Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, it's me Matt Rodgers, letting you know. Tickets are on sale now to see me on tour, the Prince of Christmas Tour, that is, I'm doing my whole album have you heard of Christmas? Plus a lot more with the whole band all throughout December. Go to www dot Matt Rodgers official dot com to see me in a city near you and now lost culch drums look mare, oh, I see you my own and look over there is that culture. Yes, goodness, lost culture ding, lost culturistas calling it's final here.
Speaker 2: Y'all think we wouldn't get to it.
Speaker 1: Y'all think too much? You played too much in our faces, in each other's faces, sometimes the readers Katie's publicist finalists. I see you out there, and you don't think we're gonna come up and keep our promises. This is the iconic four hundred. We're doing it. We're doing it.
Speaker 2: I feel like Halsey right now that the way the fans are attacking me.
Speaker 1: My god, she didn't make the list. She didn't make the list. I mean, that's okay, honorable mention, Halsey.
Speaker 2: Halsey, you are even though you don't go by this you are one of the iconic Ashleys.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's period. There's no doubt. If you think that, like if Halsey was on the list that that wouldn't have been one of the things we say that you're one of the iconic Ashleys, You're deeply mistaken.
Speaker 2: Look look at what watch us give Halsey more time and more light to shine than most than everybody on this list.
Speaker 1: And that is a honorable mention. That's why it's good to be honorable mentioned sometimes because you get talked about before the list. Because we're only giving each of these people, whether they're number four hundred or number two, thirty seconds each. We are about to fly through.
Speaker 2: This is gonna be I don't before we go down the street, I am just gonna say, with peace and love for both of us, I don't know if we're gonna stick to this all the way we're.
Speaker 1: Gonna do it. So Producer Rebecca is just offscreen with Chicha and Chicha here the dog, and basically she's gonna let us know when thirty seconds is up and we're going to move on to the next person, and we are going to make sure that all four hundred of these icons get their shine because this is to celebrate four hundred episodes of Lost Culture. Mind you, we did.
Speaker 2: Plaise ass the four hundred mark.
Speaker 1: I'm going to guess we're around like four thirty four or four to thirty five.
Speaker 2: Yes, something like that, something like that number of people in a in the House of Representatives.
Speaker 1: Wow, four thirty eight, five thirty eight.
Speaker 2: Four thirty five thirty electoral five thirty eight is the electoral college. You know, we're not here to talk about we're not here to talk about politics. And you know what, not many politicians made it onto the list just to give you a taste. Only the true, the true cultural movies and shakers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, only the real ones.
Speaker 2: Now, what do you think before we before we launch into this endeavor on a on a time bound structure.
Speaker 1: Yep, what do you have to say.
Speaker 2: About generally speaking, as we're as we're already doing, anything more to say about these people?
Speaker 1: If you're on this list, it means you've had a cultural impact. Okay, like that's really the only rubric. Yes, have you made a cultural impact that puts you in the top four hundred Richter scale culturally? Do you know what I mean? The pop culture Richter Scale. If you have registered at at least a nine point zero, you were considered for you.
Speaker 2: Were if you caused a cunt quake, you were on the short list for this list.
Speaker 1: And honestly, I think the short list was probably around seven hundred names. We called it down to four hundred. These are the iconic four hundred, not just people but cultural figure cultural figures.
Speaker 2: Can I just say though, as we were putting this together, I was up until three am last night. I could tell, And I was like, you could tell just just just from the delirium.
Speaker 1: No, because like the I well, let's just say this, the list wasn't made until until really this morning.
Speaker 2: And this is kind of the the best way that we operate. Oh, absolutely in a crunch, in a crunch, because you know, that's when things really pop the top of mind totally. And I also just want to say that, like it was not an easy thing where I was not. I think you and I are both like, oh, it'll be easy to come up with four hundred people, Like, that's four hundred people, How many people? How long could that take? That's nothing. That's a fraction of the people on this planet that have ever been that have made a cultural impact. This took every version of myself to examine, to be like what did I like back then?
Speaker 1: What do I like now?
Speaker 2: Who are the people who have made a cultural impact on not only need but the world. I really did put myself in the in the world shoes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we are speaking for the world. And I think that was something that we knew going into this, that this is going to be not a living document.
Speaker 2: This is the document. Oh, this is the document. It's done. It's etched in stone. We received this from the mountaintop. It is done.
Speaker 1: It is you.
Speaker 2: There's only originalism in this ten Commandments, more like iconic five hundred, five hundred watch when like we just decide halfway through, like because we get told like, hey, did you guys know you also have missed a five hundred episode And we're like, oh god, and then we have to on the fly, I think of one hundred more.
Speaker 1: People and give a hundred more people.
Speaker 2: But we are literally making such a huge sacrifice by limiting the time we are giving to each of these people, like for the sake of listenability and expediency, Like we don't want to take up too much of your time listening so we're gonna make we're gonna keep this heat a tight three and a half hours for you. Yeah, overall told so that we're releasing this over five days throughout this week. You're listening to this. If it's odd the day to drop on a Monday, you will find out the top eighty or so let's say in theory on Friday.
Speaker 1: Yes, and there's a twist. Oh, the person that is number one on this list will be a guest, will be a guest the week after this series if you listen is on Monday, October seventh. By the end of this week, Friday, you'll hear number one, and then you will know that that person will be a guest on next week's last culture re stuss And they are the number one person on the iconic for you the way you hype, I've never seen anything like it. Let's fucking go. Let's go, all right, so we're gonna get into it. This is the iconic four hundred. Becca is on the clock thirty seconds for each person you already know who's first number four hundred, Blake Lively, most iconic cut of hair in Hollywood, I said.
Speaker 2: It, most iconic head of hair in Hollywood. Most iconic non person without a stylist in Hollywood.
Speaker 1: I would say, you don't need a stylist when you have access to the Britney Spears dress and you can just put it on and what the run say, it's Britney's dress, that's power, that's.
Speaker 2: Blake, that's Blake. I'm gonna wear a bunch of flowers on the Mechala of stairs.
