Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on this stock movers report the company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenovak, Romain Bostic and Scarlet Food.
Speaker 3: All right, S ANDV five two hundred and fifty two names to the upside folks. You've got two hundred and forty nine losing ground too unchanged.
Speaker 1: And we take a look at the imap, the circle as Katie Greifeld will call it here, and it gets to this idea here of the rotation that we've seen over the past few sessions, this idea that it is industrials and it is energy and financials that have been leading the charge. Tech did get a bit in there, bullshit point out A big part of the reason why you see Tech in the green today is because of that big push up by Meta.
Speaker 3: All Right, so let's go there because that is my number one gainer. You can see it playing out. It is the number one gainer in fact in the Nasdaq one hundred stock finishing off its highs that its TIES was up about five point seven percent, but finishing with a gain of about three and a half percent for the Thursday Trade that exclusive by our own Kurt Wagner on how Mark Zuckerberg is expected to cut resources when it comes to building out the Metaverse. Remember back in twenty twenty one, that's what it was all about. They changed the company name. It was going to be the future of the company. Sounds like they are dialing that back. Executives have apparently discussed potential budget cuts as much as thirty percent for the Metaverse group next year, and that could.
Speaker 1: Just see the joke online. Now everybody's trying to buy up domain names that they think Meta's going to them when they change their name to something ai.
Speaker 4: Has it occurred?
Speaker 3: Do you think it's going to be Meta AI? And he's like, I don't even know why not.
Speaker 1: I've cost a couple hundred bucks and may make a few million.
Speaker 5: I love, I love.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to Dollar General. As you mentioned, Romaine, we are still getting earnings. We got a lot of that from the retail community this week. This talk pretty much finishing at its best levels of the day of fourteen percent, number one gainer in the S and P five hundred dollar General raising it's full your outlook, highlighting value focused retailers are winning over consumers hunting for deals. So interesting when you see people looking for deals, maybe trading down even at a dollar. General they did cite some share gains in both its consumable and non consumable categories, suggesting its low cost groceries are winning over customers. And then one more something a little different, ge Veranova. This was a top gainer in the S and P five hundred, up about four and a half percent. Barklay's analyst coming out maintaining an overweight, raising the price target from seven ten to seven twenty. Some company news they won a repeat wind turbine order from Greenvilt in Romania. I just thought i'd throw that in a little extra Stuck is up about ninety three percent year today, So talk about some outperformance here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, how about a little underperformance because I'm looking at the decliners. Intel leading the pack there for the S and P five hundred to day. Not a great day for Intel investors. Stock off about seven and a half percent, but you know what, it's still up about one hundred percent year to date, coming off a strong Q three numbers. But Intel says it's going to keep its networking division in House, So this reverses plans that it had to spin it off or sell a stake. And it also has ended talks with ericson which we know had been exploring a potential investment in the network and edge group there at Intel. So Intel down more than seven percent today. Also among the big decliners, Win not really winning today when Resorts there was a warning actually from Marriott earlier today. They were at a conference and Marriott was talking about possible weakness in the US market that sort of dragged travel related stocks down. Win was one of them. But also when Resorts told investors that almost ninety percent of revenue from its new UAE project could come from gambling. So I don't know if people love the fact that so much of it, so much of revenue is going to be you.
Speaker 3: Know, everybody loves gambling.
Speaker 4: It seems we're getting casinos here in New York. So yeah, I think you're right by the way. So when off more than four percent on the day. Also down about four percent Kroger today, it cut its sales guidance. Shoppers get choosier. We keep hearing this theme increase competition from places like Walmart. Also, they're going to go back to paper coupons at Kroger, and they're also going to expand their private lys.
Speaker 1: We repeat that I missed that part of dark. That's the future.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't get your scissors out.
Speaker 3: Everything old is new again.
Speaker 1: I guess, okay, well, I guess my grandmother's charting. All right, let's take a quick look at yields. Another move higher pretty much across the curve today. I guess you could kind of call it a parallel shift three to four basis points pretty much from top to bottom. And I think, Alexis you kind of hit it on the head a little bit earlier, this idea that this is a market right now, kind of in waiting for next week, next Wednesday, where we do get that FED decision almost near certainty, we get a twenty five basis point cut. But more importantly, what comes after that, not just with RAKE cuts, but of course with FED leadership.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to some earnings crossing again. The retailers continue to report. I think this is where Romain shops. Zoomies up about eight and a quarter percent.
Speaker 4: My dog loves just saying they're hoodies. You know, they're all from Zoomies.
Speaker 3: I just want to quickly say third quarter net sales beating estimates, and so investors definitely running into this one remain.
Speaker 1: Stitch Fix Alta also crossing the wire right now, so too is Hewlett Packard Enterprise. The share is moving higher the knee jerk reaction after the release of the results, up about three percent. The company says that in its most recent quarter adsed DPS beat pretty handily sixty two cents of share. The street was looking for fifty eight cents. Server revenue a key metric that everybody has been keeping eye on coming in light four point four to six billion. The street was looking for four point seven billion if you round up now. Going forward, the company says that for the full fiscal year, this is the current year that we're in right now, it is raising that guidance four fiscal twenty twenty six here says ASTEDDPS will be in a range of two twenty five to two forty five. Had previously seen two twenty to two forty so basically raising that range by a nickel on both ends. As for revenue, nine to nine point four billion, and that actually is below street estimates. Nine billion to nine point four billion is the range that they're giving four revenue for the full year the street David was looking for nine point nine.
Speaker 3: All right, we've got Heulid Packard Enterprise just down about four ten seven percent. Let's go to Alta, which is up about one point six percent here in the after market. This company's been outperforming this year, up about twenty three percent year to date. Here's why investors are enthused in the after market. Alta sees fiscal year comp sales up four point four percent to four point seven percent. It had seen a rise of two and a half to three and a half percent, so that is certainly an upbeat forecast. Also sees fiscal year net sales of twelve point three billion. It had seen twelve billion to twelve point one, so, again upping its forecasts for fiscal year net sales, company says it sees fiscal year net news stores up sixty two point six percent. Had seen about sixty three percent. That sixty two point six smack in line with what the street's expecting. And just going back to third quarter third quarter EPs, big beat five to fourteen versus an estimate of four to sixty one. Third quarter net sales also beat two eighty six billion versus the estimate of two point seven to one billion. And guys, we've got Alta up about three point four percent. This was a subject to have a Bloomberg BusinessWeek cover story. Yes, they've been firing on all cylinders.
Speaker 1: All right, let's stay in the retail space. Stitch Fix, much smaller company out the sharezo get in a nice little pop. In the most recent quarter. The company still posting a loss, but revenue did come in slightly above expectations. As far as the forecast goes, the company says expect a first quarter loss. Excuse me. For the second quarter, the company is saying that it will actually flip that loss to a profit on a continuing basis. Also says that it sees revenue in the current fiscal second quarter of three thirty five to three hundred and forty the low end of that range, well above the average of street estimates.
Speaker 5: It's a huge week for retail earnings. And I think at a moment, we don't have a whole lot of data. We're getting data data as it comes in here. This inside that we get into the consumer is just fascinating. And again from both this company and from Ulti Beauty, you see that there is still willingness, it seems, among a lot of consumers to go out and buy stuff despite all uncertainting. Concerned about the economy.
Speaker 2: This stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.