Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sidelines.
Speaker 1: This he is hanging with the Boys, presented by Wingstuck where Flavor gets its wings.
Speaker 3: Now, your hosts, Nate.
Speaker 4: Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon Gross, you are looking live at Tostitos Championship Plaza outside Fort Center at the Star in Frisco, where at least the weather's nice. It's eighty six degrees, the highest eighty one, the highest ninety one.
Speaker 5: The low is seventy.
Speaker 6: Kurt, you gotta feeling for.
Speaker 7: Nate, He's Shannon, Chris is in the back. Jazz is back there, Josh is back there.
Speaker 8: Uh, what's hiss? Jazzy? Salt pepper, Salt pepper poppy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I am Kurt, filling in temporarily for his unspoken words. Together, we're the short talk. We're the talk here talking bro people.
Speaker 8: When we speak, show feeling for.
Speaker 5: Didn't bring us any water today? You got one for yourself. Don't pull it up.
Speaker 8: Don't pull it up. Jesus, Kurt, how many you called out last week?
Speaker 5: Didn't even introduce me and you.
Speaker 8: But but you called out last week you said salt and pepper poppy.
Speaker 4: I said, I started, yeah, okay, My question is should I did you do a.
Speaker 8: Podcast that we didn't know about it?
Speaker 1: You named like thirty seven guys on the Cowboys team because he the whole.
Speaker 9: I can't blame man.
Speaker 8: What what happened?
Speaker 5: Like Nate's trying to plug his head. Oh, by the way, we brought to you each and every day by a wingstop. We Jesse will joined us shortly.
Speaker 4: He's uh, he was detained a little bit, but he'll be here soon. So we can I mean, let's do we even have to.
Speaker 8: Not buy authorities? Hey, so you want to read Rosie shirt? So you know we can get out. I was trying to bring.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that the sun came up this morning, you know.
Speaker 1: And it's hey, let's let's fifteen more.
Speaker 5: Let's be realist, right, It's it's a lot of football left. It's the second game of the season. But it just it's I think.
Speaker 4: The most the most disappointing thing for.
Speaker 6: Me is here we are again.
Speaker 5: Here we are again.
Speaker 4: We second game, we come, we come out of the gate, and you know what, you even got Kurt to buy in the second game. He was, he was off the ship the first game. He came back on the the dark side. And guess what they did it to it? And not only did they do it to us, Like there are more questions now than there was before the season.
Speaker 5: After the Cleveland game, like you again, we don't know what the hell this team is.
Speaker 4: Like you can't score in the red zone two weeks in a row, right, your kicker? All right, we can don't say his name, Kurk, for God's sake, do not say his.
Speaker 3: Name, please, Kurk.
Speaker 6: Pick Baltimore this week.
Speaker 7: Just you don't have to worry about that, which which, by.
Speaker 4: The way, you know, by the way, Baltimore, I'm sure they're they're burning, they've got questions.
Speaker 5: But you know, week one we wanted to, you know, the fans wanted to. You know, Zimmer's the new.
Speaker 4: Coach, right, he's here we go. We're back to back to the promised days and the promised land.
Speaker 5: And now week two he was like get him out of here, right, like so so Naden and just a nutshell.
Speaker 4: I mean, because there's a lot we'll go through it line by line, but what what were just trying.
Speaker 1: To wait to Jesse get here man, because like I said last week, when I was talking to Kurt and I was trying to tell everybody, and I said, y'all, y'all heard me, Man.
Speaker 8: Different like Green Bay.
Speaker 1: They have a good offensive line and the scheme that mister kbac oh my god, he had Shahan oh. Yes, he had tight ends coming down on people. He had running backs coming down on people. He was running u outside zone, inside zone. He was giving you just enough of Taysom Hill in the short yard situation.
Speaker 8: It was just it was just nice.
Speaker 1: And they they took they took Parsonses out of the game. They they they everybody had a chance. It's like they put up a list of people that they wanted to touch Parsons I'm serious.
Speaker 8: Tight end got a piece of him.
Speaker 1: The tackles got a piece of them, Pulling guards got a piece of him. Running backs, all the running backs got to touch. They would say, this guy is not going to affect the game.
Speaker 9: He hadn't seen anything like that to get that.
Speaker 1: At first, I thought it was just a simple block down with the tight end. That confused me because I had do was go over the top. But everybody touching his kid, So he was he was out there like kind of like a wild deer kind of running, you know, running around like WHOA, where's it coming from? So I feel but what it made me realize, and I'm saying this, where were the other ten guys? That's not right? You see CD running around out there, almost got killed at the end of the game. Where is the other guys? This ain't a two man team, now, sure that that bothered me when I looked at it, I'm like, that bothered me. Where this is not CD on offense? CD on offense and this kid parsonal defense? How you gonna come in and say, Parson need to do more of the man? They it's like he walked into a landmine, like you know, who was gonna get it.
