Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast.
Speaker 2: Center, jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty Armstrong and Jackie and he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: The Ladies Only Blue Origin rocket launch, Katy Perry, Gail King, and Jeff Bezos's fiance Lawrence Sanchez became the first group of women ever to visit outer space. So then they came out of the capsule and Katy Perry, this must have been some ten minutes.
Speaker 2: You never know how much love is inside of you until the day you launched.
Speaker 3: Is it possible that Katie popped the mushroom ushers up there?
Speaker 2: That is just so stupid. I was just thinking.
Speaker 1: So this ended space explari exploration in the United States. We were the leaders in space exploration, were the only country they ever got to the Moon. And it ended because of these stupid stunts, because NASA got so caught up in the first woman, the first black person, the first transperson of whatever.
Speaker 2: And nobody cares about that crap.
Speaker 1: They think people care about that crap, But nobody cares about that crap. That doesn't inspire people. The actual, you know, accomplishing something is what inspired. So that killed the space program. Elon comes along and is all about actually doing things, and people get jazzed up again.
Speaker 2: You got Bezos, the other guy he's following in NASA's footsteps. Has Elon ever done a stunt launch of any kind?
Speaker 1: I don't think he has. I don't remember he gives his rocket it's funny names. But other than that, no, Yeah, but I don't remember any of his launches being it looks like there's no purpose for this other than the first celebrity all female podcast or whatever thing.
Speaker 2: Get off.
Speaker 1: A lot of people are taking this seriously. Give us clip number twenty, Michael, Come on, This is David Muir on ABC News. Many people watch this show.
Speaker 4: Jack the star studded all female Blue Origin flight grew, including Katie Perry and Gail King, lasting off headed to the edge of space.
Speaker 2: Oh for crying it, lift off. It's amazing to me. Ohprah cried it, Lift off, you bully.
Speaker 1: It's amazing to me that mainstream media all these years has acted like these stunt space things matter to people. People don't care. They yawn at them. Big deal that nobody's interested in. That drives me nuts. That clip that Jimmy Kimmel had there. From Katie Perry.
Speaker 2: You never know how much love there is on earth until you lift off. What the hell are you talking about?
Speaker 1: You gotta play this clip twenty two Michael, listen to this hogwash? Would you you are officially an astronaut?
Speaker 2: How do you feel? I still can't accept that word. I just feel a renewed connection to everything in life and where we are, and I can't wait to go back out there.
Speaker 3: It is the highest high, and it is surrender to the unknown.
Speaker 2: Trust.
Speaker 1: Yes, I want somebody to come back and speak the truth. Sometime we went pretty high. We actually weren't in space. It was a lot like an amusement park ride.
Speaker 2: It was pretty cool.
Speaker 1: But no, I feel exactly the same as when I took off. I have no epiphanies or new view of humanity or anything like that, because that view is astounding. I mean, it's crazy. I knew the Earth was round, but you can see it from up there. The views are just gorgeous. No, you have to surrender to the unknown. It's the highest high. It's trust. Okay. I love this from Curtis Rotis and email. Uh, look, Kitty Perry is no more astronaut than Ham the chimp we launched and brought back live in nineteen sixty one. Just like riding in seat thirteen A on a Southwest flight to Albuquerque doesn't make an airline pilot.
Speaker 2: She was just a passenger. That's good. Yeah, when I'm on a Southwest flight, I am not a pilot now.
Speaker 1: And then, as you heard yesterday, it only seems right that as they reached the peak of their space journey and Earth was a beautiful marble in the distance, she sang Katy Perry saying, what a wonderful world. Just like ms King that brought me to tears. I guess I kissed a girl and I liked it didn't quite fit the moment. What a freaking clown show, writes Michael.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm Katy Perry. Let's go to space.
Speaker 1: When Elon had that rocket come back down and he caught it with the big giant hands, you know, I mean, that's freaking amazing and inspiring and wow. Sending Katy Perry and Gail King up isn't a nothing. And why does the media go along with it and act like it's a big deal.
