Speaker 1: Welcome to the Truth with Lisa Booth. Today, we've got Attorney General Ken Paxson on the show. He just announced a primary run against John Cornyn for Senate, so of course I'm going to ask him about that. Why do you decide a run? What are his chances? We'll dig into that. Also, I don't know if you saw, but the New York Times is now coining a new phrase for the left dark woke. Sounds stupid, probably because it is. What does it mean? What do you need to know about it? Also? Was Biden's border crisis just a deliberate ploy to flood the country with new voters and also to skew the senses and electoral college votes? We'll dig in with Ken Paxton. And why are Democrats just doubling down on men and women's sports? We know what's a twenty percent issue for them, so why double down? So from these political power grabs to these cultural controversies, We're going to dig into all of it and get the truth with Attorney General Ken Paxton. Stay tuned.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: Attorney General Ken Paxton, it's great to have you on the show. I appreciate you making the time.
Speaker 2: Hey, glad to be back and you have a great show, and I'm glad, to be honest.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it. So I wanted to start out. I don't know if you saw so. Democrats are like desperately trying to figure out their footing, as we've seen. And there's this New York Times article we talked about it on out Numbered today, which I just thought it was really funny. I don't know if you saw this, and it's they're calling it the dark woke, and the New York Times quote says, what is dark woke? Democrats are trying out a new attitude. It's provocative, edgy and perilously towing the line of not being too offensive. But it just sort of underscores this journey that the Democrat Party has been on. Why do you think they're struggling so hard to find their footing.
Speaker 2: Because this wotness that they promoted doesn't work. People don't benefit from it. They don't get it. They see that the results of it are bad for America, and it's bad for them, bad for their families, bad for their kids.
Speaker 3: There's no upside to it.
Speaker 2: It's just liberal policy that harms people, that doesn't provide benefits, and people have figured it out, so they're struggling.
Speaker 3: To find a new message in a new narrative.
Speaker 1: I had this conversation with Pal Morrow, who I'm sure you're familiar with from Fox, and we're talking about with all these judges trying to block President Trump from following through with this promise of mass deportations. And if you really think about it's kind of genius from the left to have allowed millions of legal aliens into the country because I think they knew that it would be difficult to try to deport them. You know, you look at the Immigration Court, there's a backlog over three point six million people already. Even for non asylum cases, the proceedings can take a couple of years. Well, will we ever be able to get rid of some of these people?
Speaker 3: Look, of course, Well, I think these judges are out of control, no doubt.
Speaker 2: There is a place for a nationwide injunction, but usually relates to things like we did when we sued Joe Biden for not enforcing deportation laws. This is a president Donald Trump was actually trying to enforce the existing sixsting laws, and these judges are stepping into a role that is not theirs.
Speaker 3: They're not the executive, they're not the president.
Speaker 2: But I do think over time, we're going to win these cases, and I think we're going to start seeing Trump the Trump administration push more and more of these illegals out. You're right, the left their philosophy was get these people in here as fast as possible, and that's what they did. They got what it was like three or four million people a year that they pushed in this country and moved them all over the country and took care of all of their needs to the detriment of the American people.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think he's smart to use things like the Alien Enemies Act, right. I think that was part of the plan to sort of allow to make removal easier, you know, particularly for you know, these gang bangers and bad people. What do you think to yourself when you see Democrats like Chris van Holland going to El Salvador to advocate for a guy and a legal alien who you know, a couple judges thought to believe that he was an MS thirteen member, that even the Prince George's police department thought to be an MS thirteen member.
Speaker 2: I think that the Centator is a pathetic senator because you're talking about people in this country that are that did really bad things, have done evil things to American people that are doing evil things that will be a risk and a threat.
Speaker 3: I mean, they're one there here.
Speaker 2: Illegally, but second of all, they're being targeted because they're criminals. What and we got centators you think that he had. He's got a multi trillion dollar budget depths that every year. He's got all kinds of problems in America and he's off helping some guy in Al salad Or who's a threat to our society. I don't know what's wrong with that centator, but he's got he's got issues.
Speaker 1: Well, it clearly shows that we're not the priority, right Like they don't care. They've given up trying to appeal to, you know, American voters, right like, they don't it's not about America first, it's Americans last. And you know, and you see like they don't even really have to clear a pathway for illegal aliens to be able to vote because they're already impacting the diet of the power dynamics in the country. With the census, right of non citizens being included in the apportionment for both the House of representatives as well as for electoral colleges. And we heard from represent Vivette Clark during a hearing in twenty twenty one, and she said, my district can absorb a significant number of these migrants, adding I just need more people in my district for redistricting purposes.
Speaker 3: That's one of them. News, I mean, that's kind of the goal, right, Yeah, yeah, it's one of the nefarious goals. I think there's several goals.
