Speaker 1: Your kids haven't lost any teeth yet, right, because they're too young at this point.
Speaker 2: No, but we have been to the dentist and Monroe loves the dentist.
Speaker 1: Really, Yes, she loves it.
Speaker 3: She loves it.
Speaker 2: We've gone a few times now. She gets excited, they get hurt, they give a little treat. It's so much better than when we were kids. She's got a flat screen above her. She's watching her favorite like Disney movies. Whatever she ate. She is chilling and loves it. She has not luckily had any cavities or anything like that.
Speaker 1: So good.
Speaker 3: I could change eventually.
Speaker 2: But yeah, she loves it. And I have always hated the dentist.
Speaker 1: Oh my kid dentist growing up was awesome. His name was doctor Roth in Connecticut. He always had his shirt wide open with just this man via hair.
Speaker 3: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: And then they had the like the gold chains hanging down. He was tan in the middle of winter. He was like, hey, I'm doctor Roth.
Speaker 4: He was that guy.
Speaker 1: Oh it was nice, so funny. Uh, but yeah, you're you're child loving the dentist. But I guess if you got TV and treats. Yeah, she's different.
Speaker 2: She gets a balloon. She gets to pick two treats at the end, like she's living life and yeah, you know, like I said, we have only had cleanings and all good check ups so far, which is great since she's sore. But yeah, it could change, but so far, I'm glad so far. So I don't know what I'll do when she has anxiety about it, because Mom's right there with her anxious says, hell if.
Speaker 1: I get, if they give me gas, I don't care. Do whatever you want. Keep me in this chair all day long that I know you gotta hunt, you gotta find one. I'll just bring my own gas. I just do whippets in the parking lot. It's fine. But yeah, no, it's uho, it is rough. You know you know what else was rough? Yeah, well we'll get into it anyway. Well, welcome back to Magical Rewind, the show that makes you want to grab your friends, your pjs, and your popcorn and go back to a time when all the houses were smart, the waves, tsunamis, and the high School's musical. I'm Wilford Dell.
Speaker 3: And I'm Sabrina Brian.
Speaker 1: Well, let's start at the molars, travel down to the Canines, and end up at the bi cuspids because we're recapping nineteen ninety seven's Wonderful World of Disney entry Toothless, no doubt the only Disney Channel movie to revolve around the profession of dentistry. Toothless first air at October seventh, nineteen ninety seven, on ABC, and like many of the movies that aired on network TV at the time, it was composed of some very familiar faces in the cast. We already talked about whether you're afraid of the dentist terrified? Okay?
Speaker 2: And it's embarrassing as an adult, how much anxiety I have about it?
Speaker 1: No, that's okay. Some people that it's doctors and dentists that's their thing. It's like me and flying. I fly all the time and I hate it every single time.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh well, and a Sabrina vaguely remembered last recap. Toothless does involve a Hall of Fame TV star as the tooth Fairy, But what did you remember? It's a rare entry into the Disney lexicon that deals with death. Yes, death right from right, right, Let's start right, and that's Susie H. Wheelhouse. We all know and love, one of her old of Disney presents dead. Yeah, isn't that wild.
Speaker 3: It's it's deep.
Speaker 2: It gets deep real fast.
Speaker 1: I don't know if deep's the right word I would use again.
Speaker 3: I mean, your dad is it's crazy.
Speaker 2: You know, her mom's not dealing with it well already from the beginning, and.
Speaker 3: She is a weird little girl, like she's just there's death.
Speaker 1: All over this movie. This is I mean, it's it's really strange. By the way, when your kids do lose their teeth, what's inflation? Now? What's a kid going to get further tooth?
Speaker 3: You know, I've been asking around. I do think we are still like a good two years away from doing this. But my sister gives her kids twenty five dollars.
Speaker 2: Why wait what I that's insane, Like is that twenty five dollars going towards their braces? Like that's putting that in a bank account.
Speaker 1: I was just if I was her kid, I would just sit in the garage with a hammer and knock all my teeth out. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I cannot understand it.
Speaker 2: I mean, twenty five five dollars, you know what? And this is not my sister's case. I've asked my friend Stephanie because her daughter is right in the midst of like I mean, she seems like she's just popping teeth out constantly, and she goes. You know, it's crazy because we'll remember at the end of the night and my husband and I are just going like, what do you got? What you got because she's like, we never get cash, so she said half twenty dollars before my god, I think I got. I want to say, like a dollar was maybe maybe two.
Speaker 1: Dollars, me too.
Speaker 2: Can't even imagine a friend getting three dollars growing up a fiver I.
Speaker 1: Would that never would have happened. I think I got a bucket.
Speaker 2: I do think that nowadays it depends on what you got in your wallet because no one has cash anymore.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, yeah, you have to check. You get either a yeah, you get like a gift card. It's like I got a nine dollars Nordstrom gift card for my tooth. That's really weird. It's like mom has whatever's left in her purse like that totally. Now Here's the funny thing. We don't normally get into cinematographers on these Disney Channel movies, as it's usually not very interesting, but during our research we did realize that the cinematographer for Toothless was Sandy Sissel, who has some very impressive credits, but the one she's most commonly praised for is one of my favorite movies of all time, the epic adventure film from Peter Weir Master and Commander with Russell Crowe, which is just such a good movie. It is amazing, And I don't think I could possibly come up with a film that is less similar to Master and Commander than Toothless.
Speaker 4: But will I have to jump in here? This is the weird shot film we have.
Speaker 2: I was just about to say, that's part of my I mean, I got a lot sick at something.
Speaker 1: And you're up, like, what's up with the low angles on everybody ever.
Speaker 4: Shot holding the cam? Right she's holding?
Speaker 1: It has to be I don't think there was a locked off shot in the entire movie.
Speaker 4: I'm just not sure what that does for us. I don't It's not really in.
Speaker 1: Plot, no at all. The only thing I was thinking was, this is like nineteen ninety seven, and this is right in the wheelhouse of NYPD Blue, where moving the camera became a thing. So maybe that, But I thought the same thing. I was like, why are you moving?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why are you up like this? And it wasn't even steady. It was shaky, right, shaky cam.
Speaker 2: But I noticed it definitely was when we were in limbo. Yes, and so I feel like it kind of they thought it would add to the like chaos of it and.
Speaker 3: It's all you know.
Speaker 2: But or maybe it was so bad that my eyes I was getting not like motion sickness, but something of that sort like vertigo or whatever. I don't know, like something I was not making.
Speaker 3: Me feel good. I didn't like that at all.
Speaker 1: I actually texted producer Jensen last night, I feel like this movie is happening to me.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's what she wanted. Maybe that's what there is that there's a scene in limbo Land where they're following Kirsty ally in kind of the desert. They're following her with tailor and they almost bump her. They almost bump her back.
Speaker 1: Yes, there's one time they literally go down to her butt as they dissolve. It was like, who what is happening?
Speaker 2: And I know with when it comes to budget, using a steady camera, it's easier because the setup's fast. You can move through like scenes faster.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: I was thinking maybe it was that, but then when I realized it was only happening in limbo, I'm like, no, this is like a chosen a chosen situation that the videographer is doing. But I could not realize except for it added chaos. That's the only thing I could think of why they felt the need to do that. But it was not my jam. I'm glad that that's not something.
Speaker 1: That has or limbo limbo. The limbo set was so cheap and weak that they thought if we just shake the camera, maybe we just won't be landing on the bat.
Speaker 3: But I say I did think it to be creative.
Speaker 2: I thought I thought too, That's what I mean, because I didn't mind it either their way to Heaven and well we'll talk about the flying in a minute. I was afraid that was going to happen again, but when he just kind of dissolved into that light, that was perfect for me. The hell going down the just like janky mobile trailers, all of that. Like I kind of like, you know, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, well, creative anyway, it's yeah, well we'll get into all that. Yes, I know, we'll get in all This is also a Wonderful World of Disney release, so that means it is not on Disney Plus. However, you can watch it now for free on youtubees. I think I'm saying that right on the youtubes. And one of the uploads, which is the one I watched, even includes the nineteen ninety seven commercials, which frankly.
Speaker 2: More than the movie.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so watch it now before you listen to us, or watch it later, or listen and watch it at the same time. But that can't be easy, all right, So now that that's out of the way, Sabrina, outside of the broad strokes you mentioned last week, what else did you know about Toothless before we got into the podcast.
Speaker 2: I remember, and I didn't know his name, but I remembered the kid that it was because he was so big in that time that at the time, he was huge. I remember him Christially, I knew she was the tooth Fairy, and that's kind of.
Speaker 3: Where it started and ended. I didn't, okay, but I.
Speaker 2: Do think I most likely saw this while it was on the ABC. I do think I saw it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I knew nothing as per usual.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was like I wasn't shocked when she came out in that big dress, like I was like ready.
Speaker 1: I mean, I knew I had to expect at this point, but I didn't know anything about it. And man, halfway through, I was like, I think I'm on acid. I think someone did feel someone dosed me. And it's kicking in right anyway, where you all go out and put a tooth under your pillow expecting a shiny silver coin. Let's go over the synopsis. A dentist is cast into Limbo after her death and has given the assignment to act as the Tooth Fairy in order to be admitted into heaven. What'd you think of the movie overall, Sabrina.
Speaker 2: Man, At first I would I first dug. I dug the music right from the beginning. I loved the old school songs that just brought me back to especially it being you know about her, you know, missing her dad, loving her dad. When I hear that genre of music, that's me my dad in the car okay, no jamming out. So I did love that. And again, there were a lot of iffy moments in the beginning that I just didn't like. As soon as she got to Limbo, I was like, oh no, where is this going what's happening? And I wasn't until probably halfway into the movie. I went, okay, okay, I can all right, and I started to sink in and I ended up liking it a lot better than how I started.
Speaker 1: For sure. I never hit that point.
