Speaker 1: Welcome back to Unplugged. What is it day three of Black History months? I think something they're trying to get rid of Jackson. We might have to enjoy this last one. We never know what's coming. Uh, welcome back, stat what's happening with? What's what's been going on with?
Speaker 2: You always be black history? You can't even right side history as fuck as you're talking about it. I ain't you know, I ain't going.
Speaker 1: You get a chance to check out that clarisified last night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I watched man. Let me tell you one thing. Man, I'm just gonna say this, this weekend for boxing was unfreaking believable.
Speaker 3: I mean unbelievable.
Speaker 2: The fight card with Benevidez Morale one of the best fights I've seen in a long time.
Speaker 3: Shout out to David Bendavidez for a great win.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: The pit Bull fight, I think Pitt Bull lost again. I think I think people people figured out pick Bull out. If you can't knock him out, you can missed that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I saw, I saw the comments people were saying that.
Speaker 2: Now he lost, he lost again, man, and he needed to give that guy's rematch. Also, shout out to my little brothers. The cool boy Fullton, he got scooter, he got he got his belts back.
Speaker 3: He won. Uh uh the second fight against the door, he won that fight.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: He looked real, he looked good.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about his outfre What was he doing out there? Bro, shorts and tims, that's what we.
Speaker 2: Are so so so so so that was actually boxing shoes made to look like Tims, so that it looked like yeah, and it looked like Tims and and and the shorts looked like.
Speaker 1: Short surgeon did him.
Speaker 4: Shout out the.
Speaker 3: Surgeon, shout shout the shoes he did.
Speaker 1: He scowled me.
Speaker 4: I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I didn't get to see that. The boys had games that day, so I didn't get to see anything. But I just saw, you know what everyone else saw. So it just looked like so it was actually boxing gear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he has actually boxing gear. Shout out the big big baby.
Speaker 3: Jared too. Jared, he did it one time where he had his boxing shoes.
Speaker 2: Boxing shoes looked like flip flops and he went to he walked in jail in the jail outfit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they coming, they're being real creative.
Speaker 2: But shout out the cool boy and getting his belts back, he trained with he jointed with Boots in his pop.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Bozi. They did a great job.
Speaker 2: And of course Clarissa first time fighting somebody that big. Uh the opponent didn't have that much experience, but Clarissa put on the she.
Speaker 3: Was big, she was.
Speaker 1: Big, she was wearing the rights and she.
Speaker 2: Was able to take them punches exactly. But but Clarissa just it's just too much of a star, too decorated in the sport. Uh to to to ahead of the game. And as far as women boxing, the first woman to ever when when it undisputed in three divisions, man, so even no man has ever done that.
Speaker 3: So shout out to her man for what she's done.
Speaker 2: Man, big time fan, and a lot of y'all don't know this, but y'all need to watch the show with her and andre Ward and ask her why she went a big quoat chain, why she went at big guoat chain.
Speaker 3: I got a lot to do with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's dope. Well that's what man. Shout out to everyone who won this past weekend and uh yeah, uh there, you just said something before we came on here. So so budd And and Canelo are locked in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they said they're finalizing it right now for September thirteenth at one hundred and sixty eight pounds, which is crazy.
Speaker 3: That's a bit I think.
Speaker 2: I think the only person that can go though that at this right now that probably can go up and wait and defeat Canelo is somebody with superb.
Speaker 3: Skills, and I think that's Bud. But Budd been through a lot.
Speaker 2: I don't think budill be taking this challenge if he don't feel like he can win. I don't think Budge is doing it for the money, but he's up for a big task because nobody has been able to beat Canelo or even heard him. Even at one seventy five. Canelo went up and forty one seventy five and lost, but no, but didn't get knocked out. So to go from one forty seven to one sixty eight, Bro, that's a big jump.
Speaker 1: Yeah, huge jump, huge jump. But I'm glad it's finally on the card. Transitioning into music, Clinton Kendrick with a clean sweep last night five for five with the Grammys and Jack. He might have been off your style, he might've seen what you've been doing. You're you're one of the ogs with the Canadian tuxedos. You got like ten of them bitches with matching shoes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know me, I'm too fresh to be stale man, So I got a lot.
Speaker 3: I got a lot of Canadian touch seeders and.
Speaker 2: And I've been rocking them. People just getting used to them. But they it's a nice look if you got to buy, if you got the body to rocket, you know what I'm saying, Yeah, that's good look.
Speaker 1: I just thought Kendrick's cleverness. I think Drake has finally found someone that's clever as witty and I don't even want to say petty, but almost low key petty, because I think we're the Canadian cooks seedo to the Grammys and then cleaning the motherfucking Grammys out.
Speaker 3: Jack.