Speaker 2: That's certainly they ultimately want these people voting, but definitely the first step was using those numbers to add their numbers in the House so they can control the US House and potentially even affects Senate seats so there's no potentially presidential election. So there's no doubt that they had to various purposes. They know they can't win on their message.
Speaker 3: They don't. They see it. They see that their message doesn't.
Speaker 2: Help America, and so they import votes and they import strategies that help them hold on to power at the expense of the American people.
Speaker 1: Why do you think, I know that you've been fighting against this, even in red state of Texas, but why are Democrats doubling down on men and women's sports.
Speaker 2: You know that one's even a mystery to me. I don't understand why any parent, which most of these Democrats are parents who have daughters, would want their daughters to have to deal with this issue because it effectively eliminates daughters from being able to compete in sports. And I don't the whole purpose of federal laws protecting, you know, women's sports was this so that they would have an opportunity to compete. They'd have fair opportunity to compete, fair opportunit to participate. And now the Democrats are saying, no, we're gonna let men have an unfair advantage and come competing against women. It doesn't make any sense to me. I don't even I don't understand at all. It's one of the most I guess, mysterious positions that they've taken.
Speaker 1: You know, it's interesting too. I'm sure you remember, like I was working on Capitol Hill and in politics, and I remember the whole like Warren women, right, like Republicans were engaging in this Warren woman. It played out in the twenty twelve presidential race as well, with Mitt Romney being like a binder's full of women, which was a strange comment to make, but you know, I digress. But now to your point, it's like it's not just engaging a war and win, they're trying to erase women. Like it's like it's confusing.
Speaker 3: It's very confusing. I mean, these were designed to give them, you know, some funding and some opportunity and sort.
Speaker 2: Of generally agreed on by you know, it was a bipartist and really issue, even though they claimed it it was a democratic issue. The reality is now they've flipped it on his head and they're opposing women. I'm shocked at more democratic women aren't upset about this. Those women have children as well. They have daughters who should have a fair opportunity to compete and be equally funded. And that's obviously getting flipped the head. If you allow men to participate in women's sports, I don't even understand why. Honestly, I don't understand why men want to participate in women's sports. It seems like a I don't know, they have an unfair advantage, and why they would feel good about themselves winning in a women's sports I don't I don't understand that either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, like the men doing that, I question their desire to want to be in a women's locker room. I question their desire to want to steal those opportunities for women. You know that makes me very suspicious of these men right and there you know what their true motivations are. It's you know, question their mental health as well. We've got more with Attorney General Ken Paxton. But first, as we celebrate this holy season, let's take a moment to reflect on God's creation you. In palms, we learn that God knit you together in your mother's will. His eyes saw your unformed body. He saw who you were created to be before you became you. Preborn Ministries wants to remind you that each one of you is made in the image of God and life is sacred. Life is eternal. You may have come to Earth as an unplanned pregnancy, but whether planned or unplanned, your life is value and every day of your life is ordained by God. Please take a moment today to thank God for life, and we invite you to remember babies in their mother's wombs. Their lives count two. Last year alone, Preborn's network of clinics rescued over sixty seven thousand babies from abortion. Your tax deductible donation of twenty eight dollars sponsors one ultrasound and doubles a Baby's Chance at Life. How many babies can you save? Please donate your best gift today. Just styal pound two fifty and say the keyword baby. That's pound two fifty baby. Or go to preborn dot com slash booth. That's preborn dot com slash booth sponsored by preborn preborn dot com slash booth. You've decided to get in to PRIMARYNG Senator John Cornyan. What provoked that? Why did you make that decision?
Speaker 2: So it's just been too long. He's been there for twenty four years. He wants to be there for thirty three decades of serving Mitch McConnell. Effectively, what he's done, it's been Mitch McConnell's lap dog, and he hasn't represented the people of Texas. Okay, maybe he's a Republican from New York. We might accept his weak behavior and his lack of ability to lead on important Republican issues. But you know, he's been the guy that was, you know, Joe Biden's guy for passing gun restrictions.
Speaker 3: Well, that wasn't a very popular issue in text certainly not what we sent him to do, but he did it.
Speaker 2: He enabled the ATF to push forward even greater expansive gun restrictions that I had to go sue them over. Had John Cornyn not done that, I wouldn't be in the middle of those lawsuits. But he effectively is fighting against his own people. He's been an outspoken critic of the border wall and Trump's orderwall. He said it over and over that he didn't want a border wall. He's insinuated at Amstey is a path that he likes that's again very unpopular in Texas.
Speaker 3: And he's also been as been he's been.
Speaker 2: An opposition to for President Trump in twenty sixteen when he said he was an albatross around our neck, and then in twenty twenty four he insinuated that he was a criminal and that he was not going to support Trumpy, that we needed to move in a different direction.
Speaker 3: And I heard him on the radio today.
