Speaker 1: It's kind of funny though, because it's happened twice in the early stages of the show, like it happened a few weeks ago, but it was like literally the first few minutes that we were getting started. Oh, here we go, now you can do your introduction.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 3: So this is a gentleman that I loved dearly and worked with him very early in my career, and I don't know what made me not have him on earlier. It is Gary Wolf Pitbull number Yes.
Speaker 2: Why.
Speaker 4: That's right, Anthony was two.
Speaker 2: The one Come on? How did you watch that off.
Speaker 4: The come Yeah, I don't know why I did that. Yeah, you're number one.
Speaker 3: You're well, you're number one with me. That's what I was gonna I was gonna say, you're number two, but you're number.
Speaker 4: One with me, and you messed up my whole thing. But anyway, you're right.
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 4: We're doing well over here.
Speaker 3: I was just saying, I don't know why I didn't have you on earlier, because this is our one year anniversary month. No, yeah, we've been doing this for a year now. I think the fourteenth is a year. I think it's the fourteenth, And I was sitting here and your name popped in my head out of nowhere, and I was like, oh, my gosh, why haven't I talked to Gary since Atlantic City.
Speaker 4: Because that's the last time I saw you when we were at that uh right.
Speaker 2: In North Carolina, which one was.
Speaker 4: Oh, did I see you there too?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh, brother, I was.
Speaker 3: I was throwing up and pooping at the same id.
Speaker 4: I have food poisoning and I was up all night, all.
Speaker 3: Night, and then I I was crying in the bathtub, and I was I was never the sick of my life, dude, never. And I was like, but I have to make I have to make it because I needed the money.
Speaker 2: You still did that Q and A and you were you were sick.
Speaker 4: I just sat there.
Speaker 3: I sat there with this blank face and I and I took the mic and I was like, before the sheets say that I am fed up or drunk, Well, let me just tell you I have food poisoning.
Speaker 4: And like, no one really asked me anything. But I sat next to New Jacket.
Speaker 3: I think I were you on my other side or something, but yeah.
Speaker 2: You actually sat in the middle of me and New Jackets.
Speaker 3: Yes, I did. And I just was like, and I had to leave. I had to get sick during it. Somebody had to walk me off the stage.
Speaker 4: It was. That was horrible. But I guess that's the last time. I yeah, that's the last time.
Speaker 1: A great memory.
Speaker 2: I got her so sick.
Speaker 3: Let's let's talk about now and then we can backtrack. What have you been up to since then? I mean, this quarantine has really turned everything upside down?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's crazy. I mean, not only trying to get unemployment, which is even harder than that. I've been doing a lot of podcasts lately, you know, and I had to start charging for that because of the fact, you know, we weren't working. I mean, I stopped working. I came back from New York March eighth, and after that following weekend and next weekend I was supposed to be in Ohio, and I was working all the way up to now, honestly, and everything got canceled every Yeah. So I'm just starting now to get booking. So if you're out there listening, I'll be in North Jersey on October tenth for Titan, and I'll be doing a steel cage match, which we will be all full of weapons, so it should be pretty good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, who are you working with Monster Mac.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, he's got a lot of excuse men in the business for a while, so I'm worry. We should have a really good time.
Speaker 3: Just make sure you give me some stuff and you'll be okay.
Speaker 4: Okay, And I see your shirts behind you. Look at him. He thinks this is a like a virtual signing over here. He's got.
Speaker 2: I got shirts you Well, you're.
Speaker 4: Are you on pro wrestling tease as well?
Speaker 2: No, I got to do that. Actually, Blue Meani had has keep telling me and keeps telling me his buddy wants to do it. I just got to get on air and get it.
Speaker 4: I had the number. If you need it, I can forward to you after.
Speaker 2: That'd be great. Thanks for you.
Speaker 4: I hook everybody up. I try.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So, so you're trying to stay busy. You know you're doing podcasts. We get it.
Speaker 4: Let's go back to the glory days, shall we.
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Wow, how did you get into business? And when did you meet Pipple number two? Anthony Duranti.
Speaker 2: All right, that's a funny story because me and Anthony were in school together. Hi, same freaking high school, same grade. Wow.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you knew him from school?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Were you friends in school.
Speaker 2: Uh, we were more like not friends. I would say, uh, associates like hello, goodbye. You know, we weren't that tight back then. He hung with his crowd. I hung with my crowd.
Speaker 4: And what was your crowd? What were you were? You were you the jock?
Speaker 2: I was a jock, but I didn't hang with the.
Speaker 4: Jocksh too cool for school.