Speaker 1: This dude had Taylor Swift in there singing Beyonce dancing to the biggest song in the world, like if you're Drake, and he probably tried his god damn hardest not to watch it somewhere pricing, but you've seen everyone just celebrate, from from Dre to jay Z to all the other genres in he had everybody rocking out like us.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, I'm pretty sure Drake watching all that one thing about it, and I'm a Drake fan too. I just feel like I agreed Drake, Drake getting to the point where like this is moment, he got it.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm say, I've been having my moment for a long time. I can't. I can't really be mad at this point. I you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That's that's how I feel he should be looking at it like he got his moment. I'm still Drake, I'm still gonna do my million. I'm still gonna say, but this is his moment. Let him have it. Bro, trying to try to trying to trying to hate on this moment. It is not like like he ain't having it, Like it ain't his time. That looks bad on anybody, Bro, It's Kendrick time.
Speaker 1: It's gonna hurt. Yeah, yeah, no, definitely, especially with the super Bowl next weekend. And uh, I mean five for five let's focus on what what what?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 4: What went?
Speaker 1: And down though for Kendrick one of only three artists to have over twenty Grammys. Now, I think that's with him, Kanye and jay Z. Five for five clean, sweet, I mean, shout out doc just a real good dude, real good dude over all this take the beef away and he either he stays out the way, he does his job and he's just a good dude.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: So to be able to see him bring home five Grammys, man, salute whole TD family, top punch. I don't really know what the standing him, what TD is, but I know that's always gonna be family. But man, they went there. Shout out to Homie Mustard. They went out there and did their thing. Man, Drake just announced that Valentine's Day his and him and Party CD will drop, So, uh, that's going to be jam Yeah, definitely will be. But but the fact he had to tweet that the day after just shows Drake is still kind of you know what I mean. I don't forget about me. But but to your point, Jack, I mean, Drake arguably is the biggest artist in the world. And like you said, we've always said, let's just get back to work and do what you're great at. So shout out to Kendrick looking forward to seeing what Drake and Party could do. And shit, Jack, the NBA is cooking, yes, sir, cooking right now. I want to start though with the Sacramento and Chicago where there was a three team trailer Sacramento Chicago, the guys that really kind of unloaded and did some things. Dearon Fox to San Antonio. What are your thoughts on that? I love it, man, I mean, you know, this is a.
Speaker 2: Better version of Tony Parker, you know, to Tony Parker and but he's but he's just left handed. Tony Parker is, he has, he has, he's jet. He's might be faster than Tony Parker. H he's able to get.
Speaker 1: That's tough to say, because Tony Parker was fast as ship.
Speaker 2: But the Aaran is different. Yeah, the Aaron is different. Tony was the fastest in the league, but the Aeron is different. And he's a better scorer and he's a better athlete. So to have to part to pair him up with Wimby along with Castle and and have the possibility to get another star like Jimmy Butler.
Speaker 3: Man, I think that was the best move.
Speaker 2: That was the best move made, you know, besides the other moves in Dallas.
Speaker 1: I think this is big too, because I got a good three year runner watching darreon Fox every night, and this kid could really really play. He plays defense too. He's in passing lanes. But also he was the you know, the clutch score of the year, I think two seasons ago he leaves it. He's always in top five and clutch scoring, and I think that's something this team needs obviously, with c P three being a little bit older, Castle being young, Winby is still in you know, his greatness, but developing Fox is someone that can kind of settle them in the fourth quarter too. So you know, while we're talking about san Antonio, shout out Pop. You know, we're still praying for you, you know, hope you're back around the sideline soon. But I really like that move for Sacramento. I can't say I really I'm I'm a Zach Levine fan, only twenty nine years old. He really goes. You know, I'm hearing that they still maybe trying to move to Roard de Rozen, but to lose an NBA or an All Star, you know, I think he has had Fox made any All NBA teams, second or third. No an All NBA performer, you know, death be an All Star and you know, and you get back Zacly one time All NBA again. Zach Lyvine's a great scorer. We saw a little bit of him and tomorrow in in Chicago. But if I'm Sacramento, I gave away a lot. But at the end of the day, you kind of had to do what you had to do. Because darreon Fox made him very very clear. He wasn't loud about it, but he let him know that, Hey, I'm not signing his extension, so I'm gonna be out of anyway. Daron gets to go back to Texas. He's a Texas Boys, so you know, happy for him and his family that he gets to, you know, continue to love what he does. There's a lot of other shit brewing on right now. Jack two, we just heard that Golden States have been inquiring about Lebron James and Kevin Durant separately but then also as a super team as as as rounding up the Avengers. What are the chances you think that Kevin Durant and Lebron James can end up alongside Steph Curry or just one of them? I mean, maybe two is outlandish, but yeah, I know for sure Golden State has been inquiring about both of them. What would to get them both or to get one of them? What would be your thoughts if that happened.
