Speaker 1: Hey, it's Brick and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: And yes, first we took over your for you page on TikTok. Then we took over the top comedy charts on Spotify.
Speaker 3: Hu.
Speaker 4: Next we're gonna take over the Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't feel like anyone's behind me.
Speaker 5: I actually like it. Once you take over the world, I don't think you have to go to work anymore, so it kind of would be helpful for everyone.
Speaker 1: Could you help us out?
Speaker 2: Follow the show, follow the show on this podcast over on our main feed podcast as well, and hey, enjoy your second date.
Speaker 6: The second dat day.
Speaker 5: Is it possible to accidentally catfish someone?
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess.
Speaker 5: Let's say that on our show all the time where they showed up to the date and oh no, he's even more attractive than his pictures. I wasn't prepared for a Clooney Hemsworth look alike.
Speaker 1: Me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I lost a bunch of way and I'm super buff now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just forgot to update my profile he no.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, one of our listeners is worried she may have unintentionally catfished her date. Her name's Morgan and she's a solid six in her photos. Online, but in eleven when you see her in person, isn't that rid?
Speaker 6: Morgan?
Speaker 1: You off the scale.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't go that far, you guys, I'm probably like a ten point five.
Speaker 1: I don't know anyone that even calls themselves a tent for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, Morgan, we want to help you here. Tell us about the guy that you catfished by accident.
Speaker 6: What's his name?
Speaker 2: Yeah, his name is Kent Okay, And you don't honestly think that Kent isn't calling you back because you're too hot?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 8: No, I mean that's not it.
Speaker 7: I just I mean some stuff happened during the day, but we met online.
Speaker 8: Look, I was like almost done with these apps because I've been on some really horrible dates and like the last day was this guy. He actually asked me if I could donate my kidney to his uncle.
Speaker 3: Date.
Speaker 2: He was Hi, Sarious, that is a good family member that will just start dating randos just to find an organ donor.
Speaker 5: I say, I mean I can understand that question. On a second date, maybe it's a little bit too soon exactly.
Speaker 7: I was like, can we just wait till we date for a month and then maybe you.
Speaker 5: Know, how about all I.
Speaker 1: So you're about to delete your app is what you're saying?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then can reach out to me, and he like gave me the cheasiest line, is there an airport nearby? Because my heart is taking off?
Speaker 6: Oh go.
Speaker 1: Not deleted? Like I think that that would be quicker.
Speaker 6: How do you respond to that? Or do you even respond?
Speaker 8: I wanted to mess with him, so I was like, oh, well, thanks a lot. My dad was a pilot and he actually crushed.
Speaker 2: Dark Wait is that true?
Speaker 6: Yeah, a little dark humor.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 8: But I was like, I wanted to mess with thing because I thought it.
Speaker 7: Was like such a cheapy line. I was like, oh yeah, and he was like, oh my.
Speaker 8: God, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 9: I was like, no, I'm not kidding.
Speaker 5: Just kidding about my dad's fiery dad.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: First, that's a cute way to start off a conversation where you did you turn that into a date somehow?
Speaker 7: Yeah? And so like we were just laughing and and then he had me out for drinks. And what happened is that I decided to change my hairdoo right before.
Speaker 8: Going on this date.
Speaker 1: That's the catfish part right, Oh right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was a pretty dramatic change.
Speaker 5: You went for the full makeover, Yeah, kind of.
Speaker 7: I mean I went from blonde to back to burnet, which is my natural color, and I actually went short hair.
Speaker 10: That's a drum change.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So was he able to recognize you? Did you give him a heads o?
Speaker 8: No? So he comes in and he doesn't even see me, and like I had to wave at hair. I was like, hey, I'm here, because the reaction was like, wow, I didn't even recognize you.
Speaker 6: I kind of like in a good way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, did he at least like was it a compliment? Like, Wow, you're so much prettier now.
Speaker 8: I think it was just really surprised.
Speaker 7: So no, it didn't come up as a compliment.