Speaker 5: No, you didn't, okay, I basically hated this movie.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I didn't. I did not get anything about it. I didn't think it was well written. I didn't think it was well shot. I didn't think it was well acted. The music, I thought the first song in the beginning is fine, but then there's music going throughout this thing that made no sense. The kids are yelling at each other the whole time during regular scenes that shouldn't be. The bully is half the size that. None of this movie made sense to me. None of this movie made sense to me. I did not get this movie even slightly. I don't know how it got made. The choices Christiality made throughout the movie, her character just kept changing. It's like, are you Jim Carrey?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: What's happening now? What were the rules? Some people can see? I did not get this movie.
Speaker 3: That felt a little real, especially nowadays.
Speaker 2: Uh were the parents that you know, confront principles and you know, just I mean the very end.
Speaker 3: Was so harsh towards towards the kid.
Speaker 2: You know, it just it was very But I did there was a there was a moment in the middle that I kind of went, Okay, I'm seeing where it's going when we saw what her mission was. But that mission wasn't very to like to open herself to actually love someone else after the death of having her the tragic death when she was younger.
Speaker 3: That was the mission. It was accepting love.
Speaker 2: She had been tried to her friends were trying to get her to open up and let someone in. And even a moment of her being honest with herself that she wasn't even really letting her best friend in, that was.
Speaker 1: The That was the So she then loves all the kids and creepily falls in love with the dad.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was the thing she realized with I think more of their innocence that she could she was able to open it up because that was they are the age that she lost her dad. So it kind of brought her back to that innocence and she at that age shut it down because she was so devastated and then has been closed off and these kids have opened that door.
Speaker 3: What are you talking about, Will, How did you not read?
Speaker 1: Oh no, I I got that's what they were trying to do. But yeahful they also every dentist for some reason ends up in limbo. Yeah, hell because because why because you're helping people with their teeth, which also prevents heart disease. Apparently you go to hell for that, right.
Speaker 2: I do think their dentistry I have heard, you know, I don't know any stats, but I have heard that that that industry and that career leads to a lot of mental health issues.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so maybe it's because people know they're.
Speaker 2: I don't even think they were.
Speaker 3: Talking about this at that time in nineteen ninety seven, but.
Speaker 2: That was strange that they were like, oh, of course you you inflict pain on everyone, so of course you're here and you're going.
Speaker 3: To help her.
Speaker 1: Going with the dad was weird. When she finally says I love you to the kid at the end, it just came off as creepy.
Speaker 2: Yeah that I didn't get every every.
Speaker 6: To me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw those moments for some reason, And maybe as we're talking about it, that scene will come to mind of like, oh, this was when it clicked, but there was something in the middle that made me just start, okay, all right, I see where we're going, and you didn't get it.
Speaker 1: That's okay too. I did not get it the.
Speaker 3: First front half.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh great, I got to talk about a movie I don't like again the hardest part. Those are the hardest episodes for me.
Speaker 3: I think not liking them.
Speaker 1: This was a big miss for me. This was yeah anyway. Toothless was directed by Melanie Mayron, a rare female behind the camera for these retro films. She began her career directing episodes of the TV show thirty Something, which was a great show, and had already directed the Disney Freaky Friday with Shelley Long and Gabby Hoffman. Mayron is still very busy as a TV director, working on a ton of great projects, many female focused, including The Fosters, Pretty Little Liars, Glow, and the movie Mean Girls Too. She also appears in the film as Mindy and Frankly, I thought she was one of the best actors of the movie, and boy, we're talking about who was in the movie stellar cast here, I could argue that this is overall one of the best casts, name wise we've ever had, so let's get going. So the movie headlines obviously huge star at the time nineteen ninety seven, Kirsty Ally playing doctor Catherine Lewis Ali was one of the top TV stars of the late eighties early nineties, best known as Rebecca Howe on Cheers, a role she received Emmy nominations for and won once she went I think was five Emmy nominations for and one to one. She had a bit of a Hollywood reputation for being loose cannon, but at the time that might have just been some misogyny. In the nineties, a lot of times you heard that women were quote unquote difficult to work with, but she was apparently a bit of a wild one. This is the only Disney movie she's ever worked on, but she appeared in films like Summer School, Great Movie, Don't Get Me Started, Lover Boy, Droppeded, Gorgeous, and all three Look Who's Talking movies. You may also recognize her, Aren't They Great? You may also recognize her from her second big role on TV, starring in Veronica's Closet as Veronica for three years. She was an absolute TV sitcom legend and a big casting for Disney here, especially in the nineties. She unfortunately passed away in twenty twenty two from colon cancer at the age of seventy one. And then Dale Midkiff plays Thomas Jamison Don't Get Me started. Midkiff played Elvis in the TV movie Elvis and Me and was in the original Pet Cemetery movie. He also appeared on TV shows like The Magnificent Seven, Without a Trace, the Client List. But I'd be doing him a disservice if I didn't mention. He also starred in the Airbud soccer movie titled World Pop Ross Mallinger. It's either Mallinger or Mallinger. I think it's played Little Bobby Jamison. And he two was a big ninety star, best known as Jonah Baldwin. He was so good in the romcom classic Sleepless in Seattle, playing Tom Hanks's son. He was also in Kindergarten Cop Sudden Death Who and is one of the voices of Spike in Homeward Bound two and TJ on Recess. And so we already talked about how we both recognized him right away.
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely, and.
Speaker 1: The hits don't stop there. Part of the big Legacy family for film and TV. Lynn Redgrave unbelievable plays Rogers. The British actress was seen in some great A projects like Gods and Monsters, Kinsey Shine, and the movie Georgie Girl, which earned her an Oscar nomination. She is the sister of actress Vanessa Redgrave, which is a name you might recognize as well. Lynn passed away as well in twenty ten from cancer at the age of sixty seven. Both just taken too young and We're still not done. Eileen Brennan appears briefly in the movie credited as Joe One, most likely as a favorite for the director. She played the principal in Disney's nineteen ninety five Freaky Friday from Meyron of Course what she directed. And Eileen was an Oscar nominee for her role in the nineteen eighty one movie Private Benjamin. Great movie, but is probably best known as Missus Peacock in the nineteen eighty five movie Clue. She also appears in classic movies like Murdered by Death, The Sting, and The Last Picture Show and a big deal in film and TV all the way around. She unfortunately too passed away in twenty thirteen at the age of eighty. And then we've got Kimberly Scott, who plays Gwen. Scott is legendary as Lisa One Night. Oh I love it standing in the Abyss. She was so good. It was a James Cameron classic movie. Amazing film. She also appears in nineteen nineties Flat Liners, and is the police detective in the nineteen ninety three Michael Douglas movie Falling Down. Great add In There, Batman Forever, the Client, Guess Who, But most importantly two episodes of Boy Meets World where she and I worked together for two weeks straight and all I did was bugger about shooting the Abyss the entire time. And she even signed my laser disc. Go look up what a laser disc is, Boys and Girls. I still have it and my laser disc player.
Speaker 2: I love that you bugged.
Speaker 1: Of course, Oh my god, I guess I think by the end I am not telling you another Abyss story. I loved it so much. And then we've got another just huge icon. Darryl Chill Mitchell is Raoul. Darryl is an amazing character actor who appeared in movies like Ten Things I Hate About You, Inside Man, Galaxy Quest, and House Party one and two, and it is a very recognizable TV actor, best known as Patent Plame is It Plain Patton Plain on NCIS New Orleans. You may also know him as Eli on Ed Wendel on Fear of the Walking Dead, or most importantly for Toothless. He was on Kirsty Ali show Veronic's Closet in two thousand and one. Unfortunately, post this movie, Mitchell was paralyzed in a motorcycle crash in South Carolina and has been confined to a wheelchair ever since. He continues to have an amazing acting career though working all the time and actively he raises awareness and money for spinal cord injuries, starting his own Darryl Mitchell Foundation. And you can catch Mitchell as a star on the brand new Tim Allen sitcom Shifting Gears. He's working all the time and is absolutely phenomenal, and we've got a name set on Podmeets World just recently. Child actor Marcus Toji plays Trevor. Toji is best known as Marcus in Little Giants, but work NonStop in the nineties in movies like Karina Karina, Jingle All the Way, Max Keeble's Big Move, and TV shows like Hey Arnold, eight Simple Rules, Zoe one oh one, and yes, two episodes of Boy Meets World. Let's make it all about me whenever we can. Honestly, there were some actors that we could have mentioned, but it's just such an impressive lineup, which is another reason why I was like, what it's happening? Yeah, the movie is ninety two minutes long, so close to the target, but too too many, and that is in theory, too long, too long, That's right, Exa, it was written by It was just too long, if we're being honest, And yes, it was written by Mark S. Kaufman. This was Mark's first writing credit ever, and one of only two he would ever have. He would later write the two thousand and two TV movie Just a Walk in the Park, sharing credit with actor William H. Macy, who was not in the movie at all. Strange and also, Toothless is the last Hollywood job he apparently had. So does Toothless have any bite? Well, let's get into it. We open on Sabrina's favorite song and a great song, the recognizable Sugar Sugar by the Archies, immediately proving that ABC has more of a clearance budget for songs than Disney does. We are in the nineteen sixties in a busy suburban neighborhood and we get a narrator. She tells us that she comes from a very long line of successful dentists and that her father died just one year ago. Today we see a little girl, Catherine, presumably the narrator, on a porch grooming a little dog. When her mom rushes out. She has a surprise for Catherine on this rough day. She's going to the dentist, and much like Monroe, she could not be more happy.
Speaker 2: Weirdest little kid, She is thrilled.
