Speaker 1: Lame. If you watch your coffee time the baby you know the name flame, my bro also known as my ro Flame.
Speaker 2: Come in with last and come in with you love loundest baby. You better catch it when you can drop a knowledge from fatherhood to politics, shouting now comics, just paying homage. What's up tests? Yeah you know she raised shout towns on speaking to the grown a second year. We're gonna laugh and cut him and kick it and at the end we leave it with just a lift of spirits. But you want to revisit, so your first like a listen. Young folks say it's lift. Old folks say we dig it. Goodkin, No fish, do what you do? I no this, do what you do? Cain't no this do what I do? No?
Speaker 1: Good Hey, this is comedian's flame Moon Rolle and ladies and gentlemen. This is episode number fifty one.
Speaker 2: No fifteen fifteen fifty. Don't be wanting two people.
Speaker 1: Oh girl, I wanted to damn it, Bobby. Bobby always corrected me. Yeah, that's my call. Say hello to the beautiful Bobby chriss.
Speaker 2: I, No fifty just like the size of my waist.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, Jesus, Well hello, flay Man. Welcome to Laugh and Learned this week's episode of Laft and Learn. We are here this week to give you what we got, what we heard, what we have seen, and what we are living in just like you are living in and we are living in it too. We just try to bring it to you with a little lightweight, Ain't that right, Bobby Clifford.
Speaker 2: Absolutely try to try to package it all up and tell you what's happening for the week. We are your live recap.
Speaker 1: How was your week? Beautiful?
Speaker 2: Minus it's a little boring people, Please send the positive vibes oud. I'm dying for a daytime gig. The weather is perking up here though, so it's been lovely. It's nice walking weather, doing all that type of stuff. But definitely looking for a daytime gig. How about you? You've been busy, even though you said you weren't going to be, You've been busy this week.
Speaker 1: Well, actually, I thought that I had the week off. I was house hunting and getting this crazy daughter man ready for prom, which I'm telling you all right now has whooped every bone in my body. I got besigned even though I had that daughter is driving me crazy. Thank god that the prom is Saraity and after Saraitay, I can breathe. But I had a last minute. First of all, Happy Happy Memorial Day to everybody who celebrated Memorial Day. To all the veterans who served and with lives who have been lost, in families who have been affected, we see you, We thank you for your people's service, including my dad who was a navy man, and so many others that my partner who was also in the army. But it's just it's just been a whirlwind. So I'm barbecue Monday, Bobby. I'm looking a wratchet but t shirt on barbecue sauce running down my mouth. Part of build on this side. I had my week planace had, and then Nick Cannon called me and asked me to come and do a last minute show for him called Nick at Night. It's a new late night. It's a it's a relationship show. But it was a lot of fun myself, Nick Cannon and doctor Mike Dow who is a sex therapist. He's like the male version of Doctor Ruth, so fun, so kind and so handsome. Oh my god, he was such a handsome man Asian too. I was like, ooh, you cure. I want to all of a sudden, I just want some shrimp fried rights. Every time I looked at him, I want to shrimp I right. And when I told him that, he laughed. So before anybody get in their feeling and say it was racist, he liked it. See that's what y'all keep for getting. It's not racist if the person you say it too think it's hilarious. So yeah, we had a time as a goose. As a goose, I'm just.
Speaker 2: I know I'm looking him up and I and it said Mike dow and his husband, so that I just wanted to make sure I was looking up the right Moore.
Speaker 1: That was That was the clue. You ain't have to ask twice.
Speaker 2: He's handsome, he looks like he could be biracial. There could be a little a couple of little something's going on there.
Speaker 1: He definitely is, but you can see the age. But he looks so nice that his little geenie said, his little jeans own his little video booty. It was so cute. But he was so pleasant and he was so informative with the sex therapy stuff, and we had a great time relationship. So thank you for that last minute gig Nick at Yama Shiro's Restaurant, a Japanese restaurant here in La. If you ever in La, please make your way to you Yama she The view alone is exquisite, but the food was fantastic. Let's get to the get to the get to. So I just got a question, Bobby Clifford. If I go out here right now and slap the shit out of police office and then go donate five hundred thousand dollars or maybe a million to a Trump campaign, am I going to get a pardon?
Speaker 2: It could be. I mean, you know, it could be. It looks like he's given that sheriff who was arrested, he pardoned him. He pardoned the violent offenders of January sixth, and then the latest and I are the Chrystlies. And so my question is this, Now, I have to be honest with you. I don't understand a lot about the Chrystlies. It's the financial stuff. So when Trump was what was in court and they were talking all the financials, I don't necessarily get it all. You know, like that, I know that if you use an ATM machine that can be considered like wirefraud. It's really crazy. That said, I believe the wife had to pay back four point five million. I think what they did was they took out loans to pay loans, which a lot of people do. They drain their houses to and take the equity out and then pay stuff and so anyway, he had to payback. I think I think they were twenty total. He was like seventeen million. He had a payback she had to pay back for when they're parted, because they took a lot of like small bank loans, those banks don't get paid back right like, so us the taxpayer somehow are going to get tapped. I would think, and I'm thinking, you know, his BBB not to be confused with the bb OUT, it's a different type of lift. His big beautiful bill where he's giving people all sorts of breaks, but he's cutting Medicaid and SNAP for single people who don't have dependents. You know, wouldn't that money go better? Wouldn't have been better to have them pay that money in and have it go towards those funds being lost. I think he wipes out everything. So what he's doing is have them have snots right, so rich people get this.
