Speaker 1: Hello, is this on?
Speaker 2: I believe so you're the one with all the buttons I do.
Speaker 1: I have a giant roadcaster next to me, and I press record and it's showing levels and I can see Anthony and we are recording. All right, perfect, Welcome to bull Chat on a Friday. I know I didn't give it to you guys this Wednesday, but I figured why not pick up the slack and give you guys some extra content.
Speaker 2: Oh so this is just like a bonus episode almost or a late episode. How would you consider this mode you classified us?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say it's a late episode because we usually do Bulchats on Wednesdays. Also, if you're watching this, yes, I am wearing basically what is what do you call it? My shawl?
Speaker 2: It's a shawl. It's like a Grandma shaw This.
Speaker 1: Is my grandma shaw My apartment is literally sixty one degrees and I refuse to turn on the heat. So this is how I'm living but sixty one Yeah, oh no, I keep it cold. I don't like what Yeah, And what's confusing is my electric bill is still ninety bucks. Like I do not turn on the heat.
Speaker 2: What do you run a radio studio out of it like you're doing right now. Maybe that's maybe that's the problem.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not like bitcoin mining or anything. It shouldn't be making my electric go up to ninety I get that bill and I'm like confused. But anyway, yes, welcome to a bowl chat on a Friday. Thank you so much for joining me, Anthony. I didn't even tell Scott I was doing it. I was just like, whatever, I don't care.
Speaker 2: Is he gonna be mad?
Speaker 1: No, because he refuses to do the at home thing. I've tried several times. So here, what do you mean the at home thing? So I am at work, as you know, quite late, three four, sometimes five o'clock. I wake up, mind people start you start super early too, exactly. So my day is very filled. And at ten am. When we used to record before I had a million and one jobs, it was fine, easy, but now it is not so easy because I am doing ten million jobs after ten I've told Scott a million and one times, hey, we really got to figure something out. Let's record bull chats from home. We don't even need cereal. And he's like, you know, dead life. So basically his.
Speaker 2: Kids do things like that. It's not like he has to watch them all the time. It's not that he's not They're not infants.
Speaker 1: People do not want to hear this from me, So I'm just gonna keep it chugging. But basically, I have my road cast you here at home. I can be recording. So here I am delivering content to my fantastic audience.
Speaker 2: Well, and I don't listen. I'm not here to throw you under the bus or anything, Andrew. But I just want to point out, since this is the late episode, it's not late because of me.
Speaker 1: No, not at all. It is late because of me. But you know what, we're still providing it on a Friday, So it's a fun little bonus episode. We love that.
Speaker 2: This is kind of like an episode or a podcast that used to be on the Elvis Durand network.
Speaker 1: Called Oh my God, My Day Friday, My.
Speaker 2: Day Friday, It's Andy's Day Friday.
Speaker 1: It's bull Chat semi colon My Day.
Speaker 2: Friday, My bull Chat Friday.
Speaker 1: There we go, done, easy, great?
Speaker 2: So what do we do here on the bull Chat?
Speaker 1: You know, basically it's just like a life episode. You just chat about live, just do a little quick chit chat.
Speaker 2: So is the whole the whole morning show was on vacation this past week.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I was not on vacation this week.
Speaker 2: What were you actually working or you chose not to travel, so we're both.
Speaker 1: I wanted to go to Florida, but then I had a couple of different podcasts recordings, so I was like, I'll just stay home and it was actually really nice. I caught up on a lot of sleep, a ton of sleep, which was exactly what was needed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I haven't been obviously in the morning radio routine a long time. We still do our morning show, but we don't start until eight because it's an hour long and it's not like we have breaks. So we do a full hour of content on Twitch and then we have the morning Show podcast. But that schedule, when you wake up at four thirty four forty five five o'clock and you're at work and you're you're chugging along, yes, one six o'clock rolls, I mean that train is leaving the station and you are going one hundred miles an hour. I think that's what people don't understand about the more show life is when you show up, you can very rarely have an off day or quiet day. Right like when my brother was working for. It was like some online services telemarketing company. You know, there were days that he could show up hungover, throw his headphones on and no one bothered him for the whole day. That doesn't work, although we do throw headphones on obviously, that does not work in morning radio because you are on.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's like entering like a pressure cooker. Like the minute you get there, it's just like constant action talking. Things are always happening, so it's like yeah a lot so.
Speaker 2: And that show specifically, it's it's like being strapped into a roller coaster. Right, everything's kind of calm until the mic opens at six o'clock and you don't know where you're going. That thing is whipping you around, and there's a bunch of things you got to do, and then it comes to an end at what nine to fifty one? Right, nine? What's the exact time? N nine for one, Yeah, and it's like the roller coaster stops. You kind of jerk forward a little bit and you look around.
Speaker 1: You're like, I made it, we did it, yeah, and then let's let's do this again tomorrow. And then there's like also so many like little side things that happen after the show now that I'm involved with. And so it's like the roller coaster just keeps on chug chugging, and I'm just.
