Speaker 1: With the football season kicking off, it's the perfect time to dive into the action with my partners at DraftKings, the number one place to bet on touchdowns, and right now, all new customers who bet just five dollars will instantly get two hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets, plus get one month of NFL plus premium.
Speaker 2: That's something we can.
Speaker 1: All celebrate right all right now, download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app and sign up using.
Speaker 2: My promo code TBC.
Speaker 1: If sports betting is not yet available in your state, don't worry. You can still join in on all the fun with DraftKings Daily Fantasy and have the shot to win cash prizes. So right now, download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app and new customers use my promo code TBC and bet just five dollars on any wager and get two hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets instantly. That's promo code TBC only at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Speaker 2: The Crown is yours. Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 3: The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Everybody is DJ and B Jess Hilary Charlamage the guy we are the Breakfast Club. Jess is out today maternity, and we got some special guests in the building.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen. We have Will pack up what's happening, and we have Kevin, Kevin Hart, he's here, he's here. We have elect Kevin Hard. So it's allowed for you. So Kevin was supposed to be her. I'll tell you the irony of this, right.
Speaker 3: Kev's hungover right now.
Speaker 4: But if you read the first chapter in Will Packer's book, he has a chapter called We're Gonna Die tonight, right, and it's essentially this story. This isn't what you were worried about, Will, you were concerned about.
Speaker 2: Listen, brother, he almost ruined both our careers. This is not This is not the first time.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 5: The difference is that Kevin is at a point now he can get away with the ship.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: He's Kevin Hart, right, so you know people will just wait and been over back. Isn't all that There was a time when it was the biggest movie of both of our career. He was absolutely right along with ice Cube, and we had done things like a man. That was the one that really kind of caltiposed to Kevin and everybody was like.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's gonna do next? Like, what what are they gonna do next?
Speaker 5: So this was the one the biggest budget of our careers everything, And Kevin, you remember what happened?
Speaker 2: Did I? Like? Absolutely?
Speaker 6: Did we get what we were supposed to get? And did we get back to where we were supposed.
Speaker 2: To be so Envy were shooting?
Speaker 6: Did we get back to where we were supposed to be?
Speaker 2: We barely got back?
Speaker 6: Vita, why are you.
Speaker 5: Bitch all the time? You see this? This is people want to know what a producer does. Right, They asked me, this is what.
Speaker 2: A producer does. You see it? You see him smelling the coffee, trying to get you're trying to come back to life. This is what it looks like.
Speaker 1: So Kevin was supposed to be I was supposed to be here three hours early, four hours early.
Speaker 6: Boy issued. First of all, tell me why the people on radio need to know that it's radio? So you say they need a fucking breakdown.
Speaker 2: Four hours earlier.
Speaker 1: And they said Kep can't make it because he's SI and we all said, bullshit, he was drunk because he went out last night.
Speaker 6: I did not go out last night. So let's let's that's actually true.
Speaker 2: I go out last night.
Speaker 6: By the way, I do not go out. I'm forty five years old. I don't go to fucking clubs. I don't go to parties. I was working. I did promos.
Speaker 3: My weekend.
Speaker 6: I own the fucking weekend, and then I have to show face.
Speaker 2: I have to be there.
Speaker 3: My weekend. I go.
Speaker 6: We have clubs, I gotta show face.
Speaker 3: To the club.
Speaker 6: No, well, yes, no, on all seriouslys So last night, uh, you know, we're doing promo and everything for Fight Night, rolling out all of the carpet of the carpets. So before the actual premiere, we announced it. But I had to leave because I had to do Seth Myers and Seth Myers has a segment called Drinking with Seth, and you you go to a bar and Seth makes these drinks or whatever, and it's like, you know, for hour and after two hours, you're drinking throughout the interview. And you know, I don't drink anything outside of my fucking tequila at this point in my life, so you know, anything else, anything else I'm very unfamiliar with. And said, let's close it out with your tequila, but let's start it with everything. So he threw it all at me like I'm talking. It's Jaegermeister and wild Turkey. I mean we were brown, we were dark, but.
Speaker 2: You can.
Speaker 6: But you have to understand the beauty of good television. And it was a good conversation, great interview and while we're drinking for good reason behind the answers, and we we finished it with is to kill it. We went through a lot and I just don't remember the back half of the time. And that's why I didn't show up to the after party. I missed that. And this morning is to say, m I would have been here.
Speaker 4: Bro, Why couldn't you missed the after party after the garden that night? So y'all could have just got back to you.
Speaker 6: Because we weren't drinking. That's why I want somebody's being a bitch like Kevin.
Speaker 2: It was our money.
Speaker 6: We weren't fucked up like oh man, where's my jacket? We weren't just out at a show.
Speaker 2: The biggest movie of our career. Okay, where's your tampon?
Speaker 5: Jesus Christ books a show at Madison Square Guarden. He takes a comedy special in the middle of our movie.
Speaker 6: I tore while filming a movie faithfully he does.
Speaker 2: Which is not a good thing.
