Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cow Boys.
Speaker 1: This is the Player's Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Hecma Harrison, and New He scruggs.
Speaker 3: Players Lounge.
Speaker 4: Let's rye oh, Let's rise with Danny McCrae.
Speaker 3: Heck Ma Harrison, Barry Church, how New He scrugs. Let's go ahead.
Speaker 5: I'll give you no I got nothing, no, no, no, right, you gotta get you had to give me the right now. Okay, listen to people who watch this show. They saw you on Friday when I wasn't here. You and Heckma, Okay, tag team in it here after because what happened was we had our little joke about seventy seven earlier in the week because knew it, came in and told us that. They said, keep guessing, you know what I'm saying. And when you had our little laugh, a little joke, O whatever.
Speaker 2: Then I leave on Friday. He's out of here. Okay. Church poses the question, Okay, just like that, it's seventy seven.
Speaker 5: The difference in this game, all right, between a win and a loss. Okay, and Newie and heckma, I'm talking about saying it with a chest yes, because we're gonna be able to hold on to the ball alonger, this is the difference yelling on the offensive line. Bosa's not gonna do all that stuff. Y'all said all this, Yes, that playoff collusion, this is in this game.
Speaker 2: I want to in this game. How did they play out? Sir? That's not what I No, no, that's not what I.
Speaker 4: Asked seventy seven. If as Clarence, he will say is what we're doing really?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, I'm saying you. You know, I'm saying you minimize the game down to Tyresman playing or not being the reason why we want Smith.
Speaker 4: Would be the reason. That could be the difference. That had nothing to do with it. They got to all Park, they got to a part, So go ahead. I mean, I mean, I was wrong, but.
Speaker 2: I know, I know we listen.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, we continue in talking about this Tyrn Smith thing for years, and I lead it, and I lead a room, and you say the San Francisco forty dollars the reason we gonna beat them is because Tyrans wound up.
Speaker 3: No, No, I know, I know I was run on seventy seven.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, listen, I'm okay, I'm okay. But knew something Wreckord now, No, No, knew he gonna sit in here. He's gonna sit in here and act like we ain't been talking about this on text mess for the last two ladies, Like he shouldn't have been expecting this. You know what I'm saying, Like I just came out of nowhere with it. We've been texting about this since Sunday, all right, so yeah, we know, we know you've been wrong, but you know you're gonna come in here.
Speaker 2: You know here is.
Speaker 5: But I watched it and I was like, it was more surprising than I expected it to be. But shout out to you for asking the question and getting a guy who's staying on the fence most of the time to hop on hop.
Speaker 2: On over them. Yeah, stood up. Shout out to you. Man.
Speaker 4: At the end of the day, seven had no was seventy seven the reason they lost this game.
Speaker 5: But he also wasn't the reason they would have won the game, not single handling. No, I think that was the question of the day.
Speaker 2: This team took it to him.
Speaker 4: Everybody, players, coaches, everybody. So I was wrong in terms of thinking seventy seven was gonna be.
Speaker 2: It was nothing.
Speaker 3: He I don't even know what his grade was, but it wouldn't matter you too.
Speaker 2: You was wrong to you, wrong to you, was right? He wasn't here.
Speaker 3: Yes, I want to I want to hit your thoughts on this game.
Speaker 2: I was what you thought about it? Man? You was their attendance. You've seen it, glad.
Speaker 3: I ain't changed the pic, y'all look like.
Speaker 5: It, right?
Speaker 2: What Kevin?
Speaker 4: The one thing that and I spoke about it was, cann't you put too much into a game that I did bring up? And my fear was you brought so much, You put so much into this and.
Speaker 3: Then you take the budgeting you did.
Speaker 4: Afterwards to sit up here you Micah, I'm right there asking him the question as he proceeds to say, you know, the score wasn't as bad as it indicated, and you know, talent wise, we feel like we're right there, and I'm like, man, this is some bravado talking. They stopped scoring, they took the foot off the gas. I'm sitting the press box like man, this twelve minutes to go. They still got a whole another quarter which they can distribute more punishment. It was like watching the Spence Bud Crawford fight, except in football.
Speaker 2: This was bad.
Speaker 4: This was bad and the whole measuring stick game that they tried to put it in. I was kind of worried about that.
Speaker 2: This is bad, bro.
Speaker 3: And they walked off this field basically laughing at you as a team like many boys ain't got non of us. They but not in there, not in our class. And and you gotta on it, you gotta take it.
Speaker 2: So let's see it.
Speaker 4: Tyler Smith did say something that was really He says, we will respond, so I want to see what the response is. But CD was mad afterwards. Jay Ron Kurst didn't want to talk. Ask him you want to talk. I don't want to talk, Okay.
Speaker 3: I'll cast don't want to say nothing.
Speaker 2: Well, one person is you can't stop talking. You can't stop.
Speaker 4: It's not stopped talking. It's just like what you were saying while you were like this doesn't add up as.
Speaker 3: To what we saw.
Speaker 2: This was bad.
Speaker 3: And I was there for the first part of DAK and he talked about he didn't expect it, didn't see it.
Speaker 4: But my my My fear about putting so much into one game is that you can sometimes put too much into it and then you end up like.