Speaker 2: Embarrassing culture.
Speaker 1: Michael writes, I'm no longer pushing my two daughters to worry about the hard sciences. I told them just to have a best friend who's the queen of media. Write horrible pop songs are steal a millionaire from his wife, and they too can get to the edge of space. That's beautifully said. That's pretty snarky, beautifully said. Go ahead play twenty three Michael.
Speaker 2: Complete and utter joy and gratefulness. You can hear no dream is too wild.
Speaker 4: The moon was so beautiful, and that was like, I felt like that was a special gift just for me.
Speaker 1: You can't go through what we went through to look out for each other, to help each other and.
Speaker 2: Not be changed by that. Oh, I will never be the same. This experience is right, is second to being a.
Speaker 1: Mom, other than the reference to being a mom. They sound like high school girls. You can't go what we went through together, helping each other, being there for each other and not be changed by that.
Speaker 2: You two were.
Speaker 1: Strapped into a seat, then you floated around for like a minute, then you're get back in your seat. You're too old to say that sort of stupid crap. If you're a you know, a pop singer who's young. Okay, Hen stoned. Oh geez, I'm embarrassed for y'all. Yeah, I'm embarrassed for my kun.
Speaker 2: You can't all the love in the world you can feel at once when you play Oh.
Speaker 1: Shut up, it's the highest high. It's surrendered to the unknown. Okay, all right?
Speaker 2: Can I get back to work now? Speaking of which, Trump v.
Speaker 1: Harvard the latest battle the US is freezed, billions of dollars frozen, freezed, frozen.
Speaker 2: Why isn't it freezed? What a crazy language English is?
Speaker 1: Anyway, We the United States, froze billions of dollars in funding after Harvard says no, we are going to fight Trump's demands, and it's being portrayed on the left as a battle in favor of academic freedom, even though in our universities there is no academic freedom unless you're progressive. We will outline the battle as it stands right now for you in the next second. I think there were five news articles or opinion pieces in the New York Times today about what a horror this is that the Trump administration is out too to kill higher education. Stop research, is anti science's anti the free exchange of ideas. How dare they I uphold our faculty, and ninety eight percent of them, who're all progressives, agreed. We have the free exchange of ideas. I've got a great example to fit in with that that it just occurred to me yesterday too.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned.
Speaker 1: What do you get for a forty thousand dollars a year gym membership? Not new thing is these very expensive gym memberships that you get a lot for Now, none of us are going to do a forty thousand dollars gym membership, but there are other more affordable examples and everything that comes with it.
Speaker 2: It might be the new thing. So stay tuned for.
Speaker 1: That interesting plus our favorite tax expert next segment to talk to us about what's new, what common mistakes happen.
Speaker 2: That sort of thing gets you learned up on your taxes.
Speaker 1: So Abraham Lincoln warn us that the United States will never be destroyed by an outside force, or at least not in the foreseeable future. And I agree with them there if we crumble, it will be of our own doing. And around here we believe quite sincerely that while various wars and negotiations are incredibly important, people are dying, it's not going to end the United States the trade war thing, the tariff thing.
Speaker 2: It might screw up the economy, It might.
Speaker 1: Be brilliant, might be a disaster, But either way, we will muddle on, straighten things out, and go forward in the future. I believe the rot in our institutions of learning K through PhD, where it's become a progressive factory to indoctrinate young people into hating their country and Western civilization.
Speaker 2: I think that could undo us.
Speaker 1: If we have generation after a generation of Americans who do not buy into the principles of this country and do not love it, we will fall apart as a country. Anyway, It's just a setting the scene headline. US phreezes billions in funding after Harvard says it will fight Trump's demands. You remember how Trump threatened Columbia and pen and a couple of other places and said, look, you got to follow federal law on hiring. You can't have these loyalty oaths, these dei statements, et cetera, or we're not going to fund your research anymore. And a lot of them came around and said, yeah, yeah, we see your point. Okay, we'll switch this around. We won't do this anymore, and we won't admit people based on race, because that's the law. Harvard has said, yeah, look at my well funded middle finger and said absolutely no to the Trump Administration's interesting that Columbia caved so quickly and Harvard is gonna fight it.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: Part of what happened was, and I should have included this, is that the Trump administration was horrified by the overt anti semitism of the Up with Hamas crowd and how they have been violating federal law over and over again with impunity at these universities because Up with the Palestinians, Up with Hamas is seen as a progressive cause and so actually I think as a door to get into the universities to force them to do what they ought to be doing.
