Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to twenty twenty four. Oh no, yo, they didn't even change it in the Docks Game Day, I mean me did not change it to the doc it says Wednesday, January third, twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: Slash cut that twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Maybe we're still in twenty twenty three. It's December fourteenth, just so you know, because if some of these predictions come true, you know we're gonna want to timestamp this shit because we got some heaters coming. My fashion prediction is a real wild wild. My name is Jack O'Brien. I'm throwed to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles Grad. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello.
Speaker 3: I'm really excited to look at this upcoming year with everybody or dreading it. I'm not quite sure where I like. You know, the inner therapist in me is saying, like, you know what, just try and find the optimism, Like the bad will always be there, so look for the good.
Speaker 1: And then I'm optimistic on an interpersonal level. On a broad level, via pessimist.
Speaker 3: This person who does a daily podcast reading the news all the time goes.
Speaker 1: So we'll see which one wins out. My prediction is acid reflux. Well, we are thrilled to be joined in our third seat by the brilliant and talented super producer.
Speaker 4: Back.
Speaker 3: What's your how are you? How would you wrap up twenty twenty three? How would you sum up? You had a good twenty twenty three? I mean, look for you personally, we all know what the fuck is out there, you know.
Speaker 5: Even on a personal level, I feel like it was a long year.
Speaker 1: Oh it was.
Speaker 5: It was a year of.
Speaker 4: Being in support my partner, and I feel like I'm really hoping for him to have a better year because really rough year. So it was a year about being a learning how to be a really good partner and how to be a dog mom.
Speaker 5: So you're a challenging year of lots of lessons, but.
Speaker 1: You're to love but you're nurturer.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know you that.
Speaker 3: I mean we've only hung out in person a handful of times, but spent numerous hours on the internet, numerous zoom calls, and I could feel I feel like you probably entered those roles pretty naturally.
Speaker 2: So I mean, I see how you love your dog.
Speaker 4: The first time that I was like, oh my god, I'm a real adult dealing with like real adult ship like I have you know, a dog child, the dog child that has you know, vaccines and appointments and ear infections, and you're raising them to not.
Speaker 3: Be evil and also like your partner has like life events that are like bigger than merely like.
Speaker 1: Man, the fucking Yankees lost exactly like my friend. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I hear that. I hear that. All right, Well, let's get into some of the velvet jacket. Yeah, man, it's my holiday jacket.
Speaker 5: Oh I think I was like, I'm in a Sada jacket. I'm in an old Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, throw it up.
Speaker 5: Jack looks nice. I look like I'm still in college.
Speaker 1: We're recording this on the day of the LA Podcast Studio holiday party. Yeah, at the at the studio. So I have my little Uh it's boiled wool, as the guy at the store told us when we were like, oh, is that velvet? And he probably told my wife it's boiled wool.
Speaker 2: The boiled wool. Is it like velvet or nom?
Speaker 1: I just now it's just like kind of soft and uh, it's doing a lot, my man, the red wintry boiled wool. The guy looked like a creature from the bottom of the ocean. It's just a yeah, exactly coming off is getting off anglerfish vibes, but and just waiting for us to ask if the jacket was right. His like little light bulb was hanging over this dangling over our head. Is this a velvet? It's boiled? They're gonna like the way you look. I guarantee it, all right. So predictions we like to, you know, we don't go back often enough. And because the Internet is broken now, just like websites no longer work because of AI and because of budget cuts across the board, it was it was hard to find like what people's actual predictions were for twenty twenty three, but we did find some from one Nostra dumb ass. Uh Nostra Damas came with. I didn't realize he was just like, all right, so next year twenty twenty three, like just going through. But apparently he uh, he had some very specific predictions for twenty twenty three. He thought that there would be a great war, which pretty vague and sadly can literally apply it any year, but also mentioned a celestial fire on the Royal Edifice, which people interpreted as either a fire or a meteor impacting Buckingham Palace, which couldn't happen. He really shot his shot on that one. He's like, and a meteor is going to hit this one building or my name's not Nostrodoms. They were like, well, okay, sure. Also something about the light of Mars will go out Mars seems fine, so way off the asshole.
Speaker 3: Clear misunderstanding of what any of that means, Like the light will go out on it.
Speaker 1: It's like reflect and we'll have to replace the light bulb with astronauts like that. He was predicting at a time when that was probably there will need.
Speaker 5: More lamb the year the Mars rover died though, is it so?
Speaker 1: Some people thought that that would mean that unattempted Mars mission would be disastrous, but this was not the year of any disastrous Mars missions, apart from SpaceX's scheduled calamities, right yeah, which they're doing on purpose. I wanted that to happen.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I feel like I remember who was it?
Speaker 3: Our favorite from Texas who got the Mustang?
Speaker 2: They had the goat person ever manner ever, okay, I remember whatever.
