Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Supersonic Trends Sport. It's Curtesy, a pat on the Discord, who apparently every time he read that we were looking for SSTs, he read it as Supersonic Transport.
Speaker 2: I saw someone else on the discord thought it that meant super producer sex tapes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, that's that's it. They were just trying to manifest that into exist. Yeah, but yeah, it's a title. Had you heard of Supersonic Transport as even a phrase?
Speaker 2: I mean, when you know what it is, I thought it maybe was a reference to some sci fi thing, like sounds like a company that a character in a sci fi movie might work for.
Speaker 3: It's like, yeah, we were I work at super Sonic Transport.
Speaker 1: I think it probably came into like popularity because of the jj.
Speaker 3: Fadd the song Supersonic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Supersonic But that that was like one of those big deals, like the breaking the four minute barrier on the mile and breaking the sound barrier, sound speed barrier. It's like a huge deal and then every everyone just takes it for granted. But yeah, look.
Speaker 3: At us and look where we're at now.
Speaker 1: I was actually just listening to really uh an on the media episode where they were talking about how like it creates this massive boom every time something like breaks into Like that's what a sonic boom is, is It like creates this massive like physics event that just like travels and like, well they can't do it over land or else, it'll just like break all the windows and ship.
Speaker 2: I remember, yeah, like when the Space Shuttle would come back and we could hear it in California sometimes. I remember it happened like twice when we're at school and out of science.
Speaker 3: You're like, we're gonna go listen out for the sonic boom.
Speaker 1: Wow, you could hear it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like super loud, but it was enough to be like like you if you listen, you can hear it.
Speaker 1: Be like you're like that was like a medium sonic.
Speaker 3: I'm like, bro, that super that was sonic.
Speaker 1: I don't know out of here all right? Well, rip the goat and various derivations of that are trending because Jim Brown, the greatest football player to ever live, the greatest lacrosse player to ever live. What uh, yeah, he's the greatest lacrosse player to ever live. He played it at Syracuse and is like by far the best fuck yeah to ever do it too, exactly, Yeah, I'll try this sport. Also an amazing activist and actor in exploitation films and just films in general. Retired at the height.
Speaker 3: His career. Yeah, that's what I think.
Speaker 2: Honestly makes something like he pieced out because he's like, I'm I have more important things to focus on, like civil rights.
Speaker 3: Yes, uh yeah.
Speaker 2: Just just a gigantic figure and great actor. Man.
Speaker 3: I loved him in March Attacks. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wait he punched that fucking alien's little glass dome piece.
Speaker 3: Fuck them up.
Speaker 1: One of the greats.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, apparently the retirement wasn't like something he had planned. It was just he was filming The Dirty Dozen and like bad weather caused the shoot to go along, and his NFL team owner was like, I'm gonna find your ass if you don't come back, and he was like, oh, okay, I retire. How's that then? So always always fight in the good fight.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, never let somebody punk you like that, especially too when he knew was like, man, I got I have way more to offer than what I offer you.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, Ron DeSantis is all over the mainstream media because they're expecting him to announce that he's running for president next week, and at the same time just took a political hit because Disney was going to create this two billion dollar campus billion what's that one billion billion?
Speaker 3: I don't want to I don't want a back there that ball. And it was only gonna be a bill.
Speaker 1: It was only a billion. Yeah, that was gonna bring two thousand jobs to Florida, and they pulled out because of like specifically naming him as like the reason that yeah, uh yeah.
Speaker 2: It was gonna be like sounds like kind of like a company town too, or like it was going to house like people from like imagineering, sort of sounded a little dystopian, like this campus they were about to build.
Speaker 1: T Why it's no good to have any side in this fight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just like I don't know, man, just as long as fascism loses, that's the primary and just however that happens, great. But yeah, this is just the ongoing spat with Disney.
Speaker 3: And it's true.
Speaker 2: I mean, like you're sending troops to the fucking border like in Texas. He's he's doing the most right now. The last bathroom bill, he just signed is so fucked.
