Speaker 1: Welcome in friends to Fantasy Pros. This is the Fantasy Football Podcast Week thirteen ranks for our quarterbacks and our tight ends, the streaming positions they've essentially become. If you've got a great one, good for you, but you are one of the few that have them, so there's a lot of streaming that happens in here. I'm joined by Pat fitz Morris and Scott Pianowski. As we are going through a week thirteen ranks, you can check out more of our fantasypros dot Com slash rankings. We're going to be going through the top twelve of each position, but you might be playing in superflex.
Speaker 2: Need to go deeper.
Speaker 1: You can go and check that we've got specific superflex rankings. We've got Dynasty, we've got only this week, rest of season, anything under the sun. Go and check it out today at Fantasy Pros. Also, you can download my playbook app to check out these things and we can get a whole lot more access and fun for your fantasy league. All right, gentlemen, let's jump into our quarterback ranks for the week.
Speaker 2: The top twelve.
Speaker 1: Jalen Hurts at Baltimore Josh Allen in this potential snowy game against the San Francisco forty nine ers. Lamar Jackson, Justin Herbert, Patrick Mahomes, Jayden Daniels, Baker Mayfield at seven, Joe Burrow, C J. Stroud, Bonicks, Kyler Murray, and Jared Goff. That's what your top twelve like looks like. Pat, let me ask you something when you look at this top twelve. Is this trustworthy? Is this a core that you don't think like there's no questions surrounded about this that you're going to jump a streamer in here? Or do you think there's a line between the level of trust at quarterback? Because I kind of see a place I think you might pick where do you think the line starts of these guys are no brainers, and then these guys might start to play matchup streaming In the top twelve quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: I think the matchup conversation starts after Bonnix at QB nine.
Speaker 1: Okay, I was gonna say, I thought, well, because Stroud is here at nine and bo Nix is actually at ten, so at least on this big board, I was curious if Stroud was going to be the start of the line.
Speaker 3: I've got those two flipped Stroud in the even in the good matchup. I mean, like, nothing thing about Stroud reassures me because that offensive line has been so terrible at protecting him.
Speaker 1: Scott Stroud, though, has Jacksonville. It's a phenomenal matchup. We talked about in the Wide Receiver Rank show. Nico Collins is ranked is the number one wide receiver this week. Stroud is getting a boost than he usually does. He's usually not in this conversation anymore. And frankly, when you watch him, he looks so indecisive. He is so frustrated with himself. He is not making the good throws. Do you think that's the conversation of whether you have Nicks above and then at Stroud? Do you think Stroud is the start of the conversation of oh, we might be open to streaming here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, He's not an automatic starter for me. I love Nico Collins, I would never consider him the number one receiver on the board this week because they can't pass block. I think I think Stroud's pocket awareness and just confidence and presence in the pocket have struggled. When you don't trust your offensive line, it just seeps into your play. And also when they get to the goal line. Man, it is Joe Mixon time. They're not throwing a bushel of short touchdown. I don't think Dalton Show has a touchdown this season. Tank Dell's had a disappointing season, so I don't Stroud is not automatic played by any means. I'm worried. That a question we always ask of quarterbacks when they're big favorites. It's like, Okay, it's great, the matchup looks really nice. Are they going to throw twenty three passes? And I think this is going to be one of those games for Tennessee where they try to protect their quarterback. They try to massage their offensive line and work around it. And if you Nico Collins is great, he's gonna get seven or eight targets, He's not going to get thirteen to fifteen targets ever in this game because Jacksonville's just not going to fight back enough. I don't trust the offensive line I think Stroud has. I can't believe I'm saying this because I love CJ. Stroud. He'll be fine long term. But just think of what we thought the gap was between Stroud and Bryce Young before the season, and then go month in where Bryce Young get benched. He was so horrible and since then Stroud, you know, hasn't played well. Young has played better. It's just funny. I'm not saying by any means that I prefer Young to Stroud, but we thought Young was a lost cause. Was like, man, is he even ever going to be an NFL starter again? To give him up for late pick and at least he looks competent now. And I'm shocked at how much CJ. Stroud has struggled the second year in the NFL.
