Speaker 1: Calls media.
Speaker 2: That was so long that he.
Speaker 1: Demand set another record for length. He talked for two hours. And what did he say? He said a lot of things. You say a lot of things. You say a lot of things. But what is he tom about?
Speaker 2: And as our.
Speaker 1: Newly minted profit of our time, Kendrick Lamar has told us what they talking about?
Speaker 2: They talking about?
Speaker 1: Nothing?
Speaker 2: They talk about they talk about uhting what they talk me? They talk about nothing? They talking about nothing.
Speaker 1: Politics, y'all, Oh man, what do you the hell did you talking about? Listen, Welcome to the show. I'm glad you're here. As far as announcements, let's get these out the way. I'm gonna start rolling out a ton of music, so please if you can join the Patreon, which is the Red Couch Pod revealing a lot of music there. Start being way more active on that where I'm like doing just hang outs and stuff like that, you know, And I also do like counseling or not counseling, consulting sessions. They're like, you got some music you know or some pod ideas. I'm totally down to like talk to you, hear what you got, see what you got to see how I can help obviously, don't be weird, don't waste both of our times. But like, you know, talk to you boy, talk to me nice. Also, there's a whole other merch store there that you can grab like exclusive stuff.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: You know, so that's me plugging my stuff. That's me plugging my pluggables, as Robert has coined. But yeah, who got the who got the friend that just likes to hit himself talk?
Speaker 2: You know that? Like here, here's the thing.
Speaker 1: I am very guilty. I am one who will admit that I like stages. I like microphones, I like I enjoy this. I enjoy being on stage. I enjoy a lot of people fear of public speaking. I enjoy it. I feel like it's an art form. Especially when I know that I know what I'm talking about. I enjoyed, you know, when I when I'm in the mood for it, being at the party and being the the funniest dude in the room, I enjoy.
Speaker 2: I enjoy that.
Speaker 1: I enjoy the the the banter, I enjoy you know, even like the improv of it all, being able to yes and with somebody who's like really good at the slick talk like for me, I enjoy that.
Speaker 2: But I also can read a room.
Speaker 1: I also know it's probably time to shut up. I also feel like.
Speaker 2: I got a pretty decent capo meter.
Speaker 1: You feel me, And I feel like I could tell when somebody know I'm capping. You know, I just I you know where I'm going with this. We're talking about this impromptu State of the Union address. Now listen, this wasn't the State of the Union address, but there's a lot of things going on here. And what I want to do today is not so much go bar for bar with this, because I'm pretty sure there's plenty of shows I know they did on even more news on our friends, you know, Cody and Katie. You know they did the bar for bar situation. I feel like y'all could go get that somewhere else. I'm not sure that's what y'all come to me for.
Speaker 2: Maybe you do. Because we just finished going through shout out.
Speaker 1: Thank you for everybody who responded to the survey we put out. I appreciate y'all responding to that giving me some porters as to like, what parts of the show you like, what kind of.
Speaker 2: Shows you like, a lot of good feedback, a lot of great ideas.
Speaker 1: The main takeaway I got is like as long as I stay like as current as I possibly can.
Speaker 2: With the biggest compliment y'all gave.
Speaker 1: Me, which I appreciate so much, is that like I'm able, you say, what you like about the show is I'm able to take stuff that seems much more complicated and make it understandable. And that's called teaching, you know. So I super thankful for that. That's my strength. I feel like that's my wheelhouse. Y' also said, which really surprised me, that y'all not really interested in guests, like especially like the like what was rated the least for the Terror Form episodes.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, word, like y'all, y'all don't want to hear from people. Do it good? Okay? So it is what it is.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that you also ask for more stuff about like indigenous experiences, which I mean, touchee, that's actually a great idea.
Speaker 2: I could stand and talk about that a lot more.