Speaker 8: But I'm glad. I'm glad my boy made that. I mean, he can get you more specific.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And they was just telling us how how impressive it was that he said New Orleans had had a bulletin board up and said, each one of y'all are touching Michael Parsons on every play he was getting hit by guards running backs. I tell you what, if I'm looking at that game and I'm mister Jones. I'm like, I gotta go get me one of them Tyson Hills. That dude, dude, he in the in the blocking game, he was blowing folks up.
Speaker 3: Like Jesse.
Speaker 6: We we hadn't gotten too far into it now.
Speaker 8: I was trying to be trying to slow it down. I just give him the highlight. What what inded in deepness? We're gonna start with offensive defense. You want to start on.
Speaker 5: It's just getting Jesse's overall high level thoughts.
Speaker 4: Now that you know you're back on the hate trade, he's taking that the belt.
Speaker 5: We'll go to break.
Speaker 3: That's what it was.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 10: And it was okay. So there's a difference between scheme and there's a difference between in the terms that Patrick Beverley uses belt two bottom, belt to tail, belt to tail. We can talk about the scheme great. A lot of this game came.
Speaker 3: Down to.
Speaker 6: Just better team. Whooped you butt?
Speaker 3: And they were saying and it felt personal.
Speaker 10: It felt like those dudes on the offensive line for the Saints.
Speaker 3: So I don't care who you put out there. We taking belt to tail, young boys, Luis foul overshown belt to tail.
Speaker 10: Your veteran, your ten year veteran, your thirty five year old, your three hundred and thirty, three hundred and thirty pound defensive tackle, Phillips, joseph Osa, whoever you want to put out there.
Speaker 3: We're gonna put a little belt the tail today.
Speaker 8: And it was.
Speaker 3: Down.
Speaker 10: It was from jump. I post some clips on our Twitter today. Go back and look at the first play of the game, the fourth quarter, not after you've been in a fight for a little while, not after you might be a little gassed. No, the first play Marse smith Ki's driven back nine yards.
Speaker 3: It was a tone that was set.
Speaker 10: Guys couldn't get off blocks, Guys didn't fit properly. I mean it was we can talk about all the things on the outside of the scheme, scheme, scheme, scheme, scheme, but when you break this thing down to its raw essence, to the place where Nate Newton made his living at, it was consistently recreating the line of scrimmage. Balls on the thirty running back is already seven yards back. He don't get touched till he five yards on the other side of the line of scrimmage touched. That means he traveled twelve yards of distance and not a soul got a hand on him, falling forward, tripping forward with no one touching him for nine yards. They went from first and fifteen to second and five, and they ran the ball. They went from first and ten to second and two, ran the ball. They needed three yards, they went and got five. They needed five yards, they went and got nine. It was what we wanted to do, when we wanted to do it to who we wanted to do it to.
Speaker 3: And however, is it sometimes it just.
Speaker 4: Is it just sometimes a matter of it ain't your day or is it a matter or is that a matter of because I mean think about it, because like because like if you line them.
Speaker 5: Up again next week, is that team just that much stronger?
Speaker 3: No, I'm just saying, if you Baltimore, you're about to know who bought them?
Speaker 8: Is who are the Saints from?
Speaker 1: Because somebody gonna stop them from rushing over one hundred and sixty yards?
Speaker 8: I hope That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: They just that much better. But let me they they what happened, what would cause this? Because I don't the Galbridge didn't look like they quit. They just look like they just got malled.
Speaker 10: This tooth like again to your point. Yes, there's some days when you just don't got you don't have it. But the scheme part of this, in what we try to talk about a lot of Dallas trying to adopt offensively was and I said this coming into last week, I said, you know when they do that motion, when they're motioning and emotioning again, it leaves your defenders indecisive. So now I can't play fast downhill because I'm thinking.
Speaker 6: So you're getting pushed a little bit.
Speaker 10: So not even that is that what And Nate can probably explain this better. When you're dealing in those trenches and you're dealing in that close proximity at the line of scrimmage, a half a step means everything. When that when that when that guard is is trying to get that cut off backside block. If I get you to step the opposite way, and now I get an advantage that now when I call to that second level that I'm in front of you, or a half a step, or I get you the thinking pause for just a second, I win. Well, you just can't free flow past my face and disrupt this thing.
Speaker 8: I win.