Speaker 1: And it's really disappointing too, and didn't help losing Diggs and having those three great wide receivers, and maybe that was masking when he had all three of those guys, it was masking something bigger that's now in our face. Let's talk about a couple quarterbacks that could potentially be streamers. Pat, Let's start with you, mister Matthew Stafford QB sixteen on the board. You guys both have him a tiny bit higher. Fitch, you've got him at fourteen. How viable do you think Matthew Stafford is as a streaming option compared to you know, like even comparing it up to Kyler Murray, who's at eleven, who's got a pretty tough matchup against Minnesota. Jared Goff has got the Bears. You think Stafford is in that group?
Speaker 3: I do, and I always feel good about him when he's got Pooka Nikoua and Cooper Copp healthy, and those guys have been healthy for the last five games. And in those five games, Stafford's weekly fantasy finishes are QB five, QB thirteen, QB twenty, QB five eight so one one pop out and a lot of singles and doubles. So matchup against the Saints is not one to be feared. I would feel quite confident starting Stafford this week.
Speaker 1: It's got a you comfortable getting him in in like a streaming position. Let's say someone asked you the question, would you rather Kyler Murray against Minnesota or Matthew Stafford against New Orleans?
Speaker 2: It kind of comes down to what do you man? Kyler Murray is somebody I feel like it's impossible to project these days. I maybe it's more of my personality. I like things that are consistent, and since everybody got back with the Rams, Matthew Stafford is like two fifty and two is his four. Yeah, and in a year, in a year where the running games have made a comeback, I realized maybe two fifteen two wasn't the sweetest thing to sell a few years ago. It sounds pretty good in twenty twenty four. I think you'll get too fifty and two. I think you could easily get three hundred and three. So Matthew Stafford is somebody I've moved him up to. He's just outside the top ten right now. I think he's an easy play, not just in super Flex, but I think he's You could be a quarterback one starter, and if you're not trusting Stroud, if you're not, because Stafford might have been on waipers in a few leagues, people want to pick them up. And I feel confident I'm going to start Matthew Stafford proactively against the Saints.
Speaker 1: Another streaming quarterback. Potentially it could be Russell Wilson ECR seventeen, and you guys are a little bit flipped on him. He's got the Bengals this week. Scott, you are the high man at least as current as I'm seeing at sixteen fit you've gotten done at nineteen, Scott. Let's get any positive takes on Russell Wilson in this Cincinnati matchup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not comfortable being the high person because Pittsburgh is just their an identity team. They don't care about the matchup. We saw this a few weeks ago. Hey, Baltimore Secondary is horrible, and Pittsburgh said, no problem, We'll just play the same eighteen sixteen game we always play against the Ravens. This is crazy. That game is a replay and somehow the Steelers find a way to win it. Of course, they lose the next week against the Browns as a favorite, which is kind of part of the Pittsburgh m as well. I know the Bengals are screaming to get into a pinball game and let's play a shootout and let's you know, Russell Wilson's going to throw twenty seven passes. Don't trick yourself. And he's not a runner anymore. Proactively, he's had very little goal line equity. He's going to run for eight or ten or twelve yards or something like that. So I think, not only am I not eager to play Wilson, but I think I'm going to lower his ranking after this show.
Speaker 1: FITZI, what do you think? Are you kind of agreeing with some of those questions about Russell Wilson. We just want to see him get back to slinging the ball and that would create some of that fantasy value. But I feel like anytime we get up on Russell Wilson, oh we're gonna end boom, it just kind of falls back down. He's one of the I hate those fantasy players where you're always chasing and you always make the wrong decision, and those are players I tend to really want to move away from where it's like, oh, well, I know I'm always going to sit him when he goes off, and I'm going to play him coming off of a big performance or a perceivable great matchup, and it's going to be a dud. Is that there's something in that with Russell Wilson for you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Scott framed this perfectly. Like I won't say Ross is totally matchup proof, but he is very matchup resistant simply because of what was Scott. What Scott was saying about Pittsburgh just wanting to do what they do and run the ball. And they're going to run the ball whether they're going against a run funnel or a pass funnel defense. And you know you can thrown the Bengals. They're twenty seventh in DVA against the pass. They've given up the third most fantasy points two quarterbacks. Any game involving the Bengals has shoot up potential, But Ross has fewer than thirty pass attempts in four of his five starts. The Steelers have run the ball on fifty two point three percent of their offensive snaps this season. And you know, even though George Pickens is a baller, or at least when he wants to be, this is probably a bottom five team in terms of the quality.
Speaker 2: Of their pass catchers.
