Speaker 1: You are listening to What in the Winkler and iHeartRadio podcast. Hi, welcome back to another episode of What in the Winkler. We are so excited because today we have two guests who are I don't even know if we should call them by their entire name or just farmer Matt and Farmer John from the show Farmer Wants a Wife Matt Warren and John Sansone. I had never seen this show before, and I just watched the first two episodes. They are starring in season three and I am dying of excitement to let them in. Mom, what do you think? I think they are so adorable and so handsome. Me too, And I wore green because of farming and the earth. Do you know what's crazy is that I'm in green, We're both in green, and we're both.
Speaker 2: In sweatshirts from the Great All right, let's let them in. I'm so excited.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you.
Speaker 2: So much for joining us. Wait, I met John. I met you right at the iHeart You came up to my dad.
Speaker 4: Was amazing.
Speaker 3: I mean you met or no, I think I was kind of lurking in the back somewhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we met like momentarily, so we met for a couple of minutes at the I Heart Music Awards.
Speaker 2: I went with my dad and let's introduce your mom. Okay, this is most important.
Speaker 1: Hi my mom, Stacy, And wait one quick. I'm thinking maybe if you're open to it, you could do farmer wants a Nana. Let's go our farmer wants a mom. I'm just saying, okay, all right, okay.
Speaker 4: The options are endless.
Speaker 1: Wait, so, so I've never seen this before, mom?
Speaker 2: Have you ever seen this before? Never? And I and I'm shocked that I love it. Me too. You'll be very sincere and.
Speaker 1: You both are so perfect because you you really do love what you do and it shows through. And you're also, from my mother's point of view, really good, good people. And it's impressive.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: So did somebody like did I know, like for the Bachelor?
Speaker 1: I was actually going to be the bachelorette when I was younger, but I would have like burnt down our entire family. It would have been horrible for everybody. But did someone like my best friend putn't like referred me or signed me up? Would did someone do that for you guys? Or did you guys sign yourselves up?
Speaker 3: John? And I have the same story pretty much. But basically our families are both big fans of the show, and I would have never have done this, or I thought I would do this, and I got reached out to on social media and I still was like I don't think I'm going to do this for a long time, but after a while I was like, all right, I why not. Like a good opportunity and could be fun and so.
Speaker 2: John, same for you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, same. I mean there was a last season there was a guy from Sikeston, Missouri, which is probably twenty minutes from where grandparents live, where the farm is, and I would come into the kitchen, you know, like trying to get some quick dinner, and my mom and sister would be like, John, come in here. You got to see this. You'd be perfect for this show, Like what show?
Speaker 2: If they were right?
Speaker 4: Yeah? So I got the DM and I showed them and they were like, oh my god, I mean you have to do it.
Speaker 2: And you guys can't tell us right if you met your wives?
Speaker 4: Unfortunately?
Speaker 2: No, Okay, I have some fun.
Speaker 1: Wait I have can you can you tell us if they were the ones you brought?
Speaker 2: Oh that's the point. Okay, same question okay, I oh, okay.
Speaker 1: So I really didn't like die for Samantha in the first episode, but I really liked during the second episode. Wait, I thought we weren't allowed to say that what if they're married or no, no, no.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter. We can still talk about it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we're good.
Speaker 1: I'm dead that you're twenty five. First of all, you're a child. I'm twenty years older than you. Twenty six. Yeah good, I'm forty four, Matt.
Speaker 2: You're thirty.
Speaker 3: I've just been thirty one.
Speaker 1: Outrageous, although I met my husband at twenty five, so this feels good. But I didn't die for Samantha first, but then I really liked her in the second episode. And then also I really wasn't sure about Jordan in the first episode because she's a singer and I was worried that she was just using this as a platform, not here for the right reasons.
Speaker 2: But then I like, I really like both of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, obviously everyone has their preconceived notions, and Jordan and Samantha, I've been kind of getting drugged through all the online comments and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: But really that's what they signed up for. Yeah, we all have to be tough skinned.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's really hard.
Speaker 1: It's really hard, especially if you don't have like experience in this world, Like people are just so mean and it's so crazy. When you put yourself out there, you have to expect that because people were vile to me when I first met Henry.
Speaker 2: They were the lowest. But you were a supermodel.
Speaker 4: So still are I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Still John, John? You still are?
