Speaker 1: With Robinhood, not only can you trade individual stocks and ETFs, you can also seamlessly buy and sell crypto at low costs, trade all in one place. Get started now on robin Hood.
Speaker 2: Trading crypto involve significant risk. Crypto trading is offered through an account with the Robinhood Crypto LC. Robin Hunt Crypto is licensed to engage in virtual currency business activity by the New York State Department of Financial Services. Crypto helth thro robin Hood Cryptos not FDIC insured or SIPC protected. Investing involves risk, including loss of principal securities. Trading is offered through an account with robin Hood Financial LLC member SIPC, a registered broker dealer.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Man, so obviously you know, like we said, do your own research. And so I was in the lab this morning and right before I actually called Ian and he ain't pick up. But I'm like, ooh, I'm looking at my charts, going over my calls because I'm reevaluating my portfolio and low and behold, I see January nineteenth, twenty twenty four. I was actually looking at SMH, looking at for the future of SMH, and so I'm like, oh, SMH is January twenty twenty four. Let me check the that's to my table. Oh ac'ts okay, January twenty twenty four. Oh wait wait, let me check Apple. And so long story short, option chains have extended to obviously January nineteen, twenty twenty four. And so right now, I was in the lab all day, redesigning the portfolio to say, all right, we can go with a longer term play here, we can go with a longer term situation here, and I put the back call out. I put it in the group chat. It was like the first person to respond Wall Street trapper. He said, yes, brother, But he also said that something very important, and we mentioned it at the beginning of September, that quadruple witching happens in September. And so for everybody that is interested in getting option calls at this point, I would definitely and this is just recommended.
Speaker 3: You don't have to do it, but I would wait after witching.
Speaker 5: Tell them about the chain. What is the option chain? Anybody that might be watching Monday that doesn't know about options too much, what is the option So.
Speaker 4: The option chain is really the expiration day, right, and so each each stock has an expiration date and like, so this week, what's what's Friday September. I think I have an option that's expiring September eighteenth, September seventeenth, seventeenth, there will be contracts and the option even in the futures market, that will be expiring. And so when you see contracts aspiring, usually that means obviously when some expired, there will be new ones created. And so usually around which and you'll see new ones created or options extended. And so when I say new ones created, I want to be very clear, twenty twenty four is an extension, right, that's a new year. When I say new ones created, I mean so like if we're in September twenty twenty one, you may see new ones created like February twenty two, or you might see March twenty two. So they've extended, but not a new year. And so this week and I think some of them, I believe September third, we started seeing some of them, some of them open today, and so that's good. And there's a few reasons why I think it's a good thing. It's because when the option call opens, you can see its initial price. You can see where it was valued at. Two things whyle that matters, right, two reasons. You can see if you're gonna buy it undervalue. Right, So if that option price opened at twenty five or two dollars and you buy it at seventy nine cents, you can see that there's been a drop in this option call.
Speaker 3: This might be a good place to get in, right.
Speaker 4: If you're looking at the asking a bid, or if you're getting it it opened at two dollars and now it's at five to seventy, Right, Obviously this has run up a little bit. This might not be the best place for you to get in. And so these are some of the things that I'm looking at when I'm looking at option calls. And then like in two days, I'm going to get a call from a shop bellow and he's gonna tell he go, say, what's the move?
Speaker 3: What we're doing?
Speaker 4: But yeah, so with the call is out, And so if you're interested, if you trade options, twenty twenty fours are out. What's quad So it's when contracts expire. And so like I said in a few.
Speaker 6: You're funny, that's fun.
Speaker 4: So the third the third month, and the third week of the third month of each quarter usually contracts expire, and so that's happening this week, Like I said, Seceember seventeenth, September eighteenth, seven seventeen, since the eighteenth is on a Saturday, those contracts will aspire and new ones will be created.
Speaker 3: And so that.
Speaker 4: Means that people are selling out of their positions, right, they're saying, Okay, either we're taking profit and we're moving on, or we're taking profit and we're extending into later positions.
Speaker 3: And so that's happening this week.
Speaker 4: And so when I text that travels like yo, we're gonna wait to after which and so that would be next week. And that strategy has worked for us in the past. I'm saying us because we have a similar trading portfolio.
Speaker 7: So for those of you who want to overtrade once again, I want to ask how many trades have you guys done this year?
Speaker 3: Right? Us us personally? Yep, not a lot. Yeah, this year has been.
Speaker 6: Less than ten Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah I did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll talk about that in investment in our group chat. But yeah, not many. Like I said, I probably did like six five, like five five, I'm probably like ten.
Speaker 7: Your money long term other ten percent of trading you guys should do less than ten trades a year.
Speaker 6: If you was that invest us, you know the formula. Don't come on here.
Speaker 7: In eight weeks, I lost eighty eight thousand dollars fourteen trades.
Speaker 6: I'm laugh.