Speaker 10: That's what that motion does to you. And you saw a lot of it yesterday where it was a lot of belt to tail. But you saw moments in that game where where gods were just thinking and if you're thinking, you're not moving fast. And if they're if they're not thinking and moving fast and you are thinking and not moving fast, they're gonna win. Nine point nine.
Speaker 4: Percent of the time, was there, Nate, You're in your eye because you know this game.
Speaker 5: Was lost, won and lost, like you said on.
Speaker 6: The line of scrimmage for the most part, right, I mean.
Speaker 8: Not for the most part, for all of it. I'm being honest. Did we get a sack? We got one, right?
Speaker 3: Do you want to call that a sack?
Speaker 8: Yep?
Speaker 10: But I'm just saying he chased him out of you chased him out of bounds.
Speaker 3: It was It wasn't like it was a sack sack.
Speaker 1: You know, we were the team that was leading the league in pressures. I don't think we led the league yesterday in pressures. This was a whooping man. Like I said, I'm gonna gree with yet. Scheme was second to me because if we would have never played the forty nine ers, which we seen to play every year, we should have we should have some recognition skills. It's a muscle memory to something. I remember something to this, you know, so you you we we don't have a bunch of the rookies on the offensive man.
Speaker 8: Yeah, one corner?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, you played two rookies at linebacker. Yes to that. You played to the linebackers.
Speaker 8: I'm finna defend that.
Speaker 1: How would they gonna be involved if the defensive line was in They laugh?
Speaker 10: Nor your career, I mean there was. I mean you had you had two different linebackers make the same mistake twice and then let the touchdowns the same two plays that Alvin Kamara scored on. One time it was Lui foul, one time it was a Mario overshown. You got the guard balls coming, you gotta take on that outside shoulder. You gotta push that thing back inside because my middle linebacker is the guy that's coming.
Speaker 3: To scrape it. What do they both do?
Speaker 10: They both either took it head on or took it to the inside should of that of that of that guard.
Speaker 3: What did that guard do?
Speaker 10: Thank you kindly. I'm just gonna wash it down. And when I washed you down, you essentially just blocked your middle linebacker for us. So I'm just gonna wash it down, block you while blocking the middle linebacker, safety got blocked, cornerback got blocked. Alvin Kamara walks in for a touchdown twice.
Speaker 4: Our technical director in the back, Chris Beam, just wanted me to remind you that overshown technically is not a rookie.
Speaker 3: Oh that's right.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, that's right, A young guy. I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: I don't want to get pulled off there this information.
Speaker 3: I did that twice, you know.
Speaker 5: I just want to make sure people are coming at you.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 8: Ye're correct.
Speaker 1: We're asking a first year guy and a rookie to understand what guys that have been played for the nine Ers twenty times.
Speaker 8: I don't understand.
Speaker 1: I'm this thing was one and lost by two positions, our offensive line and our defensive line. And you can be the greatest, greatest guy in the world. And I'll use a for example. Troy has always been a great quarterback, but he definitely didn't look like one that time we gave eleven sacks to Philadelphia. It didn't look like you know what was going on. Once you get beat up enough, that's a linebacker. It was in there. I saw plays with Kendrick. Kendrick was like getting up. He a veteran, so he knew how to get up and try to recover.
Speaker 8: But it was.
Speaker 1: Points in at what he didn't know what was going on because he trying to read keys with guys in his lap, guys beating them up. So the reprieve probably was when they ran the screen. Dude like, I'm a stand over here and watch this.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm saying. I agree with you. I agree with you one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: But when you get beat up like that, they got beat up you. When you brought out the belt, that was that they.
Speaker 8: Got beat up. Bro, Go and look at the film. They got beat up.
Speaker 5: All right, I don't want to get beat up.
Speaker 4: So let's take our first break and plug some sponsors and then we'll be back on this glorious Monday.
Speaker 8: Nice shirt hanging with the boys. We got a glorious shirt.
Speaker 11: Hey, Cowboys fans, as official whiskey sponsor of the NFL. Well, it's not a kickoff without the generous spirit of Crownroyal, and that's why we've built the Crown Royal Rid, an absurdly awesome eighteen wheeler delivering the generous spirit to stadiums and tailgates across the country. Follow the Royal Rig on its journey from city to city, bringing together local cuisine, NFL legends, and the opportunity to pack a purple bag for charity and win tickets to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Crownrooyal dot com for rules and more. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 12: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even us pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 2: Prshcott kitschit schlides for the first down.
Speaker 12: Invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect.
Speaker 7: Throw My goodness, wow, did he ever read the needle?
Speaker 12: Visit blockchain dot Com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 3: How's wing stout?
Speaker 2: Sound?
Speaker 13: Crispy juicy classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauceed. Tossed in those eleven soul satisfying players paired with handcut season fries housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop range and of course spicy Cajun fried corn.