Speaker 3: This, where it was just the whole other way.
Speaker 4: But being there on the being there at the stadium and seeing how things were afterwards, and just then outside, man, these I don't know where they were staffed for the team or whatnot, but these.
Speaker 3: Two dudes were sitting on one of those little card to take things. Man, they turn on their boom box weed them buys, holla right outside of the.
Speaker 2: Just throwing this salting.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I was like, oh no, they now they just taking the salteam crackers in the whole back and they just throwing it on them.
Speaker 4: And you literally had to take it as a with the fans who were there, and you know, cowboys fans showed up and you.
Speaker 3: Had to take it. They were much much better. There was nothing good to say.
Speaker 2: Well, what is what is your what are your thoughts about?
Speaker 5: Because you were It's like if you go to a boxing match and you sit in ringside versus watching it on TV, and you brought up the Spence fight being in the stadium, what we saw on on on the tape and on the TV. Was that we got our physical you being there, Like, was it that obvious watching it from the press box? The feeling that you got after the game, I imagine like people walking out with eye patches on the elbows and everybody craft up and stuff. But yeah, but like we had a lot of guys go down, a lot of guys get hurt, and then you also got out physical offensively and defensively. This is the third time this has happened, all right, did it feel that way.
Speaker 4: Many when you guys were young, and heck, when I were watching early super Bowl the used to be a blowouts, and that's what it felt like.
Speaker 3: A super Bowl. You just got you thought we thought we was about to see something good and blow out.
Speaker 4: Or the times when I would go watch fights in Vegas and you just go and they oh boy, I thought I was about to see a fight.
Speaker 3: You see it blow out And that's what it was. It was a It was a blowout. They had one offensive drive that was worth anything and nothing else. They could not do anything with them. Kyle Shanahan was just putting on a clinic. He stopped scoring.
Speaker 2: It was Arnold got up in there. I thought they was going for fifty.
Speaker 3: I mean he stopped the man put the mercy rule like it was the TKO guy.
Speaker 2: You know, he shows dan Quince some love. Doog had the the hold on.
Speaker 3: Hey man, I'm gonna let you all come.
Speaker 2: Ye remember I did this to you? Remember that right?
Speaker 3: Okay, my name okay, get Yes.
Speaker 4: It was that to be there in the stadium. It's like a super Bowl, like, oh my gosh. You know when when Denver took on Washington next thyear, it was a forty two ten game.
Speaker 3: It was just it was a beating. The forty nine ers against fifty.
Speaker 2: It was a beating.
Speaker 3: This is what we watched, a beating.
Speaker 4: And for someone who has defended Dak Prescott a whole lot there was there was.
Speaker 3: You couldn't defend anything you saw.
Speaker 2: This was bad.
Speaker 4: You were supposed to show the same way you told us she was gonna show. I you saw him again and then you had tank Lord talk about to get back. Didn't want to talk afterwards to me. He talked to Gelkin for a little bit, but then he kept it quick. But okay, there was no get back. I mean, you guys got got and there was no lipstick putting on the pig I thought McCarthy did a good job owning it.
Speaker 3: But I go back to it's about the response, and you have to respond to the Chargers week.
Speaker 4: Hopefully you look at the tape and there's enough there that you said, boy, we have to clean up this or that. But the questions are legitimate. Can your defense stop anyone who's good? Can you stop a good quarterback? The questions are legitimate about the quarterback?
Speaker 2: Are you the right guy?
Speaker 4: Can you Can you go beat a significant team? Beating the Jets and beating the Giants and the Patriots is one thing, but can you beat a Charger team that people think is good? And even if you do, people are still gonna say, you those cowboys, what can you do when it truly matters?
Speaker 3: So they're gonna have to let this play out. We'll see where they go. But that was that was bad.
Speaker 4: That was just bad to watch you walk down there and you figure, now, I'm not gonna do what Dante Whitner.
Speaker 3: I saw Rodney Harrison.
Speaker 2: After I wanted to ask you. I want to I want to tell you because because new he said it, new he said it.
Speaker 5: He've been defending Dak Prescott for a long time and listen, you can still go on all the social media platforms and you see the people who have who felt like they may have went too hard on Dak Prescott. Now they all just all defenders of everything. I see Kurt Wanner doing film study of all this.
Speaker 2: I'm like brom Bro.
Speaker 5: You can say that the dude is not playing well or hasn't played well or didn't play well in that game, can we can? Is that a fair assessment of like Dak Prescott so far throughout the season with five touchdowns for deceptions, is it a fair assessment to say that so far the Dak Prescott that we expected to show up has not showed up. I think it's a fair assessment to say that your eyeball test on Sunday's game would have told you that they got to beat one hundred to zero. The score didn't matter all right. They got beat up in every facet of watching a football game. And the criticism of Dak is fair because what you've been asking for Dak to do and these situations against teams like these, to show up to make the defining play, like you've seen your defining plays. Everybody's looking for that from Dak. But I'm telling you, if you go back, as we've all watched the tape, it.
Speaker 2: Wasn't just on him. There were bigger pieces to what broke down in the game plan.
