the best out of sight, out of mind.
Speaker 3: Is this what you were thinking when you were at Tuxedo China? Whoever? That place was, Tiny's Tuxedo?
Speaker 2: Okay, do you remember the bit that I used to have Elvis do on the Morning Show where I would look up on the Board of Health website restaurants that failed their inspections.
Speaker 3: Yes, of course that was classic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I would have him read what they were fined for. Maybe we should do that again, pull up the I'll try to find that page again.
Speaker 3: It's been a long time. And it was like this didn't wash hands, vermin, fecal matter.
Speaker 2: It was like a whole list of stuff and you're like, oh my god, like eighty seven violations in the past six months. So speaking of eighty five violations and dirty diners, my cousin carmined this guy is a relic.
Speaker 3: He he.
Speaker 2: I don't know how he gets by from day to day. Member's only jacket, can't cook for somelf.
Speaker 3: I love him to death. He's my favorite. He's funny as hell. Man.
Speaker 2: He would be he would make a great third third voice on this podcast. He's I would have him on instead of you in a minute a mile a minute. Yeah, thanks. So he also he also has the opposite schedule as us. He is awake during the nighttime and sleepy. He works all the time. That would be the opposite of me. Okay, but over he's he wakes. His day starts at like three pm and it ends at six am. So the poor guy does not.
Speaker 3: Have a microwave. I mean, he's got a house, but he doesn't use it. He doesn't know, he doesn't use the stoven't he doesn't use the stove.
Speaker 2: He has no microwave, and he likes to go to buy some food during the day for his quote dinner at two am.
Speaker 3: He eats dinner at two am, so he goes.
Speaker 2: He goes to get some food, like pre made food, right, and they put it, puts it in the refrigerator, and then when it's time to eat, he ticks it out of the fridge, puts it in the oven.
Speaker 3: To heat it up. That's his routine.
Speaker 2: That's coffee well a few weeks ago. I don't know what possessed him to do what he did, but he he takes the food out of the fridge, puts it in the in the in the oven to heat it up. Okay, the oven is broken. He's freaking out. My oven is broken. I can't heat up my food. Doesn't know how to put it on the stove or warm things up that way, God forbid he should.
Speaker 3: He just doesn't. Doesn't is that?
Speaker 2: Does parents not teach him how to do that? I would tell him to google it, but he probably doesn't have a cell phone or the internet. He has pots and pants, does not compute, does not doesn't understand what so what does he do?
Speaker 3: He wants to do some takeout? Bro? Does he eats on his phone or any app?
Speaker 2: Okay, the guy doesn't have a microwave, he doesn't have uber eats. Come on, he stills a clamshell phone, one of those old school phones. It doesn't it's not even like a regular phone, like at least he's not using a rotary.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, the guy does not have ubre eeds. He doesn't.
Speaker 2: He doesn't believe in it. He doesn't established by the fact he does not use the stove. But okay, yeah, so what does he do at two o'clock in the morning. He goes online looking for which diners may be open so he can have dinner. Oh, he went online. That's something I give him credit for that. Where do you think what's open at two in the morning in the area where he lives in Brooklyn?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Something ten minutes away in Coney Island. Okay, got a nail fail, right, because I mean, Coney Island's great, the home of the cyclones or whatever in the daytime at two o'clock in the morning, would you be traveling through there? No, But we all know that, and he knows that he's a smart guy. So he he finds the one place that's open, orders a bunch of food from it, and then they don't have a delivery, so he goes, I'll come pick it up. So so it so he said are we reading about twenty minutes? So he gets in his car to go pick up the food. Okay, what do you think he sees brody when he when he gets there opens up the door of the diner. A rat, four menacing looking guys, and a bunch of prostitutes hang it out.
Speaker 3: And it was that old, that old. Maybe maybe they were going to a Halloween party, right, yeah, it was that.
Speaker 2: It was that saloon scene where the record is playing and then the double doors open up and this random, pale white guy with gold chains from the eighties comes in and the record scratches, and everybody.
Speaker 3: Looks at him, like, what the fuck are you doing here? Buddy? You made you made a wrong turn somewhere. Son.
Speaker 2: He goes to pick up his food and he goes in and then he gets it. He comes back out and then finds out he locked himself out.
Speaker 3: Of his house.
Speaker 2: We goes home with the food locked and the house is locked. He his he forgot his keys. Now you would think, how did this door lock?
Speaker 3: No, he he must have.