Speaker 1: Ever.
Speaker 2: One of the first times Ever came on.
Speaker 3: They were like, yo, you fuck with Baba Vanga and we're like oh yeah, and they're like, you got Bulgarian mystic and ship like that. I think Baba Vanga has may have accurately predicted one thing this year.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm trying to think. So we've got some we've got some Baba Vanga content. And here from JM.
Speaker 2: So okay, okay, okay, Because some of.
Speaker 1: The published psychic predictions from Baba Vanga, who is the late psychic who supposedly predicted nine to eleven, said that twenty twenty four would see a nuclear planet explosion and also a visit from Aliens and the whole world would be covered in darkness. It's also possible that she had just heard about the plot of Highlander too, as we'll get to. Okay, that's fine. First, sorry that I think that was for twenty twenty three nuclear plant explosion. One of the calamities that has yet to happen is a nuclear plant explosion. Visit from Aliens has been ongoing for a while, so that's not I'm not impressed yet. Don't impress a meme Uasha Vanga. And yeah, the whole world has not been covered in darkness.
Speaker 2: I think she was right about it.
Speaker 3: She predicted a solar storm or something this year, and that happened like earlier in December. Okay, yeah, so I'll give her that. I mean, I don't know how. This is also something producer Brian is also talking about. He's like, that's why he's got a lot.
Speaker 1: Of redundant power systems for all his computers and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, you know, Baba Vanga, I think one out of eight things hit maybe right.
Speaker 1: A living psychic claimed that a space portal will open up under Area fifty one and Elon Musk somehow knows all about it, and also predicted the return of the Antichrist in twenty twenty three. But I feel like that one's so vague. We're not like there's so many people like Obama with the Antichrist. I've heard arist every year. I know who's this year?
Speaker 2: Should we give this year's Antichrist to something?
Speaker 1: Anti Christ? Is Elian? Honestly, the Antichrist would probably be Taylor Swift, right, Like if we're going off of like you're just like someone who leads everybody in a direction, like the power the magnetism is, like.
Speaker 4: I would say because of Elon's acquiring of Twitter ax.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the broad Tech Army. He's got two. Yeah, he's got an army too. But I think you know, to your point in Jack, there was that priest who was like, you know, Taylor's doing like demonic rituals and like, I'm not trying to say like she knows what her she's intentionally doing that. But the demons care not about inten They only care that they are being summoned.
Speaker 1: That's right. So yeah, maybe Taylor Swift maybe probably not our person of the year. We've said we thought our person of the Year for last year should have been labor Or with AI as the runner up, because of just how much fucking hype that got, and that does seem like it would have been the thing that people globally will look back on and be like, this is the year that everybody just couldn't shut the fuck up about AI and then they started using it and it was bad for the world. But our Antichrist of the year, I mean, and this is not I hope Taylor fans, because like we've brought up Taylor. When we said that Taylor maybe shouldn't have been the person of the year, people were like actually the like here's some really good ship that she did, and like she like pays for all the stuff and like tips well, and it's just like an amazing.
Speaker 2: Then I should be motherfucking time people.
Speaker 5: It's like the least you can do as a billionaire, Like what.
Speaker 1: Do you Yeah.
Speaker 5: Did you pay your employees and you tip?
Speaker 3: I get when you're a fan, you can't stand to hear something like they did and deserve x or y.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I just don't think even after for Taylor Swift being person People of the Year, Person of the Year, that's not that's not something she like, she don't need that.
Speaker 1: She's already with her music. So I'm like a little unnerved by how much it seemed like she actually wanted it to be, like yeah, I am on the level of FDR and Stalin, Like yo, I mean she's yeah yeah that that interview was wild anyways. Also, dmitriy Medvedev like made a list of predictions for some reason, which included a second American Civil War in twenty twenty three, Elon Musk presidency in twenty twenty three, and the rise of the Fourth Reich following the collapse of the EU. So my man went on the record and uh off swamp rock defenses on that one. Yeah, and then just box office predictions are always interesting because people like that. So scream Rant did a big list of like, these are gonna be the top ten movies. Mario they put in number one. It was number two, so like pretty close, but they didn't even have like Barbie in the top ten or Oppenheimer.
Speaker 5: Believe in women, yeah.
Speaker 2: Exactly, But what about Christopher Nolan He doesn't either.
Speaker 6: Yeah, believed in them as long as they're like kind of don't follow any logical path other than to sell chaos on the leg they're great, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're chaotics and not human.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, that's right. Fast ex Indiana Jones, the Marvels and Mission Impossible. They were like, these are your top films of the year, and not so much. They didn't do that well. So I think it was Barbie, then Super Mario Brothers then Oppenheimer were the top three. Okay, all original films. I mean Super Mario Brothers the most original of all. Absolutely.
