Speaker 1: The volume. What's up, everybody, Welcome back to the Draymond Green Show with my brother v D. What's hiding in My Dog?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 1: Big Dog? Playoffs is crazy? Bro? I know you was at that game the other night, and obviously I was there. How you feeling after your knickstape fell off? Bro, oh Man defeated depleted? You know, just kind of like punched in it, Like you know, you get the wind knocked out of.
Speaker 3: You when he's standing in front of somebody when you was a kid and and you don't know if you're really about to fight that person, but they take off on you and give you one in the goodd and you're like, oh, damn, okay, this may be a fight, Like I hit this fool back.
Speaker 1: I gotta get my wind.
Speaker 2: But that's how I felt, Bro, That's that's how I felt.
Speaker 3: I think, you know, the Knicks played great for you know, forty five minutes of the basketball they wanted to play the last three minutes of those forty eight, you know, they kind of just start unraveling. And I don't think it was the pressure of oh, the Eastern Conference finals of this and that. I just think that they kind of like lost focus. You know, sometimes you get up and shit is going well, you're the aggressor, and then all of a sudden, a couple of things don't go your way, and then you get in panic mode.
Speaker 2: And that's when I think. I think the turnovers.
Speaker 3: I think that not the ability not to handle Indiana's pressure down the stretch. You know, we didn't show a lot of poise. That was That was my takeaway. It was a gut punch, right. It was like we got the win knocked out of us, digton Own City.
Speaker 1: It's tough, man, when you win the game in the playoff series, like you literally win the game and you look up and your record has one more loss. It's one thing to get out played and lose a game, you know what I'm saying. It's one thing for the ball not to go in. All of these things happen. But when you won the game and you lose in a playoff series like completely just give the game away, it's hard to come back from that because, hey, again, it's one thing if you're just the superior team and you lost focus and you're like, oh man, we'll get to the f and we bot these guys. But when you're remotely close teams. You're gonna have one bad game throughout the series where the ball just don't go in. And so you're fighting an uphill battle for the rest of the series to try to make this game. And when I look at this, at that the collapse the other day, you look at Cat, you know, I watch, you know, I watch interviews, Like interviews tell you a lot. You look at Cat in the post game. He could barely get to a sentence. Him and Jaaln Bruston sat up there together. Jalen did most of the talking. Like you could just tell they were crush and you got to come back from that, like yep, And I just don't know if they can recover from that gut punch. Like the end of the day. Series is one oh, but all wins aren't created equal. Yeah, the series is just one oh. But now they have to fight to win the game. They also have to fight this feeling that anytime they get a lead, and the rest of this series it's going to be like, oh my god, like don't don't do it, Like we can't do that again. We know what we happen, And so you're fighting that too now. And we were sitting up there by the Billy Joll High. We was up there with the guy to go to the dude that played the organ. We were sitting up there with him. Crazy. We were sitting up there with him. I had a bird's eye view. And one thing I noticed, and I was really shocked, because you like to think that Knicks family wanted to take all of it in, like went in they like they want to win in in the conference finals for the Knicks, like they want to fill every emotion they could feel throughout. And so I was shocked to see about four or five minutes ago, a few fans leaving. Were you one of those fans that was leaving?
Speaker 2: Man, that's checked up because.
Speaker 3: We are fourteen. We drove to the game, so we parked in the parking structure.
Speaker 1: Parking in New York City.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, it's a parking structure right across the street from the garden. So me and my homie we go to the parking structure. And if you've ever been in a parking lot in New York City and give me anxiety, man, they park on.
Speaker 2: The side up the ramp.
Speaker 3: I'm like, gotta hell, you get out of here. How do you get all these cars in here. First of all, how are you gonna get all these cars out of here? So I'm thinking, like, damn, bro, we're on the fourth floor, right, It's gonna take us about an hour and a half if we don't be the first people to walk out of here and be in our car and start moving down the ramp, you know what I mean, before everybody start coming out. About two minutes to go. We are fourteen, Me and Homy sitting there.
Speaker 1: I'm like, damn, bro.
Speaker 2: He like, man, he feeling good here.