Speaker 3: Up and backwards like he is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he is basically saying like, I'm auditioning for the part of most heinous asshole with the legislative power.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we'll see how that goes.
Speaker 2: And and Pierce Morgan is already like you can already tell he's already he's already getting the table set because he's like.
Speaker 3: Oh, just like I don't I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine why people wouldn't choose the Ron over the Dawn.
Speaker 1: Oh damn. Yeah. Okay, Well, I was gonna say that this is only a story in the mainstream media because that's the only place that his candidacy like really seems to make sense. But now that I've heard the Ron over the Dawn, yeah, talking point, he might be Donald Trump might be fucked Well.
Speaker 3: Did you see the Time magazine cover?
Speaker 1: Is that a real cover? I couldn't tell if that was a real.
Speaker 2: Like AI art to be honest, yeah, if it if it is in fact real, uh, and then we should just make sure. But like it's him like peeling an orange very menacingly. Yeah, no, no, it's real, it's real.
Speaker 1: It's tough, man, and those hands look strong like you can't tell because it's already been started. But it almost seems like he started the Orange himself without any help. So he is pretty tough and the big boy.
Speaker 2: But the scenes, okay, just yeah, just Ron just focused on the camera and you know, just whatever happens to the Orange happens.
Speaker 3: I can't can't, ye can't.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: It also plays into his uh putting, finger blasting pudding thing. You know, he's doing orange digital work to get that orange open and people said, my digital campaign was lacking. Look at these meaty ingy those hands are meat balls, though, My goodness, he's got hands like Christmas Ham's.
Speaker 3: I tell you.
Speaker 1: Those pas uh he So he said on a call with donors, you have basically three people at this point that are credible in this whole thing, Biden, Trump and me. And I think of those three two have a chance to get elected President. Biden to me, based on all the data and the swing states, which is not great for the former president, probably insurmountable because people aren't going to change their view of him. He's like this, like that already tells me all he He's not like Trump is going to be making fun of him all all over the place, and he's going to be like, well, the date is not great for him, so vote for me. I went to Yale, all right, Yeah sure, cool. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean there's a lot of writeups happening, so you know it's coming. It's just it's just gonna be fun to watch them fight. It's it's gonna be such an l he announces, and then he just capitulates Trump immediately.
Speaker 3: Dude, Yeah, what kind of Connor roy ass campaign are you running? Right now?
Speaker 1: He's just gonna literally roll over and shows Belly's tell me tum. But like, people were kind of wondering what he was waiting for and like that that nothing has changed from the point before where it didn't make sense for him to run against Trump because he like can't tactically does it. He seems like he doesn't believe he can say anything mean about Trump, which is gonna make it impossible for him to run against Trump. But the thing, it turns out he was waiting for was like to get his bullshit mainstream media pr push lined up. So they're like, okay, so we got got a May Time magazine cover, tried tried three different poses, and we were kind of liking this one with with the meatball fingers peeling an orange. So it'll be it'll be I'd say it'll be interesting. It's not gonna be interesting. It seems like it's gonna be pretty boring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but hey, look, I'd love to be surprised and watch two goofballs go at it and over armies or racist Yeah, in which case we're all gonna lose. But hey, yeah, that's just just the way it goes.
Speaker 1: Sometimes there are this is a Daily Star article, so that's just like a very poor England UK tabloid, London tabloid. But they compiled a bunch of statements from other countries, like travel bureaus about the twenty twenty six World Cup that is happening in North America, Mexico, Canada, and the United States, and many countries are kind of warning people not to travel to the United States. Of those three, they're like that place is super fucking dangerous, like everybody owns guns and are it's shooting you if you knock on their door.
Speaker 3: It's wild when you.
Speaker 2: I mean again, this is how desensitized we are to our own situation in the United States. But to hear like a foreign policy esque description of the United States.
Speaker 3: You're like, oh my god, yeah, this is all true.
Speaker 2: The rate of firearm possession in the US is high. It's legal in many states for US citizens to openly carry firearms in public. Incidences of mass shootings occur, resulting most often in casualties.