Speaker 1: Sister who's in the traveling pants more like woman? Who is the most live fashionable icon okay, number three hundred and ninety nine, The bride of Frank. I don't even care about him.
Speaker 2: No, does he have hair like that? What's sticking out of his neck? There's that up.
Speaker 1: There's so many questions with him. It's so disgusting. With her, it's only fashion, it's only dividum. It's only a huge conk quake. It's a huge kunk quake. And it's not even like, Oh, she doesn't even have her own identity. She's the bride of someone. No, no, don't reduce her to that. No, she's actually so scary. I would want to be around her for two minutes. No, I'm for ten seconds, but I okay, Number three hundred ninety eight, taught all the gay boys how to sing. Yeah, we sat next him at a restaurant. Recently we saw him at a restaurant and he was dressed cool. Yeah. You know he's the only member of Instinct on the list. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I actually I like it, You like you like JC getting the shine the shine, yeah, because you know what he never got.
Speaker 1: He was always second fiddle. I'm sorry. He was lead vocalist of that group. He was the singer of that group. Yes, I promised you the texture of soul.
Speaker 2: Okay, three hundred ninety seven, Sola, come on, I mean the titty shake we've talked about would never happen, would never happen today at Disney, she changed everything about what it meant to be a villain, to be, to be a woman, to be a queer presenting icon. She ran the ocean. She said, this is my domain, all seven of the seas, and I'll make him ride. I won't see a wriggle like a warm on a hawk. We were trying to be Flattim and Jotsim in that movie so hard. We wanted to be her little simps more than anything in the swel that never happened, Number three hundred ninety six. One of the great comedy legends of all time. Just someone with simplicity, accessibility, but still an elevated sense of comedy, of timing, of sensibility.
Speaker 1: You know who didn't make the list, Mary Todd Lincoln because she's an alcohol She wasn't the real thing. She wasn't the real thing. She wasn't the real thing. This is the real thing. Cole is the real thing. Our hero, our icon are legend.
Speaker 2: They have rewritten the legacy of Mary Tod Lincoln to her betterment. Absolutely without Cole, there is no mar There is no Mary Todd, who would remember?
Speaker 1: Who would care?
Speaker 2: Who would care about? Conrad Rick and Moore and James Scully? Not me, Rachel Ray garbage bowl e v oh oh little. I think she invented to be honest, I know.
Speaker 1: The word joush No.
Speaker 2: I think I think is like there are some roots to that linguistically that I that are beyond me.
Speaker 1: But she's invented so much. She doesn't she goes beyond vocal fry. What does she have? She's got something stuck to she I think she has.
Speaker 2: I think she's a trifurcated voice. I love that she speaks on three different I think she she harmonizes with herself every day.
Speaker 1: I would like to hear the album, actually the album from Rachel Ray. I think she could release a Christmas Christy one of.
Speaker 2: About mystery, talk about thrills, talk about right. The reason why she ranks lower on this list some racism?
Speaker 1: Really? Oh yeah, yeah yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: The original title for and Then There Were None was ten Little Indians, and then the original title before that was ten Little Nwards.
Speaker 1: So you're kidding me. So you know what, maybe just maybe she doesn't deserve Is that actually true?
Speaker 2: Is that actually one of her most famous mysteries insane racial slur in the title you know we.
Speaker 1: Have to It's good to hold her accountability Number three or ninety three. M Kyle McLaughlin brack coated fi king, I fi King, desperate housewife's husband.
Speaker 2: David Lynch icon, I mean, also done it all, show girls, pool fucker so hot?
Speaker 1: What a really hot? Like you don't and also.
Speaker 2: Voice so sexy. I love watching around with Brat. He's done everything, he's done, He's really touched. He should be high on this list, and Abbaa should be out.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to say about one because we we we looked at this list for a lot of time. We said it was lost. But I just number three hundred ninety two Katie Perry. Look, listen, we have to remember the highs and she made it. You made it girl. You watch that vm A performance, You're like, there have been so many highs. And you watch that the.
Speaker 2: Performance, you go, I love you fall live live times. You might, you might.
Speaker 1: I go something more like, I'm a get.
Speaker 3: Your hub racing and.
Speaker 2: Musket here your song. Oh, I just want to get down tail into her recent work, which has been you know, troublesome to say.
Speaker 1: I mean, let's just say one four three is out now. You can stream it if you want. If streaming Teenage Dream and prism okay. Number Corn the food, food, the vegetable.
Speaker 2: This was one of the most important people icons YEA icons, because without corn, we actually couldn't have America as it is. No, it was. It's a plot point in Pocahontas the movie. Not only is it a plot point, it's very versatile. You can have it on the cob, you can cut it off the cob and creamed. I out take it any way, which way? I think that's why it's so thisst of time. Oh yeah, corn focks. Literally you could do corns, like do whatever you want to me. It's so important to agriculture. Number three Michelle Williams, the singer Let.
Speaker 1: Me tell you something. Right now, after all of the darkness and sadness, comes happiness. If I surround myself with positive things, prosperity. What do you That is something She's saying that while she was out in the ocean. It's a prayer. It's a prayer.
Speaker 2: And she she could have eaten ship at the Super Bowl half type performance. She she didn't, kept her face on. She looks fabulous. She landed on her own two fucking feet in heels.
Speaker 1: Even when she famously ate ship, she got back up. Okay.
Speaker 2: Number three is the actress norm Hill Legend.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something. She if it's shooting in Brooklyn, she'll do it, do it. And we're thankful because the Greatest Showman was better for her singing tight rope again, it's.
Speaker 2: Yes, you love a million dreams. May Oh well, that's the pink version. Oh, stay tuned for pink. They tune for pink.