Speaker 1: Makes Fanny like yeah, we got this. I'm like yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm like damn, I'm thinking about this parking in there, talking for like the next thirty seconds. I'm like, man, let's just shoot to the parking lot. You feel me, Let's shoot to the parking lot. So good thing. I don't know where I'm going. I was kind of just oriented, so so I walk. So, So I walk to leave. I run into JR. Swiss here on the other side. He's like, boom, come sit with me and mellow. I'm like, oh man, you know the game over Swiss. She was like, man, come sit with us. I go over there, sit on the floor. Save us up to l j all of nick along.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Next thing, you know, Indiana down eight, right, we're talking Indiana down pot.
Speaker 1: Now we over there, panicking.
Speaker 3: Now we over there, close out the gate, like come on, man, I mean, like you know, everybody said something, everybody like come on man, shit.
Speaker 2: You know all y'all do is protect the ball. Mexan free throws.
Speaker 3: And then when Hollaburton had shot the ball, I was like, man, there's no way this shit gonna go in right man. When the ball bounced, I started walking out the arena.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 3: I was like, damn, it's over. I thought he hit a three and somebody was like, oh, it was it two.
Speaker 2: I came back.
Speaker 1: I said, spree, is it it two? He was like, kids, it was it two? I was like, damn, she is.
Speaker 2: The hummy was already at the parking lot. He kept moving.
Speaker 1: He kept moving too. The barket lit. I call him.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yo, where are you at? He was like, man, we beat the traffic. I'm about to pick you up. I'm like, nah, dog, it's overtime.
Speaker 1: You may need to get back in. Hes like what.
Speaker 2: Damn?
Speaker 3: Like you shouldn't have left that game. And there was some big Knick fans that was leaving on my side too. I was like, whoo man, Like, I was like, how you feeling. He was like, man, it's going to depend on how the outcome of this game.
Speaker 1: And he like a minute.
Speaker 3: So I don't know if that did it even made at homes. He probably crashed something. He probably crashed something. Listen wrote the energy in this city it's crazy. I saw people last night. I know, guys who owned different restaurants and social clubs where they said the vibe was so crazy.
Speaker 1: In the place.
Speaker 2: Ooh my god, it was crazy.
Speaker 1: And then and then once the game ended, it was just like silence. Yeah, everybody, everybody started going home like the night was over. It's crazy because me and Chuck was standing up there five minutes before with the game. We're like, whoo man, New York City is about to be great tonight, and it just fell apart. I couldn't believe it, Like I couldn't believe my silent what I was watching. And now I'm so excited to go to the game tonight. Because as a player in these moments, one of the things that Steve talks about oftentimes in these pot pressure moments is yo let's make that crowd nervous. Let's go in here three three, game seven. And I've obviously been in this situation a bunch of times with Steve Kurr. Let's go in here, play our game. Let it fly. We letting it rip, you open, let it rip. We ain't got nothing to lose, Like, we're good. We hear, we already know how this is gonna go. And then he say, let's make that crowd nervous. Let's put some doubt in the crowd. We want to hear the anks that you want to hear that from the crowd. I'm looking forward to tonight and just seeing the angst of the crowd because if they missed them first few shots, it's gonna be like oh oh, oh oh, it's gonna be so much eggs. And that's what I'm here to see. Man, you gotta make the crowd nervous. And if I'm Indiana, I'm coming in here to make this crowd so nervous. If Indiana start the game how they started Game one, they hit like their first eight or nine shots. Yeah, they hit a bunch of stuff. You looked up, they were up four points. I was like, man, that's that's not good. But if they start off hitting shots like they did in Game one, I'm just telling you it's gonna be tough. BD.
Speaker 4: The NBA eighty two game grind is done. Now the real fun begins. The NBA Playoffs.
Speaker 1: Love them. They're here.
Speaker 4: Time for drama, clutch moments, Steph Curry, Lebron John dropping plays. I can't wait. If you're looking to make the playoffs even more, DraftKings sports Book ash you cover. They're the official sports betting partner of the NBA, playing games all the way to the finals. Now's the time to back your favorite players and teams as they chase glory. So all season long, DraftKings been the go to spot for NBA player props. That doesn't stop now. If you want to make your playoff experience even more intense, try placing a bet in your favorite player's performance. Will they drop thirty, forty, who knows?