Speaker 5: And that's why when you come back from a loss like this, the questions are big and looming a general overarching because it's like, damn, Mike, how'd you come into the game with that game plan? Because none of that worked right. Even going back to Kellen and what Kellen would have caused, My thing is this, Kellen didn't win a Super Bowl. Kellen didn't win an NFC championship. He ain't get under that done. He lost to this same team. But to come into this game and get beat like that, the eyeball test was like, man, this is bad because no one, no one could have predicted that this loss would have been this lopsided. Even if the Cowboys at won forty two to ten, I would have been like, man, I wouldn't have thought we'd have walked in there and did them like that. I mean, this might be a little bit misjudged by this, this victory. But the San Francisco forty nine ers, you have to give them credit where credit is due. They called a masterful game plan, as we talked about yesterday. Buff for Dak he got to sit on the criticism. And you guys know, when y'all go back and watch the film, there are reasons for why, Guys, he's throwing an interception like Kurt Warner gives you illustrates like guy's breaking the routs at the same time or not. That's just all time and that's all practice. How do you go to Levi Stadium and get that wrong? What a deep ball didn't have nothing to do with Yeah? Okay, but yes, but I do I understand what you're saying. Are we gonna go there? I got no, I just got one more question. And I asked Church one more question because Justin Herbert is coming to town today. And I remember earlier in the season. Okay, because now now we got it. Now we got a good comparison here. Okay, Joe Burrow at the beginning of the season, right, you was like, oh man, what's going on with Joe Burrow? Had who do you feel better about after a loss like that? So when you saw Joe Burrow come out the first three weeks of the season, in your mind, did you say, well, I mean, he probably gonna be all right, or he was like it's done, thought he was gonna be give it now.
Speaker 2: When that goes out there.
Speaker 5: And plays like this and he continues to play like this, is there anything in your mind that says, you know, he gonna.
Speaker 2: Get it fixed? How don't mean ba like getting it fixed? Like he's like, are you worried? Are you worried?
Speaker 5: Do you think that he has that thing in him that says, you know what, Naw, we're gonna figure out the way that Aaron Rodgers Relax.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm worried when it comes to that.
Speaker 6: I am worried when it comes to because we look at the mistakes that he's been making so far when he's been tested, Like we can look about digest the Giants and the Patriots all we want, but he wasn't tested. He had a fourteen point leading, fifteen point lead, they were up multiple touchdowns before he had to do anything. But when we go to the games when he has to go out there and make a play. So far this season, what have we seen Arizona? He wasn't able to get it. He would drive all the way down there. He threw the game losing interception. We go to San Francisco where we all talked about this is gonna be the measuring stick. This is the game where it's gonna separate it, you know, contenders from you know pretenders out there, and what happened there's a three turner.
Speaker 2: There are bad interceptions.
Speaker 6: We're not saying like, you know, just went off to this guy's hands and then miraculously fell on the defender's life. No, these were all plays where he threw into coverage, like blatant coverage. If you look at it, the deep ball that was that wasn't an injustice right there. It's just it's just the mistakes that I'm worried about, because the mistakes he's making is something you would see.
Speaker 2: From a guy in his maybe second or third year.
Speaker 5: I just need to know the comfort level of Like it's certain quarterbacks that they go out there and they have a few bad games where you like, don't worry about it, it's gonna be it's gonna be all right. And then at what point do you start saying all right? Because we've always felt like this about that, like, hey man, don't worry fifteen picks lash, Yes, don't worry.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna throw you.
Speaker 5: Like you know what I'm saying, you feel that way, like, hey man, you're gonna come into the next year and say I'm not that like he's gonna get better.
Speaker 2: And then and then you.
Speaker 5: Start having these type of situations and you start to wonder like, okay, wait, at what point do you start to say, I don't.
Speaker 4: Know I'm smiling because you're singing boxing right now? You know we got to stay in eight camp. Yeah, that's what that's literally right now, that's what I would do it for that. That's that's where you're at right now. Stany heyke, you right for you coming to shaking him hands?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 5: You're good, You're good. And my question is have we seen Dak play better? Have we seen in his eighth year? Have we seen him play better?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: Because right now, I'm gonna be one hundred with you. I don't recognize this, dude. I don't recognize what I'm seeing from him on the field. I'm seeing him be tentative, I'm seeing him not be sure, and a lot of that is carryover from last season. But none of this seems to be like he's not. Come on, man, When Dak first came into the league, he was balling Rookie of the year. He was balling all right, he was going out there.
Speaker 2: Yes he did.
Speaker 5: He have limited throws. He could he make all the throws, No, but the ones that he could make he made. When he needed to run, he ran. I'm not seeing a guy that even on that same caliber, even when you you had him pegged as a bus drop, so to speak. Right, But I don't I don't recognize his game. I don't see him when we talk about him elevating this game even to the level that it was, I don't see it in this offense.
Speaker 3: To see a guy who is unsure.
Speaker 5: And the thing is and the thing is for him, It's like, dude, you're unsure of what you're looking at, and it shows because you're pumping the ball.
Speaker 2: You don't know if it's there. You're holding onto the ball too long.
Speaker 5: And that's I don't know if I've ever had him pegged as a quarterback that holds on to the ball too long, But lately that's what I'm saying, Like that get rid.
Speaker 2: Of the ball.