Speaker 1: He also parted Larry Hoover and he pardoned is a young young NBA one of those rap rappers of Rico charges NBA, young boy, Thank you Aaron. That's the voice of God. That's Aaron NBA young boy. And so you know, and and I'm going to say this from a black person's perspective, I think he only did that to appease black people, honestly because of all the white people that he was and not just pardoning because they were white. These people were red handed. Did to write on the ship that they did that was wrong. Larry Hooper was conspiracy wise. They said he's been in jail for fifty two years. They say they set him up because he was a big gang leader from Chicago, from the al Rookans who the temple used to be right on thirty ninth Street back where we lived at. I was terrified to go in there. I used to walk past, but I did go in there one time, but I didn't go in there and to prey. But he pardoned him. And I do think he did that to bring down the timiment of black people just saying he's only doing it for white people. And would NBA a young boy, But I don't know that's just my personal opinion. I do not know for a fact, but that's my personal opinion, and it to me, it really did kind of save face. But with the Chris Leies, they were there to write car of tax evasion and wire fraud and stealing money and woo woo. But the daughter donated a million dollars to one of his campaigns and he partnered the mother.
Speaker 2: She got that money. I don't know what because they took everything they had, you know, back when, So I don't know where in the world now I.
Speaker 1: Feel bad, you know that he had money. Bobby stopped that, you know people.
Speaker 2: But she's been I know it's only been a couple of years, but she has had a brother that was in high school at the time, and niece that that the parents were raising, that was in middle school. So she was having to come up with money, you know, like she had a raise. And so I can't imagine whatever they had. They didn't really go through because they had taught.
Speaker 1: It's like they did.
Speaker 2: They audited all their finances and they're super white. They make me look like, you know, a little off colla.
Speaker 1: I mean, don't be surprised if we found out that the network fronted them the money because I'm sure that Christy knows Best will be back on TV in the next ninety days.
Speaker 2: Well maybe Christly knows best. Maybe this is what Chrisly knows now, you know, like I don't know what it's gonna because he certainly didn't know best. His ass wouldn't have been in her ass would And she's she fights breast cancer, you know, she has that on and off. She you know, she's had a kind of a tough road. They seemed like great parents. They did kind of shove it in your face whatever they had. But I just thought, if he's partnering people, let me ask you this, the gentleman that you were just talking about that was fifty two years or whatever, do you think he still has money that he could have He could have greased the wheel and that's how he got out.
Speaker 1: No, no, okay, thank you. I said that. And I would say fifteen twenty years after he had been in jail, maybe ten maybe ten fifteen years that people would have contributed to get him out unless there was a private donor. Because Larry, who was notorious for a lot of things, but he really did help people, especially in the black community, but he had he had a difference. He had another side too. You know, it's kind of like Robin Hood. I'm doing good here and I'm doing some other things here.
Speaker 2: So he was saying all of that.
Speaker 1: Well he was. It was yeah, but he was caught up and railroaded, according to media sources and outlets fifty two years ago, because he had so much power and his voice was so big, and so they did whatever they could do to put him in prison, and they did. He was He spent fifty two years in jail. Thank god, he's still allowing and still know who's he know who he is to get out. But that's still the not giving Trump a pass because he's also pardoning or changing the loss in the state of Kentucky and Minnesota with the police reform after they shine and kill Breonna Taylor in her bed and George Floyd. We watched him that a thousand times on TV.
Speaker 2: They so what he's doing. He did this the first time around, and so everybody has to put their thinking caps on. We've been in typical Trump fashion. We end up talking, we end up being outraged all the time and talking about nonsensical distractions, as you say, flame like and so we're not paying attention to. So we're paying attention to all this bullshit, But is anybody talking about the plane and from Cutter, which the Constitution clearly says that you cannot take a gift from a foreign foreign government. He just has us also confused. He did the same thing with Obama. If Obama's name was on it, he wiped it out. So what he's doing now is he is he desperately for the Affordable Care Act, but people need it too much, so he's chipping away, but he's not able to get it to go. So if something has Biden's name on it, he is going to work like the Dickens in order to be able to chip away at it. So that's sort of what he's doing. So we're all talking about this stuff, and people of Flame and I have been saying it since absolutely the very beginning, pay attention. We cannot We have seventeen months until the midterms. We have got to get through the midterms. We have to find our people, we have to find our voice. We have to kind of keep moving forward so that we take those and we get some sort of control back. Don't be outraged over the stupid bullshit that he talks about it. We can't do it. We really have to pick our battles. Should always be this way, No, it shouldn't be this way. But unfortunately with him, this is sort of the this is sort of the way you know that it is. He's got another pay, pay and play thing. He's got that five million dollars. If you want to come in and get your goals, your gold card to beat all of the uh all of the immigration stuff, yeah, if you want to. So it's all he's you know, he had that that dinner. One point seven million people are getting things he is. Literally they were joking about it on the view, but it's the truth. He has a for sale sign like a yard sale going at the White House and if you can pay for it, and it's going into his pocket. And some people are very outraged that he is making billions of dollars and everybody's making millions or billions, it's legal. So this is where we have to find good people make it not legal. It should not be okay. We also need to find with our three three branches of government, somebody who's going to have the balls to actually stand up and when somebody doesn't do something that they're not supposed to, like that Garcia that's still down in nol Salvatore that he was supposed to a month ago facilitate the transfer back. Now he might come back, he might be vetted or not vetted, and he might legally be deported from the country. But he's still down there. And I don't hear anybody talking about it. How the Scotus is going to make make it happen after they told him what to do. But pay attention people.