Speaker 1: Like oh my, yep, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Everybody's basically I mean, like because none of the all these countries like don't have guns. They're like, yeah, just so you I mean, yeah, what you see is real, like fucking guns everywhere over that place and no social safety nets and all kinds of extremism.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, not a recipe.
Speaker 1: You talk to people from other countries and they're like, I came to America and I thought, like everybody'd be wearing a cowboy hat and you know, uh, driving around on like with with guns. And it turns out not everybody's wearing cowboy hats. Yeah, but the other part is true. A lot of people like the scarier, more dangerous part is true.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I tried to even I was on you know, I'm single, so I went on tender to maybe meet a local person, and a gun showed up to my a sentient pistol.
Speaker 3: Have you heard that term Aphuriican Aphuriican. No, I saw it in a TikTok video.
Speaker 2: But it's just like an interesting way to describe I think as someone from Europe describing how like when Americans like are like in a outside of the US, but still react to their environments as if they have the same exit potential threats that are posed to them in the US, like a big like a bang or something around them, Like they would like sort of jump at his thinking gunfire or something, while it might just be something else because we take all these other anxieties with us wherever we go that are very purely ours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we are a scared people. Yes, sometimes for good reason, and sometimes the fact that everybody's so scared is the thing to be afraid of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's wild when you go like when I mean, I think most people experiences do you travel abroad, and like even if it's not necessarily a violent thing, you're like, oh, like for a second, I thought I was in America still, right, No, yeah, all.
Speaker 1: Right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back. And we're back. And Donald Trump Junior, he has this brilliant cutting edge idea to launch a magazine oh specifically.
Speaker 3: Hold on, wait what is I'm sorry, what was this word he's going?
Speaker 1: When I was working at Cracked and they were like, you know, I was on the website, but they were relaunching the magazine in like the year twenty two thousand and like three two thousand and five. I guess it was like everybody at that time was like, oh, launching magazine in two thousand and five. Good, oh guys, yeah, yeah, Like the everybody at that time already knew like magazines aren't launching, they're dying. What are you doing? And apparently that message hasn't gotten to Donald Trump Junior. Uh, he's publishing a non woke men's lifestyle magazine that is an offshoot of Trump Junior's lifestyle brand, Field Ethos Field Ethos Wow Yeah, which is already a website and podcast made by old school adventurers who make no apologies for who we are. And this part gave me one of the strongest cases of douche chills I've had, and yeah, like five years this part about sundown their whiskey fueled philosophers by a campfire.
Speaker 2: Whiskey is a beautiful euphemism for an alcoholic casinophobe, really truly, truly a men's rights activist who's had a little too much whiskey by an open flame, most.
Speaker 1: Sitting by an open fire saying the dumbest shit that you could possibly think about it.
Speaker 3: Oh no if I don't.
Speaker 1: And what says old school adventure more than gunning down an endangered sheep on the American taxpayer's dime, which is what he did. Apparently took a hunting trip to Mongolia last year that reportedly cost US taxpayers over seventy five thousand dollars. I guess it was, you know, when Trump was still president. He also went on a bear hunt in Utah and his hunting guide is now facing five years in state prison because of a bear that Donald Trump Junior illegally shot. So this is just finally the killing of a air basically. But Doju is the trigger man, but the guy is the full guy. Yeah oh wow wow wow.
Speaker 2: But yeah, Fiel, I mean, yeah, cool non woke men's magnet.
Speaker 3: We were just talking about this. It's called stuff and.
Speaker 1: Maxim yes, yeah, well it's time to bring them back because they are cool. And imagine you can look at pictures of dead animals in it though too now not just boobies. Also, this is apparently already a quote lifestyle brand. And what says rugged masculinity like toasting the premature death of a elephant with a couple of manly mimosas in the forty five dollars official Field Ethos mimosa set. Okay, you can buy on their set on their website.
Speaker 3: What is a fucking mimosa set? Exactly?
Speaker 1: Believe it's just two glasses that are champagne flutes without the stems.