Speaker 4: It.
Speaker 1: It's kind of handy, but so Harvard said money it would resist the Trump's administrations demands to change its governance structure over campus anti semitism concerns. Seeing the governments it's overstepping its authority. Hours later, the government announced a two point twenty six billion dollar freeze of Harvard's multi year grants and contracts, said Harvard President Alan Garber, one of two out of ten ivy leaved schools, that's led by a dude, because it's much more progressive to be led by a woman, a gay woman, if you can a gay black woman, if you can a black woman named gay.
Speaker 2: In the case of Harvard until.
Speaker 1: Fairly recently, back to the text anyway, Harvard President Alan Garber said, quote, the university will not surrender its independence or relinquish its constitutione utional rights.
Speaker 2: Trump administration said the school's response.
Speaker 1: Quote reinforces the troubling entitlement mindset that is endemic in our nation's most prestigious universities and colleges. That federal investment does not come with the responsibility to uphold civil rights laws. It's so interesting, isn't it that? And that is absolutely undeniably true. We're talking about civil rights laws. You cannot beat a black man to prevent him from attending class. You cannot threaten a Jewish girl to terrify her out of the library. That is a civil rights enforcement issue, and Progressive America is standing staunchly in favor of keeping the Jews out in effect and conservatives out.
Speaker 2: Did you see uh?
Speaker 1: I don't want to get too bogged down on this, but did you see that a ven diagram thing that was making the floating around on social media over the weekend, where you had the far right is a circle, the far left is a circle, and fundamentalist Islam is a circle. And the one thing all three circles converge on is we hate Jews right in America, far right, far left, unlike the Jews and fundamentalist Islam.
Speaker 2: That's a problem, yeah, if you're Jewish.
Speaker 1: So the Trump Administration Task Force on Anti Semitism wrote to school earlier asking it to take nine actions quote that we regard as necessary for Harvard University's continued financial relationship with the United States government. Most of the demands concerned how the university operates. The government is asking for a comprehensive mask ban, as well as changes to governance, leadership, and admissions, and an end to DEI programs. Notably, the government is also seeking to reach into the classroom.
Speaker 2: Gets a little controversial.
Speaker 1: Here, demanding quote necessary changes be made to address bias, improve viewpoint diversity, and end ideological capture which fuel anti Semitic harassment.
Speaker 2: To task forces, letter said.
Speaker 1: I would like that stuff to happen, but I don't see how you can force that to happen without getting into a real dangerous territory.
Speaker 2: That is such an interesting question.
Speaker 1: If you have a ninety four percent progressive faculty in a school that gets any government funding whatsoever, conservative is not a protected class, right, It's difficult to make that into a civil rights issue with the teeth of the law behind you. Well, and it's an interesting conundrum. And you can see where if you allowed this, how out of control it could get. Who's going to define, you know, what the politics ought to be of the college at what percentage?
Speaker 2: And how do you enforce it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right, how do you define who's a conservative, who's a moderate conservative, who's a far right person? Yeah, it's a it's opening a Pandora's box. But at the same time, something like that has to happen or it will tear the country apartment. Don't you feel like market forces are working at this right now? Where Yes, you know, a degree from Columbia and Harvard. I think there's lots of people in the country. They see that on a resume and they think, oh no, they don't think, yes, Harvard grad wants to work there. Do you think danger danger?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly, Yeah, I do think that and other schools are opening up and proudly proclaiming themselves to be actual centers of the free exchange of ideas, whether it's a University of Austin, North Carolina has got established a brand new college within the university. That's all about free inquiry, which is what the whole gd thing is.
