Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump's leadership.
Speaker 1: I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported.
Speaker 2: You will never return.
Speaker 1: But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally.
Speaker 2: Do what's right, leave now.
Speaker 1: Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will.
Speaker 3: Be protected sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 4: So do you ever think there's a time where it is all student loan will be forgiven?
Speaker 5: Why would that be beneficial?
Speaker 4: Well, if people, if it's a student loan crisis, right, and you have millions of people who just can't pay their student loans, then that probably would have.
Speaker 5: More of our statistically who can't pay their student loans.
Speaker 4: Who can't I'm baiting or lower income people, middle class?
Speaker 5: What do they look like?
Speaker 4: Black people?
Speaker 5: Okay, So here's the thing. When we talk about the largest holders of student loan debt, they're African American women thirty through fifty.
Speaker 4: Five percentage wise are numbers wise?
Speaker 5: Well, percentage of the borrowers in total, Who owns the most to the loan debt, who has the most degrees? Is that group of people. So it's interesting. You remember when they were talking about the number of forgiveness they were going to give out either ten or twenty thousand. Did you ever wonder why they ended at that number? So statistically, if they gave out twenty thousand, that cleared the population of white, white male barbers.
Speaker 6: Yeah, completely still race.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because the amount that they.
Speaker 5: Owe was around it was under twenty thousand.
Speaker 6: So I think the average I remember reading this, the average was like sixteen point five thousand dollars that they owed. Yeah, if they had a twenty the entire let's.
Speaker 5: Just keep going. I've got time. So now when you clear out all of these women, black women with student alone dead and I know that other people have student loans that are black obviously, but statistically, now we put this population with no debt, most agreed. Now they can become homeowners. You say, now it changes the whole landscape of Welcome to America. So when you ask me, do I think they're going to eliminate? No?
Speaker 4: Why so you think that? Okay, so it's a trap pretty much.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying it's a trap. What I'm saying is this is where our community when we talk about the black community, and I hate to just always take it to race, but statistically it just it's very glaring. Has to be wiser and be informative about borrowing practices. Now, the challenge here is is that a lot of times when we look at this number, that person is also the first to graduate in their family from college. So we don't want to take the pride away from those numbers, and the first to have a graduate degree, the first to have a doctoral degree. So we don't want to take any of that pride away. But what I'm saying is now mom, grandmom, even let's say your grandmam. At this point how do we help your child and your grandchild not be in that same number in same boat. One of the things that we're concerned about is if we see our clients get out of student loan debted, like let's say age forty forty five, we see that person going back to the STAD loone deb at age fifty to fifty five because of parent plus loans, because there's not a plan for their child or grandchild.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so the plan is really, yes, if you want to achieve the same goal, all for it, how do we do it more effectively? How we do it more efficiently?
Speaker 5: So I really love your platform, right because if somebody is a black woman that's thirty five and she's really tuning the stuff you guys are saying, and she's following some of your strategies, she's thinking about real estate, I hate what I you know, use my friend over there, but she has, like we had, like ten properties. She's she's a homeowner, she's a landlord's so she's changing the narrative for her daughter. So you know, her daughter shouldn't even have to know what a student loan is if we do this right, because there should be enough cash loan income from her properties, or maybe when her daughter goes to school, it's time to sell one that is college tuition. So when we start changing the narrative by how we think about our finances and our wealth now, then we can set our children and grandchildren up differently. So we don't want to make anybody feel bad about what they did or didn't borrow. But what I'm saying is is the conversation has to change so that we don't see this cycle keep being repeated because I don't think there's going to be a wave of forgiveness to help out a significantly group population such.
Speaker 6: Can I go back for just like a second, because you said something and I understood from the standpoint of having a loan forgiveness and that coming off of you know, your debt to income ratio in a sense, and your credit score plumbing right, so most people wouldn't even understand that. They'll think, well, it got cleared, my credit score short proved yep, But it really doesn't.
Speaker 5: Can you just explain there's no more debt to factor like, not to be funny, you've had that debt probably for over ten years years, so it's used to your debt. So now you take it off the board. It's like, oh, how do we factor that into your mix, into your score? So now when you just take it off the board, and what's going to be a shocker to people the next sixty days is it's not gradually paying itself down. It's off. So when you held the seven forty, that seven forty might look like a six forty. All jokes aside, because that was a heavy part of your mix that's going to be going now. Then somebody asked me the other day, well, how do I keep that score up? You want the real answer? You need a mortgage, you need another debt similar ernerds, what's up?
Speaker 6: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backs slash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, but understanding a professional's routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live a more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group Inc. P and C Bank National Association member FDIC.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Salvador accused of murdering a Texas. Man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the.
