Speaker 1: Wow, everybody, It's Thursday, March fifth, twenty seed, twenty sixth. Welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast. We're just talking out loud for no reason. It's being your man, NAMG Marcus Grand joined by Michael Florio and Lakwan Jones. So this is this is our last show before the Frenzy. The free agent Frenzy happens Florida. You and I will be in it. You know, you and I will be doing a hits each allegedly during free agency Frenzy. We even made it onto the graphic, which is kind of cool. Like I didn't think we'd make it onto the graphic.
Speaker 2: I was excited.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, there's like fifty heads in that graphic, but I was excited to be one of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was cool, especial because I always feel like sometimes I get done dirty with like promos and stuff like I don't know, man, if you ever watch the NFL Fantasy Live commercial set.
Speaker 2: To say it, but I know the exact commercial you're thinking of.
Speaker 1: They cherry pick quotes and they put them together and sometimes you know, just like, hey man, why'd you put those two quotes together? That makes me sound weird? Big, fast, strong guys. Apparently my wife ass. My wife laughed at that endlessly for a while. For you go on because you're you're a good morning football so you're on like before things really get going, Like you're kind of the call before the storm in the morning there. Huh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, some things leaked through. I mean, honestly, last year, I remember things falling through right before us getting on there at five am, and then we're reporting about it in the A block. I mean, I can't wait, man, Like, it's already some movement going on, and I feel like we're in for a good free agent's frenzy. So let's let's roll, all right.
Speaker 1: Cool, So we will finish up our run through the divisions with the AFC and NFC West, uh, you know, kind of going through who's got what to spend and maybe some potential fits for them.
Speaker 2: But we do have quite a bit of news.
Speaker 1: That has happened since the last time we spoke to you.
Speaker 2: Starting with something that broke this very morning.
Speaker 1: The Chicago Bears have decided they have seen enough of Denniston Moore Junior, and they are sending him to the Buffalo Bills. Oh did you not know that? Yeah, that's that's that's his government. We love the governments more or sitting to the Buffalo bills For what is being reported as a second round pick. It's Dj Moore and a fifth round pick going to Buffalo. A second round pick is coming back to Chicago.
Speaker 2: So Florial Josh I in theory has his receiver right.
Speaker 1: They've been looking for a number one receiver for a while for him, and it seems that they got their guy. I know, the immediate reaction on social media, because social media hates everything, is the bills overpaid.
Speaker 2: But your initial reaction to this deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't care at all what people are saying about an overpaid. Look, if you want to have discussions on how DJ Moore fits and uh what he still has to provide and all of that, we could have those conversations. But like, as someone who lives and dies with this team and has watched them extremely closely, DJ Moore is going to be the best wide receiver to step on the field with Josh Allen since Stefan Diggs and I do love how it's. The conversation is like, well, DJ Moore can't play. He had a down year last year. Over the last two years. Okay, there's something did change in those two years the quarterback and he put up better numbers on like a per target basis than Roma doonsday. So is Roma doonsay washed?
Speaker 1: I mean depending who you ask. Somebody out there might.
Speaker 2: Say yes, Dad, it might be listening in. I think he's gonna play a lot of the X.
Speaker 3: That's what he did with Joe Brady in twenty twenty and twenty twenty one, which, by the way, he had a ton of success each of those two seasons, his best two year stretch in the NFL, not his best individual season, but his best two years stretch. And even last year right like, he played sixty six percent of the Stamps out why twenty eight from the slot, four percent from the backfield. He was highly rated and all three aspects went on the field. He can run the big boy routes that no one on the Bills really could last season.
Speaker 2: So now this this.
Speaker 3: Pushes Shakir to be he could play in the slot a lot and not have to be the focal point of the passing game. Same thing with Dalton Kincaid. So those now become secondary weapons. And then you have Coleman and Josh Palmer who you can move around. But my favorite part about this is DJ Moore can move all over the field, which means it's not going to be like last season where key On Coleman was the X and Shakir was in the slot and Palmer was the why and there was really no moving these guys around. Now all of them are versatile and they could all kind of move around the field. You could use a lot of motion and and as a deep bault, right, DJ Moore rated better last year than any one on the Bills, So I think naturally DJ Moore is going to get a bump because it's a huge quarterback upgrade, less target competition, but I also think everyone else, like from a Bills fan standpoint, Yeah, maybe this isn't aj Brown and that was like the Crown Jewel, but this is still a big upgrade. And I think for the next two years he's gonna be Josh Allen's go to number one option.
Speaker 1: So this does actually beg a couple of questions. I mean, first off, I think one DJ Moore going to the Bills, it sort of creates a separation, right, Like, I don't know the Bears were completely happy with what they've gotten out of Dj Moore. It felt like Ben Johnson was struggling to find ways to use him. I mean, you know, they were trying to put him in the backfield and have him run routes there just to try to get him open. It seemed like DJ Moore at times was frustrated with the way things were going. Maybe less so this past year, but certainly the stories a narrative of him and his body language and that sort of thing. That was a story. So now he gets to a place with a fresh start. He certainly doesn't lose anything in quarterback, probably gains a little bit in terms of what he's getting at quarterback in Josh Allen, and he goes to a place where he is, in my mind, the undisputed top target in the offense. And that was not a thing you could say in Chicago last year, whether it was Romo Dunes early in the year, it was Colston Loveland later in the year, Djbore was always battling with somebody for targets. So, now that we've kind of cleared the deck in that regard the Kwan, how far are you pushing him up the draft board?
