Speaker 1: Hey, this is Stephen Ferdik.
Speaker 2: I'm the pastor of Elevation Church and this is our podcast.
Speaker 1: I wanted to thank you for joining us today.
Speaker 2: Hope this inspires you. Hope it builds your faith. Hope it gives your perspective to see God is moving.
Speaker 1: In your life. Enjoy the message.
Speaker 2: I'm going to continue this series from Matthew chapter six. I don't know if I'll preach it all from the Sermon on the Mouth, but it's a very good place to start, A very good place to start.
Speaker 1: What's that from?
Speaker 2: Let's start at the beginning, A very good place to start. What's that from?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Sound of music? That was unintentional. I don't like sound of music. But anyway, we're gon. We're gonna look at Matthew six, which I do like. And these profound, powerful words from Jesus. And last week's message was intended to help you evaluate your values. I was thinking that a lot of times, if we play the game, and even if we play the game well, but we win at things that are not true to our values, eventually we will get good at winning. But what are we winning at? And what have we won? And so in order to try to avoid all of this empty sense of chasing after victories that are not meaningful. We're getting into God's definition of success, God's idea of what is worth winning at, and we're looking at this together.
Speaker 1: And it was cool to me.
Speaker 2: When I was in the airport Monday, I got the opportunity to meet one of our new church members. He said, I've been coming for a little while. I've been going to church all my life, been learning a lot. It's been helpful. I said, what did you learn yesterday? I put them on a pop quiz and he said, oh, yeah, that was good yesterday. When you said shallow values produce empty victories. I was like, whoa, You got it exactly right. Usually people when they quote back your sermon to you, they mess it all up and they don't make it rhyme, and they switch the words all around.
Speaker 1: Makes you mad. But he got it just right. Then he started preaching other parts, and he said.
Speaker 2: I went home and I told my wife and my kids, I love y'all, but leave me alone the rest of the day. And he's a successful person in his field.
Speaker 1: His name is Stephen. I knew he was a great man of God from that fact.
Speaker 2: And he said I'm really just dealing with emptiness, and in that emptiness, I realize it's a lot of times because my values are shallow. So I've been listing, I've been spending. Just since you preach, he said, I've been thinking about my values, not what I think they should be, not what I want them to be, but what are my values, and then aligning those values with God's values.
Speaker 1: So let's continue the process.
Speaker 2: Let's go right on to Matthew chapter six, verse twenty five, A very relevant scripture today that I want us to look at together Matthew six twenty five.
Speaker 1: Jesus speaking therefore, I tell you do.
Speaker 2: Not worry about your life what you will eat or drink, or about your body what you will wear is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes. Look at the birds of the air. They do not sow or reap or store away in barns. And yet I love that, somebody say, and yet.
Speaker 1: I don't deserve the grace of God.
Speaker 2: And yet I don't have the educational background. And yet nobody in my family ever broke this barrier. And yet I made some mistakes in my life, and yet I just like little stuff like that when I'm reading the Bible, y'all do what you want to do. I'm stop for those little phrases and point them out to you. And yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?
Speaker 1: Tell?
Speaker 2: Somebody next to you say, I'm better than a bird. I might not be better than you, but I'm better than a bird. I'm worth more than a bird. I know that much. Are you not much more valuable than they? We're gonna come back to that. Can any one of you by worrying at a single hour to your life? No, but you can take some off, or you can wish you were dead, because it'd be more peaceful than being in this living hell called your mind. Sometimes so he asked a question. Now, I notice how it starts with a command, and then it turns to a question. He said, do not worry? And now he says, and why do you worry? Why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spend. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon and all his gucci, was dressed like one of these.
Speaker 1: If that is how God closed.
Speaker 2: The grass of the field which is here today, tomorrow starting the fire, we will heat not much more.
Speaker 1: Cloth, you, oh you of little faith, So do not worry. Stop telling me that you know.
