Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Who's scoring big this NBA season?
Speaker 3: You are with all the new ways to get in on the action that Draft Kings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NBA. From monster Slams to dish in the Rock to cleaning the glass, get behind your favorite player and prop bets you can make Undraftkings home of the NBA player props. Ready to place your first bet? Try betting on something simple like picking how many points your favorite player will have. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your pick first time. Here's something special for you. New Draft King customers can bet five dollars and get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. Instantly take it to the rack with Draft Kings Sportsbook Every point Counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code money Moves that's called money Moves for new customers to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 2: The crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Scammeling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York, call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and Y four six seven three sixty nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in Resorting, Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See DKNG dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 3: Boostmobile is now legit nationwide five G network. So I have to take a break from all the jokes here for just a second and put my serious boards on, because I would never ever joke about a five G network that has invested billions in building five G towers across the country, not even once, not even if mister boothtmobile himself asked me to. There's nothing funny about it. Boozmobile is now legit nationwide five G network and also provide coverage across ninety nine percent of America. Seriously visit boostmobile dot com or your nearest boost Mobile store location to learn more. Boost Mobile network, together with our roaming partners, covers ninety nine percent of the US population. Five G speed not available in all areas. This episode of Nightcap is brought to you by colar Guard, a non invasive colon cancer screening test.
Speaker 2: Did you know?
Speaker 3: Colon cancer is considered one of the most preventable, yet least prevented cancers. When called in the early stages, colon cancer has a survival rate of ninety percent, so screening and early detections are key to reducing overall colon cancer deaths. That's why the American Cancer Society recommends that if you're at average risk, you begin screening for colon cancer at age forty five, and the convenient way to do that is with coli Guard tests. The cold Guard test allows you to be in control of your colon colon cancer screening through prescription based tests delivered to your door with none of the prep that's required for colonoscopy, liquid prep, no days off, no invasive procedures, Plus colon Guard test is affordable most insured patients pay zero dollars and if follow up colonoscopy is needed after a positive colon Guard test, this is usually covered by insurance. Also, so if you're forty five years of older and at average risk, you can ask your health care provider about screening for colon cancer with the colon Guard test. You can also request a coli guard prescription today at coli guard dot com slash podcast. The color Guard test is intended to screen the DOLSE forty five and order at average risk of col director cancer. Do not use COVID guard tests if you have had athenemus, have inflammatory biblesease, and certain hereditary syndromes, or personal or family district of col erectal cancer. The color Guard test is not a replacement for colonoscopies. High risk patients color Guard tests and adults forty five to forty nine, if estimated based on a large clinical study of patients fifty and older, false positive and false negatives can curve Colordgard is available by prescription only. Thank you, ladies and gentlemen for joining us for another episode of Nightcap brought to you by boost Mobile. Visit your nearest boost Mobile store or Boostmobile dot com to join their nationwide five G network today. Y'all know me, I'm your favorite unk, Shanna Sharp, the Liberty City Legend, the Bengal Ring of Fame, Monal Read, the Pro Bowl of the All Pro that's Chad o Jo Sinko Johnson. Thank you guys for joining us as we watch the Lakers take down the Clippers again one O eight to one O two. And with that victory to the night and the loss by the Nuggets earlier today, the Lakers are not percentage points in the number two spot. Yeah, you heard me, The Lakers of the number two seed in the West. As we currently said today. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that light button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys for you'll continue support.
Speaker 3: We know we're a little late tonight, but we wanted to follow the Lakers game because we thought this would be a very interesting game and if they were to win, it would have implications. And they did win and now they're the number two seed in the West. Make sure you check out Shave by Laportier. We do have it, and stop if you can't find it any city or stay near you order it, wish have it directly to your door.
Speaker 2: Please drink responsibly and stay safe.
Speaker 3: Check out my media company on all of its platforms that Shayshay Media and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. We just dropped our Super Bowl Show shirts hat their bundle there. It is right there. The linker's pinned at the top of the chat. Supplies are limited and once they're gone, they're gone. The Lakers beat the Clippers for the second time in three days, one O eight to one O two to win the six for the sixteenth time in nineteen games.
Speaker 2: At thirty eight and twenty one.
Speaker 3: The Lakers moved past the Nuggets for the number two seed in the Western Conference. Since arning forty years old, Lebron James has the fourth highest three point percentage in the entire NBA. He didn't have a good night tonight. He struggled a little bit to night, especially with turnovers. But Luca was sensational. Uh Phinis Smith played outstanding defense. Duncan Connect came off the bench with five of eight from three. He had nineteen points and they win again. The Lakers are looking really good, o Joe.
Speaker 5: Hold on now when you say the Lakers are looking really good.
Speaker 6: Now, when I asked you earlier, when we talked about Luca coming to the Lakers, you said they didn't have enough pieces to make it out the West. Now you're saying the Lakers look good. Are you saying it look good with a chance that they can contend or this look good to finish off the season strong.
Speaker 2: They're gonna make the They're gonna make the playoffs.
Speaker 3: But when you get into the playoffs, you condense your bench, you're gonna only end up playing about eight guys. Tonight they played what they played nine guys, so you're gonna be very very limited. And you see they only have really Jackson Hayes. He's a big Jamison the third got in a little foul trouble and not really sure what he's supposed to do. The question is when they match up a team that has a big you know, okay, see, I don't really fear okay see, I know Shae is sensational. They got two All Stars with Jayalen Williams and say Shae Gill just they're gonna do what they do.
Speaker 2: But the problem that the problem that they're gonna have.
Speaker 3: Is that what Luca did to him last year, and Luke about it, got a better running mate, more comparable running mate, and Lebron.
Speaker 2: Do what he had with Kyrie.
Speaker 3: Now, what they were able to do last year was throw all those bigs at him. They have likely they had Daniel Gaffert. So it's gonna be very interesting. And we know what the Nuggets are. They got Nicola Jokic and you got to be able to neutralize him. Now, they did an unbelievable job the last time they played them.
Speaker 2: They swarmed them. Some guys struggle.
Speaker 3: Luca and Lebron were sensational and they ended up winning that game. But a lot goes into it when you to make it out because you gotta win. You gotta win what twelve games, yeah, to make it out of the West. Do I like their chances the matchups. It's all about matchups once you get here. Now, hopefully they don't get the Nuggets in the first round to build some momentum and then maybe meet them in the second round or the Western Conference finals. But I like the way the Lakers are player. I would have wish they had gotten a big but you got what you got right now.
Speaker 2: There are no more bigs available.
Speaker 3: You can't go to Walmart, you can't go to Kroger, order one off Amazon. You got what you got. But I like the way the Lakers are playing. They played really good defensively. Are They're getting after people, and they just got to stop turning the ball over. They had sixteen turnovers. Lebron and Luca had fourteen. Lebron had a Luca had six. They could have blown this game open in the first quarter, but it was the turnovers that kept the Clippers attached to it. Take clean that up, but I think JJ will take it. They're playing really good bass come out right now with yo minus to turn over. They're shooting the three ball well, they could shoot free throws a little better than fourteen to twenty to night high percentage from the field. They was almost fifty percent from the field. You could live with that. Offensive rebounds they were on the glass. They out rebounded of this team. But it's another good thing too. I like about the Lakers. Obviously the acquisition of getting Luca. So when when Lebron has a night like tonight where he's not on, then obviously you're not gonna have a night with both of Luca and Lebron aren't on and Luca Luca take take takes, the takes the brunt of the weight.
Speaker 5: Yes, twenty nine points, betweenty nine nine and six.
Speaker 3: Yep shot five or twelve. He's getting better from the three nine to thirty team from the field. Didn't shoot the free throw well, missed three free throws.