Speaker 6: Bro ain't just what McCarthy was supposed to be here for, to unlock that that untapped potential, to get that over the hump.
Speaker 2: Calling, right, This is I.
Speaker 5: Think for situational play calling. It was was what was the downfall I believe of what they expected out of kill him more, not necessarily from Big Mike to come out and have the number one offense in the league, but for them to be in situational better situationally.
Speaker 4: All right, let's get a break in. We'll continue the conversation. The man who owes the football team even writes a checks, He's going to let you know.
Speaker 2: How he feels about it.
Speaker 4: His quarterback Players Lounge brought to you by j Steeles on Dallascowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: And they snapped the pres scout who looks right, it's not there. He escapes flapped. He'll look for a perch down.
Speaker 9: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 8: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader. They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 7: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 5: Hi, I'm Danny McCrae, Dallas Cowboys alumni player Here. What's Smoothie King? And Smoothie King wants to ask you? What's that sound? That's the sound of you and everyone else absolutely loving New smoothie bowls from Smoothie King.
Speaker 2: And Whoo me too.
Speaker 5: These smoothe bo We'll start with Usaii and Pataya and are handcrafted with fresh topics like sliced bananas, sweetberries, crunchy purely Elizabeth Granola and his savory peanut butter Drizzle. New smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com. Slash Hugo Boss at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 11: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state and enemies and every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Samir Nov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks.
Speaker 3: Home are away, we.
Speaker 11: Rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all we got big love for them boys smearing off we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 2: Back to the players loud.
Speaker 5: The most action packed motorsport experience in the world returns to Arlington Had To at and T Stadium this Saturday, October fourteenth for Munster Jam. Tickets are available now at seek geek dot com, the official ticket and provide up at and T Stadium.
Speaker 2: Monster did he look back?
Speaker 5: I know what I'm saying, but before he ran off of fair Wander, he looked back to see Bank scrambling.
Speaker 2: Come on, he was beatwater. Can't keep up with no Brandon Cooks.
Speaker 5: All right, I don't know, I don't know if this guy has family in the media or some but he is really ducking at a lot of criticism for this guy over here. Man, I don't know, Man, it must be a relationship. He's dugging the Dodger t Y Hilton gave you more production, man, And we're not saying that either.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying production. Look at the production. They're missing the show. I tell you that.
Speaker 5: I tell you you want to know what's wrong with that? Where's your where's your safety value? I agree, where's your where's your safety valve? When whenever Dak would get in trouble in previous years, he looked for who shows and you can guarantee he was gonna find a way to catch that dame ball. He out there doing it in Houston right now. That don't have no safety valve right now? Is not walking to that because the time and they and the man good And that's the thing that may be missing from this offense for real, man, just motion. I mean, the tight ends are not involved, the running backs are not involved in receiving at all. I would I've always thought that Tony Pollin was a good receiver. You know, they haven't been able to explore get any one on one matchups in that way. Either players like I'm just brought to you by to come back every Byers Paris and Dan Building stress.
Speaker 2: Man over here, editor, I ain't know editing skills. Yeah, yeah, I say, Scott, you got an editor over here, man, this guy is back slipping, slipping.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm just happy you did it, man, I'm happy that you you took the day off and actually watched the show.
Speaker 3: And came up with him.
Speaker 2: No, no, he told me about it. He told me about it.
Speaker 5: He told me about the foolish and we want to go watch some games on Saturday. He told me I was talking foolish, So I said I was gonna.
Speaker 12: Come in a lot of food out of fool I'm just saying, you know I can't get it the CEB, so you can put it on.
Speaker 2: I get destroyed from myself. You do not. Ever, you don't. I don't do that. Don't ever do that. But you don't do that. Destoy for my takes, dam Jones take ye, it was it was out of podcast with it.
Speaker 3: I saw you saw I came out here.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: He trying to immine me. He trying to take you, trying to take take my little gustoy not on my watch, shout out to be turned man. Yeah yeah, y'all are right now.
Speaker 2: Ya flaming and then and then when no, no, you're going through what happened on the last drive. Look at this play happened. Look look at the play called. I ain't doing that.
Speaker 5: Your picture Monday later, Monday, Monday, you're gonna listen Tuesday.
Speaker 2: And we come here for the show. I'm just about last week going through the drive thing a doing that that Now, now we want to see the season play out. Hilarious. That's let's watch your pull play out. That's the gold the week one. I don't know, I know he wasn't here yesterday. Okay.
Speaker 5: I did criticize the play calling yesterday. So I don't want to I don't want to hit.
Speaker 2: Us from church.
Speaker 5: Okay, I don't want to hit us from you right here, like I asked him some sugar the kool.
Speaker 2: Aid again, I got diet over here right now, out here.
Speaker 4: I had those little blue packets, a little blue white why and punch blue packets yesterday and my death, I threw the Jerry Wayne Jones is the Hall of Fame owner of the Dallas Cowboys, and he had his radio show on one five three the Fan today and when asked about Jerry Jones, and Jerry Jones askedbout Doak Prescott, he said, quote, make no mistake about it, we have a quarterback that can get us there. Talking about the super Bowl, he also had this to say, I completely believe we have the quarterback that can take us where we want to go. Dak Prescott is a quarterback that can get us to the super Bowl. And that's the way that's going to be definitively Jerry right now behind Dak Prescott. For people who talk about trade him, cut him, do all this stuff. By the way, fans want to let you know, Dak Prescott has a no trade cause. Also, if you want to move on from Dak Prescott after this year, it will cost you sixty one point nine million dollars in dead cap space.