Speaker 5: Boys and girls like and you're looking at how to be successful, like, don't overbook yourself.
Speaker 2: That one thing about my friend here, do it because nobody's going over working. I'm a bad don't do it, Kevin. Look at his career.
Speaker 6: He's been doing wrong this whole time.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm sorry, kids.
Speaker 6: Kevin booked the fucking cloud showing Madison Square Garden take the Special and got to work and on time for the biggest movie in his career.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say, people that are listening, no, it's because you have people around you who will save you.
Speaker 2: You have folks that will save you. And that's what happened.
Speaker 5: He booked it right, and so he left the show in the middle.
Speaker 2: Of it, right, the biggest moves for Universe Studios. He leaves.
Speaker 5: But you know what he does, because this is the evil genius of Kevin Hart.
Speaker 2: He goes, hey, man, I gotta do this show.
Speaker 5: It's next week, you know, he tells me a week before he goes, hey, you know what you and Tim Story did the Like He's like, I got the jet, you know what, bring bring the wine. So my dumb ass, I'm like, you know what he brought, and you know what he said. He said that way you can make sure that we get back on time, because I knew we had to shoot the next day. So we're shooting one day. He's gonna go do the show that night, and then we had to shoot the next morning on a location we can only get that day.
Speaker 2: He's like, come with let.
Speaker 6: Us driver in Alabi.
Speaker 2: So absolutely right, absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 6: I think I was a professional because direct producer for me. You can't think I'm an asshole.
Speaker 2: They would be. Kevin has an amazing show of Masies Square Guard.
Speaker 5: All the celebs come out afterwards were after party that he did not tell me about. I'm in there with Carmelo Anthony buying bottles, going, oh, we dying tonight?
Speaker 2: We turning up tonight?
Speaker 3: Why wars have power? Why are we going to die to that?
Speaker 6: This is what? Well we're gonna die to? That means we're having a good time. You're choosing to die over life. How good of a time is that? Last night? I didn't say we're gonna die tonight.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, this is work.
Speaker 5: When I was in that club and I saw my career flashing before my eyes, because I realized there was no way we're gonna be able to get back in time. I had that moment because I'm sitting there look at keV, and I realized we're not gonna make it.
Speaker 2: And keV looks at me, he goes, well, we tried, we tried. That was it?
Speaker 5: Remember in Usual Suspects, when he realized that was sitting in front the whole time. I looked at Kevin Hart and I realized that he had convinced me, the producer and director of the movie, to get on a jet with him, so that when Universal called and said, why are y'all over budget and not able to finish the movie? And they say, well, Kevin Hart, Will Packer and Tim's story were there, so the producer went with him.
Speaker 2: It would be on me.
Speaker 5: When I was complicit, I realized that was his evil plan all in along.
Speaker 4: I called him a diabolical rascal, spawn of Satan.
Speaker 2: That's true. I love him, but that's truer words never spoken, sir.
Speaker 6: I will ask you and your listeners, what is a life without a great story. It's something that can't be talked about. It's untold. A life with our stories is nothing you need fucking stories, good and the bad. He's bitching about a great story. And by the way that story did what amplified our relationship? And look at where we are now fright night, we're talking about something else that we're yet in business and we produced and developed together. Do we get here without that moment?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: We do not.
Speaker 2: So why did you still want to be his friend after that? After you figured that out? You could have said, you know what, this relationship no longer happens.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, You need it, you need to envy.
Speaker 5: I'm so afraid that if I leave Kevin Harts Like he'll just get close right he just burn up on the spot.
Speaker 2: I just don't know what he did.
Speaker 6: Without it's close to being over it.
Speaker 7: Have brought you to that works so well because even like just here with you guys in person, it's like I could I could listen to this back of a fall day long really talking.
Speaker 5: With each other's most frequent collaborators kept one a ton of movies. I've done a ton of movies, TV projects. We haven't worked with anybody else more than we work with each other.
Speaker 6: I'll give it. I'll give will this on air and half of it is because I'm still drunk and by the way of some of the best fucking to kill it in the market. He's kind of commercial, but it's just a time to let people know smooth taste. And it comes to it. You got to understand what and why Grand Cormino is that and has been that, which is why I drink it at the level that I do. But it's not about that right now. It's not about the product. It's about the passion. Let's get to that and we'll toast it that after with Grand Cormino. But I would say this is about Will. I don't say it enough if people don't understand it, and I think they should. Uh, I don't get to where I got in career or business without the information and relationship of Will Packer, you know what I mean. Like when it came to producing and when it came to development, or it came to packaging, Will Packer is the guy that was the definition of what that was. So from the early days of think like a man, he was the producer that came to me and said, Hey, I got this thing, I want to do this thing, and I think you're the guy. And those are words words without action are just that. He put action behind the words. Everything he said he would do he did. He got the people he wrangered, wrangled, the directors, the actors, the actresses, the producer partners, writers, etc. He can figured a way to formulate and activate. And I was like, goddamn man, like, how do you do that? And he taught me. Will taught me how to do it. And as I progressed, I never forgot who he was and what he was. So our relationship today is based off of never forget, like you don't you don't forget the real side of like success attached to just care. He gave a fuck about me, then he gives more fuck about me. Now in return, I doubled down on my level of give a fuck about him. So I don't I don't want to win if I can't figure out a way to win with my brothers. So the commitment that we made was, hey, man, let's figure out a way to continue. Although keV, you're doing and you have, but how do we still do? And I love the fact that we still are, uh, and we're committed to figure out more ways to do more. And what you're seeing today is a definition of what we want people to follow through with like, we are no egos. We are help your brother so he can help you. We are that And I think it's the best story in Hollywood if people were more privy to how deep and like in depth it actually is facts, right the.