Speaker 3: Let me gain my composure, bro, I had my first time hearing that. Let me game my composed one. Them three on the same goddamn team.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, come on, man, them three on the same down team is outrageous. But I would love to see Katie and Steph pair back up and go out, you know, go out together, the lebron and Steph. You know, we always talked about it, we always pictured it, but we don't know how it's gonna work. We know what we've seen what happens when Kde and step get together, you know what I'm saying. So so yeah, I would love to see that again. Man, I would.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely again. This is I mean, I mean, Jack, we're slowly but surely coming to an end of an era. You know, these guys were kind of young and I really ran parallel. You know, we played a lot of years with both all three of these guys that are coming to an end, and to kind of see their runs, you know, in the next two or three years. You know, there ain't no telling. You know, this could be the you know, the you know, the kind of the the the end of the road in the next couple of years. For all three of those amazing players. Man, So I want to see for their sake of them, I want to see something great happen. I want to see something shit get shaken up. But that leads us to our next situation. Lebron has a new running mate.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: I had a hard time believing stack because we've been in this game a long time that Lebron had no idea that this was going. I had a really hard time believing that. But I've just been hearing more and more shit and all you don't believe it. He knew, he had to know, right. There ain't no fucking.
Speaker 3: Way, no way.
Speaker 1: There ain't no way, no way, There ain't no way that Lebron does. Yeah. But on the flip side, people are saying, hey, maybe this is the Lakers finally putting their foot down and not really have to check in Lebron no more, you know what I mean. So you hear that side and it's just like, eh, but I just don't. I just a trade of this magnitude and Lebron being who he is, and he's always been so instrumental on whatever team he is, obviously with with with just cause to having a say on what happens. So I just don't see something this big going down without bron No. But hey, he could have not known. But let's let's let's get to the trade Anthony Davis for Luca.
Speaker 4: Did.
Speaker 1: When you first saw that, you thought it was some bullshit or you're just like, damn, this is really happening.
Speaker 3: I was watching the fight.
Speaker 2: If he's watching the fight, you know, the news came out doing the fight, and we was watching the fights, the fights that night, and uh, somebody behind me said, bro, they just traded.
Speaker 3: Luca for at the day, I said, yeah, right, that that ain't real. That ain't real.
Speaker 2: I told I told him it wasn't real. I said, man, you know what page you looking on? Then I turned on my I g and it was from Uh it was all on the verified pages. So yeah, man, it blew my mind. But I was happy for Kyrie and j Kid and Nicoll, all our people. I was happy for them because I know what that means for Dallas as a basketball player.
Speaker 3: I'm not emotional the fan. I don't have a dog in this fight.
Speaker 2: So I understand what what Anthony Davis going to Dallas does for Dallas and gives Dallas the confidence and and and and the motivation to win right now.
Speaker 3: They have a great group of guys, great group of young guys.
Speaker 2: Kyrie been playing his ass off without Luca, and and to add a D with PJ Washington and then being able to keep those big guys.
Speaker 3: I think that was a big move by Nico.
Speaker 2: But but on the flip side, the Lakers definitely made the best move that they can make, and a great move also for their future. Bron only had so much time left, bro A D and Broun. They snuck a championship in that bubble. They wasn't winning another one. And uh, for all you Laker fans who think that that Lebron and Luca fing the win one this year, you didn't lost your damn mind too. Yeah, they are definitely building for the future. Bron is on his way out. Yeah we're gon We're gonna get to see some exciting basketball with Braun and Luke on the court. They talk about bringing Miles turn It. I like Miles, but Miles is not the anset. If they don't bring athletic guard, I mean athletic big man that can do all the stuff Anthony Davids was doing, they're wasting their time, so, but they're definitely building for the future. And if if Braun is going on his way out and you need a star to to to to fulfill his shoes and be that star in the Lakers uniform and also be able to bring a championship down the line, there's no better pick than Luca.
Speaker 1: I want to add someone to this conversation. Neighborhood hate hate hate hate hate.
Speaker 3: Hey hey hey, hey, hey hey hey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, hey hey, hey, hey, hey.
Speaker 1: Hey, walking song and he's been super sad because he lost his beard brush.
Speaker 3: Damn, you did.
Speaker 4: The brush like to what it looked.
Speaker 1: Like tooth brush though that brush came with your new teeth.
Speaker 4: But he hey, but it has your ship. It got your ship right though.
Speaker 3: Doesn't it got? I tell you got to have this is the clipper brush.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'm mad.
Speaker 1: You looked like a big tooth brush.
