Speaker 1: Hey, it's Delilah. Thank you for stopping by. I have put together some of my favorite radio moments here to share with you on our daily podcast. Hey it's Delilah. I'm so glad you're here. It's no secret Santa Claus is coming to town. You can meet me right here each weekday for holiday audio, hugs and gifts in the form of your memories, your stories, things you anticipate, and.
Speaker 2: Your traditions all season long.
Speaker 3: Hi, good evening, Welcome to the Delilah Show. Is this Marie?
Speaker 4: Yes, it is Hello.
Speaker 3: Happy holidays, Merry Christmas.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to say my angel story.
Speaker 3: Tell me your story.
Speaker 4: It was Christmas last year and our family has always struggled with money, but last year it was really hard. And on Christmas Eve, my friend Julie came over to give me my Christmas present, and she and I had planned this out just right. So a few weeks before, she and I went shopping and bought all the needs that my family had, including food and stuff like that. And while Julie was at my housegiving, she and I had planned somebody to leave his food and stuff at our door outside, so when she opened the door to lease, she and I both acted as surprise as we could, and my mom looked down the stairs and started crying, and I smiled, and we bought all the stuff in as Julie left, my mom and I were still all happy as can be, and we were watching a Christmas movie and the doorbell rang about nine forty five pm and we went down Wait.
Speaker 3: Wait, First off, how old are you? I am seventeen, so you were sixteen? This was last year?
Speaker 4: Yes. We went downstairs and we opened the door and there was two black garbage bags full of gifts for all of our family, and I couldn't believe. I started crying. My mom started crying, and I went to bed like happy as ever, and I thought it was going to be a great Christmas. But at six o'clock in the morning, I heard the doorbell and I went outside and my mom was standing at the door, and she looked like she'd seen a ghost. I was all worried, so I ran down the stairs and she opened the door more all the way and my mouth fell open, and I couldn't believe that there was a fireplace out on our steps, and it was made out of cardboard, and all around there there was presence everywhere. We just couldn't believe how many we saw, and we left count there was so many, and so that Christmas it was really hard for my mom. She didn't think she was able to do much, but there was so much other going on that.
Speaker 3: First you and your friend, yeah, and then somebody else that you don't know, and then somebody's some Misanta.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly. It was amazing, like incredible.
Speaker 2: Wow, three visits by angels.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, it was amazing.
Speaker 2: Let me find a great song for you.
Speaker 3: Merry Christmas, Thank you, Helloa.
Speaker 5: My name is Lenni Lenny Welcome.
Speaker 2: What can I do for you tonight as we celebrate the season.
Speaker 5: Wonderful season. I have a short story I'd like to share with you. Many years ago, I graduated from nursing school and I moved back in with my family for a little while, and we went to a Christmas Eve service was below zero, icy, and when we came out of the service, it started to snow and somehow we slipped into a ditch. Could not move the car, so we got out in our little stockings and little pumps that were about an inch I and walked this glorious neighborhood with about two or three hundred people, the only light on that we found. The family welcomed us into their home, gave us hot chocolate treats, let us use the phone, and it turned out to be a Jewish family celebrating Hanukkah that.
Speaker 3: Evening, and the miracle of lights was shared. Absolutely, what a great story, what a great memory.
Speaker 5: Is something I'll never forget, and it lives in.
Speaker 3: Your heart as real as if it were yesterday.
Speaker 5: Yes, because the world has changed so today, and I wonder if that whatever happened again.
Speaker 3: Of course it would somewhere. The world has changed, people have reached out in a myriad of ways and crossed boundaries that they never would have before. This is true, and the love that has been shown, the stories I hear, I mean I could write movies. I could write books every night from listeners like you who call in and share amazing stories of people simply reaching out and doing small things, but with so much love.
Speaker 5: And a lot less fear.
Speaker 3: So though the world has changed and evil has grown, love has grown exponentially as well. Amen, you have a blessed season. Thank you for calling, Hunt.
Speaker 5: Thank you God bless you, and have a great holiday.
