Speaker 1: He is drinks Champs, Mother, Bucky podcast man sign.
Speaker 2: He's a legends every Queens rapper.
Speaker 3: He's agreed that your boy in O R he's.
Speaker 2: A Miami hip hop ponere put up his DJ E f N.
Speaker 1: Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players. You know what I mean in the most professional, unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk drink Champs. Mother. Every day is New Years, That's it's time for drink Champs. Drink up. What a good be hoping he's winna should be this your boy in o R E. What up it is?
Speaker 3: Dj e f N, This mill.
Speaker 1: Timmy crazy world drink Champs.
Speaker 3: You have our and what I tell you this man for for us.
Speaker 1: When I mean that this man is like he is an icon, he is a legend. When you bring up hip hop and you bring up uh uh shaking them them that thing music, he's number one.
Speaker 3: He's put it on for the South, He's put on for.
Speaker 2: The whole world.
Speaker 1: He's went from JODLEH Brown to sitting with the VP of the United motherfucking States. And again we're here to give him his flowers. And so I want to make some noise I want to give him his flowers off top. Let's give him. You know, the last time you was on.
Speaker 4: The show, we started audition, so we wanted to I appreciated that we wanted to give you your flowers and tell you what you mean to hip hop because you fought for us.
Speaker 3: So that means that this show, with our vogar language and our vulgar.
Speaker 5: Behavior, we wouldn't even yeah them off the top, right.
Speaker 1: You know, we were so excited to get you, right and I'm gonna do her, bigie. So I was so excited to get you. So what we do, we got a tradition is we played the music. So I played the music and in the neighborhood I lived at, and I didn't realize, like how crazy it was. Three white neighbors came out and we're sitting there and I was like it was the first time. I was like, maybe you should turn it down a little bit, Like you know what I'm saying is back then, what made you even take the chance of like making that type of music, like because it was the first, it was the first. Yeah, you know, First off, thanks for allowing me to come back. You know, you know, I'm a big fan of his chest. Oh thank you. Appreciate you guys on all social media, and I love what y'all be doing. Y'all been doing it just like you said, y'all y'all got big time. So I was like, okay, hold on, he got big one day.
Speaker 3: But then I appreciate y'all hearing me.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but the answer the question, man, You know, I was the DJ first of all.
Speaker 6: You know, ghetto style DJs.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm spending DJing around here, you know, doing parks, doing dances, doing high school dances, skating rinks and all the whole ship, you know, and uh, basically we would start bringing down hip hop artists. You know, we were pretty much. It was a guy named tiny Heads. He brought you know, juckling high down the first time, and then when we saw him doing that with this DJ group, then I started bringing down Tonight Teev Rocken Man Tronics and all kinds of stuff like that, artists like that, I mean, to buying sounds, you name it. And so I ended up, you know, I you know, was embedded into you know, the New York culture of of hip hop and had a clear understanding of what it was all about, you know, it was the stickers, it was the it was a break dancing, it was the whole style you know that was going on. So I'm like, okay, you know, end up with Two Live Crew. They came down and they didn't.
Speaker 6: Have a label.
Speaker 3: They were on the Cola Records, the same label.
Speaker 1: That uh Ice Tea. And he told me something today.
Speaker 3: He said, the Two Live Crew came out of l A.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that messed me up. Mister Mix is the only one from Miami. No, none of them, Mister Mix from Sam Bernardino. Mister Mix was the one from Miami. Yeah, no, no, no from Sam Bernardino. Wouldn't let this argument drop. He said, one of them is from New York. Two of them from New York, believe brother Marquisa is from Rochester and from Brooklyn, both of them by yeah. Me listening to the two cool back then, I just all I can see is I thought it was all Miami. I couldn't see La none of that. So when you said that to me outside, I was like, get out of here, man.
Speaker 2: Well, so, yeah, how does that go from LA to over here to you?
Speaker 1: So they were in the military, right, they all they all met in the military before it was another young man in the group. It wasn't Marquis Marquese was in Alabama at the time. It was another dude named your Velin. So you had two sides of the record. You know, you had beat Box, which was a kind of dance song that I spent down here, got hot and before you know it, you don't start bringing them down. Then the other side was a Revelation. Revelation was more like a conscience song. So if you can imagine two Live Crews was probably one of the you know, one of the original conscience song groups.
Speaker 6: And so you know when they.
Speaker 1: Came down, they were like, Yo, we ain't got no label, were trying to do this and I'm promoting shows. I want to be like fucking Al Hayman. You know, I ain't trying to be no damn record executive. So at the end of the day, I was like, Okay, well let me I know some record companies around here. Let me hook you all up. And then everybody was like, hell no, they don't do no hip hop in the South. You're tripping, you know, they were doing dance music like Trenia and stuff like that. Yeah, wasn't that back then? No? No? What Yeah? This was early.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're just south of the DJ Cruise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just jam. So I ended up make a long story show. I ended up like fuck it, I put the record out. So then it was like we had this song. We had this little thing that we used to create dances in the dance. Like we had one dance called Kettle Jump where everybody we used the wild Wild West theme and everybody get them jump and then they'll jump. And then we had another dance called throw the d So yeah, yeah, it's like so what ended up happening. I was like, Okay, well fuck it, We'll put the record, I'll create we created a dance and everybody was doing anywhere because we were we were doing skating rings. Yeah, we called the pack Jam skating ring. I made the money from the pack Jam and then by the pak Jam, so.
Speaker 6: We had skating ring.
Speaker 1: We did Carol City saying Hi, then we did the skate ring, then we did at the Pata. So we were doing these parties and then Sunday we would do African Square parks, so we were in the front of them like almost ten thousand people on the weekend so we would be able to break the record and they all moved over here. Then yeah, yeah, and so at the end of the day, we just you know, I said, fuck it, we'll do this on right in and then we did throw the dick and then that shit was hot.
Speaker 3: It went crazy, and that was like the first dirty song.
Speaker 1: And then after we did throw the dick, then it was that was the day's answer song. So the motherfucker mob told me, hey, look at it, man, you uh you know. I was taking the record around, had one distributor, and one distributor was like, yo, you got a I was like, get in my money for this fucking record. I ain't trying to be in this ship. And they were like, yo, you order for you to get your money for that record, you got to give us another record. So then that was the Day's of answer records. You had Roan Tebro, you know, so everybody was doing answers back then. So I ended up I got my little niece, my little cousin. I was like, Yo, you gotta do a fucking song. She ain't no fucking rapper. No, we're gonna write this ship. You're gonna go in there, which is the group and quet and she went in there and did throw the pee yeah, so we did a response song. Then Okay, give me my money for this ship here. This ship hot right here, and so that's how I ended up. And then I was like, well, you know this treat hustle shit ain't ain't really getting it.
Speaker 3: I need to be hustling some motherfucking records.
Speaker 1: So at the end of the day and that's when I like flipped over to doing that, and before you know, and we just went from song to song and back then singles was hot, and I was like, fuck that ship, you know, because the thing is we had down here with people don't realize in Miami, which helped me out a lot, was every major record label would press their records down here to go to uh Columbia and all over the islands and ship exactly.
Speaker 6: So you had record companies here.
Speaker 1: But then they were they were they were cutting the records, and there were the cassettes and the records and all dirt cheap, so you damn nicker and like, you know, I would get this right here cost me twenty one cent and the cassette was costing me thirty cent. So I'm like, oh, ship, I need all this ship. And then I was like, fuck these singles because the industry was like, yo, it's all about singles. I'm like, hell no, We're gonna do an album and then I'm gonna cut the price on the album and I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Cut the single because it was the record label. Yeah, it was the record label.
Speaker 1: And you know, we was were just pumping this ship all across the country.
Speaker 3: I mean, it was, uh, it was. It was a great time.
Speaker 2: One of the first, sorry, but one of the first independence in hip hop.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the first, Yeah, no doubt about it.
Speaker 2: You guys maybe around the same time.
Speaker 1: They came out, after after yeah, everybody, everybody basically was out there. And that's what people, you know, people don't give us the credit for. We created hip hop in the South, no question about it wasn't it wasn't No, it was none existent. It wasn't you know, you had you know you had. I mean you you talked to baby Baby, It'll tell you you trying to sign up with us. We signed an artist from New Orleans named bust Down. You know, we signed MC shot out of Atlanta. You know, So it wasn't they didn't have break the companies, you know, nowhere in the South.
Speaker 3: We went to fucking Houston. I signed up.
Speaker 1: Ahe town you know, so it was you know, it was a lot of you know, okay, how the funk we do this? And then I was trying to sign up master people when he had the ice Cream Man song. He he told me, now I'm trying to do what the fuck you do? Well, no, I'm trying to. I see what you're doing? Are you moving? Which you know, which was mad respect and that wasn't popular back then, like especially a black man owning his own labels.
Speaker 3: So what what what made you?
Speaker 1: I know, you had music that was explicit and all that, but that's still that boss mentality? What made you say you had to because you had to? Because it wasn't no record companies in Miami. I mean it was dance record companies. You saying you got a hip hop record for Miami and it's like you tell and it was like, hell, no, we ain't doing that. You know, it's all either you were from New York and Philly was you know, doing anything, and California was doing itything even at that time. You know most of those guys n W A and everybody else, Egyptian Love and all them draining, all them they was on the Cola Records, the same distribution company that uh that uh that two Live Crew was on all them dudes was over there.
Speaker 3: At one point. You had a relationship with Atlantic, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: So when I did band in the USA, I went I did. Uh.
Speaker 1: I was like, okay, I want to blow this ship up and then you know, okay, I need the big machine.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 6: I cut the deal with Atlantic.
Speaker 1: That was a that was a real interesting deal because you know, I went in there, I went in there.
Speaker 6: I mean, it was too Aaron was silvery room.
Speaker 1: It was it was it was crazy because Doug Marris brought me in the office. It was me, It was it was me, Craig Calvin, and Jimmy Ivean.
Speaker 6: Wow. And it was all three of us.
Speaker 1: One was doing music and the other one, uh.
Speaker 3: Craig had a house label in Chicago.
Speaker 1: What and so we all was sitting in the fucking the office and in Doug Marris's office. Uh, and he was like, y'all, y'all have three next motherfuckers that's gonna be running the music industry. So before Interscope, it was before all that, it was like, y'all, three motherfuckers is gonna be running ship.
Speaker 6: And I'm sitting up in there like.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm sitting back like y'all, y'all are going to be the industry, you know, like like you know, I leave out the office, I say, not knowing what was going on, because again I'm from Miami. I'm not too familiar with the music business, you know like that, Like, you know, I was impressed.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Uh, my lawyers was trying to explain to me who these these big time dudes was. They had this big old five million dollar check that they put in front of me, and you know, I'm a h Street dude, right, so I'm looking at the money like this. But my first instinct was like, you know, hold on, before I do.
Speaker 6: This deal, I got to go around there.
Speaker 1: Howland Sylvia own right, and so I said, I need to get her blessing.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: Mind you, they got this five million dollars check sitting there, and I'm like, no, I need to go all at this black lady. But actually, what Sylvia had Electric at that time or she was at Atlantic. She was she was at Electric Electric. Yeah cool, because that's we are Electric Atlantic. Yeah. Yeah, they were doing but they were doing the marketing okay, everybody. They controlled everybody. And so I looked at her like as if she was the as if she was the dawn. You know what I'm saying, I got to go run this past her because I don't want to be you know, I'm already making money. I don't want to be on this label unless she give me a blessing. And so, you know, I went around there and they was looking. You know, the lady was looking kind of crazy. She was like nah, naw, yeah, yeah yeah. But then at the end of the day, it wasn't really true. She wasn't trying to give me a blessing. Wow, she was.
Speaker 6: It was all about fucking us, you know.
Speaker 3: So we signed up, did the deal, we did.
Speaker 1: The band in the USA album over there, you know it was we did that. You know. Actually, what you probably don't know that was the first downloaded song ever in the history of music. Really, yeah, because what happened is I told him, I said, look, I want to put this record out on fourth of July at twelve o'clock. So I'm assuming that we're gonna ship this motherfucker all right, right, We're gonna ship the record, and we're gonna tell her the record companies, not the record the We're gonna tell the radio station don't play the record until twelve o'clock, you know, because it was for me. It was it was an emotional record we had and we wanted to play it on that on that time. And they were like, Yo, we got a better way to do this, ship And I was like what they said, download? They were like, we're gonna download it. I'm like, huh download? What year it was this? I gotta get this.
Speaker 3: Even this was pre natural, when Max won't even heard of.
Speaker 7: How would they convince you that this is something that the masses are.
Speaker 1: Say he wanted to drop it at that time, I will, But how.
Speaker 2: Do you know the masses even have access to that?
Speaker 1: These motherfuckers had access to the computer where they downloaded that motherfucker to.
Speaker 3: Every radio station because the radio station.
Speaker 1: My thing was, I wanted the record to be on the on the PD desk and then everybody collectively play that bitch at twelve o'clock, gonna for you, And they say, oh, we got a better way. Wow, We're gonna download this motherfucker. So if you go look through the history books, it says that that record is the first time record in the history of music.
Speaker 3: Period, and that makes a noise.
Speaker 1: So so let me ask you, right, one of the pluses pros and carns rather of having this job is people come up to me and no matter where I'm at airports, you know, to just think I'm just drinking twenty four hours. People who come up to you and work all day, like the dudes come to me and say, Louke, what them all that I can be with?
Speaker 3: I can be with a girl, you know.
Speaker 1: Lady, and be like a girl, what do you mean? And then and then you and the rolling places and girls go to like this time, I'm like, God, damn me here with my son. We're doing right? Yeah, I mean I live a beautiful life, I would say, because.
Speaker 5: You like when I look back at it, I feel like you invented the work?
Speaker 1: Like, is that is that that? I'm mad at that fucking word? You're mad in the world? Okay, yeah, I'm mad that fucking Drake Trug comes out and do the songs them turking and everybody. Then change the mocker's I'm like, hold on, change the dance. No, it's booty shading that pussy do the brown That's what is shaken. Took enough heat for that ship. You know, we took heat down the South because you know you had, you know, you had, motherfucker like Meth the man in Red. Man, they get on the record, what's up, doll?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 1: Dog?
Speaker 6: Oh man?
Speaker 3: They do booty music.
Speaker 1: Them niggas down there side that booty ship. Take you got that right, turn down everybody, and all these damn girls want to shake that. You want to change our ship? And they put the bitch in the dictionary. Wait a whole hold on you find that now that's crazy. So it's working as a new word in the fucking dictionary.
Speaker 6: But I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I thought, damn, you're right, because it was Yeah, that's right man. I'm like, man, bootis shaking around. I'm like, hold on, man, and something real quick. You want to show him one album couple real quick?
Speaker 2: He was going to hold off of that. Where is this your baby?
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: You know you're not getting away with this. Listen a person that's that? Listen, man, is that beautiful one cousin up there? Look at that? Look at that? Look at that right man, No mileage on the pussy, but hold on, is there's still there and everything that you went to court for.
Speaker 3: This is after court, after.
Speaker 1: You win, and you just want to throw it back in their face. I can do whatever the funk I wanted. I was just pushing the emvelope with me. I was like, okay, I'm in court, I'm a couple million dollars into this ship right now, everybody coming after me. My lawyer basically told me, say, and by the way, we created the stick or two, just so you know you created it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you don't get that. You get that fucking with me right And I'm like, okay, y'all fucking with the wrong one, you know, because I came up. I really my you know, my dad, my dad Jamaican and my uncle Bahamian man I used to live. I used to go back and full to my uncle house. And so that you know, the motherfuckers, Donna let you look at no cartoons or nothing. You gotta sit there and listen to Malcolm X tapes. You gotta read by h Trap Brown all this, you know, uh, the struggle, the real struggle way back then.
Speaker 3: So I was like, y'all picked the right motherfucker the fuck.
Speaker 1: With you know what I'm saying, because I already know, everything goes in circles. They always told me, Yo, you're gonna you're gonna have invisible change on you. I'm like, what the fuck y'all mean, y'all niggas ain't y'all ain't gonna be free.
Speaker 6: You know, they're gonna try to lock your mind up.
Speaker 1: So I was always taught on that, you know, and everything going circles.
Speaker 6: It ain't black man with any power, you know.
Speaker 1: And that's the readings and there and and everything that I was in and they had me reading up on was any black man in power, They're gonna either kill you, I'll put you in jail, you know, if you got a voice and you're gonna be able to move people in a certain type of ways. So then I looked at myself like, shit, I'm not macau Scarby, y'all, h Trap Brown and one of them dudes. But I'm I'm looking at it like, man, I'm doing this music from down here. I'm not affiliated with No No No Company. You know, I don't got no muscle behind me battling the system. I'm battling the system right now. How How did this Snoop Dog Doctor dre Beef initiately ship. Mind.
Speaker 7: You we've talked about this the first time, but we were you know, we're gonna yeah, stoop dog.
Speaker 3: Mind that's what to this day right now, that's my dog.
Speaker 1: I let him bit to you, Snoop and Shug like I think it was at a Miami game. That's when we squashed the bet. Yeah, it was at the super Bowl. Just imagine it was. It was San Francisco and Cincinnati, right, And I tell her the president of the Dolphin by this story, I was like, do you know it could have been the biggest shootout Super Bowl history in that back. I mean, you had everybody but Jimmy, you know, all the all the bad guys. You know, you had New York and Miami, and it was like some of because that couldn't get in the room. And and it was like, yo, we need to have a conversation about this ship there. But but but it started off, I mean I start the beat. It started out I said something, and I said something in an interview, and then Snooped just dre at first, right, it was just dra yeah, and then Snoop, Young Snoop.
Speaker 3: It was young Snoop.
Speaker 1: It was young Snoop, And and so I did Dre and then Snoop came and uh, and that's when you know Snoop wasn't popular then, And they did the song what Deep Couple, No no, No, it was the dra Day d d Y. Yeah, was the record that came back. So they did the song this and this and.