Speaker 4: Fight Night TV show, right, it shows these characters operating within a black world where they all hold power. So to your point, keV, how effective has that concept been for you both in the world of Hollywood.
Speaker 6: I think I think it hasn't been effective enough. And I think you know when you look at the ice Cube and Kevin Hart of it all are the middle common denominator packering. All right, guys, let's do this, but let's make it and Cube come in and like, there's always a through line of connectivity and that person has to be willing to go above and beyond. Fight Night is the definition of going above and beyond, all right, keV, I got this idea. The idea came after I was supposed to do Uptown Saturday Night. Uptown Saturday Night was gonna be me and Chadwick Boseman rest in peace to the legend himself. Fuck, oh my god, I had no idea. Well, I don't want to do this anymore. I can't do that without Chadwick. That project is dead to me. Will had the actual rights, the original story, the true story. So Will came to me. I said, well, I can't do a comedy because of this. Can it be serious? Can we do it in a way to where it's like a lot deeper raw real? He said, Kevin, absolutely, Hey, the podcast was points me to the podcast that he was a part of that understood, etc. All right, shit, this is like real information now real knowledge. Will. I'm a fuck with it because it's you. But let's make sure that we try to go above and beyond to package it correctly. How do we do a premium a premium cultural piece of IP that has the bandwidth to live forever? And you can't do that without big stars. To get big stars, you need real relationships. So the leverage of understanding that we both shared and that we had at the top of get the studio's commitment, get the studio to back and support, then go get the talent. I gotta be honest with you. My guy was a big part of all of that conversation, and I followed the lead of most and I think where we were collaborative was dope as fuck and the outcome was amazing. Talent configuration and now an example of what the business should follow through with, which is collaboration. Collaboration, you can win more together, you win less as an individual, How do you put yourself in a position to collaborate more? So if we can be the example of hopefully most will follow through and hopefully we can do more and people will say, oh, that's great because they do dope shit and here's an example of it. Let's do some dope shit with them. That's where I'm at in my career now. I could care less about the individual star of Kevin Hart. I'm looking for the moments. I'm looking for the IP and I'm looking for the evergreen like material. You can't do that.
Speaker 2: That part is true.
Speaker 5: I will tell you that, like Kevi has definitely reached a part in his career, a moment in his career where you know you've had success and it's like how do you grow, how do you work with people that you respect, and how do you build a machine that then empowers others. It's interesting, Charlomagne, you talked about like the world of Fight Night, Fight Night, is really about a group of hustlers, dreamers, entrepreneurs who are trying to take Atlanta and turn it into something. It's back in nineteen seventy, right, Martin Luther King had just been shot a couple of years earlier. Atlanta was like seen as a small country town that you.
Speaker 2: Had a couple of civil rights folks.
Speaker 5: Like people didn't know if it was going to be the next Charlotte or Birmingham, and nothing wrong with those cities, but it definitely wasn't looked at on the level of a global superpower or a New York Chicago LA.
Speaker 2: You know, it was Atlanta and it was not respected.
Speaker 5: But you had a group of folks, which is not unlike how Black Hollywood is right now, where you got a group of dreamers trying to figure out how do we work together now. Of course in Fight Night, you got you know, a character who's Kevin's character.
Speaker 2: He's a hustler.
Speaker 5: He's going YO, give me a shot, give me a chance. I can just turn it Lanta into something great.
Speaker 2: Chicken Man, Chicken Man.
Speaker 5: Weirdly, Sam Jackson, who plays the big gangster the Black Godfather in the show, he actually also got a dream too.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: Even though he's a big gangster's running a black mafia, his dream is saying, you know what, the white man's been holding me down for a very long time. If y'all give me a shot an opportunity, I can take over Land. I could turn it Land into a black mecca. Oddly, even though like Kevin, Sam's characters are odds for most of the.
Speaker 2: Series, the reality is that they have the same kind of a dream.
Speaker 5: That's kind of how it is right now in terms of like folks like us in Hollywood in real life.
Speaker 2: Who are all trying to work together. Is it true that Samuel Jackson was really there in Atlanta? Right there?
Speaker 6: Dog?
Speaker 2: He was at more House.
Speaker 6: Sam old as fuck.
Speaker 2: Like that.