Speaker 2: I got it, Okay, I didn't want to. The jocks were jerk off, so I didn't want to hang with them. You know, they acted like snobs and stuff, and they acted like tough guys. And you got to remember, I went to military school. I went to hard Grave Military Academy, Okay, for sixth, seventh, and eighth grade. So when I got out of eighth grade and went back in the ninth grade, I was a totally different person. Yeah, you know, so I played for Yeah, but I knew more things, Like they made me more of a man quicker, you know, when you got Vietnam, Vet's kicking your ass every day, you know. Yeah, and got and I was kind of heavy when you were younger. What do you call it? Husky?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're big balance, dude.
Speaker 2: I mean I did every sport you could imagine I still couldn't lose weight. I don't understand. I had a skateboard with me twenty four to seven. I mean, never ever did I stop working out as far as athletics stuff, right, But when I went to military school, that's when they started making me run for fun they called it. Yeah, I dropped the weight off. And then when I went back to high school, you know, just went back to doing sports like I usually did. And then once I graduated. Right before I graduated, me and Anthony were actually starting to work out together. We actually ran into each other at a gym.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you see him at a gym and you're just like, you know, do you want to just train?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And it was cool. It worked out good. So next thing, you know, I had to go to a wild Wood, New Jersey because I had businesses on the boardwalk that I was attending to that I owned. Yeah, so I had like water, rice cards, I had a hot dog stand, a bunch of stuff down there. So in the meantime, we're working out at a tell Us gym, and a tell Us Jim asked me and Anthony. They said, look, w WS coming into town. You know, at the convention Center, do you want to do security? And this is like nineteen eighty I graduated eighty five, so it's probably like eighty six eighty seven. And we went to We snuck into the building early on Monday afternoon because they were doing the Monday Night Raw and it was going to be filmed there. And it was me Anthony cry Baby Waldough rest in peace, he just passed away. And Andy Bernowski, who is a very good friend of mine, who's leather face in the Texas Chainsaw Massacres.
Speaker 4: Cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So we went in there just to goof off and we're jumping around the ring. We don't know what we're doing, we have no clue, and we just beat the shit out of each other and it was funny.
Speaker 3: You're not trained, No, I never never, never walked in my life.
Speaker 2: Yes, So Dick Whorley's there, he's like hanging out watching and he looked at Andy and Andy. You got to remember Andy's like six seven, I mean he's very big, three hundred some pounds, and honestly, Dick Whirley looked at him and said, you're the next Halt COVID and I was just like, holy shit, I mean, do you know what that means, and he was like, he goes, I ain't doing this shit. He goes, he goes, I can't even move. So we got out of there. For two weeks. We were so sure. We were like, nah, man, it's too rough. Can't do it, can't do it. And then my boy Andy ended up moving to California to do movies with Bruce Willis and them guys, and and next thing you know, summer was over. We were back home in Jersey and Anthony started going to the Monster Factory. Okay, so within thirty days after he joined, I joined, and that was nineteen eighty eight, and two years after that we were already in Japan.
Speaker 3: So hold on one second, why did you want to do after you said you know, I can't do this, you were in the ring right then then you decide, oh, I'm going to go train. Did you ever as a child watch wrestling and want to be one of the boys or did this just say Hey, I need something to do, maybe I should try this wrestling out now.
Speaker 2: I used to watch wrestling every Saturday with my grandpa.
Speaker 4: Did you want to be a wrestler?
Speaker 2: Yes you did.
Speaker 3: Okay, so when you get in the ring, just kidding around, you feel, you know, you're pain. You try to run the ropes and all that shit, can't do it, not doing it? What changes in your mind that says, Okay, I'm going to go to the Monster factory? Is it because Anthony went and you? He just said, let me try this.
Speaker 2: Well, we were both talking about it, like honestly, we both were like, yeah, you know, maybe we can do it, maybe we cannot do it. So aunt said, you know what, screw it. I'm gonna save the money and I'm gonna go to the Monster Factory. Okay. So it took me about thirty days because in the winter I was doing a different job. I had my own furniture business I did. I'm a hustler man, you know, are you are? So next thing? I know? I said, all right, you just started, so I'm a joint. So I had I had to catch up. I had thirty days to catch up. But it wasn't that hard because you got to remember back then at the Monster Factory, Larry had Charlie Fulton from Ohio helping him, and he's a legend and from Ohio, and he helped us, you know, get everything down. And I mean I started we started having matches like probably three months in Okay, and they were horrible, of course, but I mean we started getting We started working with the Samoans, the Wild Samoans, and all the veteran guys like Cowboy, Bob Wharton and all these other guys like Don Morocco, King Curtis. They actually, I don't know what happened, man, They saw us and they liked us, and next thing you know, we were getting booked in New Zealand, Australia. I mean we were living all over the place. I mean, yeah, yeah, that's me and Anthony. We worked for Vice. We did a couple of months with Thence just to get experienced, like because we really didn't know, Like we were going to wrestling school and beating the shit out of each other.