Speaker 2: He left the keys in the house and then he and did not lie. It's one of those doors that locked from the inside. When you when you when you pull the door closed. But he but here's the thing, his key, right, He's got a ring. No listen, his key ring has his keys on it for his car, so anyone else, it's combined, right, like your house keys and your car keys are on the same ring. Yes, way, if you if you go into your car, you always have your house keys. If you have your house key, he's got separate rings. So he forgot his house key rings. Ring in his house, gets into his car the door. He doesn't realize until he gets back home that he doesn't have his house keys, so he slips in his car overnight at Holy with the food, Brody with the food. And this happened to have been a few weeks back when day remember that one hundred degree day we had here in the Northeast. It was that night he was woke up boiling with like drenched in sweat. Why didn't he go back to the restaurant, maybe spend the night with the prostitute. Probably she had her house keys.
Speaker 3: Poor guy. But I want to do something for him. What can I do for a hold up?
Speaker 2: Get him hire a locksmith for him, or get a lock that doesn't automatically locked. But I want to have him or have a hide a key installed on his car so that he can reach up onder the fender and get his house key if he has to, like a box or something, because that's what you should get him. But more importantly, if you know you have a door that automatically locks, then how do you leave your house without your key? How is your key not like hanging on a hook right by the door. And why isn't it on your car key chain? And why isn't there a house keys no car in your in the trunk of your car? Questioning so many questions, But but I just wanted to do simple things for him. I teach him, like first of all, upgrade his phone and then download like some some food apps, and you have show.
Speaker 3: Him show him how to like order food online that comes to your door.
Speaker 2: Now, look a number of years ago, probably four years ago, maybe I told you about the time I got locked out of my house. But if I remember correctly, the power the garage door wouldn't open. That's how I normally would have gotten in, right, So the fact that my door was locked and then my keys on me, it was I just got out. I don't remember why I was outside, but I'd walked out for a second and closed the door. Some bugs wouldn't get in, but I had garage doors that would open through. No fault of mine was I locked out of the house, but this situation Yeah, uh anyway, insanity. Yeah, Hormine is a comedy of errors. He's a relic, but I love him though. I love your call.
Speaker 3: If you're listening, he's not listening. He would he would know how to access to this podcast. You can't put You can't.
Speaker 2: Put an app on a flip phone podcast uncle listening? Holy shit. Hey, I was out with my friend paper Menu the other day. We went for pizza and he was telling me about a problem he has with his neighbor. Now, anyone who lives on a street with houses, or even if you live in an apartment building, this could be appropriate. Hey, scary if you if you're in the lobby and you see somebody in the lobby that lives in your building and you know them relatively, you see them leaving the building and they make eye contact with you, they should wave right like.
Speaker 3: Hey, course, at least a head nod. We do the Brooklyn head nod like soup.
Speaker 2: So so, Paper Menu has a neighbor who, he said, tell me the story that, Uh, the husband very friendly, always waves, but the wife if he's outside, like mowing the lawn or whatever. If the wife will come home and pull up in her car, she'll get out of the car, look over in his direction and not give him the wave. Or if she's coming out of the house to go to her car, she doesn't give.
Speaker 3: Him the wave.
Speaker 2: He'll wave to her, and if he waves to her, she might wave back, but if she sees him first, she won't do the wave. And I feel like, you got to do the neighbor wave. Yeah, he's bothered by this.
Speaker 3: He said.
Speaker 2: She's very friendly, he likes her, there's no problem, but she doesn't do the wave. It's like when you let someone cross the street in front of you. Yeah, right, you're driving, You're like, oh, and you get your wave him on if they don't wave back, like does they all?
Speaker 3: He thanks? You got to give the wave back? No, you have to.
Speaker 2: So he's asking me, He's like, should I mention something to the husband, like ask if maybe there's a problem. But he's like, how do I ask the husband, like why doesn't your wife wave? That seems like an odd question?
Speaker 3: What would you do? Would you ask the husband or you ask her?
Speaker 2: Like, hey, so I won't ignore it and just chuck it up as awkward. But you know, I don't want to jump in. I don't want to start a fight. I don't want to try, and you know, because then they wind up angry at me if I bring it up.
Speaker 3: You know, what the hell? You know? You know you don't want to snitch on her, right, and then you don't want to confront her.
