Speaker 1: Good morning, good as, good evening, good night.
Speaker 2: No, we're not started like that.
Speaker 3: Let's go, let's do this the right way.
Speaker 4: Would good be hoping to point in our.
Speaker 5: Hold on, hold up, it's a boy d J E F Ben and this is.
Speaker 4: We are intro doesn't include making.
Speaker 6: Noise, which that's why it sucks.
Speaker 4: He comes home with a catchphrase.
Speaker 1: Why why does it have to be abuse?
Speaker 3: Right away? Your cute in We're done, We're done.
Speaker 1: We're done, all right, listen outside the sounds on Peter Rosenberg and we're from one of his life, the first ever hip hop podcast ever ever.
Speaker 2: First ever, first.
Speaker 6: But we're joined by the most successful hip hop podcast success right and DJA.
Speaker 2: And we're also.
Speaker 6: Joined by an incredible cast of legends to celebrate hip hop fifty Yeah. We got newcomers who are going to be legends. We have absolute icons in our miss yeah.
Speaker 4: This is a crazy collection again, this is wild right here.
Speaker 7: We got pioneers, we got people doing it right now.
Speaker 3: The game hasn't stopped.
Speaker 1: Fifty years old right now, fifty years old. We're calling this fifty SIPs, ladies and gentlemen, because we're getting drunk.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, toast today yeah, so toasted hip hop.
Speaker 4: Who's crazy idea was this panel?
Speaker 1: It's a great idea, want conglomerations energy?
Speaker 9: Was it the monster go in the boardroom and say, let's just do some fucking crazy shit.
Speaker 1: That's how.
Speaker 9: It's like, just put everybody together, like from every generation. And who's whose idea was? I thought he was going to claim it?
Speaker 2: Rosenberg.
Speaker 6: No, I'm happy to claim it, but I would be utterly lying. Now this is super exciting. If I can you announce the man sitting next to you plans this is crazy man.
Speaker 5: Leg Grandmaster kas is not mean, it's like hip hop is officially here.
Speaker 6: If grand Masters in the bills back, I mean you the only one.
Speaker 10: That was fifty years Yeah, you're really the only one.
Speaker 1: You look fantastic. What about introducers next year?
Speaker 4: I mean, guys, we're talking about the.
Speaker 6: Original female MC a B girl going back to nineteen seventy six.
Speaker 1: Shut up.
Speaker 11: But also let me add that to you.
Speaker 12: Nineteen seventy seven, I became the first female MC of hip hop culture before records before nineteen seventy nine.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow, yes, wow, that's my sister.
Speaker 13: We on Rock and Bells Radio Monday through Product.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's right every single day.
Speaker 6: And let me just start before we get to all these other introductions. I do want to start with you, guys, the ogs, the true og is here. How has hip Hop fifty been treated you so far? Have you been enjoying the celebration most definitely.
Speaker 13: We've been on radio for about almost two years now, and so we chronologically go over the history of the culture on a regular since we've been on the radio. That's what our show is about. And this year has been amazing. I mean, we saw it coming, you know, we talked about it, but actually when it came in, everything came to fruition and it's like, you know, we just hope that.
Speaker 2: It continues in year fifty one.
Speaker 13: Like we talked about earlier, this is important. This is a milestone, and this is going to be our first fiftieth and our last fiftieth.
Speaker 11: We're going to be around here for the next one.
Speaker 2: So it's extra special to us.
Speaker 12: My thing, Yeah, my thing is that, And this is what I want everybody to understand when we're.
Speaker 11: Talking about the fiftieth.
Speaker 12: In the version of hip hop culture, there is no way that we are supposed to be just celebrating the rap aspect of hip hop.
Speaker 11: Culture, the culture and all.
Speaker 12: A satus of hip hop coaching and all the elements is the DJ, the B girl, the B boy, the graffiti artist. You know what I'm saying, the MC, we are supposed to be celebrating. And for everybody that's watching the show right now, if you're not celebrating all of those aspects, you are not representing hip hop culture to its fullest.
Speaker 11: You're not. You're not.
Speaker 1: These guys came with an agenda.
Speaker 3: This is no no, This is something no no.
Speaker 11: This is something that I preach you all the time. This is something that I preach all the time.
Speaker 12: And my thing is that you don't have to be out there B girl and B boying, you know, but the DJ, the MC, We'll all celebrate. These are what accomplished what hip hop is. These are the elements that it's called hip hop from the time that Keith Cowboys first coined the name Keith hip hop culture.
Speaker 11: This is what hip hop is about.
Speaker 12: And so when you hear you know, the status and you hear some people you know saying ho, you're saying yes, yes, sir, you got to know where that came from. You got to understand the history behind it, So there's no gender there. It's just the history of the culture that we're celebrating fifty years of hip hop and you gotta know what that means, and it tells bottom line.
Speaker 1: Blake makes a noise for that, and it's funny to say that because I feel, you know, like you said, the four elements DJing, graffiti, MC, and then Breaking, and they.
Speaker 11: Added knowledge be boxing, but that came later.
Speaker 12: But those are the four core elements that encompass what hip.
Speaker 1: Hop is and I feel Breaking sometimes gets treated lesser on the on the totem pole. So we got a B Boy legend, b Boy Moy in the building who's who's had been part of taking Breaking to the Olympics.
Speaker 3: So bro, come on, yo, man.
Speaker 14: First off, I just want to say it's an honor and a blessing to be surrounded by legends in the game. You know, I started Breaking ninety five, but to be surrounded by so much history, I mean, honestly, I get chills, you know, to be here and to just elevate the culture and where Breaking is going with now Paris twenty twenty four and Breaking now being on the Olympic platform, I think Breaking is finally going to receive that reinforcement that is always needed because back in the eighties, I mean it was it was definitely seeing movies like Flash Dance or documentaries like Style Wars and Breaking. It was elevating the culture in so many ways, but the Breaker was always getting pushed back in the back burner. But you know, thanks Shirak for bringing that to light because you know, the Bee Boys and the be Girls, you know, we're a big piece of the culture and it got to be combined together and reinforced. And I just love that just the concept and the idea of hip hop culture growing and to be a part of it.
Speaker 3: Man, it's a true blessing.
Speaker 1: Well, it was hard to see b boying and Breaking because think about it, like the DJ, it plays the music and it's part of foundation. MC's original job was to pig up the DJ. And then you take graffiti where your goal was for the graffiti to be seen everywhere. So that's why they put it literally on a train so it would move around the city. How was Breaking represented, you know what I'm saying. So now it's gonna be in the Olympics and on the main screen. It's going to show a whole other level of bit.
Speaker 14: Look, the Bee Boys, the B Girls, they don't exist without the DJ, they don't exist without the MC, they don't exist without the artwork. All together, it paints a beautiful picture. And I just hope that the IOC, the International Olympic Committee, can really reinforce that because, you know, the opportunity of being part of a big platform. You know, everyone is a little has a little fear that the essence of hip hop culture might be diluted. But it's important for people like us to kind of voice our thoughts and opinions and kind of bring that expertise to the table and make sure that that we go out there and do that.
Speaker 3: You know, I just want to see.
Speaker 6: I just want to see what what commentators they have from NBC.
Speaker 12: That conversation we had because I'm a big girl in nineteen seventy six, right, and so of course you know who heard seventy three, you know, father of hip hop. We've we called him the father of hip hop because you know, he had the A one B Boys, the Keiths and Kevin, which you know was called the legendary Twins, and he changed their name you know recently, Right, No, for real, and then you had Tricksy the first.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 15: I'm loving that. I don't know, I'm glad that he said that.
Speaker 3: His face was like, oh.
Speaker 12: No, no, that's what they were called back in the days, you know, the first MC so we knew them as the Twins.
Speaker 11: But as they got.
Speaker 12: Older, twins, thank you, they recently changed the names changing. But the thing is, what I'm saying is like you said, you know, far as the B Girls and the Bee Boys, and we'll get to the graffiti, you know, how they're intertwined with hip hop, you know in general, but yeah, the Bee Boys and B Girls are underground. And my thing has always been, listen, if they go into the Olympics, you got to know where it came from. And yes, people like to say, oh B bee Boyism and B Giralism started back, you know, in the thirties, you know, when you had you know, different old older people, you know, breakdancing. But we're talking about hip hop culture and Cass has this saying that, you know, hip hop didn't invent anything, re reinvented everything. So I hate when people come, yeah, when it started in the thirties and started in the four forties, no hip hop was reinvented, and all of those elements were reinvented, you know, to you know, to make up the culture of hip hop. So I would like to see and we talked about that of how breakdancing is going to or be girlism or bee boyism is going to how it's going to affect you know. I want to see it, take it taken from the beginning to how it is now.
Speaker 7: One thing we got to know is that I don't think hip pop would have grown internationally the way it did without the bee boys and girls graffiti, because before they understood the lyrics they was dancing, was tagging up.
Speaker 11: It's none without the other.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to see the Bulgarian Olympic bee boy.
Speaker 3: I heard.
Speaker 12: We started with the up rocks, the up rocks in the seventies with the up rocks, and then it progressed, you know, to the floor moves and all of that.
Speaker 14: Maybe they'll create a sequel to like Cool Runnings right right about.
Speaker 3: The Bulgarian Boys.
Speaker 4: That would be something.
Speaker 3: Rudenberg.
Speaker 2: You can shout out the Bulgarian.