Speaker 3: So I just I've been pretty consistently behind ECR on Ross, and I think that's where I want to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, take note that Pittsburgh easily is dead last and pass right over expected, and green Bay actually is second to last. So Jordan Love was one of my most rostered players before the season, and that feels like a wrong call to Chiefs. Teams that do what they do and nothing is getting Arthur Smith talk about a guy who's stubborn, right, that doesn't matter what you present to him. I'm sure other coaches saying, hey man, we can really take downfield shots it's like, okay, we'll take two of them. You know they're not going to throw thirty passes.
Speaker 1: One last thing I want to ask probably should ask us right when we were getting into this, is if Rock Party is active this week, is he looking more like a streamer or is he a top twelve? You don't think give me exact, but if we do get word that he's going to be active fits where do you think the range we see? Josh Allen comes in at number two pretty much unaffected no weather, and we've talked about this in previous episodes. Not letting weather make two massive massive effects of your personal ranks. If Rock Purty is active, where do you think you would slot him in here?
Speaker 3: Well? With the weather forecast, I mean he'd probably be down in Russell Wilsonville, to be honest with you, like mid range to low end QB two.
Speaker 2: So CJ.
Speaker 1: Stroud over Rock Party for you, okay, Scott.
Speaker 2: Stafford over Party? Yeah? Sure, even rus Wilson maybe over Purty. He's going to be I mean have to be backed into a corner before I play Party. It's not just the weather. I mean he's got a bad shoulder. He couldn't even play last week, So I think even if he goes, they're going to try to be limited in what they ask him to do. I will not at all consider perty or proactive pick. I'd have to be in a bad spot to use him. In week thirteen, let's go over to tight Ends.
Speaker 1: Hopefully you guys are not too bad of a spot, because I actually think it's been quite some time, but you look at this top twelve on the board and it just feels like, oh, yeah, those are the guys, you know, Like I feel like we've had like there's the core and then here's the questions. Things have just it took thirteen weeks, twelve weeks for us to kind of figure out what that core ends up looking like. But here they are. At number one, we've got Travis Kelce. Two, we've got Trey McBride, followed by Brock Bauers, George Kittle, Taysom Hill as your top five, TJ Hopkinson, John Smith and Djoku Atton, Ingram Goddard and Hunter Henry. Again, I feel like that is a very just solid core you get those guys in. I do want to ask and Scott, let's start with you your comfortability of Taysom Hill at four. I did kind of make a case about two weeks ago where I was just huffing him, puffing about hey, listen, the tight end position is really in question. I think Taysom Hill you just throw him at five because his upside is bigger than any guy under him. His downside seems to be mitigated because of the usage that he's going to get, and they Saint's kind of confirmed that this week. My caveat now is like, I don't know Hawkinson and John who are really tapering up. So what I'm asking you is is what's your comfortability of Taysom being at top five and what's the lowest you think he should be ranked.
Speaker 2: I like him as a top five guy. I remember he's got the easiest narrative to a touchdown, right because the goal line Alva Kamara's had a great season, but their best goal line play is a run to Taysom Hill. It's just he's thirty four years old. He hasn't been healthy at times this year. We know everybody around him has gotten hurt. And note that since they fired their head coach, another thing has happened in New Orleans. Their offensive line is healthy again, so they can actually do some of the things that they couldn't do. Maybe a month or two ago, I would be I think Taysom Hill's really close to being a Senate And forget a guy I remember at a position I have Trade McBride number one, a tight end. He hasn't scored a touchdown all year. I don't know, take an Act of Congress to get Trade McBride in the end zone. But yeah, Taysom Hill is somebody I play confidently, and I think everybody will have him in the top ten. He's going to be a top five guy for me so long as he's healthy. Yeah, fit's I guess.
Speaker 1: My take on this is it's like, you know, if you have Taysom Hill and zach Ertz, there's no questions, you're all golden. But like push come to shove, if you have Taysom Hill and TJ. Hockinson, do you buy truthfully that Taysom Hill is at five here? And if not, what is the range? If you have some concerns, because there are plenty of easy questions, but when you start putting him against Njoku or aughten, where do you lie?