Speaker 4: You know what with it?
Speaker 2: Hey, Matt, you you can't use this brush for the nut hairs you got on your face?
Speaker 1: No, I can't you that. Don't be trying to steal my jokes. I know my face hair game, my facial hair game is weak as fun. I should have my skin all scratched up. Anthony Davis gone Luca in what is the real l a fan slash haters feeling right now?
Speaker 4: I mean, we feel like we got Woody Harrelson from White Man King John. You don't know what I'm saying. No, I'm just I don't know, man. I think it's I think we were shook at first, you know what I'm saying. I'm still a little bit shit. Yeah, understandably because La you know, we don't give a shit about like your past accolades and all that ship like we are gonna do when you put on our uniform, Like I never hated it on look at once.
Speaker 1: Be honest, you hated on Lebron and ad are locked.
Speaker 4: Up, but not until they put on our uniform. It's a difference, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You hated them before, but go ahead.
Speaker 4: Never But still, like I think it's just a bunch of uncertainty for us right now. We were in the middle of the West, but we're gonna win a championship? Probably not, but we were fighting, you know what I mean. I think a couple of different moves with this, with this team, we might have been able to make a run. Possibly, But what do I know? Man, I'm just a lost Laker fan. Not much, man, But yeah, anyway, are we excited about Luca?
Speaker 3: We'll see.
Speaker 4: Until he puts on a uniform, we'll see, Jackie.
Speaker 1: I mean, you stated your point why you think a d to Dallas is good? And I agree, I think immediately right now as we stand, Dallas's it has all the pieces to come out of the out of the Western Conference. A change of scenery has never been bad for anybody. You know it again, whether this was really a Nico thing. You know you're hearing that the owners who is the biggest Trump donor, But that's neither here nor there. They didn't felt like they didn't want to pay him that much money. There has been locks knocks on Luca, you know. I mean, as skilled, as talent as he is, he winds a lot. He is out of shape, which I don't really have an issue with because he still hoops. Efforts has always been questioned, but I think him getting a fresh start with a chip on his shoulder coming to a city like La that's not gonna let none of that shit slide. Like, you have to give effort, you have to hustle, you know what I mean, He's probably gonna want to be in shape because this is a whole new the Saint Dallas, this is LA. So I think this can be really good for Luca. Obviously long term, the Lakers have finally found their replacement, you know what I mean. I mean they somehow someway and you got to tip your cap to Rob you know, you know a D thirty one unfortunately has been in prone. I've helped you guys get a chip in twenty. But if you're able to get a twenty five year old Luca, I'm taking that all. There's only maybe two or three players. I wouldn't take that for you know what I mean. So if you can get a twenty five year old Luca that is going to come in and be the face of your franchise for the next ten years. I mean you think about Luca's star power now in LA. I'm not mad at that, and I think within the next two or three years you're going to be able to feel kind of the unless the Lakers make a move, Jack, I think you talked about this off air. They need a big you know, whether it's Miles Turner who's more of a score, but he does play some defense. I would like someone that's more hard nos though I like the boy from Torontomi's name petite yaka Purdle, and then Kessler over at Utah. They may have to give up too much for him, a solid rim protector. But what are your thoughts with you guys this year? I mean, you didn't really think you're gonna win a championship this year, did you?
Speaker 4: I mean we were hopeful, hopeful about it, you know what I mean? We thought the DN and foxhit was gonna happen here with a D and Lebron.
Speaker 1: That would have been crazy.
Speaker 4: Of course, ar was untouchable to make that trade.
Speaker 1: Jack, What are your thoughts when when?
Speaker 4: When you yeah.
Speaker 3: Why why is he untouchable?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's tell me Jack, why is he untouchable?
Speaker 1: And not that he I mean to his defense, he's eighteen five and six. But it's it's really interesting because I think that a lot of teams have come after him with for good reason. I like, we all like Austin Reeves, but for some reason, like he was been the one ship they traded a D before they traded Austin Reeves. If we're if we're being I.
Speaker 2: Can't have him man, Luca Ar, especially on the you can't have him on the court at the same time.
Speaker 1: But you gotta think if we're talking about Barbacue, if you're talking about defense, though, look at look at it's really Lebron. I mean, because he's older Lebron, Luca and AAR on the and nobody, nobody down below, no no back line.
Speaker 3: Help, nasty work.