Speaker 4: Look at you, you're so cute.
Speaker 2: So we didn't have no idea, like until I got up there. I didn't know how to work until I got up there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and when you get there, it's a different style too.
Speaker 2: I was amazed. I mean I remember Build a big boss man grabbing me and hugging me and kissing me, saying thank you so much because we wrestled him and a Queen the African Dream. It was cool because, like I mean, they beat the hell out of us and I didn't feel a thing. Yeah, and I'm scratching my head, you know what I mean, And I'm like, I believe this. This is how you work, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're working stiff back home, and then you'd come up here and it's light as a feather.
Speaker 2: And light as a feather. I mean, I worked ted dB Assi and he was stiff with me, but I got to give it to him because he gave me one spot to do, which was a sling shot myself in for a sunset flip on him, and I actually locked it in man, real hard. I tried to pin him. He kicked out and he closed lined me across my face so hard I cracked my pants. Yeah, but like I said, I'm not I'm not someone that's gonna bitch. So he came in the locker room. He knew what happened, and he's looking at me because he you know, he's actually going like this, you know, rubbing his face like because he's waiting for me to say, you know, what the hell you fucking stiff to me? You know, I said, thank you very much, I appreciate it. I learned a lot. Goodbye. He'd stopped, looked at me, and then you could tell him and Piper just walked away and he's like, now that's and he put his hand up like this, like saying, you see that he keep your fucking mouse shut. And that's what I learned there, and that's how I learned. Then that's when all these guys that were veterans started respecting me and my partner because Afansika and Bob Wharton and Don Morocco and them guys were putting us over, right. So before you know it, on the independent scene, all these old timers that would be you had a show would say, bring the pipuls and we want to wrestle that, okay, So the promoters were stuck bringing us in even though if they didn't want to, we still had to it.
Speaker 4: So you're being requested.
Speaker 2: We were being requested a lot, which was great. Right.
Speaker 3: So now did you know Todd Gordon before coming into E c W Oh wait, here's.
Speaker 1: Here's here it is. It's on YouTube.
Speaker 2: That's the minutes right there. I mean I had to throw them tights out. They broke us up sometimes then, and he would put us in singlesh.
Speaker 4: My god, do you see it? Do you see it? Like a poop stain on your No? You go, spot, how embarrassing. Thank god.
Speaker 3: I never I never pooped my pants out there, but there you go, spot.
Speaker 2: Right there, he got pissed man and booth. He hit me hard you'll see later, and he nails me man hard. Wow. But I had to coming to me, so it was Okay.
Speaker 4: That's great, that's great.
Speaker 1: That's the beauty of being able to pull these things up just like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it wasn't crazy. But what the best part about working for events back then was I got to wrestle every single freaking tag team they had there. I'm talking eighty to z And then the first tour we ever went on, we were at uh. We flew right to New Zealand against the British Bulldogs. So it was the American pit Bulls versus the British Bulldogs.
Speaker 4: Because you didn't sign, you were under contract, right, No.
Speaker 2: They were paying me night to night at that time.
Speaker 4: What how come it never got any further? Do you think?
Speaker 2: Well they did? They got it. After we did that, we went back to New Jersey because I said, I'm only doing ten of them. I don't want to do any more of them because then people start thinking I'm a Barry Harwitz guy. Whatever, you know. But we didn't want to do too many jobs, but we didn't want the experience. So come to find out, Vince actually hired us to go to North Carolina for South Atlantic Pro Wrestling for George Scott and Paul Jones. So we were in North Carolina. That's when we moved there, and we were working six nights a week. Ken Shamrock was there, he was called Vince Torellia. Katanka was there. He was Chris Chavis was his real name. I guess, yeah, something like that. So we had to train them. We were trading them because Paul Jones and George Scott were great guys, don't get me wrong. But they wanted us to be baby faces, you know, so, and they wanted the Nasty Boys be heels because they were there with us too. Okay, uh, we sucked a babyface. I couldn't even cut a babyface promo at that time, you know. So I kept begging George Scott, I'm like, man, please, when we do TV, can I just do Can we just do one promo? Heal promo and then if you like it, you know, if you don't like it, then we'll stick to doing what we're doing. So finally, after I guess weeks and weeks and be breaking his balls, you know, and he finally decided, Okay, I want to waste a little of my money on this tape, so do this and be done with because I don't want to hear about it no more. I said, Okay, we cut the promo, and he fucking almost dropped dead because him and Paul Jones were just like, holy shit, you are now the heels, you're getting the belts, you're in the stunt stable, and the fucking nasty boys have to be babyfaces. So it was great. I loved it. I loved it, loved it, loved it, and we were and honestly I didn't even know at the time, but Vince had us there getting ready to bring us up.