Speaker 3: He was the easiest guy to rank all week I've got him ahead of those guys and just behind the fab four at tight end Kelsey, Bowers, McBride and Kittle. And I've actually moved him past Kittle even before we got the weather report, just because I think Brandon Allen was going to play, you know, just Hill. I have on other shows referred to Taysom Hill as the funeral home director because the more tragic the circumstances, the better business is for him. And we have seen the Saints wide receiver room get completely wiped out with the injuries to Rashid Chiheed and Chris Olave. Plus the Saints I think they might get Jamal Williams back, but they've got like no healthy backup running backs behind Alvin Kamara, who they don't want to give thirty touches a game. I think the setup is just fantastic for Taysom Hill.
Speaker 2: And you say, feuderal director. If you looking for a great show to binge watch, I tell her go back and watch six Feet Under the HBO program, which is just fabulous.
Speaker 1: I never did watch that.
Speaker 2: I like Michael C.
Speaker 1: Hall, but I never liked.
Speaker 2: Peter Crousey is fantastic in it too, and also the person who plays that dad, Richard Jenkins is amazing. He's kind of a bit character in the show. And the music's outstanding too. Radiohead in there, so big thumbs up. The fourth season isn't great. I'll say one of we think about Six fee Under. If you're not sure about the show, if you watch the first episode, the pilot, you will immediately know if it's your kind of show or not. A lot of shows take time. Even the great shows like The Sopranos and Mad Men. I don't think their first seasons are as strong as they ultimately become. Six Feet Under comes out hot, It finds its stride immediately. So if you're not sure about the show, you I'll devote nowur to it and you'll know whether or not it's a show for you.
Speaker 1: You might have some time if you didn't have Taysom Hill as you're tight end, you might have some time coming up in the next couple of weeks. If you got knocked out of Fantasy, also might have done it. If you early on had Mark Andrews, he catches the touchdown, he saves his day. Mark Andrews comes in ECR fifteen this week, FITZI you got him way down there at eighteen, Scott, you got him at fourteen. We see the core of players. Let me ask you, this fits Mark Andrews or zach.
Speaker 2: Ertz this week? I have Ertz ranked higher.
Speaker 1: So not in on Andrews too much. It's too is it too fully touchdown? Equity is what builds his value. That's been my argument.
Speaker 3: Very little separation between the guys I have ranked in the high end tight end two range, and Ertz and Andrews both fall into that category. I guess the two reasons why I'm not that excited about Mark Andrews. He's seen more than five targets once this season, five or fewer targets, although he's usually good for four or five, but like, there's just not a lot of high target potential here. And the other is that he's going up against this red hot Eagles defense that has allowed the third fewest fantasy points and fourth fewest receiving yards to tight ends.
Speaker 1: Scott zach Ertz or Mark Andrews this week.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go Andrews, but I want to echo how strong that Eagles defense has been since their bye week seven straight wins. Nobody has gotten more than two hundred and ninety yards of offense against them, and some teams didn't even make it to two hundred. I know some of that was favorable matchups, but they've done it against good teams too. As an adopted fan of the Detroit Lions, I'm really Eagles are very scary. They have playmakers on all three levels. And I Baltimore Philadelphia, what a game that's going to be. I prefer Andrews to er. Ertz has scored the last two weeks, but Andrews says six touchdowns. He did it last week even with Isaiah likely back, So that earns a little bit of trust that we get Baltimore team, a winning team that doesn't want to throw the ball. You're going to get twenty five pass attempts most weeks from them, but the touchdown equity gives Andrews the check mark. There.
Speaker 3: One quick thing to add about Ertz. I do think the absence of Austin Eckler sort of enhances the profile of Ertz because he's probably going to have a monopoly in the short area targets for the compoints.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: Well, if you guys have got more tight end or quarterback questions, make sure you sink your leagues. It's not too late.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter if it's week thirteen.
Speaker 1: If you haven't done the sincer league to the My Playbook app, go and download that today because you can get not only optimized lineups where it can help you with you know, if there's a guy that's injured and it'll do the swap out, you can get fully optimized lineups. They'll also give you suggestions on who you should be playing in your lineups or versus what's out on the waiver wire. They can say this player is better. Do it today, sync up, use my playbook if you got some of those big questions and you you can see more at fantasypros dot com slash rankings if you want to see beyond the top twelve at quarterback and Titan that we mentioned here. Four Pats Fitz Morris and Scott Bianalzgi. I'm Chris Welsch. You guys are a fantastic Week thirteen. Hopefully it's great and we will talk to you next time right here on Fantasy Pros. My friends, thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Football podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple podcasts at fantasypros dot com slash review or on Spotify.
Speaker 3: Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasypros.