Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump's leadership.
Speaker 1: I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported.
Speaker 2: You will never return.
Speaker 1: But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally.
Speaker 2: Do what's right, leave now.
Speaker 1: Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 3: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 4: I feel like there's a growing consensus of like disenfranchisement when it comes to voting, with young people like people saying like what's the point of voting, and a lot of older people are kind of shunning young people, saying like that's an ignorant way to go about it. But I understand why people are saying that, because they're looking at it from a standpoint of that we've been broke fifty years ago. We've been broke now. We had criminal justice issues fifty years ago, we have criminal justice issues now.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna go I'm gonna.
Speaker 5: Stay on the broke part because see this is the problem right here, people down standing the broke part. Okay, first, when we say we broke, where are most jobs from.
Speaker 3: They're a private sector. They ain't government. It's a private sector, private sector.
Speaker 5: But guess what we actually overend this all right, I'm about to blow y'all away, all right, So here's where Republicans go. Let's government that means cut jobs. African Americans over in this on government jobs. When you look at again postal workers, it's not the government, but it's actually the government. But school teachers, firefighters, police officers, people who work at city hall, who work in school districts, who are for county government, state government, federal government.
Speaker 3: We over index.
Speaker 5: So when they when Republicans take charge and they go cut government, we actually lose jobs. We also a higher percentage of us make six high five figures and six figures in government jobs.
Speaker 3: So when you talk.
Speaker 5: About the black middle class, how the black middle class grew, The black middle class grew from nineteen seventy through two thousand because we were working in government, because that's where we were able to get real jobs and be respected. So when people say, man, economics hasn't changed, it's because most of the jobs when you look at the majority of the jobs in the private sector.
Speaker 3: And so what happens in our media business?
Speaker 5: Okay BT was sold twenty two years ago in the store of the New York Times. It said Black on media gets one percent of all advertising. It's twenty twenty four. Guess how much we get one percent? So guess what if we are not accessing those dollars. Look at private equity, venture capital.
Speaker 3: You know where that money comes from. Pitching funds.
Speaker 5: Get to a pitching fund workers black people because those are public workers.
Speaker 3: So pitching funds drive investment in Wall Street.
Speaker 5: So we are arguing with the venture capitals, y'all need to invest more money in black people.
Speaker 3: We're arguing with private equity when ninety.
Speaker 5: Eight percent of private equity money is in the hands of white people. So Robert Smith's company, Vista Equity Partners, they are one hundred billion dollar fund, that's the largest one. Even though the data shows that black and minority firms outperform white firms in private equity. So we have been we are frozen out of this economic system.
Speaker 3: And so how do we now counter it.
Speaker 5: You've got to have policymakers who are using their power to change it.
Speaker 3: So when I am pushing and driving of the.
Speaker 5: CBC and I'm calling on Senator Chuck Schumer, they just had these corressional hearings with social media companies. The Democrats in the Senate need to bring all those white ad agencies to the table and say, why y'all not spending with black on media companies? Why is it still one percent? We have to understand how to use power. We got to understand that. Guess what if we take over the school board. Listen to me, clearly, we don't even vote in school board elections. You got to not people the school board. You get five of those people, You now control the dets bond, You now control who gets hiring. You now can now make demands when it comes to contracts in New York State when Carl McCall.
Speaker 3: Was the controller. You know what they did.
Speaker 5: They actually changed the rules when it came to oh no, no, no, y'all can't come and get pitching money from us unless y'all got black partners, unless you're using black law firms, unless you're using black black accounting firms.
Speaker 3: When David Patrison became governor, he changed the rules.
Speaker 5: There dramatic increase on blacks being able to tap into the state funds and contracts. So we gott understand the money game and how do we leverage politicians.
Speaker 3: When I was at TV.
Speaker 5: One, guess who controls the cable cable cable contracts in the city.
Speaker 3: Does the city votes on who has the cable contract.
Speaker 5: We would go to those cable companies try to get us on get TV one on local system.
Speaker 3: They would tell us no, noe. So you know what we would do.
Speaker 5: We will wait until they contract was up, and then we would go to the Black city council members, and the Black City council members will say, I'm not voting on this cable contract until y'all put TV one on your system. We leveraged political power to drive economics, or.
Speaker 3: How do you sow something my father.
Speaker 4: What I was saying with that is like, what's some actionable item that the every day black person can do to hold politicians accountable? Because voting is one thing, but like you said, if they're not being held accountable the.
Speaker 3: One process at the beginning of another go ahead.
Speaker 4: If there's no if there's no super packs, if there's no pressure put on them, then they're just using our vote get in office and then just ignore annoying us.
Speaker 3: So, well, here's what you have to do.
Speaker 5: When we are organizing people to vote. We got to keep that organization in place. So when it's now time to move or something. The school board but was still there, we have. So here's the first thing. Stop having protests and you're not collecting data. So you have a protest and two people show up, get them.
Speaker 3: Earners, what's up.
Speaker 6: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the seats of digital tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square? We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one.
Speaker 3: Of our merch partners.
Speaker 6: Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on.
Speaker 3: What matters most ready.
Speaker 6: To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more. That's Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live a more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the.
Speaker 1: United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and.
Speaker 2: Deported, you will never return.
Speaker 1: But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally.
Speaker 2: Do what's right. Leave now.
Speaker 1: Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 5: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security, Claim number, email, social media. So when it's time to now move, you now have a database of people to reach out and say I need fifty of y'all to show up.