Speaker 6: I remember, like we were we were on a call with Sam at the start of with Sam said like, yo, he liked that he would do it. We were on a call. We're going through the materials seeing what Sam said about the characters. Sam was like, yeah, man, y'all got to change a lot of the ship because more happened then. You know, I think we got the story, you know, because we you know, the podcast and everything. We got the really, motherfucker, I was there. What do you mean by that. He's very adamant about telling you where he was, what he knows. So the story of Fighting Night got better. It got so much better as we went on. Oh my god, she is the best by the way, you and me, I mean since the joke with the little Mike, we have never left that stage. You're the best, uh walking on? She gave out much to them, all this right here, got here, get this right here. I need Greek.
Speaker 3: Brother.
Speaker 6: There's a chance right now I may not make it to the end of the I'm giving you everything I got to try to say, tell you.
Speaker 2: Always makes it. It's going to fall off to did you did you see your You know.
Speaker 4: We look at the iron the war finish, look at this man, I mean, and is that cha?
Speaker 2: Sam and Chadwick and Ca Wow. On the scale weill as far as size because he'd be small. But is that that crazy?
Speaker 6: He just told that story? What story is one thousand percent accurate?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 6: For the listeners, if you guys, go watch Don't Funk This Up, which is a document to documentary documenting on that documentary on Netflix about when I went through like some of my worst times in the business and the things that I was juggling during the duration of that time. You'll see me and Chadwick actively meeting about uptown Saturday night, Me and Chadwick before before us going to the final stages, we wanted to make sure that we were on the same page with the characters, the story, and the development. And Chadwick was an active producer in it. He had his partners there. You'll see it, and don't funk this up.
Speaker 5: So the fact that y'all got a mural right with him, with keV Hart and Chadwick and then Sam Jackson, who he ended up making that same project with, that's insane.
Speaker 6: That's insane, you know what, man, And and I don't do this often, but I'm going to drink a shot of Grand Cormino to that.
Speaker 2: It's a moment.
Speaker 6: It's a moment of understanding. It's a moment of understanding, and it's a moment of celebration. Man, that right there is celebrator.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 6: And I just want to take a shot to get.
Speaker 2: Lets do we all need a shot?
Speaker 1: You and you and you said it did that your feet didn't touch the ground. Now with charlatans a chair.
Speaker 6: I'm selling a chair. Sorry, I never said I said, I never said an game about my feet.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry he said it wasn't to scale. It's not just sc said, yes, HBC.
Speaker 1: I knew this anytime will pack come because he always stays family. So I put the hampt University.
Speaker 2: You know, it's crazy.
Speaker 6: A lot of old niggas that can't let college go, a lot of old niggas that refused to just accept this over envy.
Speaker 2: When you when you wear a cat that never went to any school at all. He didn't go to a historically.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you what I didn't, and this is why, like you guys are the example of what you don't want to be.
Speaker 2: It's over your culture.
Speaker 6: You don't let it go.
Speaker 2: Come on, let it be. No Where did you go?
Speaker 6: She didn't?
Speaker 2: I thought I was trying to university? There you go, Delaware State. That's just a bunch of niggas. Don't care Delaware State.
Speaker 4: You know what I wanted to ask you, Yes, sir, how do you manage all these big as personalities?
Speaker 2: Roger bitch, Samuel Jackson? How do you do it?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, cheers. First, let me you know, did you drink? What are you doing?
Speaker 6: I was.
Speaker 2: I'm a Christian. That can't be Jesus with the family. This is not wine. This is not Jesus. Can't turn this and then nothing. We're not gonna do it in the area. Don't you don't, Chris Man, I'm a Christian, Kevin, don't do it. Drink the Lord.
Speaker 6: Don't you want miss an impulse?
Speaker 2: Did? Let me see?
Speaker 8: I never poured him one Look at that, yo, real, you don't know what he do to.
Speaker 2: Me every day. Took him down.
Speaker 7: I didn't pour him a shot, so he ain't taking nothing.
Speaker 6: Really, I'm saying, as punishment, give a big shot.
Speaker 2: You don't I do? Like my brother is Workotte Man? All right, I'm with you. Listen. You talked about the big person out.
Speaker 5: That's that is the hardest part of the job as a producer, you know what I mean? And in real talk, it's it's awesome when you got somebody like keV who gets it, who understands at the end of the day with the bigger pictures, but a lot of time, okay, if it's you know, Hollywood music, you know stock market, whatever it is, the people say, you say, right.
Speaker 2: Air, can you so you argue with kem though, because he seems like he's a lot. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 6: The least problem that you will ever have in any work environment, that's unproblematic.
Speaker 2: He's a problem. I mean.
Speaker 5: The challenge with Kevin is that he will overdo things right. He would do things like have a show a massive square garden at the same time that we have a big scene in our movie. Now, he's definitely he's not He's not a moderation guy, you know what I mean. That's part of the cheese. That's why I'm here on the breakfast club. You're eating this this turkey saying was trying to get some grease.