Speaker 2: The worst thing you can tell somebody when they're worrying is what don't worry unless you know something that they don't. Because like, I was watching a football game the other day, but it was recorded because I missed it, but the person that was watching it with me check the score, and we were cheering for the same team. So while I was watching the game, I was also watching them, and when it got a little scary, I just watched them. But when they didn't look scared, I didn't get scared. So when Jesus says don't worry, I figure he's already seen how this thing turns out.
Speaker 1: Come on this early to have church.
Speaker 2: But if you are grateful that the one who knows the end from the beginning is already prophesied to this current moment and declared that God is faithful, come on, give him.
Speaker 1: A shout of praise.
Speaker 2: Don't worry saying what shall we eat or what shall we drink? Yeah, yeah, Hallelujah is right. That's the only thing you can say when you think about this.
Speaker 1: This is good.
Speaker 2: This preaches itself. I don't need to make a comment. I could just read this over and over again for fifty minutes.
Speaker 1: We go home.
Speaker 2: So do not worry saying what shall we eat, or what shall we drink?
Speaker 1: Or what shall we weare?
Speaker 2: For the pagans run after all these things. These are shallow values. This is what the world worries about. Want to worry about something, Worry about something worth worrying about. Worry about teen suicide rates, You just gotta worry. Worry about that, Worry about racism. You want to worry about something, worry about that. I want to worry about something. Worry about this crazy cycle of fear that we're all living in. If you want to worry about something, but don't worry about this, for the pagans run after all these things.
Speaker 1: Only Father knows that you need them.
Speaker 2: But seek versus Kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Speaker 1: Each day has trouble enough of its own.
Speaker 2: The word God gave me to give to you today is reverse your worry.
Speaker 1: Reverse your worry.
Speaker 2: We're going to get this thing turned around before lunchtime today. Reverse your worry came in thinking one way, going to go home thinking another.
Speaker 1: Reverse your worry.
Speaker 2: Turn to somebody and say it's time to turn it around. So why do you worry? That's the question. The command is do not worry. And then the question is verse twenty eight.
Speaker 1: Let's see it again, why do you worry?
Speaker 2: And at this point, if it was anybody other than Jesus asking the question, I would say, down and let me tell you. You know, Oh, I got a list. You want to know why I worry? Well, where do you want me to start? Like, first of all, let's start with October in the stock market.
Speaker 1: If you want to talk about worry.
Speaker 2: You want to talk about the first week in November you want.
Speaker 1: To talk about if you want? If you want, if you want to know why I'll worry?
Speaker 2: Okay, I got I got a thirteen year old, and a eleven year old and a seven year old, and they have the Internet. That's why I worry, Jesus, because something tells me that they are not yet of the emotional and mental health and capacity to have all of the information in the history of humanity in their pocket and I'm worried about what they're going to access.
Speaker 1: And there's no Bible verse about how much time to.
Speaker 2: Give your child on Instagram, if it is, I didn't find that somebody send me the scripture this week.
Speaker 1: That's why I'm worried.
Speaker 2: I'm worried. You know, why do you worry? Put the verse up again? Why do you worry? And I think that's important that we stop and think about the reasons that we worry, Okay, the reason that we worry, and be really honest about it. Because what I worry about more than anything is not what's happening to me, but it's whether or not what's within me is enough to handle. Is whether what's in me is strong enough to handle what happens to me.
Speaker 1: That's why I worry.
Speaker 2: I worry because as a pastor, I am concerned that maybe the way that I communicate would be more for consumption, and that people would come and hear the word or tune in online and hear the word and then.
Speaker 1: Just click off.
Speaker 2: But you know, it seems like more and more, or that people are just coming to church for what to get out of it, or just you know what, I like that preacher or I like that song. But that's a really shallow reason to come to church. And I worry that if people come from surface motivations, they're gonna get surface results in their life. And if people come from selfish motives, then they're gonna.
Speaker 1: Get empty, empty results. So why do you worry?
Speaker 2: Let's talk about it.
Speaker 1: Just me and you. Now it's just us. Why do you worry? What? What do you worry about more than anything else.