Speaker 3: I never I thought it was so fantastic the world they built in that one, and just like the characters and everything. A lot of time went into that for just one film.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I don't know. I'm hoping that process like continues and that original films like continue to overperform of the box office instead of sequels. But man, we have a lot of fucking sequels coming, as we'll get to. And then some people from the year nineteen twenty three made some predictions about what life was going to be like in twenty twenty three. Oh okay, and so the big one that I think, I mean, this is interesting and maybe it'll happen next year. But they were predicting the eradication of beauty contests because everyone will be so beautiful that I love, they so much of their time and like attention back then was spent on like well, so our first question, what are the beauty contests going to be? Like?
Speaker 3: There will be none because everyone will be so beautiful.
Speaker 1: It's like people will no longer spend their Friday evenings going down to the dock and waving at boats that are leaving port because their arms will be flippers. Like they got like a thing that was like no longer happening. But they just like missed why you know, wait they really said that, No, no, just saying it feels yeah. Yeah, because of race mixing.
Speaker 2: You're like, oh shit, because of race mixing, they won't even have hands.
Speaker 1: That's easy. That seemed to be what they did back then. Though. You could either go to the beauty contest just judge a woman's beauty. You could go down to the dock and wave it a boat that was either coming in or leaving, or you could hit one of those metal hoops with a stick. Right, those were right, Those were your petty Farthings, Yeah, Penny Farthing races.
Speaker 3: So it's like, we won't do ticker tape parades anymore because ticker tape will shoot out of your own home with your.
Speaker 1: Own ticker tape shooter. You can have a made with your own home ticker tape maker from Magna Box. All right, uh, let's take a quick break. We'll come back. We'll do our predictions and look at what movies thought was gonna happen in twenty twenty three. We'll be right back and we're back. You just get into our our prediction.
Speaker 3: Sure, wow, yeah, I didn't know this was I know this was a radio bilingue.
Speaker 1: Okay, that can't be real, is it? Prediction?
Speaker 5: Is that I think it is.
Speaker 1: Hey, yeah, look at me, Look at me. It is sorry to double sweet miles. You want to kick us off.
Speaker 2: First one for twenty twenty four. Okay, so a lot.
Speaker 1: I'm just thinking.
Speaker 3: I'm just thinking, God, can you blame me thinking so much about the presidential election?
Speaker 1: Uh, I'm right.
Speaker 5: Out, Yeah, there's no way there's a president.
Speaker 3: I mean, like, aside from my own misgivings about what is happening, I'm trying to look at the whole picture right now, and I'm thinking right because just you know, it's funny and we may or may not talk. You may or may not have heard this on the daily that case, but recently the Biden administration was like, oh, like switch the like the debate on the economy and like start delivering like real stuff at the kitchen table for Americans.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's what will help.
Speaker 3: So they're figuring this out pretty fucking late in the game, and that's very, very upsetting. But I have a feeling to counteract that Biden and the Democrats are gonna have to go even further all in on the Trump fear mongering, which I'm not saying isn't like, isn't deserved because this guy is saying out loud.
Speaker 2: He's like, I'll be a fascist day one dictator.
Speaker 3: And then except for day one, day one, I mean dictating, but it's only day one, starting day one, and then what does it end. I'm just saying it's starting day one is when that will happen. So that is absolutely frightening. But I feel also that that emphasis is going to also miss the fact that they are probably going to do too little to make material improvements to voters lives in the limited time that is there, and then at the last minute he will promote some kind of gigantic fdrsque vision, but it may be too late. I don't think he's going to come out with it now. I do think though, that they are going to The things that they're truly going to rely on are fear mongering, dangling the carit of codifying Row versus Wade, and making things more affordable for American people in some level where that's through healthcare. I don't know what, but I feel like those are going to be. That's what they're really going to press on, and it'll be TBD if.
Speaker 2: Those things come to fruition.
Speaker 3: And that's what worries me, because we can't just keep doing the dangling in front of the voters and then expect them to show up, because at this point it's getting old. So that's my first sort of political prediction.
Speaker 1: I think. Just tying into that, I feel like the divide between the left and like left leaning people's politics and the mainstream Democratic Party is going to continue to be more and more or uh fraught and like that, like that just the bad faith arguments I see, like the version of the left that you hear from mainstream like people who just follow like mainstream politics, Like it is so just it's like, well, you're all anti semitic and petulant and like you just have stupid uh you you believe stupid things. So it's just it feels like that divide that like we used to have between left and right, where the right was like well you're all you all just want to like kill babies, Like that's also happening on the left now. Yeah, like between the Democratic Party and people who have actually progressive politics and believing right.
Speaker 3: The irony will be that while they want to call progressives or leftists whatever, people left of the Democratic Party petulant or whatever, like people are asking for like really basic things very basic like.
Speaker 4: For healthcare, they're wing to not be broke exactly, to have housing, but they're asking for human rights and needs and necessities.