Speaker 4: So you're just saying we have to get rid of Ar.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not saying that at all. I'm just saying that it was crazy to me that some stuff that came down the pipeline that they've turned a lot of he's been a that he's been untouchable for them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't. I don't understand that who is untouchable on our teams? Even Lebron's not untouchable on our team to me at this point, you know what I'm saying. But we're probably gonna have to use AR at some point to make a bigger move for our teams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's I said. I don't think you're gonna be able to get someone that's gonna up the front line without being able to get But now, are you more comfortable giving away a Ar because you have Luca that can make plays and handle the ball, because you got to think Ar handled the ball a lot for that team, a lot of plays down the stretch. I really like his game, but I feel a little bit more comfortable now if I'm the Lakers get putting him in a package that'll get you someone that is going to add some depth to your front line and be a key contributor.
Speaker 4: We're not we gonna make all these moves. I mean, how long until this? You only got three days seventy two hours? Yeah, you got till Thursday to the trade. Down line, Jack, if they do make a move for let's say a Kessler from Utah, what are your thoughts with Luca Lebron, a big that could really rip, rebound the ball, and block shots. Is there hope over there?
Speaker 3: We'll be talking a whole different trade.
Speaker 2: If the would the guy Gaffer or somebody from Dallas in this trade, like we'll we'll be talking a whole We'll be talking Lakers championship if they had a big man like that. If they can get an athletic big man who Lu who Luca can can can build some type of rapport with with that, with the Libs and the way he you know, the the Bobby had with the big guys in Dallas. If he can find another guy like that that they can build. Yeah, the Lakers still an action, but there's nobody out there. Miles Turner is not an athletic athletic guy. The other guys you talk about bringing in, yeah they fiscal, Yeah they can block shots, but you can't replay. You can't just we gotta just stop acting like we can just replace the Anthony Davis.
Speaker 4: You're not doing that.
Speaker 3: You're not doing that.
Speaker 2: So so whatever they bring in there, it's gonna be a task we're building, you know what I'm saying, what they already had.
Speaker 4: And I'm gonna be honest with you, it really is time to start talking about moving Lebron James over here? Is it? Like it?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 4: I mean, what are we what are we waiting on? If we're not going to win with him again? I think I heard one of you guys say, what are we still wasting our time with Lebron? For No?
Speaker 1: I mean that would be interesting, Like I said, the ship's buzzing. I mean, do you you know, do you package Lebron and get some young talent and and and for the next two years going to rebuild mode.
Speaker 4: I mean, are we stuck with him and Briannie until this ship is over? Right? And we know that's what brit doing her? Nobody? Man, come on, you know how it is, Bro.
Speaker 1: He's taking a lot of heat like that, absolutely as he should.
Speaker 4: He just got in the game. I think he got cooked, right, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I didn't see the game.
Speaker 4: Don't try to play me like that. I think the James family they got us, they got us. We love I want to, I want to.
Speaker 1: I want to leave with this though, before we get changed topics. Is there a chance that Bron really didn't know and the Lakers feel like they don't have to run ship by him anymore?
Speaker 4: What do you think? I believe that there's no way that he could not have known. And if he didn't know, that says a lot about him with the organization, like how much they feel about you, what they feel about you now? And I would be I would have a little bit of attitude with that. You know, with us, Jack, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 1: I mean, you and I both agree like this was too big not to know, but hey, maybe he didn't. If this is a sign where they didn't tell him and then they feel like they don't have to check in. What are your thoughts on that.
Speaker 3: There's no way that I got I told you no, I'm first team.
Speaker 2: All common sense, So it's no way, there's no way that it can come out that after the h that Rob Perlincoln called after Dave's agent, then a D. Then after the trade was made they called Braun. It don't work like that, bro, it don't work there. If you have the if you have even in your mind to call Braun and talk to him about it afterwards, you called and talked to him about it before it happened. Come on, man, that just common sense. Anybody you have to respect for anybody that has the position on the team. What a what an owner of the coach, whoever is involved with making the trades is calling them and asking their opinion before, I mean after of course they called you before, they called you on the phone a D. Just so make sure everybody good. That's all that was. But they definitely talked to Lebron before.
Speaker 4: Why do you think he's denying the ship that like they didn't Why would he even.
Speaker 3: Do know what? Broun know what's going on all across.
Speaker 1: The league, just the Lakers. I think he probably had to deny it because that's ad is probably salty. Oh well, I mean business is business, you know, but you but I mean, it's easy for us to say that, but we've been in positions where ship we had to up and go, you know what I mean. And for him, I'm sure he definitely didn't know, you know what I mean. So I think to save a little bit of face, Broun, you know, maybe Broun act like hey, maybe again, we don't know. Maybe Bron really didn't know, which would be crazy, but maybe he really didn't. But if he did know, I mean to to to say he didn't know is probably say face with a D because I I was this guy. But again, like you said, Jack, this shit is a business, period, and Bron doesn't have much.