Speaker 3: Or more?
Speaker 4: It's your call. If you're ready to place your first bet, download the Draft Kings sports Book app. Takes ninety seconds. Lock in your bets and let's make the playoffs unforgettable. Here's something special for first timers. DraftKings customers that are new bet five bucks. That's it five bucks and get two hundred bonus bets instantly. Just make it a playoff run to remember. With DraftKings, download their sports book app takes ninety seconds to Toad's colin coli n that is code colin. New customers get two hundred bucks in bonus bets betting just five only on DraftKings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 5: Gambling problem called one to tendred gambler in New York called eight seven to seven eight hope and wired text hop and why four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in Resorting, Kansas twenty one on over agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction VOYD and Ontario. New customers only. Bonus beets ekspire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. Four additional terms and responsible gaming resources see dkang dot co slash audio.
Speaker 1: If you're not watching Dark Side of the Ring on Vice TV, you're missing the most jaw dropped stories in wrestler history. It's the docuseries that pulls back the curtain on the wild heartbreaking a straight up unbelievable moments that shaped sport from backstage chaos to scandals that the industry tried to bury.
Speaker 3: And this week's season finale is one of the most explosive yet. Just three years after nine to eleven, WWE introduced a new villain, an a rab American named Mohammed Assan, but behind the character of Mark Cappani, a young Italian American actor thrown into the spotlight with a role designed to stir controversy.
Speaker 2: The reaction instant outrage.
Speaker 3: One infamous segment even aired the same day as a real world terror attack.
Speaker 1: The backlash was massive, and just like that, a sign disappeared from TV forever. The episode breaks it all down, the Rids, the fall and the Fallout, one of the most infamous gimmis in wrestling history. The season finale a Dark Side of the ring eras Tuesday, May twenty seventh, at ten pm only on Vice TV.
Speaker 3: Go to vicetv dot com to find your cable chat. You gotta play the game, right, and so it's a new game. So at some point you gotta play game one behind. You gotta come out and know that you played grave basketball. You had control, you know, for forty five minutes. That's all you gotta do is close. Then you gotta get to Indiana and you can steal one because the matchups is there that. I still think the Knicks have the superior match I still think that they will beat Indiana and will beat Indiana in Indiana.
Speaker 1: And you know the.
Speaker 3: Playoffs, you know, the Eastern Conference Finals starts, well, somebody wins on the ruck.
Speaker 2: Yeah did? It's only cracking, Yeah, it's only cracking.
Speaker 3: I mean you talk about stealing one, right, that was That was That was thievery at his finest. Man. What do you think about Tyrese Halliburton. He hit the Reggie Miller choke celebration. Now that was called blooded man.
Speaker 1: Hey, as much as I love the choke celebration, and I pray to God the NBA don't find him. We take so many things so literal and like in today's damn age, you can't act like you're choking someone like that face.
Speaker 2: Come on, the guy.
Speaker 1: Is not really part of choke some more. And so I hope the NBA don't find him, because that's what we're paying to see. Like you talk about entertaining, just being entertainer to talk about stars being stars on the big stage at the Mecca, like the stars showing up. I pray the NBA don't find him, but I will tell you this about the choken. My favorite thing about the troupe was Tyres after the game saying, I don't know if I should have used it in game one.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. That can make cup and they come back to haunt you killing.
Speaker 1: I tell you that was my favorite party and show. He's I don't know if I should have used it in game one, but I'm here to say I think he should use it. If they went in game two, I think he should use it if they win in game three, game four, if I just be the villain, like just just lean into it at this point now, because it back down the court with Reggie Miller himself in the building, Spike Lee in the building. Spike wasn't there.
Speaker 3: Spike wasn't in the building. No, Spike wasn't Spike was in the building. Okay, Sean was in the building.
Speaker 1: Spike.
Speaker 3: I told you listen from from where we were sitting, and you cauldn see. You can see they look like magnets. You could I do spike, but the rundown the court like this man, that's still that's crazy. I can't believe you did that. That's ill. Tyrese Halliburn made or game time or go ahead? Phild goes in the final five seconds on the fourth quarter. That's third behind Reggie Miller with five and Lebron James with eight. Since nineteen ninety seven, the year I graduated from high school, you weren't even born yet.
