Speaker 1: Some Wyoming slang. What is a gully washer a gully washer?
Speaker 2: Yeah, guys, welcome to Renee all day.
Speaker 1: Joining me today in the.
Speaker 3: Hot seat, Logan Wilson, How you doing great?
Speaker 4: How are you good?
Speaker 1: You must be feeling pretty good right now.
Speaker 4: Huh, can't complain.
Speaker 1: Things have been coming up Wilson in the last couple of days.
Speaker 2: Huh. Talking about your relationship with Zach Taylor, You, guys seem like you have such a great relationship. Obviously you love playing for him. Yeah, what is it about Zach Taylor that you love?
Speaker 4: I mean, I think at the end of the day, he's a player's coach, and guys respect that. And he's young and so he can relate to guys a lot different than maybe an older coach could just come through some different things. And he's very smart, And I think the biggest thing that guys respect is how well he takes care of us, especially right now during fall camp, because it's already a grind itself, but the way that he schedules practices gives us days off and time to really get our bodies right and keep stay on top of those little things that you might be creeping up with your body I think is super important, and you know it's at the end of the day. Guys just love playing for him.
Speaker 1: What does do your recovery days look like? What do you do to take care of the old bod?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Man, I got give me some tips. Yeah, I do some. I do some plates, and then I do like a wall of massage, get chiropractor adjustments. There's some salt bath at home, and there's all sorts.
Speaker 1: Of a cold plunge.
Speaker 3: You cold plunge guy, yep?
Speaker 4: Full body?
Speaker 1: Oh really? How long do you stay in?
Speaker 4: For? Five minutes?
Speaker 1: I heard that that's better for you than a coffee. Do you think that's true?
Speaker 4: Well, coffee tastes pretty good, so I'm a big coffee sure, sure, but cold plunge does. There's a lot of benefits to cold plunging because you don't.
Speaker 2: Get like the downer I find sometimes if I have too much coffee, I start to not feel so hot.
Speaker 1: But I feel like a cold plunge is just the up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, and there's a lot of like research on the mental health benefits of it too. Sure, there's there's so much science coming out with that stuff. And I'm I'm big on finding little ways like that that kind of help keep my body recovering it as best it can.
Speaker 1: Do you have one at your house?
Speaker 4: I do good.
Speaker 3: I need one of the ice barrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I need to. I got to get on that. Yeah, and I'm on it. This is my next trend.
Speaker 2: I'm getting on board. Okay, So the contract is signed, we know that you're gonna be here. What does does it feel like it's like the second half of your career and what does that kind of look like for you?
Speaker 1: You're like settling in and now you get to like you're like you're in it.
Speaker 4: It's honestly crazy. This is we're talking about year four already.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I remember just coming here during COVID and it's like, I don't know what this is going to look like, playing games in front of zero fans. Yeah, just cardboard cutouts and some how we're fake fan noise. I mean it was yeah, about as weird as it gets. Honestly, I've never done that in my life, even when I was playing little kids football. You know, at time of football you still got your parents and friends and so that was crazy. But you know, to now being year four, I mean it's been you know, we've we've been through some lows and now we've you know, kind of established ourselves with the culture and what Zach's brought to us, and it's just trying trying to keep that train moving.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So football is great, we know you're a great football player. Gamer, you're a gamer. What games are you playing? What are you into?
Speaker 4: I've been a big Apex guy, a lot of Fortnite in my past, but currently it's a lot of a lot of Apex.
Speaker 3: So when you're playing these games, are you like a Twitch guy?
Speaker 1: You're streaming as well?
Speaker 4: Occasionally sometimes it's okay, sometimes interacting with the chat's not my thing.
Speaker 3: Okay, wait, how does that work?
Speaker 2: Because I've tried to jump on Twitch and it's a lot of like trying to respond to people, but you're also trying to like do a thing to entertain them while you're watching you. Do you just forget about the chat or you just don't want the engagement?
Speaker 4: No, I don't forget about it. But there's sometimes you know, you get people that come in there and they'll say stuff that's not necessarily what you want to hear. When you got to get rid of them or ban them, and right, you got to have like a team of people like call it you know worked.
Speaker 2: I was like kind of tinkering in Twitch for a minute, and I was a little apprehensive with that too.
Speaker 1: But what do they call them? The people that come in and like monitor mods, the mods.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, thank god for those people.
Speaker 1: When you're playing these games, so people know that it's.
Speaker 2: You playing on the other side of these games, or are these like kind of playing on your own.