Speaker 2: Third round? There you spend a second round pick on DJ Moore, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think third round seems viable with the situation he's in.
Speaker 2: Is that too high? Is that too low? Is somebody gott to reach for him in the second I like the third round, Like I could see myself taking him on the board there and again he'll be a wide receiver too in the offense with an elite quarterback. Finally that we haven't seen DJ more have this with him, and I feel like at the end of the day, we're getting somebody that's versatile, that can win on all three levels. I mean, God, you're getting Josh Allen's rocket arm with somebody that can separate vertically. Like this is DJ's more dream spot. Again, I would have been happy if it was aj Brown, but again it wasn't. I would have been happy if it was Alec Pierce. But this is a huge difference maker for DJ Moore in Buffalo, where this elevates him to wide receiver one production once again and again having the familiarity with Joe Brady because they spent time in Carolina in twenty and twenty one. This is not going to be something like he has to learn an entire new offense. This is something that he was very productive in back to back seasons. He had a thousand yards over seventy yards from scrimmage in back to back seasons with Joe Brady. So it's like we're getting somebody that already is going to be in a situation that is going to be comfortable, going to be the obvious one where the gap between him and the rest of the team is far far, you know what I mean? Like, I love Klos Shakir, He's my guy. He still remains as Josh Allen's most reliable target. But this is going to be what's going to get the Bills over to helme and possibly get to the big dance, because again, taking them off the board in the third round, we got to understand who's probably going to be there. The tet Row McMillan's of the world are probably going to be there, or these rookies that are going to be coming off the draft board earlier than they should be. So I like Dj Moore in terms of what he brings to the table and talent being that he has an elite quarterback throwing him the ball. How can you not like that or even try to take a shot at that as somebody that's probably going to be on your team as a wide receiver too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, I okay, you mentioned Tech McMillan. You're on the board. You're on the clock. Tech McMillan and DJ Moore are there. Who would you guys rather have Dj? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you flip their quarterbacks, I would go the other way.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: That's what it comes down to.
Speaker 1: No, that's a hundred percent.
Speaker 3: While we're on this trade, I just want to real quick, Luther Burden is absolutely gone.
Speaker 2: I would be a.
Speaker 1: Very next question. Like I feel like Luthor Burden. If you didn't you weren't one of the sikos who were doing Bestball drafts right after the Super Bowl and you didn't get Luther Burden, I feel like now the price is going to be so insane, Like that's price.
Speaker 2: Imagine it's not today's price. He so you guys like I.
Speaker 3: Loved him, like I was pounding the table when when he was a polarizing prospect too, like like people had strong takes each way. I loved the kid, But I was digging into his stats a little bit this morning. He the highest passer rating when targeted on the Bears when lined up out wide, lined up in the slot, and on deep targets, and he led the Bears in yards per target, yards per route, yack per catch, and catch rate. Like I understand catch rate is probably because his air yards were pretty low. But I mean he could win downfield, he could win after the catch, he could win out wide, he could win in the slot. And Ben Johnson targeted this guy knowing they had the other receivers there, so he's gonna get a lot of hype.
Speaker 2: I'm just wanting to go I'm going to be one of the people doing the hyping.
Speaker 1: I'm just the draft price on Luther Burden is going to get out of control. What will happen is right now, especially through March into April, it's going to be really, really insane. It'll start to calm down a little bit because again we'll wake up on a random day in May and some other guys getting hyped up and getting pushed up the board. But man, it's going to go crazy on Luther Burden.
Speaker 2: I mean him, Colston Lovelin, you're gonna have to pay up. Yeah, Loveland is probably the tight end three. I'd imagine I mean I would imagine now, yeah, I think so.
Speaker 1: I think he absolutely is at this point.
Speaker 2: And I again totally understand why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm gonna shuffle around our rundown here a little bit, just because we're talking wide receivers at this point. You mentioned Stefan Diggs being the best receiver that Josh Allen has had during his ten year.
Speaker 2: He's a free agent.
Speaker 1: The Patriots have moved on from him after one season, so he is out there. He's also facing some legal issues, so we don't know what the resolution to that is going to be. I mean, somebody takes a chance on Stefan Diggs, right the Jets, I feel like the you know, the Anakin Skywalker pad may meme, somebody takes a chance on him, right right.
Speaker 2: I don't know. There's some all field issues that he obviously has to deal with, and I think that a team will probably just wait it out until that's resultd But honestly, like when we talk about teams that don't necessarily have the weapons, like the Jets, Raiders, et cetera, et cetera, like who needs a wide receiver? A veteran he may be on his way to the retirement home he might be a Titan, he might be a chief. Hell, you might be a raven. I don't know, but I do feel like you know, now it's going to be quiet waters for Stefan Diggs until you know, he deals with what he has to deal with all field, So who knows. Don't think that he's going to be fantasy relevant this year. He won't find me taking him off the board. But again we see how that falls out.
Speaker 1: The Ravens would be interesting only in the senses it gets him back home in the state of Maryland. Maybe that's yeah.