Speaker 1: No, So thank you for that. Thank you for responding telling me the type of things that you need, so now I know what you're coming in me for. So one thing that I also wanted to take away that I took away from that is like the okay, so what do we do, like give me some action items? What am I supposed to do with this? Now that understand it? What am I supposed to do with this? And sometimes I mean you kind of be right like I actually don't know you know me or I'm finding this out or discovering really at the same pacing speed you you know, like not actually an expert. I'm a citizen like y'all are.
Speaker 2: I Just.
Speaker 1: I enjoy the teaching aspect of it, you know, and the translation, and hopefully we can find out what we need to do together. This is communal, you know. I feel like our answer is communal. I feel like our answer is mutual. And that like just the idea that one person being the fountain head of all the answers. Yeah, that's that's what we're dealing with in the White House. Is like and A don't that it don't need to work like that.
Speaker 2: I ain't got the answers sway.
Speaker 1: I don't have all the answers, you know. I want to learn and grow with y'all. That being said, what I want to talk about for this just marathon. Now, granted, if you grew up in black church, you familiar with pastor just lavishing.
Speaker 2: That man is still talking.
Speaker 1: But at least in Black church, there's organ breaks, there's musical moments that happen in between it.
Speaker 2: You ain't just that man ain't just literally preaching for two hours.
Speaker 1: You know, there's an A and B selection, there's there's a praise break.
Speaker 2: We do be there forever, but now there's a there is.
Speaker 1: A a actual beautiful tradition as it. Seriously, there's actually a reason why historically Black churches function like that and why that became part of our sort of cultural experience to where like service be real long with a lot of music and stuff like that. Some of it is like humans intuitively knowing that you learned better through song and repetition, you know. And it's a way that you know how in academia or in religious studies you would call it a contemplative practice, you know, or or a meditation you know that, or you know in the East, these are mantras, but just us repeating these, you know, choruses, and repeating these refrains like be ye holy, for I am holy, you know, and and making things rhyme, like if I were to say God is good all the black people knew what to say, and all the time, all the black people knew what to say. These reset these recitings of our these are these are the ways that we.
Speaker 2: Kind of catechized ourselves. You know what I'm saying. So there's a there's a tradition of that.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying, we know what to me for the man to stay up there and be like, yo, he got them serious. My sister used to say, the spirit of long wind. He got the spirit a long wind. Now, you know, And now my time is short, you know. Now, I know y'all came up here to preach me. Now I'm about done, but I got.
Speaker 2: A song deep in my spirit.
Speaker 1: Just y'all, boy, I'm not now I'm closing now, I'm I'm, I'm, I'm, I'm I'm a land in the plane now, Pastor I always talking about it. You know, you got another twenty thirty minutes. Then the man won't do an altar call. And then the Lord gave him a rain of word. Lord Jesus were all night. Don't let it be a watch night service. Okay, I am way off topic, but that Trump Trump ran us a watch night service. Oh, his unnecessary state of the union address. So what I want to talk about today is like, here's some main takeaways as to like why.
Speaker 2: He did this?
Speaker 1: And these are just me like reading the lick, Like I obviously I don't know what's going on in his head.
Speaker 2: I don't think anybody do.
Speaker 1: But there are some ways that you and I can like process if we understand some more like main takeaways as to like.
Speaker 2: What should we do? Right? What do we do?
Speaker 1: What do I do with all this? Why did you even do? Why did you even call this meeting? And what am I supposed to do this? Where should I be looking? And now that's me giving you game like where at least in my opinion, where should you be looking? But before we do that, let's just have a little fun and just throw a rock in the river.
Speaker 2: This is what I did.
Speaker 1: I threw a rock in the rigor and fact checked just things at random. Some of the stuff that I just felt like was the most egregious and some of the stuff that I was just like, I'm just gonna pick this sentence at random. I don't know what this is. I'm just gonna check now. Actually, before I do that, I would keep pushing this back part forward let's just talk about some of the just.
Speaker 2: Some of the antics.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now, before I get to the Republican antics, can we please talk about the Democratic antics. Now, there is nothing more funny to me than a senator named al Green.
Speaker 2: That's probably because I'm black.
Speaker 1: Every time they kept saying Representative al Green, I just baroken the song so Love You.