Speaker 1: Bro, that's crazy. You don't do me like that. I was saying. He was a young junior. Dickens. Yeah, absolutely, I was seven, still in Sunday school every Sunday. Didn't go to church. You know what I'm saying. For sure. I was still in the church choir at that age. You better believe it too. I got the church choir b D. We were singing, uh, you know, Kurt Franklin, there here as a man. My first I had the first part, There's a man, and I was almost talking it and my my family talked about me, so they said I said, there's a man. Oh yeah, And that was the end of my That was the end of my choir days when they talked about how I let out with the song. But yeah, at that time, that's crazy thought, I put you at the alto.
Speaker 2: We gotta put you in the back the alto.
Speaker 1: They had me to lead off lead off batter. I said it wasn't a good toe.
Speaker 2: He was done.
Speaker 1: I remember my outfit though it's the Easter Sunday. I had some new black jeans my mom had bought me and in a red number one Mariyland Terrapince Jersey. I don't know why. It was a football church. Yeah, Bro, I ain't had no money like that, ain't had no extra out I had to wear that outfit the school on Monday. I had to wear school. Yeah, that was my That was my Eastern Sunday outfit. And the last name on the back of the number one Maryland Tarriff and Jersey it just said Terrafits. So that was my quiry days ninety seven. That's what I had going on. A baby man. Bro Brunson obviously cush Player of the Year when I'm looking at this pacer team though teams all year has watched Jalen Bruston dominate the fourth quarter, and I thought Rick Carlo did one good thing, and it was alarming to me. Rick Carlin on the fourth late in the fourth quarter and overtime start trapping Jalen brust and I don't he traps all year. And one of the alarming things to me about that bad was you're always in game one looking for the adjustment for game two, and unfortunately for the Knicks, the the Pacers get to make all the adjustments that they know lost in the game, but they won the game. And so I think Rick Carlile was like, yeah, we're gonna start blitzing the next game. And then, like you said, fourteen turning eleven, eleven turn in the eight, A turn, the five, five turn to two, and all of a sudden, Ricarlo, maybe we got a chance to win this game. We're gonna start blitzing now. And they started blitzing. And one of the alarming things to me was Jalen Brunton and the blitz. As soon as the traps start to converge on he never looked up. He every time the blitz.
Speaker 3: Came to guys, he tried to yeah, and then he threw some of the passes.
Speaker 1: He jumped out about even if you don't blitz them the whole game. If Indiana like they don't with some whole game, I think you have to give Jalen Brusset a different coverage in the fourth quarter, then you do the rest of the game. And if I'm them every fourth quarter, I'm dropping the hell out of him because Ogn Andobi, none of those guys have been in these positions much to take over the game down the stretch. Og had a couple of game winners, that's fine, but they haven't consistently had to make the plays down the stretch because Jalen makes them and he's made them all year. Yeah, and I want to put them guys in that position so in the fourth quarter, Yeah, I need to see a totally different game.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think the Knicks will need to work on a price break.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: If Jalen Bruston is your primary ball, handle it your primary score and Carline starts to trap him, you got to figure out who else can bring the ball up and settle us down. And I think putting that pressure on Jalen Brunston to try and beat two people every time, and that and him putting that pressure on himself, right is really you ain't worked on a press break, you gotta work on some pre pressure releases, get michel bridges in the middle of the floor or og.
Speaker 1: You gotta put pressure.
Speaker 3: You gotta put pressure on pressure, and I think the Knicks what they did was they kind of like allowed the pressure to happen and then try to force.
Speaker 2: That's what pressure does.
Speaker 3: It creates force and it forces you to do things instead of creating more pressure on their defense.
Speaker 2: If it's a two.
Speaker 3: Man trap, then it should be in three on three on two on the back end. And the Knicks never like they never got a wide open shot, a layup, a foul, or even let the shot clock expire.
Speaker 1: Right. That was my issue.