Speaker 3: I can see him going there, and then next year he'll be somewhere else, and then the year after he'll be somewhere else.
Speaker 2: His couch, his couch and his couch.
Speaker 3: There's a reason why, right, Like in the last three years, three different like he could still play, but teams are moving on, which I think tells you a lot about the behind the scenes and.
Speaker 1: Stuff, right yeah. I mean, at some point when you're you're, the chaos that you bring with you starts to you know, even out or exceed the production, then it's easy for teams to move on. Speaking a wish and I means to put this in the Rundown, and I forgot. We are two days away from the seventh year anniversary of maybe the greatest fifteen minutes in sports Twitter history, the fifteen minutes or so in which Antonio Brown was a Buffalo bill.
Speaker 2: I remember that night vivid.
Speaker 1: March seventh, twenty nineteen was the day which that happened. I remember it hit fairly late on the West coast. I mean it was probably nine to ten o'clock on the West coast when that happened. The trade went down, everybody went nuts, and then you know, less than half an hour later, the reports are Antonio saying I'm not going to Buffalo the deal with all. Yeah, So the anniversary of that hits on Saturday. I just wanted to just want to mention that. That's all other interesting wide receiver news news ish. The Eagles still sort of engaging in AJ Brown trade talks. They say they want a first rounder and more for AJ Brown. Look, I get it, if you are the Eagles, you don't need the trade AJ Brown. If somebody is going to pony up and give you the moon for him, then sure you make you make that deal. But in the meantime, you're fine holding on to him. He's still a very good, talented receiver. So I mean saying all of that, Florida, do you believe that A. J. Brown's actually gonna get traded this offseason?
Speaker 3: I think the DJ Moore trade has a big impact on it because if you're getting a second round pick.
Speaker 2: For DJ Moore, and I know when the Eagles were.
Speaker 3: Like, we want a first plus, people were like, yeah, I want a lot of things, but like, no, they taste that. It'll be like DJ Moore went for a second. You guys know, I love AJ Brown. I think he was one of the best wide receivers in the league.
Speaker 2: So there are I do think there are.
Speaker 3: A lot of teams out there with that would pay that price to get AJ Well maybe not a lot, but there's a few. But yeah, this is a tough one to figure out because on one hand, like the Titans make a ton of sense, but they're not going to get up the fourth overall pick to go and get him.
Speaker 2: The Bills I think were the one that.
Speaker 3: The Eagles were kind of banking on potentially being the team to move him to. But yeah, if you're end up going into the season with AJ Brown, you're completely happy as an Eagles. In fact, I would be hoping for that if I was an Eagles fan, because you're better with AJ.
Speaker 2: Brown than without him.
Speaker 3: I know how he has excelled at drafting, but you're not drafting in AJ Brown, and at least not for twenty twenty six, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I also have seen a lot of chatter about people expecting this to be a huge breakout year for Devonte Smith even if AJ Brown stays around. So that's kind of something to maybe think about. Who knows, sure, that's another conversation for another time. I would take a quick break, come back on a few more news headlines, and we'll get into our AFC West NFC West previews. That's next on the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast. A couple more news items down in Atlanta. The Falcons are parting ways with Darnell Mooney. I don't know, que it feels like Mooney kind of got did dirty a little bit.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we talked about this he.
Speaker 1: Had with a broken collarbone that that was never disclosed, and then everybody, you know, the fans looked at it like why isn' Darnell Mooney producing?
Speaker 2: The Falcons seem to be like, why is it Darnell Mooney producing and then there's.
Speaker 1: Like somebody leaked out like, oh, by the way, he broke his collarbone in the preseason, so the then suddenly the light one. I was like, oh, that's why Darnell Muley is not producing, and now they're moving on from him. I would think at I think he's a twenty eight twenty nine at the oldest has been productive. I would think out que there's gonna be a market for Darnell Moody out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a home for him. I think honestly, when we think about Darnall Mooney, it goes back to Chicago of where like he was forced to be a one at one point and then he showed that he could be a solid two in Atlanta, and I think, you know, this past season was kind of unfair trying to like grade him off of that being then he was banged up. So I think there's plenty of teams that we're going to talk about today where donoh Moodey could still be serviceable and go out there and contribute to an offense. Like I do think at the end of the day, it's all of like how much is that price going to be for him. I don't think you're going to be breaking the bank for him, but a one year deal man, just have money go out there, you know, B or two or have rotational three. I don't know, man, I mean la, I mean why not. I'm happy with darna in the Mooney in terms of what he's able to contribute to the field. Again, nobody is the Rams. Are the Chargers the Rams, We don't have knowledge San Diego Chargers, man, but they can share the stadium. But anyway, we looking at Darnau Mooney.
Speaker 1: Unless your son, you're saying that.
Speaker 2: It's my son's fault, shout out the mason, it's his fault. But I do think at the end of the day, when we think about Darnau Mooney, I always go back to him and Kirk Cousins and connecting deep downfield and being one of the guys that we were really surprised like for a couple of weeks for fantasy, like Yo, Darnam Money's going out there putting up some points, getting them off the waiver wire. Like I think Darnah Mooney still has something in the tank.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Curiously, where he goes, somebody's going to sign him and he's depending on the situation. Definitely gonna have some later round fantasy values. Always that guy that shows up every few weeks of the year where you're kind of glad that you threw him in a flex spot or something. So I think that's gonna.