Speaker 4: Okay, what happened with that?
Speaker 2: New Japan came in? Okay, sookiyo. Joe flew all the way down the Caroline Is to watch us. I guess the word got out. Uh of course, he you know, went over what we need to do better, came back again, saw us again, next thing, you know, we're starting to work guys from Japan. I'm working Dean Malinko. I never met Dean until there. I was a kid, you know, I had to do it. They're like, okay, you're working Dean Malinko. You're going over and I go, well, I'm a baby. If I'm a babyface and Dean's a baby face, how's that going to work out. I'm thinking of myself, you know, in the back of my mind, I'm not realizing I'm still young, I'm still learning. And Dean's like, don't worry about I got a great finish. And the finish was He's going to do a leap frog. I'm gonna bend down but hit him in the balls by accident. One two, three, Oh. Baby Face finished and it was great. So I learned so much from him. And then we got to work the Fantastics, the Rock and Roll Express, you know, I was working at it. Ricky the DA and Steve bo to gym every day, so we saw flair there all the time. Rick was awesome. Uh, And when Nwa was in town, we'd always go to the shows because we wanted to get in with Nwa. I rather Magnu wouldn't hire us. He said we were still too young. And I'm just like, come on, man, I'm like, I don't want to go to Vince. At that time, I wanted to work with nw A because it was more adult theme. Instead, the kid be got you, you know, and I mean they welcomed us with warm, open arms when we'd go to locker rooms and hang out with them, especially, we'd be out at night drinking with them and party and with them. It was cool. So they knew we were going to go. It was just a matter of when Magnum was going to bring us in. Okay, but that's when, you know, Vince such says, Okay, I'm ready to bring you guys in, but here comes Tokyo Joe. So he offered. They offered us a great contract and I couldn't. They were giving me twenty five weeks a ten grand a week. That's two thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: That's a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So we were all and before all this was then happened, we were already working for Todd Gordon. We were in e c W when it was Tri State Wrestling. The line.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you're doing all the little shows around, uh, Billy.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: I remember, Okay good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, like Todd and Joel was Joel Goodheart. Yeah, they were. They were pushing us like crazy. I mean, we would win the Battle Royal with weapons. It would be me and Anthony left. You know, that was the first time I actually met Rick Flair because this is before we went to North Carolina and it was Abdull the Butcher and Rick Flair was in the locker room that night, and I remember we did that first opening match and they put us over and like, yeah, we just wanted a run out for Abby's match. He's putting on he's doing all the blades on each finger. It's got like five blades on every finger, and we have to go in the ring and we're going to dig everybody. So Rick Flair and yeah, I I know, it's crazy. So we go in the locker room. Come to find out they were in our room, Rick Flair and Abbey. They came later. So we got in the room and they're screaming and yelling like what the fuck was that match? All these weapons. I'm like, you know, because those guys back then, you don't bleed until the last match, right, you know what I mean, maybe throw an arm drag in the first match built, yeah, which people don't do anymore. I remember. I remember Rick Flair and Abbey told me and Anthony you're not going back now, You're gonna sit here and watch our stuff. And they gave me and Anthony about five hundred thousand dollars worth of Rolex watches and diamonds. Okay, and they just said watch our ship. I said, I said, no problem. Yeah, I said, no problem. I said, I don't want to go out there and get I've never even been cut yet.