Speaker 3: At the next school board meeting. So that's one.
Speaker 5: The second thing is you've got a join organization. Carmichael Carmen Teray said, show me anybody black who has been able to achieve something organized. When it came to changing our community, it was not done as an individual.
Speaker 3: They did it but through a group.
Speaker 5: So we got to use our group power, which now means that our groups had to stop being focused on bullshit and actually have a real agenda, which is why I challenge soraritas and fraternities to do more and just have events where we wear our colors and we're all inward.
Speaker 3: Know how we driving things outward.
Speaker 5: But the third thing is for everybody who's listening, answer me this question.
Speaker 3: Do you know who your counsel member is? No?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I don't mean oh yeah, the black person. No, you can live in somebody else's district. It's black people right now, go yeh in Houston. Yeah, see the Jackson leadies my carswoman. Uh uh, you live in a whole different zip code. So the first thing is know who represents you. Who is your council member, who is your county commissioner, Who is your state rep who's your state senator?
Speaker 3: Who is your member of Congress? Who is your US Congress?
Speaker 5: But every state has two United States Senators. Know who they are, Know who the district attorney is. So now we know now who aren't need to talk to because when you walk in and well look when when the Republicans held up Loretta Lynch being confirmed as Attorney General, the black women were protesting. So I said, what are the brothers? All these black mail griws wasn't doing nothing? So I called Jamal passor Jamal Bryan, Jeff Johnson. So we organized something. We organized two hundred men to go to Capitol Hill. But you know we did.
Speaker 3: These brothers had never been to Capitol Hill. They came all over.
Speaker 5: So we rolled up. We said, all right, we're gonna we're gonna visit. Uh, We're gonna visit John Corner's office. He's a Texas Senator. I'm from Texas, I said, I need everybody from Texas come to the front of the line. So we walked into the office. We said, hot, we're so and so we are his constituents. When we went to meet with Thad Cochrane Mississippi, we said, Missisippi, brothers, come in front.
Speaker 3: Of the line.
Speaker 5: See when you're a constituent, they don't want to ignore you because you agnore you.
Speaker 3: You're a voter.
Speaker 5: Congress Woman everybody Johnson who just died, she I still rerigised to vote. I'm still reagied to vote in Texas. She was my congresswoman. Jasmin Crockett is not my congress woman. So Jasmine was like, yeah, I gotta go on rolling show because his ass a constituent. He vote and see see what we see. The problem is we're not understanding politics. And so I'll say this here. I'm gonna say it again. And this is why I do my show the way I do it. We gotta teach our people politics. We gotta teach them how the system works. We gotta teach them. So choke wait Lamomba mayor of Jackson, Mississippi, water crist is there Republicans like man the Biden folks ain't doing nothing for you. Choke wait, said I'm going to Capitol Hill to get the money. They said, they ain't doing nothing for you. What happened, Mayor Lamumba went to Capitol Hill, the Biden administration, the Democrats six hundred million dollars. Then the Republicans want to get involved. He said, no, no, no, y'all. They helped me get the money, but now you want to participate. It's understanding levers of power. And so for people out there might be saying, oh yeah, Roland, okay, man, you all educated, the gona help y'all out. Mom and daddy never went to college. Mom and daddy graduated from high school. But mom and daddy were co founders of a neighborhood civic club called Clinton Park Civic Club. And you know what happened. A whole bunch of brothers and sisters like man, y'all ain't gonna do nothing. You know how they started, they said we're gonna do some trash pick up once a month. Then after three months they said, we know we're gonna do something. You know, we were tired of these overgrown lots in these crack houses. How could we get these torn down? They figured out how to do. So, we were tired of the crime in the neighborhood. So they said they didn't say who's the police chief, No, who's the.
Speaker 3: Commander for this district? And went to them.
Speaker 5: Knew him by name, so when stuff went down, he picked the phone up. I need to speak the command and so and so mister Martin, ms Martin, we're gonna dispatch a unit out or to look at this right now.
Speaker 3: And after ten years, you know what happened.
Speaker 5: They said, you know, we need some new sidewalks, we need some new source systems, we need park refurbished, we need that Senior citizens at old firehouse turned to a senior citizen center. In a decade, Clinton Park, where I was born and raised changed because regular ordinary people who did not go to college cared enough about their community. But they learned the political system. What I'm describing every single person listening and watching can actually do again. My mama and daddy worked, had jobs, they had five kids. I lived this because we were free labor. We had to go drop the pamphlets off of people's doors whatever. But they first cared enough about their community, and then they said, what do we want to see change? And now who can change it. And that's how this thing works. We didn't have no packs, we didn't have no millionaires, no billionaires. Hell, we had no thousand nayars. But the people got to together and said we can change this. And guess what. It started with five or six and then grew to ten to twenty, then thirty to forty and fifteen one hundred.
Speaker 3: And let me tell you something right now, there's no politician.
Speaker 5: If he or she sees thirty forty fifty one hundred people showing up for consecutive months, gonna ignore them because you know what they're doing. Them folks gonna vote by keep ignoring them. They gonna light my ass upcome election time. But we have got to care enough to actually get in the game.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a Texas. Man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump's leadership.
Speaker 1: I'm Christin Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossing are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens.
Speaker 2: Have been arrested.
Speaker 1: If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: A day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return.
Speaker 1: But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally.
Speaker 2: Do what's right, leave now.
Speaker 1: Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 3: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,