Speaker 2: We're best ball. You're glad that you drafted him. The Falcons wide receiver room, though, behind Drake London is absolutely disgusting. Oh it's bleak, David Sills, baby, it is absolutely that's gonna. He's gonna get a.
Speaker 1: Ton of targets. I mean, no, you're you're You're probably not wrong. Kevin Sefanski will work something out for him. A couple of franchise slash transition tag updates. The Colts do apply the transition tag to Daniel Jones, so he is not going anywhere. He'll be back in Indianapolis, which I don't think anybody's surprised by that. I think the only question was whether he got tagged or whether they, you know, sign him to a new deal.
Speaker 2: No team is going to match that tag. Nobody's going to try.
Speaker 1: No, nobody that. I just have a question, y'all, can we stop disrespecting Michael Pittman, because every we talk about the Colts. You guys are all like Alec Pierce and I sort of and I get it. But when Daniel Jones was healthy, even before he started Daniel jonesing before the injury, Michael Pittman was the guy he targeted the most. And I know the counting stats favor Alec Pierce, but I went back and looked at it, and Daniel Jones was hitting the deep ball at really what I think is is an unsustainable rate, right, I mean he was. He was completing passes to Alec Pierce, who's averaging like twenty one yards of catch, completing passes to him at like ten percent over expectation. I just don't buy that Daniel Jones can keep doing that. Whereas Michael Pittman, I know it's not sexy, but it's steady. He's got a decent catch rate. He was more of a touchdown scorer than Alec Pierce was. Like, I just want you all to put some respect on Michael Pittman's name.
Speaker 2: Please. Pittman is good. I that's it does period good. Natalie is not excellent, He's not above tears.
Speaker 3: Alex Pearce isn't that Alec Pierce, though, has an elite trait. I think that is why Daniel Jones was hitting having such success on the deep ball, because Alec Pearce is one, like is truly one of the best field stretchers in my opinion.
Speaker 2: The thing about Pittman.
Speaker 3: Is I kind of hate the way they use him because they don't give him any like, like, maybe if Alec Pierce leaves, which I'm.
Speaker 2: Starting to think is very much so the key.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: He was talking yesterday on Kay Adams Show about all the different landing spots he could see himself playing for and stuff and uh saying that he wants more targets and so maybe they start using Michael Pittman more downfield if Alec Pierce is gone, and I think Pittman can bounce back and kind of get.
Speaker 2: Back to what he used to be. But that's the thing with Pittman is like he's good, he's I don't know.
Speaker 3: He excels at like contested catching the intermediate portion of the field, but like, I don't know, I also just don't really love Daniel Jes so like I I'm probably not really going to be I mean, look, if Pittman continues to be cheap, then get me on board. But if he's going as like a wide receiver three, there'll probably be other names in that area that I could talk myself into, more.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen to answer to this question. If Ale Pierce Leeves is Josh Downs, and that's really what it is, it's Josh.
Speaker 1: Air yards per target, Josh Night, Josh Downs, mister extended.
Speaker 2: Handoff, Josh Downs. If you're frustrated of how they've used wide receivers, Josh Downs needs to be more frustrated than a Michael Pittman, because Pittman, we've seen these last couple of years be utilized in very different you know, situations as a deep ball guy, as an intermediate guy, as the X, as the Z, as a guy you put in motion. We have seen it all and he's just good. He's nothing above that. And when we look at Josh Downs the way he can provide to a Daniel Jones, a guy that can operate out of a slot and out wide and when underneath and separate, that's everything Josh Downs is and that's all my hype was before this season even started about Josh Downs being utilized more in operating as a wide receiver too, but again, when you have it Alec Peers, who's elite at what he does, and I think you can't really beat that. So the gap between Alec Pearce and Josh Downs is there. But when we look at Pittman, Josh Downs when he was healthy, when he was bowling those first six to eight weeks, he was out performing Michael Pittman. He was doing things that Michael Pittman wasn't able to do in his role. So I look at this is if Alec Pearce leaves, I'm not interested in a Michael Pittman, I'm not interested in anybody else other than you know, Josh Downs that would throw a late round dart on and he ends up smashing his ADP.
Speaker 1: That feels like the same argument of like let's put the backup quarterback in Like you don't know he had a good preseas I knew what I knew. You want to fix your lifts to say Riley Leonard, you were going to fix your mouth to say Riley Leonard, I.
Speaker 2: Knew like you did. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't I think Josh, like you said, a late round dart throw. Sure, I think I'll outperform that I think he's better than he gets credit for. But I don't think he's a one by any like I think Pittman is is better than Downs.
Speaker 2: No, he will never be labeled as a one, treated as a one, but he will be their most reliable wide receiver to where he'll be getting you the fantasy relevant weeks versus the up and down roller coaster that Michael Pittman has put his in since his back injury.
Speaker 1: So I think I think Josh Downs is more of the roller coaster in that one.
Speaker 2: The floor is very low. It's his usage one, and then the injury kind of put a bump in that where he started ramping up. And again, you gotta stay healthy. That's what it ultimately comes down to at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: Well, that's fair. I just want to go to respect Michael Pittman more. That's all.