Speaker 3: I'm not a huge gamer, so please break it down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it depends. You can have like a you can set up where you have like a little camera and so like the camera will face you. Then you'll have it's just like a small part of the screen, and then the main screens you're the game that you're playing.
Speaker 2: What does your I just lost a video game reaction look like?
Speaker 1: Are you do you freak out?
Speaker 3: Cool?
Speaker 4: No? No, I realized it's not that big video maybe when I was younger for sure, though, because even when you.
Speaker 2: Know it's I mean, yes, it's not life or death, really care, but you get invested.
Speaker 1: You're trying to like get angry.
Speaker 4: Especially this is a competitive aspect, just in a different way than football, and so you don't just throw the remote No, don't break controllers. That's a little o D.
Speaker 1: Do you drop any curses?
Speaker 2: Do you swear?
Speaker 4: Maybe sometimes if I have to, holy shit, then I feel better after get my mind back.
Speaker 2: Your celebrity softball game looks like that went off really great. Talk to me about putting this game together in the charity that you're involved with with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was a lot of fun. Honestly, I wasn't expecting that game to be as fun as to end up being. I think, especially for guys on the team, just to kind of go out and do something that's just different than seotball, you know, and get together and just have a lot of fun. And I think the crowd loved it and it was cool to kind of go somewhere else other than Sincy for something like that to expand out to Dayton. And the plan is to keep doing that moving forward and so make that like a little annual tradition, especially now that I know I'm going to be here for the next five years.
Speaker 1: Little something up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, the Foundation, I've said it before, but they're just like I've used them for my MI cause my cleats. It's one of my coaches from high school and we just got really close after their their kid unfortunately passed away from SIDS, and most people don't necessarily know what SIDS is until you have a kid, and it's an infant death syndrome. And I think the thing that's so crazy about it is there's just no real like cause as to why it happens, and so there's there needs to be research in order to kind of find that why it happens, how to prevent it from happening. Yeah, and that's just kind of Ever since he passed away, I always told him that I would use my platform to try to bring a light to their their situation. Yeah, that's just been my goal moving forward. And that's why I've used their foundation.
Speaker 1: Because I know that's been a big thing.
Speaker 2: Instead of like creating your own foundation, you just want to partner with the one there, and I.
Speaker 4: Eventually might make my own, but for sure can even combine on some ideas with them. I'm always going to be close to them foundation.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the softball game, was there anybody that you were surprised when they got out there that as an athlete it doesn't always translate into another sport.
Speaker 1: Was there anybody that was maybe not so great out there.
Speaker 4: Not so great. I don't want to throw anyone under the bus, but I know myself I was not very great. Okay, but I didn't play any baseball. In baseball, I played it was T ball, and I personally wouldn't consider that playing baseball at all.
Speaker 1: The other sports at all.
Speaker 4: Bring up Oh yeah, yeah, I was basketball, track, wrestling, soccer, big soccer guy.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, you get out of any Sea games here.
Speaker 4: I haven't yet, but I need to because.
Speaker 2: They're I mean, you're part of the community now, you are like part of the community out there. I mean I live pretty close to the stadium and I always see it lit up.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know what their schedules.
Speaker 4: Like, but I do want to go. It be fun. I've heard a lot of fun too. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, it definitely looks really really great.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Bible Verse tattoo, yep, talk to me about.
Speaker 4: It, Joshua one nine. That's right here.
Speaker 1: What is that? What is the story about?
Speaker 4: Well, that's that also ties to the foundation that was the Bible Verse that they used to kind of remember their their son and kind of just bring a light towards God in that situation. And they made wristbands that said that that verse on there, and it was for part of their they do a golf term and every year, but that's where they would hang out the wristbands. And so when I was in college, I would wear the wristband over my wrist tape when I was playing football. Okay, well eventually they start to rip, right, and so then I get so I decided to get it permanently inked on my skin forever. And it's a great Bible verse. It's beast on courage, do not be afraid, do not be discouraged. For the Lord you got to be with you wherever you go. And you know, that's good for me to always have that in my mind, especially moving this far across the country because I didn't know where since he was I was drafted here from Wyoming, you know, being that small town Wyoming and coming out here. But just kind of letting go and really letting God do his work. And so that's the reason why you know, I have that tattooed on my body. And it's a funny, funny story. It's kind of it's definitely a God thing. But the day after I got my tattoo, I went to church and the following morning, the pastor was just talking about overcoming fears and this is the vibal verse he used, and it's like, oh, I mean, it gives me chills. I was sitting there just having chills in the during the sermon because it's just it's crazy how God works and for that to be kind of a situation, it's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: That's really cool case. So you talked about how the bracelets would rip. Have you ever thought about tattooing the wedding ring.