Speaker 1: In the dentist's office. She has a perfect checkup and a clean set of teeth to match. She wants another exam, though she was hoping for a root canal and has been reading her dad's dental books. She wants to follow in his footsteps, and even the drill sounds like music to her ears. Oh I can't that. When it gets in your hand, your whole head becomes a tuning fork and hy sorry to everybody out there. Nails on a chalkboard. The dentist does point out one last baby tooth and tells her to remember to put it under her pillow for The Tooth Fairy five shadowing, we transition to current day. Catherine has now grown up and her dream came true. She is a dentist and a good one. Actually, she took over her childhood dentist practice and is helping someone named Tiny who is freaking out or we should we should say somebody like Sabrina who is freaking out, freaking, and then another patient, a very nerdy man tries to ask her to the opera, but she has given him novacane kohi kaki, Do you want to go to the opera with me? But she interrupts him with dental equipment before he can even ask her out. Later, we were at a sushi bar. Catherine and her friend Mindy, who was the movie's director, talk about Catherine's love life, or we should say lack thereof. Catherine is fine with being single, but her friend wants her to find someone. How old do you reckon? She's supposed to be here?
Speaker 2: Okay, I think they were trying to portray her as like mid twenties, you think, yeah, like young. I feel like she was trying there was like mid twenty five.
Speaker 3: To twenty eight. Really, that's what it seemed like. But she wasn't.
Speaker 2: It seemed like that at the beginning, but then at the end it was it didn't seem as much.
Speaker 3: It seemed like she was what mid thirties at the end. I don't know.
Speaker 2: But at the beginning I thought they were really thinking, like trying to make it as if she was really young.
Speaker 1: See. I figured she was probably five or six or maybe a little or seven or eight when she was a kid at the dentist. Oh, ok and that was the sixties. If it's if the Sugar Sugar by the Archies is playing, and if this is now the nineties, so add thirty years. I figured she was supposed to be like late thirties.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: Maybe you're right, and they were going for mid twenties, which doesn't fit.
Speaker 2: No, no, but that wasn't any of the age that Christy Ally was doing at that time.
Speaker 3: So maybe I was just seeing that right.
Speaker 1: No, but you're right, I mean maybe the oldest was thirty. They were trying. But it was also the nineties where it was like you don't have a man, your life isn't good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was one of those things too where it was like that's a little odd. She can just be happy without a man. But apparently it wasn't right.
Speaker 4: It is sort of I mean this, I know this isn't not much of a big change, but Sugar Sugar is from nineteen sixty nine, which pushes it.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so even say it's nineteen seventy when she's supposed to be there at seven years old. So yeah, twenty, yeah, thirty. Just then, an attractive man sits down at the bar next to him. Catherine says, hi, but he's celebrating his bachelor party. Nope, can't have him. Swing and a miss. Catherine is starting to feel pathetic. She hasn't been on a date in forever. Her friend says she's got to get out there or she'll be alone for the rest of her life. She invites Catherine to a party she's throwing on Saturday night, but Catherine can't make it because she has a baseball game to watch. Back at the dental office, Catherine is talking to her nurse assistant, who realizes that Catherine knows nothing about her long term boyfriend. This kind of nonchalant offends the nurse. She's talked about her boyfriend for a month, so how is it possible that Catherine has not listened to anything she said. This is when we're really starting to get the idea that Catherine is very self absorbed. But we also find out that a patient is canceled, so Catherine decides to run to the bank. Now, while crossing the street, she sees her friend. Okay, we'll walk through this. She sees her friend Mindy, and excitedly they wave to each other. So there, she turns around. They both turn around, and then we start to get weird close up slow motion shaky cam of a bike. Yep, of a bike a bicycle okay.
Speaker 3: Yes, a bicycle, not not a motor bike.
Speaker 1: Bicycle, bicycle that's pedaling at her full speed and the guys distracted is what they're going for. Then we get shots of a BMW, also shaky.
Speaker 2: And the clips are going fast, right, so bike BMW bike, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Bike BMW bike clips of this, and then Catherine turning and giving this kind of shocked look, and so it seems like the bike pushes her into the car, which we don't really see. It's just like what's happening? And then there's close on people's faces, all in slow motion, very stream.
Speaker 2: There's really no you don't at all get for me, And I rewatched it a couple of times me too, because once, you know, once we get into the next place that we're getting into, it's like I went, wait, okay, I missed it.
Speaker 3: Did she get hit by the bike or did she.
Speaker 2: Get hit by the car? So I went back, didn't get it, went back again, still didn't get it, went for a third time and went, you know what, I'm just gonna have to see if they're gonna Yeah, they're going to figure it out, because which they do pretty much right away.
Speaker 1: Kind of, we just at least we know that Catherine is dead.
Speaker 3: Yes, she's gone.
Speaker 1: Take that, Walt Disney. Yeah, lead characters dead right away.
Speaker 3: Crazy.
Speaker 1: So we fade back in and Catherine is now standing very tall in a desert of sorts very clear skies, but also there's security guards and a dozen airstream trailers with signs like uniform pickup and job placement, training and judgment. There's also intimidating cage that reads elevator and a set of mobile airplane stairs nearby with a sign that reads Stairway to Heaven. Catherine is confused and looks for help. This is where they suddenly made the decision all out of nowhere to shoot everything from a low angle. So from this moment on we are looking up at everybody. It's weird and everything shaking. Catherine is confused and looking for help, eventually asking questions to a guard. And this is another just amazing appearance. I figured this was going to be a big introduction of her character, but it wasn't. It was just a cameo by Yeard Lee Smith, also known as the voice of Lisa Simpson. And then Catherine realizes, oh no, I'm dead and is given a map to go find her supervisor. And this is where I started to get real vibes of one of my favorite and one of Daniel Fisher's favorite movies of all time, Defending Your Life. Like, Okay, I kind of get what they're doing, but Manda defending your Life do it better? So yes, After getting lost, she finally finds her drill sergeant, who is a high strung British lady with a riding whip that's rogers. Catherine is already behind schedule and they watch a businessman being sent down to Hell while a marching band and all red ominously plays him out. This is where I went what is happening in this movie? The second hit of acid has kicked in? Who dosed me? Because this is crazy pants?
Speaker 2: Yeah, This is when I was going, oh, no, I don't think I'm gonna like this one, because it was again just already kind of.
Speaker 3: Quite a bit of holes.
Speaker 2: Where are we what?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: And the characters were just a little especially when we got to limbo, they were just really over the top. And this is when Kirsty's character became over the top for me. Yeah, gets which she wasn't like that while she was in you know, her regular life now and I just kind of went, oh, gosh, okay, all right.
Speaker 4: Where are we go?
Speaker 1: And again part of me is like, if you want to now go crazy elf cartoony, great, I am all for that, but make that decision and do that. This came in and out in weird and one scene she was like this, and the next scene the kid was like that. It was just like they were shooting a different movie. Every scene they were doing.
Speaker 2: It was really weird, broken up, and I understand they are going through two different worlds, right we're in right, we're in regular but she has become the tooth Fairy, so she out of everyone really need to need it to keep it flat, you know, or the same.
Speaker 1: Something something, or make her wacky at the beginning, so she becomes the wacky tooth fairy. I don't know. Yeah. So then Rogers explains that Catherine is in limbo land, not yet heaven or Hell, about to have her life judged. Defending your life. They did this movie already, Albert Brooks, go see that. It's amazing. I give it twenty thousand stars or whatever you need. So Roger says, a Catherine has a glaring blemish on her record. She's a dentist who gave pain and suffering to people, and so dentists apparently just go to hell. It doesn't matter that they're doctors that are actually helping people. You're a dentist, You're going to hell, which again I thought, like what what? Why? Yeah? Yeah, Catherine can't believe this. Neither can we. And while she awaits for her final word, she will have to perform community service and will be judged by her actions. Okay, interesting story.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: Catherine gets her folder and has offered a very difficult job by Cuspid Retrieval. Catherine thinks she can do it and signs up. Roger says, great, the little children be so pleased to find out you're coming. And Catherine puts it all together. Oh no, she's the tooth fairy, and she doesn't look happy with that. Catherine jumps out of the uniform trailer dressed in a princess's gown and crown. She's like the tooth fairy. It's not just going. She's got a dress like the tooth fairy. She's the tooth Fairy. We get a mention of Cinderella and tinker Bell, two names you don't often hear much outside of Disney productions, and Catherine can't stand the look. Being a tooth fairy is not her idea of a good time, but Rogers doesn't care. Catherine needs to get training where she's even gonna learn to fly now. Oh boy, If you watch the version I watched, it started with another one of those Michael Eisner intros, and it was all about the most famous flying characters in the history of Disney. And it started with Mary Poppins flying around and Tinkerbell flying around, and so you're like, you have this feeling of what flying in this movie was going to be like, not the same, So we are now inside the trailer, which is hilariously huge and is clearly just the inside of a sound stage at one of these like Disney or something like that, which again very clever to go into the little jet stream trailers and they become these huge things in limbo. I get what they're doing. It saved a ton of money. Very clever, and so it's huge. And then a choreographer, Raoul who's Daryl chill Miller, is teaching a man how to hop this is the new Easter Bunny. Raoul meets Catherine and is told not to work too hard. Catherine seems destined for quote the big barbecue. Oh my god. Like right away they're saying, you're gunn don't even worry about it. She's going to hell for being a dentist.
Speaker 2: Yep, Like this is a waste of time, is how she's being treated. This is really a waste of time. Let's just get through this because it's protocol and get this move hard, journey on for this this lady, this this dentist.
Speaker 1: Yeah so then yeah, this dentist who's going to hell. Catherine gets her magic wand and learns the cabbage patch from Raoul as he hums the song. Here, we should play a clip from that scene because it's pretty great. Okay, now this is how you work the magic. Are you ready? Don't don't, don't, don't, don't come, don't, don't, don't. Bump bump, come on, b bump bump, Well, fight it up, bump bump.
Speaker 2: Okay, the strangest, most unnecessary dance scene I've ever heard the movie. I was going this is when I really almost was just done.