Speaker 1: Mom?
Speaker 2: Dad better watch out.
Speaker 1: I would like to know John, what year of law school are you in?
Speaker 4: Number? I would say one and a half because I took a semester off to do the show.
Speaker 2: And what kind of lawyer do you want to be?
Speaker 4: Well, I'd like to get into like land rights and land regulations and stuff, would in right, Yeah, because I wanted to, you know, be able to protect and stand up for small family farmers and things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really important because they don't have much of a voice at this point, right, especially know they're supposed to it's not the truth, right exactly.
Speaker 2: No, he's going to answer now, So you don't you don't speak shot answers.
Speaker 4: She also, I don't want to get in trouble and.
Speaker 1: You're fine, You're fine, she we we we she is the one, meaning me who gets it trouble.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, you guys are good.
Speaker 1: And Matt, did you always decide like this is? It wasn't always what you were planning to do. But now that you're doing it, do you love it more than anything?
Speaker 2: Like? Is it what you are hoping to continue doing?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? I grew up around ag being in California and like rural areas. All my friends either ranched or or road produced and all that kind of stuff and so, and I've been around it with my family for the past ten or twelve years. But then finally, like you know, now work in it and it's awesome. I mean the people really is what makes it, Like, you know, an ag that's the best kind of people.
Speaker 2: Everyone's you know is agriculture. Yes, any kind of as a aggies.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Okay, good, I mean I'm very far from that, but we do live in La so we're not far from where you guys live. Well, you live and you live in Bay morel Bay is heaven get the best of all worlds and Saint Louis your your property and your home look breathtaking. Both of you guys look like you are really on top of your game and have a beautiful place to work out of. I just want to know what are the exotic fruits.
Speaker 3: That's a good question. Our main thing is more bad avocados that we grow and you can actually get them in a lot of places through la. We're going to be an air one, so next.
Speaker 2: To one of those, but we love air one.
Speaker 3: We called finger limes. It's an Australian citrus. If you've heard of those.
Speaker 2: No, I only heard for the first time.
Speaker 3: Well any of them, but really neat looks like caviar, but it's citrus. And then on top of that, we're the first coffee plantation in California.
Speaker 2: Coffee.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we do coffee here, and then we do dragon fruit, passion.
Speaker 2: Fruit, Oh, you do.
Speaker 3: Lemons, slimes, cheram oils. We dabbled in troubles and do all kinds of different things.
Speaker 2: And what about you, John, What if you guys are soy wheat? And what is the other one?
Speaker 3: Women?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Corn?
Speaker 4: Corn? Yeah, so it's like row crops. That's a general way of putting it. My grandfather's been doing that. It's on his land for five generations.
Speaker 3: It's sticks.
Speaker 4: In the show that was a little typo.
Speaker 2: Six years.
Speaker 4: It's five five generations.
Speaker 1: Five generations and do you guys? So if you do, it's it's similar to the way like the Bachelor works. Like you guys, if you do find some then you get to like you have to see each other in private and then you can't announce it.
Speaker 2: When is it? When do we find out?
Speaker 3: Last episode? Which we're coming up the third ones tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've watched it on Hulu, so it's on Fox, right, and then what night Thursdays at.
Speaker 4: Eight yep eight Central Thursdays.
Speaker 2: At eighth Central on Fox. Okay?
Speaker 1: And then so you're on the third episode? How many episodes are there for us eleven?
Speaker 2: Eleven?
Speaker 4: Final two? I think are back to back on.
Speaker 1: The same night, and they meet your family and everything. So does your family weigh in on this decision? Because for me, like it was a huge part was I'm we have a super close family. I'm one of three, my husband's one of five. We all have born and raised in LA. It was like a big deal with the families. Is that a big deal for both of you as well?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Matt and I both have very close families and both immediate and extended everybody's very close. But with this show that yeah, we introduced them to our media family. From me, it was just my siblings, which was great because I come, I'm one of six. Oh wow, so it was like, yeah.
Speaker 2: They had to pass the test.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, they had to pass the test.
Speaker 2: All right, what orderary are you like, the youngest, the oldest?
Speaker 4: I'm number two, so I have an old New York than me. Then brother, sister, sister, brother?
Speaker 2: And are you the only one that works on the farm or no?
