Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today.
Speaker 3: I'm Tom Keen with Paul Sweeny and Bloomberg's Lisa Mantail. All right, we are starting with Qualcom ticker QCOM. Their shares have been down as much as two percent. You know them, the largest maker of smartphone processors, right, So they delivered these upbeat forecast sales, profit forecasts, top estimates, but investors were expecting more. There's been so much news about Qualcomm in the headlines. Here's another thing. They also took a five point seven billion dollar non cast charge that was linked to the one Big Beautiful bill, so that contributed to a three point one two billion dollar net loss. There were a lot of things on the upside, like the outlook suggested as strong demand in the high end android phone market, and then it's really made making this big effort to diversify into chips for cars, for PCs, for for data centers. So there was a lot of upside to it, but it just it just wasn't enough, couldn't impress investors? And then you have Snap, Right, this is s nap. This is the social media app all the kids like. Okay, oh I think it is the tools ye. No, no, this is the Snapchat app. Okay, shares taking a hit down as much as twenty percent. Tom, You're gonna like this though, because you're a Perplexity fan. Okay. So the company said that they are going into a four hundred million dollar partnership with Perplexity AI, and now they're going to incorporate that search engine into Snapchat in twenty twenty six. So now all the kids are going to be using the Perplexity in the.
Speaker 1: Snapchat and the sock is up eighteen percent here today, prefer Yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: Doing really well, and so it's going to be you know, they're going to pay Snap a combination of cash and equity. But their third quarter earnings they were in line with esimate, So you know, the company's been doing a little bit better because they've been struggling with the advertising business. That's that's really huge. They announce bond offering. Everyone else is that's how they do it. Okay, And have you ever used du lingo? The language platform. Like when you go you learn French, you.
Speaker 2: Go, oh, you should have seen my friend should killing it?
Speaker 1: Yes, the accent is so different than Paris, Like it's like anything is completely different.
Speaker 3: They don't understand me in Paris as well. Killing it? I need it? Yes, okay, d u l O taking a head down twenty five percent a week. Bookings forecast annels are saying that management focused on user growth, weighing on the bookings outlook. The big worry. I didn't know this, but Apple has this live air pod translation feature. The company says, you know what, We're not worried about it, so it's fine. They also have this Max product that they're talking about. So what this Max product is It takes the shame out of learning a language. So you might be embarrassed to talk to a human when you try and learn a language. Well, you can go to Max and it's an AI video call with one of their characters, so you can practice the language there. You don't feel the shames. Yes, you don't feel the shame of a real person. I've been told if.
Speaker 2: You hire someone like Remote that that's very beneficial.
Speaker 1: I've not done that. I'm on the school. I've thought about this a lot during my life. You have to just immerse yourself, go somewhere for six months and just drop me off in the middle of Spain or Mexico and nobody around. And one more you want to squeeze in.
Speaker 3: All right, I'll do Elf Beauty. Okay, Elf, because it's down twenty one percent earning sales downlooks fell short, right, So they're positive about the sales growth because they just acquired Road, right, that's Haley Bieber's beauty brand. But they're still skeptical about the namesake product, the Elf Beauty that you see in a CVS pharmacy or whatever. They're kind of skeptical about that. So they like the Road they just think that the namesake product is just not going to do that.
Speaker 2: Welcome the Stockmovers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.