Speaker 5: And I agree with both of you.
Speaker 4: I think my add on to that is more that obviously Biden's not gonna win in my opinion as much, and I think he has dangled the carrot too much in this presidency, that he's lost all goodwill of the left, like the leftist people past the Democrats that are like, well, we just got to not get Trump, and I think kind of an honest campaign, people are not going to vote this year.
Speaker 5: I think you have a lot of people not vote this year.
Speaker 1: I think I think producer on a host said her prediction was she will not be voting, and she you can find her in these streets up for people to registering, people registered de registered. You can find her with a clipboard being like, have you deregistered to vote?
Speaker 3: But I think there's something like, even though that's a joke, right, that there is a real feeling of existential defeat and dread for people who are like this government is like not response, like we're so far behind the rest of the world, not just in like when you look at the UN resolution for a ceasefire and like the US like not us, Yeah, and we're like you realize how much of an outlier of the US is, Like we fall behind in a lot of other metrics as compared to quality of life and other developed nations. And so I think the irony will be that while they there's going to be these look, what's going to happen is they're gonna put every They're gonna lay all the failures of the Democratic Party at the feet of progressives and people on the left, that's all.
Speaker 1: And as they always do.
Speaker 4: I feel like there's a very common conversation amongst like my friends of color that are like, well, like who can get dual cinistionship in the countries that their parents immigrated from to come here, because like it doesn't seem like we can sustain a life here.
Speaker 5: In the United States.
Speaker 4: Like, oh yeah, that is the energy that is being brought into the twenty twenty four even so, I just have a bad feeling about I think a lot of the goodwill that Biden had kind of won by winning the presidency in twenty twenty, like this hope he has sustained that like ah, we defeated Trump. We did it, like everyone was like, okay, and now what now what Biden?
Speaker 5: We're holding your feet to the fire.
Speaker 4: Do the things he said, and as he failed throughout these past four years, you know, or three years right now, you know, I think people have lost all hope.
Speaker 5: They're like, we don't even care if Trump gets reelected because it's not getting better.
Speaker 3: And yeah, and I think that's what's like, really, that's what makes it a very intellectually fraught kind of decision to make. Right, Like this guy is telling you, he's like, I will brutalize like immigrants, Like I'm telling y'all day one, it's fucking on. And then it's like, well, can it be that much worse? Like it fucking can be. But then this fucking guy is like lying to us, and we're like we're having to watch just like untold horrors unfold before our eyes and feel like we're completely inert as a nation to intervene or do anything about it. And so there's such a I don't know a lot of philosophical uh, tug of war are going to be happening in a lot of people's heads. I think a lot of people get Yeah, no, for real, because I mean, honestly, I think people who may want to sit this vote out.
Speaker 2: You probably may have the luxury of that.
Speaker 3: If you live in a state that's so solidly blue, like you could vote for fucking you know whoever the monopoly man as a right candidate or whatever.
Speaker 1: But in other states it's it's different.
Speaker 3: And I think that's what is so uh, what's is what makes everything so contentious right now, because on one hand, it's like when you people, when people hear that they don't like Biden, they the that the only way that's perceived is you want Trump. It's like, I don't fucking want Trump either. What I am trying to do is see if there's any way that I can extract any kind of concessions out of a of a political candidate, uh that is more in line with a worldview that seems humane, and and that's where it becomes. That's where it feels really fucking gross, because on some level, if you've lived in this country long enough, feel like, I don't know if they can because it's just going to be like this.
Speaker 2: I think this election is going to.
Speaker 3: Be status quo versus you know, diet dictatorship, diato dictatorship.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, diet coke dictatorship because the leader drinks diet cook but it might just be full on dictatorship. Yeah yeah, I mean I'm trying to like make it a little bit euphimistic. Again, these are yeah predictions. There's no world where it's not Biden versus Trump, right, like that's that's happening. Like there's still these like panicked op eds that are still dropping as of this recording, where it's like Biden needs to hand over the keys right now, like get out of there, like you know.
Speaker 4: It's yeah, I mean I really haven't even seen, which I guess is why I kind of forgot it was going to be an election year. I haven't seen any campaigning on the left for another candidate, you know, I haven't heard any other options besides Biden going for reelection.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean there's gonna be Jill Stein. I think she's coming back, right Cornell West, and.
Speaker 1: Cornell West is like it's our only hope at this point.
Speaker 3: And I don't even know if that's gonna you know, it's it's fucking it's grim out there.