Speaker 2: Me, you know, and why did you just Dre in the first place?
Speaker 1: I don't know what the fuck was going y'all smoking that weed I got and them sucking half Jamaican, So you.
Speaker 3: Think so you remember they started at right down.
Speaker 1: Got a god damn because it's an honor to have you, brother. Hey, we had to give you your plout man appreciated, appreciated. So we ended up with the damn. We ended up I just them, they just me, And then we did uh Cows in Compton. Uh.
Speaker 3: We did the cows and Compton uh song.
Speaker 1: Uh they had originally they did the you know, the Snoop dish and then we did our this I just obviously wasn't as popular as this, but it was popular down here. Yeah, I'm mad it was you when you realized Snoop wasn't from comed It, Yeah, I was like, what the fuck CO was? And Compton d like what the fun. That's you know, yeah, that's what sucked me up because I thought everybody, you know, I didn't realized he was from the Loan Beach. It was like, God, damn, I supposed to be we suppoted to add Loan Beach in this motherfucker song. But then the whole goddamn West Coast after us. Then, so at the end, at the end of the day, we did we did the beef, We did.
Speaker 6: The songs back and forwards.
Speaker 1: You know again again you saw each other though, right at Jack the Rappers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we saw each other at Jack the Rapper.
Speaker 1: I went to Jill, who Jack the Rapper daughter, who was really hosting the event because Jack had to got left older, and I was like, Yo, y'all, gotta y'all gotta chat with this ship.
Speaker 6: We gotta meet.
Speaker 3: We need to meet because the ship gonna go from.
Speaker 1: Zeo to hundred, you know, because all the all the tough guys from Miami had to migrate it to Atlanta, and it was running the dope game in Atlanta, you feel me.
Speaker 3: And so at the end of the day, you know, they had to took the game.
Speaker 1: Up there, and so you know, again the life before me was a tough guy, you know.
Speaker 6: You know, it was so I know, a whole.
Speaker 1: Bunch of them dudes, you know, and it was kind of crazy because you know, the beef was going back and forwards. It became some real serious ship because again, dudes who I came up with, they're really on that ship, and so they ain't know what they ain't know how to handle that at the end of the day. You know, one day, I h we was up there getting ready to go to Jackie rapping and knock on the door like twelve motherfuckers from the crib who I used to roll with.
Speaker 6: Like, yo, we're here.
Speaker 1: We got a problem, you know what I'm saying, Like, what the fuck y'allma fuckers here was too exactly.
Speaker 6: So somebody added, you know, one of the.
Speaker 1: Boys ay man look, and so they ended up coming in before you know it. Uh, you know, I'm trying to cool these dudes all because they wanted to you know, these motherfuckers, they wanted to do something to everybody. So at the end of the day we cooled it off to a degree where it was just a fight. It wasn't really you know, ain't nobody died, but it was it was. It was bad, you know, because then if you came all the dudes who from Miami it was in Atlanta. Then we all ended up at the hotel and they and they talked the hotel and and people got stabbed. I don't know, it was a lot of things going on. Then people had to end up getting on the plane and going back home. Uh. But at the end of the day, you know, like I said, and I gotta tell people all the time, we went through those those situations. Yeah, right now, we.
Speaker 6: Got past it.
Speaker 1: And that's why I try to tell these young young dudes who out there, you know, they're making these records, you know, and they going about that ship for real. You know, it's a lot of a lot of real ship going on in these streets right now. And I tell them, look, man, don't you know, if you you're doing good music, just do good music. Lead that ship alone. So we all learned from that, you know, me, snoop, you know, we all became friends, sug and all that ship like that, you.
Speaker 6: Know, we ended up.
Speaker 1: It's like, look, we got squashed this ship, and that's how we ended up at this That.
Speaker 3: Was the first day I thought you had squashed it. Off the.
Speaker 1: It became yo, yeah, because they had another Jack the Wrapper the next year.
Speaker 3: It was in Orlando, and I guess they.
Speaker 1: Brought a whole bunch of motherfuckers and they kind of taught that motherfucker up and that was then the Jack the Wrapper.
Speaker 3: But then it was like, Yo, let's let's sit down.
Speaker 1: So, you know, I ended up linking with with Sugar and we ended up saying, Okay, I'm gonna welcome you all down here for the Super Bowl you got San Francisco, and then we'll sit down and chop it up and work it out. But then it wasn't really it wasn't really about working out with just me, because it was you had this whole New York thing, you know, so you had just imagined in this fucking room you had New York gangsters in the room, and it was us, and then it was them. And then I'm like, yo, we're gonna do this ship in the feast, wait in the east coast, West coast. Yeah, it was in between all this, so that's on top of it. Yeah. So then it was like, hey, look, let me just bring everybody to the table. And then we all went in the room and and we you know, mother fuckers had words and ship, you know, and we say, Okay, we're gonna squash this ship. Uh.
Speaker 3: And that's how I kind of it, kind of that, and that's why.
Speaker 1: You see the picture of me and Stoopid And if you look on the back you see dolphins on the wall that was in the damn Dolphins sweet at the Super Bowl Cincinnatian and San Francisco.
Speaker 3: What would life would have been like if you had a chance to speak to.
Speaker 1: Park and Biggie, which I did, were both together in the same room.
Speaker 6: I tried to get them together.
Speaker 1: I mean I would speak to both of them separately, uh, because again you know, Park was my guy also, you know when he was with Digital on the ground, they would do shows together. You know, Man would always end up in the room vibing and Ship talking about all kinds of shit, you know, largely black history, you know, panthers and ship because I wanted to pick his brain about his mom, you know, uh, being in that. And then same thing with Big Big would come down, you know to Miami and uh and and and and chill at at my condo, you know, with a bunch of naked women and Ship. You always gonna him and Hunt got got got stuck in the fucking elevator. Took yeah, talking the elevator. That's the funniest ship. So we you know, but me and him was down like that, I mean, you know, uh, and and that's how you know we end up. Anytime I would go to New York, I would hang out with Big We did records together and ship like that.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: And the same thing with Pop, you know, Pop got out of jail. I went and interviewed him, you know. Uh, I had to, you know, at the Sugar Nightclub and Bacon's you know six six two, you know, and and most people were like, yo, them niggas gonna set you the funk up.
Speaker 6: You know you're already not at Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was like the.
Speaker 1: Little set you up up in that motherfucker. Nah, were going in that motherfucker. It was me, He'll go the crazy part about there. It was me, Trick Daddy and Mossad. So Trick Daddy won't out is before Scard, before Scard before Scard. Yeah, Trick Dady just got out of jail. He's staying with me at the condo. You know, fucking all the girls at the at the goddamn beauty school downstairs. But he he was so we it was like, you know, I don't want him to go back to jail because he just got out of jail. So it was like, no, fuck that ship, fuck that shit, Dick, I'm going, what you do you know? And Shane most deep like, yo, I'm going. We know we're going together. So we went to go tape an interview excuse me, with them at the sixty sixth two club. That's why if you ever see any clips of that interview, Wait a minute, you're telling me, Trick Dabby who has all this stuff music.
Speaker 6: Title?
Speaker 1: I think I believe all of his that the titles of his album had stuck in it. It's a possibility of with the front that he would have went listen. I'm just you know, it's a possibility that we would know.
Speaker 6: We ain't listen.
Speaker 3: We didn't go in there without no tools, you know.
Speaker 6: What I'm saying. So, but uh, but it was it was it.
Speaker 1: Was it was. It was crazy. It was crazy. I mean, but we went in there. It was peaceful, you know, motherfuckers was watching their back and all that. Uh in the club. We eventually did the interview with him, because he had first just got out of jail, and that's when you see him. You know, Uh, I'm doing the interview. I'm trying to squash the beef also, but shiit, he.
Speaker 3: Just went from zero till a thousands.
Speaker 1: He started talking about you know, faith and all this and the girl and all this, and he just was on twelve up in that month, we were doing an interview for for the Peep Show. Oh wow, that's crazy. Yeah, that that ship was.
Speaker 6: That was wild.
Speaker 1: Very seldomly see the people, very seldomly we get people that new park. But and when we do get people that know Park, we only get people that knew one version of park, like the Digital Underground or just the Death Row part.
Speaker 3: What was the difference between you when you.
Speaker 1: First met Park, like imagine in the Digital Underground days to the to the park that you know, you know, became the superstar or was it even even a difference. It was really it was when he became big, uh Digital Underground days, he was more laid back, you know what I'm saying, because it was it was about Humpty, you know, so.
Speaker 3: He was he was he was more of a supportive role.
Speaker 1: Guy was no different. It was he was no different, you know. And I so I always when I'm around the superstars, and then I look at the other people who are around, and then those one who's soaking up the information, getting the information, they gonna be that guy. I mean, same thing with jay Z. You know, Big told me he next a while, right, and he was just hanging out with Big. He was one of the guys in the crew. I was like, I'm thinking, he getting ready to say one of the junior mafia guys, you know. So Park was so I would always gravitate to.
Speaker 3: Them, young guys who would be sack.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I knew he had that it, you know, and very few people, you know, you can see that. And so I'm looking at him vibing, and he really want to be in the business. And a lot of people don't realize them guys who would be hanging out soaking up the information, they ain't really getting no money. They really want they really you know, paid, They really putting it in network in the business, whether they the roadie or other. They just there are trying to you know, find their weight. And uh. And so when he became this the superstar, uh, and he got big, then you know he would come down again, hang out with me, go to the to some of my parties and ship you know.
Speaker 3: And then it became versus this quiet dude.
Speaker 1: It became like George Jefferson, you know that Napoleon complex. He had the big chest, he walked like this and you know, and you know a little short dude.
Speaker 3: Then he had it going on, which was which was good.
Speaker 1: He wasn't really part was never really a dude that was shipped on nobody or talked bad about nobody. He just had, you know, he would feel he just feel itself, you know, like that. So those are the two different the two different people. And even when I, like I said, when I did that interview with him, uh in Vegas, it was it was the same thing. You know. He he was feeling some kind of weight just getting out of jail. You know, he was feeling See you could tell the build up was about uh what was what potentially became the fucking beef.
Speaker 3: Do you ever watch that jay Z clip?
Speaker 6: You got what.
Speaker 1: You was, go, you go, We're gonna re enact that right.
Speaker 2: For that?
Speaker 1: Do you ever can we get a girl with the times? Jay Z?
Speaker 3: We won't marry man?
Speaker 1: Yeah, my wife, my wife yeah, yeah, yeah, my wife over there, my wife over there. Yeah, yeah, that's right, You've got to be here. We ain't doing no, we ain't doing nones. Just talking about pussy that was another name. But whenever, now and then I like to see look at it because to see jay Z's uncomfortable to this because because I've never asked you, this man did he know that was gonna happen. I just cripped this crib. I can't tell tell people when I did the piece show right, it was really about it was you know, I was like, I came up with this ship. I'm like, I'm gonna do a show because all these mother fuckers talking about sex and this and all this wild ship on the record. Now that I deliberated everybody and made it okay for you to say what then you want to say on the record, people just losing their mind.
Speaker 6: I can tell you put it in your mouth.
Speaker 1: Hey, okay, we're gonna interview you and we're gonna have some girls sitting here. I keep the whole I can never okay you saying you you you freget it? Kenny, Yeah, asked Lil Kimp you you you fucking up making all these songs Ki Kim, It's crazy. We had she walks in there. We got a whole hand going on. We got everybody fucking each other and ship Kim walking in next year, got no teddes and Ship. She's like, what the is going on? We're go ahead, I'm saying, so so I'm trying to I'm trying to picture myself because you just said, but Jacus Jay is a smooth guy, like he's always been smooth. I'm never moving him. I've never seen him my school. That's the only time I might have seen him a little uncomfortable. So I wanted to always know for myself, like did you did he know him?
Speaker 3: You say you didn't know to.
Speaker 1: Describe what happened, like, so okay, so the thing is again, Big say you know Jay? And Big right then he said, and so Big were like, you know, and man, put put my guy on the on the show, right, I'm just booking Jay z Oh. Okay, he wasn't Jay, and I don't think he had a record out of nothing.
Speaker 2: You have this song with Big already, the bust of that joint.
Speaker 3: Before we probably did probably did.
Speaker 1: So then it was like, man, put my homeboy on on the show.
Speaker 6: And all that.
Speaker 1: Right, Jay was the first one that wasn't had a big record, he ain't had no records about doing nothing, you feel me. And so I'm like, okay, we're gonna interview him. Then we end up interviewing Jay, and so I'm like, okay, we're gonna set this ship up. I got these two girls and then nigga, you know cause I always like throw people mine off. You know. So the girls z eating each other out. So if I'm they eating each other out, then I'm asking you what. I'm ask you a question, like I'm looking at you. Actually I get everything because you ain't frona bullshit me right now because you distracted. He's like Jay sitting up there like yeah, yeah, yeah, everything, the same thing with the rest of Little Kim and all like yeah, did you fuck me? Oh yeah yeah yeah. So so he was sitting there. I mean, it was fucking epic because if people I see that clip all the time, I'll be laughing. And you know, because I didn't know one of the it was that time of the month with one of the girls. Oh ship, oh.
Speaker 5: No wait wait wait, left know the girl face came up.
Speaker 1: And did like that. I'm like whoa on the part scrump you know. If he got I was like, hey, I had to check myself. I'm like, whoa, whoa? You know, And obviously she didn't know what was on her face. The other girl did and we had cut cut cut cut cut.
Speaker 8: That.
Speaker 1: I remember that that you if you really look at it on.
Speaker 3: The videotape because he was giving them really looking at you, you can.
Speaker 1: See it crazy. Wow. It was. That was the wild ship. I was man when we was like why would you do this right here? But when you noticed that time of month, damn, that was a mess. Yeah. I wasn't ready. I wasn't I wasn't ready. You weren't ready for I did not know that.
Speaker 4: Smoke.
Speaker 1: Ah yeah that my notes up. Okay, some of you get ready something.
Speaker 2: I said this last here and I'm gonna say when when how can I be down? Came through? He had the boat parties and first of all the promo.
Speaker 7: Items that he was giving out and I brought it last time that he was on the show was these little view things that you look to and it was like a scene the scene he's depicting the scenes like that the peep shows the people in the little view, I still got the joints. And then you get on the boat for how can I be down convention and it's chill, and the minute that she takes off from base side, there was baseide right yeah, yeah, then the music strippers.
Speaker 1: Come out of nowhere. Everything he described is happening on the boat. Read Alert was one of the DJs, and shit was wild Man wild. So so let mede this a little bit, right because we seen the freaking Freaknick the documentary. But I'm thinking about that, why we where's the.
Speaker 3: Peep show the documentary?
Speaker 1: Like all I said, because one thing about you, I was saying, I will always say to all the people, like Instagram wouldn't be alive. Most artis wouldn't be alive back then, but if they had Instagram. But the difference between you from everyone else is you kind of like documented all your ship.
Speaker 3: So your freak was out in the open, right.
Speaker 1: I had to do that because because every city I go, like for instance, I went to South Carolina one time, and and you know, they would say that I would have the girls on stage naked. So then I was like gonna get fucked that. I'm gonna just start videoing all my shows and everything so people can actually see that I ain't got nothing to do with it, you know. And I went to South Carolina one time and some girl from the military got on stage with my dancers, my dancers made love to and all that.
Speaker 3: She ended up going back to the base talking ship.
Speaker 1: Girl dancers, the girl dance they were, they would they were the bad guys, right, they were the bad guys. The girl that there would there were no freaking red right, freaking red was a was an animal. She's on love and hip hop? Right, No, no, okay, my dances can't be on shows like that.
Speaker 3: The exce ones. Yeah they can't know they can't.
Speaker 1: They would pull our pearls and ship out of there.
Speaker 3: Vagina have babies.
Speaker 1: On Wait telling about Wait, and they was doing that on the boat.
Speaker 3: We used to have babies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they put a little doll baby in them and there pick up bottles, bottle. Yeah, there was a lot of ship going on. I just had to get get a hold of myself. Yeah it was. It was a lot of things going on. We were pushing that envelope. But say, the least I've never been like is going on so eight years of this show. So we would go to city to city doing this ship. And that's again, that's how that whole freaknick thing started. When we went to at it was a nice little party, and we just went there and just turned the motherfucker out, no different than Galveston. Caston was a nice uh college weekend.
Speaker 6: Turned it out.
Speaker 1: You know. We went to uh Daytona Beach, same thing, and so I documented all that I got, all that footage, made you document this stuff. It became let me tell you, let me tell you. It was. I saw new kids on the block, new kids on the block. I never thought new kids on the block. God, kids on the block. They were doing They were doing backstage footage and selling it on DVD on VHS. So I was like, oh Ship. So Billboard had a whole chart and the chart was filled up with artists doing backstage footage, and I said, well, god damn, why won't do something stage footage?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 1: And then at that time Master P was doing his his movies and Ship and then I'm like, you know, I can make a lot of money doing this ship I show. Because everybody always asks what the fuck happened? Is we get on on the on tour? You know what happened is the whole ass, right, So I start documenting it and this is the fourth Girl's gone wall. You're the original. Girl's gonna wat original for that? He stole that ship. I don't know how we made money. We made We made a lot of fucking money. We made a license from you exactly exact you know, he did the white version. What girl. They went around trying to act like he was cool and ship you know, motherfuckers, Oh let me do oh ship. I see some ship to me trying to do that and imitating this dude. So at the end of the day, that's what we were doing. So we were documenting it and we were putting it out like we did the peep Show.
Speaker 3: I went to, uh and this why this wild? Uh?
Speaker 6: The guy who used to run BT, what his dame?
Speaker 3: He don't like me to this day.
Speaker 1: Stephen Hill hates my guts.
Speaker 3: Because because he wanted to do the brown.
Speaker 1: My bad.
Speaker 3: I don't know that was ahead. I might need a joint.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 1: So BT had this network called Action pay per view, and they weren't really doing nothing.
