Speaker 1: Welcome.
Speaker 2: It is Verdict with Senator Ted Cruz, Ben Ferguson with you as always and Senator this is one of those shows that I really hope people grab their pins, their paper and they're gonna hopefully learn a lot, and it's gonna deal with something that we're gonna break down. It's the threat of ending the filibuster. Now, people hear that word and some of these two like I don't know what it means. We're gonna explain it to you and what this new threat from Kamala Harris means to this country, to the Republic, to democracy in general.
Speaker 1: That's exactly right.
Speaker 3: We are going to explain in this podcast today we are less than forty days out from the elections. What are the stakes of the election, and in particular, I want to talk about what the stakes are if God forbid, the Democrats win the White House, the House, and the Senate, and we are literally one vote away from ending the basic liberties we enjoy in America, from ending our democracy as we know. And I'm going to lay out exactly why that's the case and how we are one vote away from that happening.
Speaker 2: Want to tell you real quick about blackout coffee. If you're like me and you start your day bright and early with a cup of coffee, why not start it with the best cup of coffee you've had.
Speaker 1: In your entire life.
Speaker 2: And if you haven't tried Blackout Coffee, I want you to try it, and I'm going to give you twenty percent off your first order.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Blackout Coffee was actually started by a group of conservatives, and they were tired of all the extreme, woke coffee companies out there. When I said that, you probably had a couple brands, big brands that popped into your head right away. That's when they decided to start a coffee company. But they also wanted to do something else different. They wanted it to be premium coffee, not an average cup of coffee you can buy out any shelf at any grocery store or go get in a drive through line. They wanted the best cup of coffee while also staying true to conservative values, and that is how Blackout Coffee was born.
Speaker 1: I drink it every single morning. I'm on the radio at seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: I've got to be awake, I've got to be alert, and I want to give the best show I can give to the audience every day, and Blackout Coffee helps me do this. Now, if you've never tried Blackout Coffee, well here's your chance, and you're gonna save twenty percent off your first order because once you try it, you're not gonna get any other brand ever again. Go to Blackoutcoffee dot com, slash verdict. That's Blackoutcoffee dot com slash vertict. Be awake, not woke, and don't give your money to woke cooffee companies. Blackoutcoffee dot Com slash verdict, promo code vertict. You're gonna get twenty percent off your first order. Cube on code vertict for twenty percent off your first order at Blackoutcoffee dot Com slash vertict. All right, Senator, So when people hear the word filibuster, it seems like it's like inside baseball. You go back, you're watching an old episode of The West Wing, which you and I love, but we're political junkies, and a lot of people just tune out, like I don't even know what they're talking about. So let's break down what the filibuster is, what its intent is, why we had it in the first place, and then why Kama Harris is threatening to get rid of it.
Speaker 3: Well, the filibuster is actually very simple to understand. It is the requirement in the US Senate that in order to proceed on major legislation, you need sixty votes. You can't just proceed with fifty votes, but you need a super majority. You need sixty out of one hundred. There are one hundred senators, and almost any major legislation to go forward, you've got to get sixty votes. What it forces you to do is on most major issues to get bipartisan support. It prevents Democrats when they get in office, from enacting a radical agenda. Now there's another meaning of the word filibuster. It's the one many people think of, and they think of the old movie mister Smith goes to Washington, and they think of Jimmy Stewart standing on the Senate floor and talking and talking and talking. And it's true a philibuster. Or you'll recall my first year in the Senate, I did a twenty one hour filibuster. I stood on the floor of the Senate. I did not sit down. I did not leave the floor of the Senate. I did not go to the bathroom. That's actually the most frequent question I get no, you cannot go to the bathroom because you cannot leave the floor of the Senate for twenty one hours.
Speaker 2: And a pro tip, right, do not wear cowboy boots. I think someone told you that, if I remember the story.