Speaker 3: Do you tell you to do that? We tell you to do that? Oh yes, Erness, what's up?
Speaker 4: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If your a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on.
Speaker 3: What matters most Ready.
Speaker 4: To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com, backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate, Let Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, But understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day.
Speaker 3: It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring.
Speaker 4: To save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 8: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use indeed stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With indeed sponsored jobs, Your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates. So you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need.
Speaker 3: I know for sure.
Speaker 4: In Apple, I'll just put the ones that are in my portfolio that I'm looking at Apple, Square, Disney, XLK XL y SMH.
Speaker 3: I added.
Speaker 4: And then we were on the phone, I talked about this. I'm like, I'm like, look, I'm thinking z Scaler. I had a position there. I spoke about it last week and CrowdStrike and we kind of had a little back and forth there about that, and so yeah, man, so that's where I'm at with it, And I just want to give everybody the heads up because I know sometimes it'll be like six weeks into according.
Speaker 3: You're like, wait the twenty twenty four calls. I'm like, nah, I.
Speaker 4: Told you today September thirteenth, when a lot of them opened and I saw the opening price, I got the sheet right there, had a hold new notepad.
Speaker 3: I actually took that strategy from Chap.
Speaker 4: Every time I see him walking and you talk to him about stocks, he's writing it down in a notebook. And so I started getting the notebook myself and writing it down. So I got my opening prices for somebody. So I know when I entered these positions where I'm entering the matt if I'm entering them at value. And so yeah, something that's a little tippit that maybe you can add to your arsenal as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there you have it all right, So yeah, Nat, you're back. Let's talk about these top three lessons learned from one of the Red PANDAM members that made forty two thousand dollars trading futures in the last thirty days.
Speaker 7: Man, I'll go back to what we were just talking about. It's a few trades. So today Nasak dropped really hard. Put us to my guy. I won't say your name because I want blowing you up like that. But everyone thinks that the secret to making a lot of money and trading is to trade more. It's actually less. Like last month I took eighteen trades one or eighteen, and I could argue probably even last month I probably overtraded. So Number one, I'll say here, only take ten good trades on the year. Number two, have a really really big target. So if you are going to trade, capital size up after you practice your three hundred trades, and your trades should make you a sizeable amount of money. If your trades are not making you between let's say five to fifteen thousand dollars per trade, your risk reward ratio is off when your target is too short. And number three the part that me and you trapp shot a bam Mike MG. Everybody who being in chat, you have to put the time in. Please put this in chat. If you want to get rich, you have to invest in your knowledge. I'm not selling you guys anything, but the number of people that I've met when I asked, hey, have you read twenty five books this year, They're like no. I'm like, if you knew how exhausted we were on a day to day basis. You know, Rasha, I got a migraine from being out in the sun. You probably put up twenty eight thousand jumpers while giving out T shirts. Right, I'm driving to drop Xander off when he's sick. Then come back and do the like I'm telling you for the one of to you who are going to listen, your ultimate edge is knowing that everyone you're competing against it as lazy as hell. Please read fifty pages a day complete turtle Traders, market wizards, unknown market Wizards, hedge fund market wizards, and dive through those pages and then everyone's going to have the same roller coaster. If you're excited when you first start, then you lose and you're like, I should quit?
Speaker 6: What my god did?
Speaker 7: He just kept pouring in and then you know he was hitting me at two o'clock, three o'clock in the morning, four o'clock in the morning with ideas, And that's when I know he was getting into his own because the knowledge is going to equip you to be able to make the kind of capital that you want.
Speaker 6: Because this really is a game of information. That's why I put so.
Speaker 7: Much time into reading and tell you guys to pour in so much because all the secrets are hidden in the book. But once you put them together like a gumbo pot, that's what your edge is going to be. So read more, you need your trades should produce five to fifteen thousand minimum per trade. No fot, you're not going to hit five hundred dollars a day. You're not going to do it. No business is that Like Apple does not clear a certain amount of dollars per day every day.
Speaker 6: They have peaks and valleys, right.
Speaker 7: And then also to the blast bonus tip I'll get is like you need to say the affirmation of how much money you want to make. Everything that we've all done on the show, we set it out verbally either to ourselves or each other out.
Speaker 6: On the show, and then push to make it happen.
Speaker 7: I see a lot of people talking about trading and say they want to be free, and I'm like, what kind of targets do you want to make it?
Speaker 6: They're like, man if I get two hundred dollars a day, I'll be cool. I'm like, no, you won't. No, you won't. So set a big target.
Speaker 7: Don't tell your family, don't tell your friends, keeping a side of you and tell yourself that you're capable and you're worthy of it, and you can make it happen.
Speaker 6: So I hope to help you guys, but please read more. I'm begging you.
Speaker 5: My graduates from my school being forced back.
Speaker 3: Drop drop, drop drop.
Speaker 8: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast?
Speaker 3: Easy?
Speaker 8: Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod k at z thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need