Speaker 2: Supposed to be doing. Anyway.
Speaker 1: The headline in the New York Times, as Jack mentioned, Harvard's decision to resist Trump is ament is of moments momentous significance. Sorry, but a fight with the nation's oldest, richest, and most elite university is a battle to President Trump and is powerful. Ad Stephen Miller want to have I think that's actually true.
Speaker 2: Yep. But Elizabeth bum Miller.
Speaker 1: From Washington is talking about how the Trump administration is demanding all sorts of unreasonable things and controlling the university and how significant this is and wonderful blah blah blah. I thought it was interesting that she also mentions, just point of interest, Harvard University is one hundred and forty years older than the United States. Yeah, has an endowment greater than the GDP of nearly one hundred countries. Yeah, that's amazing and then finally, the Wall Street Journal was describing how this battle is being waged, and it's kind of interesting. It has to do with a Health and Human Services official who's part of a little known government task force that's shaken elite universities, targeted billions of dollars in federal funding, taken on to Columbia and Harvard, et cetera, et cetera. It's called the Task Force to Combat Anti Semitism, and the group's stated goal is to root out anti Semitic harassment at schools and on college campuses. But along the way, the task Force is taking on university culture more broadly in ways that echo the MAGA dreams for remaking higher education, including racial ending, racial preferences, and hiring and admission. But it's a very small part of the HHS that is kind of the tip of the spear doing this stuff. And I can't wait to watch this unfold. As I've probably over emphasized, I think it's one of the most important things going on in America today, even though it's under most people's radar.
Speaker 2: It' tosay, April fifteenth, It's tax Day.
Speaker 1: We're going to talk to our friend Steven Moskowitz tax attorney about the kind of state of taxes today and make common mistakes and things you should keep your eye on. Oof death and taxes, man, only two things you can count on on this planet. Can practically guarantee you'll get some good advice out of it, something you'll want to look into in your own finance. Maybe later we'll get to that dude who set fire to the Pennsylvania governor's mansion.
Speaker 2: That's an interesting story. Total Toildren, Armstrong and Getty Pappy tax today.
Speaker 1: Everybody, good news is whatever money you're given the government that you worked hard for, it's going to be spent wisely and in a way better than you could have spent it. Oh yeah, absolutely, you and your children and your needs.
Speaker 2: So I didn't hear the latest update. Do we have our guest or No?
Speaker 1: Not as yet? Okay, still efforting that. So here's something I don't know if we'll ever figure out.
Speaker 2: So we have.
Speaker 1: A higher tolerance right now in the country for political violence than we've had since the early seventies, I feel like, and we're getting more of it. But every example of it that happens, the person is crazy. So how does that fit together? Because crazy people are crazy. So I don't know how you fit that in with the zeitgeist or whatever. Does the zeitgeist reach crazy people? But anyway, the guy that set the Pennsylvania governor mansion on fire.
Speaker 2: Was completely nuts.
Speaker 1: Yet it fits into a pattern of more political violence, and we can talk more about that later. We'll get into the details of this guy's background.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's a nut.
Speaker 1: Job, but first let's talk taxes with Steven Moscowitz, the founder and tax attorney at moscow at'z LLP. Long time a friend of The Armstrong and Giddy Show and advisor on matters tax as well.
Speaker 2: Steven, how are you doing great?
Speaker 4: My favorite day of the year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not mine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're the only one, but sore. You're always brimming with interesting tax talk. You love your job as much as anybody in America. So what's the top of mind for you today to communicate to the good folks?