Speaker 2: Are you allowed to talk about all the different podcasts that like you work on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean there's a whole bunch of them. It's I'm on, Oh that is bright light. I'm gonna turn that off because that is too much.
Speaker 2: I thought looked pretty good.
Speaker 1: Thank god, it doesn't.
Speaker 2: It gives you, like some some side lighting looks very dramatic. Everyone should be watching YouTube, right damn, okay, just fix my So something I see on on reels all the time because I follow a bunch of video editors and stuff. This is how you do dramatic lighting. You put one light to your left and that's it. Like that's a You made that sound much more involved than it really was.
Speaker 1: I will actually say this looks good.
Speaker 2: I think it looks good, looks very dramatic.
Speaker 1: Damn, thank you? Oh wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I work on like a bunch of different shows, like at least nine of them at last last notice or last check in. So that is a lot. And so like you said, come ten am when Scott's like standing by my desk and it's like, hmm, I'm like, can you just be available at two pm from your house because that could work for me. I'll be home at two.
Speaker 2: Kids still in school at two pm. Listen, I don't have to worry. I don't have to worry about kids or picking them up or dropping them off, worrying about there after school extra.
Speaker 1: And he's a great dad, so I can't. I can't knock him. He's a fantastic dad.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I'm just asking are they in school at that time?
Speaker 1: Dad? Life bro okay anyway? So yeah, just a lot going on, but hey, we're here, we're providing a nice show. My question is how has your sleep schedule been, Like do you feel like, would you ever go back to morning radio hours?
Speaker 2: Because you know, I absolutely would, people actually would.
Speaker 1: I've seen several instagrams where people are like, here's my wake up routine. You want to wake up at four thirty. I'm like, as someone who doesn't get to choose, just has to, no, you should not wake up at four thirty and read like a meditation package and give yourself an hour of breathing work like, no, stay asleep, get all the sleep you can.
Speaker 2: I think most of those people that do that, right, the people who are filming themselves in the morning and telling everyone else how to live a I think they're absolutely full of garbage. Yeah. Secondly, they're not usually doing public facing jobs as early as morning radio is. I think that's the biggest difference, right. Sure, you can ease into your day, Yeah, wake up at whatever time you want if you've got If you want to waste three hours or do things for three hours, that's that's great before work. But to do that in your job, you'd have to be up at three. Yeah, Like it's crazy. No, But my my schedule, my sleep schedule, my morning schedule has never ever been consistent. It's just not the way that I live. Like, Yeah, when I was working morning radio, I was at the studio by five point fifteen every morning, but I still was It's not like I was going to bed early. There were days I'd go to bed at twelve. There were days I wouldn't go to bed. I'd literally just work through the night and then stay there.
Speaker 1: I've never pulled it on lighter. That is one thing I will not do. So many No, for me, it's like I don't care if I even get thirty minutes of sleep. Like to me, I can run on thirty minutes, but like you got to give me that time. I will not ever push through without getting at least fifteen thirty minutes, because that is enough for my brain to just be like psh good.
Speaker 2: I would actually prefer to not get the thirty. I feel like the thirty messes me up. No, No, really, it got to a point, especially when I was doing morning radio, that if I was working late enough, like let's say I was working till two thirty or three, if I knew I was going to get less than two hours of sleep, I just wouldn't sleep. No, But it's the way that I normally. It's the way that I've always been able to work. I'm a procrastinator, so I can leave a lot of things to the last moment and knock it all out. Not a healthy way to live. But when I am working on a project, I do have the ability to kind of put blinders on and just do that thing for hours and hours and hours and hours. Then it doesn't bother me. I could work for twenty four straight hours, but then I will completely unplug and I won't do anything for another twelve hours and it's just whatever kind of is in front of me. I'll tackle whatever's there and then I'll figure everything else out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like I enter that, like I could be in hyper productive modes. And that's the other problem too. Instagram reels is like you may have ADHD, and I'm like, I don't think I do, but like thanks for offering that advice.
Speaker 2: Like we all have characteristics that might fall into those categories, but we're also a hyper fixated population because we do have things like TikTok reels, and we can fall down every rabbit hole we need to because we have literally every piece of information in our hands.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so true. I was just having this conversation with my mom actually, and they were just talking about like the difference in the workforce and also how much like things have changed, but like pay has pretty much stayed stable. And I'm like, great, because in the eighties and nineties, you weren't walking around with literally your work on you at all times. Like you literally are now expected to work if somebody texts or calls you. And yes, you could set your boundaries and you could pretend like your laptop is shut at five, but the minute you get any email that's like urgent, you'd be the one to tell me that you're not going to answer the call.