Speaker 6: With it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So Playboy had he was doing all the uncut videos and so I went to Bob Johnson at the time and say, look, let me put these peep shows on Action pay per view.
Speaker 6: You know, I own them.
Speaker 1: So bt actually was the one who's airing the peep show Wow on the on the affiliate that their own.
Speaker 3: Their own Action.
Speaker 6: Pay per view.
Speaker 1: And so when I came in the big boardroom and uh and and that's when Steven had just got in there, and.
Speaker 3: Bob was like, fuck that, Now I'm gonna do this.
Speaker 1: You could do this, Luke, and I never got a video played on bt UH at that time, so it was like almost like a little beef h that I was doing that ship on there. And so but I owned the peep shows and we would shoot them and put them on pay per view make a lot of money.
Speaker 6: And then I just said okay, fuck it.
Speaker 1: After they sold the network, then I didn created the freak shows.
Speaker 3: And that was me going around to capturing.
Speaker 1: What we were doing on on on on tour.
Speaker 3: Even BZ cut they didn't play.
Speaker 1: That was the way after I think that was I'm saying like they didn't play like the videos on pay per view.
Speaker 3: On Action pay per View, I was we programmed that.
Speaker 1: So what I did was I I did the Little Kims, the jay Z's and all that stuff like that, and then we added the uncut videos in it because what I did was basically, I know, I wasn't gonna get my videos played, so I used the adult version of the lyrics and then did the videos and in the club, yeah, and so I just took those videos, and other people started doing their videos with the uncut version of it and putting it on there. And so it was between us and uh in the Playboy channel that was playing uncut versions.
Speaker 3: Okay, well cut down.
Speaker 7: I imagine the boardroom meeting when you show the first episode he checked this out, guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Stephen Hill was like, I like, I hate this motherfucker. That's why it wasn't until it wasn't until Connie Johnson became the president. When Connie ran that network is when I got honored. I never was on until then. I was up. I was up first, arnore. It was like they was shipping on me ever since then. So it's you know, there's always a woman, and that shows me love.
Speaker 3: That's what's up.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, Now, what happened in the Grammys that you didn't go back to the Grammys for like twenty years Oh fuck it, I just made up with I just made up with them, fucking twenty thirty years later. I mean, it was it was. It was crazy because I'm going through this ship. I'm going to court. I got three cases. People think it was it was one. It was actually three cases. One the record was deemed I've scene. The other one we went to jail because we went in a sung of op scene record. And then the other one was the roy obuson well, I was going to the Supreme Court. So it was three fucking cases that was for free speech. All of them were inter twine. Then I had this George Lucas fucking suit from my name was Skywalker, you know. And then so I'm getting sued all over the fucking place, and and damn, I just mentioned all them.
Speaker 6: I lost track of what you asked me.
Speaker 8: See, I'm getting fucking old.
Speaker 1: This is that fucking yeah, the Grammys. So I'm going through all this ship. I'm going to all these courts. I'm fighting there, motherfucking body. And Nick Grammy's invited me to the to the Grammys. So I go to the Grammy's. I get dressed up, I got my homeboy Fendsachi. Neil, God bless his soldies and lock up again. I love Neil, uh Neil was Neil was was was uh Neil was Colito and Colido's way, you know, my my dog, Neil, Me and Neil. We go to the fucking walls. We get on the plane.
Speaker 6: We go there.
Speaker 3: And then you know, and then people get up on the thing.
Speaker 1: And we want to take this moment because we know artists are going through you know, this free speech and and the censorship ship, and we're not gonna be allowed. We're not We're gonna support artists that get censored. And I want to honor artists today that we brought here and ladies and gentlemen. But donnad. I'm like Madonna, not this bitch Madonna. She spent one day, motherfucking jail. I just got out of jail for music. They put my black ass in jail. You know, I'm gonna fighting every court in the land Madonna. Right. So I'm sitting there like, ain't this a bitch? I had a Rodney danger Phil moment. You know what I'm saying. Now, I'm like in shock, these talking about Madonna. You know, no disrespecting Madonna she's you know, she a freaking everything.
Speaker 3: But god damn Ma.
Speaker 1: Donna, and I'm saying, man, broh man, I got so motherfucking hot man. I went and uh hung out in the city. I was like, I ain't never going back to this ship ever in my life, you know. And then later on Betty right, God bless us.
Speaker 3: Older, you know how our queen in Miami.
Speaker 1: She didn't say, Luke, you gotta you gotta fucking we gotta down. And so I sat down with some of the guys from the Grammy and and you know, she was on the Grammy board. She was on the board, okay, yeah, and so she was like, yo, you know, we gotta make this ship right. And then I ended up going lobbying for them in Washington, d c uh. And then I still was out. I ain't really fucking with y' all like that, and and so but I, you know, she say do something, I'm gonna do it, and then I kind of chilled, you know, I really didn't get too active. And then they came to me, uh with the fifty for the Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Like look, we wanted to do something special.
Speaker 1: We understand, you know, we fucked up, you know, way back then, and we want to make this ship right. And so they ended up kind of, you know, giving me a little tribute in the fifty and then saying some good ship right because at first you felt like they didn't include Miami in the fifty year anniversary overall overall, yeah, oball, yeah, yeah, oball.
Speaker 6: I was I was high.
Speaker 1: I was hot because you know, at the same time, man, you know, what we did and what we stood for and what we fought for in the courts, and the amount of money and the shit that we went through. You know, it's hip hop, you know what I'm saying. You know, it was a part of hip hop, whether people like it or not. And so everybody got all this fifty anniversary and fifty that, and not to include Miami into the conversation in any kind of way, you know, you know, because what people didn't realize even way back then, and I told people, you know, I remember going to the New Music seminar saying, you know, hip hop is gonna be global, you know, because one guy was on the panel, I was like, yo, you gues somebody mentioned Two Live Crew, and it was like, oh, that shit is a fad. It's gonna go away. I forget the guy named and then I stood up in the middle of this shit. It was like two thousand people at this hip hop panel. I was like, fuck, that hip hop is gonna be global, you know, and one thing about the South, you know, to catch you on the South, then it's gonna be bigger than just New York.
Speaker 6: It was no disrespect.
Speaker 1: It was just gonna be what New York created was going to be global in a major way. And so what I predicted was actually the truth because you know, you didn't have PD Pablo, and you had the Switch House, you had all these guys from all over South.
Speaker 6: You had you know, uh three three six.
Speaker 1: Mafia, and then you know, the guys in New Orleans. So it became what what I envisioned it to be, which people didn't realize it. People didn't They didn't think it was gonna be this serious, which you know, when you look at it all and you say, okay, you got fifty you know, we all we need to be in that conversation because we created and started.
Speaker 3: You've been like thirty seven years, right, how long?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Fifty thirty?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Next year, no, next year be our forty if.
Speaker 1: Your anniversary forty if year, so yeah, like mentally eighties for sure, yeah, next year, next year long and this comes from this comes from from from somewhere. I can't tell you. But did you ever get had on stage? Yeah? I did?
Speaker 3: What ship?
Speaker 6: Rick James was even bussy I had.
Speaker 1: He was practicing when you preach. Oh yeah, I'm not ready for. I was in Japan, Like that makes it bad? Got in Japan? Is that what you got home? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Like you a long time.
Speaker 1: The ship? Well yeah that's a big bugge. No, yeah, I did that, and and that's you know. And then I had to the settlement was They gave me fifty thousand was and told me I had to do a song on New Jack City soundtrack. I was like, I take that settlement all day. Yeah. So we did the song Dick and the Dust on there. Okay, I'm bad, wasn't ready for. I got you, boss, I got you. I got you. You know it. That's why you got to get That's why you have to come here to be here, because y'all. Once once i said, I'm like, oh ship, Yeah, I can't go on the fucking Shannon shopping I have this conversation.
Speaker 3: I can't I can't.
Speaker 1: Have that conversation. Now, I mean, you lost like a motherfucker dicking the city on.
Speaker 9: You know, come here hip hop du Paul heaven Man, Paul huh.
Speaker 1: I forgot what was the question?
Speaker 2: You know we were talking about the subtle day.
Speaker 1: It was head on stage.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was in Japan. Yeah, so the girls. So we were touring. We are, We're going over the Oska, Yokahoma, Kyoto, we are. We just touring because I basically was staying in Japan, going back and forth. So we set up this big ass tour that was out again. That's after I left two Live Crew and all that. So I'm over there. You know, I didn't embrace the culture and all this ship were doing these shows and these these venues, me and JT. Money, and every night I go to the front of the stage and the girls the stage was like right here, nigga touch you. So all these fucking Japanese girls were just grabbing my dick every night and they were doing this right here. I'm like, so now you mind you. We got like twelve dates over there, and so I'm like, yo, if they fucking grabbed my dick again, one eve, mother gonna come on stage and give me some fucking head.
Speaker 6: So then.
Speaker 1: It was not no random Okay, We're going through the shows and they just grabbing all our ship, me and JT Money, right, I'm like so it was like, okay, you know they rode by, we rode by the jail house, and they was like them fucking Japanese jail houses fucked up like a real job.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna escape artists.
Speaker 6: Some signed up the jail.
Speaker 1: I didn't escape from so many goddamn places you can imagine, right, So I'm like, fuck that ship. This is the last show, the last show. Somebody grabbing my ship up here on this stage. I'm bringing them on one stage and we're gonna get our dicks up. You're clear our and I'm hearing about I'm hearing about Rick James got Tina Marie on stage eating a pussy, right, So you ain't know about that man, y'all Instagram now then it was only it was only one channel back then. So I'm like, funk that ship. I gotta do better than Rick James.
Speaker 3: And then it ended up being that show and the girl come up on stage.
Speaker 6: We got the girls up on stage.
Speaker 1: They were you know, they just started giving us heads wild and that was the last song. We didn't have energy to finish. Were completely drained. We didn't ship like that ship ended up on national news and everything. You can find that ship online saying about it.
Speaker 2: Dad, I'm curious about what did they say were there in Japan?
Speaker 3: I don't know because I didn't go back.
Speaker 6: I was like, I'm getting the fun out of internet.
Speaker 1: Ship relations between them? What relations? I did some things. I'm y'all asked me questions. I'm just realizing that much. Wow, ship, I'm sure there's more than we not even because because last time you was here, I know, she said this lady looking like this crazy. I know the reason you you were here today. I'm sure your dad was.
Speaker 5: Oh y'all, y'all, the last time we was here, we we didn't play this game that you don't have to take shots.
Speaker 3: If you don't want, you can take SIPs.
Speaker 1: We're playing quick.
Speaker 3: Let's ship.
Speaker 1: Point somebody out and they'll take us. You want someone here doesignated? Somebody could be designated. Who y'all was doing this with your keys? Oh yeah, we know everybody. We started out ship.
Speaker 3: We started like I was like, boy, Alicia, she was handling that money pick up to Alicia to Alicia Keys. Okay, oh damn, I've pulled up the wrong wrong list.
Speaker 7: Okay, so here's the rules. This is our drinking game. Okay, we're gonna give you two choices. You pick one, we don't drink. If you say both are neither meaning the PC answer like you don't want to answer it, then we all drink.
Speaker 1: So about picked one. If we pick one, nobody drinks. Nobody drinks, you know, because we're all drinking again, We drinking no matter what. Okay, yeah, so and then so I don't answer, but I always answer everything.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: But this is a part like people think it's a verse, like, oh, we say, we just want to bring up people's names, any any stories you got with them.
Speaker 2: It's about bringing things up.
Speaker 3: You know you've got stories with them.
Speaker 2: It's not a negative thing. We're not trying to do this.
Speaker 1: Anybody.
Speaker 3: You gotta do this because this is Miami.
Speaker 1: A first one brother Marquis or Fresh Kid Ice resting piece of both, Brother.
Speaker 6: Marquise are Fresh Kid Ice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can say both. You can say neither.
Speaker 3: You could say one of them neither.
Speaker 1: Okay, we drink, we're drinking. You can say if you don't have to take shots. We're going to take shots.
Speaker 2: Was the fallout that bad that you said neither?
Speaker 1: No, I said neither because I don't want to pick me to You wouldn't say both of them. It's more yeah, yeah, both of neither. We're drinking anyways, it's the same thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, exactly, both Okay?
Speaker 1: Okay, Trina or Karsha? Oh ship Trina? Oh okay, she the first, She's the original. She's the original, and Karisha would have appreciate that.
Speaker 3: I believe you're correct. Jay Prince or Tony Draper.
Speaker 1: Oh both? Okay?
Speaker 3: Drink damn y'all going hard up in here?
Speaker 2: And any stories remember any stories you.
Speaker 1: Got buddy man? J Prince, My god love you J Prince to have a label together, Yeah, that would be interesting, Jay, that's my guy.
Speaker 3: I fuck with J.
Speaker 1: Tupac or DMX dressing piece of booth Tupac. You ever met DMX?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah, how was that first interaction with DMX?
Speaker 1: It was it was it was like we were at an event pass someone really like vibing with him.
Speaker 6: Anything like that.
Speaker 1: We had a ben chilling okay, no limit or cash money? Whoa god? Damne? Yes, oh man ship both.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, i'n get my shot ready.
Speaker 1: She pulled up some shots for you. You want them right there? You got brown brown, madman like a clown. But you're getting brown. No, no, don't give me the brown.
Speaker 6: What my mother I got. I'm a Jamaican.
Speaker 2: No no, no, he's drinking, no.
Speaker 1: Carting them all. We're cutting them brown. No no, no, that's brown baby with cranberry. You trying to be nice? Yeah, that's your drink. Okay, that's gangster, this is Miami. Yeah, so did I was? I supposed to take a shot. Now you got your do you drink some good? Two Life Crew of Poison Clan.
Speaker 6: Damn boy, y'all.
Speaker 1: Hardcore Klan is also baby two LIVEE Crew. That's what they were originally known.
Speaker 6: Both.
Speaker 3: Okay, cheer old shot shot, I poured you.
Speaker 1: Hey on. Life's a bitch, so why married one? Being in love with a bitch is very dumb? PC who haters? That's the most classic fucking line I've heard in my life. That's j T. Money here, a fucking legend. Man. That ship school ain't for me, man, That mother man, j that's that's my guy. That motherfucker. Yeah. Well, there you go. J T. Money or Trick Daddy both Big of a j C. Money and trick that Trick Daddy both my family. J T. Money was the first gangster rapper. Let me tell you how me and Big became real good friends because he was a j He was a Poison Clan fan. Wow, And I was surprised that he knew anything about that. He was like, no, no, no, I'm a fucking uh that JT. Money. I'm a fan of his. And I called J up and was like, man, you know, Big like your ship, you know. And and again this was when Big was blown up.
Speaker 5: Big was big, he said, he listening to willing to influence a lot of people.
Speaker 2: I felt like there was like the n w A of Miami, of the South.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would say the South. You can't just say Miami because.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean, I'm just saying. Originally, when they first came out, it was very local. But then it grew big.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, yeah, I mean yeah, and then they spent off into it was home home team. Yeah, pick it up, pick it up. That was that was a big record. Man.
Speaker 7: I love society. Society, I mean, that's not society was a part of that time. Yes, indeed, yeah, that was a huge record. But I ain't gonna live with you. Let me tell you something. With Miami, it was New York nigga get out of Yeah, came professor, New York. Society came up here. You know when Griff got kicked out of public and of me.
Speaker 1: He took him in.
Speaker 3: I took him in. I was come on, Griff, I got you.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were all man at me and ship.
Speaker 1: Why the fuck did you sign this? Motherfucker? You got here and everything? And then society was in there. But society reped Miami. When he came here, he reapped my society. Good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, same team with home team. They red miamiep yep. I love when Miami started talking about Miami.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: I love it. I love you. Be getting very excited.
Speaker 1: It's in his blood. I've been here sixteen years, so it's like sixteen Yeah, he'll come here too.
Speaker 6: Man, Now.
Speaker 1: I have been you guess yes, okay, you live in the multiple areas, man, Okay, kod or booby trap on the river. You should have asked that question, Oh fucking ko D do we drink what?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, k D, We don't you if you pick one back, but.
Speaker 5: Huh, you didn't take it back strip club wise, but you know, watch you pick ko D over when we travel the river.
Speaker 1: Ko D is the original KOD, the original disco ric he the one started k legend.
Speaker 2: We got.
Speaker 1: Hecking legend. Yeah. Ko D set the standards for strip clubs. Even though, even though even though the Rolex that's my next and Cocos and Cocos, Cocos and Rolet gonna say that rolexes before, for sure, roles got rolees got body Take one, take one too, Take one still stayed open. Take what had the juke box take I'm trying to tell. See they get you know, they get Magic City, all the glory, you know, because they're in Atlanta, because you don't Magic City. Okay, yeah, yeah your magic that's my guest shouts out the magic. But that ship started at the Rolex. You know what I'm saying, That ship the Rolex started. You know, it was originally the Climax.
Speaker 3: That was the original name, original the look.
Speaker 1: A lot of Atlanta people.
Speaker 6: Are gonna wash it.
Speaker 1: I don't give a ship. But they didn't even do full nudity at no. They understand now, see im I'm certified, you know. That's why I was that That's why I was able to produce the freaking Okay, even though they tried to say some other people produce it, but they know how I.
Speaker 3: Produced it, right, we know.
Speaker 6: I'm just saying, yeah, we know.
Speaker 1: But at the end of the day, no, that's the ship started at a lot of people thought I owned the Rolex because what I did was I got the strippers out of the Rolex, some some good ship there, and I was like, everybody got these models on the videos, right, So I would get the models and use their face and then take the strippers and use their ASDs. So looked at my videos, shoot her face and then shoot the ass he's doing some before hide.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, make love to the camera, like and then you know, every now and then it was a nice you know, not bullet wound stripple, you know, and they would I'd be like, make love to the camera the same way you making love to the just unattractive motherfucker that you want to make get this money out.
Speaker 3: Of them, and they would dance.