Speaker 1: Well, Bobby, all that you said is absolutely true, but that is what he's doing. He's throwing so much stuffs at one time, and we're trying to do this or doe that. So whatever it looks like it's the biggest coming. We don't see the fan print that's coming. That's even worse. And I think that he is getting pushed back from one of his beloved appointed Supreme Court Justices, Amy Coney Barrett, because she seems to be really standing up for what she believes is right for the American people. What she believes this right, Well, that too the Constitution.
Speaker 2: She is a constantitutional scholar. We have to remember that that's her whole job, her whole life after school has been upholding the Constitution. So when she reads it and she is one of the first people saying we cannot take that plane because it says right in the Constitution. So that's great, Amy, but you're going to talk to your other people there or side with the Democrats. How do we make him not do what he just got through telling it? When you tell him to do something, he has to do it. So like, how do you it's like Congress not listening, or he look at all the stuff he pulls on Congress. He's cutting this, cutting that. As far as finances, Congress holds the purse strings. He doesn't have the right to hold the purse strings. Congress, step up. That's why we need to do these midterm elections.
Speaker 1: Pose But he holds the fear factor. And you just see seventeen You said seventeen months, Bobby, seventeen months did not sound like a long time, but under his regime, it sounds like a lifetime right now, because look what he has done in five months.
Speaker 2: But you know, it's like a blink. It's in some ways it seems like forever the five months, and in other ways it's a blink of an eye the seventeen months. I guarantee it, you guys. It's it's like when your babies are little, right, feels like forever, and then all of a sudden you look and you go, oh, my god, with this big hairy beast is my kid. I iconomy because it goes by in a blink. The days are long, but the timeframe is little, and we've got to get on it. But don't please, don't be I'm my only message is don't get outraged over the bullshit. Get outraged on the big things like we were just talking about that that you should be.
Speaker 1: I don't agree. I don't agree with you. I don't agree with the analogy of my kid getting old. I don't man my kid getting older. What I do not like is that this president is getting richer while the rest of the American people, self included, are getting horrors under his bullshit and they just get on and on. And I'm telling you, I'm looking at these farmers who voted against their own interests and are losing their farms, and they're losing all their workers. That's why their farms because they voted for Trump, who was clear about deporting illegal immigrants and a lot of these farmers had illegal immigrants running their damn farms, and you paid you you voted against losing your own. This has been your family for sixty seventy years, eighty years, nine, three or four, five generations.
Speaker 2: I've been here in this country and now you're going.
Speaker 1: It's going because your racism was expensive. It was fucking expensive.
Speaker 2: It really is. You know, it's funny. The farmers right now have a farmer loan forgiveness problem. They say that Biden made paying back any of the loans that they were getting the farmers for people of color. He negated that and took it away to some whistleblower and for the white white farmers have to pay it back. And it makes me, it makes me wonder because remember at the top of the show we talked about anything that's got to be do with Biden. He's trying to erase. Do you think there's really a whistleblower or do you think it's somebody within the government. Now, look at me, I'm never a conspiracy person. You know that that's actually trying to keep Biden's name in a negative, trying to bring it up. We don't want the DEI stuff we're trying to be negative with anything like that and trying to pit the white farmers against the farmers of color. And that's just like comedy. It's a tiny little community. They all need each other and they have to rely on each other. And I just wander, I said, who's really complaining about that? I just.
Speaker 1: Well, how important are the farmers to us? We we we rely on so much from American farmers, and absolutely, and I wish they would have taken the time to look at this long term or look at the big pictures. People say, stop looking at what at the right now and look at what's going to happen down the land, because down the lane, ultimately it hurt them more than it's going to hurt us. It's sad, and I'm telling you, I don't want to see these people lose their farm. But to note that you voted just because you're you are racist, because that's what you voted for. He never he never spoke your language. He might have told him a liar too, that he was going to bail them out if he was going to do that, but he faulted on that and they should have known off his track record that he was lying. But they didn't because he was like, do you want the black president or you want the white one? And it was so much in your face racism with him that they could relate to, not all of them, but the ones that are that they voted against their own ship. And I'm telling you right now, good.
Speaker 2: For you, and I don't it's because I'm a woman. I don't think it was just racism, though. I think I think sexism had a huge part to play as well. They tried to pick her a week. You know she's not going to be and trust me, she's got bigger balls than he does. She, as Biden has always said, they have been very loyal to each other. She was absolutely more than qualified and totally better qualified than him. Is it that time? No, Ill, okay, sorry, Bobby.
Speaker 1: Bobby says she had to go pee, y'all, it's not that time. Hold your bladder, Bobby, cliffand hold your bladder.
Speaker 2: I'm squeezing. I'm squeezed. Oh go ahead.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about the fact that I watched Intercession today. I think it was about Gaza, how the children in Gaza starving, and so they had a speaker. I don't know if he was a president or just a speaker. He was some official over from that country, and he broke down in tears just talking about how these children are starving and dying and they're constantly bombing and it is. It was heartbreaking. And I'm telling you all right now, while we want to keep hollering, we don't see somebody cause the color of their skin. And when it's somebody with their kid, or effects of a child, or it is a woman or something even an innocent man, we feel that everybody feels that the baby is coming through the It emotes through the television screen and you feel the pain and hurt. That ain't got nothing to do with color. That is called humanity. I'm telling you right now. The one y'all voted for has no human I think he's AI. I don't even believe he's real, Bobby, I don't. It is like he does not care about nothing but money.