Speaker 3: Correctly, well it was actually if you remember in twenty thirteen, Ran Paul earlier in the year had done an eleven hour filibuster and he was sharing some thoughts on it, and he said, Number one what he said was wear comfortable shoes, which was really good advice. I wear cowboy boots almost every single day in the Senate. The day of my filibuster, I went the day before and bought black tennis shoes, and I wore black tennis shoes. And I actually have to admit, ben I confessed on the floor of the Senate mid filibuster. I apologized to the people of Texas that I lacked to wear my boots for twenty one hours and so but the tennis shoes did save my calves. The other thing Rand said, and this was excellent advice. He said he wasn't taken down by his legs, he was taken down by his bladder, and that was very good advice. And look I didn't know. I don't know if you ever tried to go twenty one hours without going to the restroom.
Speaker 1: It's not something long time. That's just a long time.
Speaker 3: So let me give a very simple principle, nothing in, nothing out there you go in the entire course of twenty one hours. I drank one very small glass of water and that that helped.
Speaker 2: But I ask a personal note here, with what point were you just looking at the clock? Like when did you when was your first time in your head when you thought about tapping out?
Speaker 1: How many hours in? I gotta know?
Speaker 3: So actually never, So there was an intense point. So I started middle of the afternoon and I went all night, and you know, midnight, one, two, and three in the morning. About three in the morning, you're a little bit punch drunk, and Mike Lee is there, and and he was there, and he's a little punch drunk, and you know, we're you know, you're just kind of There are points during the filibuster where you're just really tired. They had people showing up and participating. Now, what you can do in a filibuster is you can yield to a question, and so one of the ways people will support someone in a filibuster is is if I'm standing up there filibustering, and let's say Senator Ferguson walks up and can stand and say, well, the Senator yield for a question. And you can say I will yield for a question without yielding the floor. I still have the floor. But what someone can do is they can step up and ask a thirty minute question and basically give a speech or say whatever they want, and then at the end of it say wouldn't you agree and hand it back to you.
Speaker 1: So it is a way. Can you sit down?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: For that, okay, you cannot see it.
Speaker 3: You must stay standing. If you sit down, you have yielded the floor.
Speaker 2: Now can you lean on the podium for that thirty minute question? Not really okay, but it's just a way to just not have to talk. Yeah, it lets you rest your voice for a little bit. And so throughout the twenty one hour filibuster there were multiple people who spelled me and jumped in and gave me a period to rest my voice. But so the longest filibuster in history was strong thermon against the Civil Rights Act, and that's twenty four hours. I wanted to break that record. Unfortunately, when I was filibustering, Harry Reid had already entered into the Senate floor via unanimous consent, an agreement that at noon the next day we would immediately proceed to the next matter.
Speaker 1: So if you.
Speaker 3: Seize the floor and there's no unanimous consent request in place, you can keep the four as long as you want.
Speaker 1: I had do you think you could have made it? Yea three more hours? Really?
Speaker 3: So I had locked into the Senate rules an endpoint of noon the next day, and I didn't have any way to extend it. So at like eleven am, I actually had my team go and ask Carrie Reid was the majority leader, asked carry Reid's team if they would allow me to extend it to break strom Thurman's record, and Harry they just said no, They just which I actually, I really dislike that the record for the longest filibuster is is a Democrat philibustering against the civil rights laws. I mean, I think that needs to be broken, and I have no doubt at twenty one hours I easily could have gone another three hours that that was not an issue at that point.
Speaker 2: Did you now you've got a sharp mind and I'm asking the question their bails is thinking right now. So I'm going to do this because this is so fun for me because I'm warning, did your mind start? And I'm just talking about how many hours were you up? Did you take a nap before you started?
Speaker 3: No crap, Now, it's just just an all nighter. I had different material.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Look, I was filibustering about all of the problems of Obamacare and how it was hurting Texans and hurting Americans. And I was walking through so a lot of the filibuster. I'm reading people's examples. I'm talking about how individual people are are losing their doctor. Remember Obama lied if you want to keep your doctor and keep your doctor, Well, that was a lie. Many people could not keep their doctor, they could not keep their health insurance. And so I was walking through all the examples of how this was hurting Americans. I was also during that filibuster, I read a number of tweets on the Senate floor. I think that's the first time in history tweets have been read on the Senate floor. And there was a hashtag that trended that was make DC Listen, and it was trending globally to use.