Speaker 2: It was now him heckling trying to hold.
Speaker 1: The Donald accountable during these things, and then him getting put out.
Speaker 2: Cool. I guess right. Cool. Now while that was happening, you had these other.
Speaker 1: Listen, I need let me talk to the young leagues who if y'all have just decided was corny no matter what they do, no matter how talented or skills they are, y'all just see him as corny.
Speaker 2: We've we've we've talked about this, at.
Speaker 1: Least from my jen and I feel like some of us are kind of eating our words on that, but we just kind of decided that Nick Cannon was corny. Now it's mainly when he does like songs because he's a boss, like there's no way, like the guy gave us wild'n out like he's he's he is objectively one of the most successful black men in entertainment, in business.
Speaker 2: Objectively, we just decided he was corny.
Speaker 1: Like at some point, I know Corday, like for the for the gen right under me, they used to think that like Corday was just he was just corny like and I'm like, youngly Homy can rap. But y'all just decided he was corny. I who have y'all just decided no.
Speaker 2: Matter what they do, corny or she corny. I don't know what.
Speaker 1: I'm getting at is these democratic stupid little signs that say that's a lie, y'all.
Speaker 2: That's corny. Now.
Speaker 1: It's true what he's saying is a lie, but that's corny. Now, why everybody dragging the Democrats? Cause it's like, my nigga, what are y'all doing? If you wanted to show some sort of unity. Here's a suggestion. When Al Green still makes me giggle, got kicked out because he had the hot grits poured on him. He who has ears to hear when Al Green got kicked out, the rest of y'all should have left right because that would have been a show of solidarity, like we're doing something, but y'all can't figure out what you're gonna do with this dude now, granted, who knows what to do. This is our first fascist takeover that has worked because during the Smedley Butler years, which we've talked about before, and we did a whole Behind the Bastards series and me and Robert on the Smedley Butler era, who probably has is the one of the most dynamic characters in American history.
Speaker 2: But anyway, that's a whole other story. You should read his book War as a Racket. It's amazing.
Speaker 1: Europe can Europe, almost all the European countries can say, guys, we've done this before.
Speaker 2: Okay, we've been here.
Speaker 1: I made this joke before all of Europe and the rest of almost pretty much Europe, South America, the rest of the world is patent America on they shoulders like, oh.
Speaker 2: It's your first fascist takeover. Hey, you remember that? Do our first time? Yah?
Speaker 1: Were our first way, Like like, you'll be all right, but here's here's how you're like walking off a cliff and we all see you walking off a cliff. But for some reason of it, listen, you remember being a teenager, you know a teenager, you know how you looking at a teenager in the face, knowing full well that teenager ain't finna listen to you, knowing that they about to walk head first, run full speed into a brick wall.
Speaker 2: And you like, my dude, look, little bro, little bro, it's a cliff right there.
Speaker 1: And what I'm trying to tell you is and you know, you looking at them knowing that they just glazed over. They you know, they all on their phone, not really paying attention. They just like whatever, big bro, Like, all right, they unk you here? You know, you get unked up. You know what I'm saying, Like, you know, for the girls like as she's just being at the I right now, you know what I'm saying, like, okay, okay, walk off the cliff. Then it's is is how Europe looking at America right now? Like y'all don't I don't understand how y'all just this is what we're trying to tell you. Your leader putting out statements that say we are going to outlaw all illegal protests.
Speaker 2: My nigga, what the hell is an illegal protest? Don't like? What is that?
Speaker 1: So the question is why where the Democrats where y'all at?
Speaker 2: What are y'all?
Speaker 1: Why are y'all not doing why have y'all not figured out? And the thing is, who knows what to do? Some arguments is you should rope adope him. You know what the ropodope is? Why who am I talking to? The rope adope is like the Muhammad Ali. It's like a boxing thing where you just kind of like you get against the rope and you let the person tire themselves out. So you block, you take the punches, you wait for the right time, and then you throw that blow right because eventually, the theory is that person is gonna get too comfortable. The person you fight is gonna get too comfortable, gonna get too cocky, and the guard gonna come down. But you gotta wait for it right, So you take the blows, let him tie themselves out right, and as soon as they tired out and get sloppy.