Speaker 1: There's just no leadership on the left, which I think is going to make it so that this contest between the like mainstream and the left is going to be won by the mainstream, and like the left is going to be made to look like shit in the mainstream media and just just about everywhere, which is going to be very frustrating and going to make it almost impossible to talk to a lot of people. So that's the good news. Uh. The bad news is uh, and I this is really a prediction, but just the AI way AI is being I don't know thought about. I could see it being a big like market disruption because there's still like a massive market value for these companies using AI, where they're like this is the way of the future, and then the reality of the product is like when you use AI, it's so bad that like people get fired like this CEO of Sports Illustrated got fired at the end of at the beginning of December for you like creating AI sports writers and just like not telling anyone. So I don't know, it's I just I keep having these moments where I'm like doing things that I used to be able to do, like trying to do research on the internet. You just like can't do it anymore. It's completely fucking broken, like it. It's really like, yeah, it's just disrepair. And that there was this idea once that I had that you could just assume that things would continue to get better and that that was both you know, politically, like people would continue to have like more and more rights, uh and also just you know, oh, well we built like you know, the internet is a thing now, and then the Internet will continue to get better. And it's just so far from the reality now like that, I don't think people even like recognize that that change has happened, but things getting worse like that from a consumer just like from a day to day life perspective, uh, feels feels like it's happening more and more. And that's like in both cases, both like with regards to the left and with regards to just like things getting worse on a day to day like how we live our lives basis. It really feels like there's an opportunity for someone, like some leadership to step up and put these things to words. But it I don't know, it's just it hasn't happened to this point because it's the United States and there's not a lot of like media attention. There's not a lot of oxygen for that sort of thing, right, I do think like in the next couple of years there could be like it does feel like people are out enough on the mainstream the old version of the mainstream media that like there could be some sort of movement that happens that is just kind of feed with I think.
Speaker 3: I mean, one thing I do since is that every like less and less people are feeling the ability to live comfortably.
Speaker 1: Yes, And all you see.
Speaker 3: Are things like like you know, legislators talking about cutting pensions and like changing like retirement and things like that, and it it does get to a point where, like, I'm something is going to break on some level, Like it's really hard to imagine. I'm surprised it really hasn't yet because the cost of living being so high and just the complete warping of the quote unquote American dream of like what is attainable and what is not anymore that weighs heavily on a lot of people, and there something like that energy is going to manifest into something. I'm not quite sure what that is, but it's it's boiling right now. It's not even like bubbling. I think it's like roiling under the.
Speaker 1: Surface manifesting into fascism for a certain part of the population. And sure since twenty sixteen, but there's got to be room for somebody who's actually telling the truth about what it is right.
Speaker 3: Right exactly, And I think like the closest thing, I mean, like when Sean Faine of the United Auto Workers was imploring, like saying, like, hey, you know that we talked about this on with Vincent Bevans, talking about like you know, when you're talking about successful mass movements, a lot of the stuff you got to do is you got to work in the off season. And one of the things Sean Fayne was saying was that he'd like other unions should time their contracts to expire in twenty twenty eight so that there could be a real general strike that like would hit many different industries simultaneously.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right at the end of Trump's second presidence.
Speaker 3: But with the way they are, it's like that's the closest dately, Like that's what that's where we're head.
Speaker 5: We're looking at.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly, and that's how we're going to fucking change something. But yeah, that I mean, there's so many so many things out there. The one thing I also I am thinking will happen is I feel like there there has to be some kind of reckoning with what is happening in Gaza in this next year. I'm not sure if that manifests in some geopolitical way, whether that's like the lack of support for Biden or whatever other candidates or other governments, or in the form of like extremist terrorism. But I just the part I just cannot see what is happening right now and think this all goes away when Hamas is destroyed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just don't. Things don't work like that.
Speaker 3: Human emotion does not work like that, And I think it's really misguided for people to think that things were that we were, that we could be somewhat safer as a result of like this is like indiscriminate bombing campaign of the Israeli government. So I just don't know how that. I mean, I don't know if it's a reckoning for net and Yahoo. I don't know what what what that's going to be.
Speaker 1: But I feel like it can be a reckoning for Bide, Like I think it's gonna be that Biden doesn't get elected, And.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's it and I but then then you have to I wonder how many people right are you know, like they said people were progressive until Palestine. Again, I wonder how many people who are going to get sucked into the Like okay, just put that out of your mind and like maybe Joe Biden will give everyone a free bicycle in twenty twenty four, like if that's gonna be enough. But yeah, like I just no, could you have free e bikes? I'm like, oh well, oh hold on no for a second, now, I know what kind of like suddenly they've spoken to the consumer and all of us. But yeah, I just there's there's just way too much emotion. There's no way I can read the news and not feel sick to my stomach. Yeah, And that's what is so disturbing to me, is like I don't like that the powers that be believe that people who are engaging.
Speaker 1: With the news can just kind of set it aside.
Speaker 3: I know many people can, but I've seen a lot of people who suddenly like weren't very political, be like oh my.
Speaker 2: God, like it's so bad there.
Speaker 3: I'm like, wow, welcome to Earth, but yeah, it really earth.