Speaker 2: In his cut. It didn't burn you. At least let it cool a little bit. Come on, animal, This is what I needed? Is that what Hollywood? I can't take him.
Speaker 4: He's done a phenomenal job as Chicken Man, but I can't take him serious and dramas because it just always seems like always jokes.
Speaker 5: But can't tell you something real talk. Chicken Man is his best work yet. I'm telling you. You look at what he's doing with his eyes, and you know a lot of people. You know, it's known that comedians they pulled from pain, right, and that's how they deflect, and that's where a lot of the comedy comes from Kevin exception. But the reality is that when he said we gotta do this as a drama, that was a big risk because people say, all right, fight not Kevin Hart starring there, let's go.
Speaker 2: I'm ready to laugh, like you said, Charlotte Main. But the reality is that this is serious.
Speaker 5: Now you have moments of levity, but the tone make no mistake, is dramatic, like it goes there.
Speaker 6: I don't want to sound like an asshole, but this may sound asshole ish, right, it may sound assholely.
Speaker 2: You gave it to him.
Speaker 6: It's a big jump to the audience that watches of what a talent is doing. If you're not used to it. A talent knows what's in their fucking bag. You know what you can ring, well, you know who you can call, you know what you can package and do. The operation at task to drama is project based. You give me a great project, and in the project, I'm supposed to be serious and I'm supposed to have a cadence of and it is such a great piece of material that I choose to do, I'll do it the best of my ability. That's called the talent. That's a town's choice, in a town's decision, it's what are you what are you fucking factoring in to you making the decision. I'm not doing it in an environment where it won't be cool, collective and fucking like dope. If I can't work with great people, I can't work with great directors, great producers, great writers, then I don't want to do it. I'm at a point in my life where it's about having a good time. This project is relationship based. Every aspect of this project is formulated off a relationship.
Speaker 2: That's really by the way, everybody said that too.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I was just gonna say because castuck, Like a lot of people ask, oh, with that cast, you had to back up the truck, right, And by the way, you do right.
Speaker 2: These folks deserve you know.
Speaker 5: And I'm very proud of the fact that you know, as a black producing the business, I definitely take care of folks that look like us and make sure that I pay them on par with their counterparts and their peers. But Kevin is absolutely right. You don't do a show like this unless you want to, right. Sam Jackson is not doing it for the check, right, And don Cheeto's not doing it because he's available. They do it because they want to work with certain people because it's subject matter that speaks to them and that is very, very important. And the other thing, you know, Charlot Mane, you brought a good point that I want to just hit on real quick in terms of like the egos and all of that.
Speaker 2: You got to make sure that.
Speaker 5: Everybody understands that the ultimate goal is everybody's goals. Because once people start thinking, Okay, this is for me, and I got to be focused on my own goal and not the greater good, then you will never win.
Speaker 2: You got to get people to working as a team.
Speaker 5: That's why as a producer you're like a coach, you're like a general manager. You got to get everybody to understand that their goals aligned with your goals. By the way, that is true in any industry, not just Hollywood.
Speaker 6: But you also need, respectfully, you also need you need a collaborative figure at the top to say, I'm gonna make sure that no matter what I'm I'm on a layer and level where everybody can understand and it we're all the same, Like I'm not coming into a project on my dick on the table. For lack of a better word, I'm not Yeah, y'all know what I am. I don't do that. I'm saying I'm about the greater good for all. So I come in head in hand and I bow down to all talent on the set because I'm so grateful that the talent is fucking choosing to do whatever the project is that I'm a part of. So for Sam Jackson, I bow down. Goddamn legend, you should get the respect that you deserve. Don Cheetle, I bow down to Rojjie. I bowed down.
Speaker 2: Awkward.
Speaker 5: I mean, listen, Pa, Kevin harts down. We call it down woman, right. She is his right hand, is also his mistress, and so there is a scene worded better well, well she's a down one.
Speaker 6: What I'm saying is I have no problem with being equal, and I think, once again I gonna I'm gonna highlight this as much as I possibly can. That's the version of the example that I want to get out there. I want the collaborative side of our culture connecting. I want us to understand we are so much better together. I want us to understand the premium factor of us doing things together is so much better than the individual trying to be one.
Speaker 1: Do you challenge yourself to do things outside of this comedy?
Speaker 2: Said, I just don't want this comedic role. I want this serious role. Do you challenge yourself or do you just take roles that come?
Speaker 6: None of it is a challenge. By the way I'm developing the things that I do. Nothing is coming to me. I'm creating the things, or I'm a part of the process of how it gets to the final stages. I'm at that point. But I have no desire for the star of Kevin Hart to get bigger. I don't give a fuck. That's what's so gone and done with. I'm more about the success of others, the success of the entity, the success of the brand, and more importantly, the success of what we represent and what we can look back and say we did. That's bigger now than a conversation of myself. I did it. I'm done. What else am I going to do at this point?
Speaker 2: Go in two minutes?