Speaker 2: It sounds like a Curb Enthusiasm episode, Like I feel like Larry David would want the wave. It would bother him, like for forty minutes of the episode. How do you not get the wave? If she comes out and it looks over you like, oh, there's my neighbor, But you don't do the wave or the chin up like a nod. There's something wrong there. There's obviously a problem or is she so? Like know like neighbor etiquette a chin up.
Speaker 3: Or not or not? Like I almost ei it down or up? I do the up right, I do the chin up? I do the chi up. I didn't up? Usually go s up? Yeah I didn't sup soup. How do you not do the sub?
Speaker 2: You gotta do the sub you gotta always sup But maybe maybe she she doesn't see very well. Does she have a vision problem. I don't know if she's driving the car. He didn't say she wears glasses. I'm just not trying to make excuses for her. But no, but she looks over in his direction. She acknowledges his existence. She's not like looking straight ahead. She sort of sees him like peripherally, like other But she doesn't go like, hey, just.
Speaker 3: Give a hay the hey is necessary away. It would bother me if you didn't get the hang.
Speaker 2: So I told him to ask the people who live on the other side of this woman to see if they get the neighbor wave. And he's like, I don't want to. I don't want to cause trouble. What if they go back and tell her that I was asking about her.
Speaker 3: I was like, well, you'll never know.
Speaker 2: You got to ask the people on the other side if they get the wave. Would you ask the other people? Would you be like, hey, does she wave to you because you're not waving to me.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know. I don't know what I would do. I would what do you think I would do? Oh?
Speaker 2: You would intervene. You would you would actually confront her, That's what you would do. Not only would I confront her, as as as paper Menu's friend who doesn't live there. I'm thinking about asking the neighbors if they get the wave. I got to know now what the problem is? What kind of person doesn't do the neighbor wave? That's so Actually, I we had some things that wanted to check off the list from the that first episode back. Did we talk about my boy who uh who got cock blocked by the eight year old kid?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, talked about that. Okay, I also talked about it on the Big Show, and I got my ass handed to me. Actually no, no, not that. It wasn't that now that one that one went over? Was it about the goodbye letter?
Speaker 3: The goodbye letter? I got? Yeah? How'd you get? Yeah? The goodbye letter? I got totally ripped. And people started.
Speaker 2: Texting into the show saying that, I you know, who am I to say? Who gets to write a farewell letter? But but yeah, did you know know if somebody, if somebody works for a company for six months still write a letter?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, no, okay, well, well I can understand. I think my final answer on that is. I think if you've been there for two to three years, you get to do that. Three years.
Speaker 3: But three years, okay, two and a half years. No, well, I was gonna go five years. But do you write a farewell? I don't know. People come and go so quickly now they use jobs like toilet paper.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 2: If I worked there twenty four and a half years, do you remember my letter? Do you remember my letter?
Speaker 3: My see you later letter?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I don't because I didn't write one. Oh you didn't write one? Okay, well, but you usually have the option. You could have had the option to write one.
Speaker 2: But yeah, listen, there were lots of people in that company that loved me, and lots of people that made like I don't care.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't care. I'm not going to ball to those people, right well, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think if it's weird if you're there for a year and like you're saying goodbye, like okay, nobody cares. Anyway, there was something that happened and I wanted.
Speaker 3: To get your take on this, Brody.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I told you, okay, about my flight from Miami to Jamaica the morning of meeting my family at the villa in Jamaica.
Speaker 3: They owe you money.
Speaker 2: Already. The answer is, the airline is money. I smell pul I smell fecal matter on the plane. That's what I'd like you doing with my pool story. I already know where this is going.
Speaker 3: They owe you money.
Speaker 2: So the I was getting on an American Airlines flight and I was, yeah, I was sitting. I was sitting, you know, right by the front because that's what I do. I like to buy, buy my way to the front with points. And I'm sitting there and they close, They're about to close the cabin door, and the one of the flight attendants was talking to another flight attendant and there was a flickering light in the galley, you know where they prepare the food and the drinks in that galley area right between the door the front door and like the bathroom and with a pilot cockpit right there, there's a flicker the galley, the galley, the front the light.
Speaker 3: There's a light that was like flickering. And they were like, we gotta do something about it.
Speaker 2: And they're like, oh, should we need to get on the ground in Jamaica, Like they're not gonna have the maintenance for it.
Speaker 3: We gotta we we gotta do it.