Speaker 1: A phone or did someone have to print those.
Speaker 3: Offs that they would print them out and hand them to me. And I had staff that was giving me materials that would come in. So people would send in stories and I'm read them on the Senate floor. People would send in tweets. This was also the filibuster where you may recall I read greet angs at Ham.
Speaker 1: Now do you know why I I had green eggs at Ham?
Speaker 2: It was heared girls right at bedtime, the time you would normally.
Speaker 3: That that that that's exactly right. So so it was the girls were little. I mean that, I mean that they were what uh four and six and uh and so three and three and five. They weren't younger than that, they were three and five.
Speaker 2: So one of the first things you ever showed me, if I'm not mistaken, at your house, is a picture of them seeing you on TV. Either you show me on your phone or I think it's framed in your house, right.
Speaker 3: And it's not in my house, It's it's in my office in DC, and so it is okay. Yeah, So what happened when they were little? At night when I was home, I would read them bedtime stories and it's you know, so it's really fun. I'm sure you read your kids bedtime stories. It's a great thing to do. And so and I tried to do that every night when I was at home, read them bedtime stories. And so since I was going, uh, we came up as actually guy and my on my team that came up with the idea of, well, why don't you read them a bedtime story during the filibuster?
Speaker 1: And so Green Eggs and Ham.
Speaker 3: When I was a kid Green Eggs and Ham was my favorite book as a little kid, and I have read it to the girls many many times. And so we called home and told him turn on the TV, turn on C Span, and I read them Green Eggs and Ham because it was their bedtime. And the picture you saw as a picture of the two of them, they're both in their pajamas. It's it's absolutely adorable. Katherine, who's three at the time, they're in matching pajamas, which which sadly they're teenagers now so they don't match it anymore, but at three and five they matched.
Speaker 1: It was precious.
Speaker 3: Catherine is reaching her hand out and touching the TV and it's just like in wonderment that like, wait, daddy is reading me Doctor Seuss on TV, and it's just the look is is hysterical. And then Caroline, who's my eldest whom I adore. She's five, and she's just cracking up laughing. And look, Caroline has always been pretty cynical kid, and and pretty much nothing I've done in the Senate has impressed her. When I when I came home after that, she looked at me. She had her arms crossed and she went, okay, Dad, that was kind of cool. And so it was like, yes, you know, I mean, look, scoring points with with your five year old.
Speaker 1: It's hard with a five year old to score points, let's be honest.
Speaker 3: So but that's why I read Green Eggs and Ham. It's because it was bedtime. But that filibuster is not the really consequential one, because at the end of the day, a filibuster can delay things for twenty one hours or twenty four hours, but at the end of the day, if there's a dedicated majority that moves forward, you can't talk long enough to stop it. So what the filibuster really is that is of consequence, is how the Senate rules operate in order to proceed to take up most forms of legislation, you must have sixty votes to do what it's called invoking cloture, which is just a fancy procedural word for ending debate. Because US senators have unlimited debate, you've got to end debate before you have a vote, and that takes sixty votes. The requirement of sixty votes has stopped most of the dramatic and extreme proposals from the Democrats from going into office. And so just this week, Kamala Harris was explicit she plans to end the filibuster. I want you to listen to her saying that, and then we're going to talk about what it means, because this is if she follows through on this, it will be the end of America as we know it.
Speaker 1: So give a listen to what Kamala said.
Speaker 5: Now to abortion, you've said you want to work with Congress to pass a federal bill to codify abortion rights. How do you plan to get enough support in Congress to restore abortion rights when you'd likely need to pass a Senate filibuster, you'd have potential legal hurdles.