Speaker 8: I think you've heard.
Speaker 13: Enough, get your flavord delivered at Wingstop dot Com.
Speaker 14: Hey, Cowboys fans, a twenty twenty four football season is here and set gig is here to help you experience.
Speaker 13: All the action.
Speaker 14: Seed Gig makes it easier to find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season. Whether you're buying or selling tickets at Cowboys football games or to any other live event, seed gig is the place to do it. Seat gig is the official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys. The most disruptive idea in ticketing a ticket that works, expect the expected.
Speaker 3: Seed Geek.
Speaker 8: Back to Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 5: Well, welcome back to the second segment. I Hanging with the Boys brought to you each and every day by a blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 6: Thank you blockchain dot Com and Kurt Yes. If you're feeling a little down today, I need something. Maybe you need to go to seven eleven for you a little pick me up.
Speaker 4: There they're teaming up with fanatics to give you the chance to be a VIP at next year's Fanatics Fest. From now until October the twenty ninth, use the seven rewards app at Pump eight to check out and be.
Speaker 6: In her for a chance to win.
Speaker 4: When picking up products like get that, let them off, Slurpy, big gulping tiketos, no purchase necessary terms apply.
Speaker 5: There you go not doing the sound effects today.
Speaker 6: I don't want to.
Speaker 9: Enough of that, Yester, enough.
Speaker 6: Facts, all three of them. That's up, the Taketo, Slurpy, the big gold. Here it comes again?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 7: Can I ask questions based on the last as we were wrapping up there a little bit, Yes, sir, you were talking about the linebacker's not setting the edge. Was it their fault that was causing that trouble because they lived on the edge all day? Or was it or defensive ends not all of them.
Speaker 1: The corners had chances to come up and set the edge and didn't do a very good job. I mean they outflanked us a lot of times just on who was pulling or who was going in motion, and we didn't go out. Our defense was set and they didn't step out a lot of times. You can ruin the play like Jessic come in motion and stop right there. Well, I'm gonna take two steps this way. So when you do take your two steps, I'm already out here. I just come up feeling and set the edge. I ain't gonna say head up, not when I know I got outside leverage and I'm the last man of defense before the sideline. So a lot of times instead of us suggesting over, we thought we was already there and it caught us. We stayed where we was a on a tackle when a tight end came out and said it just kind of set yourself straight so you can take on this block and at least fight it and pressure to the outside. You stayed tilted and they just hit you right in your ribs, look right off your feet.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So we were talking in the break. We do talk about football, and sometimes we talk about more football.
Speaker 4: During the break that we do on the actual show. But one of our questions today was what happened to overshown right? Because I looked up somebody asked me I was watching the game.
Speaker 5: Was they like, is he heard? Is he playing today? I was like they were like, what number is he?
Speaker 4: I was like, I think he's thirteen and he's you're right, he's not in there, and I got the kid.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 5: It was like it was like, you know, when we a hero in this second quarter?
Speaker 4: I guess Chris chimed in said he only played seventeen plays, So y'all were explaining why that was.
Speaker 10: So yeah, shout out to my boy Jeff Cavanaugh. We talked about this this morning and we were just looking at some film and breaking things down. If you go back and you look at what the Cowboys did in training camp. Okay, the Cowboys did in training camp is in base for me, and their base defense, which primarily means when the opposing team is in either twenty one or twelve personnel. They used Luisfoule as the base linebacker, right your base defense, and then when they went to your three wide receiver sets and they got a little bit more funky. You brought in overshown. And what the Saints did yesterday was the Saints were like, we're just gonna stay in base and we're gonna use Taysom Hill all over this thing. So they they kept Taysom Hilling and they just considered him defensively as a fullback, which means Luis File's on the field because they're in base defense and the Saints. I told you guys this at the start of the week. Last week, you name the personnel, the Saints ran it twelve twenty one, eleven, thirteen, twenty two. I mean, they were the mixture of personnel that they were getting. And now you don't want to run any guys off the field. So Louis Fowle got a lot of those snaps because that's what they did with Loui fil in training camp. That's what they did with them, what they did come they ran out in preseason, they didn't. They ran the same way last week what Louis file was in base and then when they got into three wide receiver sets, overshown came in.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 10: The Cleveland Browns played more of those sets. You saw more overshown. The Saints said we're not going to play a lot of those sets, so you saw more Louis foul.
Speaker 4: So do you think and just hearing you guys talk about the little the little nuances of the game, the leverage and the assignment and you know, running back, coming through and the motion and you've got to get outside this shoulder, do you think this was maybe just an example of you forget after week one that you have a whole new defensive coach and court and scheme and everything.