Speaker 5: So how long has it been back since he's been back from from injury? What's it about.
Speaker 2: It's probably about eleven of twelve games that he's been back the game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, that's enough time to get back in the them.
Speaker 5: There's enough time to get back in the rhythm.
Speaker 2: Are getting He's getting there.
Speaker 3: He's getting he's getting his legs back on him, he's getting get his conditioning back on him. You get in shape by playing whatever sport that is. You get in shape playing said sport.
Speaker 5: That's the only way to get in shape.
Speaker 2: Two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like the you know, I like the uh, you know, getting on the cardio and doing all the other stuff. But you don't play for you don't play football, basketball, or particular sport on the bike unless you're in the tour, and even in the tour of the front. They have to get out there and they have to put the roadwork in. They have to put those miles in when they go into the app UEV and all that getting on that there was the Champs. That's the finishing stages. Uh.
Speaker 2: But I like what I see with the Lakers. I really do.
Speaker 3: JJ Redick is doing an unbelievable job. He's definitely in the running for Coach of the Year. Uh if he doesn't get Kenny Atkinson. What he's doing with Cleveland is unbelievable. But I don't think anybody thought JJ would have this team where they are right now, thirty eight and twenty one, the number two seed in the Western Conference, playing really really good basketball. They're defending at a high level. The offense is really fluid except when they turn the down ball over. But the getting up threes. They're shooting a good percentage from the three point line. What almost forty three percent three percent nine eighteen of forty two. Had some really good looks that didn't go down. Lebron didn't shoot the three ball. Over the last couple of games. He's been shooting the three ball really well, but the night he struggled with the three ball. But that's what you got. You got a guy in Luca that is Lebron's off. Luca can carry the load. If Luca's off, Lebron can carry the load. But you're gonna need these contributors. Dorian phene smel I really liked what Vanderbilt came and gave us off the bench. He didn't shoot the three ball well, but he's offended at a high level, got it on the glass. He had what five offensive rebounds, nine total rebounds, one assist, two blocks. I like what I got from him. I love what I got from dal Connect even Shaq Shake. Milton came men and gave us a big gave us a couple of big minutes, so you can't really complain. You got forty almost forty points from your bench tonight. You could live with that. You could live with that getting forty points from your bench, knowing that you're gonna get somewhere around what forty five fifty from Lebron on a nightly basis. Then your other startership in. They remember you're playing without two starters. No Austar Reeds, no Ruin.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how long before Reeves come back?
Speaker 3: We don't know who's dealing with a calf injury. So they say it's day by day. It could be three or four days, it could be two or three weeks.
Speaker 2: You don't know.
Speaker 5: That's them soft tissue injuries. By dangerous boy.
Speaker 2: It is it is. But uh, I know, I like what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I wonder what they're saying now because there are a lot of people talking, Hey, willy people, I've seen Tomorrow Windhorse, Hey, Steven Day, get at your boy. We're gonna talk cause y'all had a whole lot to talk about. Oh the Lakers can't do nothing.
Speaker 2: Da da dah. That what happened? Now?
Speaker 5: You know they gonna you know what they gonna tell you. They're gonna tell you it was one game. That's what they're gonna say.
Speaker 2: Now, hold on this.
Speaker 6: They're gonna they're gonna tell you. They gonna tell you it was one game. And then they're gonna flip things to whatever. It was a seven game series. This and this and this and that and this is what would happen. But you notice when when the Lakers win is one game. If the Lakers lose, they just lost the series. I'm like, wait, wait a minute, it was I thought it was one game. Oh when, Oh, they can't beat the Clippers.
Speaker 3: The Clippers an't really Now Lebron got somebody to go ride shotgun with it?
Speaker 2: Boom, Now look at him? What now I'm feeling good? I don't know. Mike bring you have to bring the gold mask out of suck.
Speaker 5: You're gonna bring it out night?
Speaker 2: Maybe ass? You got it? Well, what you do with my mask? Yeah?
Speaker 3: As ass supposed to happen. She was supposed to order a new one. This is the best time to order him. It ain't Halloween. No, he got horns. I made the crowd on the crown. Yeah, I go. I go to Party City. Oh if Party City is still damn, I can't go there. The Party City gone? Now, Oh, I go what's you call him?
Speaker 2: I go to hold On. What's the other story they got? Oh?
Speaker 3: I go to Burger King and get a crown.
Speaker 2: The Burger King kind of got a crowd. I go there. I go there and get and get me a crown.
Speaker 3: But Lebron has been playing unbelievable since he's averaged almost thirty points a game nine and eight. Since turning forty, he's played extremely well.
Speaker 2: I just know this.
Speaker 3: With Luca taking him off the ball and you have Austin Reeves, who's another ball handler handler. Would I be surprised if Lebron played twenty four to twenty five seasons. No, not now, because you're not gonna worry him that they're not gonna wear him down.
Speaker 6: I'm down because reason reason, Luca takes so much pressure off him. Listen, it's no, it's no different than I hate to use. I hate to use this example. When you have a quarterback that has to rely on his receivers to do everything, and all of a sudden you get a running back. All of a sudden, you get a running back where all the pressure is taken away from the quarterback. Yep, same concept. It's the same thing. You mean to tell me, I can hand the ball off the sa Quon. Listen to sa Quon for for example. Yeah, we're over and over and I don't have to do much because he can take up most of the production. Hey cool, you mean I don't got to handle the ball. I can give it to Luca also, read could take it because he can create his own shot.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 6: Man, and I believe you actually with the way Lebron takes care of his body, the way he takes care of his body.
Speaker 5: He can't play another four, hell maybe maybe five. He might want to stretch it the same way Tom Brady did.
Speaker 2: I can see him playing twenty five seasons.
Speaker 3: I really can't because the way he's averaging twenty five, nine and eight right now for twenty five, eight and seven, I mean, think about it. I mean, he's playing at an all NBA level. I mean, are there ten players currently playing better than Lebron? I mean, you take Shaye, you take Janni's, you take a yoke? What are we talking here? Are we sure? Are we sure there are ten players currently playing? Because there's three all NBA teams, you know, two defensive end, three on the offensive end.
Speaker 2: Are we sure there are fifteen?
Speaker 3: There are ten players, let alone fifteen that are playing better than Lebron James is right now and for the season. Look at his numbers, Look at his team, because before y'all say he just putting up numbers in a losing effort. Now look at it. Second in the West, look at his numbers. Twenty four points, eight rebounds, eight assists.
Speaker 2: Are we sure?
Speaker 3: Are we sure players currently playing better than Lebron James let alone fifteen?
Speaker 2: We know they're not fifteen, but are there ten?
Speaker 5: They gonna find an argument.
Speaker 2: Enjoyed this.
Speaker 3: I don't believe you'll ever see a guy play this long and play at this level again.
Speaker 2: Now if just no, I just don't. I just don't.
Speaker 3: Now talking about Lakers peaking in March, if they were losing, it's one thing. Let them win. I mean, they just got looking for just got looking for a leven games. They need to get some continuity. Now you got you got Reeves out, you got Ruly out. It's hard, it's hard to try to because those are two of your starters.
Speaker 2: Yes, Phineas Smith came in, played extremely well tonight.
Speaker 3: Gabe Vincent didn't starting lineup, played well, three or six from the three point line, got a couple of rebounds. But I liked what I saw from the Lakers to night. There's nothing to h there's nothing really to be upset about. What Lebron James is not. What one point away from fifty thousand total points when you combine playoffs.
Speaker 2: And the postseason.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, okay, I was finna say he just gave me the forty thousand ball.
Speaker 5: He get the fifty that fast, ain't.