Speaker 4: I don't know that seems like a really on a.
Speaker 1: Rip, but you have on like one of the plastic.
Speaker 4: Guys, right, Yeah, Well I get kind of nervous if that the real ring getslf Like sometimes people will lose a finger. I know, it gets caught and pops off and there's not a whole lot you can do about it.
Speaker 2: So my husband's a professional wrestler and he was very worried about that, so he got his tattoos.
Speaker 1: He's like, I'm not messing with it. That's a hard spot your knuckles, and like, well, that's.
Speaker 4: How I had to get a bigger ring because this knuckles kind of yeah, crooked a little bit, and so it had to get to come back down to the bare.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get a little butter on that.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, but I don't know if that seems like a hard spot to wouldn't feel very good to get tattooed quick. I've seen some cool ideas they get like that, Yeah the wrist is not great, so that you're only tattoo Yeah, these are only tattoos. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So marriage, You've got like a year under your belt.
Speaker 1: How is married life?
Speaker 4: It's great? I mean, I couldn't have picked a better one to marry myself. She's my she really is my everything. And for those that don't know, she kind of she's like my personal chef. I mean, she keeps she does everything for me. She cooks all the meals, and try to stay away from all the you know, certain things you don't want to I don't want to eat, like the seed oils and all those things, and just kind of.
Speaker 1: Just finding seed oil, I know, look out.
Speaker 4: Just trying to find a way to stay on top of everything that I can to help my body recover as efficiently as possible.
Speaker 2: So what's your what's your husband advice or like some marital advice. You're a year in, you got that under your belt. What have you learned in this year?
Speaker 4: I think, I mean it's it's kind of cliche. It's like the whole never stop dating thing, but you always have to do the little things and like just always keeping that in the back of your mind because sometimes life gets really busy, especially if you start, you know, eventually want to add kids of the picture, and then it gets.
Speaker 1: More busy and then yeah, I'm real busy and tire.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and just trying to have that that constant present mindset of like because we live in such a world with social media and all this stuff. You can just go home and just sit on your phone and you guys aren't present with each other checking in and there's so many different things. But I think that's one of the biggest things and I try to do that in my life just in general, is doing those those little things because at the end those that's what means a lot, especially to her. Especially it's been right now during camp, like I'm not home. I mean I'm gone from seven am until eight pm, and so it's it's it's harder for her because we don't go to see each other as much. But you know, one of my little rituals that I've done every year for fall camp is. I always send her flowers to make sure she knows that, like, I can't do that what I do without her. Yeah, that's just one of the traditions. I try to keep going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is your ideal date?
Speaker 4: She's just going to some little food spot that she loves. She's a big foody girl.
Speaker 1: Like a spot that she likes. Do you guys check out a bunch of different places.
Speaker 4: We like to check out a bunch of different spots, but then we know the ones that we like very good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good spot.
Speaker 4: Her new favorite, I think is is Boca. But I'm a soda guy. But she can't eat gluten. Oh no, she's a gluten free girl.
Speaker 3: So she when she's cooking for you, you're not getting any glutens.
Speaker 4: No, she separates, she makes them both. Yeah, she does a good job.
Speaker 1: But Soto is very good.
Speaker 4: But that's but if you can't. I mean, they have a gluten free menu. But wheah, gave me the gluten all the gut I need it all.
Speaker 1: We don't get out all that often.
Speaker 2: We're always on the road traveling doing shows, and we have a daughter, so we don't get to do dinners that night that often.
Speaker 1: But Soda was like, I'm like, we're going there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 2: It is oh so worth it. Okay, let's get into some cowboys stuff, shall we. Okay, little Wyoming something something. Oh wait, actually before that, I really talked to you about this other thing before we get into that, because it just popped up my phone, the main coon. Let's talk the cat, because I also just got a mank did you?
Speaker 4: I did?
Speaker 1: So I didn't really know what I was getting into.
Speaker 2: We sometimes will get a mouse every now and then around our house. So I googled what cat catches mice the best, and it said a main coon. So ours is a polydactyl, which means it has like six toes.
Speaker 1: It's paws are like this big six toes. It's huge.
Speaker 4: They're already they're massive cats.
Speaker 1: Tell why did you guys seek out getting an what's the story?