Speaker 2: Gotcha.
Speaker 4: So you can have all these things about what you want to do, but if you're going to eat sixty two million dollars on next year's salary cap, what type of team do you think you're going.
Speaker 9: Going to have?
Speaker 3: Just want to put that out there.
Speaker 4: And the man who writes the checks, no matter what I think you think, you think you think the man who writes the checks is just solidifying.
Speaker 3: On October tenth, he is here with Dak Prescott.
Speaker 4: Jerry has also said before like Bill Parcells deserved the right to change my mind. But as a today, if you're thinking that he's going to move away, said no. When asked about the play calling and changing the offense, he said, we're gonna keep this offense. He said, you can't change it anyway about asked about do you let Schottenheimer call the plays and let Mike McCarthy be the CEO, Jerry Jones said, no, McCarthy is the guy, so he's casting his net.
Speaker 3: What is right here? What do you think about it? Church?
Speaker 6: He look, man, when you talk about, you know, not giving up the play call and all that good stuff, it's to me, if this offense sticks to the formula, they're all right. They're pretty good offense when you stick to a formula. But your defense has got to be unbelievable. From what we've seen so far the games that the defense is not unbelievable. The offense just it won't get going. It can't get going. But at this point, if you're Mike McCarthy. If you're gonna go down, you're gonna go down swinging. So I expect him to continue calling these plays and you know, hopefully they can get more out of the offense going in the future. But when it comes to Dak Prescott being you know, the quarterback and maybe having to sign him to a future deal, when you say he's the guy that can get you there, I just go back from what I see. You know, eight years sample size, I just go back from what I see, and from right now, it's not looking like that. You know, maybe in the future, you know, things can change, but you know, like Parcel says, he reserves a right to change his mind. But as of right now, I just go by what I see, and from what I see, I do not believe that that's the guy I can get you there. I mean, look, I believe in what you're saying. I think it is true. The other part of it, what good would it be for Jerry to hit the panic button right now? What good would it be to even serve that up on a dish to the media to say I don't believe in Dak and I don't believe in my head coach to a team that's already reeling behind a lopsided loss, Like, there's still a young team that's trying to figure this thing out, and you can see it from the superstars that are talking on the ones that are not talking. You know, this is that point in the season where, especially like for CD, like if you fed into what's going on with CD right now, you would cause a bomb to go off in your locker room.
Speaker 2: And you can't.
Speaker 5: You got to build this guy up at least to make him understand that. Look, man, you're one of the leaders, You're one of the guys that other guys look to, and if things are going wrong and you're gonna take that that route with it, we're not gonna go far based off of that. I know he got a contract coming up, a lot of other things that's happening, but I'm saying, look, not putting his money on in it. I'm just saying, this is a young team that right now just got the dolls blowed off there, and it wouldn't serve anybody any good to add any any controversy to what's already.
Speaker 2: Can he get you to the ball now? You got me, okay? Not by hisself, Not by himself he's not. He's not not by hisself. We're gonna fix it, all right, I mean.
Speaker 5: Not by hisself. You're gonna have to give him some weapons. Like he's not, he's not the guy that could do it by himself. Got to give him weapons. But who like somebody other than like you know, I'm not coming up, man, Let's not have this argust. Listen, he's not he's not getting any help from anybody else. Who else is he getting help from? Who else is he getting help from?
Speaker 2: All right? Come on, any help from his second the third wide receiver? Right now? I mean, I mean, right now, it looks like eighty eight or nothing. Y'all don't see that, y'all don't see that. I mean, are you getting any help from the running game? That is any of that happening for you right now? Tony pol ain't been running the ball well? Okay? Did he? Did? He run the ball? Well? The other day was the eight case for twenty nine yards? But that good enough? I mean, you need more people show up and just that. Okay.
Speaker 5: So so my my response to the thing is we only a quarterway through the season, So I do believe what Jerry is saying about everybody on the roster. I actually remember when Jason Garrett, when everybody was saying that he was about to get fired and he ended up, you know, not getting resided next year.
Speaker 2: Jared Jones sounded the same way. This is my guy. He can get us to a super Bowl. We're gonna make it. We only are.
Speaker 5: We are only a quarterway through the season, all right, So snatching the play calling from Mike McCarthy, throwing Dak under the bus and he knocked the guy, that would make no sense because you have so much, like everything you want to accomplish is still in front of you. You can still get all that stuff done. So, yes, I do believe that Jerry Jones means what he's saying. I'm with you with the whole Dak thing. I'm not sure. I do believe that he has weapons. I do believe that he has had weapons since he's been here, and I think that even with those weapons, he still hasn't gotten it done. So I don't know who you're playing on bringing in here to be like this is the guy that's gonna make it happen at some point, Like the rest of these teams around the league, your quarterback is going to have to overcome whatever you supposedly don't have. The ones that have been successful have done that. Teams that brought weapons in and they've maximized those weapons. Jayleen hurts Joe Burrow justin Herbert as quarterback play goals. All these teams around the league have gotten that done, and we haven't. And we continue to bring in guys and pay guys, and for some reason, starting with a Mary Cooper, when these guys come in here as weapons, they find a way not to be weapons anymore until they leave so I.