Speaker 1: Jeff Probs. You never cease to amaze. Do you know everyone's name? Jeff, You rock the shit out of those cargo shorts. You're still looking great, looking, incredible. I'll stare at your calves. Everyone's got better calves than me in this business. It's Jeff Probs and I'll say that honestly, and that is a tall order because Bowen Yang's calves almost made the list. That's that's honorable, along with Halsey. With Halsey, Jeff Probes, you are Survivor, Jeff Propes, you made an empire. You're the Handy co and the Lorne Michaels of that franchise, and that is iconography. You were invited on this podcast number three hundred eighty seven. Rice. We really had a discussion about what was going to be versus rice or corn.
Speaker 2: Rice is going to be well, there are other foods that are high on the list. Just to give you a spoiler, but rice is in every culture. Rice is across the world. Rice is international.
Speaker 1: Rice. Speaking of Jeff Prob, Rice is huge to Survivor, which is one of the biggest reality shows, so that automatically puts it in the cultural conversation. People are watching about it every Wednesday.
Speaker 2: When you eat rice, you're never you're not happier than that. That's ecstasy. I don't need drugs. I got rice.
Speaker 1: No, if I have white rice, brown rice, fried rice rice, don't talk to me about fried rice. Number three hundred and eighty six Larry David. That is a funny man. He is a hilarious individual, cheerful man. Let me tell you something, improv it. He's good. He is good, and he gets together a bunch of people that are also good at when he does the George Steinberner voice. I say L O L he I Itgebold. And before you were igbowling and you knew it, you were itchbowling because of before you had the acronym dge bowl. You were doing it because of one man, Larry David, number three eighty five Dawson.
Speaker 2: I think, unfortunately, my favorite MEMI I was just gonna say a febbin Vega is forever a legend. She did not make the less unfortunately. No, we love her, we worship her. But Rosario kind of a First of all.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something. Rosario is a huge part of one of the great films of all time. Josie and the cats, Oh my God, and the disrespect that's shown to Rosario for the success of that movie. She's crucial enough that very success. She is the grounded center. She chose the dog is literally it's a Rosario Dawson fan. She said out tonight, a lot of brown four. Michael Barbaro. A lot of people didn't see this one coming.
Speaker 2: He is an important figures. He's conquaked several times.
Speaker 1: He honestly, I'm Michael Babaro. On once you hear I'm Michael Babaro, you know exactly who was talking.
Speaker 2: I feel like his voice has gotten more Michael Barbara over time.
Speaker 1: Does that make sense? Well, Soda Sabrina Tabernici's voice is also getting more Michael Barbaro over time, which is how you know that Michael Babaro has the cultural impact that it's one of the iconic four hundred.
Speaker 2: We're all copying him, We are all copying Hi.
Speaker 1: If you speak Gonna Mike, you're copying Michael Barbaro three hundred and eighty three. Harvey Dn aka two face, I mean that that poor man. He was just trying to run for office.
Speaker 2: He was trying to inspire the city of God Mass I believe in Harvey Dunn.
Speaker 1: I believe in Harvey Dunn too. And you know, I'm sure he believed one day that he was gonna walk out and not get his half his face absolutely doused and ascid. Think about that by the joker, honey, really really rough stuff. Really wake up with one face and then the next day have two.
Speaker 2: If I looked like Aaron Eckhart, oh, I would be like, don't don't get near this mug. Get away from my handsome face. This is the money maker.
Speaker 1: Okay, this okay number Derek Ferry talk to us about Stonewall.
Speaker 2: That was people that was fighting for gay rights. People were killed, No one was killed, nobody was killed. One of the most wonderful moments in culture ever period and that was thanks to Derek Berry not knowing that people were not killed at Stonewall.
Speaker 1: And let's talk me about it before we run out of time.
Speaker 2: A great Britney Spear impersonator has did the test of time. She was a great villain season eight of Draggers. Then that she then rose above the ashes, and now we all love her. Rising above is Derek Berry's.
Speaker 1: Narrative, that is, and that's Britney's narrative number three hundred and eighty one, Shana Bean, Everyone's mother, everyone like literally the voice raised, the voice raised us and the voice that can sing anything from wicked to I Did Something Bad by Taylor Swift. Oh, if you haven't watched I Did Something Best and Cynthia Arivo, you haven't watched music, you haven't watched period.
Speaker 2: And she is one of the most joyful, wonderful, beautiful people inside and out I've ever had the chance of seeing.
Speaker 1: Jumps off the stage, jumps off the screen. Shoshana Bean. They said we need to replace a Dana Menzealez to shan Shana Number three. God Warrior, I mean talk about a turn around.
Speaker 2: Oh my God, for her to go from God Warrior to marching at the Pride Parade, dancing, having a great time.
Speaker 1: Don't say it can't be done. Don't say it can't be There is. There is.
Speaker 2: People do change, people can evolve. She can go from Christian.
Speaker 1: Christ I don't want your money to happily flying a Pride flag. Inclusive, Inclusion, inclusive.
Speaker 2: Three Emotion still the best album anyone has ever put out. Better than Thriller, better pop album than Thriller, better pop album than name any album the way that that.
Speaker 1: Album starts with that saxophone and run away with me. I said, this is it, this is it. We're off.
Speaker 2: I'm in the sky soaring and I will not be coming down.
Speaker 1: No. I also want to say, she can release that album today, Timeless Carl Ray. It's hard to say she never got the credit because call Me Maybe was the biggest song of all time, but she still never got that, still never got the credit. Grinch, people change people. This is a narrative of healing. This is he was one of the cruelest, if not the cruelest. We didn't get to meet everyone, so we don't really know had the reputation for being the cruelest person in all of who If he didn't turn it around on Christmas Day, he would not have made this list.
Speaker 2: You're gonna try to steal Christmas, bitch, you best.
Speaker 1: Not miss no.
Speaker 2: And he did it, and he didn't. He stole Christmas. But then he heard the who Vill people, the Who's and who Vill singing.
Speaker 1: Very much want to say iconic coin, icon coin, icon girl. It's one thing to get the coin, it's one thing to it's another thing to be the coin. She stayed on that coin.
Speaker 2: I don't care about She's a whole dollar.