Speaker 4: Well, let me first say to all your listeners, you must reelect your Senator Tammy Baldwin because we need the votes in Congress to do exactly what you are saying, and that's true, and it is well within our reach to hold on to the majority in the Senate and take back the House. And so I would also emphasize that while the presidential election is extremely important and dispositive of where we go moving forward, it also is about what we need to do to hold on to the Senate and win seats in the House. That being said, I've been very clear I think we should eliminate the filibuster for row and we need and get us to the point where we fifty one votes would be what we need to actually put back in law the protections for reproductive freedom and for the ability of every person and every woman to make decisions about their own body and not have their government tell them what to do.
Speaker 2: So, to be clear, what she's talking about in this filibuster is extremely different.
Speaker 3: Well, what she is talking about is ending the reques environment that you need sixty votes to move to major legislation, allowing the Senate to move forward with just fifty votes, and the Vice President, now, let me tell you, and she's tried to frame it in terms of abortion, but she's not talking about limiting it to that at all. She's talking about fundamentally changing the Senate, and that fundamentally changes the country. Let me tell you why. So, Look, you and I both hope we have a great election in November. We hope that Donald Trump is re elected president. We hope we have a Republican Senate and we have a Republican House. And if we do, there's a lot of good things that can happen. We'll do another podcast where we talk about the good things that will happen with a great election. But let's focus on this podcast on the bad things that will happen with a bad election. If we wake up the day after election Day and Kamala Harris has been elected president and the Democrats have won the House, and the Democrats gain one seat in the Senate, one here's what happens. So right now, Chuck Schumer has forty nine votes to end the filibuster. He needs one more. If he goes from forty nine votes to fifty votes to end the filibuster, I want to tell you what January of twenty twenty five will look like. The first thing Chuck Schumer is the majority leader, will do in January twenty twenty five is eliminate the filibuster forever. And the way that operates, by the way, is doing something called the nuclear option, which is he would move to proceed to a piece of legislation, and they'd probably do it to something something abortion related, because that's been the context of the promises that many politicians have made. And he would then ask a question of the presiding officer a parliamentary inquiry, what is the vote threshold to move to proceed to this and the precise officer would say, under the Senate rules, it requires sixty votes to proceed to this matter. He would then appeal the ruling of the chair. That's called the nuclear option. To appeal the ruling of the chair, you overturn what the chair has just ruled. That it requires sixty votes. In order to overturn the ruling of the chair, you only need fifty votes. So what he would do is appeal the ruling of the chair. You'd have a vote on the Senate floor and fifty Democrats would vote to overturn the ruling of the chair. The Vice President in this horrible scenario, it's Tim Waltz would concur and the result would be number one, the ruling of the chair is overturned. But number two, that becomes a precedent that binds the Senate, and it effectively amends the Senate rules so that it no longer requires sixty votes to proceed to legislation, it requires instead fifty. That's a bunch of procedural gobbledygook. The important thing to know about it is with one additional left wing democrat, just one, Chuck Schumer can end the filibuster. If he does that, let me tell you the first four bills that Chuck Schumer will pass into law now.
Speaker 2: But before we give you that list, I want to tell it to you real quick about the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews. And with the rise in anti Semitism and continued attacks on Israel, it is more important than ever to stand with Israel.
Speaker 1: And the Jewish people.
Speaker 2: And as we are approaching the one year mark of October the seventh, the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews is partnering with over two hundred and thirty churches and other organizations across America in Flags of Fellowship by planting Israeli flags to remember the over one thousand, two hundred victims. You can be a part of Flags of Fellowship as well. There is a tremendous need for food and basic supplies for the evacuated families to survive in communities impacted by the ongoing war. You may have seen the Israel has been hit over the last few days again, and that's why I'm asking one thousand, two hundred of you listening to make a gift of one hundred dollars to help provide emergency food boxes for the displaced families in Israel. Israel needs are support now more than ever, So join me in letting the world know that listeners like you stand with Israel.
Speaker 1: Call to make your gift right now because the need is great. Eight eight eight four eight eight IFCJ. That's eight eight eight four eight eight four three two five.