Speaker 2: I feel like the people that say that there's two categories, I think are maybe they're just driven differently than I am, m hm right, But b I think there it's usually some sort of person who has enough financial resources where they don't care. Yeah, it's like, oh, well I just shut off or blah blah blah. Yeah, well you could do that. It's like, but I can't. I need to be available for everyone that needs to because, hey, I'm not trying to get fired. I'm trying to make sure my clients are happy whatever it is. And it's tough, but I do. I am a little envious of that the generation, the last generation that was able to like go to work and then go home. Yeah, and then that was it.
Speaker 1: It's crazy that we never knew life like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And you know what's funny. I was talking to someone last summer and it was a friend who works in like the music label space but also works with a lot of radio friends that we know, and she was saying that she she knows a guy I think in either Spokane or Idaho. Spokane Washington or somewhere in Idaho, because Spokane's like right on the border. And he used to be a radio guy and he was making whatever crappy pay the smaller market we're paying. And he was a wedding DJ, and he loved being a wedding DJ. So he said, you know what, I'm going to continue doing this wedding DJ stuff because it actually pays pretty well. I mean, granted, you're it's not a lot of work because you're generally working two or three days a week, and I don't know if that's enough to sustain you. But he then got a job at I believe it was Costco, just stocking shelves and do a lot of like back end work, not even really working with customers. And he's like, it's it's so great because I leave work now and it's not like Costco is calling me to check on inventory stuff. I just I do my work. I unload boxes, I stack shelves, but I need to I put things back on trucks or take them off and then I go home and they they pay my medical bills. It's a really existant paycheck. Yet it's it's like a full time job.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: With benefits.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, Scott's not bad like Washington State, I think is. I think throughout this state it's fifteen dollars an hour minimum wage. I know the city is for Seattle, but they're paying him enough to live.
Speaker 1: I know. Scott has always said that when the radio thing is done for him, he wants to work and stock shelves in a supermarket. And all my time I've been like, would that just get monotonous after a while, But now that you're saying it, where it could just it's consistent. You really can just shut your whole brain off, like after work. That sounds magical.
Speaker 2: You know how many people I see, whether it's like some sort of you know, stocking, cleaning, whatever job, just have headphones on. Yeah, it's like you're listening to whatever you feel like listening to. Maybe you're listening to a podcast and you feel like you're hanging out with your friends all day, right, Yeah, maybe you're listening to an audiobook and you're just doing a task. Yeah, it's easily identifiable. Your boss tells you I need this task done, You do it, you.
Speaker 1: Go home, And I'm sure there's stressors to it too, where it's kind of like, oh, this person's on my ass about making sure it looks super tidy or inventory isn'tcounted the right way. But there is something to it where you know, you don't have an email address where somebody is like going to contact you at like nine o'clock at night and be like, hey need this now.
Speaker 2: And there are obviously there are positives and negatives to every job, like you said, but I will say, if Scott wants to one day be out of radio and stock shelves at a grocery store, it will be the neatest, best stocked grocery store in the world.
Speaker 1: It will be the best grocery store in the entire country. Like they will get awards, metals, even yes.
Speaker 2: Perfectly stocked shelves. I do that now because I worked at a deli. It was my first not it was my first job that wasn't with my family. And there was a deli next door to where I grew up, so I worked there when I was like sixteen, and maybe even before that. I think it was fourteen or fifteen, and one of my jobs was like sweeping the floors, mopping the floors in stocking shelves. It's basically took out garbage, and I will still stock the fridge at home like I used to stock shelves at the deli, where if Carla Marie, for example, buys a big case of a spin drift or something, it's they're all set up by the flavor, the labels are all out, they're perfectly aligned. I'll do that with everything.
Speaker 1: Wow, So you're really organized, that's like your thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just helps. I think when things are less cluttered, I can think more clearly. I feel like physical clutter actually clutters my brain. I don't know if that's like a me thing or if that's a common trait. Yeah, no, I feel that way when things are cluttered, I can't focus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like right now, I just have stuff on my counter, And I've recently been going through a phase where I'm like how much can I get rid of? And like how quickly? Because like even now, I'm like my desk is so cluttered. I just have so much around me that I'm like I need all of it gone, Like I just want nothing showing.
Speaker 2: It's crazy how when you really break it down, doesn't matter if you're rich poor. It's crazy how much stuff we have and that's something carl mari and I especially because Carlon Marie moved into her home, her home and moved into her home before I moved in, so she had a fully set up home. And then I guess at this point, it's two years ago I moved in with her, and I had all of my stuff, and granted I got rid of a lot, yeah, like I gave stuff away to friends, I sold stuff on offer up, donated some. But combining both of our stuff, we're still trying to get through all of.
Speaker 1: It, damn, because there's just so much crap.
Speaker 2: And one of the benefits of this job, whether it's morning radio or what we do on the in the podcasting live streaming place space is you get free stuff. Stuff You're even if you're not going out and buying it, you're getting a lot of free stuff and a lot of it's like not super valuable, but at the same time you're just getting it all the time. Yeah, next thing you know, you're just living in a mountain of crap.