Speaker 3: Getting fifty that fast. No, I don't think it. Hopefully you enjoyed it. Hopefully you enjoy what you got an opportunity to watch and appreciate it instead of critique it and find out everything because we normally lead with what he doesn't do, well, well, he doesn't do this, and he doesn't do that, and he doesn't do that, instead of just like you know what appreciated here, I appreciate what you got, oh. Jim Robert Rri spoke about Lebron earlier today and said, if Lebron got the same cause as this JA, he would average thirty points a game and it'd be no question to MVP because so much better, physically, stronger lead. You make a vital mistake if you gave that to someone other than him as a right now, Look, they've been stopped because what they do O Joe is to say it's the same thing they did with shot.
Speaker 2: How do you officiate he's so big?
Speaker 3: That's not what JA Doctor James ma Smith when he instituted, he didn't say if a guy's bigger than the opponents.
Speaker 2: You you don't call files. If they filed and they filed him, call it most definitely.
Speaker 5: But they do take that into account they did just do.
Speaker 6: It's not fair obviously, and Robert Alreay is right, if they if they gave Lebron the call, did they give SG A he would, he would average thirty, he would.
Speaker 5: But again they take an account that Lebron is so much physically.
Speaker 6: Bigger than most, especially you know, especially those that that that's having to guard him. I get it in a sense, and it's not fair, but I totally understand where they're coming from when they.
Speaker 5: Do do that.
Speaker 6: You remember, I remember what they used to do with Cam Newton too, Remember, Yeah, sometime some of those calls, and now that's blatant, blatant foul. But because it's Cam Newton, because he's bigger, more imposing, Yeah, you never got him. Yeah, now in the pocket, I agree with you.
Speaker 3: But once you once you put that ball up onto your arm, yeah, you better t off on it. Because, oh Joe, if if the coach, the head coach in the offensive coordinator is not going to protect that guy, why should I?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, when you say it, when you put it like that, I got you.
Speaker 3: Hey, you run him on, you're running them on quarterback powers. You're pulling two cards and a fullback and running your quarterback on the power. Are you supposed to think I was supposed to lay him down. No, I'm gonna lay him out if I get a clean shot on it, right. Uh, But I don't believe. And even Lebron when he was at his peaking getting calls, he didn't go to the line like Shay Shaye go to the line twenty one time. He would have had seventy points if they if they would call files like James Hard used to go to the line. You remember James Harden had this stretcher, Chad, I know y'all know what you're talking about. When James Harden was going to the line to night like fifteen times a night. Yeah, Shade's going to the line like thirteen to sixteen times a night.
Speaker 2: You over there, Let Lebron go to the fire line that many times?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 6: Please, Hey, Shae Shaye aggressive. Shade is very aggressive too. Like he going he's literally going to the who that when when James Harden had that stretch, he was literally taking people out. No matter what, you know where I'm going, You're gonna have to stop it.
Speaker 3: Even yallis can you imagine can you imagine when Lebron. Man, what's the thing Lebron used to do? He used to deliver the.
Speaker 6: Pay hey Yannis as Janna's move work man. He do the same two moves every goddamn time.
Speaker 2: Every speed, Yeah, and they work every time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he is h He's gonna have to do like the thing is is that hopefully he's working on a contrary because he's not gonna always be this athletic. You see what Lebron did. Lebron developed that three point shot.
Speaker 5: Mm hm. You got to improve on other fasts of your game.
Speaker 3: We athletics at because the athletics say he's supremely athletic now, but Lebron and the Lakers are player well. Luca Lebron his last MVP season, he was like thirty. If I'm not mistaken, it was two thousand and two thirteen, it was twenty thirteen, because yeah, that was the second of the back to backs. He was averaging twenty six point eight. So he's averaged twenty seven points eight rebounds, seven assists. He shot a fifty six forty one seventy five. Right now he's since turning forty. Uh, he's twenty six point four eight rebounds, eight assists fifty five four twenty.
Speaker 2: Four to seventy six.
Speaker 3: So he's shooting better from the three, better from the free throw line, averaging more rebounds, more assists, and basically damn near the same amount one percentage.
Speaker 2: He's fifty six.
Speaker 3: Field goal percentage fifty five right now, he's playing. He's playing unbelievable. He does a great job of taking care of himself. It's really important to him. His wife allows him to do it. He ain't in his ear chirping about you need to come home. How much longer are you gonna play?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: You know, obviously you have to have someone really really supportive to play this length of time. Anytime you see someone play this length of time, their partner, significant other, whoever is that person is in their.
Speaker 2: Life or Joe, you have to sign on for that. Yeah, you have to.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's so that's so important.
Speaker 6: I don't think a lot of people understand what it takes, especially to the play as long to achieve that type of greatness, you know, and obviously having someone by your side with great understanding and having that same vision that you do, and the same success. Yes, not just success short term, but long term success on the field and off the field.
Speaker 5: So commendable, commend commendable, you know.
Speaker 6: To be to be able to find that because everybody's not able to It's hard, boy, it is especially after that before you make it. When you talking about you made it, I'm talking about before you make it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have to have under somebody had to understand, Ojo. Okay, this is what I'm trying to accomplish. I need you to hope because you got I mean, you can't have chaos in your personal life and think it's going to be serrendered on the court.
Speaker 2: O Joe. You got to have peace at home in order for you to have peace on the court.
Speaker 5: Say say sick, Say what you just said again, Say what you say, Say what you just saying again, for the people in the check. Even if you don't play a sport, If you don't play a sport, let's say your nine to five job.
Speaker 3: You gotta have. You got to have peace at home. You can't have chaos at home. You can't.
Speaker 5: And that's just and that's just on a smaller scale.
Speaker 6: Especially sometime they can't even get it right on the smaller scale.
Speaker 5: And we talk about want to do great.
Speaker 6: Things, like the example you're talking about if you can't do it, if you can't do it on the small on the small scale, how are you gonna do it on the grander scale.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because the thing is that an athlete's mind is is is his greatest muscle, is his greatest strength, and it needs to be free. He can't be thinking about having an argument with a significant other, he can't think about something that's going on out the field. And for the most part, the really great ones compartmentalized. But even if you're trying to compartmentalize on a few occasions, you know, maybe death in the family or something like that. But you try to try to compartmentalize every game for a year or for years that and it happened. It's really not. You really need peace. And you know, Savannah made it abundantly clear. She wanted to be she wanted to be a white she wanted to be a host wife, she wanted to take care of the home, take care of the kids, leron, do what you need to do on the court, and you know that's what you need. You see, he got he got lebron got got married early on mm hmm, locked it.
Speaker 2: Down, and people got people got mad, at me.
Speaker 3: What I said, I think the face of the league probably needs to be kind of locked down. If you go back and look at it, guys that have been to face of the league, have they been single? Steph Curry was married, Kobe Bryant, Kobe, Kobe got married. You got to realize Kobe got married early. Kobe wasn't the face of the league. Kobe got married early. Hey, bron got married, Steph Curry is married, Jordan is married.
Speaker 2: Magic and Michael, I mean Michael, Magic and Larry. So you go back doctor j.
Speaker 5: Hey, you think that's a pretty records.
Speaker 3: It's not a preregulasite. But what did people get so mad about Tiger about? Tiger got married, became the face of golf, and then when he did what he did, people got upset. Why because he was supposed to be the all American guy. He was supposed to be a family house pick of fence. Two point five kids.
Speaker 5: Okay, two point five said.
Speaker 3: That's that's what that's what they say. The average family have two point five kids like that, and they you know what I'm saying. It's just that's just the way it is. Yeah, I mean, listen, look at the quarterbacks been in the face of the league.