Speaker 1: Vox All right, and then my last prediction is propeller hats. Propeller hats everywhere I'm put my money where my mouth is. I like little hats. Yeah, the little spinny hats. I am completely leveraged up to my neck propeller hats. But yeah, I said what I said. Those are those are any predictions.
Speaker 2: Fashion otherwise culture?
Speaker 5: Ooh, fashion or culture? Let me think? I mean, I do feel.
Speaker 4: Like the propeller instry is about They're coming in.
Speaker 2: Stop spotting the chat jack.
Speaker 4: I do feel like there is gonna be this like implosion in the fashion industry. As someone who's just like chronically on TikTok and I need my brain is frying, I do feel like that the cycles are moving so fast, and as much as there's so much talk about fast fashion being bad, it is still like, I feel like at an all time high because people are so trying to meet these trend expectations and things are spinning, spinning, spinning, spinning, spinning out of control.
Speaker 5: Ire like the propeller hats.
Speaker 4: I hope that they kind of have a reckoning in and of itself, because it's a conversation I think with capitalism, with everything falling apart, in the country, things are just not what they were. Like even if you're trying to thrift in things, it's like stuff is falling apart because the fabrics, you know, the what is it, the shrinkage or whatever, Like we're costing inflations making things cost more, but they're also using cheaper quality fabrics.
Speaker 5: So it's like you're.
Speaker 4: Paying more for a product you to buy the same thing ten years ago, and it's not even the same.
Speaker 1: Quality as ten years ago. Quality in fashion is definitely like I've seen that observation, like I don't pay enough attention to it for it to like, but a lot of people are like, yeah, like look at a sweater now versus what a sweater like a comparable sweater from a similar company would get back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I've even like I have a sweater from American Eagle that I bought in college and it is still very nice as a sweater. I get complimented on all the time whenever I wear it. And if I were to buy a similar sweater at American Eagle to day, it will fall apart in a week or not a week, like a year, Like I probably where that sweat of the same amount of times I've worn this sweater and I've seen the wear.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 4: I don't even shop at American Eagle anymore, not only because it's like not my style, but I used to buy underwear there. They have a pretty good underwear deal. I think most women in this country know what I'm talking about when it comes.
Speaker 1: To American underwear deal. Yeah, it's like.
Speaker 5: Ten for thirty five.
Speaker 4: It's been the same forever, but like the same underwear from them, and it's just like disintegrade.
Speaker 1: It's made of cobwebs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the mad with your hands.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you put and you're like, where did it go?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 5: And it's not my dog? I promise it like it's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do. Really, I do feel like there's going to be. It might not be this year, but there's going to be. And I think it's happening in our individual minds. Everybody individually is like, this ship is not work. Like this operating system that we been operating off of for the past you know however many decades is no longer working. The companies are like, oh, I can sell worse shit for more money, and if we all do that and call it inflation, we're good. Yeah like that, Yeah, And like the fucking government can't say shit to us like that, so things are just completely out of the control of any human. Capitalism is just completely you know, grinding down everything they possibly can, like it doesn't work anymore. People are recognizing that individually, but because the whole system is like kind of part of this self perpetuating hive mind of capitalism, nobody is like stepping up as a leader because the media is you know, is like capitalism central nervous system, and they don't want that to happen, you know, just like kind of like that, right.
Speaker 3: That's why I think like de influencing has been like kind of an interesting movement in that direction, where it's like the gospel of like stop the coppying of the new shit.
Speaker 5: You know What's crazy though with the de influencing.
Speaker 4: I feel like TikTok as an app itself like rejected the influencing so hard they created the TikTok shop, And now every time I'm on TikTok, it's like every post I'm.
Speaker 1: Watching is a ad.
Speaker 5: It's like, have you tried the unbrushed?
Speaker 4: And I'm like, you can't tell me that's not a brush I can buy from the fucking beauty supply store. Right, that is not a revolutionary curly device, and you're not going to make me spend three dollars.
Speaker 2: And I keep hearing, well, how about this beca shop.
Speaker 3: You heard a pink sauce, so you heard a pink sauce, Well how about blue sauce?
Speaker 1: Because that's why.
Speaker 4: And it's two ninety nine on the TikTok toop click right now, and I'm like, no, I'm not buying any of this bullshit. So I I don't know. I feel like TikTok's going to implode. I do feel like the fun note fun makeup is going.
Speaker 1: To come back.
Speaker 3: I think fashion prediction, all of my clothes from high school are gonna be so relevant and people are gonna think I'm a motherfucking fashion god when I pull up in my varsity volures fucking tracksuit, my baggy ass rocko wear denim jacket with jeans.
Speaker 1: It's all my rainbow propeller head. And who said that. I know it sounded like me, but that was a actually Miles.