Speaker 2: You can also give securely online by going to support IFCJ dot org. That's one word support if CJ, or call them eight to eight for eight eight IFCJ. And I say this sincerely, thank you for all of you that are getting together and standing with Israel. All right, Senator, so you said four major things that would happen. Let's roll through those because this is really how I think a lot of people should be looking at the importance of this election.
Speaker 3: Yes, the first bill Schumer would pass if he ends the filibuster is S one. S one is the first bill Chuck Schumer introduces in every Senate. S one is a federal takeover of all elections in America. S one strikes down every election integrity law in the country. It strikes down every photo ID law in the country. It legalizes ballot harvesting in every state in the Union. It automatically registers to vote millions of felons, and it automatically registers to vote millions of illegal aliens. S one is designed so that Democrats never lose another election. S one is designed to massively increase voter fraud on election day. That would be the first bill Schumer would pass. He has forty nine votes to do that. One more would given the vote he needs. The second thing he would do is add two new states to the Union. He would add d C and he would add Puerto Rico. By the way, it does not take a constitutional amendment to add a state to the Union. It only takes a law that passes Congress and assigned by the President. Now that law can be filibustered, but if Schumer ends the filibuster, he can pass it with just fifty votes. The reason Schumer wants to add d C in Puerto Rico is because Schumer and the Democrats believe d C and Puerto Rico would elect four new Democrat Senators. That means if we started next year with fifty Democrats and fifty Republicans in the Senate, we would end next year with fifty four Democrats and fifty Republicans in the Senate. Schumer would do that so that the Republicans would never again win a majority in the United States Senate. That'd be the second bill he passes. The third bill he would pass would be to grant amnesty and immediate voting rights to every single illegal alien in America. Now, we don't have a firm count of that, but it is upwards of twenty million illegal immigrants. We know eleven and a half million have come in under Joe Biden and Kamala Harris. We are north of twenty million. If you had them all together in Texas, they're two to three million illegal immigrants living in Texas now. Ben if they do that the instant they do that, Texas turns blue.
Speaker 2: If Chuck Schumer, you say that, and they're gonna say, okay, how does constantly term beliefs?
Speaker 3: So explain that, Because if Chuck Schumer and the Democrats grant immediate voting rights to every illegal alien in Texas, they're two to three million illegal aliens, they would vote overwhelmingly Democrat. The Democrats believe this, and the effect of that would be every single statewide elected official in Texas would lose the next election. The governor would lose, the lieutenant governor would lose, the attorney general would lose. We have nine Republican Supreme Court justices. All nine would lose. Texas would immediately become California. It would not be slow, it would not be gradual. It would be instantaneous. With three million additional illegal aliens voting in the next election, Texas is California. That's number three, and then number four. They would pack the United States Supreme Court. They would grow the Supreme Court from nine justices to thirteen justices. Now, it does not take a constitutional amendment to change the number of justices on the court. That can be done by statute, but that statute can be filibustered if you get rid of the filibuster. The Schuber only needs fifty votes plus the vice president. They would add four left wing justices to the court. It would go to thirteen justices. And I got to tell you something, Ben, Look I am you know me well, I'm an optimist. I believe in America. I believe the future of America is bright. I believe tomorrow is brighter than today. I believe we are moving in a good direction. In that scenario, I have no answer. I view what I've just described as a system ending event. You look through history, great nations rise, great nations fall. Yeah, there is I view what I just described as the end of the United States of America as we know, and there's no way to turn that back. And here's the terrifying thing, Ben, I don't believe a word of what I just said is hyperbole. I don't believe I'm exaggerating anything. Chuck Schumer has forty nine votes to do everything I just described. And I think most Americans have no idea that we are one Senate seat away from that calamity, from that irreversible situation. I know that most Texans have no awareness that Texas is that close to flipping instantly blue. I think a lot of Texans view, well, even if everything goes crazy and the rest of the country will be fine, where Texas, We're going to be just fine.