Speaker 2: Look at the quarterbacks. Name a single quarterback that's been.
Speaker 5: The face of the league, always, always.
Speaker 3: I just want to tell me, chat tell me the quarterback that's been the face of the league and he's been single. I wait, we go back, We can go. How far you want to go back? You want to go back to Johnny Niners? How far you want to go back? You want to go back Box Starr? You want to go with Roger Starback, you want to go to Montana, l Way Marino?
Speaker 2: Who you want to go to? Brady Manning. Let's trying to figure out you want to throw breathe in there? Who you want to go to? Hey, you want to go my home.
Speaker 3: I'm just I'm just trying to figure out where you want to go with it.
Speaker 5: It might it must be in the rule book or something. It must be somewhere in the rule book. You know, in order for you to have that greatness, you got to have that you know what, It's tough.
Speaker 6: Made right, and it's the it's it seemed like it's the standard for a reason. Look how far you just went back? And what is everybody have in common? What is the common denominator? A man who finding the good wife, find it a good thing.
Speaker 3: You know, in the last fifty years, the only guy that you could say was the face of the NFL.
Speaker 2: And then it wasn't married with probably Rogers Aaron, Yeah, but.
Speaker 6: He always had a spouse on the side without the ring. It was always somebody, I mean he was.
Speaker 7: He had uh Patrick, Denica Patrick, he had Lane Woodley yeah yeah, uh and then he had Olivia mund.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, oh yeah. Aaron Aaron, a Hey, Aaron had a nice little lineup now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I.
Speaker 3: Think the thing is like the NBA when you go back and study the n when the NBA the guys that have been the face of the league in my lifetime and I you know, I'm just going back, go back to doctor j and come forward. They've all they've all had, they've all been grounded, they've all with you know, people like that's a family man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's what it is.
Speaker 5: Funny how that works.
Speaker 2: Huh. Oh.
Speaker 3: Joe Lebron started a bit of a discourse on Friday when he spoke about not striving to be the face of the league.
Speaker 2: Let's take a listen to what Goat James had to say.
Speaker 1: I don't know when you go, why do you want to be the face of the league when all the all to put all the people that you know that cover our game and talk about our game or a day to day basis shit on everybody that responsibility. That's that's just weird. It's weird energy.
Speaker 2: I like that. I like it. I like it.
Speaker 6: But again, again, are you able to be the face of the league and deal with the scrutiny that comes with on the other side of the media. Can you not care the word I like to use and you use this time? Can you compartmentalize and separate the two still go out there and do what you need to do despite knowing with being the face of the league you got to be on twenty four seven? Are you gonna be on twenty four seven?
Speaker 5: Absolutely not. You're gonna have your knights. You're gonna have your knights. You gonna have your nights. You off, You're gonna have your night.
Speaker 6: You want your hides, your highs to be you want the percentage of your hiding to be much better than your loves?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well for sure, who want to deal with that? Though?
Speaker 6: On you think about it, lend Lebron is the right person to be able to talk about it because he'sna have pressure because.
Speaker 5: He came out of high school. Yes, he had to deal with it times ten more.
Speaker 6: Than anybody I could think of because of the expectations coming out of high school.
Speaker 3: But you know what the thing is, O Joe, is that, Look, that's not something a player says, I want to be the face that we get to determine that the media get to determine the face of the NBA. The fans get to determine the face of the NBA, not sayd player. That's not something Lebron is saying. I'm in the face of the NBA. That's not what Magic. That's not what Jordan, that's not what Bird, that's not what Kobe, That's not what Steph did.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: It's sustained excellence for the period of time and they won.
Speaker 2: It's a sustained excellence for a period of time.
Speaker 3: And you win just because you got a couple of highlights. That don't mean you about to be the face of the league. Nah, And look, I get it. You know it's like, well, Jason Tatum and Shade and it's just hard for me to see a foreign born player because this is an American sport. It's just hard for me to see Americans getting behind a non American athlete saying, you're the fates of our sport.
Speaker 2: But we'll see what happens.
Speaker 3: Well, when you look at Jah, you look at Aunt, you look at Tatum, and people like with Jason Tate.
Speaker 2: I like Jason Tatum.
Speaker 3: But people keep saying, well, hold on, we're sure Jason Tatum is the best player on his own team, because all I know Finals MVP with the Jaylen Brown. All I know is Eastern Conference Finals MVP with the Jaylen Brown.
Speaker 2: So are we certain?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: Because it can be no ambiguity.
Speaker 3: Kobe couldn't come to face of the league as the second best player on his team.
Speaker 2: Shaq had to leave in order for him to be that face.
Speaker 3: Right, Jordan was the best player on the team, Bird was the best player, Magic was the best player. Lebron is was the best player. Now it might have taken twenty two years for support you just to say, you know what, Lebron is the second best player. Now that he got a guy damn near ten years well, fourteen years younger than he is. Luca just turned twenty six the other day. But I mean Zion. Zion's gotta win. He's got to be on the court. So the guys that we can say, as far as American players.
Speaker 2: John and man.
Speaker 3: Zion, Jason Tatum, we'll see, Oh Joe, he elaborated the next morning, exactly made my point, made my point, but anyways, happy this converse convo has started. It ain't no face of the game, ain't no about one person on one show. It's about a culture of basketball. The beautiful game in the world, the most beautiful game in the world. Our game has never been been better. Incredible young stars from all over the world and some elder ones. Steph Curry, she'll be always talking about today. True man drop fifty six. We talked about it, Oh Joe. Let's discuss how great ok Seid the Cavs have been this season with two completely different styles and break down why and how they have. Of course, the players don't perform, We need to discuss that too, and break it and break that down. Even that can't be discussed in a way that's not bringing finality to a player's game, but leave room to see how the player responds. Unlet's watch the journey of that player. It ain't about me either. At this point, I really don't care what y've said about me. Always it's always some I think this is about the impact of negativity is having on our beautiful game and our fans. I know, to speak, a lot of my players, more importantly, a hell of a lot of great fans and truly love and celebrate the sport.
Speaker 2: Around the world buying the game. Mm hmm, what'd you think of out Joe?
Speaker 5: Damn, that's it. I'm trying to think.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: I mean, you look at it. It's I mean, the sports are about stories. What's the story? I mean, Shaye, I mean, we're about to have another foreign born MVP. Nothing more about to out fans from Canada. Yo kicks one three, Shane out from the crib, Shae from Canada, Shae from Canada.
Speaker 2: Yak. He just won three, y'all just won two Joel embiid.
Speaker 3: So it's been a while, so as we had an American born MVP, it's been a while. Look, he's right, the Calves, the Calves be getting up threes. Donovan Mitchell didn't play tonight, but they had Ta Jerome come in played unbelievable. Uh who else? Somebody else? I was watching the game. I was flipping back and forth. But they had to come from behind because they were down damn to the whole game in Portland, and they came back and ended up winning in overtime. But uh, they've been really good, and they were down the other night against Boston and found a way to win in Boston because Boston has had their number this year. Old Joe yea And as I mentioned earlier, Kenny Atkinson had those guys playing really, really well. I don't think he should have lost his job and in Brooklyn, but hey, you know, they got guys and they wanted to move in a different direction. And with that level of talent, when your jet aspirations are championship and you hire a guy like like Steve Nash, hey they did. But uh, look, if you're the face of anything too much as given much as required, Yeah, you're going to get a lot of benefits as far as advertising, dollars and sponsorship is gonna come your way. But you do heavy is the head that wears the crowd, and that's one of the pros of it. Now, let's last, Yes, DeAndre Hunter, that's the guy. They picked him up from Atlanta. I'm surprised, but Atlanta's like, hey, we're not going anywhere, so hey, let's let's offload.