Speaker 4: So it's funny. Are like one of our probably best friends on the team, Joe Bachie and his girlfriend Holly Well now fiance from this past summer they got a cat. And of course, you know, my wife is really good friends with Holley, and so she goes over there and sees the cat, and she's like, I think, I think we should get a cat, and I was like, all right, well, so we got one from the same same breeders. And then it was funny is they gave the same breeders because this was from I think we got on from Canada, And so they flew the cats in Canada, Canada cat. They flew them in from Canada, but they gave Joe and Holly a deal where they like, cheaper, they could get another cat from a different litter, and so they sent both of our two cats, so their second cat and our first, our only cat, in the same little crate from I think. Really, I think they flew out of Seattle, because I think the lady lived somewhere around somewhere around there.
Speaker 1: And yeah, did you what's your cat's name?
Speaker 4: Captain?
Speaker 1: Captain?
Speaker 2: See, we got into a bit of a sticky situation with our cat where we went to go get it neutered, only to find out that our cat, Tommy, is in fact a girl.
Speaker 1: So that threw us for a bit of reloop. Her name is still Tommy, but we had no idea. I didn't know. It's so hard to tell on a cat if it's a male or female.
Speaker 4: They didn't tell you when you bought it, though they did.
Speaker 1: They told me it was a male.
Speaker 2: Oh I know, but it's like, I mean, we're talking real small, little difference. It's to be able to tell which you get deep in the YouTube on that. That's a little different ballgame. But my question about man coons to you is a grooming question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, ours is shedding right now.
Speaker 1: What do you do?
Speaker 4: We just have a little comb that occasionally tried to comb with.
Speaker 1: What about the butt situation?
Speaker 4: Sometimes a little poopy Oh my god.
Speaker 1: It's really scary.
Speaker 2: I never thought about this until I was faced with it at seven in the morning.
Speaker 3: I've got like a crazy crying kid, a poopy cat.
Speaker 4: Do you have a little robot?
Speaker 1: No? Are they good? Yeah?
Speaker 2: So I heard that I was getting mixed reviews on the little robot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it depends on how big your cat is, because they're not I wouldn't say they're made for a main comb. Are still fits in it? And he didn't make it work? But I will say it's really handy to not have to worry about like scooping it up every every day. Really, you literally just change the trash bag once a week and add litter and make sure that's functioning properly. And it's it's very handy.
Speaker 2: These cats, man, I'm telling you, it's all fun and games when you order them and you're like, give me this main thing.
Speaker 1: It's all these things that happen.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: He's now best friends with our golden though.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's nice. They are like a dog cat though.
Speaker 4: That's why we wanted That's why we wanted to get it, because we google like best dogs or best cats that get along with dogs.
Speaker 1: Good babies, and yeah, really good with very.
Speaker 4: Good with we've had When we were back in Wyom and we had some friends come over. They have kids, and yeah, I mean they're grabbing it. You're grabbing him and like carrying him around. He's just sitting there like just enjoying it. Like, Wow, you are a really good cat, because most cats will start.
Speaker 2: I don't get angry like last ye kid wiped out.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no, don't need that.
Speaker 2: So man coons, guys, we're telling you man coons are the way of the future.
Speaker 1: Okay, cowboy things.
Speaker 3: What is the most cowboy thing you've done?
Speaker 4: I had a friend from high school that I'm anyone who follows rodeo. His uncle Jet Johnson was the national. He won the NFR I think in Vegas and so he was a champion. But his but my friend, they have obviously a barn and they rope and do all those things. And so that's probably the most cowboy thing I've done new I've attempted, just like a little roping dummy that's sitting for you know, for me, for me to you just trying to rope it. And it's not that easy. But so I don't know how they how well, it's pretty impressive what they do on a horse while trying to do all that.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, old town road Dance, I hear you've got some moves.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I have moves. I had a TikTok that I had to make for that. Back in COVID Coach Taylor was doing a little uh it was just kind of like a team bonding thing as best we could because everyone was in their own cities at that point. We couldn't be together. And I got, you know, rookie duties. They that's they just kind of assigned me that one and with my group, and so that was what I was like, Well, this is gonna be perfect. Because I'm from Wyhoming. People think we just ride horses to school, ride horses to work, whatever, not that I owned any horses. And so her her U, her stepdad was he's like a he's a fifth generation dairy farmer, and so he's got a whole ranch and all that stuff. And yeah, we just used the horses that they had to kind of make some clips and videos. And I don't know if you've seen the video if she sent it to you, but I've heard. I don't know how I didn't win. To be honest with you, it's not. It's not too bad. I don't remember. Honestly, it wasn't memorable. Nope, it wasn't. I always give I always give our strength coaches crap for it because they're the ones that kind of they're part of the judging judging crew. Come back, I know, on.