Speaker 2: What's the thing that had you up at three point thirty this morning and your mind started spinning?
Speaker 1: Because this is what happens. Your mind starts spinning.
Speaker 2: Some of us get up to use the bathroom, and then we never quite make it back to a arrested state because our bladders and our brains are both on demon possession, and so both of them are too full, and so we wake up in the middle of the night and here we are.
Speaker 1: And this is how it happens. For me. My mind just starts spin in, spin in.
Speaker 2: And the way that it is constructed in the original language. I've studied this passage quite a bit. I've come back to it several times in preaching, is that it says do not worry. That's the command or take no thought. That's literal, take no thought. Think about that. He's saying. A thought that presents itself to you can start you spinning in a direction if you take it. But it can't start you spinning if you don't.
Speaker 1: Hold on to it.
Speaker 2: I ap preached the whole message one time called hold that thought. Hold that thought, and you get a hold of a.
Speaker 1: Thought and you let it take you somewhere.
Speaker 2: But where you take that thought, eventually you find out it takes you somewhere. And for me, a lot of times I end up in this spin cycle. Do you know what I'm talking about? Talk to me the spin cycle of stress. I've noticed this about worry. Worry is circular. Worry is going round and round. It's not being concerned about something that's That's not what Jesus means.
Speaker 1: By don't worry.
Speaker 2: This isn't Jesus Bob Marley moment. You know, because I was reading it, like look at the birds. You know, it almost sounds it almost sounds like Jesus is telling me not to not to pay my bills.
Speaker 1: Just look at the birds. Look at the birds and the flower isn't beautiful? Isn't God good? Isn't He just the best.
Speaker 2: Don't you just love Jesus and his muchness?
Speaker 1: You know? So is not what he's saying, you know.
Speaker 2: You want me to be like a bird, lord is no. I want you to observe the birds. I want you to consider what they know that you don't. And maybe what they know that you don't is because they live where you don't at a higher altitude.
Speaker 1: Observe the birds.
Speaker 2: If I could title this message something other than reverse your worry, I'd call it look up, because in order to consider the birds, you got to stuff looking.
Speaker 1: All around you to make sense of your life.
Speaker 2: You know, because as long as you look around you, you've spen.
Speaker 1: Around and around and around and around.
Speaker 2: But when you break the cycle and consider that there is a God above you, who has gone before you, who lives within you, who is always for you, and that you are spoken for and known and named and called and chosen and set apart, you see your life at a different level.
Speaker 1: Can I freeze a little bit? Because I've been doing this a lot.
Speaker 2: It's funny that I just finished a whole series about anxiety called Triggered, and here we are back in this same idea, still spinning.
Speaker 1: It's still spinning. Worri is is like this. It's around and around and around.
Speaker 2: But notice one thing about all my spinning, other than the fact that some of y'all are getting dizzy just watching me do this, imagine how it feels to actually do it. Imagine how it feels for me actually doing it. Well, this is what it feels like when you're spinning, spinning, spinning, lots of motion, but I keep ending up right.
Speaker 1: Where I started.
Speaker 2: I'm right back here, only now I can't see straight.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: That's what it's like to toss and turn over.
Speaker 1: Stuff you can't control.
Speaker 2: Because after you've spent all night spinning, all day spinning in your head, and what if they and you know, it starts with the most innocent thought.
Speaker 1: It's not the devil. The devil's been at this a long time, sweetie. He's not gonna give you a bad thought.
Speaker 2: He's gonna try to give you an innocent thought and get you to take it in the wrong direction. A scenario that on the surface doesn't seem that bad, but it's the way you spin it. It's like, you know, Fox News and CNN, it's just it's one story they're telling, but it's spinning different ways, and it's how you spin it.
Speaker 1: That determines how you see it.
Speaker 2: I am preaching Matthew chapter six like it's my last time today, because when you get in that spin cycle, it's.
Speaker 1: Just around and around and around and.