Speaker 2: DeAndre Hunt can play.
Speaker 3: He was, he still cav but he ay, he should be six Men of the Year because he's balling him. He's averaging twenty off the bench.
Speaker 5: And then people laugh at me when I said I average twenty eight, twenty twelve and ten off the bench.
Speaker 3: No, you average twenty eight seconds off the bench. No, I'm just saying, you're getting straight. You're getting straight, You're getting straight. The game's out of hand.
Speaker 6: No, come on, absolutely not if Brother Hunter could do it. You know, what do you think I would do if if that was if that was my game?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Brother Hunter was my most outstanding player in the March Madness.
Speaker 5: Yeah that's not you, Okay, I just I was just throwing that out there.
Speaker 3: Okay, Jamie Foster the fizz Lebron's legacy. If he came up with a cure cancer, they would say, yeah, what about diabetes? Forty points over twenty years of play, carrying this bum ass lead on his shoulders ungrateful.
Speaker 6: No matter what you do, they're always find a way to down your greatness, no matter nobody nobody.
Speaker 2: Oh yo, I've covered.
Speaker 3: I followed this game for an extended period of time, and I go a ways back.
Speaker 2: Nobody in the history of sportsple.
Speaker 3: Other than Muhammad Ali when he did what he did, ever caught the vitriol.
Speaker 2: That this man did. Nobody go go back and look it up.
Speaker 3: Nobody has nobody. The man scores fifty. They said, well, Kobe would have got seventy, Jordan would have got eighty. The man give you a fifty point triple double. Again that team, y'all do realize a lot of these teams were in the league when Kobe played. But y'all, just y'all do realize h Job retired he was thirty six and thirty seven, thirty seven. Yeah, y'all remember what he looked like his last three years though. You were just gonna forget that. Okay, don't wait, we'll forget that. Don't even worry about it, Joe, we gonna forget that. Yes, do y'all remember about what Jordan looked like, and and and and in Washington, Washington, we just gonna get that.
Speaker 2: See, Oh that was that was just finishing up.
Speaker 3: Now, if they won a title, everybody would have spoken about the greatness of those two guys. Now, they didn't win the title, didn't come close to winning a title. I heard when Lebron first got to l a all he can't. He came to be Michael B.
Speaker 2: Jordan. He came to be a movie star. Now he's been all.
Speaker 3: NBA since he's been here, he's won a title, he's been MVP of the Finals, and they still won't give no credit.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: I ain't got no problem giving people credit. If you play good, I'm gonna say you play good. If you play bad, I'm gonna say.
Speaker 2: That too, y'all.
Speaker 5: You always been failing.
Speaker 3: But listen, But that's the luxury, that's the love you by having your own platform. That's the luxury of being in a situation. Hey, everybody knows how I feel about Lebron, But if he plays bad, I don't have a problem saying that. Same thing with my home, same thing with Kelsey. But see, I like it because they say I criticized that. When I criticized Josh Shallen, they say I'm racist. If I criticize Lamar, they say I don't like black. So I'm doing pretty good job, won't your So I'm getting on both sides. You know I'm doing it right down in the middle bed and you're.
Speaker 5: Right when you listen, you fail. You're feeling everybody get the same treatment.
Speaker 2: This is it now.
Speaker 3: I don't hear anybody said when Lamar was coming out. I say, I don't care what they say. Lamar, don't you take your ass to receive it. Don't do no receiver drills. Don't do no dB drills. You are a quarterback, go play quarterback. And then if you can't make it of a quarterback, say you know what, I can't play quarterback.
Speaker 2: Let me go ahead on I'll go to wide receiver.
Speaker 3: But don't you I'm not running no drills at no wide receiver because I've been a quarterback. Even when he struggled, I was supportive. But if he plays bad, and I said, well, Lamar didn't play well today. He's got to do a better job of taking care of the football. Why are you didn't bro? So what am I supposed to say? If Lamar plays bad? I just want you all to tell me what am I supposed to say?
Speaker 2: Cause Brady played bad? I said that, when Peyton played bad.
Speaker 3: I said that when Romo and Breeze and Dyk and whomever else when they play bad, you looking at it too. The only difference is I get to tell you, says look, in a situation like this, why would he throw the ball into that coverage when you know it's this coverage and you know you got you're supposed to go elsewhere with the ball.
Speaker 2: I ain't got no action to grind. I ain't jealous.
Speaker 3: I had an okay career O Joe old Sealer's round draft pick, made it all the way to the High Pro Bowls, all Pro Soup Bowls, all, So why I'm just trying to figure out people saying you be jealous of what y'all basal seemed like I was a special teams guy.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 3: I started out those special teams on joke. Let it tell you to tackle wishoes on pump return. I had something for you too. Who I bet you can't sit on no branch and turn your head around.
Speaker 2: You You, that's who.
Speaker 3: Were you scared to catch the puns? You scared to get back there? I ain't even worried about you back there. You doing an awful lot of hoo in tonight.
Speaker 6: Are you keep forgetting with my rookie yet? My rookie, and my first and second season, I was a wedge buster.
Speaker 2: And you keep talking about me being scared of your bedge buster. You ain't no wed You too light to be a wedge buster. Get your neck broke?
Speaker 5: Huh you do realize?
Speaker 6: Okay, listen, I don't want to get off topic, but I was a wedge buster. Ass asked my teammates. Hey, I'm sure you know some of my teammates as a rookie when I came in, who the wedge buster was?
Speaker 3: Not?
Speaker 2: You? All right?
Speaker 3: Because back then the wedge with one thousand pounds, they had three man wedges.
Speaker 2: I know how much it. Well, you ain't hitting No. Three. First of all, you ran in the ray at two forty five. It collapse like a deck of cards. Time out.
Speaker 5: You saw me running the ray and trip off my shoe strings.
Speaker 2: But you know I didn't see that. No, I didn't see that. I did not see that.
Speaker 3: So I can imagine if you chat, y'all think he ran in the ray at two forty five and collapse.
Speaker 2: You think he gonna run into a thousand pound ra wedge.
Speaker 5: You understand physics, the laws of physics. I understand it. I was a math major.
Speaker 6: I was an econ major, so I understood what angles I need to take on the wedge and to effect what they did regardless of sides.
Speaker 3: O Jo, he's ojo. You do realize the wedge back then you had. I mean it was like d Lineman and offensive Lineman. So you're dealing with three thirty three forty run.
Speaker 2: I was there.
Speaker 5: You're sitting there telling me like like I was there.
Speaker 2: I'm the one running. I'm the one running into it. What do you want to tape? I want to see some tape for you busting the wage.
Speaker 3: Sy that shows add labo Now I ain't gonna ask him about that tape like you tell me you want to take from when I dropped fifty two or when I have average thirty you want to take. I ain't seen no tape yet. I want to see tape for you busting the wage. Now, there's pull some tape for you. I could get some tape for you me on special teams if you want it.
Speaker 5: And I'm I had, I might have NFL films pulling for you so you can see it if.
Speaker 3: You if you want me, if you want me to pull some tape for me making tackles those special team Oh, kickoff, oh punt?
Speaker 2: I was a gunner. You want to see me making tackle? I do that? O joe? Okay.
Speaker 5: A man asked Daily's Tomas about me.
Speaker 2: Man, tell you you weren't. First of all, you wasn't on No, you wasn't on no special team when Ad was playing. Yeah, I what he was the gunner? Man? Would you try to eat you know? That was the gunner? Huh?
Speaker 6: I know Fast was the gunner. Yes, yes, and that who any thing was, I was on him. I still played special teams even then.
Speaker 2: So you was a jammer. Yes.