Speaker 5: Is this just.
Speaker 4: A another team that schemes on offense so much crazy stuff and you're still really trying to learn this defense that things didn't match up. Or is this just like you said earlier, just you just got blown up?
Speaker 8: This is.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to reason.
Speaker 1: This is what I think, this is what I think, This is what I saw. Cleveland was methodical. They chose not to run the ball. They have an excellent running back and forth that excellent running back. They chose not to run the ball. They chose to come out and give you just a set. They didn't want to do the motions and all that they come out, and they were methodical in who they was. Their defense didn't even do the things that we know that that defensive coordinator can do to you.
Speaker 8: They were kind of well, we were bragging that, hey, we didn't.
Speaker 1: Use all our offense, we didn't use all our defense. Well, Cleveland didn't show us a quarter of what New Orleans showed us, and they didn't show us all the offense with the base look that he's talking about, except with the one guy we can never make the adjustment with that was Taysom Hill. Now, defensively, they moved, they gave us some funky looks. They moved around so but offensively that that that motion set up a lot of things. But then they did not count on the physicality and the running that New Orleans did.
Speaker 8: That's that's just my belief going on.
Speaker 10: They didn't, I mean, and that's where it all when you start talking about when you look at these numbers as far as what the Saints did, where we have our oh, here.
Speaker 8: We go, second page, Here we go, here we go, here we go.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we're talking about four point nine yards to carry guys talking about five yards pretty good, talking about damn it, five yards a clip. That means I went to public high school and I went to a public university. Who some people say that we didn't take right classes. I call them liars. But five times two equals ten.
Speaker 6: Technically is four point nine?
Speaker 3: Well, we're rounding up nine point eight, we're rounding up depending on the spot.
Speaker 8: He had seventeen different places he stayed.
Speaker 7: He did.
Speaker 10: You're from the trailer park, so.
Speaker 5: It was you run the ball twice and you don't have to worry about it.
Speaker 10: You're starting running back. That was five point eight yards to carry, yeah, okay, and and and to have one hundred and fifteen yards rushing. His longest run was fifteen yards. They were just clocking you over the head all up and down the football field. And then their quarterback two hundred and forty three yards went through the ball sixteen times. Like it wasn't like there was like there wasn't this lopside of thing that was happening. Like you just got worked defensively, you got worked offensively. All right, the jig is up. You do not have running backs, period. You don't have your creativity offensively. Your running back room is below subpar. You you didn't even know.
Speaker 3: There was a series of plays where it was like third and one.
Speaker 10: But before that play they took they tried to deduce Vaughn experiment. They ran deuced inside, then turned around and ran Zeke outside on a on a sweep.
Speaker 8: And I said that is where I was confused. I said, what that is where I was confused.
Speaker 3: It was the hardest one yard I ever seen. He got to get his life.
Speaker 6: He's fighting.
Speaker 1: They threw him three flare passes. Most he got was three yards. Shouldn't that have been thrown to deuce? I'm just saying he dialing up the wrong the right play with the wrong cat. I mean we brought I thought. This is what I thought when I was defending Zeke and coach McCarthy. Is he gonna be our sledge hammer twenty three is gonna get them tosses? And if you do dues, we're gonna flare him out so he can use his quickness.
Speaker 8: We did that kind of like why is he running in side?
Speaker 3: We got dukes running inside. We got the smallest dude.
Speaker 8: On the football.
Speaker 10: Yeah, running inside. Then on top of that, you're not gonna win many football games if a defense can say, okay, offense, we're gonna just rush for and get successful for one, stopping you running the football, getting pressure on your court, and we're just gonna drop the rest of these seven guys back in the coverage and make you sift through all this nonsense. And if you don't have anything, because because right now it's looking like ceedy Lamb.
Speaker 3: And a bunch of numbers.
Speaker 9: So this is.
Speaker 10: It looked like CEEDE Lambs City Lamb, and it looked.
Speaker 3: Like CD Lamb.
Speaker 10: It looked like CD Lamb and a bunch of dudes. And so if now, if you're not, if you don't have the ability to challenge anybody to their safety, is never. At no point time they were like, hey, God, you gotta come run support for what. We're gonna stay back here. You're gonna run the shell coverage, keep everything in front of us. And they played the percentages. They said, if you get the ball on the twenty yard line, we're not afraid of your running game. We've already shown you. You've already shown us that you can't run the football effectively. We are confident that our front four will be able to hold that running game down.
Speaker 3: So we'll play the percentages.
Speaker 10: We'll say that you can't get from the twenty to the goal line without taking a sack, missing a throw and throwing an interception.