Speaker 4: Shout out the Bulgarian twins side.
Speaker 6: If only we had someone here from the graph world to you know, explain the graffiti.
Speaker 1: So I mean, O g l a graffiti legend.
Speaker 6: Risk.
Speaker 16: Oh, I'm like gonna try on the wall here, man, I'm just listening everything. I'm just it's honored to be here.
Speaker 3: This is fucking amazing.
Speaker 4: Risk.
Speaker 6: You tell us a little bit about your origins, your origin story, and when you went to New York from LA for the first time.
Speaker 16: Yeah, man, so, uh, you know, I was interested stret feeding from someone from New York. And I saw the trains and and uh style Wars and uh you know subwhere art that was like the Bible to us, stuff like that, and all I want to do is paint trains, right, So we didn't have trains. I went paying some freight trains. That wasn't the same feeling. I graduated high school. I hitch hiked that day to New York to hit trains, and I just I was like, I was on a mission.
Speaker 4: Is what is exactly h hitch hiking? What is exactly that?
Speaker 3: Well, you put your dumb up and after that was just on TV.
Speaker 2: You do one of these days. I didn't even get out of Hollywood. SOE was like, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: I sad I'm hitchhiking to paint trains.
Speaker 2: He goes, you're fucking stupid.
Speaker 3: He goes, take my car.
Speaker 16: I'm like, what's the acting is, I'll pay you to drive the car said great.
Speaker 2: So it was.
Speaker 16: It was a little easier, but I made it to New York and I met some great legendary dudes, Ghosts and Vin and Reese and Kat and Chino and all these dudes within like five minutes in New York.
Speaker 2: And they're like.
Speaker 1: What do you do?
Speaker 4: I told me. They said, that's fucking wild.
Speaker 2: They you're gonna get killed.
Speaker 3: You're fucking out of your mind.
Speaker 16: And they hooked me up, man, and they took me in and they took me into all your hearts and the trains, and we started painting. I met Lee and all these dudes and went to Henry's studio and it was fucking amazing. And uh, that was my introduction to graffiti, to becoming like on the platform of graffiti with all these giants, so to speak. And I was always embraced by New York and I was a West Coast student. I have a New York style, and that's where it came from. That's how it started, you know. I was started in eighty three, and uh yeah, I love it, love the art form. I appreciate every aspect of it. I appreciate every aspect of hip hop, you know.
Speaker 11: And let me let me go sound with you, sir.
Speaker 12: When you talk about graffiti art, a lot of people like to say, okay, so graffiti, you know, it was, had their own their own section, right. But how it came in to play with hip hop culture is because you had the people like Buddy Esquire, who was the king of flyers in New York, and then you had Anthony Rowley, and then you had other you know, artists you know that were painting on the trains in New York City.
Speaker 11: And what happened was in nineteen.
Speaker 12: Seventy eight switched the whole game of graffiti coming into play with hip hop culture. And how that started was is that they took what they were doing on the trains and transitioned it to flyers. And so that's how he said, okay, well, hip hop, you know, graffiti is not fighters. But that's how it came into play with hip hop through the through the graph artists that were painted on the trains, like the Buddy Esquires and Anthony Rowleies that would transferred that information over to flyer makers, and so Buddy Buddy Esquire became the first uh graffiti artists, you know, to make flyers. He was a part of my group, the Flankie four plus one of the Brothers Disco, and he began to start making fights for every single group artist that was out there, you know. And so that's how you know, graffiti intertwined with that. And he started drawing uh graffiti on people.
Speaker 4: Pays you make your sound French.
Speaker 12: Saw the Bronx, but I'm living in Texas down so you get the book. So you're getting at the book the world. So what happened is that he he started drawing on on on the pants and the dungarees, you know, the eight ball jackets and all that stuff. And on my DJ's car, DJ Breakout on the Doom Buggy. He started doing the graffiti on doom buggies and cars. And that's how graffiti came over to hip hop culture as one of the elements for hip hop culture.
Speaker 2: I want to I want to look at graffiti.
Speaker 6: Guini, Why can you tell us a little bit about your your coming up, your first sort of engagement with hip hop, like do you I always ask that to New York artists. But growing up in Texas, what was your first engagement with hip hop?
Speaker 3: Cost That's a.
Speaker 10: Great question actually, So I had a stepmom that was really into music and she would keep a lot of music around it, and it was it was a mix of music, right, So there was some hip hop, early hip hop throwing in there, but then it was also like Millie Jackson and Dolomite and like real wold shit.
Speaker 2: Right, you know.
Speaker 10: So as hip hop started to become more reflective, I was like, okay, well, well the ship they were making then it's kind of like this but with different beats and all of that. But I think for me it was obviously the message was the first record that I was like, damn broken glass everywhere with the fuck are these people living there?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 10: Like we had we had projects and we you know, we had projects.
Speaker 2: It was crazy, but it wasn't broken glass everything.
Speaker 6: You know what.
Speaker 11: People just don't care.
Speaker 2: Right where they lived at.
Speaker 10: And the more you listen to it, like me being in Texas, in the small town of Port Art, I'm like, yo, it shit happening in LA That kind of sound like it's happening here. It shit happening in New York. That kind of sound like it's happening here. I just don't get those words right. And then you start meeting people, you start to break down the lexicon. Oh, that's what that means. We just call it like stabbing the nigga. So that's what buck fifty mean, that's what okay?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 11: Cool?
Speaker 2: And then you start all I'm like, oh yeah.
Speaker 10: And then the Ghetto Boys made the song you know the world is a ghetto, and we realized that everything that we're doing, everybody else is doing. We use different words, we saved a different way. We say graffiti, right, but we all know what we're talking about. But I wanted to be an active part of it, right. I came in as a fan with a real big appreciation of lyricism, and I was like, one day, like I want to I saw a microphone fiend. I was like, I want to be cool like that. Like the video Black and White Walking with the Light had the little dude with the chain. I said, I'm gonna get Oh, I'm kids, my little man gonna have a gold chain. We're gonna be flying all that type of shit.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. But it was something that I felt like I had to be a part of.
Speaker 10: It felt so different from everything else that everybody was doing, and there was a clear entry point for me to get in. So I started out actually breakdancing first. You know what I'm saying. I think my move was a suicide because I was a big dude when I got this suicide. Yes, yes, I remember going to break In two and we just started breakdancing in the movie, did you know what I'm saying, Like, we just started.
Speaker 2: Battling in there, you know.
Speaker 10: But when I picked up depending, I started writing and trash. It'd be very real. My first rounds were trash. They were garbage. But I was on beat, which is better than half of the niggas in the group I was with. They didn't even nobody took the beat. But I wanted to be a great MC right. I wanted to be where if I ever did go to New York and I met somebody that I looked them to, like a big Daddy or Coogi Rap or Bis Markie or Massas. I was a big Juice Crew fan, obviously because they were like one of the people that perpetuated eight or eight base right and the South Base was a big part of the culture, so it was very easy for us to enjoy New York music. But I wanted to when I met MC's to be like, Yo, you can rap.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: It wasn't And when I started rapping in eighty eight, it was not about getting money. It was not about being rich. I never knew if I would ever make any money off of hip hop. I didn't know if I would ever put a record out. But I wanted people to say I was a dope MC. And here I am thirty two years later, still beating niggas up on the mic.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: Well, And can we add burgers to the hip hop element?
Speaker 12: There the number one Burger.
Speaker 3: Let's make some nowise trill.
Speaker 9: But by the way, if if you've never been there, it's one of the coolest spots in the world. Like, you go there, you can just chill out. No one's gonna bother you. There's so used to stars there, like everybody's v P. It's like and I stayed online like a regular person. I paid my tab like a regular person because I am a regular person and it's a great spot. But the thing about it is when you think about that's hip hop, like that's it is hip hop, like it's almost it almost should be on every you know, on your writer, like on your writer, Like I don't even care if you don't go to Texas radio, I don't know know nothing to just sell on the radio.
Speaker 4: I don't need to care if you you go straight to the.
Speaker 9: Trio Burgers and get your hip hop experience.
Speaker 10: On because it's hip our music playing, there's murals on the wall, like you know. We try to make sure for me, it's about cultural experience, right. We all representatives of the culture. We all inherently carry culture with us, so we every time we come outside and people meet us, we may be the only representation of hip hop that they see, you know what I'm saying. So I feel like my restaurant may be one of the first cultural buildings that they may come to and actually experience a hip hop environment. So I needed to look like it's trill. I needed to feel like it's trill. I needed to sound like it's trick. But we already know the burger tastes trill. But that's what I want when somebody from New York or Miami or La whatever. When they come down, they should feel like I'm in Houston right now. I'm in bum be shit right now. You know what I'm saying, because that's all we do is provide cultural experiences for people. Were these cultural conduits.
Speaker 2: To the world.
Speaker 9: And I'm sorry to say that, but because so many people besides jay Z rappers would never be the entrepreneurs, they will always say that we was the stupid people signed these contracts with perpetual long deals.
Speaker 4: Yes, sound like this.
Speaker 9: I know people that still signs in their contract right now. People don't get a chance to have a second career, so you know what I mean, or some of us are third career, you know what I mean. Like, so just to see you in the culinary arts.
Speaker 4: What does that?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 2: You go?
