Speaker 1: First day to follow up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: Bryce is on the phone today for a first date follow up, and he's getting ghosted by a woman named Tessa. So in a few minutes we'll call her and see if chattels why she's ghosting him and maybe get him another date. But first, Bryce, how long has this been since you heard from Tessa?
Speaker 3: Hey? Uh, yeah, it's been about nine days, I guess.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, it's definite ghosting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not that I'm counting or anything.
Speaker 1: But I don't sound callous about that. But even if you are counting, I get it, I would feel the same way. Did you try to reach out to her?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've tried a couple of times. I called her, like, you know, a couple of days after our date and getting her back, and like I texted her a couple of times since then, just casual kind of stuff, trying to you know, reach out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell us about the date.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So, I mean we went to this really quirky little diner pop up that only serves pickle themed dishes. Yeah, everything had pickles in it, and like it had all different kinds of things, like they pickled lots of different stuff too. It was really even dirt, Yeah, it was. It was super fun. Like even the dessert had like elements of pickle in it. And I thought, she, you know, I thought, I figured it's youruld be into because in her profile it said, you know, adventurous with food, and I thought, like, let's just you know, I want to go full send on this one. So yeah, yeah, it went really well. I think, you know, we had a lot of fun too. I mean, like we spent just hours laughing. She's hilarious. She's like one of these girls who's sarcastic, but in that way if you're not sure she's roasting you or flirting or a little bit of both maybe and it just works.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: She's yeah, bought me, not quite you know what I mean, but like you had a little bit of a fun edge to her, and uh and I like that.
Speaker 4: I need that, you know, it's good for me. And she's just she's gorgeous.
Speaker 3: I mean, like she made eating a deep fried pickle looked like a runway moment, if you know what I mean. Like, yeah, Paris and Milan with pickles. It was amazing, you know, like we did like the we did the whole milkshake to Straws, you know, like the old school rom combat. It was it was adorable until it wasn't. So yeah, So what happened? Uh?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 3: Firstly, we had like this super intense debate about whether pickles should be considered a personality trait, and somehow it got like really deep.
Speaker 4: And like, I you know, I I think I felt like she was.
Speaker 3: Just somebody who got my weirdness, which she called me literally called me refreshingly weird, and that to me is like the best compliment and it's ever given me. Yeah, which, yeah, But there was one moment and I might have been trying to impress her a little too much. I did, you know, like the pickle tossed trick where you flick a pickle slice into your mouth, okay, like you kind of flick it like your coin like and it flips into your mouth.
Speaker 4: It's I don't know. Yeah, I think she would have been two if it worked. And that did not go Yeah, that did not go great, did not.
Speaker 3: Like I tried the thing and the pickle hit this like went behind me over my shoulder, hit this older lady right in the eye, and yeah, it was not great. I apologize like a million times. Doesna laughed really hard, like she she thought it was hysterical. She was laughing, But I'm worried, like maybe she thought I was a little immature or reckless or I don't know. It's definitely an embarrassing moment yet if she laughs, so that's kind of a good sign, right it was again, though I don't know if she's laughing at me or with me. Walks the line.
Speaker 1: How did everything end with her?
Speaker 4: I mean, I.
Speaker 3: Thought it went ended well. I thought we were gonna hang out after her. She seemed like it was good, and then just kind of haven't heard from ourself.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Well we'll see if we can figure it out for you.
Speaker 2: We'll play a song, come back and call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting you and maybe get you another date.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, sound good?
Speaker 2: All right, we'll get your first day follow up next. If we're just joining us for today's first date follow up. Bryce is on the phone, and Bryce is a pickle flipper, but he's getting ghosted by a girl named Tessa, and we're about to call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him a second date. But first, Bryce, why don't you recap your date real quick for us?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So we went to a pickle themed hop up for dinner, and I thought it was really great. We seemed to be having a good time until I try to pickle flip, try to.
Speaker 4: Flip a pickle into my mouth, and I missed and I hit an old lady in the space.
Speaker 1: That's rough.
Speaker 4: I don't think that was good. So, yes, that might be why.
Speaker 2: All right, well'll see if hitting an old lady in the face with your pickle is the reason they were getting ghosted. I couldn't help it, but we'll see if that is the reason. Are you ready for us to call her?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, here we go.
Speaker 4: Huh, Hi, I.
Speaker 1: Speak to Tessa.
Speaker 4: Please? Is this see?
Speaker 1: Hey Tessa? How are you? This is a radio show. It's called the Jewbel Show. Hi Tessa. I'm Nina. Hi, I'm ventoriah and my name is Jewbel. And how you doing today?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Uh, I'm okay. How are you good?