Speaker 1: And people found those videos to be offensive and they had all they clothes on, right, so go get back to quick time slid right. But let me ask you when, because like like the Strip Club went from like at first it was like a negative place, right, like people just going there or whatever whatever, and then it went from like this is where people kind of hang out right now, me, I'm thinking that it started in the Players Club when Atlanta.
Speaker 3: No, the movie, the movie The Players.
Speaker 2: Can you think that that culture started with that movie?
Speaker 1: No, I'm asking That's what I'm asking, Like, like because remember like hanging out on the strip club, I mean in New York, I'm from New York. In Miami, it was real life.
Speaker 3: This is what I'm asking.
Speaker 1: This is this is what I'm asking when I'm asking, Wow, we had to go job but as a Miami in right, as as a when you see it, because that's when like to New York, like when we've seen the Players Club, it's like these guys hang out at a strip club, like we didn't unders standing, right, So was Miami doing that before the Players Club?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah yeah?
Speaker 2: In high school, right a passage you go to eat breakfast, lunch.
Speaker 1: And dinner. Remember, I ain't understand it if you Ice cboy, if you had ice cuboy, you here he will tell you you didn't say that, though it had to be. It was inspired by Miami strip clubs. You know, it was off the rumors that some girl you know, kind of came over the idea and then you know, but because they ain't nobody getting naked in in l A. Nobody, they don't don't have clubs in l A based based based players club at Atlanta, right, So.
Speaker 6: If he did that, that's fine too.
Speaker 1: But at the end of the day, it all originated and started here in Miami, in Miami and so and so the thing is, the thing is with the My first strip club I went to was right across the street from the pack Jam skate rink. Wow, my bouncers was white guys. That mom owned the strip club in North Miami, right from Houston's right and so.
Speaker 6: The Houston Houston restaurant.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, that's it's still it's still a club.
Speaker 6: It was a strip yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: So the so my bouncers, like yo, I got to take you over here and cross the street from the skate rink was toutsies, not the tusies, you see nothing. It was the old toussies, okay. And so they took me in this motherfucker right now. This was before Rolex and all that. They took me in this motherfucker and was like yo. I was like, look, black people don't go in no book.
Speaker 2: How old are you at this time when they're taking you.
Speaker 3: I had to be fucking uh nineteen. Black people don't go no strip clubs.
Speaker 1: And it was like, yo, you with us big big white bouncers and ship Rocko and Damien that's what their name. I think one of them died blessed. So they took me in this fucking Tutsis and I saw that ship. I was like, whoa that touses was a white club or white club, you know our way, you know, you see the movies strip club, motorcycle guys, motorcycle, Haryan Nation type ship, strip club.
Speaker 6: And when I went in that motherfucker right.
Speaker 1: There and saw that ship, it was like wow, you know, so it kind of added on to everything. And then they started up the Rolex and then you know again that was a part of our culture, and we we had to display that on video because I wasn't getting ready to try to be like New York and have break dances in the video. You know what I'm saying I wasn't gonna put that on an album cover, A train with stickers and ship like that, you know, and you know he look this where the fuck we're from, half naked every mother day. We got strippers, you know what I'm saying this, And that's how you broke records here in the strip club.
Speaker 2: That's how you broke the records.
Speaker 1: On the couple of dash on the beach, I'm like, like, what the fuck are you doing? This is where we're from, this is what we're all about, face down, and that's all. That's the way we liked that.
Speaker 3: We got.
Speaker 5: We got, Yeah, he was running a politicians lit that time. It was no where the last time we.
Speaker 1: Got yeah, yeah, you was. He was light, he was running, he was running problem we got.
Speaker 8: We got.
Speaker 1: This camp. We had the camp that motherfucker last time. Were almost at BG thirteen. I'll just tell you all right now, fans.
Speaker 3: We got read it all.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, let me go to the next one. Man, would you skip one?
Speaker 3: I thought that was that's Miami ship. I don't even know.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean, I know the Lajuana Love or the puppies?
Speaker 1: Is it la wanna love? Is that's the way he said, lea Wan Love. Yeah, the war Love. I know the puppies, tell me, I don't know about la wan Wan Love. The one love was was.
Speaker 3: He's a damn state trooper right now. He was one of my artists. You know.
Speaker 1: Again, I'm trying to build this record company around guys from Miami, you know, and so I'm getting I'm getting the artists, signed them up, and he did this on everybody say yeah, oh yeah, that's a that's a classic.
Speaker 6: That's a classic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so I hope you get about.
Speaker 1: And so on and we put that money.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you that the person that was that was the rapper la Wan Love.
Speaker 1: So he was probably one of my first solo rapper. Yeah, it's a kid.
Speaker 6: He was a little kid.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 3: Uh, okay, I got this one. I got this No, no, you would do this one. Okay, Miami, Yeah you gotta you gotta take all ship.
Speaker 1: I thought you was give him he was gonna give me a red parrot Rick roster because I mean he was signed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I signed him up.
Speaker 1: I found him, got him off the streets, got his life in order, and put my moms around him.
Speaker 3: Loved him and uh and how special he was Big Teacher.
Speaker 1: Yeah, big teach. I mean Pitt was Pitt was you know. Let me tell you how that came about. I saw Fat Joe and what Fat Joe and Big Punk was doing. God bless uh uh that Big Punk. I did a song with Punk, and I said this Puerto Rican rapper you know in New York.
Speaker 3: Like how you said, said Puerto Rican? Wrong, He'd like mad five.
Speaker 1: Puerto Rican. So I saw what they were doing with you know, Fat Joe, Big Pun right, and uh, I was like, I live in Miami. I won't I won't be complete because I'm all being complete, you know what I'm saying. I'm like, I gotta fucking do a goddamn Cuban rappers, you know from Miami, and you know we it's Cubans here, you know. And my great great great grandmama's Cuban and my daddy met my mama in fucking Cuba, you know.
Speaker 3: And one thing we established you every race right now.
Speaker 1: In Japan, I didn't shoot up, maybe, so you said, maybe it was at the club. You see what one and Joe is doing, so you yeah, I saw what they were doing, and I was like, man, I won't be completed if I don't get a Cuban rapper, right, I got to have a Cuban rapper of Miami. You know all my friends and people. Kid, I already been working with Lives and no he wasn't working with Last No, you had been working with list before that. No no, no, no no no no.
Speaker 6: I give you so Last. I love Last Death.
Speaker 1: That's my guy.
Speaker 3: So I sign.
Speaker 1: So I told my n R guys Julian boot in them, and I was like, we gotta find At the time, teacher was working for me. You team.
Speaker 6: It was Jeff.
Speaker 3: Sanchez, who I had an NBA do NBA Entertainment.
Speaker 1: Jeff was working for me, all us and all I gotta find a cue the South Beach office, right, we had the South Beach office. Yeah, well everybody, we got no work done. We got mother come in looking for girls and ship. I give you no glory for less stories. Topic.
Speaker 5: I love this, I love I love my job. So you so you did some research, shopping all day all week. All right, we see you on line. We said give them come on.
Speaker 6: So we ended up.
Speaker 5: See we lose track all the time about people. You said you said you wanted to cube it artists.
Speaker 1: So I wanted a few, and I'm like, yo, I gotta I gotta find a Cuban artist in order to be complete. I didn't. I didn't found the R and B artist in h Town record you know Ship. You know, I want to be a real record label. I don't want to be booty like they said. It's just booty, you know what I'm saying. So I ended up all right finding Pitt. You know, they brought me the tape battle Rapper and Ship, and I'm looking at this dude, just fucking crazy.
Speaker 2: He was like he was like with the chorn rolls and he was battling raids.
Speaker 1: Uh and Opelaca, selling everything you name it, like Pitbull, that guy you see right now, it's a nigga. He fucking Julio Ramon Tho Chico came in there with the braids and Ship. I'm like, okay, this motherfucker here, right, I mean, I mean on on twelve you feel me in this dude here, I'm like, okay, what what the fuck is he doing? Well, you know, something like vibing with him?
Speaker 6: What you're doing? Okay?
Speaker 1: Well, you know he out there in the streets, he hustling righting in Okay, all right, this fuck got too much fucking.
Speaker 6: Kind of now, how do this was my first time trying to.
Speaker 1: Produce a guy that was a battle wrapper to being uh, you know, the battle rapper to just keep going, you know what I'm saying describing no structure.
Speaker 6: It's like a wild animal.
Speaker 1: How do I tame this fucking wild animal to get him in there doing uh songs? But then at the same time, I got to get this dude to let him understand that he got a gift, because he like, Yo, I gotta get money, you know what I'm saying. I got to get this money. You know, I got to my family.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, yo, no, no, no, no, no, you know, you got this gift, you know. And so at that time, everything that I put out was like, okay, everything was gold.
Speaker 3: It was everything was hot, you know.
Speaker 1: So I was going through the whole, the whole fucking bankruptcy and the court hearings and ship.
Speaker 3: So I was kind of distracted with the with the music.
Speaker 1: Uh. And we did a song with him and everything. But then most importantly I took him on tour with me, and I think he yeah, and and that that changed him, you know. Yeah, So when he went on the road with me. It was more like he was in my hip pocket, like learning the business. He wanted to learn the business because I'm like, I got to keep this motherfucker by me, because if I don't have him, if I let him go to the street. So I kept him busy so he can you know, and so he picked up ship. You know, all us street dude, we pick up pick up ship. So he really he picked up everything about the business and then he applied it to himself. So the first record didn't work, and then I was like the lollipop with little saying, and I was like, I'm not I was kind of burnt, burnt out because I had artists who I'm going through the bankrupt see the motherfuckers here talking slick, and I had other artists. You know, it was it became well, I was like, I'm not fucking with this anymore right here. And then that's how you know, he ended up teaching them, ended up working with it with the TVG thing, with my blessing and all that, and so I always like stay in the background, like schooling him about ship. You know, when it came to the business and everything that's to this day, that's like my son. Yeah yeah, no, I love that guy. I love I love that guy.
Speaker 6: I love that question.
Speaker 1: Definitely taking this one. Okay, here we go, Ice spice or lott of oh ship, ice spice, damn with ice spice. Okay you see ice spikey little girl turning around. The ass be shaking. Ice spice is certified. I certifier, never in my life. What does that mean when you certify? What are you certifying? You shaking? The ass is shaking the right way and it's moving, and you know that's that's real. It's all you gotta be a pussyologist three steps out in the go to college just to explain it so that I mean no, ice sp ice spice is is the real one. I never met her before. One damn a meter ship.
Speaker 2: If she come to drinks?
Speaker 1: You coming through over here? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Would you guest hosts?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have to have any I want to sit over there. Oh now, we give you a mic over there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, give me when you still have a mic?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, we give him a mic over there, yeah yeah yeah yeah. And then we're gonna have to have polls with some shakes everywhere.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, all right, it's gonna be a different drink.
Speaker 1: We're going to do. You could have came up with.
Speaker 3: You should say, I spice sexy red.
Speaker 1: No, we got sexy read coming up, you got sex everything. We don't come up with. These guys are there by the way. Look at cross. I know you'll like Dominican, the goddamn Minican. The Colombian comes up with this, the Columbia right there, and the Colombian and Colombian. Hey Columbia.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And the guy across the legs, he's Dominican.
Speaker 1: Here's what's weird. Here's the d R. Here's what's weird. Look at the concho.
Speaker 3: His what's weird? That's my cousin who is port?
Speaker 1: What a weekend? Yeah? But I feel like he goes But I feel like he traded his citizenship for being Colombian.
Speaker 10: So this is why to Columbia, like living traded his citizenship.
Speaker 1: I don't blame you man. Have you went to the peak show to Columbia because that should be a different kind of peep show?
Speaker 3: No? Not no, with's diegle he's being from Columbia.
Speaker 1: Let's let's try to finish quick. Time to finish times the pack jam I mean this is gonna be I know you're gonna answer. Pack Jammer Studio one eighty three.
Speaker 3: Pak Jammer Studio, one of the three move I.
Speaker 1: Was said packed, well, dad, both okay, let's drink. I'm gonna tell you why we need to hear it. I'm gonna tell you why. I see a lot of first artists us through your way.
Speaker 3: Three. There's the deal. So both of them I created.
Speaker 1: Really there's a story some more bad Carol City scene high doing dances.
Speaker 3: So I'm making out his fucking money doing dances.
Speaker 1: Then the next night, Sunday night, I'm going to the Pack jam and so this guy named Zeke comes over to me and say, hey, look, I got this J. C. Penny building. I'm the building manager. What the fuck can you do with this? Can you bring some people in here? So then I got with Zeke and was like, hell, yeah, we can make this out of venue. Put the stage right here, do all this right here, and everything like that. And at the end of the day and not too many people know this story.
Speaker 2: So that was a J. C.
Speaker 1: Penny. It was a J. C. Penny.
Speaker 6: I'm in there with the fucking the ship that Jason Penny left.
Speaker 1: Users and all talking about the real Jenny. Okay, and that is the and and and that is the first time Park performed here is when I brought him to.
Speaker 7: That first time outcast, first time the mob, first time, Yeah, the first.
Speaker 1: Time I see a lot of people there, so quest yeah, so over here, and was like, Yo, what the fuck you can do with this?
Speaker 6: And so I was like, Yo, do this right here, do that right there.
Speaker 1: And then before you know, we started doing parties in there, and obviously the ship got big and and uh and uh they started having other people come in there and everything.
Speaker 6: But we we opened up.
Speaker 1: I came up with the ideal, you know, based on this guy coming saying, hey, look, I need to know what the fuck to do with this building. And that ship was a J. Penny. It was a fucking J. C. Penny that closed down that story. Most people don't know that story. That's the dope best. That's why I say both of those is I came up with both of the ideas. Yeah, obviously pack Jam was our office, Luke Record's office, and yeah, and new cover the t our Cow. But it's it's just both of them got sentimental.
Speaker 6: Value for me.
Speaker 2: Let's see here, this Corecord.
Speaker 3: Just gonna.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. I was not gonna say both of them under no circumstances, under no fucking circumstances. You know, y'all sober, y'all might have started drinking. Were not something I'm ready about.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm not. Uh never rapped me up this old I'm like, what ship Cardi B? Or Eve? Ship? For my ship?
Speaker 3: I've always had a crush on Eve. I just imagine so many nights that I was knocking down.
Speaker 1: She married the white man. I was like, a rich ass motherfucker motherfucker. I was like, I ain't man like I am man man. Oh, I'm a cardib She cool man. She seemed cool. I'm Cardi B all day, Yeah, cool people. Both of them seemed like he got her a vibe and out of this world. I was just like, what the fuck. But the rich motherfucker, he's a rich motherfucker.
Speaker 3: How the fuck did you get in England?
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 1: Man? What are you looking like?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 1: I learned and I have my face.
Speaker 3: You let me not forget the uncle boy fucking monsters.
Speaker 1: I got the.
Speaker 7: Shout out, the shout out, the monster man, show my Homie J in the Building's right, all right, this is gonna be an easy one for you.
Speaker 1: J Landlord too.
Speaker 2: That's right, sugar Hill DJs, Jamponi Express.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine you saying both when you're part of one's right stall Oh, go out, sugar Hill DJs ship, m you can't pick between these.
Speaker 3: Gotta take a shot, Okay, I gotta go.
Speaker 1: Jampoon Express from Tampa, right, Jamponi is from Fort loud of them, Okay, I want to say both. Let's let's shut out to boat Man. They legendary.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because the legendary.
Speaker 1: I've seen a battle with it.
Speaker 7: With Sugarhill DJs and Jamponi Express, and it was the craziest battle I ever seen.
Speaker 1: It had to be crazy. God bless you, Soul, I mean slick big, I mean, I mean, I mean both of the you. You're talking about some deep ship. Yeah, I gotta say both, even though alas a Miami guy, them a Miami guy.
Speaker 3: But you know, I.
Speaker 7: Gotta get Are there any other DJ cruise because those are the ghetto style DJs, sugar Hill DJs and uh Jamponi Express. Are there any more crews that we don't ever talk about?
Speaker 1: International DJ's party down DJs where Rick used to be with. You had uh South Miami DJ's tiny head which was the one I mentioned earlier who brought down Jackel and Hide.
Speaker 6: Uh you name it?
Speaker 3: Uh Ship.
Speaker 1: There was so many DJ crews they were all over the place. I probably missed some people. Uh who is what is voter level with both from the radio station? Yeah, voter level out of DJ group the it's quite a few DJ groups.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But they wasn't all doing the sound system ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, everybody boy Christmas time, Oh ship with all speakers everything up on the park. You had to battle everybody sixty four speakers, Uh, seventy speakers, sixteen speakers up.
Speaker 3: You got your ass blowed out. Get the fuck out of it.
Speaker 2: Do you think that's where base?
Speaker 6: Actually, that's that's that's the reason I created it.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 6: They had a driving base in it.
Speaker 1: You know, even when we did the records like these records, we will cut the lack of the and the you know if you if you know.
Speaker 6: How close to.
Speaker 1: Viny is when it becomes so much hard, driving base would add enhanced the base from what they were having in the studio. So it was it was about having a sound where we're from, right, you know, And it was very little highs but it was all based. People would just sit in the base speakers in the base bends the uh to be able to get the based.
Speaker 3: Then they base en hands. So we couldn't do nothing but based music.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 6: So now this is.
Speaker 1: Another curveball Brownwood or day Day all Day. I mean, how's that curveball? Jesus, he's from day Day can all day?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, made in day that's not you know, we we all got a love affair.
Speaker 3: Now you'd asked me the ship twenty years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a problem, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: But but I'm always gonna be day Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And Miami typically had a north and south. There was always Weston Barrows, Queens, Brooklyn. Here it's north and south beef always. That's always been that way, even with sports. Yeah, the state is a dick, so it's only going north and south. Okay, you don't know where you live. Don't look at the math because they accorded it to a gun the gun start. No, No, no, that's what that's what game we actually I lived in for the last years. He said, he's a dick. Wrider, ridiculous man key West. It depends. Oh damn, I'm not ready to look at the map. It is, it is, and then something else. So yeah, d J chocolate milk.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, we're represent DJ mother fucking college chocolate milk.