Speaker 4: You know, there's so much haven't done your tax return by now? Don't be like in the movies, work until midnight, they get it out. Go on extension now, the extension and extension of time to file, not an extension of time to pay. But if you can't pay your taxes, don't make the mistake of not final return file it. Pay what you can and then you can do a monthly payment plan. And you know, I know in the movies the irs is portrayed as monsters, they're not. You know, like any large group, there's always a bad apple and there's always somebody great. But most of them are just doing their job. If you're reasonable with them, they'll be reasonable for you. You can work something out. You don't have to be afraid of it. You can work something out. That's what we do for people. But the bottom line is these problems are fixable. And I've seen over the years so many people. They go into hiding. They do these horrible things. They punish themselves, way worse than the government ever would, and there's no need for that. On the other hand, there's so many tax benefits. If you're a do it yourself or there's a lot of good things to read, you might also want to consider talking to somebody. There's so many advantages, especially if you're in business. You take a look at the fortune five hundred and that's one of the things that originally motivated me to become a tax attorney because you know, I was a CPA first, and then I watched these giant corporations making billions of dollars and legally paying little or no taxes, And how can that be? Our tax law is based on two things. One getting money from us. We all know about that one, but the other one. In a democracy, the government can't order us to do things, but they want us to do things because it's good for the economy. So how they get to do it They pay us. And that's the secret of all these tax deductions. There's all kinds of tax incentives. We see some ones like buying a house you get a tax deduction for mortgage interest in real estate taxes. You set up a pension for yourself, you get a tax deduction for that. There's so many benefits where if you have depreciation on machinery or buildings, there's ways to accelerate that and get way more if these huge deductions. Another thing, to me, the most beautiful words in the English language are a positive cash flow with a tax loss. Isn't it in your life? I mean, it brings it dear to the eye. It's so emotional to me. And the bottom line is there's so much there where you can you can benefit. And I mean there's benefits for everything. It's not just for its people, it's for everything. If you're on the lower into the income scale, the government gives you all kinds of benefits for you, for your kids, family members. If you're on the other end, there's ways that you can go up to your yachts and everything in between. The tax law has something for everybody in it. It's worth it knowing it's studying or going as somebody does. There's just so much there, and yet so many people treat it with despair and it's horrible. It's not you have to take a look at all the good things they're there. You just have to know about it.
Speaker 1: So we talk a lot about You've talked a lot about how the complexity of the tax code. I mean, if we're starting the tax code today, nobody would want to end up with what we currently have, even though it's so hard to change. But like when you started many years ago, how many pages or rules were there compared to today?
Speaker 4: All you know, I remember when I was in grad school, the professor actually went over that and he took it even back further where he basically showed us with his hands. He said, when he started in tax basically the tax law was and he opened his fingers to show us. Now he said today this is back when I was in school. He opened his arms. He said, that's not wide enough. And what happens is it's not just the law, it's the interpretations. A lot of what we do is we argue over what did the legislators and their infinite wisdom provide for us? And oftentimes the judges can't agree, and so many times will do a settlement because both sides say, well, we don't really know what they meant. So rather than have the judges aside, let's make a deal. And again you see judges disagreeing. You say, appeals judges disagreeing with trial judges. It's almost like nobody knows. It's a grand mystery, one of the mysteries of life. And going through this a cent that really is. I know how excited I get about tax law, but it really is that the mysteries of life, and in real life, it's not a black and white mathematical one plus one equals too, that's the right answers. It's like going into the museum and looking at the paintings and say, what's the most beautiful full painting here. It's a matter of interpretation, and there's so much of a tax fall like that. What the legislators mean. And when you argue TAXLW that's one of other things too. You try to thro what did they mean and you negotiate about it to try and figure out what they mean. That's something people don't realize about tax law. But that's part of the beauty of it, or at least the way the system works.
Speaker 2: So Stephen.
Speaker 1: In real life, the topic I've probably heard the most from people being confused about is if they're working remotely, part time or full time. They've got a home office. I've got a home studio. Can you deduct the equipment you buy? The chair you're sitting on? What are the pros and cons of the your Wi Fi because you're using it at home?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you may be able to, and what you have to watch out for. The most common is the home office. People say, can I deduct the home office now? In order to deduct it? The way you do it is you say, okay, if you use a portion of your home exclusively for business, you can deduct it. And even if you're at a studio apartment that's one room. Company you do that. The Taxkport has ruled is we use a portion of that room exclusively for business. You can do it, but you have to watch out. There's a downside to doing it. And the downside to doing is it converts that portion of your home from your principal residence, which has all kinds of tax benefits, into business property, which doesn't. So if you sell the house, then all of a sudden you learn about things you have to give back, like appreciation, recapture and other things. So if you're thinking about deducting home office, you can do it if you qualify, but you may not want to do that.