Speaker 2: Okay, it was just like what, I don't know if you're so much prettier now as a compliment either, because it means before I.
Speaker 1: Think we need to work on your compliment.
Speaker 4: That's too cheesy.
Speaker 5: All right, off to a little bit of a rocky start here. Were you able to get things on track?
Speaker 9: I did, So we sat down and we started talking and things got back on track, and actually we found out the silly hobby that we have in common.
Speaker 11: We actually love care. Are you okay?
Speaker 5: Both of us that is a silly, stupid, stupid who.
Speaker 6: Is dumb?
Speaker 1: Jeffrey loves car It's like.
Speaker 5: It is cute you.
Speaker 8: We both apparently love to go a lot.
Speaker 7: And so anyways we bonded about that and then at some point the other thing that happened it was a little odd, is that I have a ring.
Speaker 8: On my finger and he actually noticed that.
Speaker 7: And it's not a wedding ring or anything, but it is an old promise ring from one of my first boyfriends.
Speaker 1: Are wearing that.
Speaker 7: Well, I love the ring and I wear the other finger. It's not like I'm wearing it as and I'm engaged or anything.
Speaker 1: Okay, but it's like a diamond. It looks like an engagement ring.
Speaker 8: It does look a little bit like an engagement ring.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, And so I told him and said, hey, I just really love this ring. It's from an old boyfriend, has nothing I mean, I don't even have any contact.
Speaker 8: With this person, and so it's like to really like it.
Speaker 7: And so he I'm not even sure if he was even weirded out about that.
Speaker 2: Well, it's strange that you even brought it up, because he may have not even noticed it. I mean, if it's not on that finger, Dude, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I know a lot of guys that don't forget to look. Yeah, it's like marry Like I don't know, it's like.
Speaker 6: I didn't look at her fingers.
Speaker 5: Or maybe when you said it was like one of my ex boyfriends, he probably thought it was just a joke. Like your dad that had a plane crash would have been funny. Yeah, he died in a tornado. Accis, So, how did you and can to end the day?
Speaker 8: You know, it ended up just fine.
Speaker 7: We had a friendly hug and it seemed like things were going to continue, like I'm going to reach out to you and and then it just does not have him been like that at all. So I reached out a couple of times, and you know, his answers are kind of short, and it's not the same kind of back and forth that we had before.
Speaker 5: It is the ring like just knowing someone.
Speaker 1: I think it's not staying blonde.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll find out the real answer after we play a song comeback called Kent and get your second date update right after this.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, hold on, let's play.
Speaker 5: A little game of Spot the Red Flag.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, you two are gonna let's try.
Speaker 5: There's a blonde girl who shows up to the first date with a totally different hair color, wearing an ex boyfriend's promise ring, joking about her fake pilot dad crashing his plane.
Speaker 6: I can't, I can't find.
Speaker 2: The red I see all green.
Speaker 5: You know what's good about red flags?
Speaker 6: You can cut little red hearts.
Speaker 11: Out of I can.
Speaker 5: So. I don't know why Kent wouldn't be calling our listener Morgan back after their first date. I don't know, Broke, what do you?
Speaker 1: I am really at a loss. You know, I think it's really normal to wear old promised rings.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, because usually when you're like nineteen or eighteen or whatever, you can afford a big dime.
Speaker 5: Morgan, I mean, do you see anything wrong with what happened on your first date?
Speaker 10: There?
Speaker 4: You guys, I don't call those red facts.
Speaker 7: I call them having a sense of humor.
Speaker 1: So the promise ring was a joke, funny flags.
Speaker 5: Okay, No, well, it really doesn't matter what any of us think. It all comes down to Kent and his opinion of your first date. That's what we're going to try and get from him.
Speaker 6: Right now.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's dial his number and hope that he picks up.
Speaker 1: Yes, no numbers also red flags.
Speaker 6: Here we go, well, heysus kent.
Speaker 5: Yeah, who do you think we are? Not a good question?