Speaker 2: Respect.
Speaker 1: Riley Leonard. No, that's not gonna happen. The Seahawks, befort ly are not going to use a franchise tag on Super Bowl sixty. MVP Kenneth Walker that's actually his full name. Now, from from now until the eternity, he's going to be Super Bowl MV Super Bowl sixty Kith Walker the third.
Speaker 2: Cloria with Seattle really let him walk? Would they really move on?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think the fact that they didn't tag him kind of indicates that, because I think if they were going to keep him, they would have tagged him just to kind of cover. They got a lot of players up in the air this year. And as much as I like Kenneth Walker, and I know I'm not alone on this pod, but let's not forget, they didn't really use him like they did in the Super Bowl and in the NFC until Sharbonay got hurt and he was a committee guy with them, and he's gonna get paid a lot now, So I think they're going to pick other positions and other players that their potentially could lose to prioritize paying before a Kenneth Walker.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I expect Walker to be in a new uniform next year.
Speaker 3: I think the Chiefs are one that would make a whole lot of sense.
Speaker 1: But yeah, he I just.
Speaker 3: Want I think a breakup, though, could be a good thing, because clearly Seattle didn't view him as work course every down kind of running back. Let him go somewhere that does view him as that and gets him involved in the passing game.
Speaker 2: Lets him be used near the.
Speaker 3: Goal line, because last year, I think the playoff run in the Super Bowl is putting glass like rose colored glasses on it.
Speaker 2: Last season was extremely.
Speaker 3: Frustrating for Kenneth Walker fantasy wise, and I was writing him up weekly as sits at one.
Speaker 2: Point in the year, and there it was like week.
Speaker 3: Eleven or something where I was like, Sharboney is averaging more Fantasy points per game and has outscored him more weeks than not.
Speaker 2: It was just so frustrating the way he was.
Speaker 3: Being used that while I think we all are gonna remember the most recent thing because it's what happened.
Speaker 2: But this could be a good thing for Kenneth Walker in my opinion, But I.
Speaker 1: Look at it as not just the most recent thing, but also, yeah, they used him a lot more when there was no Zach Sharboney.
Speaker 2: There's not gonna be any Zach Scharboney next year.
Speaker 1: At least for a long part of it.
Speaker 2: They'll bring in some sort of bully back.
Speaker 1: You know there's gonna be I don't expect the Seazax Charbonnay in twenty twenty six. If we do, it's gonna be late in twenty twenty six, So yeah, I don't know. Again, I just talk about fake football for a living. We'll talk about the Seahawks in just a little bit as we get through our AFC and NFC West previews, which we will start right after this break. So stick around for more of the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast, diving into the American Football Conference West as we start getting ready for free agency, which hits in Let's see do the math one, one, two, three, four, five, six sleeps until it actually opens, four sleeps until we can start legally tampering with players. That's when it all happens, in reverse order of finish in the division last year, the Raiders, the Chiefs, the Chargers, and the Broncos. The Raiders need a lot of things. Fortunately, they have a lot of money to spend. They have about eighty five and twenty seven million dollars to spend, and I guess you know, if maybe Mark Davis hits on that table, they can spend a little bit more.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I'm pretty sure he's not allowed to do that, but.
Speaker 1: Well why not. I mean, if he's there on his own time, I'm going by the rules and regulations that we have to read and sign every year. He would not be in a sports book. He would be on his own personal time, right. I mean if he just decided to put eighty five point seven million dollars on black and it hit right, like, yeah, gee, i'd it's the Raiders though, right, Like they're silver and black. You can't put it all right. I get the Chiefs are your biggest rival. You can't put it on red. Yeah that is, But also, you know, I guess in the rules of the salary cap it probably doesn't quite work that way, but in my head, that's how it works. Their needs involve quarterback, wide receiver, offensive line. Quarterback. We are pretty sure is going to solve itself with the very first pick in the draft when they take Fernando Mendoza. So next up is wide receiver. We talked about Darnell Mooney. That's the first thing that sort of pops into my head. I know he's an older guy, but Darnell Mooney seems to fit right.
Speaker 2: But they already have a Darnell Mooney there. They have Trey Tucker, they have a Deontay Thornton. They already have these field stretchers. So it's like I would hate for him to go there just to be another face in the crowd. But I mean a guy needs to get paid on the table.
Speaker 1: So then if that's the case, then then who does fit there? Right? If they have too many field stretchers, that that takes out your your boy, Alec Pierce. You know, there's no Darnell Mooney. They're definitely not gonna they can try to spin from my gas from be like nah doing that.
Speaker 2: I was thinking Keenan Allen. I mean again, we all want him the ride into Sunset to be a Charger, but we've already seen him in another jersey in Chicago. I mean why not. I think at the end of the day, the Chargers did need to figure out what they're going to be doing, you know what they're young developing, you know, wide receivers. I think if they move on Keenan Allen in Vegas, why not.
Speaker 1: Give me an excuse to go dig out that old photo of him wearing a Raiders hat when he first got drafted.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, oh do.
Speaker 1: You remember that? Yeah, when he first got drafted by the Charger, somebody Doug it was like a picture of him and I don't know if he's in high school or like early college. But yeah, it's like him, you know, drinking a like an in and out shake, wearing a Raiders hat or something.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I've never seen that. I think Juwan Jennings would be a really good fit there as well.