Speaker 1: Susan B. Anthony did not make this list. No, and this is way more intersectional list.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah than you ever. Juia was carrying a baby the entire time, showing these two white guys where things were. Second, she showed them the way she she was. She carried a child with her. I don't even want to talk about Lewis and Clark. I want to talk about her. Number three seventy six Williamson.
Speaker 1: Cookie Lady took the world by storm and made people say, if you're a kookie, there is a leader for you.
Speaker 2: I think Mary and Williamson paved the way for a Kamala Harra Harris Presidents of Cannons candidacy. She Warren about this wine mom supremacy, Glamazon wine Mom, Amazon wine Mom.
Speaker 1: Just a little bit of slurring, just a little bit of what's going.
Speaker 2: On there, meme mobility, but that's what you trust. Oh yeah, there's some Look this woman has said, we have technology. She said that people with aids did not have enough love and you really are here to hold account.
Speaker 1: Seventy five Chel, when I saw Rachel Weiss in the Mummy, and she was wearing that eyeliner. I think that may have been when I realized I was a little gay boy.
Speaker 2: But but but in femininity that kind of again like cunk quakes, because you're like, am I attracted or am I like enraptured? I think the answer is all of the above. And she actually has a power over everyone in the world. Yeah, and if you saw The Favorite, you kind of know what I mean. Oh, yes, you need to play that character.
Speaker 1: You have to believe that character can fuck anyone she wants, and you believe it herself. Yep, number three seventy four. Phineas the World's brother.
Speaker 2: The world's brother, the cool brother who can go on pro tools, I.
Speaker 1: Mean and absolutely shred and shred.
Speaker 2: And you know he can bang on the piano while Billy his sister's singing.
Speaker 1: On a stool.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what he can bang. Oh, hit me hard and soft, more like listen me hard.
Speaker 1: More like listen for a very long time, because I would love to keep listening to his music for as long as he wants to make it. Phineas, you are a talent, you are the producer. I want to see a Grammy in his hands for Producer of the Year.
Speaker 2: Absolutely Number three on A seventy three j I sorry I missed my island Jenna Ortaga.
Speaker 1: So yeah, this is this is a tiny woman with a huge impact. You know.
Speaker 2: For the lineage to go from uh Wanona Rider to Christina Ricci to Jenna Ortica, that is a good, good high you know hair lineage.
Speaker 1: What can I say? She said, I am that girl who throws it away, But you act it feels when when you're watching powerful, it's powerful like you got hit by a train. And Jenna Artak is just thrown it away.
Speaker 2: It's just thrown it away. But Wednesday, I go, this girl's got it.
Speaker 1: She's got it.
Speaker 2: Number three, seventy seventy Nancy Cagan, who.
Speaker 1: So good?
Speaker 2: I had the same question. Literally, I still don't really know wo We.
Speaker 1: Will never really know whoy and I will say she rose above the ashes? No, she really did. She rose above the ash.
Speaker 2: She rose above the ashes, which is what this list is all about. She was on the Celebrity Apprentice? Was she really Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think so. I don't want to know how she votes. I'm gonna say that lot with my trust.
Speaker 2: I don't want to Number three Steve Jobs you gave us so much king talk about that. You gave us Apple, computer, iPhone, yes, iPod classic.
Speaker 1: You gave uh Michael Fassbender a great role? What was didn't he play Steve Jobs? Oh? Yes, he gave it to him, he cast him. Michael Fassbender didn't make the list.
Speaker 2: No, he's no, No, but we you know Steve Jobs, Steve Jobs. You know you you you crush that turtleneck.
Speaker 1: Baby? Yeah? Great, Look Elizabeth Holmes loves you. Number three seventy Tyra Banks. I think, honestly, this feels low for her. This feels low for her. That's just how chok full and loaded. She is a true icon. Who was scared? Who was scared? I was? I was scared. Pretend when I was homeless for a day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when she pretended to have rabies, yep, when she could only interview you mc campbell in an empty studio.
Speaker 1: I was rooting for you. We were dare you to say nothing from.
Speaker 2: That and something from this, and to say nothing from her great modeling or great modeling, And nine to eleven happened, and we were still and I still had to We were still fierce. Number three the sixty nine Moana, she will go so far to discover herself, and she can see it across the ocean. She walked up to that island that got island girl. Oh when so talk about growth, This island girl was literally a volcano. She was a volcano, and then because of Moana's impact, she became.
Speaker 1: She said, this is not you know, Manuel, you ate that you created Mowana, and therefore you are on the list too. Moana was so special, and ask kids about it. They love it.
Speaker 2: Sixty Alison, Let's have dinner. Let's have dinner. Come on out, Let's.
Speaker 1: Have dinner because I think you make the best food. You know.
Speaker 2: She's She's just like, what can I say? I'm Alison fills me with so much joy. I mean, not for nothing, but showed us the way in the kitchen, like the way Mowanna traversed the oceans. I would put them on the same level of impact. In fact, they're just nomber sixty seven Shaka Khan.
Speaker 1: I will love you.
Speaker 3: Anyway, even if you can't not stay. I think you are the one for me. Here is where you are to be. I just want to satisfy you.
Speaker 1: You're not mad.
Speaker 2: I can't deny, don't you hear me talking, baby love me an hour, I'll go crazy.
Speaker 1: There you go. That's a sweet thing by Shaka Khan. I've said number three outdo.
Speaker 2: Sixty six mood Dang. That is a few hippo pigmy.
Speaker 1: Mood Dang is very new to culture, but I don't think she's ever had never leaving.
Speaker 2: Mood Dang has a bigger impact than Phineas.
Speaker 1: And listen, it's not about keeping score. It's just about celebrating. Moodang is adorable. So small.
Speaker 2: Moodang put Thailand on the map. White Lotus found dead. White Loadus season three found dead, don't even go.
Speaker 1: I know the story.
Speaker 2: There's no need to see to watch White Lotus season three. I'm sorry to Parker, posey fans, to Leslie bid fans to carry coon fans. Okay, Kristen, first of all, here's my new philosophy respecting kristin China with way more in the culture.