Speaker 1: This scenario, you want to ask, what keeps me up at night?
Speaker 3: It is the scenario I just described, and we are literally one vote away from that happening.
Speaker 2: So let's look at the evidence to really back up what you just said. And and you look at the Democrats. They have for the last several years really been trying to undermine the Supreme Court. They have leaked from the Supreme Court the Roe v. Wade decision for example. The Democrats have been trying to intimidate Supreme Court justices, and we saw just how hostile they allowed people to get towards the Supreme Court justice in their homes. I mean that the media has been undermining the Supreme Court as well and acting like the Supreme Court is this outdated body that should be changed. So when you say that we're one vote away and this is what would happen, they're the ones that have been doing all the things you would do for this possible opportunity if it actually arises, and you can say yeah, like We've been saying this for years.
Speaker 1: We think the Supreme Court should be packed. Right, Yeah, look that that that's correct. And here's the math.
Speaker 3: Today there's a fifty one forty nine Democrat majority in the Senate. However, of those fifty one, they're two Democrats, Joe Manchin and Kirsten Cinema, who have both voted against ending the filibuster. So Chuck Schumer tried to end the filibuster. They had a vote on it, and forty nine Democrats voted to end the filibuster. Had either Mansion or Cinema flipped, they would have had the votes. But the two of them are the only things that stopped it. Now, I'm going to tell you something we know for an absolute certainty, in January of next year, neither Mansion nor Cinema will be there.
Speaker 1: Very true.
Speaker 3: Both of them their terms are done, neither of them are running for reelection. It's one hundred percent they will be gone. That means that Schumer is going into this election with forty nine votes to end the filibuster. If he picks up one anywhere, he gets to fifty, and if Tim Waltz is the vice president, he has everything he needs to end the filibuster, and I want to make a point here. Also, you notice none of the things I listed were economic. I didn't list in the calamity in the Parade of Horribles. I didn't list seventy percent marginal tax rates. I didn't list massively confiscatory death taxes. I didn't list wealth taxes that tax you on unrealized capital gains. I didn't list banning fracking and shutting it down oil and gas exploration in the United States. I didn't list nationalization of mineral rights. Look to be honest, the economic stuff, the socialism that follows like night follows day, because the Democrat's top priority, the four things I listed are all about seizing control and making it permit making it impossible that Democrats ever lose. And you know, there's something deeply Freudian about how democrats behave because they talk incessantly about saving democracy, and yet today's Democrats are profoundly anti democratic. Their number one priority is making it so the voters can never ever, ever, ever ever vote them out of power. And once they're in power, look on the economic stuff, the only constraints are just how crazy are Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren willing to go. But it is look at countries like Venezuela. Once you get one party locked in power with no ability to constrain them, the country goes downhill incredibly quickly, and I think terrible policies. Look policies. I didn't mention gun confiscation, going after the Second Amendment, going after liberty, going after the First Amendment. They packed the Supreme Court. You're not going to have the courts backstopping any of the rights in the Bill of Rights. All of that happens as a matter of course. Schumer's first focus is power, and if he can lock in power forever, that really is the end of our democracy, and ironically it's the number one priority of today's Democrats.
Speaker 2: Let me go back to a very consequential vote, and I just want to remind people perspective on this filibuster. In the sixty plus, when we go back to Obamacare, what was the number on Obamacare? How many votes did that pass with?
Speaker 1: Do you remember?