Speaker 2: Around, and it doesn't make any difference. I'm not kidding anywhere. I'm not working on it. I'm not making progress anywhere. And the devil gets me so dizzy that now by the time that I'm facing my real life challenges, I don't have the equilibrium to apply the effort in the direction that would create a result. Because I'm so dissy, I can't find my balance, and now I don't know who to trust.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to do.
Speaker 2: WHOA hang on, I need a minute. I need a minute. I've been spinning, by the way. That's why it takes you a few minutes when you get to church to get your heart in the right place for the caffeine to kick in and for you to stop spinning. Yeah, Jesus said, look up at the birds, and then look at the flowers. The flowers, So when we look up, you want me look down. I want you to look both and notice something that the flowers don't do that your mind has been doing lately.
Speaker 1: He said, When.
Speaker 2: You look at the flowers, notice how they do not labor or give me the verse please twenty eight.
Speaker 1: They do not labor or.
Speaker 2: And yet, your father, they don't spin, they don't sew, The birds don't store away, the flowers don't spend.
Speaker 1: Yet, look how God does that on that level?
Speaker 2: And if he made you in his image, what makes you think that you have to spin out in these cycles? You know, these tormenting cycles, these confusing cycles where you start thinking, you know, all, oh my god, my kid needs bracists and you know it's the littlest things, isn't it.
Speaker 1: It's the littlest things that get you spenting.
Speaker 2: My kid needs Now, your kid's only two years old, but my kid's gonna need bracest because the first tooth grew in kind of crooked. And now you're looking at one crooked tooth and your two year old's got one little crooked tooth grown in. Oh my god, they're gonna need braces. Embraces with inflation is gonna cost four hundred and seventy three thousand dollars, and I won't have any money to send them in college so they're only gonna have to resort to gang violence. And then my child's gonna wind up in prison, and I'm gonna visit. Now you're in prison, your kid is too, and your kid's still too and you didn't keep them out of prison, and they're still gonna need bracests.
Speaker 1: So you've been.
Speaker 2: Going around and around and around in circles. But God said, today is your day to stop spinning. If your mind has been doing this, I came to preach to you, and the presence of the Lord is in this flag, and your.
Speaker 1: Father knows what you need.
Speaker 2: So stop spinning, stop worrying about what God is already working on, and just worship him.
Speaker 1: Come on, take fifteen seconds.
Speaker 3: I know you can't do it all the time, but you're in the right place today. Let's give him praise and honor and glory that our needs are met for his name.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 2: That's all worship is. You know, worship is worry in reverse.
Speaker 1: See, worry is.
Speaker 2: When I start with my situation and then I spin round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round. But God said, stop spinning, and instead of starting your meditation with your situation, art with your source.
Speaker 1: When you know who your father is it since.
Speaker 2: You spinning in a different direction.
Speaker 1: Come on, I know who he is, I know what he's done, and I know what he's gonna do. And stop spinning.
Speaker 2: Find seven people, tell him stop spinning. It's not working round and running circles like the Israelites.
Speaker 1: For forty three years. Why are you worried?
Speaker 2: I would understand it if it was working. I wrote a country song one time. Well, not a whole song, just a chorus. Okay, well that's never happened before. Yeah, I know it's ambreller Father, bless them in the name of Jesus.
Speaker 1: Well, it's like that, you know, like worry is like that. It's like the.
Speaker 2: And sometimes it's going off, but you can't you can't do anything about it.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's like that.
Speaker 2: It's like think think about think about the day we live in where we're constantly being hit with breaking news, breaking news. Trump had lunch, breaking breaking news, and so it's almost impossible for us to have priorities because we're being fed so much fear. When your father feeds you, it builds your faith.
Speaker 1: When you start with who God is.
Speaker 2: You know, when you start with that when you start with your source, you end up where you started. And if you start with God, you end with God. If you start with theater, you end with fear. If you start with shortage, you end with shortage. If you start with your situation, you'll be like Elisha's servant in Second King sixth. This is a great Old Testament story to illustrate what I'm talking about, because the servant woke up one day and found that the camp was surrounded with the Arabians, who were the enemies, and he woke Elisha.