Speaker 1: Bitch.
Speaker 2: I've talked about how I watched her NBC sitcom that only ran for one season before she got wicked, called Kristin Yepse. She worked at a fashion magazine. It was very early ofts coded.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something pushing Daisy's Emmy winner. Oh, Pushing Daisy's was a moment in time and got done dirty by the strike. But kristin China with was really she did after it was canceled, and then she famously said, I want to be on mad Men. Number sixty four set the bar for what it means to be a musician, a musician, an emotive, honest, raw musician, jagg a littlepill, no skips. Also, even when you get to the end, just keep listening, because she gives you a bonus secret track at the end called your House, and you really will ever be the same. Uninvited. That song doesn't get talked about. Uninvited doesn't get talked about.
Speaker 2: Listen. She taught us about irony, she really did.
Speaker 1: And a lot of people have a lot to say about the way she uses the word ironic. That's not the point.
Speaker 2: That's not the point. Number three or sixty three. Tom Hanks America's.
Speaker 1: Dad, America's best friend, America's uncle, America's favorite teacher, America's teacher, best actor.
Speaker 2: Best America's best actor, A true, a true, one of the few American treasures. Yeah, you know, this country doesn't have a lot going for it. But it does have Tom Hanks.
Speaker 1: When Tom Hanks got covid, that's when people really said this is a inside They said, this is an emergency. Scump got covid.
Speaker 2: I don't care about these Chinese people. Forrest Gump got covid. Listen Bo when he is here to sell the trade. Where's the oscar for devil War's praduct?
Speaker 1: It should be in her hands, period and ever at all. And I'm gonna say, we're being watched by fifteen hundred people who are all silent.
Speaker 2: They're all they're all going like this all silence down. Emily Blunt, you inspire me, Emily Blunt. You can do it all as an actor, really comedy, action, drama, what have you?
Speaker 1: The scene if you can go tomorrow when she goes up at like, oh my god, what she lives up with in her triceps?
Speaker 2: If you can work, if you could have a working relationship with your husband on a set, that is you deserve every award for that quiet place. This number three one hurt Cobain. I mean, Hatty smells like a hot guy. Smells like a hot guy who you know wasn't afraid to take a photo with the drag queen in the nineties.
Speaker 1: No, you know what, I think that Kurt Cobain actually knew something we all didn't. Totally crazy. That's the first thing I say about Kirk Gobain and hot. You know what, though, that's okay because we are gay guys, and I think that had we been around at that time, we would have been thirty. He would have loved it. He was by right. Yeah, I think that that's a thing. Okay. Of course, that's part of his breakdown on Iconic four hundred.
Speaker 2: Number three hundred and sixty.
Speaker 1: Tiny Woman, Huge im that's we named the award after after her, A tiny woman, huge impact. I learned comedic timing from watching Eva Longoria on Desperate Housewives.
Speaker 2: Gabriel at least one of the funniest characters on television.
Speaker 1: She was very good running up to someone and saying, Hey, that is Eva Longoria, that is that is Hey, that is really hers?
Speaker 2: Donathan, Yeah, Jonathan Linette, yep, limit it.
Speaker 1: And look, she's gone on to do great things. We could we could do a whole episode number three and we went to her house, the Blue Costa. Yeah, yeah, I think everyone should go to Frieda Carlo's house.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's a gorgeous house in Mexico City. What a beautiful home she had. What a beautiful life she lived? Oh yeah, and art through and through tragic, but did not let life bring her down.
Speaker 1: She literally rose above the ashes. She had. She was sick.
Speaker 2: She you know, she'd been in an accident. She had a lot of pregnancy trouble. But she always made art.
Speaker 1: The art the great artist she walked so lonazl Ray could run. You always make art. Jane Kurkowski funniest woman in America. If you ever just want to feel good and get a serotonin hit, just go to YouTube and type.
Speaker 2: In best Jennimaronimaroni clips clips.
Speaker 1: I mean this. This woman has brought joy to the lives of America, the world. Gay men in pe Town, don't ever forget a call from the Vatican from nine. You can go on YouTube and watch her Tony winning performance, and she does call from Vatican. She came down from the ceiling. She was really the first person to descend from the ceiling.
Speaker 2: For theater, they wrote a whole Ally McBeal episode around her being able to do musical number on this number three fifty seven.
Speaker 1: Jordan Sparks, this is my now this is my opportunity to say, Jordan Sparks, you are one of the most gifted singers. You have to watch her cover of she Used to Be Mine when she did Waitress on Broadway. It's the best she used to Be Mine, which is saying something. Wow, legends have done it, like Shshana Bean. Sshana Bean has done it. Other people on the list have done it.
Speaker 2: Sarah be Sarah b Oh A little spoiler ahead, Sarah b is on the list. Jordan Sparks, I remember watching your American I Know Victory oh Win and thinking it's back.
Speaker 1: We're so back. Oh God, there's so much more to fifty six. Ashley Simpson. I saw her in concert twice. I can say that I am an Ashley Simpson fan. I watched the Ashley Simpson show. I felt seen at the time. I don't know if I watched it now if i'd feel seen, But I was definitely an angsty, gay teen loving Ashley at the time. You needed that more than water. Pieces of me. When she said on a Monday, I am waiting, Tuesday, I'm fading, and on Wednesday I can't sleep, I said, this is so relatable to me. I don't get enough sleep either, And I actually live each day right in a row just like you.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Warrio, when he started onto the scene, I said, here comes trouble.
Speaker 1: That's putting it mildly.
Speaker 2: This is someone who is a chaos agent.
Speaker 1: This is not someone you want to see in a dark alley or on the Mario Kart races or on.
Speaker 2: The Mario Kart race track. I mean he's got a zigzag mustache. That's danger. But Warrio, where games are the most fun you will ever have with your friends. Thick too well hic c w A r IOI three and fifty four. Mister Bean doesn't have to say a word.
Speaker 1: I'm laughing. No, he actually is one of the funniest people taking up space out there. Mister Bean is a legend. You all know him.