Speaker 3: That's interesting, a chain mover, possessions type of receiver who is clearly trying to get the biggest back possible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could see that. H Yeah, Just you know, don't again until they figure out one quarterback, which again I think they will have figured out or at least they'll have an idea about in the draft, and the offensive line. I mean that to me is maybe the biggest thing.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's a mistake. I'm already operating as if Mendoz is their quarterback.
Speaker 1: I think most people are. Yeah, I think most a are doing that as you should.
Speaker 3: You got to get him a reliable one. You know, you have Bowers there. But I agree with OQ. You have a field stretcher in Tucker. You want to get a possession guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I guess that's that's kind of what it is. How interested could be in drafting a Raiders receiver. I mean they're all late round kind of not very.
Speaker 2: No, I mean dark thorough, sure, why not trade Tucker was serviceable for a couple of weeks, but not every week guy. He's Yeah, he's a better and bestball guy in my opinion. Remember he exploded in like week three or four. It was very early in the season and nobody had him.
Speaker 1: That was the last that we heard from from us. How it works for most of the year. Yeah, I mean it's just for me. There's a lot going on with the Raiders, at least a lot needs to be going on with the Raiders, but it really starts with getting the offensive line fixed. Those those five guys were, again, someone who's a lot funnier than I said that the Raiders offensive line was sort of like the paper that you run through at the tape that you run through at the end of a marathon.
Speaker 3: Aren't bad, you know, like you just gotta be able to to keep the quarterback upright and create running lanes And.
Speaker 1: Said, I know this is necessarily the point of the discussion. Ashton jenc how highre you drafting him this year? With click qubiak, it doesn't make it interesting. He kind of moves up.
Speaker 2: I just feel like that old line is such a huge red flag that we ignored last year, and we kind of saw the outcome of that. But I think the second round is not a bad place where he goes off the board. I can understand why I would take him in the second round.
Speaker 1: We're over that first round fever with him right like, that's no, yeah.
Speaker 2: I can't do it because you got James cookoo's moving up in the first round now, and like we have Derrick Henry who's still in that conversation, Like these are the backing in the first round, guys that I much rather have than Ashing Genty. To be honest, if.
Speaker 3: They use a lot of that cap though and bring in like it's gonna depend on that old line, because if they use that money to just like completely rebuild that old line, then I think you could be cooking with fire there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just I was curious kind of how we're feeling about him.
Speaker 2: But I do agree.
Speaker 1: I think round two the Chiefs right now about eight and a half million dollars over the cap. Although you know I wrote that down before the trade with the Chiefs sending McDuffie to the Rams or a haul of draft picks. Let's sneed back on his FM picks deal again.
Speaker 2: And see do we trust so?
Speaker 1: I again the eight point six million dollars over was before that I should probably go back and readjust. But either way, they're not gonna have a ton of money to spend. I think we can sort of agree on that they need a running back. They need they need an actual primo level wide receiver, not this collection of sort of you know, it's like they got a bunch of clones right now, right they do oerbolts like Avengers, A bunch of guys who are fast, not necessarily big, all kind of do a little bit of the same thing. Don't necessarily do any of them to an elite level. That's kind of what it is. I don't know about you guys, though, I think despite Patrick Mahomes saying he's working out and he's rehabbing and he's trying to be there for for week one, this feels like, I don't want to say, a punt year, but kind of a rebuild year. Right. It's even if Mahomes his back, it's get him strong and healthy again, fix the flaws, fix the holes. And I think for me, the Chiefs are more of a twenty twenty seventeen. But I'm curious as to like where they where they go to fill some of those holes, and if they do it in a free agency.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I'm falling for it. You know, like what we thought that when they got rid of Tyreek.
Speaker 3: We thought that numerous times with the Chiefs before, and they always find a way. And they still have all their usual cast of characters there that I think make them special, from the GM to the head coach, to the to the the enemy is back to spags like they got the band back together. I understand you're I was thinking about this the other day. I was like, has Mahomes won his last Super Bowl? Like, I'm not going to say that, but the Chiefs are going like remember Tom Brady had to like his second three peat or not threepeat. His second run of three rings with the Patriots was a completely different group of people and stuff. So the Chiefs are kind of in that, and we saw Aaron Rodgers go through it, like because quarterbacks naturally play the longest, so you have to change everything around them. I get the concerns, Marcus, and I don't think they should be viewed as like the favorite.
Speaker 2: Coming in, but I'm also not counting them out. There's two things here. One is Travis Kelsey playing? Two what are they doing with the ninth pick?
Speaker 1: It seems like she is. The longer this drags out, the more I think he comes back to play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I think that's the biggest question mark, Like is he playing? And then what are they doing with the ninth pick? Like that wall determine everything else will fall online if we're believing in the Chiefs again, but like right now, it's like updated cap by the way, twenty four million that they have right now after to McDuffie, Trader ask for her over thecap dot com. But at the end of the day, it's like, I don't feel like I'm drafting any wide receiver from the Chiefs this year. I mean, Rashid, you know, Rice seems like, you know, there's a lot of all field distractions again as well, we don't know how that's gonna unfold. And at the end of the day, Xavier Worthy, he's so one trick pony. We haven't seen much fantasy relevance and consistency in him. So who else is there to really take off the board for a chief Because again Patrick Mahomes. They say he's eyeing Week one. Who knows if he's there week one. Man, he is built in a lab.