Speaker 1: I feel that to my core. And it doesn't help that now I have all this koozy stuff, Like I have a bag full of koozies. I have a photo box because I need to take pictures of every koozy now, and it's like it's doing it. Oh yeah, no, we legit. Oh yeah, it's really really Legit has like a little light on the top. I need all these like professional pictures taken.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm hustling, so I'm just like really trying to get that up and running. But in the meantime, it's like, my it, the clutter is making me crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you need to get a good like storage area or something. Do you how many koozies are you? Are we allowed to use that word? Yeah, but you're not allowed to call it that, right, Yeah, that's it. What do you call it?
Speaker 1: Okay, So we'll be back right after this. Do Do Do Do Do Do, and we're back.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 1: That's like my official commercial music. Okay, so yeah no.
Speaker 2: But teaser that what a te is there? Really hope people stay through the commercials.
Speaker 1: So our company is still called Koozy Kings, but our new label to actually sell them is called like what we're trademarked as is brew Pants.
Speaker 2: That's right. So we're now because there's a company that owns the word coozy.
Speaker 1: Koo z i E is technically how you are supposed to refer to it, call it that is like a licensed in trademarked name, which is insane to me.
Speaker 2: But what if you just spelled it with a C.
Speaker 1: That's what we were doing.
Speaker 2: And still not still not good enough.
Speaker 1: Nope, it's too close to the original.
Speaker 2: Okay, So.
Speaker 1: Trademark law is weird, and they're like, you're selling a similar product. Again, I don't think that. They were probably thinking that people would sell coozies as much as they are, so they were like, oh, yeah, just give them the word. It's fine. It's like, how Kylie generated like to try to trademark the name Kylie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, so you get trademark a very common name. So how many brew pants before the name changed and since the name change do you think you've sold? Oh you have an exact number?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we literally thousands, like, if not tens of thousands. Really, yeah, we did just last year alone, and I'll just say I don't care. We did one hundred fifty thousand in inventory, like in like money.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. Yeah, obviously you're not cut. There's no stuff you have to pay for.
Speaker 1: Ninety percent of that goes back into the business and That's the other thing that all these TikTok influencers and instagram reels. Anytime you see these people being like I got into drop shipping and I'm making tens of thousands of dollars. I've had friends send it to me and be like, oh my god, is this legit? It is trust me on paper. Yes, we made one hundred and fifty thousand in profits last year, but do you know all that money has to go back into getting more inventory, Like there are so ads to put at the ship storage. Yes, exactly, Amazon does so much of it. But like, no, you were not pocketing one hundred and fifty thousand dollars. You're just not. So don't go into a game like that thinking like you're gonna be walking away with it, like I've made very little return on it. But it's more the investment that like it's up and running now to where it's like an actual product that we sell and it's making money.
Speaker 2: And yeah, obviously there's the long game, right Like you weren't. You didn't started thinking, oh, we're gonna make a million dollars this year and retire or something exactly. A lot a lot of those accounts on Instagram or TikTok or whatever, like this is how you can retire and just have passive income for the rest of your life. That's not how that works.
Speaker 1: It ain't happening. It ain't happening. You really got to like work. And again, it's getting to a spot where once we now have enough inventory, we have a place to store them, like now we can actually keep more of the money moving forward. But yeah, you need to like really, there is no easy way to do it. Ali Baba. Yes, sells a lot of products that are super popular, and you can do the drop shipping thing, but you gotta work a lot to make it actually do.
Speaker 2: Even with something like job shipping, even if it's something where you don't need to hold on to the inventory or whatever, you've got to let people know about it.
Speaker 1: So true, and that's our thing now is with like TikTok and Instagram and trying to get into that whole advertising space. There's like several jobs that you need to do on top of like again the full time job I'm already doing.
Speaker 2: That's the crazy thing about doing what we're doing here is kind of like independent creators with you know, the Carl Ray Anthony Show, on Twitch and YouTube. Now the Morning Show podcast. It's again we create this content every day, but then there's also all the other stuff we have to do. Right, we have meetings with clients in our and we have we signed with a company that sells our podcast is similar to what you know the Elvis podcast network does, and you know, there's meetings with them and making sure they have what they need and they you know, doing all the promos and just there's so much. I mean, the amount of time I spend doing engineering stuff mm hmm, that like engineer Jeff would do for you guys out of time I do. That is crazy.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine.
Speaker 2: But I think the interesting thing is you you know, anyone who starts their own business at any point, there's you know, a laundry list of things you can complain about mm hmm. But it's also very fulfilling. For it's all fun, like learning all the new things you have to want to learn, really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. And it's also just like taking a leap of faith and believing in yourself to a point just to say, like if it fails, it's on me, but if it succeeds, it's also on me. So like it's been a really cool to your point, like learning experience just to say, like, oh my god, I took something as stupid as a koozie with two of my friends, Yeah, and sold as much as we have And like I said, if it flops, it's whatever. The learning experience behind it has just been the best part.