Speaker 2: Mister Bean will change his outfit get dressed for work because he's late while he's in the car driving it. Yeah, and it's funny and it's safe. No one's getting hurt.
Speaker 1: No, And I think internationally you can want mister Bean and know exactly what's happening.
Speaker 2: Emotionally, well, I think mister Bean transcends all culture, and that is kind of what this list is.
Speaker 1: All about.
Speaker 2: I was watching mister Bean with my parents who have never been to England.
Speaker 1: No. Number three hundred and fifty three, Marias and this is extra. I mean, just just just pioneered what it means to be a Greek American TV reporter that you mostly remember from the E Network in two thousand and five.
Speaker 2: But I remember Mariam Minuas from Channel one News, which is the News, the news network for middle schoolers and high schoolers. And she was covering September eleventh. Was she doing it like she was taking from the studio? She was like, well, it's been three days since the tragic historic attack on the twin Town like.
Speaker 1: It was she was. She was like nineteen. First of all, I've respected herson's buttons. Oh my god. Way before that, I remember I was watching Nicole Scherzinger's audition for the show pop Star, and I.
Speaker 2: Said, who is that She's saying? I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston and now and then she was a former andreloaid Webber. Mus mean, this woman has lived every life in entertainment.
Speaker 1: You hear the Tony first Tanta at Bouleivard, No one's got gone to see it yet I'm probably but you you will not be able to.
Speaker 2: Her and Andre I know, but it's gonna be a face off, but you know it's gonna be good. Number three and fifty one, Dale Dickie, we met you in Provincetown. You were so fucking cool. You are one of the great character actresses. Wasn't very familiar with the work until you introduced me. I go, that's Dale Dickey and I was like wait, and then I was like, I've seen her.
Speaker 1: And then I've seen her.
Speaker 2: I've seen her say she's one of those actors where you're like, oh my god, I've grown up with you and I.
Speaker 1: Didn't even realize the impact you've had on me. And yet here you are a character actress down like the truly like the definition of the.
Speaker 2: The denision definition term. She was great and she should a great one episode in Fallout. Yeah, Oh yes, she was great.
Speaker 1: She's I can I kind of having like that great one episode of that thing which is hard to breaking bad.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, speaking of read At three and fifty Parker Posy same We met her the same night.
Speaker 1: Well, actually I didn't meet her that night.
Speaker 2: She was kind of at the table, but that was an iconic dinner.
Speaker 1: It was an iconic dinner. John Waters was that Don Martters. But we can't use this time on them. We have to use it on perfect usn't show the busy.
Speaker 2: Bee New White Lotus season the book. You're on an airplane. It's just an island. Yep, New York. It's just an island.
Speaker 1: Come get a blizzard. So good. Well, she'd be at the one Starbucks, and I'd be at the other Stars across the street. Teacher's pet number Cookie Monster knew exactly what he wanted at all times and probably would get it. He wanted a cookie, bad, bad, and he even pivoted at one point. It was like, I want vegetables, he.
Speaker 2: Said to everyone. Don't apologize for you you are and what you want.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, why are we politicizing desire? Let that sink in.
Speaker 1: Why are we politicizing desire? Like and Cookie Monster has brought us to that question.
Speaker 2: He desires cookies. Don't complicate. It's innocent, it's not No one's getting hurt. You don't want to cook it. Number three eight lands.
Speaker 1: I have to say the one of the world's most beautiful women, one of the most talented women ever warmest, kindest, Leyon on me, laying on me, leyon omen Babi bemvation.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, when love takes over and love takes over.
Speaker 1: Oh god, no, no, no, I'm here Glenda iconic second verse, Queen of Destiny's Child.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, let me say something. Lose my breath is a legendary song because of okay, number three, Gandolph the Gray. So he was alive and he was an istar wizard. Uh in a Middle Earth brought to life, brought to life talent? What guided all of us?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah, as he told Bilbo and Froto on their separate adventures, what what was in store? We all learned what was in store. The world building of Middle Earth is lies in Gandalf the Gray. You cannot deny that Gandalf the Gray is one of the most important characters in fiction.
Speaker 1: And if you didn't have Gandalf the Gray, you wouldn't get the person that's coming up in just two people on this iconic number three hundred and forty six.
Speaker 2: Borat my name of Borat, my name of ad and we never forget that name. My wife still gets said to laughs.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, I'm trying so hard not to burst out laughing because I know if I start laughing now, at my, at, my, I won't stop. And we're on such a time frame.
Speaker 2: This man was in lockdown in Borat two with Trump voters in the.
Speaker 1: Middle of nowhere. Borat was so brave.
Speaker 2: Borat saved his daughter from Murdy Giuliani. That is bravery. That is a brave man. Heroicism, heroicism down. Number three, forty five, Gandalf the White died fighting the ball rog rose above the ashes, rose above the ashes, and was more powerful than ever. That is Jesus Christ could never and yet maybe he could. But Gandalf was resurrected and had a county outfit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gravitas all the way through, glowing brought to life yet again by McKellen. I hope you feel represented on this list by these two characters. You did not make the list.
Speaker 2: You did not make the list doesn't mean I didn't see you one time on the street in London. And number three Natalie dancing with a sweater, you did that.
Speaker 1: I'm all out of faith. This is how I feel. I'm cold and I'm ashamed. That has been broken on the floor. Illusion never changed into something real. I'm wide awake and I can.
Speaker 2: See the perfect guy to speaking of which I am a little cold. I'm not naked on the floor, but I'm a little cold. Are we able to set?
Speaker 1: Okay? Great? Yeah, but old?
Speaker 2: And I am not ashamed to say that you're great? Number four three?
Speaker 1: And you know, I was so sad when he got sucked up into that note Palion. I know, because I thought he had more to say. I wanted to see him a little bit more. He's really nice to look at, very nice to look, really nice to listen to. Do you ever watch on Invincible or to Duke and Birdie? Great voice, smooth, buttery voice, a voice that a boyfriend voice, Oh boyfriend voice?