Speaker 1: This dairy farm, you get out there and milk these counts.
Speaker 4: He not, that's what he does all that he's I'm not doing.
Speaker 1: That, not for you.
Speaker 2: You're a Yellowstone guy the TV show Who would you be on Yellowstone? Who's your guy or girl? I love Beth, Beth is my girl. Beth knows how to throw down best scary.
Speaker 4: Yeah, best Beth is scary. And I think that's why I think I like respect Rip so much because of like how he handles everything and eldest stuff that he he went through. He's a really underrated character, honest and all suf.
Speaker 2: He covers up flowers though, because I think we all were like we see a.
Speaker 1: Rep is what he puts that with.
Speaker 4: I think he's awesome.
Speaker 1: Great fashion too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he always always got the shades on. Yeah, cowboy hat, just business as usual.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, I've got some Wyoming true or false questions for you.
Speaker 4: You put me on the spot.
Speaker 1: Yes, I am all right. True or false.
Speaker 2: You may not photograph a rabbit from January to eight without an official permit in Wyoming.
Speaker 3: True, it's true.
Speaker 1: What are you guys doing over there? Why can't we take a picture?
Speaker 4: Oh, there's too many rules.
Speaker 1: So there's you know what.
Speaker 2: I found that out when I was going through this list a lot of rules in Wyoming. Wearing a hat that obstructs people's view in a public theater or place of amusement is illegal.
Speaker 4: True, it is true.
Speaker 1: Keep those big hats at.
Speaker 2: Bay in Cheyenne, Cheyenne Cheyenne residents are not allowed to take showers on Wednesdays, Fridays or Sundays.
Speaker 1: That's false, But on Wednesdays they can't. It says on Wednesdays you can't shower in Chan.
Speaker 4: I have some friends from Cheyenne. I don't think they obey those rules.
Speaker 3: Say according to Wikipedia.
Speaker 1: Actually these on Wikipedia some other website.
Speaker 2: Okay, final one, anyone who fails to close a fence in Wyoming is subject to a fine of up to seven hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 1: True, that's true. You knew that. Why what is that?
Speaker 2: Because there's cattle, not just a regular fence, we're talking cattle fences.
Speaker 4: Well, that's the first fence I'm thinking of that would go under that circumstances.
Speaker 1: If I just didn't close like the fence to my house, no one's going to care.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: But if you're out in a pasture and you go through a fence and you need you're trying to drive, if you're hunting, oh and there's cattle in there, that's crazy. Let someone's cattle out or they break their leg on the that.
Speaker 1: Went on Yellowstone doesn't go well, nope, no it does not.
Speaker 4: You head straight up to the train station.
Speaker 2: Yeah, some wyoming slang.
Speaker 1: What is a gully washer?
Speaker 4: A gully washer? Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have a real gully washer today, rainstorm?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Who are greenies?
Speaker 4: Greenies?
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 4: I guess?
Speaker 1: A barking squirrel?
Speaker 4: A barking squirrel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, prairie dog.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Cookies, spinning cookies, spinning cookies, just spinning cookies in the parking lot. Car donut, yeah, car donut?
Speaker 1: Okay, rapid fire. And then I'll let you get back to your busy life. Things you can't live without, for.
Speaker 4: Me personally, for you don't live without my wife.
Speaker 1: Good answer to your favorite word?
Speaker 4: I have a word. See, these are things like I never even think about it. That's why I'm here.
Speaker 1: I'm asking the hard heading questions.
Speaker 4: Favorite word I don't have? Yeah, Kelly stirrel?
Speaker 2: Okay, your phone goes on shuffle in the locker room speakers?
Speaker 1: What are you dreading? Hits?
Speaker 2: The hits the speakers. I'm going to ruin the vibe of the locker room.
Speaker 4: Any country music will ruin the vibe of the locker room. Really, Like the first song that comes to mind for some reason, Cotton Eyed.
Speaker 2: Joe, Oh, that's a good one. Forgot.
Speaker 1: If you weren't a football player, you'd be.
Speaker 4: I would probably be some sort of like fitness instructor.
Speaker 2: Okay, last person you FaceTime my mom, Mom, childhood crush.
Speaker 3: Megan Fox, good answer, Logan Wilson. Everybody's gonna be here for the next four years. Buckle up, he's here a Cincinnati guy.
Speaker 1: Thank you for your time.
Speaker 4: Thank you. It was fun.