Speaker 3: I mean I and then it got worse because we actually got to the fly.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this is again the person who made Master and Commander one of the most beautifully literally one of the most beautifully shot films in the last twenty years. It's stunning Mastering Commander and this she's just shaking the camera all over the place. It looked like it was it was just done on the fly, like a reality show from the nineties. It was so strange. And again I know this. This it also looked bad just because it was grainy. That was not how it looked in the nineties. I get that, But when you added that into how I had to stream it, yeah, it was like what am I watching right now?
Speaker 2: Well, and you if you were looking closely and we're jumping quickly just to Sabrina seas And I'm sure anyone would see this. This wasn't like I saw something no one else could ever see anyone. Yeah, anyone can see this. You can literally, especially with her poofy dress, see where the lines of her getting pulled into the air, like from you know, down below, You could see like her part of her material.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you could see that. Yeah, you could totally see you could you could you could see that. What are the lines whatever the hell they're called?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was going to bring this up because I know you love Mary Poppin so much.
Speaker 3: The idea when.
Speaker 2: They start flying, how why does everyone take flying to swimming without water? Why are we moving our arms? Why I ever get a chance to fly?
Speaker 3: That's not what my initial reaction will be.
Speaker 2: Just when without Walter picking the legs and moving around. I really wish when she flew into the wall that she like just went.
Speaker 1: Scraped down the wall.
Speaker 3: That would have been so great because she just kind of landed there.
Speaker 1: But it was yeah, okay, yeah, so Raoul, you know tricks Catherine making her flap her arms to fly. But eventually Mitch She's just trying. He just has to hold up her arms. That's all she has to do. He immediately floats about ten feet in the air. Now, this one looked good when he did it. It looked good.
Speaker 3: Fine looks so crazy.
Speaker 1: She follows suit. She is now flying. She flies into a padded wall, so she ends up leaving the trailer, licking her wounds, and is reunited with Rogers, who tells her that she can only fly in at night. She has to wear the uniform and can only think happy thoughts when using the wand But the biggest rule of all, she can't mess with any mortals lives. While doing this, Catherine is ushered into the Community Service office, where we see other signs for the Easter Bunny, Father Time, the Boogeyman, and snow White. I don't know why they would have a boogeyman. I guess just to scare kids.
Speaker 2: Well, Cinderella, snow White, what did these what do these justice the characters have anything to do with Easter Bunny to very Santa Claus.
Speaker 1: You know, and noticed that Santa wasn't one of them. They specifically were like, no, Santa's a real guy who lives in the North pole, but they're walking the halls and she's almost shot by Cupid, who was, of course a divorce attorney on Earth. Okay, Catherine is brought into a room where she will sit during the days watching kids lose their teeth on a TV. She also has a fax machine that actually looks more like a typewriter, and that will tell her where to go every night. She's told the longer the list, the more time will slow down for her, and she'll go faster to get everything done. That is a trick of limbo. They also give her a phone that she picks up. There's a weird dial tone. It never comes back. They never talk about it again. She never gets a call. Nothing ever happens with it. It's like, why the hell is the thing there? Yes, Rogers leaves, threatening her if she makes one mistake, she's going to hell. First day on the job, do one thing wrong, You're going to hell. I mean, yikes, good ones.
Speaker 2: I mean, like I told you. They are just trying to expedite this time with her and get her act.
Speaker 1: Get her out. You've failed before you've started. Dentist. Catherine looks over a list of kids. This is going to be a lot of travel and as a printer gives her more names. We hear I get around by the beach Boys, which is a far cry from the decom synergy we hear in movies like Camp Rock. But we get then the first flying montage of the film, where she's in front of a green screen and she passes through landmarks like the Eiffel Tower, Italian gondolas, Japanese billboards, and eventually landing her inside an American home. This was reminiscent of the bad dream sequence that I did in Boy Mets World for the good Look Guy song, where it's supposed to look bad and terrible. That's the point. This was just like, what are they doing?
Speaker 3: And it happens so many much.
Speaker 2: And it's one thing to have it once, But later on I would have liked the montage of some sort. Didn't have to be every time they did this flying scene, but her going into several of the kid's rooms. They don't see that at all.
Speaker 3: You see her just in front of the screen screen flying around. She's pointing her wand now I'm asking questions.
Speaker 2: Now you've got me on the stupid kick of asking questions of the rules. She pointing out when she's doing what is she doing? Like, is she only going to some houses, but on some she's pointing and just zipping the tooth to her and zipping the coin.
Speaker 3: Back to them.
Speaker 2: No, no, none of it made sense. And it happened so many times.
Speaker 1: And they kept cutting back to it. So she lands in this American home. We see a woman tucking her son in bed, and apparently she can't see the fairy at all. Once the mom leaves, Catherine runs up to the bed and tries to use her wand to leave the money, but instead she accidentally makes the soon to be groomed from the sushi bar appear. She says, ron kind of happy and then says, you had your chance. So the guy said, hey, I'm getting married. Never hit on her, but still had a chance. I did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, awake any sense?
Speaker 1: No, so she makes him disappear. Now here's what I understand. Check me if I'm wrong. But then the kid wakes up and it's Bobby right right, So who was tucking him in? Who's the woman his nanny? Okay, thank you, I lost that because.
Speaker 2: If that scene didn't happen, because we don't see her again. Right, Ever, we don't see this nanny again. Thank god that happened, because that would have answered the question later on when his dad is he's only ten to eleven, when his dad is out working.
Speaker 1: Just leaving the kid by himself. Yet you're right, okay, good, good call. So this is the young son Bobby. He awakens and he's shocked to see this woman staring standing over his bed.
Speaker 2: Ab v H.
Speaker 1: Scared, he thinks she could be a weirdly dressed burglar and threatens to go ahead and get his dad. Doctor Catherine is shocked he can see her and even calls him a snitch. She explains she's the tooth Fairy, and he thinks she's an idiot. Catherine is crabby, furious even that she has to do this for these snot nosed kids. The two bicker back and forth until Catherine just disappears into a door in what has to be one of the worst special effects in the history of any special effects. Bobby finds a coin under his pillow which is so large and silver it has to be from a pirate's treasure chest, and he starts to wonder, did I just meet the tooth Fairy? All right? Also, if you're giving out specialty coins. It's supposed to be a silver dollar, because where are you going to spend this magical tooth fairy money? That's you can't get that at Walgreen? Like, what are you going to do with this thing? Yeah, give me a dollar now. Back with Raoul, Catherine is furious is she invisible or not? And the truth is anyone with baby teeth can still see her. And if you're ever seen by an adult, that's a real problem. So if you lose your baby teeth, you can't see her anymore. If any adults heer, you go to hell. So she confides in Raoul about Bobby and is reminded leave the money and get back to Limboland. Those are the rules. Apparently these the rules are changing. I don't understand what they are. Please please tell me the rules because I don't get them. We're now back at Bobby's house. Bobby's getting ready for school. He sits down with his businessman dad for breakfast, and we quickly notice that his dad is a workaholic who's not at all connected to his son. Bobby's got the coin, admitting he found it under his pillow, and his dad seems to shame him about believing in the Tooth Fairy. Good dad another good Disney dad. It's a legend that his mom told him about. There also seems to be something emotional about his mom. We didn't know if she's left him, if she's dead. She might have just smelled that. We don't know. It's very strange. But Bobby takes off in a hurry and Catherine meets the Easter Bunny and he's just as annoyed as she is. She notices that he has a chocolate egg in his basket and ridicules him for giving kids cavities in a sort of nineteen twenties test.
Speaker 3: She's like, nineteen twenties like gangster, yes kind.
Speaker 1: Of, Oh I see, I got to like it was I see your mugs? See yeah, who's giving the kids for candy?
Speaker 2: Yes? It was like what I don't know, but every time we were in Limbo, I didn't understand what was going on.
Speaker 3: It was so strained the Limbo land.
Speaker 1: She ends up comparing his job to that of a drug dealer, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense. And she's so connected to being the Tooth Fairy. But I think she's what she's trying to do because at the end she says every dentist's dream, and so what she's trying to say is as a dentist, she would love to have been able to tell off the Easter Bunny or whoever created Halloween, anybody where Candy was involved. She would have loved to been able to I think, is what they're saying. Okay, And this is where we talked again about her character changing so much scene by scene that I didn't know. And it was also and I again, I don't blame Kristy Alli for this. This obviously just happened. But for several of the limbo scenes, you could tell her voice was gone. She was really had a screech going because I don't think she had to see.
Speaker 2: That's how I know Kirstie Ali, like, that's how she sounds. Then all of the look who's talking, She's got that. There's a part where I felt like, and I put there was a few signature things of Christy Ali that are in my Sabrina Seas and one of them is her like boys, how it cracks up top when she gets like a high pitch and it kind of cracks like that's for me, because I really again cheers was on really before I was watching it, I watched Cheers when it was on Nick at Night on reruns, and so it was you know that, But then watching Look Who's Talking and all of those movies, those are the ones where those are like to me iconic moments of Kirsty Ali. Yeah, it was a lot in that. I don't know if it was the desert and it got.
Speaker 1: Bad, it got bad. Also, I think Luk, he's talking about it exactly right. I think all babies, when their babies just sound like Bruce Willa's. That's that's my that's my guess is.
Speaker 2: The truth of Ledger.
Speaker 3: I think it's I'm in It's hilarious.
Speaker 1: I think boys are girls, doesn't matter. You just sound like Bruce Willis. We are now at Bobby's school with his friend Trevor, and he's being bullied by the smallest child that's ever walked the planet for money?
Speaker 2: Is this bully literally two and a half feet tall, he was the smallest.
Speaker 1: Staring up and I'm like, you're gonna give me your money.
Speaker 2: Let's just be like whatever, dude and just stiff arm all.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The strangest thing was if you go and watch this movie, keep that kid in mind, and then go watch Defending Your Life, where there's also a bully and they look identical.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, they looked.