Speaker 4: Well we all go out there and you know, provide our helping hands where we can. But currently I'm the only one in Missouri right now who's like, is able to help. The other two that are in here in Saint Louis are in high school.
Speaker 1: So oh wow, Oh well, I guess because you're like twenty six and Matt, what about you?
Speaker 3: Or so my oldest brother and his wife live here on the property and they own and manage all the farming operations. So then I assist assist to them.
Speaker 2: Is that really your house where you live?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's so. Is it a prefab It's actually a mobile home from the seventies. My brother and I clip houses for long time time that we remodeled this.
Speaker 2: It's awesome. It's really good looking. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love living here and I moved on my personal stuff out during the show, so all the girls really get to live here as it's an airbnb, right.
Speaker 1: I did notice, like I wanted to know if you guys like had some help decorating that, or if it was like if they came in and sort of helped you out, or if that's really what it looks like all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it looks looks pretty much the same.
Speaker 2: It's not a set per se, no correct.
Speaker 4: Correct, But I will say, like, for instance, this fancy looking bunk bed behind me was actually courtesy of the Fox production because the girls needed somewhere to sleep.
Speaker 2: And now what do you use it as a hat rack?
Speaker 4: Well? Yeah, I throw a bunch of stuff on top, and then my dog sleeps on the bottom bunk while I'm sitting in there.
Speaker 2: Your dog is Gus, right, Gus. Yeah, my youngest son is named Gus.
Speaker 4: Oh really, I love that name.
Speaker 1: We got it. I have three boys, Ace, Jewels, and Gus, and Gus is like he reminds me of like the Little Mouse and Cinderella, but he's so cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's in his august, but he likes Gus. He likes to be called and we call him Gus.
Speaker 1: Gus.
Speaker 4: So that was really Mouse is named Gus too, it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why they remind me of each other.
Speaker 2: Got it, John?
Speaker 4: I got it now?
Speaker 2: And so are you guys?
Speaker 1: Is it hard to go to those like you know, iHeart radio things and now like you're thrown into a completely different life.
Speaker 2: What does it feel like?
Speaker 4: It's pretty cool. It was a little overwhelming at the outset, especially in Nashville, but you know, we went from Nashville then too Los Angeles and the New York and by the end of our time in New York, we're like we've had enough, Like we've got to get back home. See the family. Take a little load off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's a lot more comfortable. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I loved it. I love being social, meeting people to chatting and all and stuff. So for me, this is like a fun experience. But being on the road for you know, we're going home three weeks, that part it's a little old.
Speaker 2: But wow, it's a long time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, come back here.
Speaker 1: So I know you couldn't kiss on camera. Wait, I already forgot her name the one that said, yeah, Samantha, did you guys kiss off camera?
Speaker 4: There's a lot of speculation as to if we did that or not, and the I would tell you and.
Speaker 1: The answers, now, wow, looks like you had a big kiss yesterday.
Speaker 2: For me, you didn't kiss.
Speaker 4: Either, not on that episode.
Speaker 1: That was different in the second episode that was two different guys.
Speaker 3: No kissing for me.
Speaker 2: Now I know who it is, Coburn or Colin.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry kissing everybody?
Speaker 2: Major kiss? Do they make you, guys keep on like a girl? That's difficult?
Speaker 1: And I only say that because I'm difficult, so I just I can say that with love. But do the producers encourage you to keep on? I'm sure you can't answer this, but like do they ever say, like, keep this one on because she's good TV?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Uh, here's how I answer for the most part. And when I say the most, I mean like really like ninety nine point it's our choice, right, There is no there's no like, hey, you're forced to take this person, but like you know, you talk it through with the producers on and off screen, and like we think, like what's the best because there's a lot going through our heads. So it's nice to have the producers there to kind of help us break it down as a you know, third party, So in that sense, I guess, yeah, they help out with who we pick.
Speaker 3: But and when you do ask people to go home and all that, they're kind to help you. Like plane it somewhat like how about like later tonight at this event.
Speaker 1: Right, and especially I'm sure it's really hard to send people home. It probably feels.
Speaker 2: Like I mean, there were girls crying after meeting you for fourteen minutes. Yeah, I was like, what's going on there?
Speaker 4: God blessom? But no, it's like it's even harder because the Bachelor it's easy. You know, you have a rose ceremony, so you're like oy for you who didn't get roses, right, hit the deck. But with this you have to actually go through a breakup with every individual.