Speaker 2: What I mean? He's got boyfriend boyfriend voice. He's just a wonderful person his voice. No, no, I don't have boyfriend voice. Don't talk to me like that.
Speaker 1: During Steven You and You're Gonna do this? Three. Carmen san Diego, this can I say? This is what it means to be a diva. This is what it means. Carmen san Diego is the epitome of I don't care what you expect of me. I'm going all over the world. I'm stealing all your ship and I'm running when it needs to be a video game that kids play at school.
Speaker 2: At school and you're learning, she's she's teaching the girls, and.
Speaker 1: Let me let me say something. When kids got home, they still.
Speaker 2: Want to I wanted to play Carmens to go every damn day.
Speaker 1: Number three, Elizabeth, You're the one. You are an actor. I never want to stop watching you do anything.
Speaker 2: You come from a storied family of actors, and yet you are the one that had the stamina and the grit and the patients, I mean, your sisters, God bless them.
Speaker 1: They didn't want to do it anymore. They created the row and they went onto the row. And you just what you did was you said, no, I'm doing Ingrid Goes West, and I'm going to be a true I need to watch it or Goes West again. Inger Goes West. It is the one of the great contemporary films of our time. Know what it says?
Speaker 2: Number Frank Capra one of the best directors ever. It's a wonderful life, a wonderful story that still resonates today. Makes all dads cry and gay guys you cry to its wants to commit suicide for God's sake, and.
Speaker 1: God, it's so dark. But an angel got its wings.
Speaker 2: Every time a bell rings, an angel gets its wings. And you know, Frank Capra, I think figures a lot into some Thornton Wilder place.
Speaker 1: I believe in the skin of our teeth.
Speaker 2: Okay, unsinkable Molly Brown brought to life I Kathy Bates and the great film Titanic.
Speaker 1: Yes, she had her.
Speaker 2: She brought her son's suit with her, toxedo with her so that so that Jack Dawson could wear it at.
Speaker 1: The She said, that's our men out there, and no one listened. No one listened, and she didn't want those men to freeze. Isn't just to put it like that? I mean like that was the only person with the soul on that whole on that whole ship.
Speaker 2: Really, And then she guess what moved to Denver?
Speaker 1: Did she really?
Speaker 2: Number three thirty eight Black Pink. They're a four girl army. They are cunt quaking every day one. I'll never forget seeing them that documentary. Oh but you saw them.
Speaker 1: I saw them at Tochella them and they headlined to Coachella. They were they were like a powerful streak of black and pink up there. Yes, and they stomped in unison, and they did their choreo, and they sang their songs and everyone was made better for that.
Speaker 2: Their names three are thirty seven Simba Simba, Simba's got boyfriend voice between Donald Glover and Matthew Broderick. That's boyfriend boy and j T T.
Speaker 1: When I was if I was a little kid, I'm here Jtt's voice, I'm like boyfriend. I would love for that boy to hold my hand. Can I say Mufasa would be so proud. Mufasa would be very proud of his son. Think about how proud Mufasa would be to know but not only was he avenged, but his son went on to be one of the great leaders, the.
Speaker 2: Great kings, the leader, yeah, of course, of the animal kingdom.
Speaker 1: I would imagine that what happens after Lion King is prosperous. It's fine King two oh, which is Romey and Juliette. Number three hundred thirty six.
Speaker 2: Fierro's by gay men, likely all Fierro's, but we don't want to say all of them are gay. But Nick Adams he's gay. No, I'm saying I'm listing off. Fierro's a gay Jonathan Bailey is and Bailey is gay.
Speaker 1: You notice that they in the poster for Fierro for Wicked.
Speaker 2: He's showing it his ass. It's giving tush, It's giving tous. Jonathan Bailey, I'm gonna spoil it. He gives a unspoken bisexual energy to Fierro in the movie. Really, I feel that that is really important. Fanny and Fierra might have a moment. Okay, Number three hundred.
Speaker 1: And thirty five. Thank you for bringing comedy back.
Speaker 2: Thank you for bringing comedy and performance art back. Really, Gaga had to disappear for a little bit, and you really took the mantle. Yeah, you dressed like a Domino's employee. You pretended to be a tranced.
Speaker 1: Did she Yes, it was insane. She is.
Speaker 2: She is out of this world beyond and now she's doing a hat and marve.
Speaker 1: Is she in the Wonder the Woman's World video? Yeah, I'm sure. Okay, Number three into three four, Dick Van Dyke, Thank you for the dancing that you did.
Speaker 2: Thank you for the dancing, the singing, the spirit you brought to all of your projects. You you still continue to bring.
Speaker 1: Jim Chim Tree, you put that and also not for nothing, but you had to get very dirty to give.
Speaker 2: That, and we all we all just have it in our brain.
Speaker 1: Chobo, Yeah, do you think that is an actual English accent? Or do you think that only one person ever had that? And it was Dick Vandyke. I think Dick van Dyke. If he makes me so happy to think about number three.
Speaker 2: Threepez, someone makes me happy to think about.
Speaker 1: I love Mariola. We love Mario Lopez. He was iconically Slater. Slater was iconically Greg Lugainis, and now he's iconically hosting every entertainment at the Growth at the Growl. You know, one time I saw him at Universal Studios Hollywood hosting I'm gonna guess extra uh huh. If it's not extra, I guess it's excess Hollywood, Okay. And he looked like Mario Lopez, very handsome man.
Speaker 2: That man is preserved, preserved skin tight formaldehyde. Oh baby, okay, this is three hundred and thirty two.
Speaker 1: Mulan, you will be great, warriors, you will be great. When she said that to us at Disney World at the Epcot China Pavilion, I was so inspired that did that happen? Yes, it happens.
Speaker 2: Okay, I just but this is the power of Mulan is that she puts you in this reverie and really completely rearranged our thoughts about gender as children.
Speaker 1: I would say when she cut her hair off with the with a blade, I am about her chest. I'm really concerned that people thought they could do that and we're taking a sword to their hands. Oh number three hundred thirty one. You listen to his music, you're happy When he screamed out to America Shorday, I have to imagine that everyone at least was like, what up Shoday? Natas Vegas?
