Speaker 1: Man, we have had justin and killed.
Speaker 2: I don't know why it's been so good basketball wise these last couple of weeks, but it's been great. Clipper Sons had the one seventy six one seventy five rematch which came down to the wire there as well.
Speaker 1: You had Sons and the Mavericks. You add KD, Kyrie.
Speaker 2: Booker, Luca in a game where we had everything that we would hope for one twenty eight one twenty six was down to the wire, Luca missed a bunny with three and a half seconds left, and of course there was electricity there. In addition, all four superstars putting up thirty points per game in the same game, there were also a couple of fascinating interactions I wanted to note, outside of the fact that you had four of the best scorers in the league all playing at the same time, having over I think one hundred and thirty points combined between those four. One the interaction between Kyrie and Katie is curious. Nobody's really talking about it, which is exactly what I find fascinating. There's nothing going on between them. There's zero looks, there's zero touching, there's zero conversations.
Speaker 1: Nothing.
Speaker 2: These guys were supposedly so thick as thieve. They're best friends, their brothers. They want to play together for the rest of their careers. They want to take control of their future. They want to build a dynasty together. They have been planning this over facetimes and Palo Sancho incense burning sensions, and all of a sudden you have Kyrie saying that Kevin Durant was him in a prior life.
Speaker 1: Like these guys were tight.
Speaker 2: And now it's like they see each other, they don't even speak, and we find that strange.
Speaker 1: I find that strange. They didn't even acknowledge each other during the game. Kevin Durant came over.
Speaker 2: The Dallas Mavericks bench talking to Jason Kidd and he's like dapping up and hugging beer, hugging Mark Keith Morris, who I don't know, played with him for a cup of coffee in Brooklyn a month they played together. They did not played together on any other teams. He's giving him a bear hug and he says nothing to Kyrie zero.
Speaker 1: They did not even acknowledge each other pregame. They did not shake hands after the game.
Speaker 2: What is going on here? It deserves a full on tea investigation. Kevin Durant was asked after the fact about what he felt while facing Kyrie irving All. He said, I felt no emotions at all. It was another game. I'm glad we got the w whoa no emotions, stone faced, stone cold, Steve Huston, My lord, it's dead over there. It's a dead relationship. Kyrie said this before the game. I'm looking forward to it playing against the Sons, playing against the new look Sons with KD, I think it'll be an exciting time for us to compete again with each other. He's my brother for life, but when we're stepping out there, I'm looking forward to the competition. So Kyrie seems to be less upset with Kevin Durant than Kevin Durant is with Kyrie. Rumors are that Kevin Durant was angry that Kyrie just dipset it on him in the middle.
Speaker 1: Of the season.
Speaker 2: Could you blame him logic police, Yes, of course, you want to see him play this thing out.
Speaker 1: He would not play it out because.
Speaker 2: They would not give him the extension, and he dipped out kind of in a suspect way. So is there beef I don't think there's beef, but they're certainly not close vibes close energy between the two. Are they gonna be going to Turks and Caicos this summer and spending some time on a sailboat. No, I do not think so. I think the relationship has grown chilly. I thought that they would. I thought that they would stay close after a last offseason when Kevin Durant was like, yeah, no matter what's in the best interest of Kyrie, were always gonna be tight. Not the way that it went down this time, folks, No, sir, I'm not sure anymore. The other great thing that was happening in this game was this rivalry between Devin Booker and Luca. It is something I need full seven games up again.
Speaker 1: I needed.
Speaker 2: The rivalry obviously stems back to last year when Luca did that little meme in uh Devin Booker's face.
Speaker 1: Just Google if you don't remember what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: He's smiling because he has thirty and the Sons have twenty seven at halftime, and he's just looking him dead in his face, like two inches from his face. Maybe Sons were up in that series. Of course, they talked a lot of shit. Luca was not happy with that. Hey, why don't you, uh, why don't you wait to talk shit when it's just even.
Speaker 1: It's all fun and games when you're up.
Speaker 2: But then all of a sudden they get their asses handed to them. In Game seven, and then obviously, Devin Booker talked shit to Luca when he missed a bunny with three and a half seconds left. Luke was not having that. He said to Booker, Yeah, it's a competitive game. It's all good.
Speaker 1: Next time, just don't wait until there's three seconds left to talk. That's facts.
Speaker 2: Booker was asked after the game about the incident. He said this, You guys say you don't want everybody to be friendly friendly.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: We got smoke, So the star players on these teams have smoke. I want to see a first round playoff series between the Suns and the Maths, Yes, I do.
Speaker 1: Do I want to wait until the Western car No.
Speaker 2: I don't want to wait. I want the first round to be that. I want all the drama. I want all the questions about Katie and Kyrie. I want Luca and Devin Booker to go at it.
Speaker 1: Your damn right, I do. That's all the time. That we have for the episode of the Heat Check. Check back for an all new episode.
Speaker 2: Do not forget to watch the feed. We just had Dave Defour on. Make sure you catch that interview. He was electric. Bonus episodes will continue to drop. We have Bill Ryder coming very soon as well, host of Writer than You. CBS Sports Radio also does a call him. Please follow the heat Check as the twenty twenty two to twenty twenty three season heads towards the playoffs. Download, subscribe, tell all your friends and follow us on socialide at this heat Check and at trist to criek on TikTok because Heat Check never sleeps.