Speaker 1: Thank you for asking? You ever listen to the show.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure? Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well we do a segment on the show. It's called the first Date follow Up. What that is is if you go on a date and you get ghosted, you can email us and we'll call the person that's ghosting you to ask why they're ghosting.
Speaker 1: So you ghosting somebody?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, this is so did Brice.
Speaker 3: Yah.
Speaker 1: We talked to him.
Speaker 2: He told us a little bit about your date, and he said he really liked you, you thought you were awesome. But he's wondering why you're ghosting and would you have a minute.
Speaker 1: To tell us that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, sure, it's because it's a toe shoe guy too.
Speaker 4: You know those shoes. The shoes were the individual toe pocket.
Speaker 1: One. Yeah, wear how shoe guy he wears.
Speaker 4: On a date, on a date? Not ironically, It wasn't ironic. He called them a stickle hunting shoes. I can't, I just can't. I can't.
Speaker 3: You guys on a minute now, wait a minute, listen. Those are high performance minimalist shoes. Okay, Like they promote natural foot posture.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ta, that's Bryce. He's on the phone listening.
Speaker 4: H I don't they good shoes? They promote you said it again, they promote natural football Okay, yeah. Yeah, yeah, they promote looking like a swamp goblin, I mean kind of ugly. You said you like unique guys. I don't. Yeah, yeah, he said I like unique guys.
Speaker 5: That didn't say I like guys who like live in a forest barefoot.
Speaker 4: I thought you laughed about the pickle tossed. I thought I didn't. What is my footwear? I laughed at it before I saw your shoes, and that your toes were like waving at me.
Speaker 3: And did you use your toes to flick the pickles?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 3: So this isn't about the pickle incident at all, right, you you go to me over, yes.
Speaker 4: Yes, exactly, huh, yes, nice. It was a lot of toe. It was an aggressive amount of toe all the time, Like it wasn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't even think you were looking at my feet. Honestly, I'm surprised I wasn't.
Speaker 4: I told you at the end, they just like they reared their five ugly heads, just staring. Just for the record, my feet are not ugly. I didn't see I mean, I didn't see your feet. It was what the feet were in.
Speaker 5: But you, I mean, I was going to say, obviously you get it, but I'm sure that you.
Speaker 1: Do wait, but do people wear these out in public? I thought people just like wear them in the water. And I've seen people.
Speaker 2: Every once in a while, I've seen, I've seen, but most of the time I thought it was just you know, for running.
Speaker 3: Or Yeah, of course people wear them in public. They're actually better for you than regular shoes, like your foot, your footthealth is actually is like a huge part of your overall health, and these shoes are super beneficial, Like they're really good for you.
Speaker 4: You know. They say the.
Speaker 3: Stomach is the second brain, Well, but I believe your feet are like your third brain brain take care.
Speaker 4: Of Yeah, your theaters should not be making.
Speaker 5: Your dating decisions, then, how is it working for you?
Speaker 3: Let me ask you something, Tesla. You've dated other guys before, right, mm hmmm, how nice were they?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I try not to see them on's feet on the first date as a rule.
Speaker 3: Okay, not on a first date. But answer the question. I know that most guys don't take care of their feet properly.
Speaker 1: It's true. It's a good question.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, look, I might ask for some statistics and fast and figures.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna You're not wrong, You're not you got me.
Speaker 3: Well, think about this, all right. You liked me, you thought I was a nice guy. And I also take really good care of my feet. They're manicured, they're in good health. You never have to worry about getting athletes from you. I feel like, you know my third and fourth print. I feel like I have a step up on the competition.
Speaker 2: I feel like selling it. I mean, clean feet are thing, Tessa. Would you like to go on another day with Bryce?
Speaker 4: I would be open if he doesn't tell me anymore of his toes. Maybe maybe no athletes.
Speaker 1: It's really getting you, huh.
Speaker 5: It is a you know, most guys see aren't the best. So I now that I'm thinking about it as kind of a plus.
Speaker 4: Do you have any other jew where I don't want to see your toes?
Speaker 5: Like anything vans converts, I'm going I'll take literally anything anything else.
Speaker 3: Yes, I have other footwear, and I promise I won't wear the toe shoes on a date with you again.
Speaker 1: So is that a yes, Tessa?
Speaker 4: I you know what? Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 5: So I'll give it another shot, But.
Speaker 4: One toe out of line and I'm out of there. All right, great, thank you.
Speaker 3: I promise you will not regret it I will not.
Speaker 4: Show you my toes until the proper time. You will first date, follow up