Speaker 1: Maybe he might guess right, highly doubt it.
Speaker 11: Okay, I'm gonna get somebody. I'm not that keenan talking.
Speaker 10: To your congratulations.
Speaker 11: Who are you?
Speaker 5: We are a morning radio show?
Speaker 11: Yeah, oh okay.
Speaker 5: It's about the standard answer that we get a lot of the times when we do these. But we're doing something called a second date update. We're trying to get some answers for our listener Morgan on why you're not calling her back after going out with her?
Speaker 11: Uh oh oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's like good because you know she obviously liked you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so we demand answers.
Speaker 1: Can you literally could not be more awkward?
Speaker 5: It's like court now, you know, Can we can ask nicely? Why don't you call in Morgan back after you guys had such a great first date.
Speaker 11: She's our friend, she's what did she call you?
Speaker 5: Yeah, she reached out to us and told us all about your first hang out together, and she did. Overall it seemed pretty good. But she did mention there were a few possible awkward moments like She brought up that she looked a little bit different than her photos online.
Speaker 1: Well, so different that you didn't even recognize her.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that was a little shocking, upset you. No, still pretty and most importantly, I think like her personality is the same.
Speaker 1: So answer.
Speaker 5: So, if that's the case, then was there something else that happened on the date, because she says that she's been trying to reach out to you, but you've been kind of avoiding her via text.
Speaker 11: Well, I don't know if she told you about the whole ring situation.
Speaker 6: What ring situation?
Speaker 12: Yeah, this promise ring from her act her friend had given her and.
Speaker 11: They were together for like five years, and I guess it meant a lot to him and her.
Speaker 1: And oh you got that much detail? Huh? Yeah, did you not?
Speaker 5: I'll be honest with you, Ken. She did mention that she was wearing an ex's ring, but we didn't know the story behind it, that they were together for five years, or whatever else happened with it.
Speaker 11: Oh, well, there's a little more.
Speaker 12: Basically, she's uh, when they broke up, he asked for it back and she said, now.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Well, I mean it's just a promise ring, is that though?
Speaker 11: Yeah? I mean, it's also like a broken promise.
Speaker 3: You know that's true.
Speaker 1: What upset you? I don't understand that.
Speaker 11: Just something about that bothers me that I guess he was kind of lousy that he asked for it back, but he.
Speaker 3: Did ask for it back and she said no. But then on top of that, and this is like kind of the I don't want to call it the clincher, but like but really sticking to my crass that you know, she knows apparently.
Speaker 11: That he follows her on Insta and so.
Speaker 12: Every time she poses for pictures, she makes sure the ring is like visible so you can create.
Speaker 7: So it's his.
Speaker 5: Way back in someday.
Speaker 2: No, I think it's revenge, Like it's proving to him, like, ha, still got your ring?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean whatever it is, it's like she's still wearing his ring and Bill needs something.
Speaker 11: It's not just a piece of jewelry to her. It has to do with him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it feels like it, right, we should find out? Yeah, yeah, how do we do that, Jeff? I guess we We could call her and ask, but oh wait, she's already on the line.
Speaker 3: Ye.
Speaker 5: The type of person creepily waits on the other line listening in on other people's conversations.
Speaker 6: I guess that's Morgan.
Speaker 5: That's the type of person Morgan.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 11: Oh, okay, well, so she's been listening to all her I.
Speaker 5: Didn't even realize that that's totally on her.
Speaker 6: It is, Morgan. What were you doing there?
Speaker 8: I'm bad girl.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that girl, Well.
Speaker 7: I think you're putting too much weight on this ring, saying I mean I kept the ring because I liked the ring and I wear I wore that ring for a really long time and I'm not going to take it off for taking a picture for Instagram.
Speaker 5: Has nothing to do with you have any secret feelings for your ex boyfriend.
Speaker 7: No, I mean he wasn't a nice person to me, especially when the relationship ended. So yeah, I mean, I want to make sure that he can see for my pictures that I'm still wearing the ring.