Speaker 3: We need a press break, and we need to figure out a way if Jaylen Bruston are gonna start getting double team and trapped at the end of the game, he gotta get off the rock and then you gotta get the rock back with eight seven seconds on the shot clock. So if they double again, at least we go get a wide open shot, get him out the front of the defense.
Speaker 2: Who you got winning this series?
Speaker 1: Man? I want to believe the Knick's gonna win this series, but I just don't. Oh my gosh, I want to believe they're gonna win it, PASCALSI I can play not that good and they won this game, and that's trouble. My ouse turner effectively got pitched and they won game one. B D. That's trouble, man. I know trouble when I see it. I grew up in Sagon all like you grew up in South Central. You know trouble when you see it coming from them all the way. That's trouble. All right. Dave May said, what up?
Speaker 3: We gotta start this segment by congratulating you name first team All Defensive for the fifth time in your career, nine All Defensive teams in the thirteen year career. Bro, Congratulations, well deserved. I also want to add in which I had been saying all year on the podcast, Steve Kurz said at the end of the season, he mentioned that starting you as center, I think is doable for the last thirty games like we did this year, but as you see, it takes a toll on him one.
Speaker 2: Congratulations.
Speaker 3: What do you think about you know those comments, because I agree I've been saying that all year. When Draymond Green does not have to assume all of the defensive responsibilities. Then it makes it makes the engine turn right.
Speaker 1: First off, thank you for me to be on All defense first team. And look at the guys next to him, twenty six years old, twenty three years old, twenty two years old, twenty two years old. I'm sitting there looking at that like wow, man, Like I remember being young guy in the league, and like still seeing Tim duncan make all defensive teams, you know what I'm saying, Like that, you know he's still doing it, and to be just finished complete a year thirteen and still up there with those young guys, and like, it's such an honor to be up there with those guys because I remember being that young guy, and I know that grind of like, yo, what you're striving for, And so to understand their mindset of where they are in their careers and how every day looks for them, and knowing how every day looked for me in and where I am in my career, and to still be up there brough as such an honor and I'm excited. To have five first teams is a big deal to me. And I tell you why, because it's one thing to be on all defensive team. I love it. But I had the pleasure and honor of having Chris Paul as a teammate last year, and Bro, I think CP got like seven first teams, so it actually inspired me. I said it to CP last year, like, see, you got seven first teams and so I want that, you know, and man to be on their list is incredible. And as far as Steve, what Steve said, God bless his heart. Yeah, it was real is because playing the five it's hard. Like it's hard, and I'm always down to do it, as you know, Bro, like any challenge you told my way, I'll take on the challenge. But it's hard battling every night guys who outweighed me by sixty to eighty pounds and they four inches four inches seven inches taller than me. It does take a toll. And in most situations for me, where I notice is taken the toe, Like I come out in the first half because I still got my legs and like the japeall is fire, you know what I'm saying. Then I come out in the second half, or you've been battling and even feel it you're anchoring the defense, you know what I'm saying. I don't think people understand the toe of and what anchoring the defense requires. Like that means every possession I have to put myself in a position to stop a fire. You know what I'm saying to like help stop something. It takes a lot, you know what I'm saying. But like I always say, I'm cut out for whenever our organization need to go to it, I'm right here, let's do it. I ain't gonna never complain about it. But I agree with with Steve if we can have a different starting center and at some point if we need to go to that coup. But it's a lot. And as I get older and older in this league, it becomes tougher and tougher. These guys get younger, more athletic, and like I said, I think I'm more than capable of hanging with the young guys and athleticism, but it does take its toll.
Speaker 3: So I agree, Yeah, you need a match up. You can't be matched up with everybody. And you know, looking at you know the time now is you switching out to a one? You're switching out to Anthony Edwards, You switching out to Julius Randall, You switching out to Niles Reed.
Speaker 2: You got Rudy Gobert. You gotta stand him up. You got to go.
Speaker 3: You got Adams, You're trying to stand them up. You're trying to switch off to Jalen Green. You know, it becomes the toll, right because all now all you're thinking about is defense, defense, defense, defense, defense, because that's the only real energy that you have to get that rebound or to stop that pick and roll. So on the offensive end, I always say this is it takes away from you, know, from you because you are.