Speaker 8: Or something for loss or hit for loss.
Speaker 3: We'll play percentages.
Speaker 9: How much of that is the offensive line.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of the offensive line that belt stopped on that line.
Speaker 3: The trenches were won by New Orleans.
Speaker 10: And they just said, don't worry, we'll just sit back hen wait and sure enough, and even the Cowboys they had some drive that they went down because you think about they scored. They scored four times in a row field go feeld go feel go touchdown right, But they get down to the red zone and then they have a series of brooks. Missed the block right on the little ship, just sweep. That would have been good. No before that CD and Dak miscommunication should have been a touchdown.
Speaker 8: What happened.
Speaker 10: Maybe the guy was in training camp in practice anyway, miscommunication Right then you got the miss block and then you take a sack and the ball skirts all the way back. So now you're in the red zone and you have three out of the five plays that you run in the red zone their negative plays. Kick a field goal. You know what I'm saying like this is you. You at times you had no problem moving the ball. That's what I'm saying. Offensively, it was it as bad as it felt. You got in the red zone and those issues came up one touchdown on the last six quarters for the Cowboys in the red zone.
Speaker 1: See, you know, people ask me about see this is what I remember. You know, if people asked me, hey man, you think he could have made a seventy one yard and I look at everybody on the street.
Speaker 8: You have asked, man, why can't we just score six?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 8: I really don't want to see him kick.
Speaker 1: Yes, I know his name Aubrey, and he earned that right, his name is Aubrey. But if I got to see him kick a seventy one yard that means we ain't doing nothing.
Speaker 4: And you could tell, yeah right from the jump, like field goals ain't winning this game?
Speaker 3: No, Man, when you down twenty one to three before you look.
Speaker 4: Up, you could you could tell after that second score like three three ain't cutting it, Like you have to make a thirty threes to win this game.
Speaker 5: Third, all right, let's take our our second break.
Speaker 8: When we come back talking, Ravens.
Speaker 5: Belt still on the table.
Speaker 8: I want to hang it with the.
Speaker 1: Bully too, so let's get at him.
Speaker 3: There is no eye in Dallas.
Speaker 14: There is no eye in heart, either no eye in blue star or a lone star for that matter. And there's no eye in how about them cowboys? Smeirenov knows there's no eye in football. Football is a wee thing, an experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks.
Speaker 3: Home are away, We.
Speaker 14: Rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because there's definitely no eye in Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Fans smear enough we do game days.
Speaker 14: Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 13: How's Wingstop sound? Crispy juicy classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sausted tossed in those eleven soul satisfying flavors, paired with hand cut seasoned fries, housemade honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop range, and of course, spicy Cajun fried corn. I think you've heard enough, get your flavored delivered at Wingstop.
Speaker 2: Die Fall is here, and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it. As you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kiro's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamoli made with real hass avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouth watering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section.
Speaker 14: Grab some today, Hey Cowboys fans, A twenty twenty four football season is here. And seed Gig is here to help you experience all the action. Seed Gig makes it easy to find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season.
Speaker 3: Whether you're buying.
Speaker 14: Or selling tickets a Cowboys football games or to any other live event, seat Gig.
Speaker 3: Is the place to do it.
Speaker 14: Seat Gig is the official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys. The most disruptive idea ticketing a ticket that works. Expect the expected, seed Geek.
Speaker 15: Hanging with the Bulls, Welcome back to the show.
Speaker 4: The final segment, Nate's trying to hijack the show show over man.
Speaker 8: Maybe we started to show we could do the game over.
Speaker 4: No, I came back up that far thirty six minute back to the final say we brought to you by Jigsaw, the proud dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Thanks Jicks, got fifteen more games.
Speaker 8: That's great.
Speaker 4: So you know what you say, Rich, there's there's nothing. We were talking in the break again and it's like.
Speaker 8: You know, saying's got lucky.
Speaker 4: I don't know how to feel because if this was a scheme thing, then you would say, okay, maybe the blueprints out or maybe you just maybe it's one game.
Speaker 10: There is scheme in this there is some scheme, there's a lot of and then that that blueprint is out. Anybody from the Kyle Shanahan tree has that blueprint.
Speaker 8: And they did a nice thing yesterday on TV show And.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, who who who else part of that Kyle Shanahan.
Speaker 8: Or they had a nice tree out Kyle.
Speaker 10: Kyle Shanahan the QB to get through to get right now? So right now, who will face that kind of run? I think it's six opponents that run that Kyle Shanahan offer that we have to face this year. We just faced one. Do we play green Baity, you know we'll play green Beaty. No, you got Kyle himself. Detroit runs a kind of similar system to that. Houston runs a Bobby Slowick runs it.