Speaker 1: Like But it's the tiniest little kid is bullying him. Bobby notices some girls looking though, so he lunges at his rival but missus and gets knocked out and robbed. He even loses a tooth. So we've got death, we've got murder, we've got robbing, we've got assault Disney movie, We've got We've got it's awesome.
Speaker 2: Got bribery, yes man.
Speaker 1: Later that night, his dad calls from a dinner meeting. He's gonna be late. Bobby tries to tell him about getting beaten up, but he's hung up on We've got another great dcom dad here. That night, Calf of the Tooth Fairy is back out, flying Sabrina's favorite and dancing now past the Statue of Liberty. Then what has to be the absolute worst effect we have ever seen anywhere ever. She dodges an airplane and rapidly spins and cartwheels away of the budget. This was nine dollars.
Speaker 3: Yes, at my gosh, it was. And again this is probably what the fourth time we've seen this green screen. You're just going not again, not again.
Speaker 2: No, this was where's the And he didn't even need it. You knew that when she got there, she had already gone through the greens green motion and we were good.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay. She eventually crashes in Bobby's front yard and attempts to use your wand for the tooth and coin exchange in his bedroom. Bobby again wakes up and they fight over ownership of the tooth. Chrisciality here has a very similar relationship with this kid as she did with Ted Danson in Cheers, but Bobby is starting to believe she is in fact the tooth Fairy, despite his dad's thoughts. To help convince him, she morphs her head into a dinosaur and roars at him. Now this effect doesn't look bad, but what the.
Speaker 2: Hell was the one that actually was better?
Speaker 1: But it's probably one of the best ones of the movie.
Speaker 3: I think I agree?
Speaker 1: But why?
Speaker 2: But why? And who has ever said that the tooth Fairy can be anything but the tooth Fairy?
Speaker 3: No one ever.
Speaker 2: Made that assumption. No one's ever said that she didn't learn to do it. Yeah, there was no This came out of nowhere. Yeah, and she wouldn't need that special power because she's not supposed to be seen by the kids. This is supposed to happen in their sleep. She's just crappy at her job, and so there's there's no like, oh, we're going to give you this special power in case you get seen and you need to convince the kid that you're the tooth fairy. No, get the hell out of the house.
Speaker 3: Not even supposed to.
Speaker 1: See nobody also said that like up in Limbo. Oh, by the way, the other power you have is you can morph into any other animal. You are an anima.
Speaker 3: Sud what is Yeah, that was weird and not need.
Speaker 1: Do you get an AGAs? Do you get animegus? Do you get that reference?
Speaker 3: No? Omegas animegas anime?
Speaker 1: Oh gosh no, where do you think it's from.
Speaker 2: Some kind of weird anime thing like that?
Speaker 3: You see it?
Speaker 1: Come on, Harry Potter. You can change again. When you can change from a human into an animal like Mcgonaga and the cat, you are an animegus or like like whack, yeah, okay, okay, well it.
Speaker 2: Sounds like getting arn Rose sometimes says animal which is ammal that's.
Speaker 3: Four year old made up word.
Speaker 1: I'm getting you there. We're going to get there. We're going to do this together. I'm taking you by the hand. We're going to do this together.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 1: Now, Finally, Bobby and Catherine are starting to calm down and chat about her new job as the tooth Fairy. Bobby even asks for advice for dealing with girls. Catherine makes the tooth exchange, but just then Bobby's dad returns and sees him talking to an imaginary person. He's disturbed at the site his son might be a little bonker's. The next morning, the dad even stops Bobby before school and mentions that he saw him talking to himself, but he assures Bobby that he also sees his mom and sometimes he talks to her too, So she's also dead. We just found out she's dead. So much death, yes, so.
Speaker 2: Much death, right, Yeah, We've got two parents so far and a dentist and then you know everyone and everybody at Limbo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just so much dead. But Bobby says it wasn't his mom, it was the tooth Fairy, and Bobby's dad reacts to his son like he just admitted he's addicted to meth. Bobby runs off to school and drives to approach Carrie Cole, a girl he likes, which again would be the most popular girl in the school as we talked to because she has an a literative name like your most popular and Channon Shipley. Now we have Carrie Cole, a girl he likes. Using advice he got from Catherine, he asked to walk her home and she says, yes, things are looking up. For Bobby, his tiny little bully isn't around and he gets the girl and Catholic saw it all on the little TV in her tiny little restroom. So she's just sitting there watching Bobby on TV.
Speaker 2: See yeah, Which that's not what it seemed like she was going to be able to do on that TV when she was told what the TV was supposed to do. It wasn't really talking about like just checking in on any kid.
Speaker 1: And we never see what you're supposed to see on the TV. How do they not give us a quick montage because this movie loves montages. How did we not get a montage of a bunch of kids from around the world losing their teeth?
Speaker 3: That's what it's only supposed to be.
Speaker 2: How is she able to put the channel and check in on specific kids.
Speaker 1: You're only supposed to see kids lose their teeth and old random episodes of Room two two seven. M A's an old school reference for you. There you go, look it up kids. So yes. After the little date that happened all off camera and where he actually got to hold her hand, apparently, Bobby sees Trevor, who's also walking home. Trevor lost his back, Moler, and he's gonna hide the tooth in his brother's cereal good Frank Trevor. Instead, Bobby convinces Trevor to give him the tooth and confides in him about the tooth theory. Later that night, Catherine visits Bobby again, only after stopping by Trevor's and figuring out what's going on. Bobby brags about his date and Catherine says next time he should carry her books and rouse off a bunch of other romantic ideas. The tooth exchange occurs, and Catherine says the coin has to get to Trevor. It is very important. Those are the rules. She also realizes Bobby is a neglected kid. His dad has gone again, so she decides to stay around, tuck him in and sing him a lullaby. So the only role you have, you gotta go at night and don't mess with anybody's lives. And she's like, why don't you talk, I'll get into bed and I'll sing you a song.
Speaker 2: No, but back up, how did she know that Bobby had the tooth? How did she know that? Because because I talked to Trevor, did Trevor?
Speaker 1: Because then Trevor would have known, right, because that's what I mean. Yeah, he didn't.
Speaker 2: He never saw.
Speaker 3: He didn't see her until later on in the movie when the other kids are seen.
Speaker 2: That was strange to me. I didn't understand.
Speaker 3: How did she actually knows to go back to Bobby room.
Speaker 1: No, Oh no, I don't know. Again, it's just a glad.
Speaker 3: It wasn't explained.
Speaker 2: It was just a big hole. And then then again we move on to her talking in Tibet and singing him a lullaby. Yes, okay, the kids like eleven, I think we're past lullaby world.
Speaker 1: Also, how many how many teeth does one kid have to lose in a day before maybe you talk to somebody even has the tooth?
Speaker 2: Fairy guess worse than that case, I know you've lost guys up.
Speaker 1: Yes, so Bobby mid dance routine because the little cabbage patches only thing she knows. Bobby falls, falls asleep, and his dad walks in. Catherine watches on as his dad sits down and looks pained. He obviously misses his wife, and for some reason this turns Catherine on. Back in Limbo Land, Catherine sees one of her old colleagues, doctor Green. He had a heart attack while playing golf. He's heard hardly anyone goes to heaven after being the tooth Fairy. He doesn't know why, It's just something he's quote, always heard always. So has he been there since?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: She makes it clear, and he said, well, I've had to work some things out right, So.
Speaker 1: He's been there a long time.
Speaker 2: That's the isn't what I thought it was. And I didn't go back and rejex that that's the one he takes. She takes the dentists who she takes over his things. So she had taken it over, taken it over for a while. That's why she is confused, why are you still here in limbo? And he said, I had some things to take care of, gotcha? And then now so he's heard, so he's gone through quite a few tooth fairies. Apparently that all go to hell.
Speaker 1: Again, he was a dentist too, So why wouldn't maybe the tooth fairy? And why do they all go to hell? All these dentists.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a good point.
Speaker 3: I didn't ask.
Speaker 2: I didn't think. Why wasn't he the tooth fairy?
Speaker 1: Why isn't he the tooth fairy? Maybe because he knew.
Speaker 3: I I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but he says not to worry. And she asked if doctor Green ever saw her dad in limbo land. He admits that he did. He blew through it pretty quick. And again, how long has he been there? Because her dad died in the sixties.
Speaker 3: Right, Oh, so if he blew through pretty quick.
Speaker 1: Why would he be there?
Speaker 2: When it makes sense?
Speaker 3: It makes sense? Okay, none of that incorrect.
Speaker 1: The logic doesn't make sense. Y, Yeah, everyone loved her dad. He was very kind. But doctor Green has to go. He's on his way up to heaven. It becomes well tries to become a touching scene as he walks up the steps and Catherine says it was so nice to see him. He says he'll see her again soon. He makes at the top grows a terrible pair of wings and is zoomed up into space. It's just so weird.
Speaker 2: I like that better. I was gonna go, uh oh, Now we got to see this guy fly like they've already shown once again the view from the back of his.
Speaker 3: Butt going up the stairs. Now we got to see him fly. Okay, No, it's just a beam, all right.
Speaker 2: I was better with the beam than seeing him do another one of these flying things.
Speaker 3: But it's in the desert. Was gonna be worse. It was gonna be worse.
Speaker 1: This is just a bananas movie, though. I mean it is an absolutely bananas movie.
Speaker 3: Liked that moment.
Speaker 2: I thought that the but that's that's a stare.
Speaker 3: It from an airplane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like from an airplane when you enter it from I thought that was kind of creative.