Speaker 2: He doesn't and what you can get and Yahoo. I think in ten years we're going to see net Yahoo. He'll probably be gone by that, but he'll be up for war crimes because he is absolutely starving these people. I was watching Cindy McCain, the John McCain, the son of the John mccains from Arizona's wife. She has been involved in feeding the world forever. That's been her passion. And she was on and she looked a little rough. She's she's looking exhausted. They're having a terrible time. The organization that she works with has been sending food into Gaza and the people themselves because they are so desperate. I mean, she was showing pictures. They have babies that are in the hospital and there is supposed to be almost a year old. They don't look like they're more than three months. And there's they're skin and bones. They they look like a skeleton with skin on it. It's awful, she said. The the citizens themselves are starting to rob the trucks because they're so afraid that the money isn't going to I mean, the food is not going to get to in. The resources aren't going to get to their people. They're they're they're holding up the trucks in the beginning.
Speaker 1: She said.
Speaker 2: They are working on different ways to try to get it into people, she said, but they're just beyond desperate. There is no money, there is there's there are no resources going in. Supposedly there is some sort of uh ceasefire that's supposed to be happening. If hamask and a gray Israel says, they'll they'll send something. I don't understand this when you've got women, children, anybody, and.
Speaker 1: As a parent by because your parentos was just like I am. Could you imagine watching your baby in front of your eyes just waste the waist start it is, it is preponderance, it is, it is heartbreaking, it is detrimental to That's why I always have seen war is stupid. That's why we're gonna talk about wars over here. But when speaking of stupid, uh, Eli Musk has stepped away from dose after he did after he didn't robbed them blind, because he stopped anybody that was coming after him. He put he put all kinds of sanctions on so many different companies that knew he was on some bs, but his nobody liked what he was presenting. So his businesses have taken a major hit.
Speaker 2: And he gets million. Yeah, I suppose he only had one hundred and thirty days billion. I'm sorry, you're exactly right playing. I apologize. He's supposedly had one hundred and thirty Now I don't know if he could be re opt but he has decided at this point to step away. There is a CBS interview that's going to be coming out, if it hasn't already, that they kind of promoted on the Sunday shows over the weekend, and he is not happy and was very disappointed with Trump over the BBB. Again not to be confused with the BBL. He said, the big beautiful bill is not so big and beautiful. It is adding trillions to the deficit. And the whole point was not to it was to cut.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you, Bobby, I am. I was elated to see that he stepped away, even though I knew all the BSD because he created he thought he was making money. But I think he kind of boomerang and backfired on him because the way he was presenting himself and the way he let his son just I think as much as people don't care for Trump, I think that that Eli must allow his young son to hang on the and the boogers. I think that the American people were outraged behind that, because even with Trump being who he is, there is the level of respect that comes with being the leader of the free world. And I think that Elon must allowed his son to show disrespect to Trump, and I think that that turned on him. I believe people turned on him for that, Bobby from what I've seen and where I've read, But I bet he stepped down. Now here go to killing part. They say it was an amicable split. I'm waiting for Elion Musk to give upset because he gives me very petty patty and he gonna tell everything.
Speaker 2: Well he is the fact that he's already come out with the BBB and said that he wasn't pleased with it at all. It's not It doesn't have what they had spoken about and what they were trying to do and what Dose was trying to do doose was trying to cut money? This well, well it's so it passed the House, which we reported on last week, but it's sitting in the Senate and ran Paul. There's a whole host of them that are saying, this isn't the this isn't what we want is remember the GOP, they're the fiscally responsible ones. This is not fiscally responsible. This is going to add trillions of dollars in debt over the next ten years. There's no gain here. And I was shocked to hear one of them say it's going to cut from and it not be a Democrat from the most marginalized. It's cutting down on SNAP and it's cutting down on Medicaid. Well, the amount of money that we're actually going to gain, it's only in the low low millions. I think it's like seven million. And I know that sounds crazy people, but they're trying to get to you know, a two hundred and eighty trillion. It's a drop in the bucket. It's not going to be enough. Too many people are going to lose their health insurance. And what we have to remember, the way that health insurance goes is they are still going to show up in the emergency room where the cost of medicine is probably three to five times what it would be in an urgent care center, are in a PCP office. And who's left on the hook for those bells? The American public with the tax dollars to pay help to pay that or to cut that out for the hospitals. It's no good. That's why we have we have insurance. It's much cheaper to ensure them than to cut their care.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and sadly, Bobby, what they really are not paying attention to is desperate times calls for desperate measures. You cut these people medical, you cut these people food steps, especially the EBT, they snap their link. These people they're still Everything is gonna go up, and they're gonna be locking up everything. You already can't go in certain Walmarts or certain Walgreens or right Eggs. They got everything locked up. They're going to be locking up the food, Bobby, because everybody's going to go to steal it, because you're going to have to feed your family. You're going to want to feed your yourself and your family. I don't think they're thinking about that because they really don't care. It is so scary how they're putting this because I don't think that they're thinking about that, Bobby, because again, they.