Speaker 4: Actually, we got to get I want to I want to have both of them to do this well. They're hard to find someone to play Muhammad Ali And did you ever consider Will Smith?
Speaker 5: Very very challenging, right and I think that you got to understand.
Speaker 2: You know, obviously that's an icon. He's been portrayed before.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 5: For us, it was about finding a newcomer that wouldn't pull you out because these other characters you didn't know. Nobody knew Chicken Man Kevin Hart's character, or or Vivian to Right's character, or Frank Moulton. You know Sam's character, but you know everybody knows Muhammad Ali. So I think to have somebody in that role who you had some familiarity with and who you associated with something else would have pulled you out. And we really wanted to immerse you even with these big stars. We really wanted to take you to a time period right fifty years ago and really drop you in and be as authentic as possible. And we've paid a lot of attention to the detail and the nuances to try to get this thing right right. Yeah, come on, man, this cast and by the way, not just the big names that you know, like Oh Dexter, Dark Dexter, You're gonna be hearing a lot from him. There's some young gunners in this cast that you're gonna be hearing that I predict you're gonna look back and go. Yo. Remember when so and so went toe to toed with with Kevin Hard and Sam Jackson.
Speaker 2: Yes, Melvin Gregg, Miles.
Speaker 5: Bullet, Koe Bailey does her thing, yet Lloyd Harvey jumps in the future.
Speaker 2: L Yeah. My wife said that.
Speaker 3: I was like, I don't think that's Laura, because you like you look so different.
Speaker 6: But I think I think that you're You're singing amazing example of baton passing. You're you're looking at people that are established, have been established for so long, and Sam and Taraji and Terrence and Don and then you also have the second tear of talent that is a valuable piece of this puzzle where they're toe to toe with the big names and you don't blink an eye. You understand why everybody is there, and you respect the talent on screen, and you still respect the story. You're never taken outside of the story. So I think that for that younger generation that we were able to on board, it's a great example of what we want to do. We want to be the example for the next generation, the bridge. We want to be the example for global success for or the new star that popped on If we're part of those stories, how dope is that? Like, that's the biggest side of the conversation of Once Reese, celst Jalen Hall.
Speaker 2: These are names you're gonna know. I got a zoom zoomy.
Speaker 6: I was here. I'll be like you were. You can't mean.
Speaker 2: What I'm telling you. This is why I meant. It's like this actual age to what you're going back on a big star at age now, Well, I don't know if you know you don't kick me out of one of his show, kick you out of you had your phone, kicked me out.
Speaker 1: They threw me out, And as they're throwing me out, I'm yelling, cav is me because I know what you can go by.
Speaker 6: That's why we should have kicked you out.
Speaker 2: Brother.
Speaker 3: Come on.
Speaker 1: That's the Hampton family and kids, So you know, sometimes you gotta check your phone to make.
Speaker 5: Sure you're good the show you knew. Come on, I gotta I gotta signe with cave on this brother, Come on, man.
Speaker 6: Come into a common show is an intensative environment. And by the way, my acting my Age tour, it's a very dope fucking thing going on right now. It's a premium ticket with a dope experience and in that experience for an hour and a half. Check out out check out a lad?
Speaker 2: Did you see it was in me? Did you know it was him? I'm saying.
Speaker 6: What I'm saying to you is people people kill me, like when you act as if rules don't exist for a dope reason. Phones are a bad experience. Phones are taking over the intimate appeal of life and lifestyle. Like your phone has checked you out of every experience you or the concerts. People watch the concert through their fucking phone. You're looking at the.
Speaker 5: Concert for an artists that's trying to put out new content, right, and then everybody can just watch it on YouTube.
Speaker 2: It totally diminishes respect.
Speaker 3: Just like come out.
Speaker 6: To put your phones off, you lock them up in that moment, and you're such a dope sho.
Speaker 5: You had that privilege, They had that life scare privilege.
Speaker 2: See you thought he was like a me mvy you did that.
Speaker 6: I don't even know what a couple of He's the lightest envious, right expectation, is one of the lightest operators of the path.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you're like, you're not white, Yeah, yeah, you get confused.
Speaker 9: He envy is the guy you believe they're doing.
Speaker 7: Monique and Lee Daniels just sit the deliverance. Are we ever going to see a reconciliation with you and her? Because she I don't know, I know that there's no problem. No, but she has said that, like I know when she was doing club and they talked about it and she was talking about the phone call that happened from your team or whatever. Right, is there ever going to be a conversation that we hear you talk about? Where y'all to have another conversation about that and move forward.
Speaker 6: I'll challenge your question with a better question.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 6: You hear me talk about anyone? Do you ever hear anything bad come from me? No? So information can be one sided. A perception can never be one sided. It's always a duality. It's it's your side versus another. And if there's not a common ground, that means that means one hasn't been attempted to like be met. So there's no problem between me and Monique, there never will be. There's no problem between me and anybody else. There's nothing to reconcile, there's no there's no problem. So all these problems that have been attached to Kevin Hart, they're one sided. I don't have a problem with anybody.