Speaker 3: Can come back tying this back to let it play out.
Speaker 4: The owner is basically telling us I believe in him, which to me says, having covered him long enough, gotta let it play out.
Speaker 3: We'll see where it goes. Was it two thirty?
Speaker 4: At about ninety minutes, I'll be down in Arlington for Game three of the Alds with the Rangers.
Speaker 3: I thought I thought these dudes was real trouble. Didn't win the division.
Speaker 4: A lot of folks sat them out, and I did an interview with Chris Arnold one five three of the Fan when they were at Seattle and they needed to win one more game to win the division and take it from the askers.
Speaker 2: They didn't do it.
Speaker 3: I said, guys, they could lose this, But I said, we don't know what will happen in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: We don't know.
Speaker 3: Just let it play out.
Speaker 4: And so far watching what has played out with the Rangers. Wow, okay, I'll let Jerry play it out. Let's see with McCarthy and all. Let's see where this thing ends up. Let's see because just sit here and make declarations. October tenth, this is done like so many people in the national media on right now, I wouldn't do it. Let's see how they re. What Tyler Smith said I thought was pretty We'll respond. Let's see how you respond.
Speaker 2: What do you do?
Speaker 4: You got a test coming up against the Charger this week. You don't come correct, it could be back your schedule.
Speaker 2: Is you better respond? Getting?
Speaker 4: Because can I be honest, this is how you end up ten sets. You will this schedule playing like this.
Speaker 3: So so that's why let this thing play out.
Speaker 4: They go one way or another. Whole business partner was in time. Time will either expose you or promote you.
Speaker 5: Time.
Speaker 3: So we're about to see.
Speaker 5: It so and especially from where they are right now. And if we're gonna let this play out play out. Who else has to play better than what they're playing right now?
Speaker 3: He how about this? Who's who's gonna be on the field to do it? Lighton Van Derresh possibly going to I R could miss four to six weeks.
Speaker 7: You got c J.
Speaker 4: Goodwin's special teams days. You gotta be out for the year with with the peck. You got Donovan Wilson who looked like he'll be okay, but he left the field. Bland left the field injured. Cabon Turpin high ankle spraining. Let's see what he has coming up this week.
Speaker 5: But injuries, I mean, as you know, injuries are part of the game. Everybody's injured. That that's that's at this point. Who else do you need to play better to get past this season? Or the schedule that the that the Cowboys have.
Speaker 3: Where did they go up?
Speaker 4: Parts of saying on that, dan Quinn talked about maybe Michael Parsons is playing some more linebacker, not playing down so much. So it's gonna be interesting, like how do you to me right now? I feel you got to issue the lineback spot?
Speaker 2: What do you do?
Speaker 3: Where do you go?
Speaker 2: Bland?
Speaker 3: Is he good? You know that that's it matter.
Speaker 5: I mean, and I guess when when we talk about Lady vanderest going it going down, and now moving Micah that goes that's counterintuitive to everything that we've already put together with Michael.
Speaker 2: With moving him around.
Speaker 5: Now we're changing our defense, all right, because we don't have any other pieces to put out there.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, gods that need to be Hankins.
Speaker 5: All right, let's just say, hey, gotta play better, okay, Olsa diggie Zu, gotta play better when you put when you turn on the tape and you talk about guys getting whooped up front, those are the numbers that that call to you when I say, all right, Brandon Cooks has to play better. He has to be better in those moments where we need to change the move. If I had told you before the season of five games sample size of Brandon Cooks and I don't know, I think he has seventy three total yards no touchdowns at this point, you wouldn't believe that, especially with the difference that you would have thought that he would have made on this office up to this point.
Speaker 2: That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, you bring up legitimate there's a there's a lot. There's a lot here.
Speaker 2: You know these meetings have been But don't front on me like I ain't said that.
Speaker 5: Well, well, what it sounds like you what it sounds like you saying, Okay, with all the injuries and hankins, which we talked about a year in a year out, you don't just you don't just become a more physical team. No, okay, it doesn't happen. Men, it ain't happen. It ain't happened in the last two years. It ain't just happened. So when you talk about, like so when you're talking about playing better, all right, every time you play against a team who is physical upfront, you're gonna run into the same type of issues. So as much as we want to say who else needs to play better? At this point in time, you said sixty million dollars a cap hit, sixty two working on a new deal possibly, who needs to play better? And I'm not four, But like this is this is simple to me to you need, like the rest of the successful teams in the league, no matter what happens on defense, special teams, whatever, you still need to feel like you have an opportunity to go out there and win a game just based on what you have at quarterback.
Speaker 3: If you don't, then you ain't paying the right dude, are you?
Speaker 5: And when you watch the film you look at your wide receivers, are they getting the separation that you would think they would.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, I'm just a question. Are they getting separation right now?