Speaker 3: They're two stemless ones.
Speaker 2: And because you are such a fucking loser hunter fuck who doesn't know anything about it, you buy your Donald Trump, it has like gradiated lines on it to you, like this much champagne and this much oj.
Speaker 1: Oh cool, Oh that's helpful, that's useful, Like they it seems like it's just a product that is also sold with like Goop branding on it. And it's just like a thing that you know is made in a factory and then you just can screenprint or you know, a lasermatrix dot print, like oh, the logo fe Field Ethos on it.
Speaker 3: Dude, the fucking merch store is infuriating. I can't even I can't even I can't, man, Let's just move on.
Speaker 1: You know, they're just whiskey fueled philosophers by the campfire. Oh kill me now, just truly kill me now, like I might not. I might not survive having to sit next to one of those guys at a camp jack.
Speaker 2: You like philosophy, don't yourself?
Speaker 1: Which I somehow it makes me think that I would be particularly bad candidate for sitting and enduring that you'd.
Speaker 3: Probably be like this. That's not philosophical.
Speaker 2: Forget it, man, you're just saying, really fucked up, pinus shit.
Speaker 1: Uh. There is a lawsuit claiming that Apple users are charged more for delivery on door Dash. A door Dash subscriber claims that expanded range fees don't accurately judge a restaurant's location and cost iPhone users more than Android. Which sure, hey man, that's racism. Yeah, that's the anti iPhone racism.
Speaker 3: I hate it. I hate it.
Speaker 2: I mean what is true is though a lot of like when you order food, like through a delivery app, like that, if the restaurant offers their own delivery, you should always use that always because the prices are different when you look like at least in LA. I've noticed that a lot like that, there'll be an up charge on a lot of dishes because you're doing through like an Uber eats or dash door as I call it. Yeah, So they basically use this expanded range fee as a way to be like, these dipshits bought a two thousand dollars phone, so we can charge them, we can charge them a lot more money and then and then we're going to pass that on to the worker. Oh no, no, no, no no, It's just.
Speaker 1: Something that somebody worked at corporate came up with and we've been making money and they got extra bonus points. Now they don't work in a cubicle, they work in a corner office.
Speaker 2: How do you think that was presented in the meeting when they whatever fucking crave genius came up with the expanded range fee to fucking build more like like and this we just other found like really like you know, the growth opportunities are really at the margins, you know what I mean. Yeah, And we've just and we've seen that with expanding our range fees, Like having expanded range fees doesn't actually dissuade a lot of our consumers that are using iPhones, we've noticed that they might be in a slightly different socioeconomical even some of the other customers.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, so we're projecting, and this is what it looks like it'll do to our bottom line. Oh fucking profit, dude, Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 2: Imagine a bunch of fucking just crazy drug fueled business people.
Speaker 4: Like, ah, yes, yeah, we're just like slowly dying on the inside business people. Oh yeah, they stink because they're dying on the inside.
Speaker 3: But but this is.
Speaker 1: The entire economy now, is just everything so complicated and out of sight, and it's just finding ways to just like wedge in there and get a little bit more money from people. Fact that it's yeah, it's illegal when a scammer does it. And as we talked about, like somebody was spoofing the site of a local restaurant and you would go to that and order the food and then they would place the delivery for you, but charge you like twenty percent extra, and they're just like, yeah, these people like nobody has time to pay attention to any of this shit. So we can just make an entire business out of charging people twenty percent extra for nothing. Uh So Anyways, the corporate headquarters have also figured this out.
Speaker 3: One. They don't fucking know, they don't fucking care.
Speaker 1: Yeah, finally Lakers. Tough, tough start to the Western Conference, tough final starts. Denver Nuggets They're they're sir, Denver Nuggets are good.
Speaker 3: They're serving us nuggets every night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nuggets are on the menu, boys, and they're gonna before spread them.
Speaker 1: Because my god, Jamal Murray, what was he doing?
Speaker 3: What is he doing out there?