Speaker 4: Wait, and then no one ever saw Gary or Anthony again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I mean then, you know, that's when Rick and then was like very cool with us. And then about a month or two after that, I don't know what it was, that's when they said, good to North Carolina. So he went to North Carolina to work. But like I said, like I said, Larry Sharp called me up one night. Of course I was drunk, yeah, and he's like, Vince is good, Vince is ready to bring you guys in, So are you ready? And I'm like, now, I'm like, I don't. I don't even remember the conversation he had to tell me about. But in the meantime, Like I said, Tokyo Joe came down and said, look, you guys are like at that time our TV was starting, we were starting to lose TV down South. So we had a couple of years we were working six nights a week. He got down to like four nights a week, two nights a week, and it's like, okay, I can't live here no more. So he went back to Philly. And then that's when Tokyo Joe came to Philly with the contract and grabbed us. So you figure, I said, okay, I'll do. I'll do. You're paying twenty five times a year and then the rest of the time. Then me and Anthony signed with Todd Gordon free he went back. What happened was I was home with a knee injury. Anthony went to Germany to work for Otto, and I called up saying and said, look, you know my knees better. I want to go back. I want to start working. I didn't know you guys had TV. Fuck, let's go. So Todd said, come on down. Hack opened the door for me. That's when Gilbert Eddie was just out of there and Todd and Paul was just coming.
Speaker 4: Back in that's when I started in ninety three and that.
Speaker 2: Look, I think you were with us the first team, right, I.
Speaker 4: Know I started with Stevie.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh yeah, you started at that angle with Stevie. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I started with Stevie and then left Stevie for.
Speaker 2: For you because you thought you were upgrading.
Speaker 4: I had no clue what was going on.
Speaker 3: They were just like, show up, come here, and I said okay, And I just would always say who am I going to be with? Because I always wanted to match, you know, But my worst gimmick was with you guys.
Speaker 4: Because I hated the pleather. I hated it. It was so uncomfortable. But I loved you.
Speaker 3: But I just I was so like, if I look at pictures back then, I'm like, whoa, that is not me.
Speaker 4: This is not you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now you all I remember you. Always just you're like, yeah, can I wear something else?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No, I'm sorry, No.
Speaker 4: It was fine. Look, I just wanted to work, you know. That's that's all I wanted to do. I wanted to work.
Speaker 2: Do you remember the night we put you through the table. Yes, and we were the first tag team. Just let your co hosts know there the first tag ting you ever put a woman through the table. I never remember it.
Speaker 4: Remember it, well, I'm the first woman never go through a table. Yes you are, yes, so we share it first.
Speaker 2: And you were crying, so.
Speaker 4: That literal fears. I was just very nervous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I told you, I said, don't worry about it. Anthony will take care. We'll take care.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, okay, yeah, I I just in my mind I told this story before. I had no idea that I was going to end up with Shane. I thought I was going to end up with Brian Lee because Brian kept telling me the whole time, you're coming with me, You're coming with me. He was pitching to Paul for whatever reason. I don't know why, but he just kept saying, you're going to end up with me, and I said, great, I'm going from pleathor the chaps, Like this is like not me. So, but we're doing all these angles with Shane and it's not registering because I just have Brian in my ear and I'm saying to myself, well, what is this is this angle?
Speaker 4: Just are we just gonna get rid of this?
Speaker 3: And then I just automatically know Brian, like I had no idea, but like Paul had told me I wasn't going to be with you guys for the long run. So I knew my time with you was going to be short. I just didn't I didn't know where I.
Speaker 4: Was going to end up. But no, go ahead, go ahead that that I mean.
Speaker 2: That's like us, like we were gonna go to events. We didn't know they were gonna put Terry Reynolds with us. She was going to actually imagine that.
Speaker 4: That would have been interesting, That would have been interesting.
Speaker 2: That would have been crazy.
Speaker 4: But let's let's talk about that that angle, because.
Speaker 3: Shane and I had so much heat working against you after the neck thing. Yeah, we know Shane's side of the story. You've told your side of the story. Do you feel I know, you have to know that it wasn't intentional?
Speaker 2: Absolutely honestly. I watched it. I watched it. I watched it. Uh. You got to remember, Shane had a crazy match right before that spot. He got knocked He got knocked out in that match. He was unconscious at one time. Uh, we both kind of messed up that spot. I'm gonna be honest with you. I took the bump wrong. I should have took it. I should have took a flat face butt instead of a ddt. Okay, but the way he was supposed to land, and he was supposed to actually land on his ass, but his elbow was kind of behind my head, so it was forcing my head down.
Speaker 4: Okay, so it was kind of.
Speaker 2: A boat like, we both kind of. I take most of the blame because my right arm I just had surgery on my bicep and I got it reattached, so really isn't that strong yet, So I only was able to block it with my knee and pretty much my neck, you know. And I did hit the belt dead on, you know. So all I heard was dead in a crack, and my gosh, I was unconscious, and I rolled over. I've seen white, and I just laid there and I wiggled my fingers, I wiggled my toes. I said, well, I guess I'm not dead. So I rolled out of the ring. But I had no idea I broke my neck. I thought I jammed it. I've never hurt my neck.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that. You know that.