Speaker 5: I agree with that people right to have a conflict because that's the reality.
Speaker 2: I can tell you that.
Speaker 5: Like, there's a perception that like if somebody comes out and says something that like, you know, me and Kevins behind the scenes said that we're.
Speaker 2: Not doing that. That's what.
Speaker 6: Social media has fucked us up to the point of you hear is what you're forced to believe. Gotcha, you do not understand? Like the common ground for truth is always a conversation. And if there ever is a conversation, do you're not forward facing in a public statement ever, Like I didn't say anything about what I did or what I did for Monique or my gestures, you never would have heard. It's it's a one sided version or reason for and by the way, i'ven overbuttal to it. I stand on the side of I'm unproblematic and if me and Moe want to do or could do or would do, we will. But that's a me and Mo thing, like this new thing that people are like, let me tell you something, world that's like that. I want to be honest, I'm forty.
Speaker 2: Five years old.
Speaker 6: By the way, team or not, it's not hard to fucking find me, like, you know what my schedule is online?
Speaker 2: So she hasn't hit you.
Speaker 7: Since all of that stuff.
Speaker 6: Me and Monique have had com sations, and those are me and Monique's conversations before and after. That's called adulting. I don't. I don't unadult So all of these new ways of conversation and finger pointing, it's very easy. You know what cortminos in Because I'm gonna say some dope ship all right, Everybody points to the fucking moon because nobody knows what it's like to be at the moon and for the moon to look down. Everybody sees it this way, but nobody sees it the other. There's only a couple of people that have been down here and looked at the moon and said I'm going and went and looked down from So if you don't stand the version of eyesight from both sides, but then you're near side, you got you got one vision. I don't have tunnel vision. I have an equal vision of understanding. But if you can't understand the moon side, how do you speak as if you do? That's not that's not life, that's not adulting.
Speaker 3: So I've they.
Speaker 6: Don't even fucking how many astronauts that have walked on the moon. But everybody speaks if they know what the is on the move. Everybody talks like they know it's up there. You don't know what's up there. You never walked up there. You don't know what it's like to be up there and look down and see what Earth is like from there. So it's only a couple of people that do. When you are on a different side of life and you speak to those that are on that side, is if you know what they're doing or why they did it, you're one sided. You can't speak on my fucking reasons as if you know what my reasons are for, you can't speak on my business choice, my business choices, professional choices, more importantly, lifestyle choices, if you don't know what the fuck my life is.
Speaker 4: But you know, that's what I like about the movie Fighting That right, because it seems like they show each character in the movie as a hero in their own story, but a villain in somebody else's.
Speaker 5: It's a super complicated narrative, which are my favorite kinds because you're protagonist, right, Your quote unquote heroes are very gray and are very flawed like in real life, and you're antagonists are people that you root for. Those are my favorite kinds of narratives. I love that because we all know the world is not black and white, right, and so you're absolutely right, it's about complex people at a complex time.
Speaker 2: And that's really what the show was.
Speaker 6: What a successful Now before you do that, I just want the world to get to a better place of understanding, Like, stop taking the bait. It's bait. Bait is unnecessary. Like if people really have problems, they talk amongst themselves, there are no conversations among themselves, then it's not real problems.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that simple.
Speaker 5: No, Kevin's right, I mean, and Kevin's big and a lot of us are on real interactions, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And you got a lot of people out there right now. They're trying to win the internet.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: I just when when.
Speaker 5: The Internet, I got the most clicks, I got the most likes, and you know, let's win real life.
Speaker 2: Let's focus on real things.
Speaker 5: So whatever conversation he may have, I may have, somebody else may have, and it doesn't have to be for this.
Speaker 2: You told me a while ago, he said, and you shut the fuck up.
Speaker 6: Well, I'll tell you a lot.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 6: I told you that because he's like, you're explaining yourself to who?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 6: Who listened? By the way, is like, who are you talking to? Like when you there's nothing that annoys me more when people do this right here, everybody's been asking, so let me go. I'm saying the order you get. You started to realize, man.
Speaker 5: Box that matters, and we obsessed on the negative. I hate to say that, but you'll be you post something and get one hundred positive comments.
Speaker 2: Man, you walking down you look good, but.
Speaker 5: It'd be three people that'll say something sideways and no, be's the one. Those will be the ones that you respond to, that you obsess over, that you focus on, right, not the other one.
Speaker 6: It's not a bigger supporter for the movement of people doing good shit and Monique Lee Daniels reconciling that relationship. However, it happened Great Dope for them, did a movie together after great story Dope for them. I want to see more keep doing great ship. The conversation of anything else negative attached to a person's and their reservations of feelings. To me, I want to see nothing but good for all, Like I would love to see us all win. I would love to see us all at the table where we all can do. If it happens great. If it doesn't, I guess it wasn't meant to be. But you can't have a fucking stance of negativity and like also like a real fucking initiative to move forward and like motivate, inspire, create, or do whatever. You can't be both. So it's either like you're one or the other. And if you are a part of creativity, inspiration, collaboration, motivation, connectivity, then that has to be it. And whatever you gather along the way, and whoever you align yourself with along the way, well y'all all a part of the same story. If things fall apart through the duration of it wasn't meant to be. On that train. Some people miss a train. It's just life. Some people don't make it and time to catch the train. And the train that's gonna go is.