Speaker 3: No, No, You're right no in the rainbow propeller hat, giving new meaning to the term fly.
Speaker 1: Let's take one more quick break we'll come back and look at movies, and we're back and finally just wanted to look at I think we do this pretty regularly in this episode what movies predicted for twenty twenty three and what they think we have in the store for twenty twenty four. So twenty twenty three was predicted by Click. The Adam I came up recently? Didn't we talk about that? It did?
Speaker 4: We talked about it on a different episode movies episode because Brian.
Speaker 1: Was like, no, I like it was on MIC because.
Speaker 4: Brian was like, Adam Sandler, movies like, weirdly get really sentimental in the middle for no reason, even it's like a comedy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And ironically, after we had the conversation, my partner was watching Click in our apartment and we have.
Speaker 1: A little is having a moment's having a moment again.
Speaker 4: We have the dog camera app or whatever, but I have the dog with me here in Texas and I just get a notification that's like your dog is barking And I was like, there's no way the dog is with me.
Speaker 5: And he was like, I was watching Click.
Speaker 1: Wow parking in the movie Wow amazing. So Click. He ends up fast forwarding to the year twenty twenty three. That's he up after having had his stomach staple in the hospital, and the hospital is in the year twenty twenty three, and it is like a cheap futuristic version of uh like movie future, Like the everything's the same except like doors like slide like they're on the Death Star. It's like when you walk in and out Cape back and sale is still looks great in twenty twenty three. So they got that prediction correct, But like not a ton of sci fi flourishes. I think somebody is moving around on like one of like one of those people movers, which those are now you know, much more common with the hoverboards and the birds and all that shit. But yeah, glass liposuction, Uh wait about wait what about glass? There's just glass everywhere, Like it's just like a very list Yeah esthetic is like glass and clean and yes, it's sloppy and dirty right now. Yeah. There is like one part where they go to his office. He's like Architect of the Year or some shit, and they go to his office and like it's this big, crowded like work lobby. It's like, well, that shit doesn't happen anymore. We don't spend time in big groups anymore. But for the most part, like there's no big flourish where it's like and everyone is holograms, you know. So Click kind of nailed twenty twenty three Avengers endgame. Granted it was like predicting only seven years ago, but they fast forwarded to the year twenty twenty three. In that one, they skip forward five years and that version of the future is pretty much just like kind of shut down and shitty, but basically looks, you know, like not a lot of people are out in the streets. I remember. It's just kind of a pressed version of twenty eighteen, which is kind of what we got mailed. It fucking nailed it a vendors endgame. So there's this weird like Wikipedia list of movies set in twenty twenty three that came that like include a bunch of movies that like came out in twenty twenty two. Like there's like the children's movie The Bad Guys, which came out in twenty twenty two and apparently is set in twenty twenty three, but like, does that mean no other children's films were set in that year? Like it even includes movies that came out in twenty twenty three. So it's just like that is something that people talk about that, like the great filmmakers have all been scared to make a movie set after the advent of smartphones because smartphones kind of just like fuck up our ability to exist, as you.
Speaker 3: Can have really cool plot holes if cell phones don't exist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. So anyways, Uh, chout out to the movie Year twenty twenty three and then twenty twenty four. We've got, of course, nineteen sixties Beyond the Time Barrier, which is about an Air Force pilot who travels in the future discovers that nuclear testing has destroyed much of the Earth driven humanity indoors created a race of mutants due to cosmic plague.
Speaker 3: Oh, this race of mutants is called podcasters, right, They only go indoors and they talk.
Speaker 1: In their little foam things and it just ranked all day. Yeah. The drawings that they use as like backdrops are just like everyone lives in little spheres and do they home, well, do they at least own their own sphere? No?
Speaker 2: Or are theyting from right? Yeah.
Speaker 1: There's nineteen seventy five cult movie A Boy and his Dog, which finds Don Johnson committing a series of sexual assaults with the help of a telepathic dog in the US of twenty twenty four, which is now post nuclear waste landfalling World War four four. Yeah, I've heard of world War three, but world War four, yo, that's kind of tight. I like that.
Speaker 5: I like that there was like there's definitely two new world War.
Speaker 2: Yea, just conjuring up, like, well, wait till world War six. You're like, what damn about four five?
Speaker 1: Like world wars start happening like faster than the Furious movies. It's just like a new one every year. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I guess world War one and World War two weren't like that drastically far apart, you know, right, because it's crazy to think that a World War three been too long happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean it's we got we got the materials sport right.
Speaker 1: Now, it's been through it. Come itching for a new one. Highlander to the Quickening set in the year twenty twenty four. Imagine the future in which the guy from Highlander invented a laser shield to replace the dying ozone layer back in the nineties. So now all of humanity lives in darkness and everything basically looks like Gotham City for some reason.