Speaker 3: Who else?
Speaker 10: They said, there's about six games that run that style of the Shanahan offense.
Speaker 5: They only got it.
Speaker 4: They only got one more lost because I picked him to go ten and seven. So it's just chalk those six up right now. If it's anything like it was yesterday.
Speaker 8: Lost, y'all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was surprising. That was very surprised.
Speaker 8: But I just try.
Speaker 5: To just keep going back to it's only week two. A lot of football.
Speaker 4: Left, ye, and you definitely didn't think that the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: You better be glad you got us now New Orleans called, but six weeks from now, we're gonna be rolling.
Speaker 5: And most of us, most of us or somebody y'all laughing. You see both of them smirking and laughing. A lot of us had them at one and one, right, but we thought they were gonna.
Speaker 4: And win against New Orleans. Nobody had the Ravens oh and two coming in here, right.
Speaker 6: I think most people would.
Speaker 8: Have them at at AFC.
Speaker 5: So you know it's not time to panic yet.
Speaker 4: But if you if you throw another one up like that here in the next couple of weeks, then.
Speaker 10: Boy, you're gonna desperate football team coming to town next week. Yeah, you're gonna do You're gonna hold you.
Speaker 6: You get running.
Speaker 5: I know we're gonna do this later in the week. How's their running game?
Speaker 3: And they don't use Derek Henry enough. I think that'll change next week.
Speaker 4: Well, this week coming, I don't come in here this week and just go you're touching the ball thirty times no matter what, and we're running.
Speaker 5: Guess where we're running.
Speaker 4: At right right off this guy's right hip and right off this guy's left hip, and just stop it and then you know, maybe we'll let Lamar run for one hundred every once. You know, I don't, I'm not.
Speaker 7: They're averaging five point seven yards at Carrie, who is in Baltimore.
Speaker 5: That's Jesse.
Speaker 4: That's one plus one equals the first down, right, So you just.
Speaker 7: They're giving up two point seven yards per carry.
Speaker 3: You gonna get a mad football team. How we are, Matt too. I hope that we're Matt.
Speaker 10: It's funny that you find out things that's not just Dallas. They were leaving the game and uh, the Baltimore fans were screaming and yelling at I think. I think it's Kyle Hamilton. And anyway, he has a podcast. He does a weekly podcast, and they're screaming.
Speaker 3: Steff that damn podcast. Man, tell hem't do that podcast. So it ain't just Dallas. It ain't just us.
Speaker 1: You know, a burning me though, and it shouldn't because when you're the victory of all the sports I believe in that, you know, you know.
Speaker 8: Hard to win this, Yeah, it's hard to win.
Speaker 1: Boy.
Speaker 8: They showed the Saints they was. They had the music.
Speaker 1: Banging and they like locking boom boxing us man, they know.
Speaker 5: What you know what they did they they eli manning this.
Speaker 8: After the game.
Speaker 5: They took over our locker room.
Speaker 8: Remember when he said the wall, yes said he didn't.
Speaker 5: They took over our locker room and they had their party in the boom.
Speaker 10: They had second They had second line parades outside of Arlington with the with the big trombone.
Speaker 7: There.
Speaker 10: Yeah, where I did my pregame and postgame show at a spot called Canvas and Deep Bellamy.
Speaker 5: There's a man migrated.
Speaker 8: They was. They were everywhere.
Speaker 5: They shut down.
Speaker 8: They told my white friend, honey, come on down in New Orleans. That may not be safe for you. Didn't come down just to get beat up.
Speaker 4: Kurt, pull up your pull up your show rundown real quick, because I want you to. I want you to item number three.
Speaker 6: I don't want to.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna bring it up, but I think it's a great stat.
Speaker 9: The Lamb city, Lamb or wide receiver star Ward receiver.
Speaker 5: And then we talked about it before the show.
Speaker 7: There's actually and if you want to say, Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott, the real core of your offense. They all now have more tackles than Matty Smith does.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 6: For the season.
Speaker 9: For the season, they each have one. Mosey doesn't have a tackle yet.
Speaker 8: That's tough. I didn't bring that up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's tough. It's tough when he plays safety. It's tough with Masi playing safety.
Speaker 9: Pedaling boy.
Speaker 5: So what's the what's the light at the end of the tunnel?
Speaker 8: Here? Is there one?
Speaker 3: This one is one football game.
Speaker 5: One football game in week two.
Speaker 3: It's done.
Speaker 8: Just bury it and it's done now.