Speaker 2: Fole catch them. That's one thought.
Speaker 1: Now, the problem with that is what those blows are is that man Hari from Columbia University with a functioning green card that just got deported because he was a part of the anti war protests on the college campuses this past year where ICE agents showed up and they just said, hey, your student visa's done and he was like, uh, I don't have a student visa because I graduated and I got a green card. Let me go get it right, and they retained him. And then he was like, here go my green card, and they was like, your green card being canceled.
Speaker 2: It's been revoked. And he like his lawyer like, uh, can you show me a warrant? Hung up on the nigga.
Speaker 1: So these punches that we saying are just theories, are legal citizens being deported. These punches are your eggs being twenty dollars.
Speaker 2: You understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So these are your me mayo, me ma and told suck Arkansas losing her medicaid? Is Paul Paul not getting his insulin?
Speaker 2: No mo.
Speaker 1: So these punches that we say are in theory is actual lives, you know.
Speaker 2: So, so it's.
Speaker 1: Easy to say in theory that all you just need to rope a dope, you know what I'm saying, while the rest of us is like help me. Another theory, another political theory is to just let it burn, is to like, just you know what, this is what you want, that's what y'all ask for, okay.
Speaker 2: Where essentially you treat the.
Speaker 1: US government and the Republican Party like you would treat Kanye like, y'all you know what, man, you got a chief, gone ahead, then gone on, bro, you got it, go ahead, do you booboo? And you just sit and let the country burn and be like that's what y'all asked for. We tried to We tried to tell you, no, this is your job too. You work for the coverment also, So what do you do? And the answer is, I don't know. I got to ideas, but we ain't never been here before. I think it would be a good way to go study opposition parties across the world in post World War two Earth.
Speaker 2: They may give you some clues anyway.
Speaker 1: For the democratic side, y'all got to figure out some sort of united front because letting your man's get kicked out like that and then y'all holding up these little corny signs, I get it. In theory, both of those things make perfect sense. And especially if you bouncing off the idea of what Marjorie Taylor Green and Lauren Bobert head assd did just yelling boo and that's a lie and say her name just being hella unprofessional. They weaponized in the fact that you're trying to follow respectability politics. Why they don't give care by none of that right that's getting weaponized on you. So you're gonna have to figure out, and by you, I mean us, how to deal with this thing.
Speaker 2: Now. So that's that's on the Democratic side, Like, my nigga, where are y'all? What is you? What was y'all doing? Hello? Hello, hello on the Democratic side?
Speaker 1: Now, a couple of highlights on the Republican side before I get into the fact check it part was, first of all, the idea of bringing a little black kid that's fighting cancer and honoring him being a member of the Secret Service while actively ending cancer research is specifically diabolical to me. I am like, this is why I say facts and logics don't matter no more, because I don't know why anybody didn't go, uh, maybe you shouldn't even if you own the Democratic even if you own a Republican side, be like, hey, maybe you shouldn't You kind of leaving yourself.
Speaker 2: Open for this one.
Speaker 1: Why you ain't Why would you put you're actively defunding the nih that does cancer research.
Speaker 2: My dude, why would you bring this kid?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Because again, it don't matter, and that wasn't the point of this display. Another thing I noticed.
Speaker 1: That I thought was specifically egregious was even his body language, Like Bruh was turned one way to the side because he was really only talking to his people. It was pretty obvious that he was only talking to his people, which normally in a situation like this, I don't even know why I'll use the word normal. You supposed to at least pretend like you're gonna try to unify us all.
Speaker 2: But no, I ain't. I ain't pretending, oh nothing. This is what I came here to do, and I'm finna do it. Was this man stands.
Speaker 1: Another thing that kind of leans towards the fact checking that I would really again love to hammer.
Speaker 2: I can't hammer this home enough.