Speaker 1: He got a fucking NESTLEI Nestley. Hell yeah, we're represented. I'm getting that.
Speaker 6: Sam, that's another one of my kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you put them on on radio for the first time. Yeah, gems, you know he did make but then you put him on was on the Freak Show first? Really, wait, before you was on the Freak college colleague, don't seem like a freaking nigga though, Wait, how was that Freak show? To be Honestly, what kind of shoe put.
Speaker 3: This ship out?
Speaker 1: Put it? I'm to go, I'm aboudy to go get all these so we can put it in this up.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get a clip. Okay, what college?
Speaker 1: What CALLI was? Call it has always been calid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's been the same person for we're trying to figure out what you.
Speaker 1: Days. He was always same dude. Huh, but call it sold everything typical a rap, Damn, shouts out to my hey, rap bro, justa rap so every fucking thing he been like that.
Speaker 3: He was a hustler. So so so when you met him, way was he selling brick phones?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and his family had stores, but yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: It Kelly old girl was from New Orleans. Kelly Orlando.
Speaker 1: And then he didn't move to Orlando, right, and they wouldn't put him on the radio in Orlando, and so he ended up coming down here and he was doing the Mixed ninety six with Butterfo shout out Butterfu. And then I heard him on the on there and then I was putting this mixed show together because we.
Speaker 3: Had no we never had a mixed Sure, he was way behind and my way behind. So I created this show with Cali because I really thought he was from New York with his.
Speaker 7: Sling and he was down Terrace Squad already, I think, by yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah Mix ninety six.
Speaker 3: He was down, he was down, he was down.
Speaker 1: With he always him in fact, Joe always right. So then uh, and I had a party. I had a Super Bowl party, so Fat Joe and all the guys came to the fucking party, and Catch came and we had the cameras going in. Shipp and Catech comes in with the goddamn uh brick phones trying to sell everybody the fucking brick phone at the party. At the party, I got the footage. It's colding. I got the footage. Hey, while we got pds and and pds and m d's and back rooms screwing women and and the radio guy.
Speaker 3: Oh, I shouldn't have said that. No, no, you can say, but I was in your car and it was we're trying to get records.
Speaker 6: Please, that was your.
Speaker 1: No fucking up people life and ship rolls in there. Y'at shoot that motherfucker right now on the phone. And mushroom man Fat Joe came up. One of the guys in the group. He called a mushroom man. I don't know what the fuck that meant to this day when you'll see.
Speaker 2: There was a promoter named Mushrooms. I don't know the same he.
Speaker 1: Called one of the guys mushroom man. Because it was doing all this stuff. Everybody was doing. The girls was in there being the girls. Okay, okay, I don't know just before everybody. Yeah, you speech is a little bit, but I'll see you the video. You can cut up what you need to, because yeah, it was a it was an episode of the People show You really out of control?
Speaker 2: You've been out of control verb or disclock.
Speaker 1: Verb, but this line, I gotta go with verb. Okay, Verb, one of the best rappers did not like really blow up like that. Verb was on the on scard. He was supposed to be the next guy because what I would do always piggyback artists Scarter Trick Daddy's breakout right, Yes yeah, and Verb was on there with Treat Daddy. Now, mind you keep in mind, I'm going through fucking bankruptcy. I'm mad at everybody. I'm mad at the fucking two Live crew because they sided with this little toe Pine and I'm fucking pissed off. So then I said, I'm gonna do a bigger mix. I'm gonna do sixty four track mix. We ain't gonna be doing the sixteen ship that we were doing with Two Live Crew, and it's gonna be big, massive mix. I'm gonna go find some two new motherfuckers that nobody ever heard of. I did a big old battle or a rap battle at the pack Jam teen Disco, and I'm gonna find me another motherfucking rapper because I do this shit. You know you motherfuckers don't make me. I make motherfucking music, you know. So I was angry, real, real angry. So I find bird Trick Daddy wins a four week battle that at the pack Jam, and then I get him, put him on the record, and I'm like, yo, I'm gonna show these motherfuckers, and then I did Scar.
Speaker 6: Scar. Was really angry.
Speaker 3: It was original, that's the original.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is the original, man.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I when I did that original fighting, Yeah, when I did that song, it was like, you know, and now I got two brand new artists nobody never heard of but never been out, and probably the biggest mix I ever did, because everything was, you know, eight tracks, sixteen tracks at the most. You know, I got all strings coming in, Barry White and all this shit going on. I'm like, I'm gonna show these fucking two live crew and miss the mix and all the rest of them that who the motherfucker is? And then I ended up doing that song and that shit blew up, and you know, Tricked Daddy got a big career behind that.
Speaker 3: Where was the record of that?
Speaker 6: It was recorded at at.
Speaker 1: It was recorded at at Chris Blackwell Studio in South Beach on South Beach at the Hotel, at the Marlin, Marlin at the Marrow.
Speaker 7: Tomorrow Marlin is crazy, miss And why did you put these two records together on a record on vinyl?
Speaker 1: Scart and the Biggie Joint and the big well Scar was on his own and then I did the Biggie.
Speaker 7: Joint because these are together right a side of the B side. Oh no, this is the full is the fully p.
Speaker 1: The Biggie Joint? I did, Yeah, but scart was that was that was was crazy. I'll show you motherfucker's who the motherfucking done is.
Speaker 7: And I feel like it dropped during how can I be down to I don't know if I'm wrong, but it felt like it was a soundtracker one of those comedies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, always would drop a record around a holiday weekend, especially when a lot of day something like that, when people coming down here, you know, didn't take the ship back to where it came from.
Speaker 6: Because we make the breakout.
Speaker 3: Market analog or digital, both both both got shot.
Speaker 6: Got to take another shot.
Speaker 1: I think at the.
Speaker 7: Point your MTV wraps or the box the boxes in South Beach ship.
Speaker 1: The box music television, you control, Yeah, you control, you paid for it, which box Rap McDaniel's box, the box that was in South Beach order actually uh.
Speaker 2: Shouts to Rob McDaniel's.
Speaker 1: But we we we wasn't. We didn't out here, We didn't have that. So no, that's what I'm saying. When y'all talked about it, I'm thinking, I know, respect him, but we didn't have it. Yeah, yea, I said, video mix in the box. And then we had cable TV with with wraps the end and both both both because because it's it's I mean, yeah, we got we.
Speaker 3: Already took a shot.
Speaker 1: We took's take another shot another, damn, just because I mean, you got a whole bunch of cups in and the the bot and she waiting to get her ass again.
Speaker 2: DJ Lads and DJ Keller.
Speaker 3: DJ Lance, I love Kelly to death, both both.
Speaker 1: You picked you both. I gotta say both. I gotta say both both. I love both of them. Boy.
Speaker 7: I was trying to ask you before I thought that you and Last had recorded. He was a part of either production or something early on with you.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, Last, Last was.
Speaker 3: Doing his own thing on radio, on radio, and he did his music.
Speaker 1: And you didn't.
Speaker 2: You didn't put out any of his records.
Speaker 1: Either no, Las was doing this stuff with who was it paying this or somebody? Uh and uh and I put I did the uh the Pitbull music and everything like that. And it's so crazy how they ended up being together because again them.
Speaker 3: Two Cuban rappers. You know, Last was the he was the first Cuban rapper and.
Speaker 2: He was doing base records. Yeah, DJ Last, Yeah, yeah, we need to have him on here too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I did Pitt and uh.
Speaker 1: You know, it took a little time before they kind of linked up together, but eventually they linked up, and I'm so happy that. Then brothers, Yeah, well we kind of well, rolets to take one. I already know what you're gonna say, both, oh da, I didn't know you want to say that?
Speaker 3: Fucking us up? So you like the juke box you, I mean, fucking Rolex is a classic to take.
Speaker 1: Take one's out of control. I had to take.
Speaker 2: It's a little less part of the jukebox around.
Speaker 1: Take James On, take one now, Hall of Famer. You don't take one. That's my guy. You got this know the next one. Hold On, I don't even know where I'm at. You can do it. Hold on, I believe in you where we're at, Take one Rolex and then go down. Oh podcast of radio? Uh huh podcasts or radio podcast? God, damn, I got it.
Speaker 3: I like.
Speaker 7: You do you feel you never got your fair shaking radio because of the records being.
Speaker 6: So I'm underground because of my records.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean the first record I really got put on the radio was Age Time Knocking the Boots. You got so many, so many, so many record labels be like, yo, we can't play no fucking me so on, we can't play through the d no matter how clean I made the record, they wouldn't play it. So then when I did, when I didn said, okay, let me find an R and B group, And then I went and found as Time and they name was the JITs and ship I had to change that ship. Their name was the JITs.
Speaker 2: They were saying that in Texas. That name was then didn't mean the same as Miami, like little kid.
Speaker 6: Like, yeah, and that's Miami.
Speaker 1: I mean I never knew that any other word. Some Southern ship.
Speaker 4: J Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what the ship ship? That's I'm like, bro, I can't go nowhere with no JITs, So so damn uh you you pop it was yeah, yeah, and I ended up ended up, you know, because Great Street was doing the radio and he was shout out the Green Street Street from Yeah, you're doing radio in Houston.
Speaker 6: So that's my dog.
Speaker 1: And all I heard was was uh fucking age town, this tying that he's trying this. And then I was like, Yo, we're gonna name you motherfucker's he town, you know. And that's how the name came about. That was genius. Actually was a terrible name.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 1: It was not I wasn't going nowhere with that ship. And that's why the first song was knocking the boots. You know what knocking the boots? Of course, yes, smashing, smashing, that's some Texas ship.
Speaker 6: So I was like, yo, we gotta have that kind of song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, well that was what they were saying in Texas regularly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was only heard in Miami. I never listened.
Speaker 7: I mean, I thought when I was a kid, because I was a jit when I heard that record, and I thought that they were from Miami too.
Speaker 1: I never knew what the fuck knocking the boost was. Dad explain it to me. They were like, look, look man, you knocked them boots. Man, you knocked them boots down. I'm like, what the fuck is that. It was like, man, that girl right there, you knocked them boots, And I'm like, I get it because boots in Texas, I guess makes more sense.
Speaker 3: And as a New Yorker, we started timerlings.
Speaker 5: Oh come on, man, come on, man, get over there. Don't blame my region. You're just the center me as of Miami. And let me just tell y'all how we throw it in New York. We throw everyone wore tims everywhere.
Speaker 1: Okay, it was a shock to us.
Speaker 3: There was like, wait a minute, they don't wear tims in Miami.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, full the teams, the black ones, Mage ones all the black Ones means you a savage. Like if you wear the.
Speaker 2: Ten with the Eminem boots, you remember the eminems.
Speaker 1: And I don't know, remember no fake nobody come out.
Speaker 3: You want? I know you wore the fake boots.
Speaker 6: Eminem.
Speaker 3: You remember, no, you said Marshall mathis not Marshall Math.
Speaker 1: No, No, no, US one flee Market sold them for sure name No, no flea market boots. There was like Timberland knockoffs.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, yeah, yeah, yeah, y'all was wild out here.
Speaker 1: Yeah you go to the next one, Kodak Black or boss Man d Lo, kod Aint Black Gun, Player of Iceberg, Damn.
Speaker 3: Booth, Okay ship, Oh Ship.
Speaker 2: On my shot, Slipping Slide or Poor Boy Records.
Speaker 1: Boof Damn. Look you're making this drink. Fuck you got y'all got these hard ship. Let me let me ask you this though, motherfuckers under the bus. What was your relationship with Ted Lucas and and how did you feel when Trick went to Slipping Slide? Like, how was the relationship? I had no relationship with them at the time, So I was the story behind that. I was in bankruptcy, So you're going through some ship. I was going through some ship right in the bankruptcy score. So I technically when I put Trick out, I was gonna sign him. But my lawyer said, if you sign him, then you would be a property of the estate you tie him up, which he would be in the bankrupts. Yeah, you tie him up, right, So I didn't sign him. So we did the song while I was in bankruptcy. Did the whole album for Island Records? Uh with all that? So I told Island Records, Yeah, it was before depth Jair. It was just Island music. Yeah. So it was him Hicks was the was running Island records. Uh, And I was like, I can't sign you. And so one day he called me up and said I did a single deal with this record company. And I was like, to shoot me the contract, let me look at it. And then it said he had signed. I was like, that's not a single deal. You signed a full fledged contract, you know. And I was like, you know, best of luck to you. I can't really talk to you about it because it'll be tortures and inference of a contract. Oh damn.
Speaker 3: And so uh we say we say the best of friends even to this day right now.
Speaker 7: Now he has the most respect for you, just like I said, like you got the everybody that you touched, I think they all feel so much respect for you and.
Speaker 3: Show you love on this show particularly.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's that's my guy. I mean that mother for again him likee pit. You know, I took him on my side. He actually lived with me, you know what I'm saying. You know trick, yeah, trick cooking all the food and ship. So he lived with me when he got out of jails and cooking, cooking. Yeah, hell yeah, that motherfucker was that motherfucker was cooking back then. I was like, what you cracking cooking? No, he wants telling he might know. No, he came, he came out of jail. When he got out of jail, he was he was staying with me, which he was, he was doing uh he he was doing good? Then good. The next one crazy as full uh ball greasier Billy blue both God, man, she got these shots and the drink and I ain't no food out of my base. Ain't right the hash chef teach.
Speaker 2: Man would have had something for you got pizza, Stace next.
Speaker 1: Door got it?
Speaker 3: Okay, got all right?
Speaker 2: Sexy reader or Glorrilla, y'all do that to me?
Speaker 1: Sectary read?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Jlo or Shakira?
Speaker 3: Damn?
Speaker 1: I mean times Jaylo was married. They gotta smile on her face. Jaylo is Shakiro. I don't know that.
Speaker 6: I would say both no, no, no, Jaylo.
Speaker 1: Jaylo got a nice ass at least at least jail over sucking the brothers.
Speaker 3: I don't know if Shakira gave no brother no ass.
Speaker 1: Oh you just sucked it up. Who Shakira? Boy? You got good? What is that Jimmy Butler. She was sucking with Jimmy Butler. Is he black?
Speaker 6: Jimmy Butler black?
Speaker 2: All right, so you said, Jaylo it was a room over Jimmy Butler.
Speaker 1: A right. We don't care about her day left man, So he that don't count you fucking Jimmy Butler.
Speaker 3: Don't count Jaylou Puff Daddy.
Speaker 1: Count Jimmy. But she was one of the Wayne brother So she was one of one of Wayne. Yeah, man, Jaylo fucking was a dancer. Wessey snaps. She was a Wessey slips.
Speaker 11: Jay Loo certified man stamp on that that's been not least that you got. No, just to question this question, we're not doing it.
Speaker 3: I thought, yeah, I got one the grandma.
Speaker 6: I can't even find it.
Speaker 2: I'll tell I'll tell you ready. Loyalty or respect?
Speaker 1: Both? We always think it should be both. We always I don't understand why people pick one or the other. Both.
Speaker 3: You gotta you canna have both, kinda have loyalty and respect.
Speaker 1: Please before you go to before taking picture.
Speaker 6: You're on the winning ship.
Speaker 1: Time, No, I got I know it's all I'm going with it. Perfect time you want I g live, man, anybody in the World on I J live with you, and you said, man, these one of the fuckers, owe me a check. And then you start naming names and I'm gonna get I'm gonna it's my personal story.
Speaker 3: Oh shit, it's before you made it.
Speaker 1: I'm in Saint Thomas and I'm listening to these artists that you particularly name, and I was just like, I'm listening to them, it's just with the algorithms was playing. I'm in the pool maybe twelve thirty at nine, and I'm like, they just wow, and what they're saying.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what is going on here? Then I see, yeah, I gli and I know what you're saying. But then I go, did I listen to And I was like, oh shit, I couldn't.
Speaker 1: I was so like blown away on how much you were accurate on what your statement was delivering.
Speaker 3: I was like, it was the same. And by the way, it was white people who walked away and walked around, and was like, they're the same shit that I did.
Speaker 1: And I was like, holy shit, but you had did it so many years before, so in my opinion, now this is my opinion, I thought you was playing with the girls, just telling them like yo, you know, you know, y'all all owe me or whatever, but I need to ask you, face to face, man the man for all the masters, what did you mean by that act post when you said that about you know, all the women who was actually taking your formula. Some know it, but some probably don't. E right right right?
Speaker 3: So what is your stance to describe that very moment? It was? It was not like Okay, I need a check, I need some money.
Speaker 1: It was more of it was more of a form of you guys need to understand where this ship came from and who paid his way? You know what I'm saying, because I was called everything but the Charlotte Guard from women, whether it was se Delauri's Tucker or everybody, old misogynistic pig. You this you that you're going to court. You know, can't really do major tours because of the music and the dancing and all this stuff that was going on. And then I'm looking at it and I see a lot of artists, uh not not a new artist, not paying respect to older artists who really paved the way. And I'm like, okay, you know on to this turk and shit, do y'all really know the history behind this? You feel me, and so let me just say this on here, on this platform, so I can give y'all a little history lesson of where the fuck y'all came from and where all this started, because you drop it in like it's hot. Like if you go and pull up any one of my videos, you'll see that the same dancing thirty years ago, forty years ago, you know what I'm saying. So basically saying, y'all need to pay respect to it. Like I've had conversations with Sexy Red, you know, spoke to us.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I spoke the Sexy.