Speaker 2: We got and they're like, and I'm thinking, and I hear them going back and forth discussing if they're gonna quote report this or not. As soon as they said no, what we got, we got to call the maintenance on board. And again they hadn't closed the door yet. They haven't told the whole plane what the hell was going on. But everyone was on board, everyone was seated, ready to go. And I turned to the woman next to me, who was a complete stranger. I said, this ain't gonna end well because the very second that you say, oh, we have a flickering light in the galley, now all it was was a regular bulb. I'm like, this is gonna this is gonna cause a ship storm of a delay. Brodie, at least.
Speaker 3: Two hours it cost us. Do you know the old joke, how many people to shake to us screwing a light bulb?
Speaker 2: People on there and they're like oh, and they take the cover off the fucking thing and they're like, oh, yeah, it's a little It looks like we just got to change the bulb.
Speaker 3: It's fluorescent, like.
Speaker 2: All right, So they come on, they pipe in the other the new bulb, the new fluorescent bulb, and sure, and now it lights up. And as it's lit, right, they're putting the cover now back over the on the light and it's screwing it in. And as they're screwing it in, it starts, it starts flickering again. I'd like, oh, sounds like we have a bad a bad transformer or a bad something that's in back of the light. And we gotta we gotta go get our tools. We gotta get our tools.
Speaker 3: So now they come back a half hour later with the proper tools.
Speaker 2: So they now have to take the cover off the light, pull the fluorescent light off, and now unscrew the actual lighting fixture compartment. Now, now they fucking do that, and there's wire and it's it's attacked in the back of the compartment is attached to wires and you can see the fucking like plane.
Speaker 3: Now now I'm looking at plane guts. I'm like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: They pulled the compartment down and they're up there. They're like, yeah, this transformer thing, it's oh, this is an old one.
Speaker 3: This is an old one. Yeah, and then pulled the transformer whatever it's called. I forgot what it's.
Speaker 2: It's not a transformer whatever whatever power is the fluorescent light, it's a little box.
Speaker 3: And Mikey, we got a KAO seventy one. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know if we have one. This is an old one. This is an old plane. This hasn't been changed whatever it was in years. They're like, oh, no, we hope we have one that's compatible. We'll be back. And they had to go travel to the other end of the hangar to some fucking like you know, wherever they keep the plane parts to see if they even had one or one that was compatible. They're like, oh, we definitely don't have this. They don't make this anymore. Yeah, motherfucker, I wanted to pump that flight attendant. We could have taken off, we could have gone, we could have left, we could have been.
Speaker 3: On the ground.
Speaker 2: They could have un what if the flickering light is indicative of the problem with other parts of the plane, Like what if it needs to be serviced. You don't know what that's, you know, like sometimes your headlight is connected to like the power motor and you and you see, Okay, this was a simple fluorescent lighting fixture in the galley that was flickering and bothering the flight attendant so much so that he felt the need to Now, of course the pilots are pissed, because now everybody's pissed because they had to go the announcement attendants at disco. Unless there's people who are like sensitive to flickering lights. Problem, we're on, okay, So we have a bit of a problem here. And uh FAA, they they always throw that line in the FAA requires us to report even in something so simple as a flickering light, we cannot take off.
Speaker 3: We have to we have to fix this fi flickering light problem.
Speaker 2: And but meanwhile I'm getting the full story up front because for me, I'm here in the back and forth and whatever, and they fire as a captain speaking, we got a problem with Finicky Frank again.
Speaker 3: Finicky Frank is causing a stink like he always does.
Speaker 2: Wladys a gentleman. I'd like to apologize. He's a union member. We can't fire him, but this is the crap we put up with. He couldn't deal with a flickering light. So we're gonna be here about three hours, thank you.
Speaker 3: All I'll say is this guy was a diva he was one of the he was a diva. He was a diva flight. He was a diva flight attendant.
Speaker 2: And hell no, I can't have a finite yep, So spand lighting for me. In an hour and a half goes by. I'm like, this is bullshit, and I'm sitting there and I'm seething with anger. Finally six guys come back on the plane, and now now the whole plane is involved. Everyone's like looking up front to see him at the light these days. They come back on board this place lane and again it's like again six guys to change the light bulb, and they're all sitting there and they're like looking in there with their flash lights in there, and they're like, all of a sudden, they flick, the light goes on, same exact situation. They take the cover, They put the light back in its compartment, the compartment they screwed to the freaking plane. They take the cover and now they're screwing the cover and I'm like, please, please, please, don't go out, don't flicker, don't flicker, And all of a sudden, everything was.