Speaker 2: Girl, and that looks brutal because it is brutal.
Speaker 1: I've never seen people do it kind of more honestly, and it's so uncomfortable because it's sadly only one poor human being who's you're being sent home and then.
Speaker 2: Everybody else is together.
Speaker 1: So I felt like that woman last night in the Shocking Pink kind of had to kind of walk the road of shame as she was dreams and I agree. But when she said that they had a good conversation, when like it was really a bizarre conversation, then I thought, like you made the right choice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, so sorry for those girls, but you know, i'd like you guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but even if you sign up for it, like it doesn't make you it feel.
Speaker 2: It is different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I have so many friends that are in the public eye, and I think to myself, like I couldn't do it, Like I just couldn't do it in that way.
Speaker 2: I couldn't. I'm too sensitive.
Speaker 1: It would about my feelings even if you do have some things people say, and also the feeling of being misunderstood, like preconceived notions or whatever. It's like you want to explain it, but it just makes it worse.
Speaker 2: It's like, right, you know, and.
Speaker 3: There's only so much that they air too, you know that you yeah, stuff like that in small conversations or things. So yeah, it is difficult because and did.
Speaker 2: You guys become close to it two?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we don't really like each other that much, but I don't honestly like being on this zoom right now.
Speaker 2: Is offensive.
Speaker 1: Do you guys all get together though still or I mean you guys all live in different places.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we did, Like we're the first episode of this film was at a hunting ranch in Alabama and they invited those guys back to state, you know, just off camera for the weekend and have a good time.
Speaker 2: Was it during hunting season?
Speaker 3: It was, Yeah, we did a little hunt out there.
Speaker 2: What were you hunting? We're birds?
Speaker 4: Well, we weren't hunting. I mean, it's one of those it's a it's an upland bird lodge and it's some of these lodges. You know, they'll they'll raise the quail and chucker and pheasant and stuff. They playing them out in the field for you to have like a you know, fun time. So that's what we did, you know, Like we didn't. We weren't out there stalking and birds and trying to hunt them down and kill them.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't want to. They don't want to. They don't want to be draged. Mom. They love animals.
Speaker 1: Wait, so tell me something, do you guys Is there a moment on the show that we haven't seen or we have seen that you guys are like, oh, I wish I could do that again, or I made a mistaken Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean it's like whatever happens is fine at this point for me at least. But I think at first, especially for us, we're not used to being on camera or have all the attention on us. So for me, if I could like start over and to do the first few episodes again with like the more confidence, I guess you could say, now, yeah, I'd like to go back in and like redo that.
Speaker 4: But I mean you.
Speaker 1: Seemed very confident, just so you know, well now you both seem very comfortable in who you are.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I love a dirty martini too, the best.
Speaker 4: I actually don't really like them dirty. I just had to do that to, you know, make the girls feel comfortable.
Speaker 1: I get the olive juice on the side and I put it in a little bit, okay, and it's really good.
Speaker 2: And so have people like been in your d M since you aired?
Speaker 4: Not at all? No, I'm kidding, it's a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. Would you say, did you say hoores? I said hordes are e? No, I thought, no, I'm not even gonna go get I did not say that it's hard.
Speaker 1: And do you feel like they're like blurting I just need to know just someone sarcastic.
Speaker 4: And yeah, it's like sarcastic banter, like lightly taking jabs at the other person.
Speaker 2: There is hard to get.
Speaker 4: Yeah, essentially, you know, like being sarcastic and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, does that appeal to you guys? It appeals to John. I didn't make sense trying to get a hint.
Speaker 4: It makes it a little more casual. I think, you know, it kind of the ice a little h it breaks the ice, displays a sense of confidence and stuff. You're not like so dead focused on, you know, saying the wrong thing. You're more just like okay and.
Speaker 1: Fun not what's your ideal situation in regards to like, do you like mean flirting?
Speaker 2: Do you like just.
Speaker 3: Flirting like praise that word that John coined across the.
Speaker 2: Internet but I never heard of it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I like that it's more to a degree if it's actually mean at some point, yeah, maybe not, but it's got fun teasing ye things, you know, because I like just like that in generally like to have fun and like joke around and all that kind of stuff. And when you're on these dates sometimes even in real life, and it's so like serious about your goals and like all Studdens like that, it's kind of a lot, you.