Speaker 3: Well, the way they passed to Obamacare was through a special budget procedure called budget reconciliation. And budget reconciliation is the most important exception to the filibuster. Budget reconciliation comes from a law called the Budget Act of nineteen seventy five, and it's a special procedure for adopting a budget, and under that statute, it is exempt from the filibuster, so you can pass it with a majority. That's how they did Obamacare, as they did it using budget reconciliation. By the way, the Trump tax cuts were passed using budget reconciliation, so they were not subject to the filibuster. No Democrat voted for the Trump tax cuts. If you look at things like the Orwellian named Inflation Reduction Act that was passed by the Democrats using budget reconciliation. So there are things that can be done that typically involve spending and taxing that can be done with just fifty votes. But the structural changes to our republic, things like the federal takeover of all elections in this country, or adding two new states to the Union, or granting immediate voting rights to every illegal alien in America, that cannot be done through budget reconciliation. Packing the Supreme Court cannot be done through budget reconciliation. The statute lays out specific categories of what can and can't be done through reconciliation. So the sort of simplest way to think about it is spending in taxes you can get around the filibuster.
Speaker 1: Everything else as a general matter, you can't see.
Speaker 2: And that's why I want to remind people because we were talking about that during the time and it came up that you know, the sixty votes and how important it is, and it's a hard threshold if you change it, and you think about how consequential, for example, Obamacare was and during that time when there was almost a super majority, and YadA, YadA, YadA, and you go, okay, there's a reason why it was set up this way. The entire United States of America's history changes if you get rid of this.
Speaker 1: Am I wrong? You are absolutely right.
Speaker 3: Look, if Schumer ends the filibuster, no Republican ever wins again.
Speaker 1: It is one party rule.
Speaker 3: And so ask yourself, how has Hugo Chaves and Nicholas Maduro been for Venezuela that will be and listen. Some people listening might say, oh, come on, that's too much. You shouldn't compare Kamala Harris to Nicholas Maduro. Well, if their policy is to lock themselves in their party into power, forever and to disempower the voters from ever ever ever being able to take them out of power. That is exactly what Chavez and Maduro have done. That's what Castro have done. It is the strategy of dictators and it is a shocking thing that today's Democrats no longer believe in order to save democracy, they're willing to destroy democracy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's that is really sad.
Speaker 2: I want to tell all of you about something really cool that I got to do, and that was due training this past week with BURNA with less lethal and the burner systems. It was unbelievable. Now increased crime and violence around our country. We need to remember that personal safety and security for you and your family is the most important thing in life. And I'm a massive advocate for the Second Amendment. If I didn't have a firearm with me one day, I wouldn't be here today. I had to use it to save my life. Thank goodness I had that. But there's many times where you need to be able to defend yourself and de escalate a situation without having to worry about the irreversible consequences of deadly force. And that is where there is something that you can now have, and that is burna less lethal pistol launcher. A burna can save two lives. It can save your life and the life of someone else, so don't compromise on your peace of mind. It is a fabulous compliment to owning firearms, and if you or your family is in the situation.
Speaker 1: Where you feel threatened, you can now start with less.
Speaker 2: Lethal It is also legal in all fifty states and no permits or background checks are needed.
Speaker 1: Now I have these and I own them.
Speaker 2: I also got them for my sister in law and my mother in law, my own mother, my sister, and my wife. It is amazing. Now I own these and I want you to check them out. You should look at them for your family members, especially if you have a daughter that maybe is living off at college by herself or living at a new location and she's by herself and you want to have something there to help protect her. Berna is the answer, and it's designed for easy use by all age groups eighteen and over. The Burner launcher has powerful deterrence like tear gas and kinetic rounds with a sixty foot range, one shot can incapacitate attackers from up to forty minutes, and after doing the training, I can tell you they're not joking. It is also used by government agencies and law enforcement around the country, and more than a half million units have already been sold. So visit burn up by r in a dot com slash verdict. That's burn up b why R in a dot com slash verdict? And get ten percent off your purchase? That's b why R in a dot com slash verdict? For ten percent off burna dot com slash verdict. Senator, let me ask two questions to wrap this up. There may be people that say, look, if there is a let's say they get it and they get rid of the filibuster, it'll come back in a couple of years. Maybe there's like a little bit of an overreaction here. I go back in history, and I'm a student of history. You are, and you love history as well. When consequential things usually happen within our government. A great example is Obamacare. Once it's done, it is extremely hard to do it. And so if people think, well, maybe they do it and we'll get it back, maybe they throw four more people on the Supreme Court, but we could get it back to nine if we really wanted to how impossible would it be to undo some of the things you talked about if it actually went into effect because the Democrats win in November.