Speaker 5: In my prime, I listened, I was, I was good.
Speaker 2: I was everywhere.
Speaker 3: Jimmy Butler has been sued for allegedly failing to pay two hundred and sixty thousand.
Speaker 2: In rent and lit and leaving behind more than one hundred.
Speaker 3: And twenty seven thousand dollars in damages related to a luxury home he leased in Miami Beach. In the suit, the plaintiff contended Butler failed to pay two months of rent at one hundred and thirty thousand per month for the property.
Speaker 2: Damn. Oh oh. The lawsuit, oh oh, joe, one hundred and thirty per month.
Speaker 3: The lawsuit also alleges that Butler chased the looks and would lulocke excuse me, and would not give the key to the property owner, keeping maintenance workers from entering the home. Butler also is alleged to have failed to maintain the swimming pool, the air conditioning, and leadland a ladder, leave it and leading to an extensive mold that require replacement of the ceiling floors on the property. A hundred hold on one hundred and thirty thousand dollars a month. I'm trying to think, how much is that? That's like a twenty five That's like a twenty five million dollar.
Speaker 5: Home, won't Joe, Oh, I'm listen, listen, hold on?
Speaker 2: How much? How much? Hold on?
Speaker 3: How you paying? How you paying one hundred and thirty thousand dollars a month on a ten million dollar home? A ten million dollars all at home only supposed to charge you about forty thousand and forty five thousand a month.
Speaker 6: The fact that you even know the numbers and how much it should cost that lets me know. I'm out of y'all. That's that's out of y'all, out of my range, y'all out of my range.
Speaker 5: I mean, the numbers, you the numbers.
Speaker 6: You're even saying it's too much because and I can see it, I got it, but it's it's not it's not it's not connecting one hundred and thirty who a month ever.
Speaker 5: Ever, I don't care what it is. Ten million dollars home for what?
Speaker 6: Because I murdered Because I play in the NBA, right, because I make a certain amount of money.
Speaker 5: That means my lifestyle has to has to match.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but Jimmy, I don't know why Jimmy just didn't buy He didn't. I don't know why Jimmy didn't buy a place because he period of time.
Speaker 2: You know, he knows he wasn't.
Speaker 5: He won't want to live here.
Speaker 2: It's not his home state. Yeah, that's one point five that's all. That's one point that's one point five million, oh you know.
Speaker 5: And if that's I mean, that's a drop in the bucket for something for for them, for them, for them dudes.
Speaker 2: But that's besides the point.
Speaker 3: The point is O Joe, he's paying that much in rent for a place that he's sending somebody, He's paying for somebody else vacation home. Right, He's paying for somebody else kids to go to private school.
Speaker 2: And nice college.
Speaker 3: Right, one point five million on a ten million dollar home. That's crazy, and that is absolutely that's his bonkers.
Speaker 5: Hey, remember what kind of money they make on They make money?
Speaker 3: Yes, I get that, but just because you make a few money, I'm trying to let do. I'm trying to figure out what financial advisor let him spend one point five million on a house that's only value a ten million.
Speaker 2: That's my point.
Speaker 3: Damn if you got it, if you got a financial person, ain't no financial person in their right mind would let their client do that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that's.
Speaker 2: Listen. I ain't tell you.
Speaker 3: I'm because I mean, I mean, what do you having financial visor for?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: Maybe they did tell him and he didn't listen because, like you said, he's making that money.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Me, what's the point of having a financial advisor if I'm not gonna take his advice?
Speaker 6: And what if the financial advisor didn't even say anything because he wants to continue to remain his financial advisor.
Speaker 5: If you know what I mean? Yeah, Hey, that's God one hundred and thirty eight. Man, I'm still trying to wrap my head around at Yeah, but every month you hear me, boy.
Speaker 2: Stop playing what Jesus added up? That's got to be that's got to be a third?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: What's the interest rate?
Speaker 3: Can I put in the Google of forty nine? If I put two million dollars down on a forty million dollar home, what would be my monthly what would be my monthly payments? Because hey, this is freaking.
Speaker 2: Me out, o Joe.
Speaker 5: Now, just the number, the numbers being at high, as the numbers being at high in general, it just doesn't sit right with.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah you put no, say you put down ten percent. You gotta put down ten percent in the house, right, okay? Putting down four million, so that's thirty okay, So how much is the monthly payments?
Speaker 2: And what's what's interest? Huh?
Speaker 3: Two hundred and twenty thousand? Okay, okay, five percent interest rate? So come down to twenty five million. So you're putting down two point five million. H don't tell me? One thirty seven a month for a twenty five million dollars dollars for a twenty five million dollar home. If you put ten percent down, which is two point five million, would come to one thirty seven, one hundred and thirty seven thousand, dollars a month.
Speaker 5: Oh so that means Jimmy must have been on Star Island.
Speaker 2: Then, I don't know where it was.
Speaker 3: All I'm saying is with that kind of money that you're paying out monthly, I know. I don't ask me how I know, but.
Speaker 6: I know, twenty five million dollars home. It's only so many twenty five million dollar homes corel Gables, Star Island, he's sayings in Miami Beach. Yeah, so that's that's definitely. It gotta be startling that that's the only place. And obviously you're not paying for the house you're paying for you're paying for the location.
Speaker 2: Location, you sit real estate? What is real estate? O Joe? Location, location, location.
Speaker 5: That's it, that's all.
Speaker 7: That's it.
Speaker 6: Now you can get the same house that's twenty five men in Miami Beach, and you could be in Houston.
Speaker 5: And get it for five million.
Speaker 3: Yes, boy, do you do you know how much house you could get in in Houston or Vegas or or Tennis yet?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, crazy man.
Speaker 3: You'd have to have listen, you'd have to have like maide service like they got at the hotel.
Speaker 5: To clean that cleans.
Speaker 3: Talk about fifty thousands hold on holy Field Building, Holyfield House, the one Ross got.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fifty plus thousand square feet. He builds that for like ten million dollars. That's it. Yes, it's jo enormous, huge, huge.
Speaker 5: You said, I much grasp you got a baby full baseball field, Olympic sized swimming pool. Different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I I'm one hundred and thirty thousand of the month.
Speaker 8: No, hell no, no, I can't. I can't do that, not even if I got the money. Oh Joe, Yeah, listen, you're talking to that. You're talking to the choir, Gospel mash Man, please.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe. Giovanni.
Speaker 3: Tank Davis eskape Barclays Center on Saturday night with a majority draw against Lamart Roach. The thirty year old Davis, who was undefeated and was heavy favorite, took it in the middle of the night round before retreating towards corner of remember to wipe his face with a towel. The unusual move, essentially at time out, should have been assessed the knockdown, and Steve Wilson appeared to begin the ten count, but willis dead can be heard on the broadcasts telling Davis, you take a knee like that, it looks like a knockdown had a fight continue without Roach being credited with knocking Davis down.
Speaker 2: David said during the post.
Speaker 3: Fight interview in the ring that he got a hair He got his hair done Thursday and the grief from the hair was burning his eyes. Hairstylist denies putting a lot of grease on the hair, especially I did his hair Wednesday. It's saturday. He did press, Jim Wade, that's not an excuse. How much grease did How much grease did I use?
Speaker 2: Damn? You're like, oh, you evenna mess on my business?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you got you got Listen.
Speaker 6: He had to be careful with that with that answer, because obviously, because she's the one that does his hair, her clientele is shot up because she's the one that does his Here. Now you come out and say something like that, you're the reason why. Now that's gonna mess up business up. So she got to come out and defend herself absolutely right away. She has to n Obviously, watching the fight, watching the punch, I don't think I think he's surprising. I think he's surprising with the punch and hit him in the wrong spot, the wrong place, and the court him by surprise, and he called him to go down.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, I'm honest, wrote Yeah, Roach Rose caught him by surprise.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 2: I didn't see. I didn't think he got hit. You don't think I got hit. I don't think so.