Speaker 1: Is the man keeps saying that we spent three hundred and fifty billion dollars in Ukraine.
Speaker 2: It is. You can go to the website.
Speaker 1: We spent one hundred and twenty six billion, which of course is still a lot of money, but it's not three point fifty. I don't know why you keep saying this. And did we spend more than Europe? No, Europe actually spent two hundred and fifty billion. But I tell you this, I think the bar of the night. This is me giving Trump his propers. The bar of the night was, turns out you didn't need a new policy, you needed a new president bars.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 1: Ah, that was a bar because if there's one thing we know Trump is good at, it's showmanshit.
Speaker 2: And then lastly is.
Speaker 1: Trump bragging on the fact that he's getting rid of the unelected bureaucracy, getting rid of all those bureaucrats.
Speaker 2: In the government. And then the camera.
Speaker 1: Flashes to Elon, who is, in fact an unelected bureaucrat.
Speaker 2: I that made my head hurt.
Speaker 1: How the man brags on all the things that Elon has done, which was removing this government bloat and getting rid of unelected beacrats, done by an unelected beacrat.
Speaker 2: Like just.
Speaker 1: Is this like are you have you ever asked my talk? You've been talking to somebody and you're thinking, are you fucking with me?
Speaker 2: You're fucking with me? Right? Like what that moment was one of those moments to me where I was like, are you There's no way you didn't make that connection anyway. So now let's let's talk about some facts.
Speaker 1: I think I'll start at the beginning of where he started, which was talking about the things that Doge has done. Now, I did a video on the Doge spending where one of the main things that he talked about all the money that he saved was part of it was literally a typo where one of those government accounts was set for eight billion when it was really eight million.
Speaker 2: So that was one thing.
Speaker 1: There were many of these government accounts that on the Doge count they said was canceled to save money, but a couple of them things were canceled under George Bush Junior, Like, so they've been canceled, like this has been canceled since two thousand and six. I don't understand why you're counting this as things that you've done. The lavish fish monitoring. Did y'all hear him talk about the lavish fish? First of all, what the hell is a lavish fish? What I'm pretty sure the script said was larval fish. Because sometimes now, in his defense, reading off the teleprompter, especially for a two hour speech, be a little difficult. But Bruh said the Social Security thing, which got a whole lot of yuck yucks that you know, oh, we got people getting checks, so you know, there's people with that are one hundred and fifty years old. There's people that are two hundred and fifty years old, there are people that are this they've all read explain this like it just it doesn't really take much to go find this answer that these people are not receiving checks. Since they're not receiving checks, and it just you'd have to hire a guy to go through and find them on the delete them. They're just like, well, we'll just leave it there, like, but they're not receiving any money. It's just it's just in the document, right in the accounting of the document. But none of them are receiving money, right they stopped receiving money they died. It was it's already been accounted for. So those aren't savings to say that, oh yeah, we found this and we stopped saying they weren't getting any money. So you didn't say there's nothing. There was nothing. There was nothing being there's nothing being saved. There's nothing being saved. Right on the on the social securities part, Now, my favorite one, which was the one I could not wait to throw a rock into, and it was to trans gendered mice.
Speaker 2: Now I am.
Speaker 1: Almost positive the people at even more news took the words out of my mouth. I am almost positive that that little nineteen year old that works at dose did an apple f which is just a search, like when you search a document for a certain word, you say apple f right, and.
Speaker 2: Then you find that.
Speaker 1: Like if you like, if you got to write a long essay, you gotta look for certain things. Maybe you spelled it wrong, you just look for that right, Or if you got to do research, you just look for a certain term.
Speaker 2: You had an apple f.
Speaker 1: It searched the document to find that term. I'm pretty sure they look for the word trans and when they found the word trans they just went delete.
Speaker 2: Right now, the.
Speaker 1: Transgendered mice research that he's talking about was transgenic mice, which is not transgendered.
Speaker 2: Now, what.