Speaker 2: More of your offensive playmaker for the team.
Speaker 3: So if you don't feel like you can make a play, you can finish the play, you can shoot the ball to keep the defense honest, then it kind of disrupts the offensive flow. But if you can come in and say, hey, I'm going to guarding a power forward all game and then I'm gonna wind up on to going at the end of the game, and it makes your job easier, right, and it makes anchoring easy.
Speaker 2: But it also save a lot of legs your intellect.
Speaker 3: You know, and you can get more out of Jmond Grave on the offensive end. And you know, that's what I've been saying all year, But I've been saying it taking a tote. That's what how It's how you feel, man, because I can see like you wearing down, right, you wearing down because at every game you you gotta push, You gotta push some big duals around.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? One thousand Now I can feel that. So I agree. When I look back at twenty twenty two when we won that championship, Bro, and specifically I go back to that Denver series. Just about every game we will start looning from Joker, and then I switched the Joker. And even if even if it's for the first six minutes, Bro, again, it takes. It makes such a big difference. Even it's for six minutes, Loan battle with him and then I go battle with him. You know what I'm saying, Like it may it makes all the difference in the world. So I'm definitely unrolling. I think I can use that. So I love it. That's my bro. Congrats appreciating my dog. All right, fight fans, mark your calendars because this is not your average night of box. BKB Bird knuckle Boxing's back with Brawl in Duval two live on Vice TV Friday May thirty first, at apm Eastern. No gloves no gimmicks, just two fists, one ring. Absolutely zero room too.
Speaker 3: If you never watch Bare Knuckle before, this is your shot. It's raw, it's brutal, it's real combat at his most primal. Every punch counts, every second matters, and the knockouts, who they're nasty, you.
Speaker 2: Can fill them in your chest.
Speaker 1: We're talking fighters who leave it all in the pit, real warriors going toe to toe for pride, for respect. For that. W Brawl in Duval two is the rematched card fans we've been waiting for, and it's only on Vice TV.
Speaker 3: So if you like your fights fast, savage, and unpredictable, don't miss this BKB Brawl in Duvolve two live Friday, May thirty first, at a pm Eastern only on Vice TV.
Speaker 2: Go to Vice TV to find your cable channel.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I'm definitely rocking with Steve on that. I agree one hundred percent. And also speaking of Steve comments, I know there's a big fuss about his statement or Jonathan cominga yesterday, and for our fans out there that haven't seen the statement, I'll give you some context. I think he was on with Tim Kala Comedy and they were talking about JK and Steve's answer was it's a tricky one because trying to obviously is gifted and wants to play a bigger role and wants to play more. And for me, I've been asked to win, and right now, he's not a guy who I can say I'm going to play thirty eight minutes with the roster that we have Steph, Jimmy and Draymond and put the puzzle together that way and expect to win. And so I think, you know, when I look at that statement, I think I take a couple of things away from that statement, one being he said, with this roster that we have, I'm not sure he didn't say that Johnathan Comingia can't play thirty eight minutes anywhere and be a successful player and be an impactful player and possibly reach his promise. That's not what he said. He said, with this roster, I don't see how that piece fits. Now do I agree with that? I don't know that I necessarily agree, because you just haven't seen it, and so I'm not of the mindset that something just doesn't work that you haven't had a chance to see much of. But also in saying that, I think when you look at Steve. One thing that he's shown as a coach is he going to make the decision that he thinks best, regardless of what it comes with. We're talking about the same man, the same legend that didn't play Jason Tatum in the Olympics and dealt with all flat that came with that. But at the end, to his point, his ultimate goal is to win, and they want to go metal and that's what he set out to do. So here I understand what he's saying. I'm not I don't necessarily agree because we just haven't seen it and seen much of it so to actually know if it does work. But if you JK, you got to make the best decision for you. You got to try to put yourself in the best position that you can possibly put yourself in. And so I wouldn't get caught up into Steve said this with Steve said that, I think if you're Jonathan Caminga in this moment, Steve Kurr or Steve Kerr, he's a legend. He will be a Hall of Famer. These are just the facts, and so in saying that, I'm not sure it's worth getting caught up into the man. He said this my next interview, whenever that may be. I need to respond. Quite frankly, I don't think JK should have a next interview until after free agency because for what and I think in this