Speaker 1: Red and and uh and I Spice hit me up. I was supposed to link up with them, have a conversation. You know, it's more of you know, hey, look y'all, I love I love what they're doing. You know, even when I got the Deal Award, when they honored me here in Miami, and I saw fucking Cardi B sitting there, she going through the same bullshit saying she ain't hip hop, she ain't this because of the music she's doing and the vibe that she was on. You know, that's why I kind of gave her respect at that moment. You know, keep doing you know, like giving uh, you know, words of encouragements. The same thing with these these young ladies. You know, you're doing this music, You're getting criticized from one part of it. People love what you're doing. But at the end of the day, know where this shit came from and who paid away. You know, it's all about history with me. You know, I respect the fuck out of Quincy Jones, you know what I'm saying people like that. You know, I know these you know, I know Sugarhell Records and all these people who who've kind of paved the way for us to do what we're doing. And I just wanted to say that to the lady.
Speaker 7: But don't you think it's probably less there and more the culture's fault that doesn't want to teach history, doesn't want to keep passing down the history of the culture.
Speaker 1: It's not really the culture. It's more of the Stephen Hills and people them like the Mother, the media that controls certain things, who.
Speaker 6: Control media, and whoever told our story.
Speaker 1: You know, the Source magazine was pretty much one of the only people to tell and the accurate they're pretty accurate, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Five by Freddy.
Speaker 1: I had to tell him I'm not going to New York to do no, goddamn your TV raps. No, you're gonna come down here, he would, And they came down here was the first time to show ever travel just like they went to Compton, just like that. Then they started traveling places them like, look, went to Miami first.
Speaker 6: They went to Miami first.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that there was first here. Yeah, no, we were first.
Speaker 1: And so those embracing the culture and understanding what we're all about, you know, was very is very very It was very important to me even then and at the time. And so it's again, you know, I love what the what these girls are doing because I laugh at it. I think it's fucking brilliant.
Speaker 3: Because it's like your style has lasted.
Speaker 1: All all this time. Look at Ja is shaking, y'all ass. They thought you was when they thought you was degrading women. The women took it over. That women took out. That's some fucking brilliant ship that these women. I mean, the women were coming after me. I was the worst motherfucker in the world. And the women have taken over it. And they whooping the men ass right now.
Speaker 6: Damn.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean, you like it don't like it up here in between all yeah, between the woman is fucking kicking ass and yeah, I'm telling women in hip hop and they're winning man. And like even when Sexy Red we did the award show the BT Music War, okay, and my homeboy owns on the label. Uh shout ouside to my man stand damn big up. My man Stan was.
Speaker 6: Trying to get her on the red copet.
Speaker 3: Nobody try to get on the red carpetution the original which one.
Speaker 1: Of the war the year before when I went there when they.
Speaker 3: Did that fifty okay, okay, fifty yeah, yeah, they were trying to get on it.
Speaker 6: They were trying to get on the red copet.
Speaker 1: I couldn't get on the red card and because of her music and what she was representing, they wouldn't let on the red copy. So staying my dog, you feel me? You know that's his artist. I'm like, fuck that ship. Get in the car with me.
Speaker 3: You sex on the red car with you. Get in the car with me.
Speaker 1: Fuck that ship.
Speaker 6: You're going on there. You don't know, I ain't going.
Speaker 1: This is my dog right here.
Speaker 6: I fuck with him.
Speaker 1: You feel me?
Speaker 3: Did she make car?
Speaker 1: And so she she's sitting in the in the in the in the truck.
Speaker 3: I never did this ship in my life.
Speaker 6: I don't know what this is.
Speaker 1: I'm nervous as it was, like, look, you're gonna see an ex on the floor, this is where you're staying at. Don't fucking hold my hand whatever you do, I cannot be dating Sexy rede you Red, you come on it. And so eventually they were like, uh, bro, you know, like, she can't come on the red coppet. No, no, no, she with me at the BT War at the BT War. So Sexy Red ended up going on the fucking red copet. If you see the first picture, you'll see me and her in the first picture, and then you know, on the with the first stop, and then we moved in. I said, okay, well you with this other girl, y'all just go and you know, kind of coached up on the red carpet and I took off. Well then I saw, y'all, we just tell you how gangster that story is. To lease to this story, we've seen Sexy Red on the Red carpet last year, and you know what she did on the red She made it rain everywhere she walked through it. I was abbouted to be like, hey, sixty Red and I was like, she started making it, started making it rain.
Speaker 6: Everybody was like, nah, I.
Speaker 3: Got that because you don't want to be the nigga in there.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be.
Speaker 6: Made rain on you and ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna take it. We're gonna take a small piston breaking. If you were like, yeah, oh my god, I'm so happy.
Speaker 3: I'm so happy.
Speaker 1: This is everything I thought it would be, and more.
Speaker 3: So, this is this is another something that I was very interesting to me.
Speaker 1: See you say, right, you living through the Biggie Pop Tupac thing and then you seeing an incident with Ross in Canada. Now, these individu yous might have, I don't know, been just random individuals, but you spoke on it. He was like, yo, Drake, now you kind of like kind of like gotta gotta ride with that because he posted it.
Speaker 3: What was the reason why you said that? He liked it?
Speaker 1: He liked Yeah, he liked it. He liked the picture. Why did Why did you comment? What made you want to speak on that? What the thing is? You know, I'm you know, I'm all about peace in hip hop? Uh number one? Then in Miami, first you feel me, and so, uh, that incident that happened, you know, I you know it was it was. It was fucked up what happened, you know what I'm saying, because it's obvious that ross them didn't go there.
Speaker 3: Looking for that, you know, you or they want to went there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they would have went there, or they would have went there a little more deeper than than what they went there, you feel me. And so at the end of the day, I'm looking at my dog Sam Steve, you know, in the fight, and then I'm looking at this other kid who was brought out there with him from you know, one of the guys who used to roll with him brother who passed. You know, these young guys out there going through this and this shit happening. So it got a little bit deeper, you know, and I'm like, Okay, that ship is fucked up. You know how it went down, It was fucked up. But then when Drake liked it, it became you condoning this shit. So that mean you on that and people saying, oh, this is your crew and know that you fock these dudes and everything like that.
Speaker 6: I'm like, Yo, that's that's fucked up.
Speaker 1: Mind you you keep rolling down to Miami thinking it's sweet like that, you feel me with you know, hey, look you ross you know you live in Atlanta. They live all over the place, but you you know, there's some Miami shit. And then you got the same time, you got fifty commenting uh. And so it's a lot of I just took it from the standpoint a lot of motherfuckers is like really thinking we're sweet down here.
Speaker 6: They ain't really sweet like.
Speaker 1: That, you know. It's you know, we don't play like that, you know. And so again maybe because a lot of dudes have moved down here and you don't hanging out doing anything, which is okay, which is fine, but then at the end of the day, you know, we ain't on no sucker shit. And so I feel like, you know, okay, all right, you know y'all need y'all need to squash that because again, now you know, I speak for two different worlds around here.
Speaker 6: You know, it's you know a lot of people like yo.
Speaker 1: You know that you know, nobody never want nothing bad to happen to nobody. But at the same time, you know, you know, and that's why I'm always the peace maker.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, let's it ain't like that. Let's let me deal with it, you know.
Speaker 1: And things like that, and so at the end of the day, I just felt like I needed to say something, uh, you know, more so than anything, because people are taking for a joke, you know, and when you mentioned Miami and three or five gangsters and ship like that and and all that, No, no, we.
Speaker 6: Ain't doing that.
Speaker 1: You know. You can have all your jokes and all that all you want, but don't don't don't don't play with don't play with us like that. And so do you think that.
Speaker 3: That derived from you?
Speaker 1: You're not forgiving him for when he's kind of like it felt like Drake took a shot that you tell Uncle Luke Wei in Miami too.
Speaker 3: Well, I looked at even even with that, right, I didn't. I had to.
Speaker 1: I had to put in my mind that that's you know, that was okay, you just saying you out here. Some people say it was a slight disc and then and you take it. And originally I was like, oh, buddy being slick, right, not the nigga just got broke on broke by puff daddy. Really you feel me? And so I'm like, but then I channeled it again I'm on some piece ship right now. I challeled, Okay, all right, you just saying telling Mama in Miami, because what.
Speaker 6: Really happened was it was with them dudes moving down here.
Speaker 1: And me saying that if y'all gonna live here, you got to embrace the culture. You gotta do something in the fucking community. You know what I'm saying. It wasn't nothing hard on them, like y'all got all these motherfuckers. You got to be a part of it, you know, just you know, go to the park and say hello to the kids and read the fucking book public exactly, you know. And so and so. I guess I don't know. He probably felt defended that I didn't mention his name, but you know, I don't know. But I didn't take it as a as a disc because off I took it as a this, then i'd have had a conversation with him, you know.
Speaker 6: But I ain't.
Speaker 1: I ain't, you know. I was like, don't take this as a this. Little one little man say, man, niggas tried you just.
Speaker 6: Now, and then the other little ones say, hey, ain't no man, no.
Speaker 1: But he just you know, he's just trying to you know, do some comedy ship, you know, and all that, and so I ain't I the little the other the good guy, you know, cooler back guy.
Speaker 3: All put it that way. I can say it like that, but I didn't, you know.
Speaker 1: But people would, oh, tell Uncle lucat Miami, and so it became like a thing, you know, people doing Instagram picks. Tell uncle Luke, I'm out of Miami too. Girls and ship tell her Luke, I'm out of Miami too. I'm like, damn, you find as fun. Yeah, it turned into a positive thing because if I have if I have probably you know, had some words with somebody did, it wouldn't have never been a positive. So it turned into a positive, you know, which everybody come down your talent. I love Nami too. Okay, good, thank you Drake. But yeah, good job. So the famous moment, Uh, you're talking about the super Bowl? What what do you actually think about what happened in the super Bowl? Do you think especially the greatest thing about this is your past with cash money and little Wayne. But traditionally you said it, most people that's from that town when the super Bowl happens, it's not that talent.
Speaker 3: So do you feel like.
Speaker 1: Wayne was snubbed or do you feel like you know this is this is this is this man job and and most of the time they picked the talent before they picked the city. Sometimes they put the talent based on sometimes sometimes I'm not saying all the time, and sometimes it does aligne. So this is me sitting back and shutting up. I would like to hear nothing. You're a football expert and this part I am not an expert at So.
Speaker 3: You have an expert no, no, no, not in football.
Speaker 1: This sporting okay, okay, entertainment okay, this is entertainment part of the football.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 1: So you commented it. So where was you at and how did you feel when you heard that? And I was I just wanted to And that's your response. It brought up fucked up memories of when the simple happened in Miami because I said something. Then okay, you know, and you know I said something. I called Jay out for it, j Lo jay Z it was a part of the Miami and I think that's when he That's when he eventually that's when he eventually took from my understanding, he took over the entertainment part of it and booking the artists and everything, and me and him had a conversation. You know, I loved I love him to depth, you know, that's that's my fucking guy. So we had a we had a conversation behind him and your show. It's cool. Yeah, yeah, So it ended up, uh, and I expressed my feelings toward that. You know, these two girls ain't from Miami, you know what I'm saying. We you know, And he told me his part of it, you know why he thought they you know, I'm like, look, look, Miami is you know, I explained to him, there's a this is a melting pot, you know. And I know y'all doing something globally, but we got some global artists too. You know, pit Bull is global, flow Rider it is global. Rick Ross is global, you feel me. And so you know, uh, those artists should be and it ain't nothing about me, those artists. Somebody should be consulted with somebody around here before doing that, because I only found out when I saw the fucking commercial, you know what I'm saying. You know, So we had that Okay, well we'll work somebody with this. And so that situation where Wayne kind of brought that back up in me. But then moving forward after the Miami ship, then they did it right in LA they did it right right, you know, they did that ship right. Okay, shit in Miami, not the Miami.
Speaker 6: Because you know, I was fucking hot even before Miami.
Speaker 1: The dudes in Atlanta felt some kind of way, But I don't think the people were involved Room five in Atlanta exactly. You feel me, Yeah, had had problems at first. So then yeah, if you want to do that, I didn't beat that.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: Exactly if you want to do if you want to do fucking Maroon five and all that ship, book the goddamn game in Buffalo and Kansas City and Denver in Minnesota, you have all that do uh? You want country Western, book the game and fucking uh and and goddamn Nashville. Great. It's like I wouldn't if somebody was called, if somebody was to say, a hip hop artist doing a fucking Super Bowl halftime in Nashville, I would be the first one to say that's funked up, because Nashville is the home of country Western goddamn uh. New Orleans is the home of blues and the home of cash money and master p. So it's only fucking right that you do that, you know, so whoever involved, so that's you know, it's like, look, man, let's do this ship right. You know. I love Kendrick Lamar. I love what the fuck you do? I never met him in my life. I love his music.
Speaker 3: You know, black and New Orleans is a black motherfucker. I understand that he's black, He's he's everything.
Speaker 6: How this fucking song, you know?
Speaker 1: And I don't look at it like a disc to Lil Wayne, I look at it as a snub of all of New Orleans music. I look at it as stuff cash money and no limit. That's and and everything that New Orleans music is all about.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I think they could have did a beautiful halftime show with that encompass all of all that we performed. And she was nowhere there from that city who we I forget what super Bowl was, Yeah, San Diego. So for those are places you could do.
Speaker 6: No, No, they won't.
Speaker 1: No super Bowl in San Diego. I ain't got no football team. We could drink a million drinks get a team in San Diego.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: But but to Jays, he commented on this, he comes a long time ago.
Speaker 7: He said that we couldn't say, he couldn't stick consistently to picking the artists from the specific city because that would hold him to something we couldn't do consistently because not every city would happen.
Speaker 1: You can have anybody in Arizona, but no disrespect to the music community in Arizona. But you know, when you look at thirty two teams and thirty two cities, right, you got some country Western cities, you got some black ass cities. You can't really build.
Speaker 6: The entertainment around that.
Speaker 1: You go to Tampa, uh, you know, you know, I love some of the Tampa artists, but it's on a global We're talking global, global artists. If you got global artists in that moment, watch television exactly Yeah, around the world, people don't even watch television, no more so exactly. So again, if I'm gonna do the halftime in Tampa, I got anybody. If I'm do the halftime in Minnesota, I anybody. If I'm doing Nashville, I got these are these are NFL NFL cities, you feel me. But then now, when you go into Atlanta, Miami, New.
Speaker 2: York, culturally, historically these cities have.
Speaker 1: You go the fucking Buffalo and just whoever the you want to put on that, you know what I'm saying. So I understand the argument that we can't tie to that. Yes you can, because Buffalo getting ready to build a brand new stadium. You need to have a super Bowl there. You had a co ass super Bowl in Jersey.
Speaker 3: So you take Benning the Butcher and Griselda Blanco on.
Speaker 1: That's something you I mean, I was Griselda the regular.
Speaker 2: Those it's a group. It's an artist from from from.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the artist from from from Buffalo, the adult hip hop.
Speaker 3: Artist Global Niggas. Yeah, yeah, No, that's that's the point.
Speaker 1: So the point is global and Lil Wayne is global, and absolutely Wayne is global. But it would be Lil Wayne. Let me tell you the moment. I would if it was me little Cash Money Lil Wayne, and then we bring in Kendrick Lamar, right, I know, I know, I know he's on the label with Dre and all that, But then that would be bring peace.
Speaker 6: To this situation.
Speaker 3: That's what I think people are thinking and think about it though.
Speaker 7: Actually bringing Cash Money and No Limit together is like bringing peace to the city because they had issues before and in a bigger situation, of course, they had issues.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about cash money, no limit. I'm saying bringing those money and cruise together from their own city would be wild. That would be the city would go crazy. That that'd be both You get the same vibe that you got with the l A.
Speaker 3: And they got.
Speaker 1: They both got hit records. Kendricks still do that, bring still bele form and bring cash money and no limit. I think I think I think it Kendrick go right in the middle of that, mother. I think I think Kendrick got something up and sleep. To be honest with you, that's gonna make make something hope of this. I hope, I think so. I hope so yeah got me hype right now because Kendrick, both of your opinions, I did not think of what no, Like, how y'all just broke that down, Like I swear to God, I just thought that the NFL commissioner just say give us the hottest artist. And how y'all just broke that down like both of y'all had two different definis. Well, if that was to happen, but then let's just be honest. Can't Kendrick really bring out Lil Wayne at this moment?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think I'm asking it's not impossible.
Speaker 1: It's not impossible.
Speaker 11: I don't.
Speaker 1: It's not impossible because the thing is, again, everybody have would sit down a conversation. Maybe it's a little rough because Lil Wayne and feels like, you know, okay man, you know I'm some side bitch or something like that and don't want to do it.
Speaker 3: But then because y'all should, it should have been.
Speaker 1: Really the other way around me, uh bringing him out. And then now you you know, it ain't gonna be it ain't gonna be a New Orleans thing.
Speaker 3: It'll be more of a feature. You know you're coming in on, so it'll be.
Speaker 1: Ship. I've seen a lot of things happen, but.
Speaker 6: For me, if it was me and it was you know, that would be.
Speaker 1: Hard for me to go do it. And let's be honest, we don't know until it happens. You don't know it because they might do something that we don't expect that. Yeah, maybe this is all and got us all talking about and we're all like, get.
Speaker 3: Set up for Kendrick and Drake to squorsched they beef on stage.
Speaker 1: I doubt that. Yeah, that's wish for thinking it would be amazing rumor right now, that would be amazing. That would be amazing. But that's what and that'll bring you know, could you get drake and squashed and a beef for the sea in the world, Like I'm playing everybody and born and like, what the fuck is that? That's true? That's the thing. We're talking about local ship in a sentence, and this is a global, global.
Speaker 2: People outside ship.
Speaker 1: What they talking about? What's their issues? You know what's the craziest ship hip hop? From y'all beef uh to whatever these people beef is. I believe this is what I believe the biggest hip hop beef was there to beef just now because no matter where I went, everyone.
Speaker 7: Asks because of the Internet, because of the because of the Internet, because and they did. They actually executed everything on the Internet on social media like it was all done live. We could all just watch Twitter, watch my Instagram, and they dropping the disc records in real time by the minute they was executing and four let's go.