Speaker 3: But regardless, when you take a knee, if you go back and look at deployed Mayweather Fronk Cruise, I think what was in two thousand and one, and he hit him on the button and he hit hurt his hand and he took a knee and it started.
Speaker 2: He's like, no, you can't take a knee.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so if they give it, if they if they take if they give him that point, he wins the fight.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he wins the fight. Hey, un Hey, listen, them boys were going at it. Boy, them boys were.
Speaker 2: Going at it.
Speaker 5: I think that there was there was It was a part that that I really enjoyed.
Speaker 6: Obviously, you know, boxing is about, you know, moving around, and there was a point where tanking roachs decided, know what we tied right now, we're fin the city here in the pocket and we fin the bang.
Speaker 5: Man, I mean, just exchange for them. Boy was throwing boy.
Speaker 2: Roach didn't back down at all at all.
Speaker 6: And did you see the size difference in the ring. Obviously obviously Roach being you know, being being being the bigger man.
Speaker 3: But Roach came up. Roach normally fights at one thirty. He came up to one thirty five. What Dad, what they look huge in the ring?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Either either way, listen, they got they got to rematch. They got to rematch. And that dog that that fight was good.
Speaker 6: And obviously a lot of people, I've seen a lot of boxes come out and say, you know, Tank lost lost that fight.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 5: I think the fight was good.
Speaker 6: I think when I when I look at the scorecard, I think maybe going into round seven, maybe seven or eight, maybe maybe seven, I think Tank was up on the scorecard.
Speaker 2: Uh for that matter.
Speaker 6: But Lamont Rose had always been good. He had always been good, and he was the right He had the right style. The styles make fights, and lamont roaches style made that fight what it is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what it is? It's uh.
Speaker 5: And he made no mistakes too all night.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean look.
Speaker 9: He did with a good couple of good shots. Yeah, but he moved hey and he started countering. Yeah, he was carrying right back, right back, right back.
Speaker 3: Straight right through the guard through a south fall. Because that's what tank is a south fall fighter. Hey, that job, and he kept him up off if he didn't back down, and you know normally tanks starts.
Speaker 2: Slow comes on. Yeah, I'm here to state. Yeah, he said, I'm here for a long time and a good time. I ain't go no where.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure what kind of conditioning La Montrose did, but whatever it is, I salute him because everyone else at some point past round seven.
Speaker 5: You know, normally when fighting fighting tank they die down.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they volume of punching decreases, you know where everybody gets tired after round seven and all. But but his condition was was up the part of they they they went, they went to war all twelve rounds.
Speaker 5: That was a really.
Speaker 3: Me.
Speaker 2: I thought Roach wanted to fight. I did, Joe.
Speaker 5: If they count that knockdown, yes, I thought even.
Speaker 2: Without the knockdown, I thought he wonted. Look, I thought he had.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, I know Tank laying the punches, but because he was Roach was the more aggressive fighter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean being an aggressive fighter. Did you see that? Did you see the scorecard though you go.
Speaker 2: To the country, Yeah, they showed the scorecards.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I mean it's it's ah, it's tough, it's tough. Listen, a great fight from both fighters. Now to me fight next. I would like to see them rematch at some point. I'm not sure if that's in in in the foreseeing your future. I mean it should be obviously if it was the draw, I would love to see.
Speaker 2: Taking What did the numbers say?
Speaker 3: The pay per view numbers is going to tell you if people want to see a rematch, because if they came out and bought the fight, yeah, they're gonna rematch.
Speaker 2: If they didn't do the numbers, don't your know.
Speaker 5: I think I think he did the numbers. I think I think it definitely did the numbers. I mean, listen, it's it's tank the draw.
Speaker 2: He's a draw.
Speaker 5: They coming to watch, they come to watch. I mean, I listen, I can't I'm excited. I can't wait to see him, see him fight Chacour.
Speaker 2: But everybody had a lot to say. Shakur had a lot to say, Uh, what's the name?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Uh had a lot to say, Bud had a lot to say. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But I think you do realize, oh Joe, what this does is that it gives us fighters like because everybody knows Uh Tan't got power. Now they're like Okay, I want to fight it. She court like, okay, let's make this fight happen. He talked about Bud. Look Budd looking at Canelo. Buddy ain't looking, Budd, ain't looking to drop no weight, he ain't. Nobody want the only fight Bud can make it's Canelo right now. That's a big jump to go three three weight.
Speaker 5: Classes, huge jump, that's huge.
Speaker 2: I mean, normally somebody go a weight class maybe two.
Speaker 3: Because uh Jones, Roy Jones, Yeah, Royd was super middle but Roy was fighting at was fighting at UH light heavy.
Speaker 2: Joey went up from cruiser to UH to heavy heavy.
Speaker 5: Yep, but that's gonna be a good win though, That's gonna be a good I mean, but.
Speaker 3: I just I thought, Tank, when you know you got to the middle round, don't you You got it around like four and five, are like.
Speaker 2: Okay, here come Tank, Yeah, come Tank.
Speaker 6: You know he steps on the gas at the round four. You normally steps on the gas that comes forward in general. But also you got to understand at this level of elite boxing like that, you got to be careful, especially when you're exchanging one shot where you're gone. Yeah, listen, one shot and you're gone, so us as fans watching from the outside looking in, you know you want you want them to just get in there and just throw it just but it's a chess match.
Speaker 5: You got to be careful. You make one mistake, you going to sleep.
Speaker 3: Mhm, You going to sleep with the little guys. What they do is they put but see that's they can put. They put punches together. You know, you go up a weight class, them the one that turn the lights out with one fight. Now still even at the smaller weight class, they catch you with a punch. You don't see they can turn your lights out as a rap, Yeah they can't. You throwing a punch, You throwing one and they and they get through quick or the one here to quit of the overhand that you don't see until it's too late, or the upper cut that you never see because it's coming from the blind spot blind spot. So that's why you know, you look at Tyson. Tyson was always to the body. He coming through, He coming through the guard, He coming through the guard. Tyson's gonna bang the body. You know it's gonna come. You know what's coming. Stop it if you can.
Speaker 2: But uh, it was, it was. It was a good fight out Joe. I mean no, I don't normally pay pay for fights, but I say, you.
Speaker 3: Know what Lemon see was really going on, because I know we're gonna talk about it, and I wanted to see see Tank.
Speaker 2: I want to see a rote tank.
Speaker 3: Betting to bed him quarter of a male that he's gonna get him out of there. Road say no, you won't. So it's gonna be interesting to see if they have a rematch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have to. But look, there's enough fighters in that class.
Speaker 3: You got lo Machenko, you got Shakour, you got Hani, you got Garcia, you got Tank, you got Roach.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, make me damn fights. Apple, stop ducking and dodge at each other.
Speaker 5: What the They got some good ones coming up.
Speaker 6: Now there's a whole car with T O t O, Ryan Garcia and Devin Haney coming up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a whole card.
Speaker 2: No, they shouldn't be fighting each other.
Speaker 3: See, that's why people don't give the credit because you remember back in the eighty when they had the four Kings, Hearns fout Leonard, he fought Hadler, he fought Duran. Duran fought those guys, and then you've crowded the fifth horsemen. You had Irad Barkley. Those guys fight. Go back and look at the seventies and you look at the heavyweights when you had Norton, you had Fraser, you had Foreman, you had.
Speaker 2: Ernie Shavers, you had all those guys. They fought, right.