Speaker 10: But it's really a cultural brand, right because what happens is is we go out into the world and we become more influential.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 10: We're carrying cultural equity with us and typically that cultural equity is always co opted by the sponsors and record labels or whatever. But they basically try to pay us a bunch of money to sell their products so that we don't turn around and use this cultural equity to sell our products, you know what I'm saying. And that's where the real transition comes in, when we realize the real power we have. Well, if I'm doing this for them, if they're paying me five hundred racks to promote this product, they're gonna use my cultural.
Speaker 2: Equity and they're gonna make millions.
Speaker 10: So I got to get my hands on a product that I can sell to the people and get my own millions. So I found my burgen. I encourage everybody to take the cultural equity that you inherently carry as a representative of this culture and find you.
Speaker 3: Now as.
Speaker 6: At what point was did you realize that this thing that you guys were doing back in the late seventies could one day become something that has cultural equity and leads to millions of dollars? Like was there was there a moment when you went, oh, this thing's gotten way bigger than I even realized.
Speaker 13: Yeah, people ask me all the time, did you ever did you ever, you know, did you ever field or envision that hip hop would grow to the you know, to the extent that it has. And I'll you know, I honestly answered I, Hell no, I'll be stupid if I say, yeah, I knew it was gonna be as big, And I have no equity in it.
Speaker 2: I have except for who I am.
Speaker 13: That's equity though, Yeah, that's that's the piece.
Speaker 2: But it's a lot of people. If I have known, I would own hip hop, Okay, you.
Speaker 11: Could not.
Speaker 13: You couldn't not have a hip hop chicken store, or a hip hop clothing store or hip hop.
Speaker 2: Hip Hop is.
Speaker 13: The biggest culture in the world, is the biggest business in the world, and it's the only business you can get into without answering to nobody. You ain't got to answer to nobody to say your product or.
Speaker 4: Is hip hop.
Speaker 13: You don't got to be certified by nobody. There's no governing board of the culture of hip hop. It's just a free for all. Now, whatever industry, whatever conglomerate, whatever corporation, do you know that you could just walk into it benefits.
Speaker 2: Off you know what I mean.
Speaker 13: So in that sense, that's why it's grown to the proportions that it has. And had I known, I definitely would have taken a stake in it. But we were part of developing it. It was in the process of being done. We were in the creative process. We wasn't looking on how to market it to the masses or how to mass produce it, you know what I mean. We went individuals, all trying to make a name for ourselves in the bronx, you know what I mean, or wherever we are.
Speaker 6: We were, so do you when people started really blowing up, when the first rap stars started happening, right.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm getting to that, getting to that.
Speaker 13: The first time I knew okay, there was a couple of signs that showed me, okay, this is going.
Speaker 2: Past what we're doing right here.
Speaker 13: The first thing was in seventy nine when Rappers Delight came out. Okay, when the first commercialized rap song came out, and we knew, okay, this is going somewhere past where we thought. The second one for me was the movie Wild Style, and we did the movie Wild Style.
Speaker 2: It was like a stamp of validation.
Speaker 13: From outside, like, Yo, that shit y'all doing is valid.
Speaker 2: It's cool. I don't care what if you Because hip hop in the beginning.
Speaker 13: Wasn't like, oh Wow, what's that thing you're doing?
Speaker 2: That's great?
Speaker 13: People was like what the fuck is Sit down now? Why y'all, why are you scuffing up the see because spin around.
Speaker 1: On the floor. You're not supposed to connect to that life post.
Speaker 3: What did you say?
Speaker 13: You know what I mean, that's not music. That's all we heard, Okay. But and the fact that you know it got passed all that and grew to the proportion that it is. It's a testament to the power of hip hop. And like budd Bee said, you know, find find your burger, okay, because we all, we all got a stake in this culture, especially us that been here the longest.
Speaker 7: One thing, I think that there needs to be a distinction maybe between the culture that is hip hop and the industry that monetizes hip hop calling itself hip hop.
Speaker 4: Yes, isn't it?
Speaker 9: Isn't that you feel like the hip hop union that we've been talking about, like like that That's what me and e FN like when we first sorted ship. We felt like, you know, every other job that you have, like you have pensions, you have shit like that, like, and there's people who put it in time in hip hop and I feel.
Speaker 3: Like what I'm talking about, Like, I feel like I.
Speaker 9: Feel like every artist, you know what I mean, I should go to build a definitely a trust fund. Like I don't know how much money it is, but you know what I'm saying. So if anybody ever gets sick, anybody ever would like need something like I feel like.
Speaker 4: We should have a pension. I feel like like I feel like, you know what.
Speaker 9: I mean, like after twenty five years you're in here, you should get a big ass check or you know what I mean, like and your family should be straight.
Speaker 3: Like no one in hip hop.
Speaker 10: But see that what the problem is is that everybody within the culture agrees with the concept, but the funding has to come from the people that monetize the culture, right, and we're never going to get the labels to agree on that. So unless we the actual practitioners take it upon ourselves to protect each other and help each other, it's.
Speaker 2: Never just one new artist.
Speaker 11: So I want to add to that.
Speaker 12: I want to add to that, Nori, because you have Curtis Blow, you have Chuck d you have Special Air, that have the hip hop coalition that that.
Speaker 11: Is what they're trying to do right now.
Speaker 12: So they're still trying to form, you know, similar to you know, a unique KRS one is a part of it to MC like is a party two. So they're still trying to form it to ensure that exactly what everybody is saying, it does come.
Speaker 10: To fruition, because if you go to Hollywood, like there's there's funds, right actors, there's literally a house in Hollywood where when actors is a big mansion and when actors get old and they can't afford to pay rent, you can go and live in the house.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Yeah, it's a there's a big, nice house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, exactly, you know.
Speaker 10: So, but again, everybody has to figure out what their level of participation is going to be. Do we make the jay Z's pay more, right, do we make the scar Lips pay less? Or do we just have a general amount right that everybody contributes to and then somebody's got a monitor to finance. Is that because so many of us inside of the culture have had such bad financial situations within the culture, have been taken advantage of by contractual loss, we come in with a lot of apprehension about money, you know.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying.
Speaker 10: So it's going to take literally the same way that we have this diverse group of individuals representing the culture here, we need hip hop lawyers. We need hip hop accountants, right, Like, that's part of the culture too. Somebody's got to help protect us from the vultures and.
Speaker 11: They're out there.
Speaker 3: Boys that.
Speaker 1: We just we just have to really find a.
Speaker 10: Way to agree on what the level of participation is for different representatives of the culture.
Speaker 12: And it would benefit all of us simply because at some point, Kas and I we helped create this culture, and then you have Nori, and then we have you, you know, and then we have Scarlet. At some point we're all going to get older and we're all going to become.
Speaker 11: Legends, pre legends, you know, or legends, whatever.
Speaker 12: School, old school, We're all going to become old school and og. So this is to protect all of us and for the people that's going to be coming behind us.
Speaker 6: So you said there could literally be so you could literally be like a card carrying member of the only issue.
Speaker 2: The only issue is.
Speaker 10: If you look at like workmen, unions and teamsits and all of that, all of the people in the union genuinely make the same amount of money, right, so they're all getting the same ship pulled out of that check. We have too many varying levels of income and hip hop. So we just got to figure out if you're this level of rapper, you contribute this. If you're here, you contribute this. If you're independent and you get a higher profit.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Not just a rapper, you're gonna have to kick it. If you're a podcaster, if you're if you're.
Speaker 10: The most success if you're the most successful podcaster, if.
Speaker 3: Your ship's up here, I know how this works.
Speaker 11: But what you say, contribute, that's true.
Speaker 15: I'm post.
Speaker 12: We have to get the corporations that has been a stake and have not really given best.
Speaker 17: Every corporation, every quarter benefited.
Speaker 1: But we talk all this hip hop, let's talk to the youngest artists in the building.
Speaker 3: Scarlet Starlet.
Speaker 1: When you hear all this hip hop fifty talk, what what do you think in your generation?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 1: And you hear like, does it even make any sense that it's fifty years old?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 15: I thought it was really older?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 18: Right?
Speaker 1: Ain't that.
Speaker 11: Years?
Speaker 3: Isn't that flow?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, babies say, they say very new in the in the grand scheme of things, a new culture, a new genre. You know, it's fifty years now, But it's like think of you know, yeah, classical music is hundreds of years old, like this is very new. And do we all look like old men to you? We look like a bunch of old freaks, right, legends, Because I really like, I really like I'm from the Bronx, and I really like the resurgence of the Bronx and hip hop right now.
Speaker 3: There's like so many brons exactly, and you.
Speaker 1: Must be so proud.
Speaker 4: I am.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's crazy, yes.
Speaker 1: And really so many dope girls right now, so many.
Speaker 12: And I went to Scarlet off record and I told her how proud I am of her, because the first thing people like to say when when they know that I'm a OG and the first female and see of hip hop culture, Well, what do you think about the female artists out here today?
Speaker 11: And I rock with all of them?
Speaker 12: Why Because a lot of times when we talk about hip hop, and I said that before, people just look at the rap aspect. But we are all individuals, we all sounded alike. Then it wouldn't be rap music and it wouldn't be hip hop. So I love what you have brung to the table, especially being a new artist. Because I told her when I heard our song and I was driving on the highway in Texas, and she was like, back the fuck up, move the fuck back.
Speaker 4: You know what. I'm sad.
Speaker 12: And I was on a highway like this, telling everybody on the highway back to fuck up, move the.