Speaker 6: Mother put out a million records.
Speaker 1: I remember that night when she was going out. I was there, my wife and my kids. I'm going to my office. I'm not I'm coming out. So it's just done.
Speaker 3: It makes a noise for how big a house is.
Speaker 1: So I know it's a cliche question, but I need to ask you, do you ever think that hip hop would make it this far? I always knew it what you knew it was? Yeah, I always knew what. Okay, Now, let me ask you another question, real fat you ever thought your style of hip hop will make it this far? Because it's crazy. One of the things that you said in the blog, it's like, yo, I can tell you it was playing like you like you know what I mean, Like you.
Speaker 3: Messed with the girls. I can tell I know that, I know that. But for everything you got continued with and yo, I swear to god, I listened to the the other day. I almost counted how many words was clean.
Speaker 1: It was like fifty two words the whole day. Like no, I'm talking about one record, like one record like it was like.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 2: And the words that were clean, the phrases were outrageous.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'm like goo.
Speaker 3: Oh, created like you actually have a whole genre of music.
Speaker 1: That really does hold you. I know you was playing around, but did you think I just asked you ever thought that hip hop would make it there? For you ever thought your version of hip hop that you created with your own mind, your crew would I don't even make it, but it's the forefront years later, you know.
Speaker 3: I never thought that in a million years. I always when I when I.
Speaker 1: Took the Business series, I always wanted to be like the Old Jays as an artist, I wanted to be like Frankie Beverly gob That's so because them dudes performed. I know, in order to stay in the test of time as an artist, you got to be a great performer, you know. And so when I do shows, I perform, you know what I'm saying, you know, And that's that's why I love Dougie Fresh and and people like that. They put on fucking shows, you know, And so doing the music, I know, sex sells, right, they would. It would allow me to be able to go down go down the highway with no traffic, because ain't nobody it's my own lane. Even doing these album covers and ship you know, putting them in a sorry yeah they got.
Speaker 3: Fucking married, guys, I'm the only one that's not married.
Speaker 1: No more. Oh you're not married. You said, no, no, no, no more.
Speaker 7: That's why we That's why he was different back then. He was married back then when he was on drink chance earlier.
Speaker 1: No, I was running for office and some ship married married a politician.
Speaker 3: Now no, no, no, but but but yeah, it's see we trail off.
Speaker 2: But it let me ask you, is there any regrets to anything you've done?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 7: Like you as the because to be honest, you're a family man. You got kids, maybe grandkids.
Speaker 1: Do you have grandkids?
Speaker 6: One grandson?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 7: Is there anything that you feel like I regret because of that it reflected on the family in any kind of negative way?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, Like, how do you how do you separate? How do you separate uncle from family?
Speaker 1: Luke? Because I know it's two people.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 3: I'm an entertainer, right, My job is entertaining.
Speaker 6: My job is to do music.
Speaker 1: My job, you know, I'm like fucking Arnold swartze get in the movie I'm shooting up the place, you know? And are you shooting up in a way? I wasn't shooting up club with the girls.
Speaker 6: So I got.
Speaker 1: And then it's Luther Campbell, who my mom raising all that. And he's the businessman, he's the record executive. The guy who got has to be creative, uh and be the father, you know, because my kids right now. I mean, my my son fifteen years old. They I've never had a kid ask me about music one of my sols. They never seen the Peep Show or I don't know what the fuck they saw, but they never came and asked me about it. So you keep it separate, Oh, totally keep itself. But now I know this internet ship in these phones, you can't. That's my man and ship.
Speaker 6: You know, they know that. But they I've never.
Speaker 1: Had a kid come to me and say, hey, dad, so what the fun was.
Speaker 6: Thinking about what?
Speaker 2: You never had that conversation?
Speaker 1: Would you never had that?
Speaker 2: So the birth and beats didn't include saying, hey when jay Z and this was.
Speaker 1: Happening behind that work, never had that. I mean, you know, I'm a I'm a you know, I'm an old school dad.
Speaker 6: You feel me.
Speaker 1: I'm like, okay, we're doing this. This is clean your fucking bed, and do this bring me some good grades. I'm gonna throw that PlayStation in that goddamn lake in the back.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: They they know I'm like, you know, so there we will have I guess they be like, I'm the fucking I'm going up in there talking no ship about no music.
Speaker 2: But this dude there and they respect you enough to not even question it.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, right, yeah, I don't even know if they even know anything.
Speaker 1: About it, but you know what I mean, they obviously know. You know, Yeah, my son goes up the bat and they be singing the songs and ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah they know, they know, but obviously that must.
Speaker 3: Be the play that way.
Speaker 1: That's just great, son. But obviously they have so much respect for you that they're not gonna come with you the way that.
Speaker 2: You made the household and I gonna come with you that bullshit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, because you do what you do exactly.
Speaker 1: I'm like really old school when it comes to that, you know, And I don't put them around ship. I don't talk certain ship around them. The vibes is you know my house, You come to my house.
Speaker 6: You what you're thinking? Some some some poles and ship going. I mean that's what I think.
Speaker 1: They came out going on. You'll be like, what the fuck? Most people coming there, like this is your house? Yeah, you know, so there's no houshi mamas.
Speaker 3: No, No, do you realize that how how popular that word is?
Speaker 1: Who you know where I got it from?
Speaker 3: No, we do not.
Speaker 6: We need to know okay here, so.
Speaker 1: Ice you send me? It was ice Cube send me. He's like, yo, I need you to do a song for for the Place club.
Speaker 3: This is when you beefing with death Row.
Speaker 6: No, that was the way beef.
Speaker 1: It wasn't being He was like, yo, I got this this movie. No Ice had nothing to do with talk to because whochi mamas just so crazy. Okay, wait a minute. So it wasn't no vandictive ship.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like no it was he had it death Brow. Remember Ice c was out of this.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking ice Cube was being vindictive. Oh let me get, let me, let me get because Uncle Luke is beefing with death Row.
Speaker 3: So that had nothing doing on I went was never beefing with death he was being with ruthless. Oh I'm bugging yes.
Speaker 1: So he ended up saying he look, man, I need you to do a song, and ain't send me the clip of where he wanted to place the song in the movie. And the girl was and the girl was on there saying oh you who chi mama. Know the dude was calling the girl and who Chi mama and all that, and I was like, oh that is right there, Hoochie mama, and then so who Chi Mama came from l A again. Yeah, it came from the clip it came from. It was man l Miami Yo exactly what it was say that clip that they were calling the girl and who Chi Mama? And I took that and then I made the song Hoochie Mama. And then the crazy part about it. Two Life crew had that went crazy again, and then they came back, Oh, we wanted to do music again together and you know after and then I was like, Okay, if y'all really want to do some ship, we'll do something together. And so I took this song, I think saying that, Okay, we'll do this song. It's gonna be in this big movie. Uh, we'll do this on the other then we'll put an album out afterwards. So we did the song. Boom song came out. The motherfuckers went crazy again. It's like, okay, all right, I get y'all gas again. They went crazy, and I never I never did anything else with them after that point.
Speaker 2: What was the specific thing with Little Joe? What happened there Little Joe?
Speaker 1: Little Joe used to work for me as an entertainment How did he get ownership of stuff in my opinion.
Speaker 6: He conspired with with Richard Wolf.
Speaker 1: It's my opinion he had conspired with him when we went to college with another lawyer and they then orchestrated bull Ship to uh to steal those masters. You know, he hired a lawyer.
Speaker 2: Like physically steal the masters.
Speaker 1: Well not physically legally, legally and so you know, he hired this lawyer named Manzini. Manzini then ended up getting disbarred because he was the worst lawyer ever in my opinion and in the.
Speaker 6: Court's opinion.
Speaker 1: And uh and so and then he worked on the two Live Crew and got them, you know, uh, the side with him. They had not they were getting ready to re up with me, and so their contract was over. They never resigned with me. They were supposed to resign with me doing that Hu Chibama record and U two Live Crew, and then they went sided with this guy.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then I had all these lawsuits going on, uh with this EMC shot d which they were saying, oh, he sold all these records, and then mind you I had Uh.
Speaker 6: Then I ended up in the involuntary bankruptcy.
Speaker 1: Love Joe went to different creditors because if you don't know, you can have three creditors say that that you didn't pay him, and you can go and fire. They can put you into an involuntary bankruptcy. All you got to take us If one motherfucker say your light bill, you ain't gonna pay another motherfucker say the mott man and uh the cigarette man. So that I ended up into that. He orchestrated that the court found them, uh guilty for that, for doing that, for doing that, we actually went to court because again it's like, yeah, the dude the file, and so you know, I had all these other all these other cases going with all this other sample ship, and so I was like, okay, how do you spell relief? You know, fucking chapter eleven? And so eventually I ended up going chapter eleven, uh, and then buying my way out of it. But then how in it they then kind of got uh the ownership of the name. I gave it the fresh kid Ice.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I always say, yeah, I always said.
Speaker 1: I always said majority rule in the group because I again, you know, I license everything, and I'm like, yo, y'all want to move that direction, y'all good luck, you know what I'm saying. And so they got the name and eventually, when they got the name, they lost their name to him because fresh Kid Ice had to file bankruptcy. Whatever happened. He wasn't getting paid and he ended up filing bankruptcy. Then Joe ended up getting control of the name.
Speaker 5: And then.
Speaker 1: Brother Marquise, God bless his soul, he ended up filing bankruptcy because obviously they were on that label and they weren't getting paid for their understanding and they had to eventually file bankruptcy in that case. And right now the most interesting part of it all is how me and Marquise came back together and Chris came back together is through their families.
Speaker 3: Because where right now going to court to take the.
Speaker 1: Masters back from Joe from Little Joe because thirty five years of copyright, Yeah, it's supposed to revert. So we got to hear in uh actually in October, uh here in in federal court to get the get the Masters back.
Speaker 3: And is you know, Marquise was living, We know all what's going on. He sided with us.
Speaker 1: Mister Mix is over there with them, Fred, Yeah, Rich Kid Ice family is here because uh, mister Mix is running around.
Speaker 6: As the two Live crew.
Speaker 1: They book him. So you see a show two Live Crew you think of two Live Crew is coming. No, it's him only and probably some of his other friends on stage singing the songs.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So that's what you get. Like, I get a lot of people asking me, like, yo, you're performing in No, you know what I'm saying. So, Uh, he allows him to use the name because he owns the name. Yeah, he allows some to users them. But whatever deal they got, I don't know. But at the end of the day, we'll be in federal court down the street up so hopefully, uh, you know, God willing we get this catalog back. And then the beautiful part about it, because you know, Mark then died, God bless us olds that, you know, getting that catalog back, those their families can be able to, you know, feel they be able to could take care of their family if they decide to sell it or if they decide to let it mature.
Speaker 6: And do whatever they want to do.
Speaker 1: Because I mean, there were a couple of times in the in the uh they try to settle in the court proceedings. I was like, nah, fuck that, you know what I'm saying. I was like, look, whatever he offering, y'all, I'll give you that, you know, and and to the family, to Chris family, and and and Mark when he was living and I was like, look, I'll give you double. You know, we're gonna see this ship to the bus out because that music don't belong to him, It belongs to to us.
Speaker 6: We made it.
Speaker 1: I mean we fucking was living in in apartments doing music. You know what I'm saying. This fucking guy. Uh, in my opinion, you know, got away with murder. Right, Let's tell what is.
Speaker 3: Biopic Will Packer? Is it still happening?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I mean the crazy party, But I mean we have a couple of wrinkles that we're working out that I'm pretty much working out on my my my side of it. Uh, you know, because when you get into these biopics, you kind of want to be able to You gotta be there to do it.
Speaker 6: You gotta have some kind of control.
Speaker 1: And now the Compton one set the bar you gotta yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, So you can't be like you can't be you gotta you know.
Speaker 1: So that's where the sticky parts of it that like I was talking to my lawyer today about it.
Speaker 3: Uh, but it's still happening. Yeah, still happened.
Speaker 1: I mean, I got like a couple of different I should sign that contract and know lady in the next two weeks.
Speaker 6: Uh, you will pack me and Will packer.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Will packet has been very important for him because he's a director and super talented. And he's from Florida. That's I didn't know that he was Atlanta for some reason. No, he's from reason. I thought he's from Atlanta. Yeah, and he's from Florida. That's so he lived that ship. He understand he went to FAMI. You you know what I'm saying. Will will understand at the party. He was at the party. You understand the party. You know, the culture at he wasn't.
Speaker 3: His mama was at the man.
Speaker 6: Will is my man. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But that that's great, great guy.
Speaker 1: I mean, so it all makes sense. And then it all makes sense to do that right now. I mean I love the good part about it. I mean we did Freak nickd and Uh Warriors documentary. I did that, what Lebron, I love this, you know, shot him kind of uh push yeah, kind of put it finished me to tell stories on on uh you know, through videos, through visuals.
Speaker 7: So I've been you have laid down history man it needed because if you don't tell it, nobody else If.
Speaker 1: If if you don't tell it, nobody, nobody will. And that that's the beautiful part about it. You know, nobody knows our story. Nobody knows it. You know. I used to feel real fucked up some kind of way that we ain't on the cover of Vibe, you know, we only got a source and nobody's talking about us. But then when I look at it right now, I'm like, damn, that's some good ship, because we got so many stories to tell you. I got the ship, you know, I got all the I got the fucking date on the beach, I got you think freak nick was this? And I got all you know, and I got the whole plan in the first Instagram do you think? So you documented order ship? That's deep. So I need a check from Instagram Insta, my mother fucking check. It's better half my money. Everything you've been through. You got kids, got grandchildren, he said, he said one that God damn true.
Speaker 3: Look fashion, you still never watched Star Wars.
Speaker 1: I used to watch him. Don't watch him never, No, never watched it that you said you used to those used to before this suite.
Speaker 6: I was just you know, Star Wars. George Lucas like.
Speaker 1: He just he's in peace, He's day.
Speaker 2: No, but nobody knew he was really dark, baby, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: We knew that. No, but a lot of people out did that black man.
Speaker 2: You know when the guy took off his mask, he was a British dude.
Speaker 1: Listen, they put the black man in a black outfit. Yeah, he was the fucking bad guy. He was just a voice. Really was voices who you are? True, it was who he was. Back an fucking George Lucas, I'm not Elles, dude, but let me know, but real real talk. I mean, George, I mean this motherfucker got five hundred thousand dollars from me. You have that back. You had to pay money back. You had to pay that.
Speaker 6: I want my money back. I ain't playing.
Speaker 1: Hey, George Lucas, doubt you listen to drinks pay motherfucker, Luke, that's the mother put my money back. He got how Disney from Disney, you got billions, billions his money back, this motherfucker with interest. But why did he sue you? But what we know, Skywalker the breaking down, I'm like, I'm a DJ my DJ name Luke Skywalker. Right, So why'd you pick that name? Just so we know, I kind of got the idea from Kenny Skywalker, the basketball player, right, I think during that time and so it was like nothing started. Sir Luke my first name was Sir Luke. He was he was a British general. No one, no one with a suit, he was a knight. No one I would have got out of that had been what history is, sirt little records, you never know, the muld have been the favorite, like he's time, the JITs, the Queen. So the cool ideas, I mean, no strippers and ship, no no turking, y'all call it, yeah, no bootish shaking. So so at the end of the day, come on, that's my DJ name, Luke Skywalker. Luke Skywalker. It was it was really, I want to say it was before the Star Wars movie. Then the Star Wars movie came. I said, okay, then I started this record company because my DJ name is Sir lukedan uh Luke Skywalker DJ in So then I end up going, what ends up happening? You got this Star Wars ship going on? Actually said, well, you got New York Life, you got this Kenny Skywalker. You got you know you can have you got Miami this, Miami there.
Speaker 3: You know I'm not doing I'm not the white guy with no ship.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing a movie, you know. So in my mind I was. I was because I wasn't doing a movie and I was portraying the character and I wasn't in violation of no copyrights in my mind, So this doing the controversy, I still just me because I know how the bullshit work.
Speaker 6: I still got a letter from George Lucas.
Speaker 1: Asking for authorization to use the names. He's sending you a letter.
Speaker 3: I sent him a letter. You sent him a letter, I got authorization.
Speaker 1: And he give it you. Yes, What the fuck happened? So all the controversy going on, You got the President of the United States Vice president saying all this Two Life Crew music is horrible. You got the Governor Martinez, all this ship the horrible. You got these lawyers writing letters to George Lucas.
Speaker 6: How the fuck.
Speaker 1: You got the world coming down on me? And they sending letters to anybody to venues the radio fold and so boomrush fucking George Lucas with letters talking about how dare you let him use the name Luke Scott Walker. You got to suit this motherfucker. So it was about really draining me for all my money to put me out of business.
Speaker 3: That was the whole plate, you feel me. And so he didn't sue me.
Speaker 2: But you couldn't used that letter that he gave you the rights to do it.
Speaker 3: I used the fucking judge say fuck the letter.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Bro, I was going through so many fucking hearings, even on me, so horney, the girls, who was you know on the beginning of it was.
Speaker 6: I got sued from everybody. I was in court.
Speaker 1: The judge was like, yo, only boy I heard just wanted to hear this case was I wanted to see the bitches. My judge brought me in the back. He's like, mister camb I need to see you in my office. What are the lawyers? And I go in the back and he was like, yo, man, what the fucking needs honly bitches? Oh my, I said, mother fuck you got me up in here with the jury sitting now and tell him throw out some cases. He threw it out. Oh he's a good he's a real Nicholas.
Speaker 3: I been telling my ship, bro, And look it's so much shit I don't forgotten.
Speaker 1: Now you gotta put in the movie. It's hard. That's why it was hard for me to do a movie because I originally had to deal with Lionsgate to do the movie, and then biopick the bio pick.
Speaker 6: But I was like doclementary bio pick.
Speaker 1: I'm like, it's too much ship. So that's why I started cutting up stuff. I did The Warriors with Lebron on my football team.