Speaker 2: What do you think, from like a technical standpoint, is one of the coolest things you've learned how to do now.
Speaker 1: Again, I think it's just like putting it in order and just figuring out the whole back end process to it, like you look at I'm sure your friends who like also in the Roosevelts could say the same thing. It's like you have an idea and you think to yourself, it's gonna be a mountain to climb. I will never be able to get it done. There's too many steps involved. But then you just need to find the right supplier. You really just need to like idate what your idea is and figure out like, okay, like this is what it is, and then just you can put the pieces together fairly simply. Like there's a lot of I think doubt that comes into and I'm sure you've experienced this the same thing there's a lot of doubt that can creep in and be like should I be doing this? Should I start from scratch? Can I do it easier? But once you kind of start get up and running, you just say to yourself, like there is no point in doubting yourself, Like just keep going until you're told to stop. That's my biggest thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I mean to your point, like the I've gotten to see basically the Rows of Else take their company from just an idea in our apartment before they even had a website, and grow it to a level where I think they have thirty something employees now, it's insane, have deals with Marvel and Disney.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: Every single company. And yeah, along the way, I'm sure there were doubts. Sure there were times where they weren't making money. Originally they knew that they had to keep kind of feeding the beast until it got going. And I mean their original office was my apartment.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: There was actually so my apartment. And for those that don't know, Andrew and I lived, you never lived in the apartment with me, right on an illustrator.
Speaker 1: I took your old room when you moved out.
Speaker 2: Yes, so in that apartment, the very end room where Josh used to live, that used to be Steve from the Roosevelt's room. Steve had a girlfriend at the time who lived in our apartment literally next door. So when they launched the Roosevelts, there was a time where Steve cleared out his own bedroom turned it into an office. And essentially he wasn't homeless obviously, because he had a place for all his stuff and he slept in our apartment, but he did not have a bedroom. He turned it into an office and that's where they started everything out.
Speaker 1: Of Wow, and that's wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the commitment you have to kind of have if you're especially if you're going to make it your full time job. Like, yeah, he left his full time job with co Ed magazine. John left his full time job and I think part time was working for his dad's demolition company just to make sure he had enough money. And these they both took a chance on themselves and their ideas and said screw it, let's go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's wild. It's like really inspiring to hear too, because it's like, again, I have friends who have wanted to start things, Yeah, and they put so much doubt in themselves to be like, well it's impossible to start on not even gonna try. And I feel like I was that way for a very long time. Like even with podcasting with Scott, I'm like, no, nobody wants to hear what I'm saying anyway. But really, once you like have that little spark of just being like, hmm, maybe I can do more than what I think I can, that's when you're really like, oh, there's so much in front of you. Why not take advantage of it, Like, don't just sit on the sidelines of your own life.
Speaker 2: Well, the way I see it, too, is all the stuff that you're learning now, even if I mean, listen, if you can sell enough brew pants to retire and make millions, yeah, I would like to see nothing more than that. But even if that doesn't happen, and maybe you realize down the road, hey, you know what, we're making some money, but it's probably not worth the effort or the storage or whatever. All the things you've learned to put this together make whatever you do even better next time. You are, as a worker, as a creative, as what a partner, are going to be so much much more valuable in whatever that next step is because you're going to understand this whole new thing. And that's the way Carl the Mara and I have looked at what we've done with you know, independent broadcasting, if you will, independent content creation is you know, we would if the right opportunity became available, we would jump back into morning radio in a second, because I legitimately loved when that studio door was closed and we had our space and our you know that the airwaves if you will, and our callers that there was nothing greater for me now when that studio door opened and you have to do you know, all of the other stuff. There were some issues, but all the stuff that we're doing now, learning how to you know, livestream on different platforms, and learning how to use different tools cameras, lighting, figuring out this podcast that we've built and which we just celebrated the two year anniversary of the Morning Show podcast, and growing that thank you, and growing that all of those things is if we were to get back into traditional media, I mean, we have so many tools now that we didn't have or didn't fully understand when we were doing it four years ago.
Speaker 1: For sure. Yeah, it's exactly that. It's like you have such a vast knowledge of kind of like what the current media landscape is that if you were to jump into like a radio job full time, it's almost like that's a non negotiable for you, where if.
Speaker 2: We've sorry, no you go, I was gonna say. We have had conversations with radio companies and stuff, and that's always the thing that we protect the most. And with some radio executives it might scare them, or they don't I don't even want to say it scare them. They don't understand it, so it's not a path they're going to go down, which is absolutely there, right mm hm, And some some radio executives are saying, yeah, absolutely, you you built that thing. Why would we stop you from continuing it? You know, this is that's something that's going to help us down the road because now you have this national audio and that you can bring wherever you happen to go. And the right deal hasn't necessarily like popped up yet. But even with the podcast company that we work with at the moment, one of the reasons we signed with them was because we still own all of our own stuff and that was super important to us. And if you ever build something, you know how important it is for you to own that thing that you build. Unless someone comes and signs to a fat check, here you go, because trust me, if there are enough zeros, I would sell the shit out of this.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, don't worry, Okay, that's yeah, Yeah, it's it's interesting to kind of see how much you're capable of when you're forced to kind of like go outside of your comfort zone to a degree. Yeah, but it's all super encouraging.