Speaker 11: Fuck back, because I get it. I get it, you know what I'm saying. This is how we live, not just in the Bronx, but also in New York City.
Speaker 12: We always had that type of attitude in New York.
Speaker 11: Look, I just gotta go fuck with me, let me get myself together.
Speaker 12: And I respect her so much in everything people think.
Speaker 1: People think out of New York. People think New York is a rude We're not rude. We're just in a rush, like a favorite.
Speaker 11: Back the fuck up, Move the fuck back. You know, we got things to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you personally.
Speaker 6: But it's also crazy to think about now where hip hop can still go because if you look back at the last thirty years.
Speaker 4: We've had all these moments.
Speaker 6: I mean, Latifa and Moni put out Ladies First thirty some years ago, right and you're.
Speaker 3: Like, wow, it's time, it's time.
Speaker 6: Fast forward, you get you get Lauren, fast Forward, you get Nikki. We keep going, and it really was this is the first year where the women have brow.
Speaker 4: Redominated the whole fit. Yeah, it's amazing.
Speaker 12: Women has always been on the front line. We've always been on the front line. It's just that y'all dudes, wasn't talking about y'all wasn't talking about it. But we've always been on the front line.
Speaker 3: Always like a lot of.
Speaker 18: Opportunity for all types of different females to come in the game, because before it wasn't really like that, you know, but like now it's just like a whole bunch of femalesle to just take over and do what they want.
Speaker 2: There's enough room for everybody. I mean, they're winning.
Speaker 13: I think they're winning because they're so different from each other, you know what I mean, whereas a lot of the males is such a male dominated, you know, genre as far as numbers are concerned, and it's pretty much the same. You're hearing the same thing constantly. So when you hear something different, it's innovator, is right, it's young and wakes you up.
Speaker 2: You be like, okay, let me go over here. And that's where everybody is.
Speaker 12: And that's one of the reasons why Scarlett is winning right now, because people wouldn't expect you know adult, you know mcs and female to come out and be that aggressive. But at the same time, you know, lady, like you understand because what you did was you appeal to so many different aspects, not just the men, but the women. So your content for every female that's out there, your content at some point has to be different, because if it's not different, you're going to be in the in the in the rams with everybody else until you have somebody like Scarlet.
Speaker 11: They came out and said back the fuck.
Speaker 12: Up, moved back, and she she got the attention of everybody because her content was different. And in order to stay in the game as a female artist, you got to start bringing different content and that's how you're going to survive.
Speaker 9: And she signed to the perfect label Rough Riders. Yes, perfect label, perfect label we all.
Speaker 2: Know had great success yet with a female artist, you know.
Speaker 9: But but but not only that in the streets and like if you if I was to say that in the first time I heard her music, I would say that was a female DMX. I would say that, like you know what I mean, like and like and to be with I'm like, this shit is perfect, like this is God coming down.
Speaker 4: Swiss beats. You know, this is this is.
Speaker 9: DMX coming to Swiss in a different form.
Speaker 4: I got to too deep? Did I get too deep? Did I got too deep?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I don't know what it is, but it is like, just just think about it.
Speaker 9: If we believe that life continues, DMX never moved on. D MX is in her spirit. I mean, I'm sorry, but that's hard. I felt like that's hard. I feel like that's hard. I feel like that's Hall.
Speaker 6: Another another young artist who's impressed a lot of people and who just like from the first second I saw him, felt like he had that spirit and conscience of classic hip hop mentality, caring about more than just the surface.
Speaker 4: Is the Bay Zone symbol?
Speaker 3: Who's with us today? U?
Speaker 6: Where did you get sort of your hip hop sensibility because you are not like everyone who comes along.
Speaker 1: In the game, but still very contemporary.
Speaker 4: Well right, right, well said exactly.
Speaker 8: First off, let me say, allow me to be patient and answering this because I'm still fucked up that Bunn told me they recorded riding dirty in a.
Speaker 4: Bathroom, so.
Speaker 3: I'm still trying to put all that together.
Speaker 8: But being somebody from the West Coast, especially being from the Bay Area, we grew up with an independent mindset. So we grew up with this mindset of like we could do it all. We could make the beat, we could promote it, we could write the rap. For me, a big part of hip hop was my mom. My mom was a real estate agent that used to be a rapper, and she sold houses all around the world. So as a six year old kid, I knew what it felt like to be in Brooklyn. I knew what it felt like to be in Atlantic City. I knew what it felt like. I had a sister in Texas, so I seen the world a lot as a kid, and one thing I would notice was West Coast music didn't really translate the best around the world. So I was like, when I started making music, how can I make something that translates to the hip hop culture in general.
Speaker 4: So I never was like.
Speaker 8: Obsessed with trying to impress the youth. As much as they say hip hop is a youthful sport, I still feel like youth is very fleety. I feel like they grow up at a point in time and they still need guidance. I was always like trying to impress my peers. So when Noori came to Oakland, in January and was like, Nigga, you to do that gave me everything like that.
Speaker 3: That meant more to me.
Speaker 8: That meant more to me than my first check, because it let me know I made him proud. It let me know I made Joe Budden proud. It let me know I made Jay proud. To let me know when Bun just told me, oh man, we get the song, I was mad about my vocals and let me know I made him proud. So more than the money, more than anything. I came in this shit just wanting to make my peers proud and be accepted by people I looked up to.
Speaker 1: And that's why I love your story. You're hustle. I remember you told a story where somebody invites you to the studio in la You had to fly to the Bay and ain't drove right back Nipsey right.
Speaker 3: It was the first time I met Nipsy. So I was in Atlanta.
Speaker 8: This is around twenty twelve or I'm just young, trying to figure it out, and I'm running around, you know, got a little money, and it was a three sea fests and I kept hearing about you need to go to these festivals like south By, Southwest and a three sea fests and all these different things. So I was like, man, let me get a ticket and go. So me and my homies went out there. And at the time they had this club called Compound. I don't know if it's still okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: So Nipsey was in Compound. He was like, man, what y'all do? I was like, Man, I do music. He was like, next time you in La?
Speaker 16: Hit me?
Speaker 3: I straight up live to him. I was like, I live in La. You know what I'm saying? Like, like, I live in La.
Speaker 4: Like when you going back?
Speaker 8: He was, I'm going back Monday. I'm like me too, right, So I flew back to the Bay. My car was parked at the airport. I didn't even go home and got closed.
Speaker 2: I got my car.
Speaker 8: I put gas in my car at a Camaro at the time, got my car, put gas in my car, and drove straight to La. I got on the Grapevine. I text NIF Yeah, just landed at Lax.
Speaker 3: Where are you at?
Speaker 8: He takes me back twenty minutes later, I'm downtown. Pull up, sent me the address. Came through and he had a wall of books. He had a wall of books, and we did a song, and before I left, he was like, I want you to pick a book before you leave, and I really want you to read it. And the book I picked was The twenty two Immutable Laws of Brandy And I read that book and it taught me how to look at myself like a product, not a person.
Speaker 3: And I got that from Newfoud.
Speaker 1: That's something does without even reading the book.
Speaker 3: Problem, don't you ever disrespect me.
Speaker 2: Calling me a library, yo.
Speaker 6: But theam so that's your story because literally of my Namn story is just a few years ago.
Speaker 3: It was pandemic. It was during the pandemic.
Speaker 6: I don't know, maybe we'd met another time at a random sobs or whatever, but my boy, Top Shelf Premium was having an event in Brooklyn, early pandemic, super spreader event by the.
Speaker 4: Way, and oh super.
Speaker 6: Shit, all right, but something didn't do as well as good and you were when you were outside. So I'm on the block and I see this dude who just looks like somebody like this is a super underground event, not a ton of people who look like they have something.
Speaker 2: This dude just like, like, who is this guy?
Speaker 6: He looks like a superstar standing outside a car posted up little do I know that at this time, this man is just finishing up his garbage route literally, like you were still on the job, right, But the look he had was superstar rapper and then bro within I swear to god, within eighteen months you became a superstar rapper.
Speaker 4: Like, how did you just like we heard simbl story.
Speaker 6: Of he kind of figured out his brand, how did you figure out how to get the whole gorilla and Them's thing together?
Speaker 3: It was day one.
Speaker 19: I've been everywhere I go since I'm a teena's yelling out, fuck your life.
Speaker 15: That's been my shit since since as.
Speaker 4: Long as I can remember.
Speaker 15: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 19: Yeah, no, there's not nothing new like when I had when I first started rapping in like the early two thousands, I had a group of us my friends that was like, Yo, we're gonna call ourselves.
Speaker 15: I was like, were calling ourselves fuck your life that sit. You know what I'm saying. If they don't like it, if they're not with us, then fuck they life, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 19: And and and then I started battling. I went to the fight club. You know they told me about it. I started just beating everybody like I had like twenty wins and.
Speaker 2: Like no loss.
Speaker 15: I beat everybody and and it started though with the branding with graffiti.
Speaker 19: Before I was rapping, I was doing graffiti because I knew that if you saw my name on the wall, you was gonna talk about me. And then when I started rapping, I'm not good at art or none of that. I just were writing as big as.
Speaker 15: I could on any wall that I could.
Speaker 19: I kept a markle with me, and then it started just every every block and Coney Island said and them's, and then every block all over the city. And then people started noticing me from that, and then the fight club shit happened, and then people thought I was just a battle rapper, But what I was doing was taking verses from songs and just beating people with it, you know what I'm saying, And and and I just kept going, and then I kept trying and and and and not doing it.