Speaker 3: I love, but I hate what Floyd did to the game of boxing because everybody's trying to protect that. Oh ain't nobody wanna take no chances because they feel they feel not if I take a chance, I lose. Oh yo, my career, bro, stop it.
Speaker 6: For Floyd Floyd, for everybody, Floyd Floyd, for everybody on his term. This is the point when you're winning like that, you get to call your shot on your turn.
Speaker 3: Everybody ain't gonna be Floyd. Even if you end up undefeated, you not gonna be Floyd. Yeah, that's what they're thinking.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to think. Then all the fights, like all the all the fights too. Obviously you want to see all the fighters fight each other, but also they have to keep building it up to maximize the person which they can get. You can't just fight just to fight just because everybody want to see you fight. You gotta wait, you gotta build it up. You gotta get some fights in. You gotta crease some type of chaos, some type of the goddamn turmoil.
Speaker 3: Machinko is done enough, suld course, Stevens has done enough that they should be able to get in the ring with DeVante, with Javonte.
Speaker 5: Hey, it's not that easy, though, it ain't. It ain't that easy.
Speaker 6: I mean the way the way you said, you know, for us on outside looking in, like forget it, make it happen. But the money got to be right, the money.
Speaker 2: Right, O Joe. This is what camel. This is what guys do.
Speaker 3: Instead of taking a risk at twenty million, They rather to fight somebody they know they can beat for tea in. That's how they do it it, O Yoe. Yeah, people see what they're doing. That's why UFC has surpassed them because they know why. It ain't let you dunk nobody and they ain't got And see you got the w b A, you got the ring magazine, the w b O, the Eye Up, the the I b F, you got all these uniforisation in bodies right, you got too many belts, man, fight.
Speaker 2: What you're getting the sport for. I mean, just think about, O Joe. If sports.
Speaker 3: If if sports was really like that, you know what, you know, can't say like, nah, we don't want to play Philly, y'all send somebody else to the super Bowl over that.
Speaker 6: Hey, that's that's like you gotta doing it ducking. I like you to put it that way for un you gotta understand. But at that level, at the elite level, you have to be careful. You have to build your resume that you want to maximize the.
Speaker 3: Low pez don't have the resume to be able to fight take yeah yeah, yeah, okay, So what you're saying, build a resume So he don't have a resume right now that's impeccable enough to fight it.
Speaker 2: What about Chris Stevens? Get the record ain't good enough?
Speaker 5: But again we talked about purse. You got to think about how they thinking. They think about that bag, they think about that money.
Speaker 6: I don't want to fight you right now because financially it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 5: It doesn't, It doesn't.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: All I'm saying is, man, you gotta fight what people loved about sugar rate. This is why boxers today don't get the love of and the addulation that the old guys because they foult oh Joe.
Speaker 5: Yeah for for for no for no money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but look can look at it.
Speaker 5: They are prize fighters, that's what they are.
Speaker 2: Yes, we can.
Speaker 6: We could want them to fight as much as you want. But I'm telling you what it comes down to. What is my purse looking like.
Speaker 2: Joe, the time park looking like? Because you not fighting nobody.
Speaker 3: They're not getting no one million dollars, They're not getting a million buys, they're not getting one point five million buys like Floyd.
Speaker 2: So stop trying to think that you're gonna be Floyd.
Speaker 5: Oh I see what you mean.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, well you ain't gonna never be that because everybody, everybody was tuning in to watch Floyd lose.
Speaker 5: There's a difference. That's how I even got to that point.
Speaker 3: But look at Tyson. I mean, go back, go back and look at those guys. Those guys fault. You gotta fight, oh, tr At the end of the day, you gotta fight, You gotta fight. I want you to get your money, but you ain't. Nobody gonna be tuning in to watch you, watch you box.
Speaker 2: Somebody. They want to see you.
Speaker 3: They want to see low pez in your cour they want to see a tank in your cour Or Low Pez.
Speaker 5: Hevin Hany, Ryan Garcia.
Speaker 2: They want to see.
Speaker 6: All those are great matches. But again, well is it so hard? I said, I see some people in the check and playing and start making excuses why it is so hard to get fights? Why do you think people don't want to see contracts? And when they do send the contract they look at it be like, I ain't fucking sign that shit. You't can be paying me. It all comes down to one thing. At the end of god damn day, No matter what y'all say in the chat, I ain't making no no excuses. The person ain't where.
Speaker 2: It need to be.
Speaker 3: Why the person do where we need to be because they don't want to see them jump to fight nobody. They want to see them fight the best and the person will be there. I'm not paying you no twenty five million to fight some guy that got that's thirteen and five and you twenty seventy zero. How do you think we would not hold Sugar Ray into regards had Sugar Ray not fought who he fought, he fought with me Tis he fought Hagler, he fought Hearns, he fought d Rad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it's different fought.
Speaker 2: Hearns Hagler. They fought. You talked about the in the eighties, the Four Kings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go back and look at the Sevanies and look at those guys they fought. Yeah, Foreman, Ali, Fraser, Norton, Shavers, Uh, uh what's the uh the other guy there's another guy that George Foreman just went and they went like eight round. But they were just it wasn't It wasn't aesthetically pleasing. Yeah, o cho, they were throwing atomic bombs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, isn't that trying to kill each other?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I'm speaking.
Speaker 6: You have to think about it too. Now when I'm sitting here talking, I'm listening to people in the chat. But then you got to think about I'm in camp with some of these folks. Man, I'm listening to the conversations. I'm in there literally you know why certain fights are getting made.
Speaker 5: I may never boots.
Speaker 6: I've been in never Kler plant benefit there is. I'd have been in the camp with Tank the same I'd have been in the camp with Shakur. It's the same conversation, the same thing over and over. So when I'm saying stuff like this, people say I'm making it. No I'm not making excuses. I'm sitting there listening with my own two ears. I'm listening with the issues are, well, we can't make this fight because the money ain't what it should be. And why am I getting in risking myself or risking the al or oh or whatever it may be for every case, because.
Speaker 2: You're in the fight game. Why get in the fight game? Every time you step in the ring, there's a chance, there's.
Speaker 5: A chance, there's always a punchers chance. But I'm still telling you what it is. I mean, I'm just saying.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, man, look here until they start. And that's why people, the people that stop watching it. You gotta go all the way on the Saudis. Uh.
Speaker 2: They trying to make a fight.
Speaker 3: They making fights in Saudi and in Dubai because I think you wanna fight over here.
Speaker 2: Fight mm hmm.
Speaker 5: It's so funny I see people in the chat. I'm lying. I mean, it is, what's well documented. Everything I'm saying. All you got to do is just type it in.
Speaker 2: Is there.
Speaker 5: Anyway AnyWho? It's all good man.
Speaker 2: I just hey, I just want to see a fight. I just want to see good fights. Give me that. Hey, oh, Joe man, you look, I done been in the prize fights. Ain't nothing like it?
Speaker 3: No, oh man, da ain't no. I mean when the last time we had a I mean we got to go back to h with blood fault Earl Smith junr.
Speaker 2: Whoa that was nice.
Speaker 3: Yes, I don't going to going to see Tyson fight. Ain't nothing like a heavyweight now. Oh no, boy, Tyson back of his pride.
Speaker 5: Everybody came out, the world stopped you hear me.
Speaker 3: But you better not go to the bathroom room an get concession because you're gonna be missing.
Speaker 2: You wrote your ass back to your seat.
Speaker 5: You're gonna miss the fight.
Speaker 3: Oh you missed it. You just spent ten grand for nothing. Oh yeah, but I want to see these guys fight. I think that I think that the chat Water Seal fight too.
Speaker 1: The volume