Speaker 2: Going to go.
Speaker 6: Why do you think trains can't stop fast? They're moving. So either you're on the train, but you're not. And if you didn't catch the next train, that's life.
Speaker 5: Feel like we went back to the moon because it was something about my guy, my guy, you want to talk about some impressive words.
Speaker 1: Got Kevin put some words on what makes it successful? Because you know, Hollywood and changed before was blockbuster movies, but now, I mean, there's so many other platforms to put your movie on. So what is successful for?
Speaker 5: But you know there's still quant quantitative metrics that they use to determine quantitative learn that should you brother just just.
Speaker 2: What is it? Uh?
Speaker 5: Because reality is that you still have ways that you can determine how, you know, how many people watched it, if the audience was into it, if they were engaged, and that stuff is important and so that is definitely a part of what we do.
Speaker 2: Honestly though right now it's about I just want people to.
Speaker 5: Feel stuff, you know what I mean. I want to feel like we're touching the culture, you know. I want to feel like whatever it is that we do, we don't have people feel like we wasted their time.
Speaker 2: That's that's the point that.
Speaker 3: We have.
Speaker 2: Got to get it. We gotta get Do you have colors you like to use?
Speaker 3: Asklee Daniels as a producer.
Speaker 4: And when I say colors, I mean like artists are there's certain artists you like to use because they're like you amused.
Speaker 6: They help you paint the picture.
Speaker 2: That you would use within it within a piece.
Speaker 3: Film.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I think that. Well, obviously is the director. I'm a producer. Yeah, absolutely, I think that set the mood and the theme thematically. It's very important to have, first of all, everybody be on the same page about what the vision is going to be right, and also to make sure that the ultimate vision fits the execution and so you know, like, for instance, we wanted it to look a certain way right light.
Speaker 10: You know, No, you ain't gotta break it down because Kevin, they coming in here to drag your ass.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're done, We're good.
Speaker 2: We appreciate it. Real talk. We appreciate y'all like real talk. We appreciate you. The malleability that that's another word, that malleability.
Speaker 5: What it means that they were flexible, that they worked with us, they weren't rigid.
Speaker 6: Well, I'll tell you what. The HBCUs that you both went to are better without you this inclusion.
Speaker 2: Inclusion.
Speaker 6: The big takeaways for audience are very simple, man. The first one, of course, is Fight Night now now streaming on Peacock. Do yourself a service and us a favor, go watch it. A very good fucking show, an amazing story that I think should have been told a long time ago, but for the city of Atlanta that we all know in love is a great highlight of how Atlanta got to be what it is now. Fact, understanding the early stages of it, understanding the origin for us all, especially people of color culture, we need to know. It's a great story.
Speaker 5: Eight parts eight part limits is three parts out right now dropping one per week.
Speaker 2: If you're like a lot of us, you're looking for what's.
Speaker 5: That next series I can really get into and really get into the characters and follow it.
Speaker 2: We're challenging you. Let this be a next series.
Speaker 6: I would say, that's that's thing one, Thing two Yo, God's collaboration, egos, et cetera. Ask yourself, what version are you? What side are you on? Are you on the side of that? Are you on the side of this? Pick one? Pick one and be that or identify what you are and make a change right the other side. Hey man, this internet shit is getting out of control. It's fucking like it's out of control, just from an understanding of real versus not real reality and like false reality. Ask yourself which version. Are you on? Are you clickbait? Are you fucking real your relationships? There's real communication. Without that, nothing else matters, Nothing else matters. I didn't fucking not tell them to contact or not do Hey, man, I'm gonna push you back. I'm fucked up. The false communication would be I can't man, just do whatever. You figure out what it is and what and then the relationship kind of falls apart based off of an idea that you are giving yourself a moment to create. Stop it. Let's get back to a place of understanding relationships. Relationship. It's my fucking brother, and I love the fact that me and my brother are great examples of what dope relationships should be. We will continue to do what we do, and we'll do it at a high level. And I can't wait for the world to see not only this, but what the things in the future will be.
Speaker 5: Bam, I want you to go. That's the last thing I was saying. I tell you to vote for but we will be remissive. We didn't get on this platform and say that is real. It's real, and these are challenging time to make your voice heard one way or another, it matters. You can tell me you kamalaer, I'm no question I appreciate that black man because we need more of us saying that.
Speaker 2: But that's my choice, that's what I choose to do. I need everybody's publishing my shoes to start cleaning up. But you would agree with the poort the vote right would like I'll say, sig go they pulling me out here. Well, thank you, family, appreciate you'all. It's the Breakfast Club. Wake that answer in the morning.
Speaker 3: The Breakfast Club