Speaker 15: But I always knew that I had something, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 19: And I knew that no matter what, should keep throwing shit at the wall enough times, ships sign's gonna stick, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 15: And I went to jail, and then.
Speaker 19: I got fucked up on drugs, and then it was just like you know, one night, I just had like a moment of gravity where I was like, ya, I could keep going how I'm going, I'm gonna be dead by the time I'm thirty, or I could stop everything right now, live my dreams.
Speaker 15: And the next day I woke up.
Speaker 19: I touch nothing, sense, I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't do nothing.
Speaker 3: I just focused on winning. And then.
Speaker 15: I just kept doing it, and then I just kept Instagram came out.
Speaker 19: I just kept showing my personality, showing the people on my block, fucking with people, just real New York shit.
Speaker 15: You know what I'm saying. We're on the block every day.
Speaker 19: My error is from I came up right before the internet, so before cell phones, right in that midst of it was coming out.
Speaker 15: So when I used to come out, it was like, yo.
Speaker 19: If you if you leave your house, you can't get in touch with you to meet up on the corner and joke on each other. And if you don't got jokes, they're gonna kill you. You're gonna have a bad night every night, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So I just learned it.
Speaker 19: But wait, quick, quick, like get getting on people. But in New York, people don't understand that's like a bombing. You know, that's like bombing.
Speaker 15: If I'm joking on I'm not gonna joke down the road.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not at all.
Speaker 15: If I don't know you, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna joke with you.
Speaker 19: If I don't know you, if I don't like you, I'm not gonna fuck with you in this the fuck out here, you know. So it just I found a cheat cold, you know what I'm saying. Like everybody thinks I'm like a comedian or now I'm a rapper.
Speaker 15: I've been doing this, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 19: I've been chopping people's heads or pauls, you know what I'm saying. I've been battling, beating everybody. But and I've been nice with the balls, but that ship wasn't getting me this way. So I just went this way, started joking on people and fucking with people. And then they started taking notice. And then every between every don't ever disrespect me video or bing bong side talk, I throwing a freestyle, yo, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 15: Take that, And then eventually and then the bing bo shit.
Speaker 12: Also, we talked about you on the radio, right because cassiay, bing Bong, what the fuck is that? So I said, cass, watch what the fuck happened? That shit gonna go viral? And and what probably liked about the next week bing Bong, he started saying, that's a product.
Speaker 19: Yeah, now that's a product, a straight hip hop blizzard bomb bomb. So what I used to do, I had the merch and I used to show it every week when I dropped new shit and be like, yo, just check the new ship bomb.
Speaker 15: Check this new ship bomb on my Instagram. And then one that I was like bing bong, bing bong, and then people started laughing. I was like, I got something. And then side talked came.
Speaker 2: We did a video and I was like, yo, I'm.
Speaker 19: Gonna start saying that bing bong bing and then it just took its own world, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 15: And I was like, all right, I got something here and then.
Speaker 19: And then just kept doing those type of videos and then you know, you know, I did the album with scram Jones and then be met up with Paul Rosenberg and congratulations.
Speaker 4: All of it is is hustle.
Speaker 15: That's all of it is just hustled, like I knew I got something.
Speaker 19: And by this point where we're at today is like yo, like switch up, Like right to where Bing Bong was, it was like I was working a regular job, but it was like, ya, I've been doing this rap shit now for probably like ten fifteen years. If I just quit now, that's like working a job about to retire and just saying.
Speaker 4: Fuck, I don't want my money.
Speaker 19: I don't want my retime and money. Now I'm gonna just cry. I said, nah, I put it too much time to fucking quit. I'm gonna keep doing this shit until this shit happens. And then you know, shit happened, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: And then the thing you said when you said about it was just hustle, Like don't don't underplay your success like that because you was hustling twelve fourteen, sixteen hours a day and then fucking off for the other eight hours. And that shit on the gate all the hustling you did. You know what I'm saying. You see it all the time where people like I work all day grind then I go.
Speaker 2: Blow a check. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: You gotta have checks in the mail, coming to blow a check. But at some point, like you said, I stopped doing the drugs, I stopped drinking, I stopped everything, and you locked all the way in and made hustle like your life's plan not a life stop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I'm saying. I made that differ.
Speaker 15: I made it fun.
Speaker 19: I made like so since I don't drink, since I don't do none of that no more, what's fun of me is making money.
Speaker 15: When I go to the club, That's just not fun of me. When I'm getting paid to go club, that's fun to me.
Speaker 19: I just smucked it around in my head where it's not fun unless I'm making money, you know what I'm saying. And then, you know, just even before this rap shit and I bought my mother house and just that's all from the ground, you know what I'm saying, Because I'm not willing to take anything less than what I want to do. And since I'm a kid, this hip hop shit has been in me, instilled in me since watching The fucking Disorder these Fat Boys, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 15: That was like my favorite movie back in the day.
Speaker 3: And yeah, because what happened is.
Speaker 19: My father died at four, and then Coney Allen in the project Dwyer Gard's my projects. You know, like my moms would go to work and I would just be in the crib by myself, and all day I would just watch rap movies and listen to albums and and and like I'm like a fucking encyclopedia for hip hop, you know what I'm saying. And hip hop raised me and and I knew since day one, this is what I wanted to do with my life. And some people give up, you know, life happens. I just wasn't willing to your mother.
Speaker 1: That's all hip hop mentality. Because I always say lately, I've been saying if anyone asked me my culture, my religion, my my background, I say hip hop is the answer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hip hop and drink.
Speaker 1: Hip hop is the answer.
Speaker 4: Political, what was it?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 4: No, No, I'm Republican or Democrat? Yeah, hip hop craft hip hopocrats. Yeah, I'm just like it.
Speaker 3: Crazy branded.
Speaker 1: For somebody talking, I know, but that's that's that's the power of hip hop. And then I wanted to say d J. Stacks that going to building International club King he He's when I first heard your record scholar's record, yet he was playing it, he was doing it a event together. And that's what the importance of a DJ is still to this day. I know everybody breaks music on TikTok and on the internet, but still there's nothing like a DJ playing a song loud in a club more an event. And that's what this guy does, man, and he's like pure hip hop stats.
Speaker 4: What was your what was your path to find in dj? Oh Man?
Speaker 20: I think it's a little different for everybody else in a sense of I was born and raised in Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: Both my parents are Haitian.
Speaker 20: But when I say Brooklyn, I say different because I feel like people from the Bronx are like, that's hip hop right.
Speaker 4: But I'm gonna get to that though, but I'll be feeling like Bronx.
Speaker 2: Is like hip hop hip hop right.
Speaker 20: And in Brooklyn where I grew up at like Brownsville, seen Brownswi and flat.
Speaker 3: Bush, it was very Caribbean, like super Caribbean.
Speaker 4: So the hill part was growing up.
Speaker 20: My older brothers they used to run with this sound called stone Love that you probably know about all Legitimika, right, and my parents are Haitian, so the Haitian music was there and Spanish music, all types of music. My father, he was like a real music collector, so it was anything from Whitney Houston to Phil Collins whatever. Now my hip hop really honestly came from Queens because my older cousin, my older cousin, right, My older cousin lived on one twelve in Springfield's right, and I used to go to the crib and see the turntables and all that, and then you know, rest in peace. Like one of his boys used to come over and who's one of his voice was jam assja wow. So I just to be in a crib with them and I'm theyve chrise nam, you don't touch my turntables and I'm moving here sneak playing. And I started realizing the difference in music, like with dancehall and anything else, there's but so much technique you could actually do certain things, break it down the record and all that, and we're hip hop. It was like I could break this record down.
Speaker 3: And tell a story.
Speaker 20: I could do certain things with this I can't do with everything else. And then plus it was bars, you know, it was less singing and more you know.
Speaker 3: Words and lyrics and stuff like that.
Speaker 20: So you know that's my That's where I came from with that, and in the fashion you know, the A repeat rock cams, the epm ds and then the queens. Hip hop to me that really caught me was the mob deeps the CNN.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, nas like, like, so I must say, like first thing is for just being on this panel.
Speaker 20: Right here and sitting amongst like real legends is like super dope, and I truly appreciate it. And I just did my homework, like I started just doing research on hip hop and like you know where it came from, and you know, and I started listening to like West Coast and Midwest and you know, I started listening to like the bum.
Speaker 1: B's and you know all that.
Speaker 4: So it was just weird.
Speaker 2: So I started.
Speaker 20: I was kind of confused for a while because I studied music, so you know, I studied samples. Where did this record come from? Where didn't get this from? And I was kind of lost for a minute. But then I started realizing where the money at the moneys and hip hop like nothing nothing, and then the lessons are in hip hop, like it's so much more to be told than learned from to me, so I kind of just went that route, and I've been Gucci since, Like I literally played most of the biggest festivals across the world.
Speaker 2: Right now, That's that's why I'm at with it.
Speaker 8: Yes, the first time you drink asis Fee, what was la Champagne?
Speaker 2: I was?
Speaker 6: I was on drink Champa. I was super excited. Yes, I was a mix of scared and excited. I thought they a little scared walking.
Speaker 4: Into the room.
Speaker 6: I thought I thought Nori was gonna like really throw me to the wolves, not a bad way, because he was just like, there's a lot of watching, there's a lot of ship you could get from me, and he didn't.
Speaker 3: They didn't.