Speaker 2: And I think people also need to give themselves time to be creative. Like sometimes if I'm if I'm in a rut and i feel like I've just been like being a little task rabbit, right like just checking things off the list, I'll just go for a drive because legally and responsible, you're not supposed to do a lot of other things when you drive, so you when I drive my I can let my mind wander a little bit, as opposed to being in the house or being in the office where there's always like something to do. And I'm the type of person that needs to let my mind wander to think of new ideas and be creative. And anytime someone tells me they're in a rut, just go for a drive. Try it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe it doesn't work.
Speaker 2: Maybe you're still in a rut. Maybe you're in a worse we're already get back. I can't promise anything, but maybe it's you just needed to break up the monotony of scheduling and accomplishing tasks.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That's my biggest problem is like I can fall into patterns where I'm just like I want to do nothing, Like my brain needs to just be off. But then I keep it in the off, but like switch for too long, and then I'm like I have to encourage myself to do things again, and I hate it.
Speaker 2: You know. But my barber explained this term that I wasn't aware of before. But we were talking about a video game. Do you ever this was the wildest trend in video games. It was a year or year and a half ago. Have you ever played the power Washer game?
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, I have House Flipper. It's literally the exact same thing. It's called house Flipper.
Speaker 2: Oh I've not played house Flipper. It's played that one.
Speaker 1: Okay, So house Flipper is literally like you walk into the house, you have to pick up the garbage, you need to paint, the walls you need and all you're doing is literally just like paint the wall. You just click, you walk over, you pick up the trash, you just click it. It's like it's almost like doing just monotonous tasks and you could spend thirty forty minutes just like focusing on cleaning the house, putting things where they need to be. It's just there is no real challenge to it. There is really really no objective. It's just like focusing on getting the tasks done and for and for.
Speaker 2: People who don't know power washer, it's it's kind of similar. You're literally a powerasher, like the big hose that cleans things, and you just you can pick whatever thing like I picked a playground and you just take your mouse and you clean like you use the power hose or the power washer, and you clean like the jungle gym, and then you clean the bench and then you clean and it's it's a little more nuance because you could pick like different nozzles and hoses and then stuff like that. But the reason I bring that up is my my uh barber was telling me about the game and I was like, man, this sounds real dumb, and he's like, no, it is. That's the whole point. It's really dumb, but you have to try it, and he goes. It allows your lizard brain to work where you can just kind of sit there. You're doing an activity but it's not hard, and you're you're you kind of like zone out and you do that thing. And I think everyone needs to do that at some point in your day. You need to let your brain kind of go into lizard mode. I love that and just like reset a little bit.
Speaker 1: I love lizard mode. I'm gonna start using that. I've I sometimes my friends and I would call it bunny time. His bunny time, So bunnies like when there's just say, petting Zoo's at schools my friend's principle, so they he's like a crazy principle. He gets like petting Zoo's circuses like you name it. He's like all about the kids. Yeah, he's a great, great principle, but he came here. Yeah I would love that, so he But the problem is the bunnies can't they can do twenty minutes at a time. You cannot leave the bunnies with constant stimulation for longer than twenty minutes. So you have to take them and they have to kind of just be like zoned out for a couple of minutes before they're reintegrated. So it's bunny time.
Speaker 2: I love that. He just needs to be by themselves, recharge their batteries a little bit. Yeah, and then they're back out into the world.
Speaker 1: Exactly, just a little bit of recharging, a little bit of bunny time.
Speaker 2: Do we know how much time it takes to recharge a bunny?
Speaker 1: I do not. Actually I could ask him, but I would love to find that out. Yeah, I'll I ask. I'll get back to you on that one. I also have this new thing. It's called I Gotta eat like yesterday. It's called a books pama. Also, what the hell is that thing that? Why is that bubble there? Anyway, it's a books Palma.
Speaker 2: We live streaming this. Where did that thumbs down button come from?
Speaker 1: I think Zoom added that in where if you put things up for like long periods of time. Now, yeah, they do that.
Speaker 2: Whoa, yeah, so what if I put my hand up for a while? Does that? I don't know, just the thumbs down that's the only thing Zoom has integrated.
Speaker 1: I know that if they do the same thing on FaceTime calls. But yeah, weird. So it's a books pama. It's smaller than a kindle because my biggest thing is I want to read more, but I hate the size of the kindle, and I also don't want to carry a giant book around, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Obviously, it's like it's like the uh, paper white screening, right, so it's not like your actual phone screen. Yeah, it's like, oh man, that's cool. How much is that thing?