Speaker 1: Transgenic mice research is is it's research where you can take genes inside of the mice and model them around the human genome to see how medicines respond to these particular genes. This is how you research for ASTHMA, for HIV, for cancer, for AIDS without having to get human genomes. We can transgenic. We can change the genomes that are close enough to in particular mice to model around how a human gene will respond to the medicines that we're trying to develop. They are not transgender mice. They are transgenic. Now that's because you and I like reading. That's why we know these things, is because we read. And the last one I'll throw out here is I don't know Trump's and the tariffs and fentanyl. So the claim is, and I'm reading from my document here, Trump says, so much has been said over the last three months about Mexico and Canada, and we have very large deficits with both of them. But even more importantly, they've allowed fentanyl to come into our country at levels never seen before, killing hundreds of thousands of citizens, very young, beautiful people, destroying families. Nobody has seen anything like it. Now, here's the thing, tariffs against Canada and fentanyl drug overdoses have zero to do with each other. The US Canada border. How do I say this? Canada plays as almost no role in the fentanyl exchange. And again, can't stress this enough. And all's usually sold in parts in the ingredients you can literally order from China, and if it's coming through Mexico, it's coming through legal ports because Americans go down there and get it why because you're not going to search an Americans car if you are coming to claim asylum, why the hell would you have a backpack full of fenanol? You have to turn over your backpack. I'm just saying, just like y'all got brains. Now, this is just me pointing out, like I'm gonna link in the show note not hundreds, just stupid a bunch of different places where Trump was fact checked. I want to end this with game as to like, why would he even do this.
Speaker 2: Next? All right?
Speaker 1: Why even do this? There's no State of the Union address, there's really no need. You're in the you've only been there for a month. You're you're you're already doing the thing that like the pundits have been calling flooding the zone.
Speaker 2: Why do you even need to do this now?
Speaker 1: I think that there's a coalition that none of us understand just yet, because we haven't been shown some sort of agreement that Trump, Elon, and JD.
Speaker 2: Vance have that.
Speaker 1: Has not been shared to us as to why day relationship is still kind of working.
Speaker 2: Because it shouldn't.
Speaker 1: The main thing I see is Elon gets to be the bad guy, so whatever negative feelings, even Trump's base has it's towards Elon, it's never towards Trump. So he set up a way that nobody will ever turn on him. And what fuck does Elon here? There's obviously some sort of something else going on here that has to do with the money that I just ain't aware of, because there's really no reason why this relationship should work.
Speaker 2: But it's working. But why even why even do this?
Speaker 1: And the only thing I could come up with, using my sort of political brain and sort of like kind of tough guy Antenna's is.
Speaker 2: I have learned that.
Speaker 1: Narcissists always reveal their cards. Narcissists are horrible at poker. They always reveal their hand, and you just gotta listen to them. They gonna tell you what their next play is, and they gonna tell you what they insecure about all the time, what they worried people will catch on to because they gonna keep talking about it. So what this address to Congress revealed to me is he feel like he not getting the love he thinks he should get. He feel like people are doubting whether he can deliver on his promises. He feel like we all gonna figure out the fact that these tariffs are raising our costs that this shit is not gonna work. That this is finna tank the economy, so you gotta get out in front of that. When he was just like bear with me a little bit, like I know, like let me play the game, like like let me cook. You know what I'm saying, like, yo, let me cook. He's trying to tell his base because he not even talking to us. He ain't talking to nobody but the people that voted for let me cook, which says to me, you worried about your game plan, ain't you. You don't like the way everybody talking about pulling all these receipts with the due stuff. Oh he watches the news. The okie dock is starting to not work a little bit. So let me make sure I remind y'all who the big who the top dog is. This, in my mind, was nothing different than Debo riding down the street in his bike and just deciding to check somebody pockets real quick. I just need to remind y'all who the top dog is. I'll make my moves because I make my moves, and I need y'all to never question me.
Speaker 2: This is just the last time that I checked. Moment. You ain't gonna do shit type moment.
Speaker 1: This is what I'm gonna do and you ain't gonna do shit, and I dare you, dare you to do shit.