Speaker 3: Just calm.
Speaker 2: And the light stayed on and the entire plane erupted with laughter and screaming.
Speaker 3: And couplause, couplause.
Speaker 2: So I have a question with the six men that came to fix the light be honest, were any of the muscular or attractive No, I'm wondering if Finicky Frank maybe screwed up the light bulb so that guys that.
Speaker 3: Have to No, it wasn't like that, but he couldn't keep his mouth shut. Like I mean, I listened, what what if? I don't know. I'm not I don't want the guy to lose his job, but I mean.
Speaker 2: You listen, how many times have you seen in the news that a plane crash, they find the black No, no, they find the black box, and they report that flickering light was the cause of the crash.
Speaker 3: Zero happens all the time. Scary exactly.
Speaker 2: But anyway, now I ask you, David Brody, Yeah, because I haven't contacted American Airlines about that because I went right I slid right into the villa and I just had a beautiful family vacation. I didn't want to stress or anxiety. Now what I do if you had called immediately within the first day or two when you got back and you said, you know, I missed my my head, I had a car service waiting for me, or I missed the tram back to the hotel, or you know, I missed the meal my whole family was having lunch.
Speaker 3: I don't so on this one.
Speaker 2: I feel like you missed your opportunity to embellish yourself into a couple of hundred bucks. Yeah, you should have spoken to some other people on the flight, see if they were going to complain, you know, get a class action suit going everybody, Oh, we all want the two hundred bucks. I feel like you should have gotten something for your for your troubles sitting there in the in the on the hot plane. You know, if did the entertainment system work or did they turn that off? While you have everything? Everything worked, everything worked, Maybe you could have gotten an upgraded meal, some free food or something. They should have done something for the flight, like first round of drinks is on us, something nice. But the fact that they didn't, well, something, something would have been nice to lay. We're sorry for your inconvenience. Yeah, here's uh, you know, maybe give you ten thousand points, give you a little something. I feel like they owe you a little something. Okay, all right, well, thank you, And how about this quick one for free dessert. Last night, Chinese Tuxedo. One of the specials was described to me as this beautiful Uh. It's like, oh, we have this also this this rab entree uh and it's battered and fried and they have this dipping sauce with it, and it's on special crab.
Speaker 3: I'm a crab. Oh my god calling me there, So Robin and I ordered that to split. The dish comes out.
Speaker 2: It was crab substitute soft shell crab. Oh, I like soft I hate soft shell crab.
Speaker 3: I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. Well, why wouldn't you ask?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 3: Why did you tell me? She should have said it soft shell crab.
Speaker 2: If you have if you have a special and it's a soft shell crab special, you should say, yes, we have soft shell crab. She never said the words, Loves never said those words. Had she said those words, it would have prompted me to not order that. There's king crab, there's Alaskan, but there's also just crab. There's snow crab.
Speaker 3: There's other kinds of crab. There's crab cakes, stone crab, stone crab, right, sure, all of it. I love it all.
Speaker 2: But she specifically just said crab. So if you were to think deep fried crab, would you assume stow crab, I mean soft shell crab.
Speaker 3: No, you wouldn't.
Speaker 2: And so when Robin was like, I needed it, because Robin doesn't need it, now, I eat it unwillingly, I'm like, Okay, it's whatever.
Speaker 3: So I ate the soft shell sounds like your sex It sounds like your sex life we're going on.
Speaker 2: So I ate the soft shell crab, and I only ate like half of it because I wanted to get through other things. So I'm like, yeah, whatever. But Robin didn't eat her portion at all. And we sat there and the lady said, oh, what happened.
Speaker 3: You don't like it?
Speaker 2: I said, well, gotta be honest. I didn't want to complain. But you didn't specify in the beginning that this was soft shell crab. You just said crab. You said deep fried crab with a dipping sauce, and I thought that in my brain that sounded really, really delectable. I said, but we're not big fans of soft shell crab. My girlfriend in the facts hates soft shell crab.
Speaker 3: She said, oh my god, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: She walked away. I didn't say anything. She did't say anything because Robin looked at me and she's like, we're gonna say something. I said, I'm not gonna say anything.
Speaker 3: No way. I think I should have. I should have.
Speaker 2: It was on me to specify. Hey, yeah, what kind of grap asked the follow up question. Although I did it on you, but it would have been nice if the waitress said, I'll give you some free uh you know, ice cream or something with pineapple or something.