Speaker 2: Supposedly saying that he was he's just as aligned with Donald Trump's I am, well, maybe today Johnny comme lately because he's in a primary, but that has not been his position over the last you know, twelve years or ten years that Trump's been around.
Speaker 1: And I think Texas is kind of an interesting state too, because it's sort of like loosing the football for Democrats. You know, they keeping like, this is our cycle, We're going to you know, we're going to win statewide and then you know, inevitably they don't. You know, sort of looking ahead at the midterms, you know, what are you seeing in Texas? You know, what are you hearing sort of electorally of what this might look like for us as a party.
Speaker 3: You know, we're pretty far out, I think.
Speaker 2: You know, midterms typically don't go as well for the party in power, But it all depends on performance. And if Trump can can pick up this economy, which I think he will, He's had success in the past. If the economy is again shape, usually that means good things for the party in power. So I'm optimistic because I believe in Donald Trump. I believe in his policies, and I think they're good for America. So as long as we're performing well in two years, I think we'll be fine. If we have trouble with the economy for whatever reason, then there that's always more of a challenge.
Speaker 1: Where are you on the tariffs?
Speaker 2: I'm a free trader, but I also want fair trade. And I think what the President's trying to address is the fact that many of these countries, particularly China, but other countries as well, have not treated as fairly, and I think he's trying to even the playing field.
Speaker 3: I think in the end, we're.
Speaker 2: Going to see a lot of a lot more trade, a lot more free trade, and it's not going to be so one sided. I think what the President trying to do is correct the wrongs of the past that no other president willing to do. And we've been at the short end of the stick, and I think he's trying to fix that. And you know, I applaud him for making the significant attempt to do that.
Speaker 1: How do you think he's doing so far this term.
Speaker 2: Look, I think he's working faster than I've ever seen any president work. And I said that about his first term, that he was the most effective president in four years that I'd ever seen, getting more good things done for Americans than I did anyone. And I was a huge Ronald Reagan pivot. Ronald Reagan did what he did in eight years. Trump did what he did in four years. And the reality is he's moving even faster with this dough stuff and putting out the executive orders to eliminate regulations and to free up the American economy. He's putting in great people into cabinet positions. I mean, I give the guy a for the first few months of his term. I hope it continues, and I think it will.
Speaker 1: Have you been surprised at all to the opposition to DOGE and trying to cut some federal spending.
Speaker 3: No, I expected.
Speaker 2: There's entrenched power forces, people making trillions. You know, we got trillions of dollars in debt. They're making billions of dollars. Lookt Stacey Averys gets a payoff of two billion or whatever she got for her tiny little nonprofit. Of course, people are going to hate the stop of free money that doesn't benefit any of us except the people that are getting it. So I totally am not surprised by the resistance to the gravy training, the free money, the taxpayer payouts. It's necessary for us to get our budget and our deficit under control, and of course there's going to be opposition to doing the right thing. Thank you President Trump and Elon Musk for getting this done.
Speaker 1: Are you sure you want to try to go to Washington, d C. There's that infamous quote that you know, if you want a friend in Washington, get a dog, you.
Speaker 3: Know, like, are you sure?
Speaker 1: Are you sure you want to.
Speaker 3: Go to DC.
Speaker 2: I'm not going for fun. I'm not going to make friends. I'm going to represent my stay in a way. It's been better than John Coryn even dreamed of trying. He's this is the first attempt he's made a trying now that he has a primary opponent. But you know, we just deserve better representation. If we're going to fix this country, we can't have a John Cornyn from Texas messing that up. We need two good centers. We have one, Ted Cruz, and we can see the difference. It's pretty clear that the people of Texas has two very different centers. Ted Cruz is a shining example of what you need to be and John corn is a failure. And it's time even his own supporters know that he should run for his fifth term. He's been in office over forty years and he's a thirty year incumbent in the US Senate. That's too long. John, take a vacation, do something different, retire. But it's been.
Speaker 3: Too long at Treney.
Speaker 1: General, is there anything else you'd like to leave us with before we go?
Speaker 2: Look, I think that we have a great opportunity here. We have a great president, we have great leaders with great vice president.
Speaker 3: We have the House, we have the Senate.
Speaker 2: We have the opportunity now if we continue to elect conservative Republicans will push the envelope, we can fix the problems that we have, get us on a better path, and we have a bright future. If we don't do that and we just waste our four years and we don't elect the right people, then we're going.
Speaker 3: To suffer the consequence. So I'm optimistic and that's why I'm.
Speaker 1: Running Attorney General. Can Paston of Texas appreciate you making the time.
Speaker 3: Sir, Hey, thank you. Have a great day.
Speaker 1: I want to thank Attorney General Ken Paxton for coming on the show. I want to thank you guys at home for listening every Tuesday and Thursday, but you can listen throughout the week until next time.