Speaker 1: They can't bury it because the defense. Well, back in the day and I hate to bring up back in the day because it's not back in the day. That would that would be a team film this early and see it was late in the season and you had eleven twelve wins. Bad day, bad day, early in the season. This is where hey, Fellaws, team meeting. I'm going to watch the film. Offense watch defense, and defense watch offense. We're gonna watch this together.
Speaker 8: That's what we would do.
Speaker 1: Watch it together, and we would say, Fellas, we're accountable to everybody in this room. So uh, everybody watched it, and I'm this is one thing I didn't see yesterday everybody went flying off the handle. It's just guys getting beat one on one here and there. So you know, hey, these are responsibilities. Watch this film together. Let's understand what each man doing. Get through this film together. It's a long film when you watch it like that versus offense, defense breakup and then each team break up and watch their own sales, you know, the offensive line, defensive. I will watch this film together at least a half, because it was thirty seven points in the first half.
Speaker 8: I would at least watch your halves and fellas. We cannot have this again.
Speaker 7: That's the concerning thing is like Mike I said after the game, it wasn't Zimmer's scheme. It was no, it was hundred percent not giving one hundred percent effort b sing he said some of that. If that's if it's an effort problem, then it's wild.
Speaker 10: How you know when those veterans came over and they said, you know about this scheme, if you just do what your your job do is gonna help somebody else and them for one doing their job, they just weren't doing their job. And what's gonna make this what's gonna turn this thing into a scheme? Thing is, and this is how your scheme is affected because you may want to do certain things right with your what your what your with your axes, and but if your Jimmy's and Joe's can't get it done, I'm just sorry. If your defensive tackles are playing at linebacker depth, they guess what your linebackers are playing at safety depth. So what you're running into now is you've you've essentially blocked yourself. You've not allowed your linebackers to free flow.
Speaker 14: Right.
Speaker 10: That screenplay, honestly, is like the screenplay that they had that that Alba Kamara went I think it was like sixty five hours and he went for a touchdown. When you go back and you watch it, damn good play. They had the right call at the right time. The Cowboys ran like a little we called a green dog or the lay blitz, and they ran it from the side and the screen came out the other side. It was one of those things where they had the perfect call.
Speaker 5: That's what we talked about last week. You just look up and go, oh, this.
Speaker 10: Is this is They had the perfect call like that call for that if there was one defense that you did not want the Cowboys to run in.
Speaker 3: It's that call was the one that they ran.
Speaker 5: Well, what do we want to do tomorrow? Do we want to take calls?
Speaker 3: Do we even I do want to hear from the people?
Speaker 6: Yeah, tell us how you how do.
Speaker 5: You feel two weeks in?
Speaker 6: Because you you you.
Speaker 4: Won one in one good one really you know, promising fashion and one and.
Speaker 5: Not so promising.
Speaker 10: We got it like throughout this week, like red zone has to be talked about. The Cowboys are on that trend again. Didn't have a good red zone red zone performance last week, didn't have a good redond red zone performance.
Speaker 8: Well, there's this week.
Speaker 5: Two common themes the last several years.
Speaker 4: The common theme on defenses you can't stop the run, and the common theme on offenses you can get to the twenties and you you can't score.
Speaker 10: That's what your boy, right. Red zone stuff, touchdown stuff one touchdown. He does have the one long touchdown in the red zone the last six quarters to zeke.
Speaker 9: Yeh, don't have any touchdowns in the second half.
Speaker 6: Two games in.
Speaker 5: All right, let's take phone calls tomorrow, call us let us.
Speaker 1: Let us know how we're gonna really take phone calls that we're just gonna cheat these people and then with two minutes be hey, tell you we got the thing back.
Speaker 5: There, Chris, Let's do the whole show tomorrow.
Speaker 8: Okay, I'm just wondering if you're really gonna.
Speaker 5: Take Honestly, I don't want to talk about the game.
Speaker 3: And I got food coming for us Wednesday from.
Speaker 10: This week and next week from two really dope listeners, and they want to make sure we get enough food to send home with you. To mister Michelle, I'm just saying, is this coming from a computer. I've been waiting sweats I've been waiting two seasons for I'll been waiting two seasons for those sweat pants.
Speaker 3: I'll be nickedive.
Speaker 8: That's a good saying.
Speaker 5: You put your belt back on curtain. Good sind thanks for keeping us on the air.
Speaker 3: Jail ourselves to have the cheese. Say, don't bite the cheese, don't drink the kool aid. Go get these hang them around it.
Speaker 10: Don't get this belt. This belt is pretty expensive, but go get a belt. Hang it from the ceiling, because that's what got happened to y'all.
Speaker 5: See you tom are call us tomorrow.
Speaker 8: Let the belt heh you.
Speaker 5: We want to know how you feeling won't hanging with the boys.
Speaker 14: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.