Speaker 1: Then we've never thought about the end when you go to sell your house and that that that's not a house, that's an officer selling, and here's the everything that goes.
Speaker 5: With that exactly. So the bottom line is it's kind of like medicine. This is a good medicine book as a side of which may or may not affect you. So we talk about that, and the bottom line is another thing that's.
Speaker 4: Really good for evil is if you're an independent contractor, you set up your own business and then you take pension deductions retirement, and there's so many benefits. You get a big tax deduction, and one of the things with retirement, like we're here, it is it's a POL fifteen and you say, well, these are all good things for next year, but there's some things you can still do. Suppose you put your return on extension today. There's many different types of pensions, most but not all of them provide for an exceptional tax plan because most things with tax plane you have to write the check by December thirty, first twenty four deductor twenty four. Not with most of the pension planets, so up to the time filing the return plus extension, which means suppose you put your return on extension today, that gives you half the year to set up the tension in twenty twenty five, fund it in twenty twenty five, and then you can elect to deduct it from your twenty four taxes. So the bottom line, think about you earned money last year, you have another six months happy year to earn money, put it away for yourself, and take a deduction for last year twenty four. I mean, for me, this is just fascinating.
Speaker 1: So that would be like a small business person and had a really great twenty twenty four and is getting hammered with taxes. It can in effect shield some of that income from tax by putting it in a pension plan like retroactively.
Speaker 4: Ah. And when somebody gives you something nice, what do you say, thank you? Well, lawyer says more, I want more. And what happens is with the really great year you talked about with the pension plans, if you had a fantastic year, one of the things you can do they're so flexible, is you can make multiple plan year contributions in one calendar year and get a much much bigger deduction for that year. So suppose you are salesman or something else. You have big sale, you need a lot of money. What you want to do is you want to get looks that it was twenty four. He said, I'm looking at these taxes. I hate all these taxes. So you set up the pension plans. And by the way, you can have multiple pension plans in the same year. You set up multiple pension plans and then you make multiple plane near contributions in one calendar year. You get a gigantic deduction against that fantastic year, and that's one of the ways you don't pay taxes on it. Say this stuff really lives done.
Speaker 1: And then you end up taking it out years down the road when you're paying it a much lower rate.
Speaker 2: Theoretically, all right, we've got it.
Speaker 1: Like two more minutes, Stephen, anything else you want to squeeze in before we let.
Speaker 4: You go, Yes, before where you send your taxes in. You really want to learn as much as you can, either on your own from reading or going to somebody that does this, because most people cheat on their taxes. They cheat themselves by not taking everything to which they're entitled. And you know, there's just so much to the tax law. I know it's really complex, but there's so many benefits for you. So the bottom line is, like so many other things in life, you get out of it what you put into it, learn about it, or go to somebody that does this for a living, and you can really benefit. You See, there's so much difference in people's taxes. And again my example is the fortune five hundred. Look at all the money they make. Look at how little or nothing to pay in taxes. That's not just for the fortune five hundred, that's for everybody that knows about it. It's there for you, it's alive, it's legal, and that's what I do for a living and notating the stuff fascinates me. And it's so great to be able to legally do this.
Speaker 1: Stephen Moscowitz Moscow is LLP. Longtime friend of the show.
Speaker 2: Steven.
Speaker 1: Always a pleasure to talk to you. It's always interesting if you want to talk to Stephen. One triple eight tax deal, one triple A tax deal.
Speaker 2: Steven, thanks for the time, appreciate.
Speaker 4: It, Thanks so much. I had a great time, as always.
Speaker 2: Got it now.