Speaker 5: First of all, we've seen that under throw passes previously, like we've seen them be off.
Speaker 2: Okay, we've seen them be off.
Speaker 5: We've seen him not use his legs to extend plays or make plays or run what he needs to. We've seen him be it like, not do things that would help him in the pass and their running game.
Speaker 3: And two losses, Dak Prescott's been out played by the other quarterback. Josh Dobbs out.
Speaker 4: Played him in the Arizona loss, Rock Purty outplayed him. And in a quarterback league, you need your quarterback to play well. Last night watching the Raider Packer game, Jimmy Garoppolo outplayed Jordan Love.
Speaker 3: It matters in the quarterback league.
Speaker 4: And when you take the kind of money that Dak Prescott took, you have to ask your quarterback you do need the better, So heck, maybe your receivers aren't doing this or that, but you're paying that guy to make up for those.
Speaker 5: But did you see Devontae Adams last night? They gave I mean, if we just talking about a number one receiver of just oh, I know.
Speaker 3: Jacoby Myers played great for my fantasy team.
Speaker 5: So we're gonna say Jamart is not number one receiver because he didn't start catching passes this season until he came out to media and when they asked him and said, hey, I'm opening it all the time, and then he got three touchdowns the next time.
Speaker 2: That mean he not a number of receiver. His was his quarterback was like, you know what he right? He right?
Speaker 5: I need to figure out how to get him the football. And Ceedee Lamb said that, right, Did he not say that it ain't work for him? It ain't work for him. And I guarantee you Cee Lamb feel like he's open when he's watching film this week.
Speaker 2: I need it.
Speaker 5: You can't tell me Cee Lamb not open like enough times for you to find a way to get him the football, or you can or you can't tell me that. And maybe maybe he was fighting the double team man. He had a lot of double team on. I mean he's expected for Brandon Cooks to do it. I mean, if you're Ceedee Lamb, I mean, that's that's gotta be frustrating. That's gotta be that's gotta be to you. He't do nothing to me. I'm just going I'm pointing out the obvious. I mean, I'm not trying to what mean, shouldn't the other guy be eating? If the double team is on me, shouldn't these other guys be eating? I mean, to me, it was like Michael Gallup, what route? I mean, hey, that looked like that he had a dummy route. I mean, is he this guy's out there?
Speaker 2: What's going on? I'm not getting something. Let's be real. Let's be real.
Speaker 5: Ceedeelamb did not get double team that many times in the game. They played regular coverage on this dude underneath with a cornerback. They play his own coverage on him, and they need to find out. As a matter of fact, on an interception, I saw him on the whip rout. He should have got the ball. He threw it to the right and it was an interception on the double slant.
Speaker 3: Let's take it.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying he wasn't to cut through to him like you, uh, you're trying to avoid that With Tyren Smithy, he'll hear that I got I got you.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take care of you. Take you had his back, you two, you had he shakey out here too, Man.
Speaker 3: Davie McCrae. Play last right here on Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 13: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys. Jack Black and right now. Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jacke Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 2: That's get Jack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 3: Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: And they snapped the press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped flapped. He'll look full a first down.
Speaker 7: Just like football.
Speaker 9: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 8: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 7: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 10: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 11: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state and enemies and every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smirnov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks.
Speaker 2: Home were away.
Speaker 11: We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all we got big love for them boys smear enoff we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 2: To the players loude.
Speaker 5: Head to the Pro Shop at North E Small in Arlington, Texas on Saturday, October fifteenth between eleven a m. And four pm for Dallas Cowboys collections on tour. See rare team archives, customized head gear, grab a gift and purchase and enter for a chance to win a giveaway.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned for more tour stops coming through this season. Justin Jefferson out this way. You know number one, that's the number one figure. He was giving me twenty five a game. Yeah, now you got nothing. You doing good in the league. I was killing the top score man. Get well soon come back.
Speaker 3: Put him in the lineup.
Speaker 2: I got Pooker, ain't nothing Booker got he doing no? Yeah he caught a touch down there. My guy's back, yeah he back. Shout out there, back.
Speaker 3: I need CD to get some shout.
Speaker 2: Out of him.
Speaker 5: You know who balled out in La Brandon. Cooks went out then balled out of New Orleans too, went out of there. L you used to have one thousand and two with your Super Bowl in New England. Cooks he found out the way to get another. Looked like he lost his style. That's what they said about tomorrow. He got the ball in New Orleans Breeze.
Speaker 2: Patriots, l A was who golf? How many was that? How long ago? Houston last? I mean, y'are throwing out the facts.
Speaker 5: I'm asking. Houston was last year? Last year he had seven hundred. Year before they had eleven hundred. That was in Houston. Your quarterback did he take a year off?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: But six hundred? Yeah six Cooks? Did he ever take a year off? I thought he took a year off one time. I don't know that, I'm asking.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't remember that. I remember him being consistent, a consistent threat, no matter who the quarterback until he got last year. I thought there was a quarterback last year. I thought the play caller would would have Cooks looking good. And what I saw, what I saw witness the camp, I have not seen. I'm not seeing what I was told. What I saw I seen it have and.
Speaker 4: The problem there's three whatever it is, it's not working or everybody else has figured out how to stop it because it has not.