Speaker 4: They didn't actually.
Speaker 3: Steer me into that much of it.
Speaker 2: Yea, Now did I know that?
Speaker 4: Two weeks later they didn't have one guest.
Speaker 6: After another who hated my guts and would have rip me to thread no plan. They have whole clips on why they hate Peter Rosenbro.
Speaker 3: Because I'm.
Speaker 10: My thing is every time I would link with nor I've only really spent like five extended periods with.
Speaker 2: Nord and the third one was drink Champs right, But the first two.
Speaker 10: Times Pissy drunk just in general interaction like I went to projects. I got there about like five in afternoon. I ain't leave to like three in the morning, and we just out we.
Speaker 1: Treating shit in pain, we drinking armadale.
Speaker 10: We just on the block, niggas getting slapped, niggas get fuck.
Speaker 3: It was hilarious.
Speaker 4: Fact this shit was hilarious.
Speaker 10: Yes, it's pissy, pissy drunk. So then when I get ready to go to drink tamps, I'm like, I'm going to do this interview knocking up.
Speaker 2: I'm not doing all of that.
Speaker 10: Three hours later, my interview with him in drinks After is literally two hours and forty five minutes, and we try to stop from like ninety minutes all the way, and we just the show restarts like three times because like you know what, let's do this, let me ask you this, and I'm drinking.
Speaker 9: Let's go yeh Ben, keep it real. This is when we was learning ourselves. We were just letting you and the beatlets we fucked up on like like I can't wait till like we do our episode. Now I got our stick together now, I actually I'm actually articulated with.
Speaker 4: This motherfucker now. Like before before, what we were doing, like.
Speaker 9: Fat Joe just put a mic in front of us and started talking and then we threw the episode out and it was like everybody likes this, Like we don't understand that us just talking to each other.
Speaker 4: It's gold I kid you not kid you not.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 4: I'm a say like we knew something.
Speaker 3: We knew something.
Speaker 4: That Nas had hit me. I forget which period career this was.
Speaker 9: This is alright, this is the time where Tyler Kali most death and who.
Speaker 3: Else was on that cover?
Speaker 4: What you mean the cannabis?
Speaker 13: You mean?
Speaker 4: No, no, what saw us cover? It was like back back hip hop okay, And.
Speaker 9: I don't remember. It was like it was like and Nas came when we better. We were just talking and he was just like, how you feel about to cover? I was like, you know, he was like yeah, And then we was just talking and then were talking and then we're talking and then he said to me he predicted it.
Speaker 4: He said, yo, one day.
Speaker 9: I don't know if we said one day they're gonna pay us for our conversation or one day they're gonna pay you for your conversation.
Speaker 1: I forget.
Speaker 4: And then I remember that. I was like, holy shit.
Speaker 2: And then.
Speaker 9: You assholes kept letting me go up to the motherfucking morning show and y'all let me talk.
Speaker 13: And then.
Speaker 9: I realized I knew ninety sevens number.
Speaker 4: I was like, what the fuck am I doing? I'm working for living I don't even know.
Speaker 9: It til Berg, Yeah, yeah, yeah, I definitely did my Spanish Trailburger first.
Speaker 10: Glorie's key of success is that Norri might be the most genuine person facts and hip hop and when I mean and jam. I've known norriy through all these different stages of his career, same exact wild words made up on the spy, lots of drinking and all bregarious conversation. Big personality comes in the room and takes it over.
Speaker 2: That's always been a part of that.
Speaker 10: But also Norri has been ridiculously underrated as a man in this fucking game. Everybody put a wall around him and a roof over him that never held.
Speaker 2: Nori was not supposed to go as far in hip hop.
Speaker 10: As he went, but he still had bigger records than niggas were way better marks. You know what I'm saying, Because personality like people genuinely want.
Speaker 2: To be in your company. You know what I'm saying, because.
Speaker 10: The only difference between going on drink champs and hanging on the corner with you is microphones and camp.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, that's the.
Speaker 1: Only one hundred percent I'm going.
Speaker 2: To your shows like going to the barbershope, right.
Speaker 13: I know.
Speaker 1: I always say Norie was my first rapper. Friend were almost the same age. The first rapper that was successful that was my friend is Nori. And I met so many artists through Norri before they were ever big. I met two chains in your studio before he was big, Lil Wayne Project, Pat David Banner All was in the studio with Nori. Because he didn't worry about if they were wherever they was from. He showed love to everybody that came through, and like you came to New York and he would pick you up, or you come to the studio, he got weed for you and take people to the tunnel for the club. And it's like everything he's doing now exactly like you said, He's always been the same. It's just you know, I guess if n gave him a little direction like do it this way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but by the way we work.
Speaker 6: While we're giving out, although we still got to be talking to the microphone but still but also while we're giving out flowers to people just being the same people all the time. I was literally just having a conversation with someone yesterday about like as radio people and really the three of us as DJs, DJs and radio people.
Speaker 4: It's kind of a similar thing.
Speaker 6: Like our relationships with people have ebbs and flows, and there are people that you're super close with for a time. Nine times out of ten, when they reach a certain level of success, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: They get funny and they.
Speaker 6: Stop, they stop returning the calls, the number goes green.
Speaker 4: You never hear from them again.
Speaker 6: We are sitting amongst the two most normal, non weird no motherfuckers.
Speaker 4: In the history of the game, between Buddy and No.
Speaker 6: There's not a stage that I've been in anything I'm dealing with where people are saying sit about me, that you guys don't pick up the phone and.
Speaker 4: Show love and like, I'm just sorry.
Speaker 6: A lot of your peers, they may be great in many ways, they don't hold on to that quality though, which is endearing.
Speaker 3: Yo, that that goes a long way.
Speaker 19: But Yo, that goes a long way in hip hop because being getting in this game, I meet legends that I came up listening to and you meet them and you're like, this, dude's a fucking fun They're like, now I.
Speaker 2: Understand why they was dissing you.
Speaker 15: Yell, you understand me.
Speaker 2: But then you meet genuine people that might have not been your favor.
Speaker 19: But like, I fuck with him so much, right, just because the energy and the love that they show, and it goes a long way just being yourself. That's is a big part of like, you know, listen, if I try to embody that because because I meet the legends like like Bun and I'm meeting no they and they genuinely who they are and who you think they are, because so many times in this rap game you meet rappers that you think who they are and they're nothing like that.
Speaker 14: But if I could say something to that, because earlier you talked about the coalition, and the reason why coalitions and hip hop don't exist is because people have not found the route the right circle yet. It's hard to find the humility and the genuine people that can actually come together and a trustworthy and create a trustworthy journey that people can trust and so like, the concept of building a coalition has existed for many years, but the reason why.
Speaker 3: Yeah or union or whatever either way.
Speaker 14: Right At the same time, the reason why it doesn't exist is because everybody can talk about it, but very few can actually do it.
Speaker 3: What Bun shared about.
Speaker 14: Like financial freedom or creating financial equity, Like who's talking about that? Nobody is, And the reason is everyone's thinking it, but very few can actually come together to do it because we stop just what.
Speaker 10: You're doing for you exactly and to start executing for us. And everybody quite frankly, just isn't take finance out of it. My people's mentality is not built around them taking things away from themselves for the greater collect you know what I'm saying, because a lot of us come from circumstances where we never had nothing. Then we finally get it and you like, why should I share it? You know what I'm saying with people that won't even appreciate it. So it just you got to find that in a circle, a diverse group of people from all walks of the culture, right, represent all walks of the culture that we trust, like just people that we trust, but like you said, mostly examt even who they think they are, they're not who they present themselves to be. And you get them in a room when you talk about some real shit and ain't got no conversation for it.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, I'm glad.
Speaker 12: I'm glad you brought up the entrepreneurship because that's one of the things that the younger generation said.
Speaker 11: Okay, y'all, don't kick the older ogs. Don't kick the ballistic to us. They don't taught us how to move.
Speaker 12: Only thing they say to us is you shouldn't be rapping like that. You shouldn't be doing this, you shouldn't be doing that. And this is how we bridge the gap between the younger generation, you know, and the older generation, you know, to kick those blistics and let them know, Okay, this.
Speaker 11: Is how you move.
Speaker 12: You want to be a rap artist, be a rap artist, but take that money that you use and put it into something else because you may not always be that rap artist. So you have people here today to be able to kick those ballistics to the younger generation and say, look, you know, we're going to give you the knowledge, but you have to take the knowledge.
Speaker 11: We're not talking at you, we're just talking with you.
Speaker 12: You just have to listen, and you don't have to take everything that we say, but just take it into consideration because.
Speaker 11: What we all may have went through with different right, we have the experience.
Speaker 2: But some older artists don't want to connect with young gus.
Speaker 11: And they should.
Speaker 10: Very honest, right, older artists, and I'm talking about mind generally before we even get to casual generation, my generation. Right, they look at what newer artists are doing, the level of success that they're attaining, the amount of money they're making for doing basically the same thing we did, and in some people's minds, we did it better, but they made more money.
Speaker 2: For that's just a sign of the times.
Speaker 4: That's got nothing to.
Speaker 2: Take the money out of it. We're all fighting the same truck to get somewhere.
Speaker 18: See, it's like a younger artist like for real, like all the ogs really like been like supporting me for me of course, and like giving me advice and stuff like that, like Snoop Dogg bust rhymes, stuff like that.
Speaker 3: We will see one day one day.