Speaker 2: Don't worry about don't worry about me, player.
Speaker 1: I got this, and I need y'all to remember that I got this, and I dare you to say something to me. That's what this speech was about, because you don't have to all the stuff that he was trying to justify. He ain't got to justify, he already doing it. You don't have to explain any of this to nobody. Clearly, who is you talking to. Let's get our little yuck yucks on. When you laughing at African countries, which I almost wanted to punch this dude through the screen from that nobody's ever heard of that place, just making fun of like.
Speaker 2: But put that to the side.
Speaker 1: Let me just remind the hommies everything's all right, player, I got y'all.
Speaker 2: Don't worry about it now.
Speaker 1: The last thing I promised y'all is where I think your eyes should be at, and where I think your eyes should be at are two places, the Department of Education and the government budget. The spending bill that Speaker Mike Johnson is probably going to have to push through without any Democratic votes, which means, since they have a supermajority, if you can get one hundred percent of Republicans online for this bill, then you don't even need Democratic votes. And if you don't need Democratic votes, we got a one party system. That's what you need be watching out for. So that's one thing that's very important. Now back to the Department of Education. Here's what's interesting to me. The Department of Educations, which he put the degeneration ex lady in front of, Linda McMahon in charge of, and her job is to end her job, right. I think a good way to think about that is like inside of this department is a whole lot of things they got to take care of. Now, just because the department's gone, don't mean that they still don't got to take care of those things. Now, let me dispel your miss The Department of Education has zero control over curriculum. They don't decide what we teach in classrooms. They don't pick a through g requirements, that's not what they do. They don't select teachers. They really a lot of of there's a lot more power at the state level than you may think, or at least that they sell us. As far as like the problems with the Department of Education. The Department of Education has to do with like research and aid. So like Title I stuff, Title nine stuff resources for like special ed. Remember all the some of y'all may grew up in No Child Left Behind era where we just got freaking standardized tests till we were bleeding in our eyes, which I get what they were trying to do, it just didn't work.
Speaker 2: The idea was that.
Speaker 1: America's level of excellence for us to keep saying that we were the best in the world at everything, Well, if our test scores don't show it, if we're not producing, we can't keep saying it, So believe it or not. Look at me looking back at George George W. Bush making a logical statement, which is like, well, we can't have the best education in the world if we don't know we have the best education in the world.
Speaker 2: So let's figure it out, right, So that was the idea.
Speaker 1: So what the Department of Education also did was to measure our success. Are we actually educating the students the way we say we educating the students, and how are we standing up against the rest.
Speaker 2: Of the world and.
Speaker 1: Spoiler alert, we getting mopped by the rest of the world. So they would test are like reading and math scores and I'm not even counting the pandemic where we clearly sucked at right.
Speaker 2: But that being said, the dismantling of that means a number of things. It means not so much that.
Speaker 1: You're going to get DEI and woke out of it, because stay with me, now, you need the Department of Education to actually research and investigate whether woke is being happening in our classes. So he trying to defund the very thing that he need to do the stuff that he want to do.
Speaker 2: So that's weird, but that would mean that.
Speaker 1: That program is going to go to another department if he wants to keep doing.
Speaker 2: But it also.
Speaker 1: Means your child that may need an IEP or a five oh four plan. Now these are all my educators know what I'm talking about that need accommodations ain't gonna be no money for it.
Speaker 2: My first career career, my.
Speaker 1: First job out of college was I was in an instructional aid and it was for Title I kids. So kids out are RSP kids that need a little more help in the classroom, right, So the teacher would teach, and then there was a few kids that I've identified with like IEPs, which are called individual education plans, that it would be another adult in the room that would sit with these two or three kids that couldn't just like see what's happening on the board and do the work. They just need a little extra help that funding Department of Education for me to be able to do that. So it's another one of those situations where y'all better be careful what you ask for, because here's where you gonna feel it.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Here's my advice to the Democratic Party.
Speaker 2: Explain that.