Speaker 3: We didn't know that Shaq was they was from the trade shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to come on, yeah, I mean the league, that's just how the league works, and it's supposed to work that way. Your best players are always supposed to have a pulse on the team and to stay on the team, and Lebron has always had that. So for this one time, for it not to be that way. Hey, maybe maybe it's a maybe it's a changing of the guard.
Speaker 3: Hey, g hey, G let me ask you a question. G what's who y'all need to get back to where y'all want to be?
Speaker 4: Michael Jordans, I mean, am I lying? I mean you just said nobody's available? What we're supposed to go get embiid Like, who are we supposed to go out there and try to get?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Obviously we could trade for anybody. Obviously we could trade for anybody.
Speaker 1: The Lakers always pulled some ship off, and they pulled this ship off and got Luke again. This is immediate right away. If they don't get no more help, you can't.
Speaker 4: You considered this some Jerry West shit, like when he brought shacking.
Speaker 1: From up above?
Speaker 4: Yeah, is this a big move like that.
Speaker 1: It's a huge move, but it's a move that needs another piece.
Speaker 4: There you go. I just wanted you to be on the record saying, wud y'all want Zion. I'm not mad at Zion. He might just need to get away from the shrimp at your fay, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: He come over here, might have a motherfucker six package.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Yeah, I'm with change.
Speaker 1: The scenery is never bad. Like, although Luca probably didn't want to go, coming to l A is definitely not the worst thing, absolutely, you know what I mean. So it's I think this ship is gonna be all right. I think immediately Dallas has the upper hand because they're built that they don't have no they don't have no holes in their roster.
Speaker 4: Ad is about to be the player we wish.
Speaker 1: Kyrie has been killing and may have been black ball from whatever the fuck is going on from here on now he should be all question. Yeah, he's been killing, so now it's more of his team and and and we're going to see.
Speaker 4: Man, we definitely have to see I'm hopeful. Man, I'm gonna be sick until it happens.
Speaker 1: We'll go take your blood pressure medicine and.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it. Sort maybe fifty let's do it. We appreciate it. I appreciate you, big dog.
Speaker 3: Jack.
Speaker 1: We're going to take a look at the a little bit of the press conference with Nico and j Kidd on the Luca trade.
Speaker 4: You think this will.
Speaker 6: Work in the short term, in the long term, short term makes great sense.
Speaker 4: How do you see this working out well?
Speaker 3: For the organization in the long term.
Speaker 6: Well, I think the long term is the time frame. I think he fits our time frame. If you pair him with with Kyrie and the rest of the guys, he fits right along with our time frame to win now and win in the future, and in the future to me is three four years from now, in the future, ten years from now.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't think they probably bury me in Jay Budden or we bear ourselves.
Speaker 1: So Jack, after seeing that, you firmly believe that Jay Kidd knew about this all along. I mean, he looked like he wanted to throw up. He looked frustrated, He looked like he couldn't really say what he wanted to say. What do you think when you see that? Do you think you've still seen it? Or excuse me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he knew. He knew the respect that him and Nico have for each other. Is no way that that decision went on with I Jkid been involved all knowing of it. Obviously, when you make a big move like that and you lose a big piece of guy that just brought you to the finals and won the Western Conference finally and been the top of the NBA, you know it's going to be something a little bit stick uncertain. There's gonna be some uncertain uncertainty still because you know what, you know what you have with Luca and now Anthony adding Anthony Davis. It's still some uncertain uncertainty because you haven't seen these guys play together. You know, they still they still got to grow, they still got a bond as a team and and and fit, and uh, they haven't seen that. So making that big move like that, when when you know what you got with a guy like Luca, and know what you're gonna have with Luca going forward, and now you're having some uncertainty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I see it all on jkd face. Yeah, we made a big move.
Speaker 2: And uh, you know I'm standing behind it, but you can see it on my face that I'm not sure if this shit gonna work, but I feel like you can.
Speaker 1: I ain't. All right now, I want to welcome into the show our guy JB. Jack. He's over there, smoked up, said he got his jack. He's ready to go. It's only ten thirty on the West Coast. He's ready to go.
Speaker 3: JB.
Speaker 7: What up.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you, ah man, thanks for coming back.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: We hear of Super Bowl Sunday is a few days away. Chiefs are one and a half point favorites in New Orleans over the Eagles. No team has ever had a three peat three Super Bowls in a row. And if this happens, pat Rodthy's gonna eat because he coined the phrase way back in the day.
Speaker 3: JB.
Speaker 1: In your opinion, what can the Eagles do to stop this from happening?
Speaker 7: Man, There's a few things.
Speaker 5: First of all, Jalen Hurts has to be the reason they win.
Speaker 7: I think the Eagles. So far, the Eagles have.