Speaker 3: That And then you know when we did the gimmick where we had the.
Speaker 4: Uh you know, you you threw the.
Speaker 3: Tail and he grabs you and we do the gimmick like this the people crazy. That was one of the scariest moments I think ever, because now I took a bump, so I'm selling. I'm selling right now, Gary selling, And all I know is Shane grabs me.
Speaker 4: And I can't get my footing and he's.
Speaker 3: Dragging me and my feet are dragging and he's got me under my armpits and I could not get I couldn't get to where I can walk. But people were literally throwing punches at us over the guardrail.
Speaker 2: People jumped over the guard rail.
Speaker 4: And they did.
Speaker 3: We had a swarm of people around us, like we were two people in a cocoon of security and workers and just everybody. And I just remember being drug. I couldn't breathe, and I'm trying to sell obviously, you know when I said, this is turning into a shoot because I can't freak and breathe and I can't walk right now, and I can't see, and it was like the white noise at one point, you know, when you get that.
Speaker 4: It was so scary.
Speaker 3: And I just remember looking at you laying there and I'm just like, oh my god, I think we have a winner here.
Speaker 4: But I'm scared it done.
Speaker 2: No, I couldn't. I was laying there because I remember I was still in the halo, so I couldn't. I couldn't look and see. All I seen was shadows around me. And I'm like, this don't even sound right.
Speaker 4: Something's so crazy.
Speaker 3: And I just remember, and my heart broke for you, number one, because I genuinely loved you as a person, and I knew like this hinders your career obviously, right, but watching Gary sit in the back was the most heartbreaking thing because it was just like, you know, you had no life to you at this point.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, if you remember Paul, this is what Paul said. He said, listen, you're not a pit bull no more. You are now Gary Woolf. That's it. And that's how because when I pitched. So you gotta remember, they didn't want to do any of this, Okay. I had to go to Todd Gordon's office and say, look, I talked to the doctor. I broke my neck. Okay, it's gonna heel in six weeks. I said, then I need to get rehabilitated. So he told me about six months. So I took eight. Anyway, I took eight. I took an extra two months anyway, and then Uh, Todd Gordon's like, hell up because at that time I'm not gonna lie. They all thought that I was going to probably sue the company or something, which I wasn't gonna do. That was never any or something like that. Never. I mean, I had warriors banging on my door like crazy when I was in the hospital. Ridiculous because Todd Gordon and Steve he came to see me, you know, they couldn't believe it. And uh, because I broke my neck on a Saturday, I didn't know it was broke till Monday. That's when I went to the hospital. So I just sneezed. I would have been done. Oh my god. So God was looking after me at that point. But like I said, Todd said no way. Paul said no way, of course. So I had to give him like a week or two to let him think about it. And I came back again and I said, look, man, look at Bruno Sam Martino's angle back in the day and w w F when he broke his neck with Stan Hansen. I said, look, how over that guy. I said, let's do something. Look at Magna when he got in the car accident. I said, everything happens, you know what I mean. I said, look, it's a tragedy. It happened. It sucks, but I'm okay, so I'm ready to go back to work. Let's do it. And then that's when we started. And I can see your face when you were doing those promos. Machine, Oh they were brutal. Man.
Speaker 4: I hated it. I hated it, like talk about Jerry's kids. I'm like, I can't do that.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do the help.
Speaker 4: I have to do it.
Speaker 3: And I was like, I'm not saying it, I'm not doing it. And she's like, put the pencil in your bail that you just signed to check it.
Speaker 4: I'm like going to hell.
Speaker 3: Awful, awful, But I like, you know, as a shoot, it broke my heart to see you hurt, Like I hate it.
Speaker 4: I hated it. But the angle was great.
Speaker 3: The angle elevated all of us to like this different level.
Speaker 2: Oh my, I mean honestly, I mean, Shane was a great heel anyway, but that put the icing on the top. I mean, that was the cherry on top that he needed to get where he had to go. I mean that night, that night when you dropped that skirt and had the franchises gimmick on your ass. Yeah, that was you know, and then throwing me down. Nobody had that kind of heat in the seat. I mean, look at all those great angles that been through ECW. Great angle you got Shane, I mean, you got a Raven with Tommy Dreamer, you got Sadman or I mean all these, you know, with Raven getting crucified. Our our angle still was the best and biggest angle I think. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Let me say as a fan, I mean, and you know, I do show with Shane, I do the show with Francine. I've heard them talk about it a million times and the intensity and I've gone back and watched it, and it's I mean, there there couldnt be any more of a believable angle in the history of wrestl than that one. And that night that you get thrown down, it is like it's it's intense to watch still to this day as a fan back then and now, I mean, it's got to be up there as one of the best ever. So you guys did great.