Speaker 2: Don't live it. You're playing. They don't live it. That's why there are means. They come from more inte not all of them. A lot of people that are in Congress came from meager means. But for the people who don't, who came for money, they don't get it. They don't get the desperation. You know, these people, you can't have dependence. But I think of myself with my sister Terry, so my mom contclaimed her as a dependent, but my mother is legally responsible to take care of her. My mother would I don't know what she would do, because my mother's not a thief. She's like she'd be like look with their eyes would be big and she'd have her tongue in her cheek. But she's not going to let my sister go go starve either. She's going to figure it out. And that's what when you've got special needs people that don't count as your dependence, you're going to do something. Or elderly you know, so you've got your elderly mother. They make people who who didn't do well. I don't have a pension. I'm going to be living on SSI, so you're only going to have a few thousand, you know. And if you have to pay for rent and this and that, it doesn't go go far. And god forbid you're on some sort of prescription. Your money doesn't go far. And people aren't going to go without eating, They're just not going to It's not the best way to go.
Speaker 1: Again, desperate times calls for desperate message. You saying what your mother want to do, but she's not gonna see her daughter hungry. You will do what you have to do to make care of your family. That is just the nature of the beast. That is just how we work. Animals work that way, and so do we. Okay, we want to recognize the death of a former representative, Charlie Rangel. He died at ninety four years old. Bobby. He was a former New York lawmaker whose trip raising career saw the high school dropout represent Harlem for four decades in Congress. He died on Monday. He was ninety four. What else you're going to tell us about him, Bobby?
Speaker 2: See, No, that's it. I mean, he just he served for twenty three terms. I think that's what I can kind of remember him for. And he was really a good constituent for the people. I think the biggest the biggest thing that I can remember is I think I don't know if it was ways and means. He sat on some committees, Okay, so what he was the first black, black YEP to be on it, which was great because it's a very influential. Shame on me that I didn't remember off the top of my head. It's a very influential group, you know. It helps to run the country. So the fact that he was able to do that is with as a high school dropout, it's pretty pretty damn impressive.
Speaker 1: Might I just say, Bobby, you have turned quite Afro American. I'm not gonna say African American, but you're very Afro American. You would hang it out with me and Aaron just a little too long. We ain't got Bobby from white to beige. We're working on a little dark. I'm gonna get I'm gonna get a tawny in a minute.
Speaker 2: Oh gets too funny.
Speaker 1: I love that he's recognized, and I'm telling you, Bobby, we have and I don't want them to erase his history like they're trying to erase so many different black people history from America. Black folks haven't been great contributors to this great United States. And these United States are great, and they were jan Trump and made it great. It was it was. It's if you look at how some other people live in other countries and where they live and the day to day struggles that they have, they look like they try to put us in it. We really do have a great country to where we can eat and to where we can thrive. Into where we can drive freely and move. Unfortunately we have. Nothing is perfect, But unfortunately you guys have voted for somebody who was really trying to put us back in the Stone ages. But I do believe that America is gonna get tired of the bullshit and Congress and Senate and enough of these Republicans gonna stand up and be like, no, enough is enough, and they're gonna overturn this. Are they They're going to do something to stop this. They're gonna have that. I think so too.
Speaker 2: I think because I think our safety is coming in. So, you know, Trump had lost a week ago Monday, had his big talk with Putin and it didn't go put And got up and left, and he had one of the biggest bombings that that took place like right after it. So and and that's when Trump called him. He doesn't know what wrong. They were friends before. I don't understand, but he thinks he's gone crazy. And Congress is finally saying we need sanctions. You know, at this point there's no more. He threatened sanctions, but will he do it. Congress is now saying they're going to have like it really is crazy. It's like five hundred percent or something. They want to have sanctions on any of the exports from from uh Russia. But that's what's going to have to happen, you know, So we're going to have to drink local vodka. It's not going to be it might be Gordon's instead of Sveka.
Speaker 1: But is this the same president? Is this the same president that when he was a candidate promised that on day one or even before they won. Yeah, he could stop this, he could stop this war, he could put it into it. Honestly, no inhabiting.
Speaker 2: He's actually having to listen to. I know he hates hates to think of Biden, but this is all what Biden was saying. The prices, prices aren't going to snap back like a blue It takes. It's over time, and once people have raised their prices, unless we as consumers say no, I'm not with my pocketbook and we stop buying and stop contributing, they're not going to lower their their prices, you know, unless you have something like a recession, and god forbid, there's any there's any type of recession. You know what I saw this week, I don't know if you saw it. I don't I don't know what what it was that that Laura Lauren Bobert, who I think is just dumb as a stump in some ways. She was in some sort of meeting and she thought she was going to be. Oliver Stone, the filmmaker, was there with his attorney. I think they're trying to get more documents released over the JFK stuff, Like they're trying to get like some of these conspiracy things that he promised he was going to release on day one released. And she starts, she decides she's going to start to go at him. She said, aren't you the same person who wrote a book accusing L. B. J of of killing President Kennedy? And so Oliver Stone turns to the attorney and he whispers something in his ear. The treaty comes back. He says, ma'am, I think you're you're confusing him with Roger Stone, the policy and the book writer. He said, this is Oliver Stone who wrote the He wrote, uh did all the movies? And oh, she said, but she did. She she must have known what a ship had she was. She's like, oh, yes, maybe I am getting a little confused.
Speaker 1: Shut up.
Speaker 2: Before he gets into the into the committee meeting.
Speaker 1: Those right there. Those are the perfect words for the entire administration. Oh maybe I am a little confused.
Speaker 2: I would have died if I was her. They had to they had to, honest to God, they had to say, oh I got I guess they got it wrong. We have had a tough time here in Massachusetts because Trump is mad at us, right, we're not doing so. He's mad at Harvard because they're not doing the DEI for the hiring and the bringing people in. He is taking their money away. Any of their grants he's already taken I think it's a one hundred million dollars is taken away from them with grants, and the grants are for science and engineering. So it's stupid. It's only fighting us all in the ass, you know.