Speaker 1: Differently, I mean, look, you know he's he's got access to better healthcare than the three of us.
Speaker 2: I still think he's going to be out there week one. That would be amazing. I don't think he's going to be running as much as he did this last season, but he's no. If he's ready for a Week one, that is amazing.
Speaker 3: You can, I think at the quarterback position, you could hide it easier than in any other people.
Speaker 2: You can put him in the.
Speaker 3: Gun if you want, you tell him not to run, you get rid of the ball out of his hands very quickly. And I just I think he's gonna be That's nine months too, which is about the period it takes to recover.
Speaker 1: And if they can do something to patch up the running back situation, then that lessons his need to run. He ran a lot last year because they just couldn't run the ball. Remember we kept talking about on this show, how many weeks have we talked about Patrick Mahomes was Kansas City's leading rusher. It wasn't until I think late in the year that Kareem Hunt finally passed him in Russias like forced.
Speaker 3: I did go on insiders yesterday and I made a case for not running off Isaiah Pacheco, and that case was the Chiefs O line because he was.
Speaker 2: On a per touch basis still their best running back.
Speaker 3: I just think, if I'm the Chiefs this year, my focus is on improving that offensive line, like it's been brutal now for the last couple of years, and it's been holding them back.
Speaker 1: Always. I come back to this, right because one of the needs is wide receiver, and for years we hammered the paid Streets and Bill Belichick for being bad at drafting wide receivers, and the Chiefs have been bad at drafting wide receivers. Just let's go back twenty twenty five. Past year, they drafted Jalen Royals in the fourth round. All right, Oney is the fourth round guy, so the expectations sort of lower there, but it's also one year, so whatever twenty twenty four is if you're worthy of first round pick. So far not great. Twenty twenty three Rashi Rice round two talented guy, dan't stay on the field for various reasons.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty two Sky Moore. Yeah, ooh, there's her name.
Speaker 1: Twenty I mean, look, Sky Moore is a good punt returner. That's kind of what he's got going for him right now. Twenty twenty one, Cornell Powell in the fifth round out of the league. I'm twenty nineteen second round me Coole Hardman, twenty eighteen, sixth round, Tremont Smith twenty seventeen, ja hu Chesson in the fourth round, not in the league. Twenty sixteen round, fourth round pick on DeMarcus Robinson, who's been fine, serviceable, but not DeMarcus serviceable.
Speaker 2: Right, that's something to see, you, I know.
Speaker 1: Wild Also in twenty sixteen, in the fifth round, Tyreek Hill, who they drafted more as a special teams guy and not as the outlier. They didn't draft him to be the guy that he became. So you go all the way to twenty sixteen for them to have drafted a wide receiver that really worked out at all, and that was sort of they kind of backed into that one.
Speaker 2: It was masked by them winning Super Bowls though, so it didn't matter.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean, they just they have not done well when it comes to drafting wide receivers. The Chargers I feel like they mostly just need offensive line help, and even that is they just need their guys to get healthy more than anything. They need Rashaan Slater back healthy. They did Joe Alt healthy like that changes a lot for them.
Speaker 2: They need a backup running back for sure. Yeah, I think that's definitely needed because Kamani Bydell is a free agent. But yeah, they need some money back there for Hampton.
Speaker 1: That's true, and that's that's something you can definitely find on the free agent market. You can go out and get yourself a decent free agent running back without spending a ton of cash. Not that they got a ninety four point six million dollars to spend. They got a lot of money they can spend, so the Chargers could actually sort of load up, get that whole lot.
Speaker 3: Let Mike McDaniel draw all those plays for Lad McConkie.
Speaker 1: Here we go, not on the anti Land McConkie campaign. This show man, I'm a buy I'm by i'mna make some T shirts. I just say, lads, lads, and we can all wear them on the show together, so it'll be so cute the three of us this year. Lads, lads, lads, that's gonna be us for sure. The Broncos twenty point nine million dollars to spend. I think for them it is definitely wide receiver. I think they also could probably go out and find themselves another running back. But you know we're talking about this, was it earlier this week or last week? They are pretty much signaling to us that they don't think RJ. Harvey is a front line back, that he's a complimentary piece at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've seen his limitations and I think that's evident. Like I keep trying to, like wish List Tyler Algier, there even a Sean Tucker who's not going to be turning back to the Bucks what it kind of looks like. I think Harvey, we could still utilize him as a handcuff and as a backup running back because he still has that home run ability. But again that's only for the best ball crowd. But when it comes to us who do weekly lineups and starts and sit, it's going to be hard to see RJ. Harvey in starting lineups, sharing the backfield because again, I don't think that they believe that he's going to be their end all, be all RB one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's it. And we also have the added wrinkle of Davis Webb as a first time play caller orchestra in the offense there. It should be interesting. It's just it's such an unknown. We have no idea. Well, will how much of the Sean Payton stuff will he keep?
Speaker 2: How much of his own stuff is he going to bring in there?
Speaker 1: We we have no idea, and it'll probably take us a few weeks to actually kind of figure it out.