position where JK has to be careful is Steve curR is the legend. Steve Kerr is one of the greatest coaches we've seen. JK can only lose here, like he can say something back, he could be the wrong thing, but he can only lose here. He has nothing to gain from trying to say something back, trying to respond to that, and he can only lose and hurt himself. So don't say nothing like free agency is happening. You gotta go into free agency, whether that's you know, he's a restricted free agent. You gotta figure out what's gonna work for you, and that's gonna happen anyway. So I would just say, man, Steve, Steve, Steve don't believe what he believed, and his beliefs has worked. He won four championships. So not gonna sit here and argue or go back and forth about his beliefs. And I don't think JK should either. But at the same time, if I'm JK and I'm in them shoes. I heard it. I need to move accordingly, figure out what's for me. But Steve, sit here and question him why he got four championships and when? And I'll remind you last time I said that to him, I said, wow, coach, we got four of them things. He said, I ain't got four. I got none. You got four. So that man know how to win. And there's no point of sitting here trying to question what he knows. It's been proven that he knows how to win, he knows what it takes to win. I think JK is going to be a great player, whether he showed out with the Warriors or show that somewhere else. That's on him to figure that out and his team to figure that out. But what's been proven is Steve Kurrin know how to win and JK is incredible talent. Those things are mutually exclusive. Both things can be true and they cannot work together. And that happens in this league all the time. It is what it is. I wouldn't make too much of it. I don't think he should make too much of it. I know Steve won't make too much of it. I think JK. You heard it. It is what it is. I'm not sure that him saying that in words is any different than any conversation he's had with JK or B what you kind of thought anyway. So it's been said in words, it's been put in front of you, But I don't think it's really much different than what you already thought, just put it in words. So moving on, I don't think it's that big of a deal. Free agency is happening. You gotta figure that out. You gotta navigate in passing before we get out of here. I know we haven't talked about the OKAC Minnesota serious much as obviously Minnesota's done two. So to your point of a role team not winning, it just don't feel like the series is even going on. Who you got winning that series? Like, can't Kim Minnesota put it together? Do you think they can come back? And if not, how long it's taken? Okay, see the end that series? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just go to a quote by a legend, a young legend, Dremond Green, and he says, role.
Speaker 1: Players do what they play better better.
Speaker 3: So we'll we'll see what happens when Oka see still run in Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Then that's when the series happened.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: Part until then we got a way to game three to see what Minnesota is really gonna bring to the table.
Speaker 2: But you know, you look at that thirteen you.
Speaker 3: Know, the big blowout, and they lost last night by like thirteen fourteen or whatnot. Can the role players be thirteen fifteen sixteen points better? Can Anthony Edwards be ten points better? Julius randall, right, so they have room for improvement. But you gotta you gotta go serve home on your home court.
Speaker 1: You definitely gotta go home. They gotta get some home cooking. You need Dante to play better, gonna need nas Read to be better. Right like to the point of the role players. And I think Minnesota is getting a little caught up in the whole Shade file bait conversation because I can see some of their reactions to Shade when he gets out right like and man throwing the ball at him in game one, Jada McDaniel's just pushing you down. In Game two, I love Jady McDaniel's answer. He stood on He said, I just I just wanted to follow and end up getting a flag on one for it. But to me, that looked like frustration and okay, see can possibly be feeding on that. So you know, I think, you know, we need to see them guys regathered, you know, recalibrate, get home, gather themselves, you know, make a couple of adjustments. But the number one adjustment going to be like the stars got to play better. Like Julius had a really good game one and I think starting they had twenty a half to and then he didn't touch the ball the first nine minutes out of the second half and they changed everything. So you're gonna need those guys to be great. But they're saying that and okay, see, look like they're gonna be too much for these boys. They rolling. We'll see, man, but we're gonna get out of here. We'll be back. We'll talk more about these conference finals as they go. We'll see if Minnesota able to make it a series and if your knixtape, if they can bounce back till next time. That's a rock from the Draymond Green Show with my brother Baron Davis Pece.
Speaker 2: The volume