Speaker 3: Oh well, like, yeah, okay, I'll take a like any look, anything that'll fight climate change.
Speaker 1: Man, Yeah, whis a little dangerous because so like on the one hand, you know, minus a bit about space lasers, the idea of a giant corporation ignoring the health and well being of the planet in order to like maintain their economic stranglehold, because it does. It does turn out out spoiler alert, that the ozone layer has fixed itself, has healed itself, and the company is continuing to just like profit off a problem that doesn't exist anymore. It's like the idea of a corporation doing something that underhanded and like us being under the thumb of corporation with an economic stranglehold on the world, U seem relevant, although like corporations in the government lying to you to keep you scared, but it's actually all going to be okay. Is not the climate message that I think we need. That like climate change is another pandemic, you know, that's a little worrying. Yeah, well, anyways, there can only be one there.
Speaker 3: Can only be one Highlander, and there's only one solution to climate change, and that's to get off fossil fuels, and they still haven't done that anyway, at least they said it phase down at COP twenty eight pays down, Phase down, John phase Down.
Speaker 1: There's also a bunch of twenty twenty four movies that are from the like in the same as Endgame, because Endgame took place in twenty eighteen, then jumped forward to twenty twenty three. Now every like Marvel movie for a while took place in twenty twenty fourth. So we've got chang Chi happened in spring twenty twenty four. The Falcon in the Winter Soldier happens spring to summer twenty twenty four, Summer twenty twenty four, Spider Man Far from Home, summer into autumn twenty twenty four, Spider Man No Way Home. I didn't realize it was those happened executively. And then we can all look forward to autumn of next year because that's when the Eternals happens, as well as Doctor Strange. In the Multiverse of Madness.
Speaker 2: Well we will, we will be in a multiverse of madness.
Speaker 1: We will in the In the fall, you're not anybody who's dreading the election. When we say the Fall of twenty twenty four. Jesus Christ also twenty twenty one's Godzillaverse Kong set in twenty twenty four, So be the year that the hollow earth theory is proven. Right, we can all look forward to that. Okay, man, that movie, like watching that movie while like walking on a treadmill during the pandemic is like the that memory. What a dark memory? What a dark time? Just being like I moved my body and watch God's theyll A Verse Kong.
Speaker 5: Can you get one of those desks treadmills.
Speaker 1: Jack, No, just a treadmil treadmill, This is a real tremill. Yeah, a treadmill.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, yeah, I just have well my desk.
Speaker 1: My desk is set up like a hamster cage with like a little water bottle that I can just move my head to the side and drink from. And then it has a big wheel that I can run on if I get we get too much energy pent up? Okay, and wood chips.
Speaker 3: Like everyone, everyone, give one really positive prediction, even if it seems so impossible. Just manifest it right now. Put it up, put put get your crystals out, throw it on your vision board. Manifest something right now. Becca do you manifest something? What what's you? What's your what's your hyper positive manifestation.
Speaker 2: Prediction for twenty twenty four that can either be for yourself.
Speaker 1: Or the earth.
Speaker 4: A hyper positive self manifestation is that.
Speaker 5: My partner I will buy property.
Speaker 1: Okay, call it into existence.
Speaker 5: Calling it into existence?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, Jack.
Speaker 3: Do you have anything hyper positive that you would you know that you would just put out there for the sake for the good of the earth.
Speaker 1: The left will find a leader, uh and consolidate around a leader based on just the pure charisma and propeller hat of that leader.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, I like that.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 3: I wish I had got I don't have nothing, man, I think it's all gonna be sucked up.
Speaker 1: Make you feel better.
Speaker 2: One thing I believe that could happen.
Speaker 3: I think it is possible that we will see some kind of billionaire paradigm shift.
Speaker 2: I think we're gonna see by millionaire like one.
Speaker 3: Like not even that, like but one tough guy's and be like, you know what, watch this, it's gone. This is for y'all and I'm still here, you know, And in a way that might begin to get people. I think someone might do something like that, well, which then people will laugh at him or her or whoever. But I do believe that maybe someone might have a crisis of consciousness.
Speaker 4: That I hope Jeff Bezos pays off all our student loans. He says, you know what, I did, fuck y'all for four years and promised this.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he's like, yeah, exactly, and then it's gonna be fucking Bezos and Cameron Diaz running for president on the ticket, and they'll be like, fuck it, bro, I'm down for Bezos Diaz.
Speaker 1: I guess there you go.
Speaker 2: He has money, he has the funds, he has the funds.
Speaker 1: All right, Uh, that's gonna do it for a predictions episode. I think we're back tomorrow with a live episode like where we're also in the ere tweet. All right, so watch last for that guy. If we sound different, we're like wisened. Hopefully no massive catastrophes at that time. Yeah, But until then, I hope you guys are enjoying the new year, and we'll talk to you all tomorrow, all right, Bye bye,