Speaker 2: He's out of his gord on the floor, U joker like a little less uh, you know, gave gave us a little less of the business than in Game one. But I'm looking at and I gotta say, Jack, I hate to say this, I'm worried about Lebron James. He I'm worried about Lebron James. I am worried about Lebron James. He is he looks very hurt and.
Speaker 3: Not of himself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there there was one moment where he was on a breakaway and just like lost control of the ball. Yeah, it was about to like just dunk nastily and he was just like lost the ball. So my theory on what's going on with Lebron James is, I measured, this is a thread and it got crickets and understandably, but altitude is like hangovers. It gets so much harder to deal with from the age twenty like up to the age like as you get closer to forty, it just gets worse and your body just gets worse and worse and worse.
Speaker 3: At just in Denver, this fall and I was fine, I don't want to hear.
Speaker 1: Did you try to go for a jog? No?
Speaker 3: I collapsed and started pissing blood because it was so hard. But I wouldn't do That's.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, it's it's really yeah hard.
Speaker 2: Oh so you so you you're saying this is altitude, and this altitude based.
Speaker 1: I think altitude based. That's my guess is.
Speaker 3: That he was just missing. He can't shoot. He hasn't made a three pointer since I was in college.
Speaker 2: It feels like, yeah, I'm just worried. I'm like, I'm not even mad. I'm like, I don't want to see him be mortal right now. It's like it's it's fucking me up a little bit.
Speaker 1: But we're getting close.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, We'll see what happens. But I mean too, that's they're they're out ahead, and they.
Speaker 1: Were both close games. I came away from Game two of the Lakers series against the Warriors feeling like the l it was over for the Lakers, and they figured out a way to win that series handily. So we'll see. You know, you're down two.
Speaker 2: Oh, but yeah, you gotta we got to mister, we need we ain't making history.
Speaker 3: We ain't making history, even though and really had a fantastic too. I really believe when.
Speaker 1: He's he had a great like first game of the playoffs and everyone was like, well, you're not going to see that again, and he was like, no.
Speaker 3: This is just who I am and again and again. Yeah, I was.
Speaker 2: I was holding the Geist child up because normally we're not trying to you know, aim him at the TV, right, but like you know, they they love the light show, and I know that he doesn't even know what he's looking at.
Speaker 3: But I'm like, that's ruly we have to root for him. Ah, but yeah, we'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 1: Our kids don't allowed to watch TV during the week, but you know, we make an exception for NBA basketball, so they're always like, is there a game on? And then they just wow, really want to. They love the commercials, that's what they're just.
Speaker 2: Like sleep during the game and like, all right, there'll be a time out for Philadelphia.
Speaker 3: They like wake up, time out? Time out? Is that that Geico commercial coming?
Speaker 1: Speaking of commercials, I don't know if this was a new announcement, but I saw the ad for the first time, the Cool Ranch Dorito's Papadilla.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we was the celebrity in it.
Speaker 1: Uh another one.
Speaker 3: DJ Khalid Yeah yeah, yeah, Wow.
Speaker 1: I can't believe it.
Speaker 3: It looks shit terrific.
Speaker 1: It looks so bad. I can't believe they did it again, Dorito's. I was like the Dorito's Locos Tago was like, this is the thing that we all had secretly invented in our mind and we're wishing that somebody would invent and now we get this, and it's like I've never wanted pizza crust coated with derrito no dust.
Speaker 2: It looks like, you know how like the cool Ranch dust looks it's kind of got like different colors on it, but also looks like, yeah, bandriff, Like it's weird because it looks like the outside of your calzone or Papa Deer or whatever has like some like some kind of dry condition yeah, or like gray scale from Game of Throne, like I don't want to eat that anyways.
Speaker 1: Those are some of the things that are trending on this Friday, May nineteenth and into the weekend. Hope everyone has a good one, a safe one. We're back on Monday with a whole last episode of the show. We have the weekly Zeitgeist with selections from this week's episodes if you miss.
Speaker 3: In case you missed some of the best bits, talk to y'all on Monday.
Speaker 1: Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to y'all on Monday.
Speaker 3: Bite peace,