Speaker 5: Won in spite of Jalen's performance. I think now he has to be the reason they win. Because Pagnola, just so we're clear, is the best big game decoordinator in football history in my opinion, and he hasn't a lot one hundred yard back since twenty eighteen, so I think he's going to figure out a way to load the box stop Saquan. And the other thing is, you got to remember they run so much readoption. Jalen pulls the ball a lot, and that's gonna limit Saquan's touches when he pulls the ball, and Saquan don't get it because Jalen keeps it. There's another added element right there. Stag Nolan knows that. And when you do that with the guy that's had two weeks off to prep and then remember it, Remember this is the co partner no one wants.
Speaker 7: To talk about.
Speaker 5: The Eagles lost Super Bowl two years ago to the same team because their DC at the time, coach Gannon was one foot in and one foot out and already accepted the job for the Arizona Cardinals.
Speaker 7: So Sirihanni came out and was.
Speaker 5: Kind of hot about it and was like, man, you know, you kind of fucked us. Our players made to the biggest game in the deal, and you're looking for coaches to hire and your next job, Well, Kellen Moore is rumored to take the Saints job already, and he's the O seed.
Speaker 7: This will be if he leaves man Jalen Hurts will have four oh Seeds in basically four years. So Jayaleen's gonna have to get over the hump.
Speaker 5: And I hope that this coach, Kellen Moore, is fully invested in this thing because the players deserve it to make it to the biggest game and they have their coaches half ass and it's not the coach's issue, it's the league policy. I don't believe that coaches should be able to be hired or post until after the Super Bowl.
Speaker 7: This makes sense.
Speaker 5: The NFL is not college. These my buckers don't need to get a job right now. They're not recruiting to say college, they're not building a weight room and shit. So I don't know we're gonna see, but Jalen's gonna have to get over the hub by outperforming Mahomes and that's a tall task in a big game.
Speaker 7: So I think that's going to be the key element.
Speaker 5: And then on the other side, can they stop, say Kwan hold them under one hundred yards, which makes Jalen throw the ball even more, which is not his strong suit.
Speaker 7: Even though he threw three hundred in that game.
Speaker 5: But a lot of that if you watch that game, there was a lot of yak yards in that game.
Speaker 7: And then he won. He balled with his feet more with his arm than in my opinion, So we'll see it. But Jalen is the.
Speaker 1: Key jack who you looking at on the Kansas City side. I mean, this team has won two Super Bowls in a row. They're saying this team wasn't you know this, This team hadn't necessarily been putting up the numbers that they had in the past. But somehow, some way, Patrick Mahomes finds himself in the Super Bowl again.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, Well, I'm looking at both sides of the football for Kansas City. The defensive line, they've been playing well all year. They have to stand up and and like like, like coach said, put a defense, a good defense on sa Quan sa Kwan been dominating everybody.
Speaker 3: They can stop sa Kwan.
Speaker 2: The Eagle's in trouble, big time trouble on the defensive side. But the officer side maye you You just you got to sit back and just wait till Mahomes pull out his magic hat and and do some magic. If that's what it comes down to. I mean, people talk about that all their games.
Speaker 3: Being close, but the name of the game is winning, and.
Speaker 2: A lot of people, a lot of people don't have that blessing and that skill to find a way to win.
Speaker 3: That's why Mahomes separates himself.
Speaker 2: He finds a way to win and then in big games, not just in regular games, in big games too.
Speaker 3: So he's been here, He's found a way to win.
Speaker 2: I want to see a black quarterback be the first quarter per be the first quarterback to three peat, and Mahomes has a has a has a great chance to do that. And Uh, I'm pulling on my Homes because I'm just I'm just I'm just a big fan of what he was able to do along with Kels and this other guys JB.
Speaker 1: Five super Bowl appearances in seven years. Uh, he has what three rings or four? He has three rings with the possibility of four. I mean it's still early, you know, God willing. This dude has another eight ten years to play in this game. Where's Mahomes at in the hierarchy of great man from the quarterback position?
Speaker 5: It's you know, it's gonna be a uh you know everyone's gonna say it's a hot take and all this shit when you talk about Patrick Mahomes and the chiefs Queendom. Here's the thing, here's an issue.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna be honest, like I think he's any read is unbelievable.
Speaker 7: It's a play caller. He's gonna he's gonna keep guys.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 7: And the common denominator here, no one wants to talk about think.
Speaker 5: About all these coaches that we just talked about leaving jobs during runs. The Chiefs have beat multiple teams when they're losing a coordinator or two. You saw this year the number one seed Detroit Lyons lose Week one to the Commanders because guess what, they lost both coordinators and you have to yes, like were they really all in in that game or were they worried about the new job? It took again my point to this whole coaching hiring practice. Andy Reigo can lose coordinators every year. It doesn't matter. You know why, he's the head coach and play caller, and when he's the elite of both both of those, it doesn't matter who he loses.