Speaker 2: This step oh yeah, by yourself, buy you a drink?
Speaker 1: Going number one.
Speaker 2: Was so powerful because I went, oh, I guess I'll have to listen to this song. And I listened to it and I went, I get it. Most most pot Show Coachella number three, three hundred and thirty. Twila Tharp, a great choreographer, a great dancer, taught us all about Billy Joel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, choreography was invented that.
Speaker 2: Night that night, and she wrote a wonderful book called The Creative Habit, which I encourage everyone to read.
Speaker 1: Inspiring dancers still today, still today.
Speaker 2: Twila twilet twilet tilet tilet twilet. Oh my god, she made into the bird cage. She made it into the bird cage. That is the iconography that we that we're talking about here, that will stand the past of times.
Speaker 1: She is just a chic woman. Number three, Snoopy, you know exactly what it looks like when you think of him. He's a well drawn dog, sleeps on the roof. Yeah, that let's talk about that. Queer sure will Snoopy the first queer dog? Yes, because Lassie wasn't queer Lassie. Lassie was a narc. Lassie like tattled on you. Wow, Oh my god. Well Lassie was only trying to help. Well, Lastie just was like Snoopy was more vibing. Lastie is like a cop to me.
Speaker 2: Okay, Dominus a big dinosaur, half raptor half t rex.
Speaker 1: Why would they ever think?
Speaker 2: Why would they think that was a good idea? But you know what Dominus rex did? But it made Jurassic World pop off.
Speaker 1: I thought you were gonna say, camouflage into the trees and kill the girls.
Speaker 2: Well, like I just remembered, like Jurassic World was like I get okay, I'll go I'll go to this movie, I guess. And then when you learned about indominance rextre like Oh I'm in it was serrated Serrated twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Helen Hunt first of all put tank tank TOMPs on the map. Yes, I think when she wore a tank top and Twister, I think tank top sales went through the roof. Yes, that was what was missing from Twisters. The sequel was iconic women in tank white tank top, white tank tops.
Speaker 2: I like an iconic woman, casual woman playing opposite Jack Nicholson. Yes, that gave us a blueprint for Diane Keaton and something's.
Speaker 1: Got to give Oscar Winner. Have you ever seen Helen Hunt's audition for Jurassic Park? No, you can watch it on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Okay, Number three hundred twenty six.
Speaker 1: Sabrina Carpenter, This was the year that you really became the one, the one. I M forty five times a day.
Speaker 2: That's my most played album of the year already, and it's only and it's already only.
Speaker 1: We're in September. To say nothing of her other albums, because while I know we're all focused on short and sweets, like give Tornado Warnings, Just to talk about Twisters again, listen, talk about already over This girl has been giving it. She has a song called Paris from a few albums.
Speaker 2: Ago, number three in twenty five, Judge.
Speaker 1: Judy, she didn't take bullshit for one second. One No, that's the gavel that you just did. Sometimes she doesn't, I'm saying. Sometimes she just does the hand. She just get a flat palm, and she just a flat hand. She starts hitting. She'll throw you out at all time. Room.
Speaker 2: You know what's the scariest thing in the world is when Dominus rex no is Judge Judy asking for papers.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and she's like, you better show me.
Speaker 2: She's like, do you have it? Give it to me, receips icon receied. She always wants the receipts and she's and when when she's flipping through these papers, I go, what is she seeing?
Speaker 1: Number three hundred and twenty four and half away just literally can play any role.
Speaker 2: And I'll buy a ticket. Steals the movie, Yeah, I will buy I'm sorry, steals, Brokeback Mountain, steals Oceans eight, steals, I mean what else? First of all, Broke Back Mountain had gay guys, gay guys in the mountain, and I'm like, where's am The whole time, I'm like, where's you know how much I enjoy watching gay guys fuck and I still wanted to see am Let's Go, Let's Go.
Speaker 1: Number three to twenty three. Flow Pew, Flow Pew is the movie star of our time. I watched Don't Worry Darling and was like, you know what, this was the c plus that I'm gonna give an a minus because of.
Speaker 2: Flow Flow has. I'm gonna say, one of the most beautiful round faces in Hollywood, round face, and it makes it makes me go I feel okay about having a round face. You guys should do a film together called round Face if you want to. I would watch you guys in any film like but round face. Should it just be you guys in dialogue about your round face? It's very before sunset Number three twenty two, Baby milk wan, thank you, thank you. Harvey wants to recruit you. He wants to recruit you. We said no politicians on this list. This is an exception. This is someone who really put the caster on the map. You have to imagine he ran San Francisco. Oh yeah, sure, just what a beautiful person. And you know, Sean Penn, you did not You definitely didn't make the list. Three twenty one Nancy.
Speaker 1: You know who gets to the bottom of it every time?
Speaker 2: It's Nancy, mister the old clock. Yeah that her first mystery was the old clock. Yeah, I think that was that. The first mystery she.
Speaker 1: Ever is secret of the Old Clock, The secret of the Old Clock. Can you quickly say what the secret? Don't you could?
Speaker 2: But she could have, She could have and one of the great Emma Roberts roles.
Speaker 1: Oh, one of the great Emma Robas holes that and when she was ghost Space didn't see that one coming.
Speaker 2: Last Culture Racis is the production by Will Ferrell's Big Money Players in iHeartRadio Podcasts.
Speaker 1: Created and hosted by Matt Rodgers and Bowen Yang. Executive produced by Ada Hasnier and Hanasani, Produced by Becker Ramos, edited and mixed by Doug Baby Monika Boord and our music is by Henry Koberski. Hey everybody, it's me Matt Rogers, letting you know. Tickets are on sale now to see me on tour, the Prince of Christmas Tour, that is, I'm doing my whole album Have You Heard of Christmas? Plus a lot more with the whole band all throughout December. Go to www Dot Matt rogersofficial dot com. See me in a city near you