Speaker 5: All right, So she doesn't think about him at all, There you go. Just when she posts directly at him online, could get back at him for all the horrible things he didn't like. I sag him in every photo. Really healthy, healthy sort of sounds like to me.
Speaker 2: It sounds like you talked about him a lot on your date.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, he wanted to know why I was wearing the ring, and so I told him the story. But I mean, I don't have feelings.
Speaker 10: For my ex I mean to me, it sounds like, you know, you may not have feelings like you want to be with him anymore, but you certainly have feelings like you want him to see you living your life. He's still important to you. And honesty with my exes, Like, if.
Speaker 3: There's drama, I'm not trying to post for them, I'm blocking them.
Speaker 5: But what's the point of posting online if your exes aren't supposed to see Like that's the whole reason we do anything.
Speaker 7: I mean, I'm not flaunting and I'm just not taking it off.
Speaker 5: I don't know the people who post ring pictures flat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you're saying that you're still not going to take it off.
Speaker 7: Exactly, I'm gonna wear it because it's my ring. He gave it to me, and I want to use it. I'm not wearing on the other finger.
Speaker 8: No, I'm not engaged to anybody.
Speaker 5: Maybe the promise is that she'll never take it off. Yeah, it doesn't have to be like another promise that we're thinking. Maybe the only way she'll take it off. Is if Kent gives her an even bigger, nicer and it all starts with you going on another date with her, Kent, that will pay for.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's Kent's Upfred.
Speaker 3: I really like you, Kent.
Speaker 1: I mean no red flats here, Kent. I don't see anything she's gonna have.
Speaker 5: Like ten, you can even take a picture with her together with the two of you and your brand new ring and post it right at her ex boyfriend.
Speaker 11: Are you guys buying the ring or just the date?
Speaker 5: We can barely afford the day, bro, I mean.
Speaker 11: Look, I thought we had good chemistry. I like you, so I'll try it out. But honestly, I am not about the drama, not about you. You know your relationship with your ex.
Speaker 1: You're saying yes, but you don't want the drama.
Speaker 8: I don't know that you've changed your hair.
Speaker 7: She's going through something.
Speaker 11: I can't tell that. You guys are talking me into it or out of it.
Speaker 5: Honestly, I can't tell either. But I do want to know what happens on date number two.
Speaker 1: You guys are going out again?
Speaker 11: Yeah? Why not?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I guess miracles do happen, guys. You want to start taking bets on how many dates they last brooke?
Speaker 6: What do you.
Speaker 1: Got half a one?
Speaker 6: I was gonna go with one and a half.
Speaker 5: You think it's not even the full date?
Speaker 1: Okay, to show it up again with the ring.
Speaker 8: So it's my ring and I wear what I want.
Speaker 10: I mean.
Speaker 5: And if you if your ex boyfriend's listening to this on podcasts, somebody missed out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he feels that.
Speaker 3: Brooking.
Speaker 11: Jeffrey in the morning got.
Speaker 5: A text into seventy five nine to two that says, I think that actually was my ex and I want her back Oho at.
Speaker 6: Least the ring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is, so I cannot believe they're going out again.
Speaker 1: Yeah I am why not? And I know it the.
Speaker 5: Obviously, I don't know. I think we've all held on to stuff from our previous relationships and it doesn't mean anything.
Speaker 4: Promise, Ring, Jean, I promise.
Speaker 1: There were so many red flags in this situation.
Speaker 5: I've got fingernails and skin samples from my exes, but not weird like I'm obsessed with you. I smell these every day kind of way, just a regular I hold on to stuff that makes me happy. So what if they all updates and times on them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you put them next year hair doll?
Speaker 11: Or No?
Speaker 1: Oh, that would be weird. Sorry, that would be weird.
Speaker 6: Geez.
Speaker 5: Anyway, if you ever want to get a second date update, you can email the show. We'll call the person with and calling you back. And check out all of the podcasts for second dates. They're up wherever you get your podcasts. That Broke and Jeffrey