Speaker 1: Explain that to people instead of just rope a dope in and just saying he's a like, explain that. Explain what the Department of Education does. Explain that this is their role. So when you go so when your child comes home and he say I don't know how to read this, and then you start complaining to the teacher like, well, can our kid get some help? The teacher could be like, well, your president that you voted for cut the funding for our our our reading teacher. So you're gonna raise your property taxes, You're gonna pay more taxes, so we could get one because we can get it at the state level. But oh my bad, you've been protesting at all the superintendent meetings because you don't like all the DEI stuff. So nobody that got any sense that cares about books would want to work here anyway because they afraid of what you're gonna say. So now your child can't read, but here go, But who am I to say?
Speaker 2: So that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Keep your eye on if you can, in as much as it might be actually official, see what you could do to like support your local teachers, Like see how you can possibly like it, you know, I mean, obviously if they weirdos, that's different, but like, see if there are ways you could, man, maybe you know, maybe you could maybe you could read after school, like you feel me, Like maybe you could do that, you know, I don't know, man, you know, volunteer for field trips, like I'm obviously I'm talking to parents, like, don't be like single weirdo.
Speaker 2: Unless you got like a little cousin, a little sister.
Speaker 1: Like if this is your niece of school, like you feel me like, you know, I don't know, man, take a day off and just like try that.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Another thing you could do, maybe, like you could keep your eyes on is this immigration stuff, because the thing is they rounding up legal immigrants also. And I can't stress this enough. I say, agents aren't cops. You don't have to tell them anything. If they don't have a warrant, they don't, You don't have to let them people in No, listen, it will hurt you in no way for you to step in front of them and be like, hey, homie, that's my neighbor. Nah, you can't go over there. Let me see the warrant, homeboy. You can be loud with them because they can't arrest you. They're not cops. What's an immigration agent gonna do to you jaywalking ticket? They can't give they're not cops, So you can you can stand in front of them. But as far as our international standing, which is something that you and I really don't have much to say over, we can continue to do our best to tell people across the world that, like this man don't speak for all of us.
Speaker 2: But our soft power is really being destroyed.
Speaker 1: And that's what the usaid that I am absolutely gonna put out next week because this is ridiculous. When soft power gets destroyed. Here's the idea. Whether your village gets bombed or has a medical clinic, both of those things have a flag on it. So when I look at that strapping on it, it's got a USA flag on it, or when I walk into the clinic and get my vaccine and it's got a USA clinic or it's got a USA flag on it, it will have the same effect as to what I'm going to think about this country. Did you send bombs or medicine? Who you think I'm gonna be a little more inclined to help or support the people that bomb in my village or the people that help my village.
Speaker 2: Who you think I'm gonna listen to. I mean, you could just walk into a room and.
Speaker 1: Be like, look, that's time that I checked there was five chains on my neck. Or you could be like, hey, you hungry homie, here go play the food. Trump's made his choice and we saw it in this speech hood politics. All right, now, don't you hit stop on this pod. You better listen to these credits. I need you to finish this thing so I can get the download numbers.
Speaker 2: Okay, so don't stop it yet, but listen.
Speaker 1: This was recorded in East Lost Boyle Heights by your boy Propaganda. Tap in with me at prop hip hop dot com. If you're in the Coldbrew coffee we got Terraform Coldbrew. You can go there dot com and use promo code hood get twenty percent off get yourself some coffee. This was mixed, edited, and mastered by your boy Matt Alsowski killing the Beast softly. Check out his website Mattosowski dot com. I'm a spelling for you because I know m A T T O O W s ki dot com. Matdowsowski dot com. He got more music and stuff like that on there, so gonna check out The heat. Politics is a member of cool Zone Media, executive produced by Sophie Lichterman, part of the iHeartMedia podcast network. Your theme music and scoring is also by the one and nobly matdow Sowski. Still killing the beat softly, So listen, don't let nobody lie to you. If you understand urban living, you understand politics.
Speaker 2: These people is not smarter than you. We'll see y'all next week.