Speaker 1: And this week.
Speaker 2: Bartha's Vineyard in Nantucket, very wealthy areas. I've had a huge ice in. DEA and FBI were all there rounding up all of these illegal aliens. And usually when you're over there, it's not so illegal. You have to have visas because these are super wealthy. They're kind of running things behind the show. They took forty people. They said that one of them is a sex offender. I don't know anything about that. Supposedly, I don't recognize that. My sister called and said no, they said he actually was. And the girl that he abused is furious because they're going to deport him and now she's not going to get her day in court with them. And the other one was supposed to be a gang member. They could not vet that, and the bulk of the Mamorth had their papers in place, but they're they're bringing them to vet them somewhere.
Speaker 1: And I thought that, and I'm about to say, they don't make a difference aout me because the way he has laid it out for them, that's right. I'm pretty much just snatching innocent people up off the street and deporting them without due process to other countries, to being put in of what kind of prison or what kind of hell hole because you don't know what those people with no communication, they cut off everything with your family and everybody that is that is barbaric.
Speaker 2: Well, let me tell you the people, the white privileged people of the Islands, that's what we call them here. So I go to Cape Cod, I'm not I'm not quite off of the Islands. I don't have the I don't have the door. They made it be in the islands they are on having They weren't having it. They were out challenging Ice, challenging the FBI. What are you doing here? Why is your face covered with the black bandana? I want to see your identification. You're supposed to legally, you have to have your badge out. I want to see your badge number. Who are you going after? He's not bothering anybody because their whole island's about to shut down. I will say, I think Trump he fucked around this time, and he's going to find out. When you've got the wealthiest and the most connected people in the country and you just screw with their summer, it's going to be quite interesting because the whole island will shut down. We are desperate. Way back when when my parents bought it in the nineties, their house down the Cape, it used to be the Irish that used to come. We depended on the students from Europe and wherever to come over and run the B and b's and do whatever. And so now he's screwing with the wrong group of people. Quite interesting.
Speaker 1: They believe that their philosophy and there he is is we run all the immigrants off, and we stop all the welfare and the Medicare and the food stamp zone. People will work just to feed their family and they will work for whatever we decide we want to give them. American citizens are way too spoiled for that period. You spoil for that, and we're not going to do it. That ship will sink and we will sink with it before we are going to allow you to have us work in slave labor wages and doing and that's black, white, or anybody. If this is American Americans period, no matter what nationality, are way too spoiled to do that shit. We're not going to do it.
Speaker 2: And arrogant, go to your dunkin Donuts. If that doesn't tell you, ding ding ding. So you used to have tips which he took away, the paying taxes on tips, and I gotta be honest, I don't know how that's going to work. Point, if you have somebody that's a professional waiter or waitress or bartender, or you live on your tips, you get a much lower I think it's four dollars in something salary because you live on your tips. If you're not paying taxes on your tips, when it comes time for retirement. What are you going to get for SSI? You haven't paid into anything, so I don't know how that's gonna work. But anyway, I'm digressing. So go to dunkin Donuts. These kids are making minimum wage or a dollar or two above minimum wage, and they have a cup out for a tip. Well a tip in my day, No, I sound really old. It used to be because the person brought you your beverage or your drink or your dinner. They came back and they asked you what you wanted to have. You know, if you do you want another drink? Could they get you anything else? And then they cleaned your table. They're being paid to make your drink, serve you your drink. That's what they're paying. What am I tipping you for? Like these kids, they don't want to go out. And I've been watching it since my son was young, and my son's in his thirties. We have the local food chains, and it used to be all the young fourteen and fifteen. They get their little working papers and they go out and they'd collect the carts and they'd be making a little something with minimum wage, but they were making something. They're the old people. Literally, I got an eighty year old man hanging on the carts because that's the only way he's standing, pushing pushing the carts in. They don't want those jobs. So it looks like when he's talking about manufacturing AI, any of the tech jobs, yes, bring those over. We don't want the shoemaking jobs. I don't want American shoes because I don't have anybody. I'll have to pay ninety two hundred dollars for a pair of shoes because nobody wants to work for the dollar that the countries that don't mind exploiting their people are making, like bring it, do it correctly. There's no process or plan.
Speaker 1: It seems like no, it is, it is. We're going to have it and you are not going to have it. But what they don't realize is that if we don't have it, we know where where to get it at and we're going to come and get it in droves. You may have all this machinery and wooh wooh, but listen, those people are gonna come and realize suit because I know he has this jurisdiction over the military to what In a Project twenty twenty five, they said that the military can be used against the American people in the time of peaceful protesting. But I don't think that the protesting is going to be peaceful. If people are starving, and people are destitute and homeless and need medical attention and watching their family and their loved ones, I don't think people are going to become I think they're going to be I rate they're going to be uncivilized. They're going to do it insurrection, and I bet you they won't get part.