Speaker 1: He's like, oh, my lord, what shall we do?
Speaker 2: That's exactly what the Bible says, and that's exactly.
Speaker 1: What you've been saying. Oh my lord.
Speaker 2: You know, like I'm surrounded, and now this preacher is talking about birds and lily's and petunias and chrysanthemums, and here I am trying to pay bills and my mom has Alzheimer's and this dude's up here talking about birds. All right, Well, Elisha could have prayed that God would destroy the enemies that were surrounding the camp, but he didn't.
Speaker 1: He didn't.
Speaker 2: He prayed something more powerful. And what he said is what I'm praying for. Us in this game Changer series, because this is the game changer, not that God takes your enemies away, but that he enables.
Speaker 1: You to see beyond.
Speaker 2: Them, not that he takes your problems away, but that he enables your faith to see beyond them. Now, the first circle is the enemies, and they were real. But Elisha prayed Lord open his eyes that he may see, that he may see what that there are more with us than with them. So the first circle says, I'm overwhelmed. The first circle says I'm outnumbered. The first circle says there's nothing I can do. And on the surface this is the truth. But the second circle, when the servant opened his eyes, he saw what had been there all along.
Speaker 1: There was a host of angel armies.
Speaker 2: Surrounding the first circle, and what was on the outside was greater than what was on the inside. Whatever is surrounding you, God is already surrounding it. And so much of our peace is depending on whether we can perceive the second circle. When you live in the first circle, it's always it's always never enough. If you start with not enough, you end with not enough. If you start with el Shadai, who is more than enough, you end with.
Speaker 1: More than enough, So reverse your worry. My Father knows what I need.
Speaker 2: I had needs, and I don't start with the need, because if I start with the need, I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna end with the need.
Speaker 2: But if I start with a God who knows.
Speaker 1: What I need, I will end with a.
Speaker 2: God who knows what I need. He is Alpha and Omega, the beginning in the end, the first in the last. So reverse your worry, Jesus says, Look at the birds, look at the flowers. You are more valuable than them, and yet your father cares for the lesser.
Speaker 1: Will he not much more? Take care of you? Means this.
Speaker 2: If God is doing this level of detail, don't you think that he has already determined your expected end.
Speaker 1: If he can do that, surely he can do this. If he did that, he can do this.
Speaker 2: So there are some things in my life that God did, and if he did that, he can do this. This is the second circle, and this is where we've got to live. But in order to do it, we'll have to reverse it, because when we start with shortage, we end with shortage, time, energy, money, any of it.
Speaker 1: Jesus says, here's the game changer.
Speaker 2: One of the most famous verses in scripture, by the way, But now that you've got it in context, I hope it comes a life for you in.
Speaker 1: A new way.
Speaker 2: He said, if God cares for the lesser, he will take care of the greater. If he takes care of the little, he'll take care of the lot. You're the lot.
Speaker 1: You're valuable to him. But you.
Speaker 2: Verse thirty three seek first the Kingdom and his righteousness, not your own, your own.
Speaker 1: Ideas and appearances. What shall we eat? What shall we drink? What shall we eat? What shall we drink?
Speaker 2: Isn't it funny that we're still posting today, two thousand years later about the same stuff that Jesus said not to worry about in Palestine, what we ate and what we wore? It is so circular, you know, like we're still worried about the same things.
Speaker 1: How am I gonna make it? How am I gonna pay? How am I going to this and that and the other? And you know, and I've got my income taxes now went up in a bracket, and God blessed me.
Speaker 2: But now I got more taxes or I'm waiting on God to bless me. What shall we eat? That survival? What shall we wear? That status? And we go round in these circles over.
Speaker 1: And over and over and over and over and over and over again.
Speaker 2: But if I start with the kingdom, God will give me the things seek first His kingdom give them the scripture verse.