Speaker 1: Two seventy?
Speaker 2: Okay worth it because it kindles like one hundred.
Speaker 1: But what's wild is you could also put apps on it, so like I can play my music, it can run full video. And it's wild because it's literally like a paper white like Kindle screen.
Speaker 2: Interesting. I kind of love that thing.
Speaker 1: I do too. And it has a camera, which is wild too because it's like, why would I ever want a kindle white photo of myself?
Speaker 2: But so if you take pictures on that camera and you transfer it somewhere.
Speaker 1: Else, yeah, it comes out like eating.
Speaker 2: Like it's on that screen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, it's wild.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's a weird way where they like make it a real picture later on.
Speaker 1: As far as I know, I haven't tried transferring it. I could try and see what happens. But yeah, but I.
Speaker 2: Want to give you a theory speaking of pictures, go for it. So I do love that thing, and I might have to look into one for myself.
Speaker 1: No, fantastic.
Speaker 2: You don't need you don't need more things.
Speaker 1: And it's about your phone size. That's the best part because now I can literally just travel with these two things. And it's like now when I want to just read on the train, I can literally go distraction free and say, great, now let me just read my book and I don't have to worry or care about anything.
Speaker 2: No notifications or anything like that. No, that's great. I do want to bring up because you mentioned pictures. Yeah, I feel like you would appreciate this theory or this new discussion that is now out there in this social media world. What is a picture? Now? Hear me out. The reason people are having this discussion now is because whether you have an iPhone, a Google phone, like a pixel, a Samsung, there's so much artificial intelligence and filtering that's done even if you don't ask it to with your photo. Like when you use an iPhone, it's take it's snapping that photo, right, it's processing all of that information and then it's running it through filters, algorithms, processing to make it the best picture possible. Okay, so now people are starting to think, well, what is a real picture? How do we like what constitutes a picture? Now? Because with the pixel phone the one I have, I mean I can remove things from the background, I can move people's from where they are in the picture. Yeah, and it's cleaning up the photo as it's taking it. So that's not actually the thing that I see. Even if I just press the shutter button and take that, that is not the actual image that I pointed my camera at.
Speaker 1: Huh. I've never thought of that. That's like really interesting. Do we have pictures anymore? What do we and what do we call these things that we now have? Hmm? You know, I've recently gone back to my digital camera. Cool, I'm like trying to go back to it. I have this like old school retro one that's like old school digital where it doesn't even have a screen. Ooh yeah, and you could plug it into your phone and you could copy everything over. But like you can just take a million pictures. Yeah, but you don't know what you're actually taking until you plug in your phone. That's cool, or plug in the camera. But then I also have a really good LIKEO one. But I agree with you, that's interesting because it's like, yeah, the image is so processed by the time you're actually seeing it exactly. Everything's in portrait mode now, so that means they like lighten up your face, the background, they blur whatever. It's like, that's not the real thing.
Speaker 2: I mean. I saw an ad for a picture for one of the pixel phones. I think it's the newest one where someone was like tossing their baby in the air, like on the beach, and they moved the baby higher.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: In the picture, it's like, well, that's not the original picture, but you can pass it off as the picture because all of the data that was processed and uploaded it makes it look like that was the original photo. I guess that what it was like a podcast from c neet or one of like the nerds the platforms that I follow, they said, the only thing that really constitutes as a picture now is if you take a video and pull a frame from that video. Wow, or something along those lines. But I don't know what we're gonna like, what are what's what's the next generation coming up? Alpha?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What are they gonna even think pictures.
Speaker 1: Are Yeah, that's wild because by the time you're seeing it, it's so wildly edited and processed and changed up. It's like, that's not the original photo. It's not like film.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm not I for the record, what I'm telling you guys this. I know this sounds like a very high conversation. But where I am right now, it's eight forty five in the morning. I don't even smoke.
Speaker 1: So wow, that's.
Speaker 2: That's a good plant for the weekend.
Speaker 1: I will. That's a good thought. Thank you for that, Anthony, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Is a photo? What qualifies or constitutes as a photo these days?
Speaker 1: I've loved that. I never actually thought of that. That's very interesting.
Speaker 2: Even if you don't do anything, your phone is still doing it on Like, even if you don't ask your phone to.
Speaker 1: Process it, it still is.
Speaker 2: Naturally based on the technology in your your phone, it's going to do something different.
Speaker 1: And that's wild too. Now with like all this Apple Vision Pro stuff, because that has a million and one cameras, but how you're viewing it through the lens is also wildly different too.
Speaker 2: Yep. I haven't played with a vision Pro, have you ever? Had one of the VR headsets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had a PlayStation VR. It was so fun. I love the play station OG Yeah, I still have that one. I don't the novelty of VR kind of wears off for me because it's like you just get nauseated by the cameras. The vision pro interests me because I'm like I can do like augmented reality, Like I love that, Like the thought of like being able to WEARK goggles right now and it's like, Okay, I could see you in front of me, but I could look at my texts over here and I'm still in my room. Like I like that better than VR, where it's like I have to be in a whole new.