Speaker 2: They probably won't. I watched him five minutes. That's all I could do. I watched President Trump give the commencement speech speech at the West Point graduation. Now let's do the timeline. You and I've already talked about this. These kids were in for four years, so think about who was president four years ago. He goes in and he's talking about some wealthy friend who's kind of small. But I don't like to say he's small because that makes him feel bad. But he can still hit a ball. He doesn't hit his b as far as me, but you wouldn't think he was small. And I'm thinking if job this was Joe Biden, they would have thrown a net over him already and then he starts talking about his achievements and how he's so great, and then he says, and you know what, he goes, the military is were stunned to me, like they all signed up since January four years ago. What kind of idiot would have ever signed up under Biden? The graduating class you're looking at ass hat they all signed up four years ago under Biden? And how the military is much better under him. There has been a gradual rise. We already spoke you and I have spoken about this. I think it was an eight point nine percent rise over the past ten years in military signing up. So it's not under him as well, it's not eighteen point nine under him, it's the same eight point nine and that's only in the months that have happened. But I thought talk about a way not to know how to read a room like nobody does his speech, or could speak to him and kind of say, now you know, sir, these people all signed up next next year's will be two in the next year and the next year.
Speaker 1: I would love to know the demographic of the eight point nine that signed up under him, because my conspiracy, my conspiracy mind, mine, my conspiracy mind, not bobbies. I bet you they are uh others not black, that want to be in the military so they can have the right, the power, the badge, and the freedom to shoot to kill that wheel. That's just my conspiracy.
Speaker 2: It could be, but there's a lot of I think it could be a lot of kids coming from the Appalachian Mountains. Keep the people who aren't coming from means where where education is is uh not affording to them on their own. Yeah, it's a way to have people. People on you. The the any of the civil service jobs are the same. People appreciate you get a little bit of respect. I don't know if it's it's the stuff that you're saying. I still think that God bless these kids. The only reason I have my freedom is because they're willing to stand on the line when I'm not. When I'm asleep in my bed, you know, in my flanal sheets, when it's sub zero and they're out, they're out protecting me. So I'm hoping that it's a little bit better. But when he's cutting although that hundred million from Harvard, I thought to myself about putting that into the trades. Mister Trump. You know, we're desperate for every five plumbers, electricians, whatever. How about making the trade schools free to kind of fill that up. We're only getting two people back, which you know, to have a leaky toilet, and see how that's going to go in ten years, we're all going to be desperate. Those are great, honorable jobs themselves, and they're making more money than the kids coming out of college. They can write their own ticket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they got rid of so many trade schools. Bobby, I graduated when I graduated from high school, my high school is a trade school. I took me jane shop, I took wood shop, I took all kinds of stuff like that. I did nothing I was. It was, it was required, it was it was just part of the curriculum.
Speaker 2: Well some girls. I so we used to have something called Shawshin text. So that was that was the trade school near me. But there were beauty people. You know, people could come out and they could only have to do so many hours. They would have done their schooling, but they'd have to just do their hours under somebody LPN. They could come out as a practical nurse, not a registered nurse, but it would still get you went to a nursing home and working, you know, So I didn't know if there was anything. My ex husband was some sort of mechanic, I large engine mechanic. So I didn't know if you had anything that you thought would be interesting.
Speaker 1: It was at the time, it was just required and they it was part of this part of the curriculum. And I'm telling you, looking on and I'm like, why am I doing this? I'm never going to have to do this. But at least I had the opportunities to say hey. Because one guy became from school, graduated I think a year before me. He went on after doing wood shop to be a professional sculptor and he would make beautiful wood beautiful Yeah. And I'm telling you because but they took all that way, just like they were taking the music programs away. Remember I was a musician. I was in the band. But they were now they taking the music programs away.
Speaker 2: That's through me. So when you said that, I mean I think, no. They used to do and you're my day. They used to call it home mac. I don't know what they call it now. Something else they're not doing.
Speaker 1: Is they call it can't cook because none of these young have us cook and just say okay, come on, Bobby.
Speaker 2: I think I think we should be putting a financial piece to that. I think everybody should have to do it again. It used to be sewing and then cooking, but I still think cooking. I think any of the services that you would need, any of the skill that you would need to be able to live on your own. So you just said it. You should be able to cook, even cleaning. You know, don't mix these chemicals, like maybe it's only a day course, but telling you different ways to that you should be clean, so you're not taking the same germs and spreading them. The most important is financial. Somebody should be explaining what different interest rates are, different ways, different types of money that you put your money, even if it's tiny two dollars a week, but put it into an X fund and that will go by the time. If you're doing it in your teens and you don't and you only do it until you're thirty and you never put another nickel, one of those moneys will be millions of dollars by the time because it's the compound interest. Teach them about the interests. Teach them how to balance a check book, and that you have to put a little something away and you can't spend every dollar. You have to incase because there are times like me unemployed and you need to have a little savings put aside. I think that'say. We can teach it, but to have it backed up by a professional, like to have some sort of some sort of finance person as a teacher, which there are plenty of them, I think that will be great. And the trades, we have to be pushing the trades. It's terrific work. Some people are just great with their hands.
Speaker 1: I agree with you, Bobby, I definitely believe. I wish they would have taught me money management and business and in business in school, because I did learn how to handle money for real and for real time until I was maybe forty five. Oh yeah that was yesterday. And wait a minute, and that was.