Speaker 1: I want you to see this. More than see it, I want you to believe it.
Speaker 2: If you seek first His Kingdom and his righteousness, all these things will be given to you as well. See, you protect what you prize, and your peace ought to be important to you.
Speaker 1: But the only way to.
Speaker 2: Live in God's peace is to have God's priorities. Now, in my life, every time that I have had a lack of peace, it was because something was wrong with my priorities.
Speaker 1: And the reason that I can prove.
Speaker 2: That now is because it wasn't the presence of problems that created the absence of peace. Sometimes in the midst of my greatest problems, I had the greatest peace.
Speaker 1: That makes no sense, I understand, but it's true.
Speaker 2: Nonetheless, in some of the seasons of my greatest problems, I.
Speaker 1: Experienced my deepest peace.
Speaker 2: I think that's because sometimes problems help us to clarify priorities. Yes, if my priorities, if I don't seek first the kingdom, and I'm seeking the things. I will run after all the same things that the pagans run after, and it will be like I don't even have a god.
Speaker 1: In my real life. Thanks Mom.
Speaker 2: I was like this, somebody give me your phone, Give me your phone.
Speaker 1: Somebody with an iPhone? What is it? Now?
Speaker 2: Ten? Super another way for Apple to get my money by changing the way I charge the stupid device.
Speaker 1: You're a note taker, Oh thank God for this guy. Will you send me these when the sermon's over.
Speaker 2: My notes are terrible. I don't even look at them. They're horrible. Your notes are good. Oh I'm gonna ask you something. If you left your phone at church, would you come back and get it? How about if you left your phone an hour away, would you drive an hour to get in?
Speaker 1: Two hours? Three hours? This phone is important.
Speaker 2: I'm starting to wonder what you got on this phone, some kind of business transactions.
Speaker 1: You trust me a lot, Hand me this phone and you come back and get it.
Speaker 2: But I noticed people will leave their peace just anywhere, and we would run back. I see some of you while I'm preaching. You can't even sit through a fifty minute message without reaching for your phone. You breaking out rashes coming all up on. You can't check your phone, the phone's buzzing in front. But but you leave your piece just anywhere, and we would put more importance on a possession and we'll go back and get it.
Speaker 1: Oh, I lost my phone. My phone, like you're not wearing pants out the house or something like that.
Speaker 2: But you won't even apologize to get your peace back and seek the kingdom.
Speaker 1: Come get this phone.
Speaker 2: You got a snap coming through us from AA Steph.
Speaker 1: I don't know who she is, if she's que.
Speaker 2: So somebody shout, I want my peace back, And the only way.
Speaker 1: For that to happen is for you to get your priority.
Speaker 2: Straight, friends and family. This is why I teach tithing. Woo, A wave of silence visited the church, because when I put God first and I prioritize His purpose in my life. Don't you see that in any area of my life? When I start with God, I end with God. So look, it's not some Old Testament principle. It is a principle that when you trust God, you invest your treasure in the one that you trust. So when I say God, this portion has set aside for you. Guess what I start My resources spinning in the direction of God's kingdom, and then I can trust him to take care of my needs. That's why we bring the offering at the end of the year. It's about trust. It's about training my heart to trust God. Aren't you sick of spinning like this? Just like the world's spin? I mean, really, really, people of God, if we are if we're gonna worry like the world worries, how are we gonna win the world that we worry?
Speaker 1: Just like.
Speaker 2: I think the distinguishing mark of the people of God and the day that we live in is a supernatural peace that will become so attractive to people in the world that we won't even have to preach to them. They will see our peace and they will want to meet the author of the giver of peace, the Prince of Peace, whose name is Jesus.
Speaker 1: And so.
Speaker 2: In this season, I've been asking God to start me spinning in the right direction, even the way I start my day.
Speaker 1: I need to start my day spinning in the right direction.
Speaker 2: You know, I really don't need to read the news within the first thirty minutes that I'm awake.