Speaker 3: At the end.
Speaker 2: Well, that's exactly what she did. She showed up unannounced with here is our classic dessert. It is an egg custard pie and it's our best seller. And I want to give this to you guys, just for being you. And she we didn't ask for the free.
Speaker 3: Dessert, but we got our free dessert nice with Scary and Rotie Scary. That story before the commercials warms my heart.
Speaker 2: You didn't even have to ask. See, there are still people out there that will acknowledge. That is why that's where the theory comes from. They should just give you free dessert. When then when something goes wrong, you shouldn't have to ask.
Speaker 3: We had freedaze. She gave us the free desert.
Speaker 2: I was so excited for that, so all right, but yeah, brody, but to see and then again, I sometimes choose restaurants that they have that level of service and expertise, and they they you know, they think ahead.
Speaker 3: As opposed to being three steps behind.
Speaker 2: Blah, Okay, how you said two steps behind. I would have said, thanks, Steph Leopard, but you said three steps So uh, three steps to the move I think is a song anyway, So I have a question for you.
Speaker 3: Would you like.
Speaker 2: A question about a weird food and what it is? Or would you like a riddle from Facebook with stupid answers?
Speaker 3: I like the riddle. Let's go riddle.
Speaker 2: Manddle off of five hundred please. So I'm gonna tell you right now that the answer the question is wrong. There are multiple countries that fit this this question, but that's not what the riddle is. The riddle is more about the answers people gave the riddle. Again, these are videos that pop up on Facebook. What is the only country in the world that begins and ends with the same vowel?
Speaker 3: The only country in the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that begins and ends with the same vowel. Now, it's irrelevance scary because there are a lot of countries that begin and end. But the point of this segment, as you know, is to read stupid responses.
Speaker 3: Right, So here we go.
Speaker 2: This person said Africa, of which a bunch of people replied, Africa.
Speaker 3: Is not a country. Yeah, it's a continent. Okay. This person replied, ohio ha ha not a country.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Diane replied the way Idaho state?
Speaker 2: Okay, Uh, let's see. This person responded Alabama. So people just misreading this and thinking, wow, people are miss reading, thinking that that they asked for a state instead.
Speaker 3: Of a country. Here is This person responded India. Also, well, wait, India is India is a country? Does it? It doesn't start, but it doesn't stalk with an eye and an eye Okay, yep, that's okay.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: This person said America.
Speaker 1: That no.
Speaker 2: The next person replied there's no such country as America, to which the original person wrote, if you consider the official name United States of America, then it works, to which the same person replied it doesn't work. United starts with a y dumbass Oh you yeah, yeah yeah. So so how about a right answer. Australia, Yeah, Australia, Angola, Armenia, Antigua, Albania, Algeria.
Speaker 3: There's a lot.
Speaker 2: They're all, but the question is incorrect because they said, what's the only country that starts with there's several idiots, Yeah, this person wrote. This person wrote Europe. Uh uh huh mm hmmm hmmm. So there that that's uh. People on Facebook. I'm gonna give you one more. Would you like another riddle?
Speaker 3: Riddle me this batman? Okay, how many US states start with the letter p? Okay? Start with the letter yep, and then I will read you some of the many responses.
Speaker 2: Well, I already know the response is because there's these are going in my head right now, like not state, not a state, not a state.
Speaker 3: So I'm not going to say.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to say Pittsburgh because pennsil but Pennsylvany. Wait, start with the letter P is Pennsylvania. Okay, I got that. Okay, but other people probably said things like Philadelphia or Phoenix, right, all cities right, ye, Philadelphia. One person wrote, there were two This question is wrong. There were two Philadelphia and Pittsburgh.
Speaker 3: Fucking morons again Peoria.
Speaker 2: This person said Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. This person said Pennsylvania and Philadelphia.
Speaker 3: There's only one. It's Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: But they said Pennsylvania and Philadelphia. Yes, two separate entities nowhere near each other. Yeah, right, exactly. So that's my point is people don't read or comprehend whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah. How many more breaks do we have? This is the last one.
Speaker 2: By the way, I was going to go clothing shopping for the summer. Here I have the summer outfits.
Speaker 3: It's a little a little late and a little late in the game. That home.
Speaker 2: I get them half price. I'll pull a brody. You think I could pull off a tank top? No, No, If you had a tankd up on, the last thing you should do is pull it off. No, I'm thinking about no offense. Yeah no, but scary is the thing you post videos of yourself with no shirt on?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well so I sort of.