Speaker 2: I mean then, like our first pay per view, you know, I was getting ready in my mind because I was already back and I was doing Shane all over. I mean, we were doing the Loop and I was working Shane. So I figured, okay, pay per view time, they're gonna have me and Shane. Since we've been doing the Loop together. I figured it was going to be down. And then that's when Paul said, now I'm gonna save it because I want to get one more I quit match out of it, and I was just like, well, that's yours. I mean, I can't block, I can't argue with the book er, I can't do it. So he's like, I'm gonna have Anthony Wressell Hammett and You're going to be in the crowd just to do something and then jump them. You know. So we should have ended it right there at that pay per view match, because, like I said, we were preparing ourselves for it because we worked in every single town we were in. Me and him. Now, at that point, we were doing good stuff, cartwheel stuff. You know when you go for the tombstone you flip it back. Yeah, we were doing great ship. So we were both talking, man, this paper is gonna be awesome.
Speaker 5: We're gonna kill We're gonna kill this fucking match, you know, because it's got so much heat. Yeah, and then like I said, last minute, he's like he was pushing Anthony at that time, which is fine because they gave Aunt the TV belt too. So we're the only tag team actually that had both TV titles and.
Speaker 2: The tag titles, right, which was cool, you know because we we we you know, Francine Paul wouldn't let us do our promos because you know, one take and we were out. Yeah, you know, so he keep to stay along some nights, but most yeah, you know, we were there till four o'clock in the morning sometime.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do know that.
Speaker 3: One of my favorite things was way after a CW when we did the hardcore what was Shane's gimmit called the tour, We did hardcore.
Speaker 4: Homecoming, Homecoming. Ye.
Speaker 2: That's so.
Speaker 3: We work with Gary one night, Chad and Edward in Pittsburgh. We're baby faces, right because that because Shane wanted you know, Shane is a baby face in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 4: He never wanted to be a heeling.
Speaker 3: But we went over this before and there's this old lady, remember the old lady in the front row.
Speaker 2: Shane sent me up that night. That was a setup.
Speaker 3: There is this old lady and we come out and she is just in love with Shane and I and she's just.
Speaker 4: Kissing him and hugging me and everything.
Speaker 3: And Gary comes out and she's just cursing Gary out right.
Speaker 4: She's old. This bitch is.
Speaker 2: Old, right, I called I got man.
Speaker 4: She punched Gary.
Speaker 2: Jesus, So listen to this. He's not telling you everything. She was Shane Douglass's baby hit her when he was a kid. Yeah. Yeah, So I'm calling this. I'm like, shut up, you bitch, you old bitch. Shut up. So I got out of the ring and I remember fran Scene was standing near me and she snailed me with a shot and I couldn't do anything but sell it. I mean, that's how good she hit me. So I remember falling back, rolling over on my head and all I hear is France seemed laughing her freaking ass off.
Speaker 4: I got to sell it, Gary, sell it.
Speaker 2: I'm on the grail, grabbing my head, crying like a bitch, saying, throw her out.
Speaker 4: Throw her.
Speaker 2: Come to find end when I go in the back because everybody was laughing, Shane was dying. I'm like, bro, who is that? He's like that was my fucking babysitter, I said.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that. Well that was fun, that was that was great.
Speaker 2: Yeah that played went crazy for that spot that night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, absolutely. Any any chance we got to work together was a good time.
Speaker 1: So rematches to this day, you guys have rematches all the time, you know, and the feud continues. So whether or not you didn't get that big ball off on, you know, on the pay per view, you guys are still having the you know, the dog collar matches and the cage matches, and I think, weren't you supposed to to have a match earlier this year? I mean, you continues, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we we honestly a lot of promoters to call us and they want us to do a match together.
Speaker 4: So I to work with you guys again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, well, honestly, we could do it with our eyes closed. We don't even have to look at each other. We don't even have to talk about it. I mean, it's so it's so easy. I mean, I good locker rooms today and I sit there and I see guys going over a three minute match and they're talking for a freaking hour. You know, what I started doing is whoever, I'm working like I was in Canada and I had a work Angel from the ball these and all these guys are talking about all these spots and Angel came up to me and he's like, what are we doing? Boss? You know what are we doing? You know you're the veteran, so I'm gonna listen to you and we'd always does that too, And I'm like, will you stop, you know? And uh, I'm like, just sit down, sit right here and listen to this shit. Please. We're literally listening to all these freaking spots. And he's like, Okay, what are we gonna do? I said, We're not doing nothing, not that shit. Put it that way, forget about.