Speaker 1: And by the.
Speaker 2: Way, there are certain people that I don't need to talk to for the first hour I'm at work because they might start me spinning. Ah, tell somebody stop spinning and learn what the flower learned. If I stay planted, learn what the bird learned. If I stay above it, then my guy will supply.
Speaker 1: All my needs. Let's give him praise for it today.
Speaker 2: Come on, give him a good praise like you think he deserves, Matthews, give him the praise you think he's worthy of.
Speaker 1: A proved himer Hanger.
Speaker 2: Oh Jesus, Jesus, prassious.
Speaker 1: Jesus, Oh for grace. Now listen.
Speaker 2: How many of you would say, everyone's standing now, no one's leaving.
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 2: How many would say I am a world class warrior like I am an Olympic level warrior. Those of you here, if you could stand, I'm about to pray for people.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I'm a wor wave at me.
Speaker 2: If you're a world class warrior like they need to write a front page Sports illustrated about.
Speaker 1: Good news. Good news.
Speaker 2: If you are a world class warrior, you have the potential to become a world class worshiper.
Speaker 4: Because worship is worry in reverse. Come on, spin around one good time. If you know God's got this.
Speaker 2: I'm not looking at tomorrow worried about it. I will be confident in this, but I will see the goodness of the Lord.
Speaker 1: Come on, take a good spin, man.
Speaker 2: If you can stay, please stay. I want to pray a blessing over you. When you start with God, you end with God. And the situation that you're facing today is not necessarily going to lift or remove. But the second circle is what God is already doing. And I just thought it'd be good to join our faith together today. You know, I really want to treasure these moments to minister, and that's why I've been asking, Hey, if you don't have to leave, if nothing is like going to burn your house or anything like that, while.
Speaker 1: We're in here, please stay with us.
Speaker 2: Because sometimes you hear the word, but you don't seal it, and you just let the devil take it, just take it, just take it. You just let him take your word and snatch it and snatch it. But snatch it back, snatch it back. This is a moment for you to take your peace back. This is a moment for you to take your focus back. And I want to pray for that. But peace only comes through correct priorities. It's not a feeling. It's a sense of ordering your life. Jesus said, if you build your life on the right foundation, you can withstand any storm. And I just feel today that as I've been ministering, the Spirit of the Lord has been translating my feeble attempts to get this message preached, putting it in the exact frame where you need to see.
Speaker 1: What God is doing in your life. And I want to ask you today if you have.
Speaker 2: Been spinning around trying to solve things in your own strength, and you want to steal your heart in the presence of God. One thing I love to do is lift my hands to my Father in heaven. Would you do that right now and close your eyes, Oh you of little faith.
Speaker 1: When you have a father.
Speaker 2: Who knows how to feed you, you don't have to run to the world for scraps, and you have a father who knows what you need, you can trust your deepest desires are being met in each moment.
Speaker 1: Greater than the breath that we.
Speaker 2: Breathe, greater than the song that we sing. The grace of God is in this moment, Holy Spirit, I thank you for this ministry that.
Speaker 1: Has gone forth. Today.
Speaker 2: I asked that you would now enable it to become active in our lives.
Speaker 1: Then not only would we.
Speaker 2: Be hearers of the word, but doers also, and that this week you would show us how to.
Speaker 1: Reverse.
Speaker 2: Instead of starting with what's wrong, what's missing, what's not, what's gone, we would start with who you are, and that the peace of God that trenscends all understanding would guard our hearts and minds.
Speaker 1: In Christ Jesus, thank you for joining us.
Speaker 2: Special thanks to those of you who give generously to this ministry. Is because of you that this ministry is possible. You can click the link in the description to give now, or visit Elevationchurch dot org slash podcast for more information and if you enjoyed the podcast, you can subscribe.
Speaker 1: You can share it with your friends.
Speaker 2: You can click the share button, take a screenshot and share it on your social stories and tag us at Elevation Church.
Speaker 1: Thanks again for listening. God bless you