Speaker 1: Know, right, well, it's like your fast forwarding. What makes it work so well? I'm sorry, so, but maybe that's what makes it so attractive from all the other reality shows that I've watched. Is maybe the fact that you are so natural and it feels like everybody else is pretty natural in front of the camera guy wise, but maybe, well, it may be why it's working so well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think honestly you can credit that to immediately us getting along so well right when we all first met, because we all met each other and were able to hang out for long periods of time before we even got a chance to sit down with these girls, so we were already somewhat coming out of our shell and being ourselves, so, you know, and shows like The Bachelor, when it's one guy, I can't imagine that he's being self right off the bat. There's nowhere And.
Speaker 1: It's also he doesn't have like that, but he doesn't have anyone to bounce anything off of. He doesn't have anybody to like go through this experience with him. I think it's nice that you guys have this common love of what you do and then also can like go through this together because it's a big culture shock.
Speaker 2: I'm sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you need that camaraderie to get you through something like this.
Speaker 2: Have you had any interviews that you really didn't.
Speaker 4: Like, like on the show or for press?
Speaker 2: No, like for press or you know, like any really.
Speaker 3: I would say what John and I have been talking about is like a lot of the ones who've done so far are maybe a little more serious, and it's like these outline questions of like why'd you on the show, Like you know, what was your experience? Like like that kind of stuff, and we like this like we just want to like talk back and forth and have like.
Speaker 1: I saw that you guys did Jen Fessler's Yeah that was fun though you also met.
Speaker 2: I met her there too.
Speaker 4: Yeah he's great.
Speaker 2: I'm a big big Housewife fan, so I was fired up. I was excited.
Speaker 4: Yeah she's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're doing her next week.
Speaker 4: We're exciting you are ye, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: We have a busy week. We we we really do. But this has been fun. I mean we've only my mom and I've only been doing this.
Speaker 2: Since October, so this is like brand new. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, I thought this was like a well established podcast. Sorry, guys, like I'm saying, that's that's that's the type of that's how it came off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you know we're well established.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry we didn't get the green memo.
Speaker 1: Also, sorry, by the way, we do not we don't even like were. We both live in la but we're not together, and we both are wearing green sweatshirts.
Speaker 2: Made by the same company, which is how you know the mother and dada. So do you guys both want kids?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: What's your timeline situation because you're both young. On the younger side, I'm older than John, but yeah, you're thirty one.
Speaker 3: My take is like I would have gotten married five years ago and start having kids if I met the right person. I do want that, but I'm willing to wait till I have the right Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, yes, oh my god, you have to you have to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd rather wait however long it takes and do it right than yeah, try to Russia for that reason. But yeah, I want a bunch of kids up doing that whenever.
Speaker 2: So yeah, what about you?
Speaker 4: Yeah this, you know, I don't want to rush into it, but you know, I don't want to also wait so long. I have a lot of you know, cousins and uncles who are you know, well past the I guess normal age of having children, and it just doesn't look that very appealing.
Speaker 1: I got to call them out and overthink it. You just can't overthink it, and you just have to keep being so natural and and have fun with it, like in real life.
Speaker 2: That's what happens.
Speaker 1: It just happens to be that a camera is on you twenty four to seven. But but the chemistry will tell you when that feeling is right. I agree with you, Matt. The best laid plans forget about it. You know, they just you think, go up and smoke, you know, but when it's right, it's right.
Speaker 2: It's I knew I was going to marry my husband on our first date. Really I knew what was Oh.
Speaker 1: I was like you knew with Rob, you knew with Dad? No, I knew with Daddy, Okay, I just I just I just knew.
Speaker 2: We talked.
Speaker 1: It was weird because well I was twenty five and he was thirty two, but so I was young. But I just knew, Like we just we talked that whole night about everything that we wanted, and it just was similar in you know what our goals were, and we actually broke up for like how long was it, mom?
Speaker 2: Like four months?
Speaker 3: Ye?
Speaker 2: Yes, when we were were dated for a year.
Speaker 1: Then we broke up for four months and I was like, I was so and then we got back together and we've been together. We've been married now for sixteen years.
Speaker 2: So a long time. But like I just knew, and I believe that to be true.