Speaker 1: So obviously he gets paid to do taxes, so you know you would have an incentive to convince you to have a guy. But I don't doubt that that's true, absolutely true, that the majority of people cheat on their taxes. The cheating is you cheat yourself by not taking advantage of everything. Yeah, and this is again this is not a commercial in any way. But and it depends on your financial circumstances, where you are in your life and one hundred other things.
Speaker 2: So you know, it's entirely up to you.
Speaker 1: But our experience Jack and me as individuals and as business partners has been you spend hundreds and save thousands by consulting professionals. And maybe your situation is you'd spend thousands and save tens of thousands. You know, again depending on your life circumstance. But that's been our experience. One of my main takeaways from Noan Steven and I think he brought this up at a lunch we were at with him one time, is the idea of and it's changed the way I think about things.
Speaker 2: But like would your I mean a basic question.
Speaker 1: Of would you rather get would you rather have be received fifty thousand dollars or eighty thousand dollars? Obviously I'd rather receive the eighty thousand dollars. What are the tax implications? How's the fifty thousand coming to you? How's the eighty thousand coming? Is it coming through income? Did your grandma live it to you?
Speaker 2: You know? Is it a prize you won?
Speaker 1: It's because there are different tax implications for all these different things. You might be better off with the fifty thousand than the eighty thousand. If it was a gift, then if it was income, blah blah blah, And you always have to look at that end of it.
Speaker 2: It should not be that dizzying, but it is right. I hope you enjoyed that. I did. I always get something out of it. More on the way stay here.
Speaker 4: Shot of course.
Speaker 2: Of a Minecraft movie.
Speaker 3: Please no throwing pulps horn and also absolutely no.
Speaker 2: Jockey. So you don't know, I haven't told you.
Speaker 1: Jack wife was actually at the theater everybody waiting for the Minecraft movie to start. He gets on the microphone and then when they figure out it's actually him, the guy who says chicken jockey in the movie, everybody went burst our Oh I'm sure that'd be very exciting as as a child.
Speaker 2: All right, innocent fun. Why not need more of that? Not less?
Speaker 1: My son's super into Minecraft has been for quite a few years. My youngest, my oldest for whatever reason, does not like video games. Never has really, but my youngest, and the chicken jockey is something that shows up like almost never.
Speaker 2: It's incredibly rare. When you're playing the game.
Speaker 1: There's a different there's a chicken jockey. There's a cat can't be camel jockey, Oh I doubt it, but there's a different jockey that shows up now and then it's more common. But the chicken jockey is like you never see it playing the game, It'll just all of a sudden be there and like it might happen once in.
Speaker 2: Your life if you play a lot. Wow.
Speaker 1: So that's part of the whole thing of the game. It being in the movie is a very big deal.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 1: I started the show by saying, Finna die today, or Finna gets some medicine, so I can make it through this show. I've picked this up from my son, who occasionally uses the very popular slang Finna. I hear it in a lot of his hip hop music that he plays. That's just gonna say. That sounds suspiciously urban hip hop to me. Yeah, I guess the origin is fixing too. But I've never any young person say fixing to, so I think they skipped fixing to to just Finna, which is basically short for I'm going to Finny get a sandwich. I'm going to get a sandwich. So if you hear that now, you won't be confused, or you can sprinkle it into your vocabulary if you're around young people and you'd like to sound more with.
Speaker 2: The times, I will pass. Thank you, though, fine.
Speaker 1: The desire of young suburban kids to affect the manner of urban hipsters. Yeah, is well, it's eternal. I mean, it's gone on forever. It's it changes, yet it stays the same. It's an interesting phenomenon.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Whenever I say Finnah to him, he he's disgusted by it.
Speaker 2: Cringes.
Speaker 1: Yes, say that a lot, then he couldn't cringe more exactly. Youthful dialects gets so annoying as you get old. Why is there anyway we have a fourth hour of the show. If you don't get the fourth hour, you gotta do something. You ought to subscribe to our podcast, Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being here, Armstrong and Getty.