Speaker 3: You two, Hunt.
Speaker 2: Wanda Merry Christmas.
Speaker 6: Merry Christmas, Delilah.
Speaker 2: Tell me your Christmas story.
Speaker 6: Well, I grew up in a house that can on even described as Tanna's workshop. My mother changes everything out from Christmas, including the toilet seat covers and the shower curtains.
Speaker 2: And she has a santed toilet seat cover.
Speaker 6: Yes, when it's down, it has Santo with his glove and it says ho ho ho.
Speaker 4: And when you.
Speaker 6: Flip it up like it to go to the restroom, it has him covering his eyes. It says, oh, oh, oh, oh.
Speaker 3: That's now I've heard of it. That's as bad as the singing toilet paper.
Speaker 6: She has the the Christmas toilet paper nut doesn't sing. But then the shower curtain has Santa in the shower with the elves covering parts with a brush and his towel looking away.
Speaker 3: So Mom goes all out for the holidays.
Speaker 6: All out. And each year growing up, we used to go out to this wonderful Christmas tree farm that when my dad knew the owner, and we go out the day after Thanksgiving to pick out our tree, and we go early in the morning and tag our tree because we knew we'd be there all day, because they always chatted and want my mom.
Speaker 3: And the kids ran through the trees and played and got all muddy while mom and.
Speaker 2: Dad drank hot cocoa and talked to all their friends.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 6: Actually I ended up working off the tree every year. I just thought it was so much fun. I ran the shaker, put the tree in a shaker and turn it on, and then rake up all the needles and then help them bag the trees.
Speaker 3: So you enjoyed working while everybody else was out running through the trees.
Speaker 6: I just enjoyed watching everybody. So at the end of the day, well, my dad would try and actually pay for a tree to go. Was always like, no, she's worked it off.
Speaker 3: She worked, so you got a free tree because of your hard work. Well, you have a wonderful Christmas this year. Thank you for calling.
Speaker 2: Thank you the merry Christmas.
Speaker 3: Wanda, Hi Liz, Hi, welcome aboard. How are you this evening?
Speaker 7: I'm fine? How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm wonderful. I hear you have a wonderful Christmas tradition to share with me.
Speaker 7: Yes, my sister and I her and her husband live down the street and they come over for dinner probably about once a week. You know, the four of us were all very close, and one night in particular, it was probably, you know, just after Thanksgiving, and the boys were out doing their thing, and I was home with my girls, and my sister had come over and we Mike. She helped me decorate my house and my Christmas tree, and we sat down at the kitchen table, just lit by all the Christmas lights, nothing else, and we sat down, we were drinking some wine and listening to your show, and every Christmas song that came on, we just would start to, you know, tear up and get emotional, and we just kind of reminisce about our childhood and we just had such a wonderful night. It was just, you know, just full of memories and just being silly and all that. And so we decided that every year we were going to do that, and sure enough, this year we did. We sat down, they came over and we decorated my house again, and we did the same thing. And the difference was that this year something something terrible. It happened to my husband this summer. He was involved in a very bad fall, and miraculously he is okay, you know, So that was one of the things that we were just counting our blessings this year that thank God, you know that he's okay, and that four of us were together again, and so.
Speaker 3: All those all those songs, all those stories, all those memories mean even a thousand times more.
Speaker 7: Oh absolutely absolutely. We were sitting there saying to ourselves, you know, as bad as it was that had happened over the summer, could you imagine if it happened now, you know, over the holiday season, and the fact that I have him here and he's okay, and you know, my girls have their dad back, and it's just it's a Christmas miracle.
Speaker 3: It is a Christmas miracle, and I'm so glad that I could be a part of it here on the show.
Speaker 7: Oh, we're glad too.
Speaker 3: Oh you go count your blessings and have a wonderful Christmas. God bless you, sweetie.
Speaker 7: You too.
Speaker 3: I so hope you have enjoyed these radio moments.
Speaker 1: As much as I enjoy bringing them to you. I'll share more with you each weekday on Hey It's Delilah.