Speaker 1: M Jack Brindle, You were talking trashy, who isn't you know, getting a little bit of that trash talk out there?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: But yeah, me and Jake are It's always a one on one battle every day with me and him.
Speaker 2: Who can be who who can get to point a point B quicker? You know?
Speaker 1: So love love uh competing against Jake every day. How it was it to see dra I mean, it's good. I've been seeing him all off season, you know, him doing his rehab here, me training here, so I've been following him along, keeping experience high. You know, he's been doing great rehabs, going amazing. So it's good to uh see him out there throw the ball around a little bit. It's fun concerning it all to Nazi Trent Williams out there today.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 1: I mean, shoot, that's one of our best players, one of our leaders, you know. But we understand the business side of it. You know, this is our our first rodeo. This is a curse and a blessing to have this many great players uh part of our team, and so you you know, well we'll get it figured out.
Speaker 2: Where you've you've.
Speaker 3: Seen no eric to beastick.
Speaker 2: They get cut.
Speaker 3: You just check got a bay cut, do you guys? You know, is that kind of given alert throughout? A lot of the finances are getting a little tight in there.
Speaker 2: No, no, I wouldn't say so. We don't.
Speaker 1: We don't focus on those things. You know, as players, we just focus on being the best version of ourselves. Every year it's different, you know, the team's different. Even though you wanna, you know, believe that, you know, the team is as similar as it was the year before or the year before that. It's always a new team every single year. You know, you got your core players, but I mean it's it's always a new team. You gotta uh, this is the time during training camp to really, you know, bond the team together and bring the new guys along, guys who've been here continuing to set the standard and uphold it.
Speaker 2: You know. So we're not we're not worried about any of the other stuff.
Speaker 1: It's only been water practice. But you're really excited about d winners and how he was during Ota. Is how do you live today? You know, it's a little different when you're actually out there running around versus just being on the sideline watching. So I gotta watch the tape, but I mean, like I said before, super excited about d you know, in his progress as a as a player, you know, going from year one to year two. That's always when you know you want to see a player take that jump in their game, and he's setting himself up great to continue to make that step.
Speaker 3: Patrick buwis getting inducted next week and do the All Fame as a fellow linebacker.
Speaker 2: What sort of stood out about the way he played again, one of the best to ever do it.
Speaker 1: You know, when you when you talk about linebacker play, you're always gonna talk about the way that it's supposed to be the game is supposed to be played at that position, you know, and he did it through and through with the tenacity, the speed, the violence. You talk about what the league has kind of evolved into and linebackers who can do it all who who run the four four? I mean I don't run four four, but he ran four four And so you know that type of linebacker playing with that speed, that violence, the physicality that you want to see. You know, he did it at such a high level here and that's what I'm always chasing. I'm so happy for him getting that gold jacket. You know, super well deserved.
Speaker 3: Kittle was touting Sorens from yesterday, and I know you're a fan of Sowrens, and why is Nick the right guy for that for this job right now?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: You know, I feel like he's just taking the right steps, you know. He Uh, he came in with super humble obviously played the game for a really long time.
Speaker 2: Really smart cat.
Speaker 1: But just because you play the game for a long time doesn't mean you automatically translate into a great coach. But the ones that I've seen who've been great, like the Demico Ryans of the world, are guys who can teach the game right and so uh and who can also stand in front of a group of men and command the command the room. And we saw that with how he did the ball meet in front of the team, you know. And he's just been such a knowledgeable guy to learn from myself, you know, having him a part of the group, And so when he got the elevation and be in DC, I knew it was gonna be a perfect fit. And I'm really excited to have him lead our group. Is Roca bumped up to you from the Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just kidding, don't know. Yeah, sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, he's looking like a like a third year veteran, you know what I'm saying. He's carrying himself with that confidence, man, And I'm super excited for Brock obviously having the the full off season to get better, you know, and being the guy he knows that.