Speaker 1: I did. It's clever, but like it. It's so it's just such a bonkers movie. We are now back on Earth. Catherine's house is being packed up by Mindy and she's watching it all unfold again on our TV. So now apparently she can watch whatever she wants when she wants. Raoul stops buying. Catherine wants to know why she was picked to be the tooth fairy. It can just be because she's a dentist. He says he's not allowed to tell her. Okay, so we're starting to get that there's more here. She knows she was a good person, but Raoul says she's never allowed herself to love anyone. To get into heaven, she needs to love back those who love her, and man, she feels that. One she watches her best friend Mindy cry and say goodbye to her at the house on TV. But it seemed like she loved Mindy. She loved her dad, which she says she loves her knows she she loves her mom, Mendy.
Speaker 2: She pushes off Mindy. She also saw her mom go into the the closet and didn't like go console her.
Speaker 3: On the day of the anniversary of her father's death.
Speaker 1: She kind of the closet, it was the lab. She went to the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, she was clearly crying and upset, and it's clearly the same day of the death anniversary, so I get that she is kind. Basically, she has these people around her that care about her, and she blows them all off. She blows off her receptionist, She doesn't care it about and it's been going on in her life. This is when I started to click in got it, Okay, I see what's now. We're now for me. It's making sense what her mission is.
Speaker 1: They could have They should have gone farther. They should have gone she had a ton of friends. She had like another friend called her she you know, yeah, I just right.
Speaker 2: But that's when this started going. Okay, so it's not just I thought she was having to fall in love. I was starting to put pieces and I was starting to make up things in my head because there was nothing but nothing was really being explained. I'm like, she has to fall in love to not go to hell.
Speaker 3: That's weird. This was she has to love the people back who love her.
Speaker 2: She needs to stop pushing off the people that care about her out of her life and not making them a priority.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, I'm good with it.
Speaker 1: Okay, they could have done better. We're now in Bobby's class. The bullies are picking on him again now for dumping carry for the tooth fairy. What a loser? Uh Oh, we appear to have a snitch, because how can they have known? Bobby hunts down Trevor and to some of the worst background music ever. It hackles him in front of the school he's supposed to be his best friend to be able to keep secrets. Trevor says he had to tell someone because the coin is so cool, and that's a terrible excuse to tell anybody, especially your best friend's bully.
Speaker 3: Best friend. Yeah, and then gets up and walks away with the.
Speaker 2: Yes, goes with the bullies, none of them and cool with them because of a weird coin.
Speaker 1: And the kids' performances. They were yelling back and forth at each other most of the times they were. It was just strange. And this kid, if you watch Sleepless in Seattle, he's a good actor. He is very good actor, and in this movie, it was like, what the hell is happening right now? Yeah, the kid's performances, all of them, the direction was just just yell back and forth at each other. Even if it's supposed to be kind of a quiet.
Speaker 2: Scene, maybe they weren't even really given like anything, just that just kind of like, oh, you guys are just picking on each other. You kind of always just push each other around your bully maybe.
Speaker 1: But Carrie actually watches all this go down and wants to know about the tooth Fairy from Bobby. He explains how great she is, and Carrie wants to meet her too. So Carrie does the old rope around their tooth attachment to the doorknob trick and when her mom opens the door, bam, tooth comes out and she'll be getting a visit from the tooth Fairy that night. And once Catherine does arrive at Carrie's she wakes up and ooh, they meet. Catherine tells her to read Little Women and stop eating pepperoni pizza before bedtime. This is again where her character just kind of changed again. Yeah, but Carrie is very interested in getting advice because her parents don't care about kid problems. Catherine is in a hurry, but decides to help out with a biology camp plan before doing the rest of her nightly errands. And I find it hard to believe that this kid's parents don't want her to become a doctor.
Speaker 3: She said that they can't afford to take her to this camp.
Speaker 2: I get that to go to biology camp she has to like get some kind of.
Speaker 1: Scholarship, But then why wouldn't her parents help her do that?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: I mean, once't your parents be like, we can't afford it, but man, there's a way for you to do that. We're going to figure out how to do that. You don't need Kirsty Alley and the Tooth Fairies help. The next morning, maybe I'm irrationally harsh on this movie.
Speaker 2: That's also possible, kinda harsh I did.
Speaker 1: I did not like this movie. I know you did not get it.
Speaker 3: Didn't even want to.
Speaker 1: Try to under normally normally there's things in that I look at the movie and I'm like, Okay, I didn't like the story, but the singing was good. Or I didn't like this, but the acting was amazing, or I didn't like this, but the story was great. None of this worked for me.
Speaker 2: This was starting to get very choppy, and yes, adding too many storylines does start to do that. Now we've got additional kids that were trying to care about but we don't have enough information.
Speaker 1: There's not really care about it there, And and his friend group is like they're his friends, but they're also his bullies. But that's now his friend group, and his girlfriend is in with that. It was so confusing. It just was whatever it needed to be in the moment. It was very I apologize if anybody out there is right now dressed like the tooth Fairy, holding the tooth Fairy like wand with their shirt. I love Toothless so much waiting to hear this podcast. I apologize and flip over and go watch Tea Girls again. That's what that's what you should do. Because I did not.
Speaker 3: Like we got a movie for you called exactly.
Speaker 1: I am not going to apologize for my dislike of this film. I just I just didn't get The next morning, Bobby's dad is at breakfast when Catherine crashes into his booth. He can't see her, but now she wants him and like desperately, very badly, is in love with this guy. She bets he was a really good husband and if she was alive, she would have loved to get to know him. So there's quite a new Plow newspaper.
Speaker 2: And I went back and he was in that same booth while she was at that restaurant. Right, I'm going, Okay, So there was some type of disconnect at some point that they should have met, but they never did.
Speaker 1: They never did, and yes, so this is now all now part of the new plot that they've just added. It's a big turning point for the movie all of a sudden, as Christy Ally takes on a new Jim Carrey approach, almost acting like Roger Rabbit a bit. I mean, did you know.
Speaker 2: It's like I mean, yes, this was kind of jarring at this point, but I did see I was having a little bit more clarity of where we were trying to go. So I was trying to like ride this out and see if it was going to end up working out for me.
Speaker 3: And it was better than it.
Speaker 1: Started, okay, okay, Whereas to me, it started on the downslope and just kept getting them down and it was a giant ball going down a hill.
Speaker 2: Once I found her mission and figured that out, then I was I'm able to kind of accept the like the holes and the silly things, okay, just whatever.
Speaker 3: I'm able to do that.
Speaker 2: But up until that portion with Raoul, I was starting to really go, oh my gosh, how much longer is this movie? I can't Once I get a mission, now I'm on it. Now I'm wanting I'm rooting for this character. I want her to complete the mission.
Speaker 1: A part of me just wanted her to end up on the elevator. But anyway, we're back at Limboland, Catherine is abruptly woken up by Raoul, who noticed she got in very late. She asked him why he's not in heaven, and he reveals he died because he got sick for a really long time. He left behind a lot of friends and family that really loved him. That doesn't explain why he's in limbo though, because he got.
Speaker 3: Sick and we never go back.
Speaker 1: No, it seems like they should have put him in heaven if he was sick for a very long time. He says she has a chance to make it to heaven, even though she's a sinning dentist. He tells her to do what she thinks is right and she'll make it. Maybe what he meant by I was sick for a long time was like I was evil, But then he would have just gone to hell, so I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I even went like when the way he was saying sick, I was like, like.
Speaker 3: Are we maybe relating this to drug? Were you right?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 3: Like that that's what I mean, like decision sickness.
Speaker 1: Like maybe that's what it is. Maybe that's supposed to because the.
Speaker 2: Way he was saying it definitely was a little more sketchy side than it was. I was sick with cancer. I had to go through you know whatever I dak.
Speaker 1: You know, maybe you're right, Maybe you're right. Maybe that's what the sick is that he's he was an addict or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something like that, Like it was more of a darker sickness versus it being a right.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe you're right. So the next morning, Catherine turns from the real world and Rogers is waiting for her. She wants to know why she keeps visiting the same house. Rogers thinks Catherine is up to something. She'll find out what it is eventually and then send her straight to hell. At school, that little Tiny Bully and his friends start bothering Bobby, Carrie, and Trevor. They all defend the tooth Fairy and show off the coin. The little jer wants a coin too, so the boys all fight each other, are hoping to knock out each other's teeth. This sends him all to the principal's office.
Speaker 2: Why is Bobby there? What did Bobby do? He was literally just standing there watching the boys fight. No one gets sent to the principal office for watching a fight.
Speaker 1: But a thought because he's at the principal's office because he's making all the other kids believe in the tooth Fairy.
Speaker 2: This is when I start to lose it now. And because adults are in on this, and this is like a witch hunt, you cannot just oh, he's making my kids think that the tooth fairries for real. That sounds like a parental problem, not Bobby's problem.
Speaker 1: Nope, blame the kid. You gotta blame the.
Speaker 2: Child who cares if he still has an imagination. This is when I at these parents and these adults in this stupid movie.
Speaker 3: Now I'm getting mad.
Speaker 2: And heat it over here.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm glad you're we on the same plane again. I'm glad around the crap plane again together.
Speaker 2: I love it once again at the adults in the movie that they always make me mad, but you're always you.
Speaker 1: Jumped off for a while though you were on a new Delta flight. You're back on Spirit Airlines with me. I love it. I love it. Yeah. So this sends all the kids to the principal's office, where Bobby tells mister Norris all about his new fairy friend. This infuriates the administrator and he calls Bobby's dad he calls Bobby's dad, which finally gets him to pay attention to his son.
Speaker 2: But he also is not saying, also, the three of you who are fighting and put in your hands on each other, No, go ahead and go back to class. You're good.
Speaker 3: That's the more important part.
Speaker 2: You're punching, okay, having an imagination. We got to talk about it and ruin your whole life right now, that's what's happening.
Speaker 3: By the way, Santa Claus isn't real either yet.