Speaker 1: United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally.
Speaker 2: Do what's right. Leave now.
Speaker 1: Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 3: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security to a.
Speaker 5: Place of the same mail. I would hope if you would do that, it would be a mortgage and not another seat of level.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you got to balance that out.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Other part is from a tax standpoint. Sometimes when loans are forgiven, does that go into your taxable income?
Speaker 5: In seen, you bring that up. So it is tax federally, federally tax free until twenty and twenty five. This is not a for everything.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, do explain.
Speaker 5: So after twenty and twenty five. That's why it matters who gets selected too. That might be texts. These these are what we call provisions. These are not laws. So provision is in place until twenty and twenty five to say you will be tax free. Let's say Biden gets reelected prosted loan. He might extend it to two thousand and thirty, right or whatever his termins. But that's a provision. That's that's like president the president. So you got to understand the tax laws during that president's era. Certain states say, I don't care what the federal government's doing. If you get forgiven for two hundred K, we're taxing at his income. I would do so I would probably move. There's about thirteen states I think it is, and I don't know them off hand, and just google it and you live in one of them, and you know you got that letter I got to move, like I don't even know, Like I'm being funny and serious at the same time. You're going to get text for that two hundred thousand in this example, good to know, Good to know. Yeah, And actually I had a client that was a true story. Like I had a client say she was like, so, I'm excited. She was like, but one hundred thousand texts She was like in my state. She was like, I don't know. She's like, I think I need to move back in with my parents they live and so and so. And I'm like, well, can you move, Like can we put that change of address in? Like can we file text at a new address? Because yes, she's going to get text. M All right, Well it sounds so heavy today.
Speaker 6: It's a lot.
Speaker 2: It's a lot.
Speaker 6: My last day before we go, you just talked about scholarships and I know kids and parents. Is so, is there a place that kids can go? I remember when you used to go to your guns council, they had this book of all these scholarship if you were left handed, is a scholarship? Is there one place or a concrete place that they can go for scholarships and grants? Because we know grants don't have to be repaid as well.
Speaker 5: So I mean then there are many places you can go. It's just hard to shout out places that I think are still reputable, Like the Scholarly app is one of my favorites if it's still around. I know, like college Girl JP, I think it's her name. She's awesome. Let me see HBCU money Guide on Instagram. She is amazing with her work. I tend to post different scholarship strategists on my page here throughout because I know that they go hand in hand. We don't get into it because it's just we don't have the capacity. What I will say is, you know, you want to identify your child, if your parent watching this, you want to identify your child's strengths early on. And that's the scholarship money. We're going to start gearing ourselves too, Like you're going to know pretty soon is your child sports or academics, is your techie or not? Because there's so much money out there, and there is really a lot of money there. But here's and I do have to say this because I used to sit on scholarship committees. Everybody thinks they're not eligible. Women, young ladies particularly always think they're not eligible. I never forget. I had a young lady that was trying to go for nursing. The requirement was a three point h and some other things. She had a way above all the other requirements. She was super active. She had a two point nine. So I'm looking at her application, but she didn't do one last thing to apply. So I called her personally. I'm like, hey, he was Jasmine. I'm like, I need you to put this in by midnight. She's like, no, it sead a three point oho. So there's a psychology here that women, even with jobs, they look at one requirement, go not eligible. Men go I'm about to try anyway. So we would see young men at our committee get scholarships over young women, and I realized the psychology is a lot of young women with because they missed one thing. So she thinks me to this day she got the money it was like ten thousand because she just applied anyway. Because now here's what happens with a lot of people don't know behind the scenes. When there are private donors that are giving, like the three in the five thousands, however, they are asking the committee's opinion. So if I'm looking at Bobby, who has a three point two, but Bobby joined no activities in school. But I'm looking at Jasmine, who's a two point nine, but she was class president, she was this, she was this, she was this. I don't know. I'm probably gonna go with Jasmine because she still had good grades and she managed all of this stuff, and then Bobby just was in school. So then I have to tell the person who's given the money. My professional opinion would be, let's go with Jasmine because we know when she gets to school and becomes an active member of her community at school, she's going to do good and still add to the value of their community. Oh that's a good perspective. Let's give it to Jasmine.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. Thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas. Man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump's leadership.
Speaker 1: I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security under President Trump. Attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens.
Speaker 2: Have been arrested.
Speaker 1: If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported.
Speaker 2: You will never return.
Speaker 1: But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally.
Speaker 2: Do what's right, leave now.
Speaker 1: Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 3: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,