Speaker 6: Then I did Freak Nick.
Speaker 1: Then I have another show that that I have that's a part of my life story. I say, because I can't put it all in one. You know, I could spend a whole movie on the whole censorship part of it. You know what I'm saying, It's difficult. When I started looking at it, I'm like, I may need to do a scripted series because this ship is really difficult, like Wu Tang. Yeah, so I would be crazy, So we kind of. I was able to cut up a lot of stories to be able to get those stories told. I've carved out quite a few other stories that I'm doing as projects in this thing. Because again, you know, when you sign up with Paramount or anybody like that, they want all your fucking rights. And so I did all these carve outs of all these other projects. Yeah yeah, Now, so I did carve outs because I know what the movie is, I know what the strip is. Uh, we know what we're going to accomplish with that. But then I say, okay, I need to be able to do these stories right here. You can't tie my life rights for all these other stories, right.
Speaker 2: You know, my boy Evan worked with you from that work with Cocaine Cowboys.
Speaker 1: And yeah we did.
Speaker 6: Literacy.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, and he always advocates for everything you're doing. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good dude, yeah Evan good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Boot springsteak.
Speaker 1: Oh band from TV in the US. That's a that's you kick you out of TV? Yeah, kind of what happened because I was following you and you was bad from the USA. He wanted to be just bad from TV, so that on TV. Yeah yeah, so he said second, all right, so so you beat the I never looked at you as that kind of because you this is good because my uncle with Yeah, but everybody realized how big Bruce Springsteen fu it is you get you beat the case? How the fuck.
Speaker 3: You get Bruce Springsteen to clear the sap or did you not. Yeah, he had cleared.
Speaker 1: I mean the thing is okay, Well it was that was the time I was signed on Atlanta deal with Atlanta and so uh and so uh. They facilitated that to and facilitated the conversation with me, and I was like, Yo, I want to do this, this on this band in the USA. I'm gonna do this Bruce Springsteen's this ship was born in the US, and she was born in the USA, and you flipped.
Speaker 8: It to.
Speaker 1: Bad exactly and I and I didn't want to do it, similar to I didn't want to go down the line of using it without his because his approval and consent, because I could have. I just want the parody case, the Roy Obison Pretty Woman parody case.
Speaker 6: So I just won that motherfucking.
Speaker 3: Case in the Supreme Court, and I could clearly say that that.
Speaker 2: Was a parody because he's you're speaking Chinese force right now.
Speaker 7: Parody case meaning that you could you could emulate a record a certain way and it's legal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the ship, what will this ship that they do every day on Saturday Night Live. Matter of fact, they fried the brief and supported me where they where you could poke fun. I can you know you could be similar to something, but you're just that's the parody exactly, and then you save so.
Speaker 2: Like what's the weird Al Yankovich, He's doing parodies all day.
Speaker 1: Long, Bobby, Jimmy and all them, and so those are you know, it's satire, you know, so basically so so when I went, I could have did it like that, but I said, and that's why I say, all these other artists, when you're sampling people voice and ship and putting them on a record, you know, the respectful thing to do is call the person up.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, you know, call the person up. That's why.
Speaker 1: That's why, you know, you know, even with the French Montana thing, I was like felt some kind of way like called me up and.
Speaker 3: Be like, yo, man, I'm using your voice and this ship.
Speaker 1: Whether you sample it or whether you paid Little Joe or whoever the fuck you paid, you got my voice in this ship.
Speaker 6: You feel me out of respect, you know.
Speaker 1: And so I think eventually, because an Frinch is a great girl guy, and he's a frist great friend of minds, right, and eventually somebody's going to example sample French right right exactly, and so I did that with Bruce and like I'm being I had the conversation with her, look at me. I need to speak to this man before I use this ship. You know.
Speaker 6: I want him to wake up in and.
Speaker 3: See me on the MTVMP He cleared. That was another bet that.
Speaker 1: We all do. You think he cleared it because he understood what she was doing with the record. He clear it. He understood the mission that music should not be used, uh, it should not be censored. So he understood the whole the whole vibe and everything that that that I was fighting for.
Speaker 3: And he was like, Yohama, man, I prove this. And I was him, what you're doing and all that.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: It was a nice little conversation me and Hi man, and and I was, you know, I was like, Okay, that's some good ship, you know.
Speaker 3: But I really think it's really important, you know.
Speaker 1: And I love all these artists when they I'm flattered by the French, Montanas and everybody else who sampled my voice in records. But then at the same time, I think you should get on the phone and call whether it's me or anybody else, and be like yo, you know.
Speaker 3: I'm I just tapped in.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just tapped in. You feel me.
Speaker 2: Figure out how to use you actually in the record, like in the video or something.
Speaker 1: That check it in. Check it's not No, it's not paying respect to what you're using. Checking it is when you go somewhere that's not checking. No, they ain't checking in. See back in the days, they used to check in when they come to Miami. But then everybody got us off, right. But if mother had to check in for real, yo up now okay, all right, okay, yeah, but now you know I left some other people in control and they just fucking open their legs up. But I mean you helped them. Look, but any anyway, meanwhile, back at the ranch, back at the drink camp.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna tell this for my second. You smoked all them fucking joints. That's why you're talking about us right here.
Speaker 3: That's why you put them. Okay, God, damn well, Uncle lou Man, we really not. I'm not speaking for you.
Speaker 1: I'm speaking from a fucking all the rappers that say some dumb ship. Not dumb ship, all right, let's say the ship that they relate to. If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't have none of that.
Speaker 3: Do you realize that I just go about my business doing what I do.
Speaker 1: And you know, I, you know, like a lot a lot of people tell me that, you know, when they use them legend words and all that, and I don't. I don't know, I don't feel a certain kind of way.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: I just I'm just I'm humble, you know, I'm respectful for when people think of me in that manner. And I you know, I appreciate it because I've for so many years I've not gotten any credit for anything or any respect. Uh. And my city has not gotten any respect and credit for the things that we've done, you know.
Speaker 3: And uh, you know, so I appreciate it. You know, I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: But I don't. I just I just do the right thing. You know.
Speaker 6: If I'm gonna fight for.
Speaker 1: A free speech, I'm ana fight for free speech, I fight for my community, I'm gonna do that.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna fight for hip hop, I'm gonna do that.
Speaker 1: And so whether it leads to being, you know, whether whatever it leads me to be where my place in history is, it becomes, you know, all right, that's for other people to determine. That's not for me. And so when you know, when folks say that, like like you and you guys, you know, giving my respect and other people, I'm humble by it.
Speaker 3: You know, I appreciate it. But at the end of day, I just go about my business trying to be the person that my old girl raised and my dad.
Speaker 7: Well let me say something, no, no, no, one of the things that I'm most proud of that people they always think that drink Chances was born somewhere else.
Speaker 2: Is born and bred in Miami, Florida.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, I didn't know that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So that's what I'm always proud of, that being from here. Like I always tell you, now, this is from the crib, born here with a legend from New York, but it was born in Miami, Florida.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying that.
Speaker 1: From New York.
Speaker 3: Couple of games and you know what, uncle, look truly sincerely love.
Speaker 1: What you laid down because I was church and kickles or urch ands.
Speaker 6: You keep going back to.
Speaker 1: Then he just he just celebrates his birthday.
Speaker 3: Samet Thomas Love and the ladies.
Speaker 1: The ladies I had, like you know, all my family and they was they was they was celebrating.
Speaker 3: And I was like wait a minute, m.
Speaker 1: Gall listens to their language, and I was like, oh, and then speaking of English though about the language that I was hearing, and I was like, oh, ship, because I'm forty seven now, so I was like, but then I remember the first time that ship. That's my motherfucker. So but but uncle Luke, hold on because what yeah, I got, I got a you got a quick time.
Speaker 2: It's fine.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, I'm gonna take on by.
Speaker 3: You gotta say, yeah, man, I'm a pist guy, right, and you we established that you didn't watch Star Wars.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 1: I watched it before I got sued, well after. I think I got sued after it came out before I don't know.
Speaker 8: But I don't even watch that ship because the George Lucas thing I respected. I got someone doing.
Speaker 3: Monster Energy dream. Yeah, like we wrapped it up that way. Let's see a friends, let's let's see my ass up. You know, I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 1: I gotta give you out Miami guys like a little extra time what like, but at the back jam damn get him a long way from them. Goddamn Zigzaggs about how you ever had to the community the generation, Oh man, I mean you know, I think you know. I was a kid growing up. I was a kid growing uprom Liberty City, and I would have to go to the South Beach, uh to play football hoods. Yeah, overtown right there. And then you got Libby City where I'm from. My girl them lived in town. Uh that's where they came from.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: And I used to get busted to Miami Beach all the time to play all in ice sports. And uh so I always said, if I would make two cents over my lunch money, you know I would have it where kids don't have to get busted six o'clock in the morning all the way to Miami Beach to go to high school in a city where back then, if if you were black, you had to be off the beach at six o'clock. Other than that you would go to jail for the for overnight. Okay, hold on, some tell on them. We stopped he for us because this is in my notes.
Speaker 3: And then we all watched golf. If we all looked at scarf face and it was like we was welcome, and.
Speaker 1: That same beach, this off faces he was on beach that black people wasn't welcome. There no no. Black people at that time had to be off the beach uh. And you couldn't get caught on the beach after six o'clock. You go to jail, spend the night. Even black entertainers would go to South Beach. It's like Sammy Davis and all of them, they would have to leave literally to say, Sammy Davis, Yeah, you're telling me Sammy Davis would the guy arrested? Oh hell, he dealt with a lot. He a lot. Even in Vegas. You couldn't even stay on the beach. You couldn't stay the whole Right now, this is the same Miami Beach South and South SI.
Speaker 3: The second Miami Beach is still they dead?
Speaker 1: Is frame break the same place. That's why you see that black break. It used to be there's no break now they dead it black they did it. Yeah. But I mean when you know the history of Miami Beach that that is part of their history of being racist toward African Americans. When you tell the African Americans you're going to go to jail uh and staying in jail overnight and then get out at sunrise, I mean how bad that can be?
Speaker 3: You know? And so you know, people don't be understanding and knowing those histories.
Speaker 1: Like you know I did.
Speaker 3: I opened up a club over there out of spite.
Speaker 6: Because of that.
Speaker 1: You took over Coco Bongles.
Speaker 3: Exactly, and I put the club over there, like well I had.
Speaker 1: At first it was a strip club actually really yeah, it was a strip club. They were trying to open up a strip club on Miami Beach and then they suckered them into building it and they had to polls and everything, and they was like, oh, by the way, you can't get naked.
Speaker 3: So it was Luke's before Coco Bongles.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And you did the Players Club there, the Players Boar. I remember Icy was there and everything. Yeah yeah, j oh no, I didn't do the Players Ball that was something Shane. Yeah. And my god, you remember that one. Yeah, that was the first party. It actually fucking went broke. You gotta hear the Mike Garden the story. No, I know, I know them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, they did workship.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I was d jing with with iced tea.
Speaker 3: Yeah he was. You see Mike's story. You will see him that.
Speaker 1: It was like, yo, we lost all our fucking money fucking with that party there. We older everybody, but yeah, that was some good ship. I love you niggas, by the way, as a New York nigga that been here sixteen years.
Speaker 3: This was so great. Well, uncle, look you know your mom. I heard that lyric Luke me in Miami too. I want to say change that lyric and said, Uncle Luke, you are my uncle too.
Speaker 1: Oh I like that. Hell yeah, we love you and we want you to know that this is this is something that I'm a New York guy. He's a Miami guy. We made this in Miami. This is your this is your platform all the times. If you want to go on Instagram live, you can just come here. But it's better just come here.
Speaker 3: And I appreciate it. I appreciate it better than come ahead. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Everybody exactly, exactly.
Speaker 3: Exactly, fucking thank you. All right, before we get about here, we've never done this before. Anybody got a question for Uncle Luke?
Speaker 1: Go ahead? Sonny Damn? Why the funck y'all call him Sonny? He doggas fuck? Is that like a joke that his real name Sonny Okay? Name is Sonny Okay, Sonny B, Sonny d D. Nobody mentioned the car the conversent.
Speaker 2: I love the car I used to go to conference all the time.
Speaker 1: You went to the Carver Center, Sonny, I don't believe you, man, Damn he went to the I don't believe you. Bro.
Speaker 2: Did you ever do anything at the Corver Center?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: I don't know if the cover This is the way I remember the convers It was an abandoned movie theater or a theater of some sort. Yeah, graffiti everywhere, rats in that motherfucker.
Speaker 3: But we enjoyed every show that happened in that mother.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you, hey, it's so many Yeah, it's still coldes, there's so many fucking I mean, I'm sure it was condemned.
Speaker 6: Yep, yep.
Speaker 1: Did you go to the concert at the baseball stadium, the one where I brought publican in me and iced tea and all of them? Man, let me tell you I did that at the Miami Baseball Stadium.
Speaker 6: It's tore down. It's a fucking apartment.
Speaker 1: No, No, the old one Bobby Martinez what it was, Bobby Martinez Stadium where the Orioles used to play the summer games at.
Speaker 6: And I had this big fucking count that was.
Speaker 1: That was the first time Chuck d and public Enemy ever rode on a jet because I had a jet then and I and I sent they were doing a show in Atlanta, and then I was like, I need you'all to do this show down here because.
Speaker 3: I had the baseball stadium back to school jam or some shit.
Speaker 1: Probably had like forty thousand people in that motherfucker, and uh, I sent my jet to pick them up.
Speaker 3: And then I thought they had to have been on just before.
Speaker 1: They had been on, I thought they had been on their mother fucking played and play funny and ship in the world. They hopped out that mother fuer like, look, I never been on this ship like.
Speaker 6: This in my life, you know.
Speaker 3: But that was crazy because again back then, you can't have you know, you didn't have social media, right, so you didn't know dealing with So.
Speaker 1: My brother gave me the jet, and I would do a show here, show there. I would do three shows. I gave you the jets. Yeah's your brother.
Speaker 6: Something like that.
Speaker 1: You got two jets right now sitting in there. We don't know. Yeah, Like, motherfucker bought three golf courses and ship still got money. But so he way back then he had a fleet of jets and so he was like, Yo, you got this ship, just pay the fucking money on it and the maintenance and everything. And so I would do shows that you could do it because there wasn't no social media. I can do a show here, show there, and show there. I had to party somewhere else, and I fly to these different places, do three shows tonight. Yeah. So when I did that show, I was like, oh, let me just send my my jet that to pick you up. That's why I be laughing at people right now with these jets and these shots and shit.
Speaker 6: That's what Big.
Speaker 1: When me and Big did the song, he was like deep throat on loop boat when the moon rises and coming in your eyes is just the way he plays play.
Speaker 3: Every day we was on my boat and then we went to New York and then he did the fuck his song. I was like, mother could sit up in there like this. I'm like, okay, we didn't cut this song.
Speaker 6: When Big gonna go up in this motheruger that.
Speaker 3: Mother went up in there and hit that shit fucked me all up.
Speaker 7: One more thing, and I just remember that. I wanted to ask you this, how how much does blowfly have an influence on you?
Speaker 6: Major? Major?
Speaker 1: It was more so mister Mix, because mister Mix was the one who was doing the music, but uh and was doing all the samples. I I love that the Leroy skillets in the uh in the and the blowflies of the world. And they were talking crazy because we all, I had the records. Mix had the records. That's why me and him was able to connect. Like how we connected. That's that's what brought y'all together. That's what Yeah, okay, right through that because okay, we was on the same vibe. And then if I'm black man, we're playing from DJing, I'm playing fire Cracker, Man, we need that's a hot song that we dj did you know the break beeat of that? Hey mix?
Speaker 6: Do this right here?
Speaker 1: And then I'm looking at this this movie full metal Jacket, this girl on there talking about me. So Horney put that ship on there with the fire cracker and that shit gonna pop, and so he would go cook it up, you know, and all the blow then he would add the blow fly didn't leave skill it done as people didn't know she was on fucking sample and son but cursing like a mother.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh happy all we did call it. Man shouts the calid shut we love Kelly doing this motherfucking thing.
Speaker 1: Man fucking nasty quick. Can't you believe that ship? The motherfucking traveling phone sells that motherfucker said everything.
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: That's my God. Come on, everybody makes a noise and you say you tell everything.
Speaker 1: Cat, that's what Kelly do. Yeah, Cally Challenge sells everything. That another one, another one yes quick, another one. This is another bun.
Speaker 3: They call it yeah no no no, because because you know first they had the next question.
Speaker 1: Another. But that's what's gonna lose. I'na be honest. We all owe you and hip hop, anybody who's ever dropped the independent record, anybody who's ever tried to live on their own. You know, I tell my friends all the time, man, live beyond your means the fuck out your motherfucking mother crab exactly and gold motherfucking live. But I get that from you any independent artists in the world. You're the first. We want to give you your flowers, and that's one part of it. It's giving you your flowers physically, but it's always the second part of it is letting you know how much we love you and we are in and respect that path that you paid for us because me and this motherfucker right here, he don't want he want to be the same way, and you are the path of the way of being. Stay stay in your motherfucking ground. Don't don't, don't, don't be nobody different, and that's what we have done, that's what made it successful. But that pathway has been Uncle Luke to live crew, and we want to give you a flowers. We gave it, but we want to can teum to tell you how much it's real. And we love the factor that you can comment on the new generation. We love that ship.
Speaker 3: That ship is so beautiful and I'm gonna finish your mind.
Speaker 1: Thank you man.
Speaker 2: Let's take a flick.
Speaker 1: Let's be gone.
Speaker 7: Drink Champs is a drink Champs LLC production hosts and executive producers n O r E and dj E f N.
Speaker 2: Listen to Drink.
Speaker 7: Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs hosted by Yours truly, dj E f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials that's at drink Champs across all platforms at the Real Noriagon, I g at Noriega on Twitter, mineus at Who's Crazy on I g at dj e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink Champs dot com