Speaker 7: Other guys lose shit and you see their teams get fucked up. So this is this is Andy Reese still here, man, And.
Speaker 5: If anyone can neutralize the number one defense in football, the Eagles, it's Andy Reid with two weeks off.
Speaker 7: And I think that at the end of the day. To answer your question, remember where we play.
Speaker 5: We play in the era US Street played and when basketball was tougher than football. At this point, football's off, man. You can't hit the QB, you can't throw a slant to a receiver and not no, oh shit, can I get a targeting call or hit this cat over the middle? We try to knock you out on over the middle path. Whiteouts now are catching the ball with no fear, no issue. So the game has changed. I think the rules have made it a little bit easier for guys like Mahomes. If you watch him carefully, he'll take an extra three steps on the sideline, know, and the guy won't hit his ass. So back in the day you were sliding your ass down early nowadays Mahomes has been a huge benefit factor of that rule change. But you know what, he wins games like sex that he wins, and that's the name of the game. And we can talk all that shit. This year they really only lost one game the last game they tanked. They didn't really care, but they want they lost one game again. How close it matters. I don't care how how close the games were they and all the better is talking about they only covered this many that don't mean shit, Ay, re don't care.
Speaker 7: The thing is, man, what some of these reps? Is that a real thing?
Speaker 1: People are That's a real thing. Hey, that Kansas City magic is real? Over there? That Kansas City magic is real.
Speaker 7: I had three Super Bowl champs on my show this morning, Eric Weddo.
Speaker 5: Every Monday, we had Rob Nikovich, who's a New England Patriots two time champ, and then Sean Kings on every Monday, and they all were like, man, this is I've never seen nothing like this.
Speaker 7: Like the I know just came out I think and said something about the same thing, like it's catered to my homes.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's interesting, man, these calls are really really they're skeptical.
Speaker 1: They just get They get the benefit of the doubt more more times than they don't. Like the calls can either be a no call or if it is call, they can go. They get the benefit of the doubt a lot more than anybody else. But they've also won. But so you got here the thing I put I put him up there. I put him up there. I mean, you know, you look at Tom, you look at Joe, you look at Aaron Rodgers, Steve.
Speaker 7: What your guys, Cherry.
Speaker 1: I think this is a longer converce. I think this is a longer conversation that we don't necessarily have time for it. I just look overall, like winning obviously winning counts. You know, I think Aaron Rodgers was the one guy that was super town. Only won one, you know, super Bowl, but had a lot of talent. You know, you look at the Peyton mannings. I mean, it's just our era had a lot of great quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I think that the quarterback position is Achman. Yeah, that the quarterback position is is you know, with all due respect, not as strong as it used to be. So I think that's obviously a long conversation, but I think Pat is definitely up in that mix. Boy, and and it's still a long way to go career wise, So real quick, one word, who you got jack Chiefs? Chiefs minus one and a half.
Speaker 3: I never, I never go for the Eagles. I'm a Cowboy fan. I never.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's hard to bet. It's hard to bet against the Chiefs. Man, It's it's a pick me game. I know, you got a betting site that represents the show. I think it's a pick me game. It's it's it's anyone's ball game. So I mean, I'm gonna roll with a three p through and Andy Reid just getting over the hot. Plus, remember Andy had something to say. He coached this team in Philadelphia, So he would love to go out and beat their ass twice in two three Super Bowls. So I think that's another factor that no one talks about. So remember he was an Eagle for a long time. And I'm gonna go with the Chiefs to win a three pet man. I just I believe in Andy.
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm mm.
Speaker 1: One last question for you, get out of here, Miles Garrett. JB just requested a trade. He wants out of Cleveland. Where do you see him landing.
Speaker 5: If Washington is real and they're serious and they really want to win, they need to go do whatever they can to get Miles Garrett. That's that's what I'm thinking to go with that team that just just tasted a little bit this year.
Speaker 7: They tasted it. He gets he gets you over to up on defense. They need some defensive help.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good call, JB.
Speaker 4: I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Man. We'll have you with check back in. We will talk to you soon before we get out of here. Yeah, man, I'm with you, guys. I'm gonna I'm gonna take Kansas City. Uh. Going against Patrick Mahomes in the playoffs isn't good. I tried to do it last year with San Francisco didn't work out too well for me. Like you, I want to see you three P and I want to see him do it man, So we will see what happens this Sunday. Alright, appreciate you joining us, Jack. That's a wrap for Unplugged this week. You can catch on all the Smoke productions and the DraftKings Network. We'll see y'all next week.