Speaker 3: Well, understand that the four things I listed are all structural, so once they happen, you can undo them if you have twenty million illegal immigrants voting Democrats win. Texas isn't the only state that turns blue. North Carolina turns blue, Georgia turns blue, Arizona turns blue. I mean you have suddenly swing states that are not swing states anymore. This is why the Democrats, they're just focused on power. You look at if it's right, DC will elect Democrats for all eternity if it becomes a state. Puerto Rico, I don't think it's one hundred percent correct that Puerto Rico would only elect Democrats. We have seen Republicans elected in Puerto Rico, although partisan politics doesn't line up in Puerto Rico exactly like it does in the mainland. But if the Democrats are correct that that's four new Democrats in the Senate. It is very difficult to see a map that ever again elects a Republican majority in the Senate. So there will never be an opportunity to reverse it. And by the way, you can look to what happened with the Supreme Court. So if you look at Supreme Court nominations, Harry Reid exercised the nuclear option, the same method for ending the filibuster for legislation. Harry Reid exercised the nuclear option to end the filibuster for judicial nominations, and he did so. When he did so, I remember I was on the Senate floor, and he did exactly what I said. He asked for a ruling from the chair. He appealed the ruling of the chair, and all the Democrats voted with him, and they overturned it. And so to confirm it, Judge, you only need now fifty votes plus the Vice President. And I remember being on the Senate floor. I turned to Amy Klobuchar, a Democrat from Minnesota, and all the Democrats were voting like lemmings to and the filibuster. And I told her then, I said, you realize the consequence of this. We are going to get more justices like Clarence Thomas and antonin Scalia. And that is unequivocally correct. And in fact, if you want to know why Brett Kavanaugh and Amy Coney Barrett and Neil Gorsich were confirmed. It is because the Democrats ended the filibuster for judicial nominations. If they hadn't, there is no chance on earth Cavanaugh or Amy Cony Barrett gets confirmed because it would have taken sixty votes, and there weren't going to be sixty votes for any nominee that had a proven record of being conservative. So it changed markedly the kinds of judges that Trump could nominate. Once the change is made procedurally, it never ever ever goes back.
Speaker 2: Final question for you, and that is you look at what you just said in this show, and it changes my perspective. And I do this with you three days a week and talk politics every day because the easy issue, right is the economy stupid And that's the number one issue. Most voters say number two, they say the border. This issue to me, now after we've gone through it is even bigger than those two issues when it comes to the future of this country.
Speaker 3: Is that a fair take in terms of long term future? Yes, it is absolutely a fair take. It is, as I said, the single thing that keeps me up at night that we are that close to losing our entire country, and I think almost everyone is oblivious to it. I look, you and I are both tech. How many Texans do you know that realize that we could be three months away from Texas becoming California becoming a bright blue plate state. By the way, if that happens, I'll make a crazy prediction that I hope and pray never comes true. If the Democrats and the Filibuster, if they grant voting rights to every illegal alien in America, every illegal alien in Texas, Beto O'Rourke would be the next governor of the state of Texas. I don't think that's an exaggeration. I think that is actually quite likely.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, it's the reason why Democrats are importing so many illegal immigrants right now. They think they can give them the right to vote, give them citizenship, and bam, as you described it, it changes everything in one day. I hope all of you listening will really take this show and share it with your friends, put it up on social media so others hear it. This is why I love doing this show with the Center, because I feel like I learned things, and I hope you do as well, and we get to talk about these important issues don't forget hit that subscribe or auto download button so you never miss an episode. We do this Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and a week in review recap on Saturdays and on those in between days, grab my podcast, the Ben Ferguson Podcast. I'll keep you up to date on the news on those in between days and breaking news as well, so grab the Ben Ferguson podcast as well and The Senator and I will see you back here on Saturday for the weekend review.