Speaker 1: What yeah, thank you so much for that to everybody was like, what are they doing? Yes, So his dad knows that Bobby misses his mom, but he has to ditch the silly tooth fairy thing. There is no such thing. But Bobby says, yes, she is real and she cares for him, just like his mom did that night. Bobby's dad is so sad that he stares at a picture of his wife and talks to the ceiling asking for advice. Very sad. We pull out to reveal Catherine was there the whole time, listening in because she's now a creepy stalker. He's in love with this man, and we go right from this where he's sitting there just lamenting about his dead wife to her staring at him while he's getting on Christ moment.
Speaker 2: We've got a pre Magic Mic moment.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh my god, I couldn't stay.
Speaker 2: I couldn't because I didn't know how far we were gonna.
Speaker 1: Oh oh god.
Speaker 2: Okay, what a wife, Peter, But what kind.
Speaker 1: Of creepy lady is she? He's sitting there lamenting the death and she's like, take it off, big boy, Like yeah, stripped down as you stare at the picture of your dead and forgotten wife, Like, what the hell is happening? People?
Speaker 3: It was like a prequel to Magic Mike. I couldn't even handle it Toothy Mike movie of all, but.
Speaker 1: It was weird, just in time for the Disney censors. Though, Raoul jumps in what is she doing? What is he? What is she doing here? He forces her back to limbo Land to avoid trouble. The next day, in Bobby's class, kids are eating taffy to lose teeth. The boys all decide to sleep at Bobby's with their newly removed teeth, and in no time she arrives. So apparently rules are out the window. I'm gonna show myself to forty thousand kids at a time.
Speaker 2: Right, and I again, I mean correct me if I'm wrong, But I don't remember the tooth fairy ever happening at anyone else's house. You have to be, It's like that's a I feel like a known rule. You ever be in your own bed?
Speaker 1: Yes, tooth fairy parties wasn't a thing. No, what you can't do tooth popping up and showing herself to everybody. She's terrible at this job. It's just terrible watching people get undressed creepily with kids. There's now a whole bunch just terrible. Everyone sees her, but one bully who she thinks has lost his innocence. The boy thinks that the boys think that's so cool, and Catherine says not to go there because you know he's They obviously think he's he's boned. This guy's bumped uglies, he's done the hank of chunka and they're like, he's like seven. It's disgusting. What are you people thinking? Like, how is that even a joke? There?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I know it was so off putting.
Speaker 2: It was like it was wait, well, at that age, I guess that free pubscent there. If they have older brothers, maybe they'ne there. It wasn't necessary. It was a silly, silly, unnecessary joke.
Speaker 1: She says, he must have lost all his baby teeth and that's why he's not seeing her. She trades the silver corn for the tooth and takes off. The next day at school, now Trevor wants to get in on the action because he wants advice on how to lose weight, so we get a montage of seeing the tooth fairy helping Trevor work out, which I love.
Speaker 2: The actor that is that he's so funny.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 1: He's yelling like everybody else, but he's great.
Speaker 2: Yes, but these mo this montage moment that he has with her working out is what you think of when you see him, you know, little giants, all those movies that you see.
Speaker 1: Yes, of course that's.
Speaker 2: Where he's funny. He's like a funny physical actor and I love that.
Speaker 1: Great at all that stuff. But she is now helping him lose weight, teaching Carrie about becoming a doctor. We even see headlines about kids in the area losing teeth at record speed and a class photo with everyone missing their chompers all the while Rogers is trying to figure out whatever Shenanigans is going on, and worst case scenario back on Earth, some moms have charged into school for some answers. If the Tooth Theory has a TV that can see whatever she wants, why can't the people in limbo watch her TV to see what she's doing all the time? Right Anyway, at this point, I was like just kind of looking around, going like, oh, that's a cool color. Blue. Yeah. Meanwhile, Carrie has passed her biology tests and is going to be able to go to camp. And just then Catherine arrives at school too. She was watching on the monitor and has come to congratulate Carrie. Bobby gets jealous when he realizes that everyone knows Catherine's real name but him. He storms off. He storms off like a little He storms off like a little whiner. Then all whiners are wieners. Then all the students see the Tooth Fairy and surround her in fury. She tries to apologize, so she's just showing up at schools Now, honey, now we're talking to the entire entire school.
Speaker 4: YEP.
Speaker 3: Nineteen ninety seven, yep, middle school.
Speaker 1: I don't get it. She tries to apologize to Bobby, but he sarcastically calls her too popular now to help. At the same moment, the moms are accosting the principle about this tooth fairy nonsense. He says he's done all he can and is not responsible. But they see they're like talking about, like literally expelling this kid. They see that the energetic circle outside, and they says it's linked to Bobby and they're going to talk to him and his dad one more time. Raoul arrives to take Catherine back to Limboland again because it's judgment Day. When she gets back, she's very scared and horribly overacting. Catherine is sent to the judgment trailer, where she states her case to a panel of judges all named Joe. Joe one asked Katherine if she was ever fully aware of the rules when she took the tooth person job, because she's repeatedly broken so many of them. Although it seems to be an open and shut case, another Joe notes that data makes this case a little more complicated. The tooth Fairy approval rating is at an all time high, but still she's not going to heaven. Catherine is given one more week to clean up her act. If she breaks the rules one more time, it's hell for her. Katherine is very happy about the second chance. Now back in her TV lounge, Catherine watches the parents still complaining to the Principle. Now with Bobby's dad getting the brunt of the anger, he defends Bobby. He now believes his son and thinks the tooth Fairy is real. This very much excites both Catherine and Bobby, who are walking by. In turn, the Principle expels Bobby. He kicks the case out of school for believing in the tooth Fairy.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm real, Okay.
Speaker 1: So Catherine knows she has to act fast. She speeds back to Earth, even though Raoul begs her to stay. She knows it's gonna ruin her chance a heaven, but she needs to be seen by the adults and save Bobby, so she leaves with a mission. Back at school, the students, led by Trevor, stand up for Bobby. If he's expelled, so is everyone else, and then Catherine arrives. The kids all see her, but the adults still see nothing. Bobby has touched that she came back to help, and Bobby's dad is now fully believing everything hook Line and Sinker. Apparently he's even attracted to somebody that he can't see.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the dad portion was very confusing. At this moment, Catherine knows she has to let her guard down to be seen. I don't know what's happening anymore. She tries her normal song and dance thing. Nothing's working right.
Speaker 1: As her about to accept the punishment, she passionately hugs Bobby. She says she's sorry and this is a true act of love. So she appears to everyone, which was mentioned nowhere.
Speaker 2: Nowhere. She's not a rule this, Yeah, it was to be allowed to or allowing people to love her and loving other people.
Speaker 3: I get it. The hug, the embrace.
Speaker 2: Okay, I guess I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't get it, but yeah, she appears for everybody. The now flabbergasted adults can see her. She nots just she's the tooth Fairy and drops some corny jokes. She tells the adults they aren't listening to their kids and must do something about it. Rogers and Raoul then appear to take her away, presumably to send her to hell, and she's ghost napped. She tells Bobby she loves him and she disappears, and when.
Speaker 2: She I love you, Bobby, one of the parents has fainted.
Speaker 1: I hated it away, just oh gosh, we are now returning.
Speaker 3: Parents were the worst.
Speaker 1: It's some of the weirdest and worst adults. And not saying.
Speaker 2: Hated them, hated them. And there's one dad that comes out of nowhere. There's three moms the whole time. Yeah, they are just annoying and just so just ridiculous and over the top. Then there's a dad that when we get in the theater that has joined forces out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: We just need a dad here.
Speaker 2: So we just needed ace like that was so strange.
Speaker 1: We're now returning to limbo land. Rogers is comming to her and Catherine straight to the elevator. Her time has come. Even the marching band is playing. They close the door and she says goodbye to her pal Raoul. They press the button and Catherine is slowly lowered into the fiery depths of Satan's embrace as we see a signature Disney montage of the entire movie.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 1: They basically show the whole movie, but it's black and white. We even get some never before seen footage of her tombstone, and when the montage ends, instead of seeing Hell, we see Catherine in the aftermath of that original weird bike BMW crash, laying in the street. She's not dead, but then why did she take the elevator?
Speaker 2: We we find out from from our buddy in like two seconds after she gets helped. She gets helped up with her friend with Yssie.
Speaker 1: And helped motorcycleless guy.
Speaker 2: There's a weird moment and a weird joke about her Missy being.
Speaker 3: Married, and that was very strange.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's on a strange note. But Rabul comes out of nowhere and you're.
Speaker 1: Like, okay, So she thinks it was all a dream, but she makes it back to your office. Raoul, now dressed in normal earth clothes, stops her. He says to make the most of her second chance, gives her flowers, and then leaves. We hear a whistle and it's Rogers, now as a traffic cop. She mouths that she'll be watching Catherine. So she's not in heaven or Hell. She she's now a third option we don't know about. It's not heaven, it's not Hell, it's not limbo.
Speaker 2: We don't know, and it's not a second choice chance either this is her third chance.
Speaker 1: Right, but now she has to love but maybe stop being a dentist. Is that's the going to lead her to hell?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we're now back at her office. Catherine gives her neglected assistant to Flowers, asked her to bring her boyfriend who she gets his name right, Dan this time over on Sunday night and gives her the rest of the day off. This new Catherine is a completely different person. And guess who her first patient is. It's Bobby. He can't believe it's Catherine. She thanks him for all the help, and she notices his last baby tooth and pulls it so he recognizes her when he's in there, and he's like, thank you for everything. And I was once again like, wait a second. If we go back to the accident, she never met Bobby, no, so how would he remember her. It hasn't happened yet.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, can you see what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this happened post accident. Oh so if you go back to the accident, none of the Bobby's stuff ever happened.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, see I was just going with it like he still had his baby tooth, so this was the last of it.
Speaker 3: But you're right, this wasn't if it needed to be three months later. It needed to be that later. But I didn't even realize that. But I mean, come on, there was a lot going on.
Speaker 2: I was used none of it happens, but anyway, I had to give myself a break for this one.