Speaker 2: But I feel like a tank top accentuates your shoulders and your arms.
Speaker 3: Which are not my strong point right now, right right? I mean I have borderline loves lady arms. It was a flap. I didn't want to flap in the breeze. Yeah, I didn't want to be the one to say that.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll take credit for it, but okay, it's it's it's an expression. But you know I feel I would suggest I would wear an If I were you, I would wear an inverted tank top. I would wear just sleeves. I would find like long gloves like they used to wear in the twenties. I would I get too sleep, slide on the sleeves, and I would go chestless.
Speaker 3: Chestless.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your chest is fine, your arms are the problem. So I would go out with no shirt and just sleeves, just on your shoulders, your shoulders, your upper arms. You could wear like like those long What about those long smoking gloves that women used to wear, the silk ones in the ninet forties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, I said, the twenties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the forties, the long white gloves, those shirt and wear gloves up to your shoulders.
Speaker 3: That would be a good look for you.
Speaker 2: Terrible, terrible, awful. I just don't think that guys my age who are not jacked can pull it off. I think the only women. I think women could wear tank tops, and maybe kids up till twelve. That was the last time I wore tank top when I was twelve years old. I think maybe eight or nine was the last time I wore a tank top.
Speaker 3: But they're so like freeing.
Speaker 2: I wish I wish they were more socially acceptable for people of my thatture, but I don't think old sture. What statue do you have. You're an Italian guy from Brookly she wearing a wife beater, tea or guinea t depending on which offensive term you want to status stature or my physical build my physique. I'll say that your physique my physic But you know what I would I would say to you, let me check the math. Ninety of men who were tank tops should not be oh really, But the guys, I say, listen, the guys that I see wearing tank tops are like jacked, and they have a right to they're They're like showing off muscles.
Speaker 3: Ten percent look good.
Speaker 2: But most most most guys in tank tops usually have a gut and and fat arms and like green blotchy tattoos from thirty years ago that all.
Speaker 3: Guy like that defeated faded tattoo A. I don't know, so I was. I really want to get back into the world of tank tops. I think it will be come.
Speaker 2: By the way, if I just described you, I'm sorry, I apologize. You're talking about people who don't listen to this podcast, who look like that you do a pro You're you're a listen to an asshole. If if my arms were jacked, I would wear a tank Look, I'm not wearing a tank top. I'm the first person. I'm I'm my stature. According to scary, I'm not a tank top guy. Although I do, I do have any bounce with you. I don't have lunch lady arms.
Speaker 3: No you don't. I don't. I don't but all the pickleball. But is it? Is it an age thing?
Speaker 2: Should a man in their fifties be wearing a tank top? I don't think it's an age thing.
Speaker 3: I've seen.
Speaker 2: I've seen eighty year old grandpa's wearing tank tops. They look fine if if they're if they're wearing it, if they look good. I'm I'm on the business of judging guy screaminating events. I'm being agist. But is it a style thing where they just don't have that for people our age?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I think I think people our age absolutely can wear a tank rock at. I don't think. I don't think you and I can wear tank tops because we're not physically fit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I this puts in my body. I want to cover up. I'm not one hundred percent comfortable going sleeveless. That's not who I am.
Speaker 3: Well, you go shirtless, so yeah, but the shirtless is better than tank top for me. Oh, I agree. You know the reason it's I'll tell you the slices of case. You're like, what's the difference.
Speaker 2: When you go topless, people's eyes are focused all over the place and it averages out. Yes, but when you wear a tank top, you're covering up most of what people can look at, and all they can now focus on is your naked shoulders and arms. Right, so you're making people focus on the un sexy, flabby lunch lady part. And by the way, slices, if you're a lunch lady, no offense, scary, insulted.
Speaker 3: You, you know what he means.
Speaker 2: Oh, man, we're not gonna We're not We're not trying to get into the h Don't let me with about the snow don't pull out the snowflake jingle right now. No, listen, when I went to high school, there were very attractive women working in the lunch room. But he's talking about the stereotypical older, flabby armed, black hair and neck ladies are working and go Okay, now, if you're one of those people. I'm sorry, do we have having how many lunch ladies do we have listening? How many ninety year old lunch ladies are listening?
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. So anyway, yeah, that I'll just leave that.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'll be leaving the tank tops to kids and women and jacked men, but I'm out or.