Speaker 8: One thing I'm noticing is like when it comes to artists like me and Scarlet, who feels nostalgic, y'all open, y'all give it to us because.
Speaker 3: We've been the criteria I feel like like.
Speaker 2: But when it's.
Speaker 8: Like and we respect that, but when it's like a younger person that ain't necessarily speaking when we speak, y'all alienate them, and then that fucks up the culture as a whole.
Speaker 3: Not saying everybody, you.
Speaker 10: Know what I'm saying in general, I was looking at in my early years, well UGK was doing the ninety two was not popular, right, we would not looked at.
Speaker 2: We were not included and ship. You can go back and look, there's no videos. There's no music videos.
Speaker 10: Because the Red Company didn't want to make them because they didn't think gonna like us. There's not a lot of magazine shit. My first magazine cover was twenty two years after I started.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, It wasn't trendy to embrace Southern artists the East.
Speaker 10: Look at an artists and realize they're getting a bum rap just on how they present themselves. Like I was with Sexy Red on Friday and Roland Loud sweet girl, beautiful girl.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: People look at her approach as being different. No, that's always existed. That's always existed. Hip hop has always had this idea of reclaiming their bodies and their identity. Right, that comes from slavery. Right, people came out of slavery. They either wanted to recapture their soul because they felt broken and they went to the church, or they were people that wanted to reclaim their physical body because they've been raped, they've been slaved, and then just servitude all of that, and those people went.
Speaker 2: To the jew joint.
Speaker 10: So both of those are equal representations of the black experience in America and the experience of people of color in America. So we can't look down at people who aren't bar centric, right, because that doesn't mean that they're the best people for the culture.
Speaker 2: They're just better at what they do. But maybe that's all they can do is rap.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 10: They're no good out of any other part in their life. So for me, if somebody isn't necessarily purely lyrically driven, then there's got to be other aspects of their personality that people are gravitating to, and we have to look at that and see like, well, maybe there's a part of life that I didn't experience based on where I grew up, on my age.
Speaker 2: That they're experiencing.
Speaker 10: And this person vocalizes that we got to be open to that because we were talking about.
Speaker 2: Crack and shit like that when it was not a popular.
Speaker 8: Thing, but it also wasn't everywhere, and then y'all OG's was saying the same thing.
Speaker 1: We ain't with that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean, you know, it's this generational gap, right that exists in society.
Speaker 2: Period's got nothing to do with music.
Speaker 10: Your mom's music was crazy to your grandmother. Your music is crazy to your mother, your kid's.
Speaker 2: Music is crazy to you. That's a generational gap.
Speaker 10: We shouldn't be on the same shit at fifty with eighteen year old niggas. We should not be on the same page on no level other than just get it better in our situation. That's the only thing I should have in common typically with a young person is drive, momentum, hustle, you know what I'm saying, locking in on your goal those and so if we can't connect on the music, we can't connect.
Speaker 3: On the content. That's cool.
Speaker 10: I'm not supposed to like everything young people are saying, but I'm supposed to.
Speaker 3: Support the most what you do best best.
Speaker 1: Moms not understand me listening to the bread were still.
Speaker 3: In the same way you know, I make rap music.
Speaker 2: But she I said, my mom money, She's like, don't send me there. That's too much the.
Speaker 8: Same way, the same way that you just broke that down. It's how we look at it as younger artists. So it's like me personally, when NAS dropped last night, I felt like I had to be the first to support it, one whole drop four four four. I feel like I have to be the first to support it because these are people that showing me how to exemplify myself as a man. But when I get the forty seven year old rapper that's still talking about being on the block, fucking five girls and doing all nigga, you got a fucking wife with five.
Speaker 3: Kids, tell us about that? What's life like that like?
Speaker 10: Because they don't want to hear you compete with me to talk to you, and they shouldn't be talking to you exactly, should be talking to people that were eighteen when they were eighteen, exactly.
Speaker 2: When twenty five when they're twenty five.
Speaker 10: Because where I'm at in life is pretty much with everybody that started with me is in life. So the minute I stopped trying to connect with them about where we are now, that means I want some of what y'all got, and I'm never going to get it. I know every young rapper out here. I can go get a verse from any person. But do people really want to hear that? If I go get a verse from Future and I could go do that, do future.
Speaker 2: Fans want to hear me with him? No? Do my fans want to hear me with Future?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 10: Can we mutually agree but still have respect for each other?
Speaker 3: But do all of us?
Speaker 8: But do all of us want to see Future go to trull Burger?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. That's just shit I'm talking about. Yeah, that's what I'm talking That's why I love you?
Speaker 4: What about?
Speaker 1: And I asked the question real quick? What about the other side of it?
Speaker 11: Hold on?
Speaker 4: Let me say something though, Okay, let me say something. Sorry.
Speaker 3: Sorry. A lot of times.
Speaker 9: O G would come and approach a young artist, and because it happened to me when I was the young artist, When I was the young artist, and the you this is this is DJ jump each other such like, okay, what's going on up Jo? And they sitting there and they talking, and then I can't identify with him because it's just me from different areasks, right, So I'm like, all right, cool, cool, cool, and you know everybody you don't know, like like we didn't know every single person in the NBA. He was a fan of the Cargo Bulls, but you can't name every motherfucker on the goddamn team. So that should happened to me, and so I became dom g. Then I was walking in and people was like, well, who the fuck is this nigga?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Like the young niggas was like, yo, okay.
Speaker 1: Something or But.
Speaker 9: What I had to do was I had to recreate my whole ship, like oh shit, I had to start wearing these juries for these people, something for them to identify, something for them to be like, Okay, I don't know this old motherfucker, but he got on a.
Speaker 4: Nice walk or he got on something like must have been what he did.
Speaker 9: And sometimes sometimes that's the way to to relate to them, because a lot of times I don't relate to all of them. What you said, you said, we accept you know, y'all three, because y'all got bars and you got things like that. But a lot of the times we don't even know how to approach you because your energy wasn't the same, Like we wanted to meet Michael Jordan. Like Alan Ibison wanted to meet Michael Jordan then crossed them over, but he wanted to meet him first.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. And a lot of times, as now I'm an.
Speaker 9: Elder statesman, I don't feel like the young generation we wanted.
Speaker 4: To meet us. I don't feel like they wanted to, but they Jordan Jordan, they.
Speaker 3: Do want to meet with Steph Curry the day.
Speaker 10: Where the space is, where we are the same space, right, and where's the level of entry for young people? A lot of times what you think is is apprehension is really like, man, I want to say something to du but I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know how to.
Speaker 4: I'm so happy for her.
Speaker 9: I'm so happy for because I know her crew, I know everything that she represents. So it's easy for me to say, your homegirl, your little yo, I'm.
Speaker 4: So happy for you.
Speaker 9: You know, Nims, I didn't even know he was rapping. I thought I just seen him on Instagram. I didn't even know, like he's actually a legend. I was like, damn, man, I learned that the other day. You know what I mean, and it's just like I want to relate but something, but I also don't want.
Speaker 4: To feel stupid.
Speaker 10: So this is what we need.
Speaker 4: We walk in that room and they're like, what in.
Speaker 10: The same way, in the same way that that monster can put this room right with generational you know, counterparts and contemporaries in here, we as a culture guy to make sure that there's better.
Speaker 2: Entry points for these conversations.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm saying, take drink chests at Trilburger's. What else is hip hop? Come on, there's maybe some more hip hop products English. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 9: Diamond chans, diamond change, Okay, don't own it, but we gon own it today.
Speaker 13: We got we had enough jewelers of color, yes, and we're gonna have.
Speaker 4: We should have a real hip hop day, like in every state.
Speaker 2: We should have like hip hop like retreat.
Speaker 3: That would be fun.
Speaker 10: A let's go to not journalists and people like that, like people that are you know, like people that are active participants in the culture. When we need to workshop and build with each other, right, and it can't just be at you know, on a weekend where there's parties and other ship that's gonna take us away. Yeah, we need somewhere where we can build with studios and bar everything that we would want to participate an indulgent should be on the site so nobody feels like they need to leave and go anywhere. Whatever we need for us to manage three days together somewhere have it there on the site.
Speaker 13: It's a lock out the whole its subconscious effort.
Speaker 12: And even a young generation, because I think it's very important, you know, to include the young generations. Yeah, simply because you know, there's not an artist, a young artist that's out there that I.
Speaker 11: Don't know about.
Speaker 12: I know about every single rap artist that's out there now. Why because I'm making my business to understand where they're coming from. Because they're really speaking some of the stuff that we lived. It's just that they're talking about it more now, and so we have to include. Hip Hop has always been inclusive. Everybody has always had a table at hip hop, and we have to ensure, Like Jun be Ugk, I knew about y'all before y'all even started making songs with jay Z because I had the best of both worlds. I'm from New York, the Bronx, but I was in Texas. So I appreciated y'all even before he knew about y'all. So I think if you open up and learn about these different artists, you don't have to like what they're saying, because I don't like everything that's out there, but I respect their craft. And until we get together and bridge that gap, that is the only way that that hip hop is going and rap music within hip hop is going to survive what we're all respecting the crafts from everybody to come through.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's real.
Speaker 13: The culture, The culture is alive, and well, the business not so much, you know what I mean. But because of the Internet and because of our access to.
Speaker 2: Information, now everybody's better.
Speaker 13: Everybody sounds better, everybody speaks better, everybody knows more, everybody's a little more in tune with everything.