Speaker 2: But that's what it is, the truth, and I'll be honest. I knew it, but I never did anything because I never had money. So I got a little bit of money through a divorce and I put it into my home, which was stupid, and I had just a little bit that I had put in the bag, and then I got laid off. It was the recession when I got laid off, So I kind of went through everythings, but that was the first time I was doing everything for about two years correctly, and I was blessed that I was able to have a little bit of money that was still that that was left for me because I was unemployed for God, please not this time four years, because it got harder and harder and harder. And then what happens is when you don't have a job, people start to say, what's wrong with her? She doesn't have a job, or he doesn't have a job. And it was tireder to get a job. So when I ended up getting a job, it was on the other side of the state. It was there were days with snow it would be three hour ride to back and forth. I was making less than half of the salary, but it was a way to get back into the market. So that's what you have to do too, and even teach lessons like that, it might not work out great and the money might not be perfect because you always say it, See I don't have my son's that much older than yours when you talk about the money is so easy for kids today with TikTok, and see, I missed that window, so I don't get it but that bubble could bounce a burst. Look at TikTok could still end up going away. You know, if he's Maddi's revoking all the Chinese kids visas who were coming to schools. Let's see what type of help he gets from China with this tariffs and everything else.
Speaker 1: I'm praying to God, Bobby that World War three. They keep trying to slide the word around here and then they're throwing it around. But that's what a god. I hope we are going to a war. I do not want to go into a war, especially if China and Russia combined forces against America. Right, I don't care how many powerful weapons we have. Yes, we're in trouble, and people will be out here crazy and.
Speaker 2: Then he'll get he'll eat, will be speaking Chinese again.
Speaker 1: That'sperate times, calls for desperate measures, and people will get desperate, and your own people will You won't know who to trust because people will be so out of sorts and trying to trying to eat or have someplace safe to lay their heads or what have you. You just don't ever know. And they're not thinking that that they're greed is just oh my god, what is enough Oh my god, what it's never going to be enough.
Speaker 2: You're exactly right.
Speaker 1: You know when we use kids, they used to play if you could wish for anything, what you wish for it. I would wish for all the money in the world. Why when you were a kid. That sounds a cute, but these are not children. These are fucking sixty seven year old people. What what would all the money in the world do for you? You're gonna be You're still gonna be a miserable person and hate it because you're not sharing with the people who put you in office. That's the bad part. Y'all voted for him, and he tells you he give y'all his orange booty to kiss. Yuck. Orange booty yuck. I'm gonna tell you what's happen. They're gonna put an orange jumpsuit. They're gonna put an orange jumpsuit on him, and you ain't gonna even realize that it's him because he orange, the jumpsuit orange. It's gonna be the same flavor. Listen here, This was episode what Fobby Yes lay Man's producer Aaron Bobby Clifford. We got two more episodes and we would be going on to season five. I just want to thank you guys for the support. We still ask you to please share, tell your friends, bring, bring a friend, but have popcorn and wine. Listen to me a Bobby talker, I smack, y'all see him get by Bobby's I'm turning it into an Irish woman and Bobby is turning into a black man. I'm just letting you but we could not go any further if you, guys was not supporting us. So we appreciate that. And we were wondering what we were going to get season five or not. We was on the skin of our teeth. But because you guys, do follow, do listen, do share, listen. We got season five. We got two more episodes before we get over there, and we appreciate you for helping us push this rock over this heel. Bobby Clifford, where can they follow you at?
Speaker 2: They can follow me at Laugh and Learn podcast on Instagram or Clifford Bobby. They can find me Bobby Clifford on Facebook and on TikTok. How about you?
Speaker 1: You can follow me everywhere except to the bathroom. No look, you can follow me on Instagram at Monroe Flame and I'm Flame Monroe everywhere else. Understand that my tour schedule is up on my social media pages. I will be in June the twenty second. I will be in New York at Comedy in Harlem. Get your tickets at the website. June twenty seventh, I will be at the Win Theater with Tiffany Hattis in Vegas. July fifth, I will be in Washington, d C. At the DC Comedy Lafe. And July eleventh and twelfth, I will be in Detroit at one my Comedy Club, and I will be doing the Breakfast Club next month. It's going to be quite interesting because there's some shit going on right now. We're not gonna talk about it on here because it's unimportant to me on here.
Speaker 2: Did you miss something? Did you missus ryl Underwood engagement.
Speaker 1: That you have. I'm doing the bet Experience, but those tickets are already sold out, so I advertised because you can't get your tickets now. And we are having a season five of laughing larn ladies and gentlemen. I think that's the biggest boohoo hoo hoo hoo. My daughter's going to prom Serta and she graduated the next nuch I'll pray for me because prom Villa is real. Listen here at laugh a Larn, the model has not changed even in season five. It won't change because we don't want to change you. Here at laugh a Larn, we are not trying to get you to change you man. We are only trying to get you to use your man because why Bobby.
Speaker 2: Is a mine and your vote are a terrible thing.
Speaker 1: Twice and in seventeen months, please don't waste your vote, because damny, we can't do this in another three years. We cannot.
Speaker 2: We need to get the ninety million up and off their asses.
Speaker 1: Don't worry he will because I bet you a bunch of them ninety millions on medical or welfare Medica and food stamps, and they're gonna be they gonna rise up to be like, oh no, we got to get our shit back. So, ladies and gentlemen, it's up to you to understand what we're gonna do with our America, because this is our America. This is not Trump's America. This is our America. What we're gonna do, We're gonna take this ship land down, or we're gonna stand up and be me and women or whatever, you identify as you know. I'm heshi We. I'll be the first one standing in the heishi Wei line. Ladies, never have a great week. We will see you next week. Episode fifty one coming up, Deucess. Don't miss an episode of Laugh and Learn. Listen and subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast Network, alright, our radio app, or wherever you get your podcasts. Laugh and Learn Podcast is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio. Our ejective producer is Tiffany Hattish. Our theme music is by the one and only Chrissy Payne. Thank you guys, this is flaming Road. Don't forget to laugh, Listen and learn.