Speaker 1: I believe that most people know, like when they meet somebody, And I've never obviously done it the way you guys are doing it. But I feel like, regardless, you can kind of feel what it is right away.
Speaker 4: Definitely had you felt that before with someone else or that was the first time you had felt now.
Speaker 2: Not like that, Like I dated a ton and I had boyfriend. Shut your mouth, Oh no, wow, you're saying. And I know.
Speaker 1: I but I had I had like long term boyfriends, but this was totally different, and I was in a different place like I was, even though I mean, twenty five to me is young in LA, it's different. I feel like when you grow up in a town where like everybody's kind of trajectory.
Speaker 2: As you go to school, you kind of stay where you are and you get married.
Speaker 1: It was very different, but I just knew and I knew that it was different immediately, and it was.
Speaker 2: It's the best decision.
Speaker 1: I've ever made, and I'm excited for you guys. It kind of if you feel my experiences, you feel like you're home. You know, there's someone you meet and it kind of clicks, and so you're not like checking off a list because first it's the chemistry, but but there is this feeling of coziness and comfort in your stomach that just you know, it's important. It's important to just feel that comfort level. You know, had you, guys, ever met somebody, dated somebody long term before that you thought you were going to marry before coming on this show.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Matt, you said you did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right on the show longer term relationships and somewhere I thought it could be pretty serious, but it was like more of an attraction thing, like a lot of chemistry, but then like everything else wasn't right, and it's like you're trying to make it work, but you kind of just you know, you kind of know in your head, you're like if I don't know, like I really like this person, but it's not it's not easy, you know, It's like it should be. You have to work towards anything, but it shouldn't have to be like this uphill battle on everything the experience I've had, Yeah, and then I look at my parents have been married for like forty six years and my grandparents in the line, and it just wasn't like that. You know, It's like, yeah, there's problems, you got to work stuff out and this and that, but you you know, it should be like a no brainer. Should just also kind of work.
Speaker 1: To mom, You're going to be married forty seven years this year, right, yes, yes, yeah, hard to believe.
Speaker 4: Congrats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's hard for me to believe. But but it's it's great and it's true there are always issues, but the key is if you can get through it, if you like each other, if you respect each other, and you can, you know, get through and you do, and but it has to be, you know, worth it for the long haul.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: Right, What about if you have differing beliefs on certain things. Have you guys ever experienced that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That we I I'm sorry Zoe, that I did. With Henry because he was raised in a very strict family, He's raised an abusive household, abusive to, but verbally abusive.
Speaker 2: And very Germanic, and that means german. It is. It is really.
Speaker 1: Easier if you have more in common. I mean that just is the truth. It's easier if you were raised similarly, if you have similar values. I think that's important because again, there are so many things and life it's so crazy that if you have like a mutual understanding or feeling about the most important values. I don't think I think if you meet someone, that feels great, but you are so totally different from the get go, I don't think that that.
Speaker 2: No. I mean I think that feels at the.
Speaker 1: Core, like my husband's super outdoorsy, I am not, and I was who I was.
Speaker 2: Those kinds of things you can overcome. But the main things, the most important things, and especially when you have kids, it just gets so much harder because it's the best. But it's also like you're responsible for these human beings and you want to be the best you can be for them. And also I think the most important thing in a relationship is to continue working on it. Like we work really hard to just be like the best people, and we talk and we have hard conversations and I am not.
Speaker 1: I know that, and I you know, work really hard on being able to hear what he's saying and not get defensive. And you know, like I think it's important to have the same core values, but you can have different interests, you know, like I don't think like that matters. Like I don't ever want to go see The Grateful Dead. He is going three times in the next three months. Like I'm like, I have the best time. I love you so much. Never will I be there. So it's like those kinds of things I think are fine, but I think it's really hard if you don't have like the same core beliefs.
Speaker 2: I just think that that's difficult.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And that's the one of the things we talked about a lot on the show is because you know, we went through a whole matchmaking phase before if we start filming, and we talked about these very core beliefs that we all believed in. Like for me, it was faith and family and hard work and you know, taking.
Speaker 2: Care of you. You want to Jewish, right, you're Jewish.
Speaker 4: Just kidding, nothing wrong with it.
Speaker 2: I'm just not go on, sweetheart, we get it. Go on.
Speaker 4: But yeah, we talked about that stuff. On the show because then you meet these girls and of course they all have the same core values because that's basically how you were match made. But then it just comes down to figure out your interests.