Speaker 2: So we take that and we.
Speaker 13: Put that into like the things that we're trying to put together as far as preserving this culture called hip hop.
Speaker 2: Now, I gotta bounce, I'm out.
Speaker 4: All right, I gotta all right. Yeah, one last question before we lose you. First of all, on behalf of all of us here.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: You being here means this whole thing doesn't exist without you.
Speaker 6: But Is there anything as we celebrate hip hop fifty, is there any one specific message maybe that you feel like people are not getting.
Speaker 13: The importance of it, is that we established the foundation for a cultural movement that rivals any in history, any war, any you know what I mean, calamity anything you can put hip hop up in the same breath as anything that you can mention that happened in history. And I'm proud of that and I'm proud to be part of the fabric of the part.
Speaker 9: Thank you my brother. Okay, he hopped on a flight, You get some more money? Come on, God damn.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 4: And this is this, It's justould be how hip hop is. No one sitting his seat, no one sitting his seat. And see this, miserve put his jersey right here for this jersey right?
Speaker 8: I want I want to ask Rosenberg in Cipher a question before we get out of here. Being radio guys that came from, you know, traditional radio, how did y'all feel about the evolution of podcasting.
Speaker 3: I know that I know they were, but they come from so.
Speaker 10: Basically, do you guys look at podcasting the way cast looks at right right, right right.
Speaker 1: Original I'll be honest, drink Champs is overcharging for what they did.
Speaker 4: To the It's like, you owe, what's forty is that? You know this?
Speaker 1: We started Rosenberg got put on the radio by Ebro, introduced us and he said, y'all gonna do a morning show together. And we didn't know each other. So this man had the smart idea. He said, Yo, let's do a podcast so we get to learn each other's personality.
Speaker 4: So you had like a religious marriage. Yeah, basically it was arranged.
Speaker 1: It was a marriage.
Speaker 4: You're supposed to be called a raised marriage.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of stuff that Rosenberg says and does that I hate and disagree with, and.
Speaker 4: He got a lot that's overstated now I do.
Speaker 2: I'm a big guy.
Speaker 1: But what I will always defend Peter Rosenberg is for his love of hip hop. Me and him can talk hip hop for hours and hours and hours. And what we did we didn't know what we were doing back then. We just we were lucky enough to be in Hot ninety seven and lost Forfessa was.
Speaker 4: Dropping new drink ships this week.
Speaker 1: Last week, yeah, like Large Professor was dropping a re release twenty anniversary of the main Source or something. So he was stopping by High ninety seven, and he would always grab and be like, Yo, can we go in the back room and do an interview, which then became wand up interviews and the wand up interviews. We were just two hip hop NERD fans getting the oral history of hip Hop'na be honest, y'all was ahead of yall time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we know that, No, we know that.
Speaker 9: Like this is what it was like we were high ninety seven. We trained not the curse like y'all trained us. Like I would go to Hot ninety seven. I would think of everything I'm about to say without a curse word, like I would be our I preman say that every interview, and then y'all were coming in a room and be like to the next room.
Speaker 4: It's like we're in the principal's office.
Speaker 9: But then you I would say, let's go to the dean's office and then said you could curse here, said whatever.
Speaker 4: We never trusted y'all. This is a setup at somewhere. We're gonna say something and then then we're gonna be banned. And then I didn't. I did get banned not to talk about Yeah, but that's I know, I know, Jesus, it's.
Speaker 9: Not talking about that well, but that's why, that's why I came off like I will always say, probably your your fort Rosenburg. I'm like this that is like podcast is nerdy, And the e f N would call me and be like, I'm listening to a podcast.
Speaker 4: I'm like, damn, I know I helped the nerds get on.
Speaker 3: Well for real.
Speaker 9: I mean, we're a billionaires boys club right now, Holy moly. But I was like, maybe we're not that nerdy yet. Yeah, man, and FM was like, listen, I'm telling you, I'm on you, and then he was.
Speaker 4: Right, but I'll tell you, I tell you what's crazy about that.
Speaker 9: I'm in La one night hanging out with Kid Cuddy.
Speaker 4: Excuse me, I was with Alchemists.
Speaker 15: It's a big difference.
Speaker 9: It's a big difference. No, No, it was Michael, No, No, I'm with Alchemists. And he goes to me, let's go to this Kid Cutty show.
Speaker 2: Okay, there we go.
Speaker 4: At the time, I'm in hip hop purgatory.
Speaker 9: I don't know if anybody knows what hip hop purgatory is, but you're going to receive it at some point. And that's where you go from being like here to like down here.
Speaker 3: But you're like right here, and you don't.
Speaker 4: Know because if you go up, you made it. But if you go down, no coming back, going to the garbage, getting back to the.
Speaker 2: Garbage for real.
Speaker 9: You gotta realize they get tired of us after a while, they get tired of us and they want to kick us to the fucking curve. That's the reason why we made dreams chance. We want to make people that's been in the head so long.
Speaker 4: So anyway, what alchimist, he goes, let's go to this.
Speaker 9: I don't want to be seen like I don't want to like I'm in purgatory, Like I'm like, I'm not confident, So damn.
Speaker 4: This is ill right, I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 9: I feel feel deep telling this story and I'm about and I'm about the light of.
Speaker 4: Blood and act like I don't know if you can smoke or not. I'm not sure. We're gonna figure that out later.
Speaker 9: So anyway, so anyway, I walk in and then I don't want to say nerves, but all of these hip hop alternative people came up to me, was like, you're the god, and I was like why, I was like, I didn't shoot nobody over here, you know, what I mean.
Speaker 4: And I didn't realize.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 9: That's that's how I identify with being the man like back then, like you had to you had to pop somebody, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: But they're coming to me.
Speaker 9: And what I don't realize is that like you put on for Rell, like the first time we seen Pharrell is and he's our god.
Speaker 4: And I was like, this is this whole of.
Speaker 9: The alternative hip hop that Kanye and this was like, holy, this is not gangster. There's nobody in there with a bandann and nobody quit walking, nobody, nobody, nobody in la. I'm like, I'm like, you ain't gonna ask me what hood I claim? Like you know, because I'm used to who you claimig Like, no, no, this was alternative that this word used alternative. And I looked and I was like, Wow, there's a whole nother section of hip hop that a tribe called quest because they had it to me through for real, but for real's not where it comes from.
Speaker 4: It comes from.
Speaker 9: Actually call question and then what's the native tongue? And it's all under the native to and I'm looking like, holy shit, it's still kind of went back to New York. But I'm in LA and that's when I will discovered what is it called? Uh the Kanye. It's not backpacking. This is upgraded from backpack. This is a different it's a kid cutting and yes, it's just alternative alternative alternative, Yes, and and I realized this other places a hip hop like in my day.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, this is horrible.
Speaker 9: But if I didn't, if I performed and nobody got stabbed.
Speaker 4: I was like, this is a horrible show.
Speaker 8: So I liked it.
Speaker 4: If I did what what what? I wanted somebody to get what what? What?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 9: What I meant, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry I went I went too far.
Speaker 4: Gods, I'm sorry. Don't get stabbed. No, No, I'm so glad. I don't wrap no more. I'm so glad.
Speaker 3: I'm like.
Speaker 9: When I did reggae tho, I was like, I'm never going back. You want me to go back to rap? I just see people dance. So I'm like, got so lean, Holy shit, this is and nobody nobody gets stabbed, Nobody like this.
Speaker 4: Hip hop is fucked up. At one point, I'm sorry, I'm sorry I didn't remind y'all of that. I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it had nothing to do with the ninety people you walked in with.
Speaker 3: You have backstage harreat me completely. It had nothing to do with me.
Speaker 4: I'm tell you that. I'll tell you that. Well, you gotta say you're a question. I'm sorry.
Speaker 8: I'm telling this click story. Before we got here, I think I'm in like the fourth or fifth grade. I'm like fourth or fifth grade, and I'm arguing on my teacher, right, and I tell the teacher, I'm like, you don't understand, like dot, I'm finna blow up.
Speaker 3: Don't even got to be here, right, So she like, what are you?
Speaker 11: Like?
Speaker 4: What are you talking about?
Speaker 8: So I'm like, you want me to learn this and learn that when I already know what I want to do in life, I'm gonna be a rap star.
Speaker 3: So she was like, where is that going to take you?
Speaker 1: And I was like to the moon.
Speaker 3: And she says what right? And I look at her and I go what what what?
Speaker 2: What? What?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 8: And the whole class, the whole class starts seeing this ship to the point I just did an interview on BET and my mom told the story about when she got the call that I was in the class standing on top of the desk.
Speaker 1: Going who what what.
Speaker 4: Greatest story?
Speaker 2: Alternative?
Speaker 9: Holy this was great man. I want to thank everybody here, even though I'm not moderating.
Speaker 3: Shut out, shut out the monster energy before.
Speaker 8: Fifty of your hip hop right here, man, toast everybody that had done this. Always say like rappers was my father when I didn't have one.
Speaker 3: So I appreciate whole.
Speaker 8: I appreciate Nor, I appreciate Big, I appreciate Pop, I appreciate X. I appreciate Scarlet for being a female that's not hyper sexualizing, giving men something to shout out that women confide to when we could all be in the club together. So when I'm in the club, I want to tell them to hold the folk club.
Speaker 3: That's so nuts. That's hip hop, mister fifty
Speaker 18: At