Speaker 1: She thanks, thanks Bobby one last time, but he just stares at her blankly. What is this lady talking about? Now that he's lost his last baby tooth, the innocence is gone, puberty has apparently taken over. He doesn't remember her at all. She's just his new dentist, and he doesn't believe in the tooth fairy. She goes with this new relationship just as his hot dad walks in, Hey baby, I can't wait to watch you strip tonight. He seems smitten, but doesn't fully remember her. As Bobby and his dad leaves, she invites him to a baseball game on Friday, and then walks them to her car. We see someone sitting in the waiting room covered by a newspaper. It's revealed to be Limbo land Cupid. He's done his job. The narrator then reminds us to go for everything we want in life, because there's no reason to be here if we don't, except if it's a dentist, because that'll send you to hell. Catherine dances again, and that is our movie. Oooh boy, Oh, I'm exhausted. I'm exhaustipated after watching this movie and talking about it. So can we maybe do some real reviews? And you've got the five star review this week, Sabrina and I love the name. I was just good.
Speaker 2: Love this five star from chrisco White two thousand and three.
Speaker 1: Love it, christ Go White, great, love it.
Speaker 2: All right, the cutest movie ever made. Christy Ali is the best due very yet.
Speaker 3: It's a great movie to boost imaginations and will be in my family for a long time.
Speaker 1: Very nice, of course. The one star review, which I don't agree with this I don't this is from Jerry. Jerry said, Toothless doesn't look like a dragon. He looks like a flying toad. They should have made this dragon look like an actual dragon. I'm guessing Jerry confuse this with Toothless from How to Train Your Dragon franchise is what I'm say.
Speaker 2: All right, I didn't know there was more than one How.
Speaker 3: To Trade Your Dragon.
Speaker 1: I could argue we won't get into that, but I could argue the How to Train Your Dragon is one of the best trilogies ever made, because one of the old questions is what are your favorite trilogies? Because usually some not all three are good movies, right, and all three of the How To Train Your Dragon movies are pretty darn good.
Speaker 2: They really are.
Speaker 3: And this guy didn't like that one either.
Speaker 1: No, apparently not. And we're gonna go our favorite part of the podcast right now, which is the feature the game we play because Sabrina loves it so so much, and the one we have this week is called Facts and Plaque. This movie brings us into the world of teeth, and as a result, we'll be given some facts about teeth and we have to decide if they are real or just something made up by our producers to trick us. If we get three out of five correct, we win. Are you ready, Sabrina, Yes, here we go. Number one tooth enamel is the hardest substance in the body. True, I'm gonna say true as well.
Speaker 4: Great start, guys, that is true.
Speaker 1: Yes, number one? We ever gotten the first?
Speaker 2: All right, I'm gonna stop there.
Speaker 1: I just we won and Sabrina one thank you number in a record number two. Early versions of toothpaste used ingredients like crushed eggshells and ox hooves.
Speaker 2: That seems so ridonculous. It's almost true.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say true.
Speaker 3: I think so too.
Speaker 4: Oh No, do you guys know stuff about teeth? This is also true.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's two number three. The first known dentist was recorded in nineteen o three.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: No, it has to be false. I can tell you exactly why it's false. It's false because Doc Holiday was a dentist, and that was in the eighteen sixties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't imagine the nineteen oh three is No, that is false.
Speaker 3: Long ago, but not long enough.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say they were a dentist in ancient Egypt. So yeah, that was false.
Speaker 4: There, Doc Holiday is a dentist. That's so less intimidating it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Doc Holiday was a dentist in Georgia.
Speaker 4: Doctor doctor too. Exactly, you guys three in a row. That's the first time it's ever happened.
Speaker 1: Yes, the first time ever. We did it. I guess we just know a lot about teeth.
Speaker 4: I mean, we should just go through the other ones, but.
Speaker 1: That we should number four and I hope this is true. A dentist invented cotton candy. I'm gonna say false, but I hope it's true. I hope I'm wrong.
Speaker 3: No, I'm gonna say true, but I just how could that be happening?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say false.
Speaker 4: We're approaching a perfect score by Sabrina. It's true. William Morrison's a dentist in eighteen ninety seven, founded cotton candy.
Speaker 1: Really wow, and number five, brushing while upside down is forty percent more effective for cleaner and brighter teeth. I'm gonna say false.
Speaker 3: He's gotta be false.
Speaker 2: Please be false, because otherwise I just I can't imagine people brushing upside down.
Speaker 3: That's gotta be No, it's false.
Speaker 4: Lisa, can we place like fireworks and horns?
Speaker 6: Here?
Speaker 4: It is our first five out of five for Sabrina.
Speaker 1: I'm out of five for Sabrina.
Speaker 4: Yay, I mean to be.
Speaker 2: Honest, it's fifty to fifty. But still you I think it.
Speaker 1: You are the true tooth fairy. Sabrina. Now go and watch a strange man on dress in his room while talking to his kids.
Speaker 3: Well, as long as that strange man can be my husband, I think I'll go.
Speaker 1: Well, it's now time. Can we do a Sabrina Ceas.
Speaker 2: Please yes, and let me tell you it will be short and quick today, you guys, I just wanted to do a quick little highlight on two of the little actors we didn't recognize earlier in the episode. All the rest of my stuff, we basically talked about.
Speaker 3: What we see.
Speaker 2: A very young Kaylee Quoco, even younger than Ali Catch straight back. She was the second little girl friend, so not the one he had a crush on, but she had a blonde little bob. I recognized her, went on id IMDb and confirmed she's in the movie, very small, small part. She's adorable, she's super cute in and out, just a few scenes. And then I also I didn't see on the internet on IMDb, but I did confirm it with Lisa, our producer, that R J.
Speaker 3: Smith, who was a huge.
Speaker 2: Young Nickelodeon actor for a while. He was one of the three Bullies. He was one of them. He was from the show UH the Journey of Alan Strange on Nickelodeon, and he was a young little actor. Again, he didn't have a ton of lines. He was in there, but he was one of the bullies that's yelling all the time.
Speaker 3: But he likes stram pushing.
Speaker 2: It's r J.
Speaker 1: Smith, Okay, I confused it, No, I I think I'm confusing him with r J. Reynolds used to make my cigarettes. Oh so ye, I've never heard of them. That r J. Smith.
Speaker 2: He was a really he ended up being a really big young child actor on Nickelodeon. So I just wanted to give some highlights. I love when we get to see those young actors start with the Disney Channel and then go to do just such big things.
Speaker 1: So too good.
Speaker 2: That's it for me.
Speaker 1: That is great, and thank you. And now we must rate our film home. You know, we always do it every week. One out of ten or one yeah, one out of ten, that's the way you say. One being bad, ten being great. And our options this week we have one out of ten pirate coins, one out of ten dead limbo parties, one out of ten small bullies, one out of ten Disney deaths, one out of ten stairways to Heaven, one out of tend Stoker Tooth fairies, or one out of ten cool pranks. Trevor, would you like to pick or do I pick? This week?
Speaker 2: I will pick because I was a bigger fan of the movie, and I'm gonna keep it positive here.
Speaker 3: We are gonna pick Disney Days fairways to have it, because I did like that one, and I'll go first.
Speaker 1: I'll go, Okay, you go first, go ahead again.
Speaker 2: Well, I should probably add on a positive note, but it's fine. I'm gonna give this. That's not the most positive for me. As you know, I like to rate them as high as I can. Yes, this week, I could not rate it higher than a five point five. And I will tell you the point five was solely because Christy.
Speaker 3: Ally was in the movie. Okay, point the last point five. I just did it again, the back.
Speaker 2: And forth, the chaos of the shaky camera action while we were in limbo. I really tried to take that turn in the middle. As you saw.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 2: I was fighting to love this movie. I was fighting so hard, and I still at the end came up a little short. So it just was kind of a myth movie for me. So five point five Stairways to Heaven, that's good.
Speaker 1: Five point five. Hey, there you go. I uh, I am not going to be as generous with this one, and again, everybody out there, I get I am watching this as a forty eight year old man. I totally understand that this one, though I'd like to think even ten year old me would have gone, what the hell is this movie?
Speaker 2: I believe it.
Speaker 3: I believe it.
Speaker 1: Didn't get it. I just didn't get it. I just didn't get it. I wish I had another way to say. I everything about this movie just struck me the wrong way. That being said, great cast in other stuff, like I loved everybody in this movie in other things they've done. So I think I'm gonna very generously give this movie a four Stairways to Heaven.
Speaker 3: As bad as I thought you might, I could have gone lower.
Speaker 1: But I'm gonna I'm trying not to be overly.
Speaker 6: It was just it.
Speaker 1: I just didn't do it for me. But anyway, there we go. I'm giving it four Stairways to Heaven. Thank you everybody for joining us. And our next movie is helping ring in that time of the year. It's nineteen ninety six, is Wonderful World at Disney wwoh date We're sticking with it. Holiday Fair The Christmas Tree, which I think is a Hanukka movie. It is available for everybody for free on the YouTube's so Go Get It. And this week on our Magical Rewind Parkopper episode, we're talking to author Juliet de Villers. It was her best selling book that was turned into Read It and Weep, and she gave us even more insight on how that movie came together. It is a brand new point of view for the podcast. So let's hear a little clip of what you can expect.
Speaker 6: They changed a lot in the movie. I didn't have an older brother, I had an older sister. She did not talk to her alter ego in interesting ways. Oh we said flick. I had it like them flicking instead of zapping. Oh okay, when you say flick somebody off, that's probably not the greatest.
Speaker 1: It was a really fun interview. We even got to hear a little bit about what happened with Sabrina's book with Julia. It was very cool. So make sure that you check it out and remember also to subscribe to our feed. You can just search for Magical Rewind wherever you get your podcasts and subscribe and follow along, and you can follow us at Magical Rewind Pod on the Instagram Machine. Thank you so much everybody, and we'll see you next time.
Speaker 3: Bye bye