Speaker 2: Not necessarily, by the way.
Speaker 1: Were any of them Do any of them completely opposite of you?
Speaker 2: Did they?
Speaker 1: Did? They put in some women maybe that you guys had different core beliefs.
Speaker 4: Uh different ring I wouldn't say different, but yeah, definitely right.
Speaker 3: That's just life too.
Speaker 2: No one's gonna yeah, no, one don't want that.
Speaker 1: You don't want somebody that completely I think, Yeah, you don't want somebody that's just gonna be exactly you, because that's not fun.
Speaker 4: Exactly you know. Yeah, that's one of the things I talked about too, is I had a past relationship where the person was exactly like me and it got dull quick.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You want someone to challenge you, and you want it to be fun and you want to step outside your comfort r.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, I've been with yourself for twenty six years.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So do you guys get married on the show. Is it like a wedding or no?
Speaker 4: No, No, I don't know how they do this because he's only been here for three seasons. But if I don't know, potentially down the line, if one of us were to marry the person we chose, maybe they'd cover it.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Have the other people and the last two seasons.
Speaker 2: Gone on to be a couple.
Speaker 3: I know from last season there's two out of the four guys are still with their girls.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure about season one. Not married, but they're still together and we've met them a couple of times.
Speaker 2: Okay, well that's like that's a two out of four is really good. Yeah, and I hope The Bachelor does not have that grade of a success.
Speaker 3: And yeah, that's a whole nother ball game.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Love is Blind only got one couple. I watched it on the whole way back for Hawaii week.
Speaker 4: That show is insane, I don't know, insane.
Speaker 1: Insane, and they I mean, they should do like a sociological experiment on the people that go on that show, because I'm just like, what the fuck is happening? But I think this felt so different, Like it just the show just feels different. You guys are so likable, and to be honest, I was not thinking that I was going to enjoy the show as much as I did, and I loved it and I can't wait for the third episode. Also, Kimberly, I met her when she was at Northwestern.
Speaker 2: Oh the host.
Speaker 1: I was like, wait, Kimberly, No, Kimberly Williams Paisley. She sets the tone and she is incredible. She I met her because she was going with a young boy that I was.
Speaker 2: Very close to. What did she date?
Speaker 1: She was dating John, the boy who was so sick and died.
Speaker 2: Way to go. Thanks mom, No, I'm.
Speaker 1: Sorry, but she but she was he's dead and she had such good values and she came over to our house with them with h my.
Speaker 2: Best friend's parents made father of the bride.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, we met her Annie and Allie so we met her that way too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was lovely. We got to hang out with her off camera. Get amount. We've seen her on this press stuff and all that, and she's very sweet.
Speaker 1: She's good and she here's what she is solid And I think you want someone solid. And don't shake your head at me. You asked who it was so I had I'm not My head is straight, completely not moving.
Speaker 3: One of your guys family events, you.
Speaker 2: Guys to come to dinner to La.
Speaker 1: Come to La and come you're welcome. We would have room at our table and yeah, you guys have to come over.
Speaker 2: This would be fun fun.
Speaker 4: I could bring some corn wheat and soybeans and Max, yes, bring some avocados and finger lines.
Speaker 1: My son's into passion fruit, which one indie, Oh great, you had a surgery and she couldn't eat. I said what would you like and she said, I'd like a smoothie And I.
Speaker 2: Said, oh fabulous.
Speaker 1: What blueberry strawberry passion fruit? WHOA that puts me up a tree?
Speaker 2: Do we see them outside?
Speaker 3: Is actually passion right here?
Speaker 2: This this, and I love the drag and fruit.
Speaker 1: Also, we had that in Thailand, so beautiful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's pretty amazing. I'll send you guys a box of produce.
Speaker 2: I agree. My son, my thirteen year old, wants to be a chef today.
Speaker 1: Actually it's still spring break and we were away for a week and we're home and he wants to make beef Wellington today.
Speaker 2: So I took him to the market this morning. Curiously before No, he's.
Speaker 1: Never done it before, so he's just trying it. We went to the butcher and he I was you know, he did the whole thing. So we'll see he's getting it right now in everything. Huh yeah, crusted. He already chopped up all the mushrooms he is.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We sit down to dinner every night except for Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and on Sundays. We do family dinner like we're a whole family, and so that's really important. My husband is in construction. He owns a contracting company, so he leaves too brilliant in the morning and he's home for dinner. And it's great. And Ace and Ice, my oldest we cooked together and it's really fun.