Speaker 2: Been there just Texas Coast Texas.
Speaker 3: How much Michael.
Speaker 2: Gallapy San Francisco was sitting on all the routes. Everything they did was shallow crossers, slants and curls.
Speaker 3: They're just on a different level percent.
Speaker 5: But I mean it's everybody. Listen, I offense say, ain't been stellar against nobody. No, it was eighteen and ten against the Jets. I told you what they need. So it's like we've been well against everybody. Need bring your boy back. We see how many we see him this Sunday? When about the year before that, ye.
Speaker 2: Had Zeke playing it was twelve What about the Broncos twelve twelve and.
Speaker 3: Had Zeke playing center? And thats how many they put up this week?
Speaker 2: You're talking about.
Speaker 4: Talking, so you're more two point two points better. We were talking got two points better than that.
Speaker 5: Now that that listen, that did have some five thousand yards passing year, something like that, four thousands, you know, but they weren't winning none at that time either.
Speaker 2: Oh, they wouldn't winning at that time. They know they did, they no recipe for running.
Speaker 3: Kellen Moore is going to be the interim head coach of the charts.
Speaker 2: They need to be.
Speaker 3: They need to be the interim head coach.
Speaker 2: But ain't it should be You've been righting with Stealey this whole time, this whole time. Wait aute. Last year you was what's the quarterback? You was riding with Herbert. He's Herbert, and so it's not it's so it's not Herbert is Kellen Moore. It's Herbert.
Speaker 3: It's Herbert. And now that he's guy, Kellen Moore's there.
Speaker 2: It was never Stanley. It was a consequence to what's going on with her He said that Dak has been the issue.
Speaker 5: It wasn't killing more. We let the wrong guy got put the blame on the wrong guy. So we said, now that killing is in l A, justin Herbert is gonna be great and we're gonna realize said three five, trying to get me the three.
Speaker 2: I said, it's five, trying to right now.
Speaker 3: He's not there.
Speaker 5: It's a long season. He's not right now we go he coming Monday here. I mean, I'm sorry, I'm sorry we're not here.
Speaker 2: He's coming.
Speaker 5: As far as we'll be watching them play our team. And that bet that you made, I mean that deal that you made. He said, you did not hear that come out of my mind.
Speaker 2: You're gonna work the game, that's what he's gonna call. And going down. I wish I could. I gotta work, though, you gotta work. Golf was calling you got the pre and post game. That's money. I mean, that's work. Yeah. I can't wait to see look on your face when you.
Speaker 3: So you Monday postgame. You do Monday night postgame, but not Sunday that post.
Speaker 2: They play on Monday, so we do.
Speaker 4: I know, I'm just saying you didn't do the Sunday night postgame. But you know you're talking about this past Sunday yea. Yeah, I thought you said you want to do in the night the post post, oh my bad post. Yeah, I said prep post, the same thing. I just did a pre on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, but if they went on money, I'm.
Speaker 5: In there.
Speaker 2: When you're in there, so it'd be three minutes. So let me tell you something.
Speaker 3: So you're not gonna do the post game with we ain't.
Speaker 2: You're gonna drive on up in here my old podcast and this thing. Well, I can't wait.
Speaker 5: So bad.
Speaker 2: Hey, I want to watch the game, just just for because we've been waiting for this. We've been waiting for this, man, we were waiting for this.
Speaker 5: It'd be just your look that killer go out here and mess up the last minute Drive twenty eight seven.
Speaker 3: Leen, Monday nightday night.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's gonna be. It's gonna be again. Hey, hey, man, hey, you got to give us two minutes. No, give it, no, no, give us two minutes before you text. What's happening at the end. You're killing the girl. We would seeing you were like, what they happened? Yet heumbled paws on my tee. I'm like, hold on, man, service man.
Speaker 3: Well obviously I stopped because we got saw.
Speaker 5: It was no reason after a while, even just his text, so just give it, like let the player have me wait like thirty and then and then let us know. He was like kettle TD. I was like, man another one. Oh really, man, curst jump outside jump That man was lying up.
Speaker 2: Bro Kevin Jobs, you were here. Kevin Jose did the exact same thing in the preseason. We came here and laughed, it's that number one, j You know what put that number one on? Yoh? Right, man.
Speaker 3: It's just like with Joseph, he didn't talk after the game.
Speaker 2: Y'all. Let boss live. Man, y'all don there with co Sole man doing this. So bro, y'all, let we need to go.
Speaker 4: I'm going to the watch baseball, see if the Rangers can win this American series against Baltimore.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Danny McCrae. I appreciate, I really do.
Speaker 9: I do.
Speaker 2: Man, that was good stuff. I like it. I like that you.
Speaker 3: I walked right into it. Let you go around the top.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 3: We had to duck and dodge right over right there, so young handle it.
Speaker 2: I can handle it.
Speaker 3: Hack Ma Harrison, Barry Church twenty million lasts when we go there.
Speaker 2: He Monday night. Man, I'm just saying Monday he left them season playoff. I thought he was let to see the player.
Speaker 3: The owner's got to go play.
Speaker 12: And I'm not mad because I know it's gonna go.
Speaker 2: Let play.
Speaker 3: Goodbye.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club