Speaker 2: Place until they until they get to something that's a little more similar to like a pair.
Speaker 1: Of glasses Google glass, yea something like that.
Speaker 2: And even that one like looked weird. Yeah you know, I wanted to just look like a pair of readers.
Speaker 1: Contact lens content where you can't even see it.
Speaker 2: That's like some spy stuff.
Speaker 1: That is some spy stuff. That's where it's a dystopian future, yeah, which where I.
Speaker 2: Mean, we're this close, but it's like a dystopian I wouldn't call it a future. It's like dystopian. Two weeks is basically where we're at.
Speaker 1: It this pretty much.
Speaker 2: And yes, for those people at home, I know that two weeks is also in the future.
Speaker 1: To the record, well, you know, there is that whole doomsday clock and that's tick ticking away.
Speaker 2: So I would love, like write I would. I'm trying to think of like a real world application. A The easiest thing is if you go to a new country and it just translates everything in front of you. Sure, when you're reading a street sign, like when we were in Taiwan. Yeah, there were some street signs or some signs that were in English, but generally most of them were not. Yeah, it would have been great to just look around as a tourist. Yeah, oh my god, I could read everything here. But I think, like this is the nerdiest thing ever when we were When we're on Twitch, one of the things we have to do is always check the live streaming chat as it goes through. It'd be awesome to have a pair of glasses where I could see maybe on one eye, the chat screen and now it's just always in front of me and I can like look around. I can talk to Carl and Ree, I can pull stuff up on the screen and I can still know what the audience is saying the whole time.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what's wild. Is that what the is like basically what the vision pro could do, but you have to still looks ridiculous exactly. And then you're gonna be live streaming with a giant thing of goggles on it and people are gonna be like Anthony Good and those fake AI eyes that they give you on the glasses are also not working for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's no one should ever walk around with that. I do have the Oculus, the first version of the Oculus that came out, and there are some fun games, Like there's a game and I haven't played it in probably a year, but it's called Elvin Assassin and you're an Elf and you've got a little bow and arrow and you just you're on a tower and you just gotta kill like these ogres as they come through, and they come through in waves and that's it. You just keep going until more and more come through. And I could spend hours playing that game.
Speaker 1: It's a more violent version of your power cleaning game, but it also is giving you your bunny time.
Speaker 2: And but it's also physical because you're you're getting up. I will this is gonna sound so lame. I will be sweating at the end of that game. M well, thank you by putting your arms in this motion and the kind of like drawing the fake string back because you have to do all of that, yeah, and letting it go.
Speaker 1: They have VR workout classes like that is a thing.
Speaker 2: Which I've done a beat saber.
Speaker 1: No, I've always wanted to. That always looks so fun.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. And for people who don't know what I'm talking about beat Saber, if you remember the game Fruit Ninja mm hmm, where you have to slice the fruit on your on your mobile phone screen. It's kind of if you, like, if you took Fruit Ninja and Guitar Hero and put them together. That's what beat Saber is. Yeah, And you're like playing along with the music and you're slicing these boxes that come through. You can add packs like I have the BTS pack so good as a Leady Gaga or not Letty Gaga.
Speaker 1: Uh Lincoln Park woo okay, I got.
Speaker 2: A Lincoln bleed it out. Really fun to do, also very hard.
Speaker 1: And you're probably sweating so much by the end of it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I sweat doing everything, So maybe I'm not the best example. I always tell people there's like one thing I'm really good at, and that's sweating the absolute best.
Speaker 1: Well, wow, I would love to. I would say I'd love to come over and play it, but I'm worried that your headset's going to be drenched, so.
Speaker 2: We'll wipe it down. It's fine, okay, I'll.
Speaker 1: Bring some baby wipes over.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: I think that just concludes. This has been forty five minutes. I can't believe how fast the time went.
Speaker 2: Is that like too much? Too little? What did I do?
Speaker 1: No, you did a great job. Usually Skin and I have been doing twenty thirty minutes, so you had an additional fifteen.
Speaker 2: But that's because Scott's lazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, truth, you're true. He's gonna listen to this and he's gonna text both of us and be like you digs. Well, thank you so much Anthony for joining me.
Speaker 2: Thank you, this is awesome.
Speaker 1: This was great, and I hope that you guys all have a wonderful weekend. Again. This is just a nice little bonus Bowl Chat my day, Bowl Chat Day Friday, My Bowl Friday, My Bowl Friday. Okay, that's gonna be the cap shit. But thank you all so much for joining. We'll see you on Monday. It's gonna be a little bit later because we didn't get to record serial Killers before we left for break, so but keep listening because it's coming, so all right, see you guys on Monday for serial Killers. Until then, bye later, see you