Speaker 2: So I'm, you know, super excited for Brock.
Speaker 3: Run defense wasn't up to the team standard last Year's at a point of emphasis this year and hasn't looking so far.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, I feel like there's all there's a bunch of different areas of m uh that we can improve from last season, you know, run defense being one of them. And you know, I feel like the great thing about training camp is you gotta continue to stack days. You know, not one day's not gonna fine you in in a training camp practice, but you gotta continue to see where you know things went wrong at the end of the day or what you what you can do better and correct your mistakes. I mean, that's how you continue to grow as a player and as a defense, as a group, as a team. It's continuing to to grow and strive for to get better every single day.
Speaker 3: Yeah uh more.
Speaker 2: A handful of guys have gone through every single.
Speaker 1: Recently appreciated playofflaw since at any point during that.
Speaker 2: And give what said, yep, I don't.
Speaker 1: I nah, you know, I understand the question. But it's like you know, I talk about it often. It's Uh, it's one of those things where y you can't go into a year thinking like damn, like I hope we can we can make that that next step right, Like.
Speaker 2: You go into it.
Speaker 1: You want to obviously give yourself a chance to begin with, with the type of players that you're bringing on to the team. You want to steal a culture within that team, you know, to be able to even make it to the tournament. And then once you get there, you want to play the best, the best football you can in order to give yourself a chance to win that game. Right, And it's only one game. This isn't the NBA Finals where you get seven chances. Like, You've got one game to play at your best, and every single rep in that game counts, right, So I mean, the last thing on our mind is is just making.
Speaker 2: It back there.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Like, we're trying to put together the best team possible for when, if, if, and when that moment does come, we got to be the best version of ourselves when we get.
Speaker 3: There, and then you know, you talked about in the past kind of that climb, what it takes to get back to that point?
Speaker 2: Does it because you've done it so many times?
Speaker 3: Does it feel more daunting or is it like at least I know what it takes to get there, Like, how do you kind.
Speaker 2: Of reconcile that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's it's brutal, I'll be honest, you know, just complete honesty. It's brutal because, like you know, in order to get to where you wanna go, like this part right here that we're in, it's gotta suck. That's point blank period, Like, it's gotta hurt. It's gotta suck. If it doesn't, that means you're not doing it hard enough, you're not doing it right, especially the way that we do it here with the forty nine ers, Like it's gotta be physical, You're gonna be tired, and you know, and you do that every single day for a long period of time, then you build a callous and you continue to strive as a group to be the best.
Speaker 2: Version of yourselves.
Speaker 1: And I know, if we're doing that better than all thirty all all the other thirty two teams, and I think we're gonna give ourselves the best chance to win games on Sundays working with your position group. Is it good to see Ronald player out there? Oh? Yeah, man, I seen, I seen Blair Oh yesterday, I said, man, congrats, you know, getting the spot and being on the team. So it's it's so great to have him. I know he's he's gonna help the group a lot the coaching stuff, you know, just energy, you know, being being a young guy and being so knowledgeable about the game. You know, I remember coach Sala he loved Ronald uh as a player just because of what he could do mentally, uh, being able to do it all, doing things the right way. And I think he can help a lot of the young guys and even some of the veterans to continue to strive to be their best self.
Speaker 3: Really know, you've had a mom in the offseason where you know, obviously the presence like Eric Armstead isn't here anymore. But being that today's the first day of training camp, do you kind of feel that that void there?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: No, I mean, like I said before, you know, the team's different every year, I love Eric to death.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: He was a huge part of what we did. Obviously was a Niner through and through in the way that he did things. You know, he's moved on to Jacksonville, and so we got to obviously continue to strive to progress, you know, as a group on defense, obviously in that D Line room. But God step up every single year, you know, and take on new roles, and you know, I don't gotta do anything different on my side.
Speaker 2: I just do what I do.
Speaker 1: But I'm really excited about that D Line group and who we have, right cool, Thanks guys,