Speaker 2: And you were raised that way. I was. We ate dinner together. There was a chef, a real chef, but yes, I was. By the way, it was great. I learned how to cook. I learn from me too, Yes I did. Actually she's an amazing cook.
Speaker 1: But when you guys come, the cheff will cook.
Speaker 3: It is really coming together.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be great. I mean really, saw and Vile. Well, guys, this was great. Oh wait, I want to ask one more question.
Speaker 1: What did you think Was there a lot of tension between the girls and was that uncomfortable?
Speaker 2: Sometimes?
Speaker 3: Yes? And no, wow for me, my girls overall got along very well. They're all still friends for the most part in stay communication. So that was really cool because not only do I want to find some but I wanted them to enjoy their time here. They're living in my house, around my family and our ranch. Like, even if it doesn't work out with us, I still want it's a good time here. And they really did have fun. They were doing yoga outside every morning and drinking wine in the evenings. They're shopping on their days off. Like they had a great time.
Speaker 1: Any Way, sounds like I should go on the show yoga, wine and shopping.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but of course, you know, when there's that many women in one household and they're trying to together, there was issues that arose.
Speaker 1: I saw them last night, especially with your gals.
Speaker 2: John.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, funny enough is like we literally have a group chat at me and all of them. So it's like whatever happened on the show is definitely didn't lead into real life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, It's like in the moment, it just feels emotional on the.
Speaker 4: Moment, I know, I can tell you that, Like I didn't experience any of it firsthand, but I think there were some you know, pretty feisty brawls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, girls are tough.
Speaker 1: They Yeah, that would be horrible, like to all date the same person.
Speaker 2: I would be so confused.
Speaker 3: And there's a lot of one on you know, runs away from home and tired and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, living in a bunk bed by the way, that would be the worst part.
Speaker 4: This thing like crazy, I can't imagine.
Speaker 2: Very cute. I like it. We'll get you on, mom, We'll get you one.
Speaker 1: All be ready, you guys, thank you so much for joining us.
Speaker 2: We're so grateful.
Speaker 1: Please please please DM me when you come to La and we will have you guys over for dinner.
Speaker 3: And you're always welcome here at Moro Bed. When to come for a little ranch tour.
Speaker 2: I would love it. I would love to bring my Kids' pretty cool. Your kids would love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got three nephews.
Speaker 2: So I saw.
Speaker 1: I was looking at your Instagram page, thank you. I was looking at both of yours and that, guys, are that house in outside of Saint Louis. That's some ranch house. Yeah, colonial house.
Speaker 4: It's worked pretty hard. In full disclosure, I saw like a TikTok that's all over. This house was built in two thousand and eight. I don't know if people are just thinking that it's.
Speaker 2: You know, not not as opposed to what what are they.
Speaker 3: Thinking from the seventeen Oh my god, everyone.
Speaker 2: Just needs to get a life. Were good. It's a beautiful house.
Speaker 1: It's a beautiful house, and I would be very happy in it, and so will one of the ladies.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, I know that John has an interview, so we have to jump off because he's a very busy man.
Speaker 1: John and out John and matter in the hand, So we gotta go and go.
Speaker 4: Okay, so much for having us.
Speaker 1: Seriously, thank you guys so much. I hope we get to see you soon.
Speaker 3: Great speak with.
Speaker 1: You, and we'll be watching on Friday, I mean on Thursday Thursdays at eight central.
Speaker 2: Eight central on Fox and Hulu. I watched it on Hulu.
Speaker 4: Yeah, who is better because you have to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so just watch it on Hulu. It's so good, yeah, really great.
Speaker 2: All right, guys.
Speaker 1: Okay, ye bye, Oh my gosh. That was literally heaven on Earth. My mom and I could not stop talking to them, and I'm leaving right now for more, obey, and I will then be going on to Saint Louis. So I hope Mom, you'll take care of my family. No, I'll be with you and okay, you guys, please watch Farmer Wants a Wife Thursdays on Fox at nine eighth Central and the next day on Hulu.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to another episode of What in the Winkler.
Speaker 2: We'll see you soon. Bye,