Speaker 4: It, because everybody has to get their shit in.
Speaker 2: You know this, I know, but you don't have to if you know how to work.
Speaker 3: I know these kids today they want to get everything they possibly can in and just you know, kill themselves.
Speaker 2: They don't they don't have no psychology. I mean, I went to a show in Atlantic City that night we did the autograph signing on the I went to that show and there mustle like I've seen one match with like twenty he finishes in one match, and I'm like, these guys are getting off after devastating moves and still working where I would have already been one, two three done. You know what I mean. It doesn't mean they don't have no psychology whatsoever. They think if they could flip flop and do a moon soal, that makes them a wrestler, and that does not make you a wrestler. Makes you a good athlete, but it doesn't make you a wrestler.
Speaker 3: Right Well, we have our memories to cherish and our legacy will live on forever.
Speaker 4: You don't care what anyone says. Tell everybody where they can find you these days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm on Facebook, just Gary Wolf. Also I'm ECW Legend the pit Bulls Mad Dogs of War. It's another site I have. You can go to. Anybody looking for t shirts or eight y tens or pictures. You can hit me up Pitbull six seven GW at gmail dot com.
Speaker 4: Okay, and what's your Twitter? Twitter?
Speaker 2: I got a Twitter. I don't even know it yet. It's under Gary Wolf. Sorry, that's all right.
Speaker 3: Well, we follow each other on Twitter. If I can help you off, tweet that and maybe get you some I'm.
Speaker 2: Still learning the Twitter thing. You know. I know you've been there. I know for.
Speaker 3: Two years now. Little I got in late in the game. I should have I should have been one here for ten years. I was like, we didn't want nothing to tweet.
Speaker 4: Ten years ago I was changing diapers. Who wants to diapers? Nobody wants to hear that.
Speaker 1: I got it in front of me. It's it's at Gary w O one five six six two two three four two. You got you gotta get you gotta help you change that one.
Speaker 2: You know who did that for me?
Speaker 4: Candy?
Speaker 2: No, justin incredible. Why would he put.
Speaker 4: All those numbers?
Speaker 1: It must be when you sign up like that's the generic one. They take your first name, your last name, and they just throw a bunch of noney so it doesn't roll off the tongue. But you know it works.
Speaker 4: You need to fix that a sap because that is a harm.
Speaker 2: I need some of your boys. Experience will help you.
Speaker 1: We'll have always if you need it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're gonna you know, honey.
Speaker 3: I hope, I hope next year we could hook up and do some stuff together.
Speaker 4: I love it when all of us come together, so it's so fun. It's it's just you remember.
Speaker 2: Too, Franny. There's not many of us left. Man, that's what sucks more than anything, you know.
Speaker 4: No, but those of us that are left are very reliable, as.
Speaker 2: I love everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, we're a very good group. So if I hear of anything, I will keep you in the loop as well. And just thank you for for everything, you know, taking me under your wing in the beginning, and just.
Speaker 4: I cherished working with you. I had a great time.
Speaker 2: I I enjoyed it. We had good times at Deca too, remember deccad we did.
Speaker 4: We had a lot of good times. Maybe we'll have some more good times.
Speaker 3: Uh. You know, even though I'm a mother now, I can't really do the shots anymore, but I'll have a cocktail.
Speaker 2: I'll hear you one of those famous lines, Hello mother, would you like another?
Speaker 3: I don't know about that, but I will be talking to you soon, I'm sure. Thank you for coming on today, and give my love to Candy, and just stay healthy so we can work that year.
Speaker 4: So all right, take care Gary, Thanks.
Speaker 6: Yeah, francisc Queen Extreme Extreme, The Queen Extreme Podcasts, The Queen Extream podcast.
Speaker 2: It's the Queen Extreme Being.
Speaker 6: And the legendship is the Woman Nuff You Dreams Legend on the Scene France Scene Podcast What you mean when your tram blades to show you what your needs you funderstand the Queens from the beginning of time odds here our Heart Radio shine only ahead and tell you stories from the Where the Legend odds up here. The Queen Nobody's Like Frand Scene iddes up here Here Here, The Queen Extreme Podcast iddes up here. Hen pay The Queen Extreme podcasts up here