Speaker 3: Anyone more comfortable with their body. Listen. If you don't look great in the tank top, you're comfortable. God bless you.
Speaker 2: Go enjoy yourself. It's not for me to judge. It's for scary to worry about his own arms. And I think you need to buy the long gloves. Perfect I'm in is that it would be good for today. I want you know what I want to talk about. I got one more thing.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: I mean, well, but then you know what speak now or forever hold your peach. But you do that, and it's the podcast over all.
Speaker 3: Right, I'm gonna give I'm gonna give one pick a bull story real quick. So I played pickle ball.
Speaker 2: Now now when there's two different groups to pick a ball, okay, on the weekends, because so many people sign up, there's an open play for lower tier people. A little bit lower and a group for a little bit higher, and I like to play with the higher group because I got better.
Speaker 3: In practice, I play a lot.
Speaker 2: I got better, but on the weeknights because it's less popular, the open play sort of mixes the little bit lower with a little bit higher. So sometimes you get a partner that isn't as good as you, and that's fine. You just got to play better and hope that you win, and you can play well enough to cover for their weaknesses. Okay, sometimes you play with someone who's little bit older, I gotta cover more of the court. I gotta run up for the ones they can't get to.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 2: I played with the woman i'd never played with before, and she'll be honest with you. She wasn't great, and she made a lot of mistakes.
Speaker 3: At one point scary.
Speaker 2: She she misserved eight balls in a row every time it was u served. She hit the net wide, left, wide, right, long, eight serves in a row. But I overcompensated. I jumped in front of a couple of shots that were coming her way. It's called poaching. I covered my head of the court and a little bit more. But we lost nine to seven. We made it competitive I did my best to overcompensate for the fact she wasn't great. Okay, Now, when I lose, a lot of my friends who know that I'm pretty good, will be like, you lost. Because usually on weeknights I go like eight and one, nine and zero, I do.
Speaker 3: I do fairly well. You know there are nights I lose, you know whatever.
Speaker 2: So one of my friends says to me and this woman as we walk off the court to the area where people are waiting.
Speaker 3: You lost.
Speaker 2: And she says, yeah, we made a couple of mistakes. We well, you are a team. That is the proper verbiage. No, no, yeah, you say, David did the best he could. I sucked, No, you said, She says, yeah, we made a couple of mistakes.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And I looked at her and I gave her a look like we And I absolutely we that you. Your people looked over at me.
Speaker 2: They knew, they freaking knew that that pickleball. David did not screw up. I did not lose that game. She lost the game. Be honest about it. Just say yeah, I messed up. If you guys are working together, you're a unit, you are as well. No, we were not working together. I was working my ass off for this woman to like coast through in life. She didn't score any points. I scored all seven points. I did the best I could to get us to the finish line. The team weren't a project hold on at work, and some people don't held up to their end of the bargain, slacking off. Other people work harder, and some people fuck up and make mistakes. But when you turn into project, it's we When six people go on an airplane and fix the light bulb and only one guy fixes it, the other five guys go back and they go, yeah, we fix the light bulb. Yes, yeah, F those guys, F those guys.
Speaker 3: She lost.
Speaker 2: She should have said, yeah, I didn't have my best game, even if that was her best game, Just take the bullet, just go yeah, I sucked.
Speaker 3: We made And she said it like seriously, Yeah we made some mistakes. Bullshit.
Speaker 2: Well she doesn't, because you deserve half the accountability. You should have poached her a little bit more. Maybe you could have over compensated a little more and maybe save her. Yeah, yeah, you know what, she could have said, David did the best he could. You know, we almost won the games, but I made a lot of mistakes. I missed eight serves in a row. You could have mentioned that, why, oh you lost, I missed eight serves in a row. There's a there's a little bit of information that would have been helpful. Uh yeah, because you know, when you scored a pickleball scary when you serve, and if you're not serving, you don't score points. And if it's your opportunity to serve, you miss eight serves in a row, you shouldn't be on the court.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, you're getting heated for no reason. Pickleball day. You getting heated. No, no, scary.
Speaker 2: I'm not getting heated. We're getting heated. We you and I are eating heated. We're both getting heated. We do a podcast together. Therefore, if I'm getting heated, we're both getting heated. We're going getting podcast stocks.
Speaker 3: Both sucks. Now we're gonna release this into the ethers so they them can listen to it. Enjoy, Enjoy, Boys, Boys,