Speaker 2: Do they low key need another wide receiver, though, like they absolutely need a wide receiver?
Speaker 1: I think they do.
Speaker 2: I mean'll move Courtland's son.
Speaker 1: I mean unless unless somehow Davis Webb just leans into you, I don't know, take your pick, Pat Bryant, Marvin Mims, Franklin, Trey Franklin, you know, I mean unless unless they just lean into one of those guys. I mean I think they.
Speaker 2: Do, you know, because Sun has been a guy. But like again we've seen him disappear many weeks.
Speaker 1: Suddenly is a above average wide receiver. But I don't think he's a.
Speaker 2: He seems like a patriot to me. I don't know why. He just seems like a patriot or a chief or something like. I don't know, maybe not the Chiefs, but I do feel like at the end of the day, like Courtland, Sutton hasn't delivered as d one in a Sean Payton offense these last couple of years. Like again, we've seen more out of Troy Franklin and his breakout, and then Marvin Mims gets sprinkled here and obviously a huge Pat Bryant fan, Like I think he takes a step forward next year. So it's like, where does Sutton fit and all this with Davis Webb Cole in the plays?
Speaker 1: Now? Yeah, I mean I think he's he gets a pretty heavy target share, just because again, until one of these other guys establishes themselves as a true you know, kind of go to pass catcher. Who else do they really have to throw the ball to consistently?
Speaker 2: Is Evan Ingram a free agent?
Speaker 1: I think? So? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, let's get John Newsmith there. I'll be happy.
Speaker 3: No Isa, like I want to get Oh yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 2: That'd be good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd like that a lot that man.
Speaker 2: Let's get John new Let's running back one more time.
Speaker 1: That happened?
Speaker 2: Come on retirement home, which is like.
Speaker 1: We have is there is there a tight end retirement home. That's what we got to be, right, There's got to be one. So honestly, it might be Denver.
Speaker 2: Thinking about it, you might.
Speaker 1: You might be right. It very well could be Denver, Is it? Oh man?
Speaker 2: It is?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: They get no other team. It's Wherever shown Peyton is. That's where old tight ends go.
Speaker 1: It might have been New Orleans previously, so yeah, I could be Denver. Now that's hilarious. All right, we have four more teams to to talk about as we get to the NFC West. Continuing our free agency preview as haphazard as it's been. That's next on the NFL Betasy Football Podcast, wrapping up our free agency previews with the NFC West Division in reverse order of Finnish Cardinals, forty nine Ers, Rams, and the Super Bowl champion Seahawks. For the Cardinals, well, we know they need a quarterback because they have told Kyler Murray that they are going to release him, which I mean, I forgot to mention that during our news segment. I think I was like shuffling things around and I forgot to get to that. So I guess let's start there though, right, Kyler Murray gonna hit the free agency market. Immediately, everybody was just like, you know, doing the whole squid word meme and just Viking just pointing right at him.
Speaker 2: Is that where he goes?
Speaker 1: I thought the Dolphins could maybe be interested if they can figure out how to unload Toua. I don't know what for you, Floria, what is the best fit for Kyler?
Speaker 2: I think it's the Vikings.
Speaker 3: I think he put him there with Justin Jefferson, with Addison, whatever's still left of t J.
Speaker 2: Hockinson and Koc more than anything.
Speaker 3: Right, Like the play caller, I think that is the best play caller he could pair up with, and it's gonna call so cheap that like, the Vikings have the ability to bring him, and the Dolphins would, I mean anyone would.
Speaker 2: Because he's gonna be signing for the minimum, it sounds like.
Speaker 3: But to me, it's just the best play caller, best weapons around him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, KOC would have to make some changes to his.
Speaker 3: Scheme because it's a lot over the middle and Kyler has struggled there at times.
Speaker 1: But I.
Speaker 3: Think that is what's best for Kyler Murray to kind of rejuvenilize it.
Speaker 2: Did I say that right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You know what I mean, though, his career kind of like a Daniel Jones did when he went to Minnesota. You know, like I think KOC, even if it's only for one year, could help get the most kind of get Kyler back to what he was a few years ago when we were all very excited for him in fantasy.
Speaker 1: Side note, I don't know if you guys saw the story that was floating around last night. A's general manager Davids said.
Speaker 2: That they would welcome Kyler back.
Speaker 1: Kyler, who was a you know, obviously the number one overall NFL draft pick, but was a was the number nine overall pick in the twenty eighteen Major League Baseball Draft. Kyler actually did sign with the A's, got a signing bonus before he decided he was gonna become a professional football player. But the A's were like, hey man, we you know, talked to his baseball reps.
Speaker 2: The door's open if he wants.
Speaker 1: To come back and play. You know, I don't know if the I feel like, if you've been playing NFL football and getting an NFL salary that like, I don't know, riding the bus in like Ogden, Utah's probably not going to be a thing that you're interested in doing. That's just me no that I don't know. I'm just trying to think, like where I'm looking up the uh, you know, the A's farm system, Like would you go to like Midland, like just just riding a bus in Midland, Texas or something.
Speaker 2: I wish they would let him do it for fun in the spring, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Yeah, yeah, I mean Loo they are Triple A teams in Vegas.
Speaker 3: Like you, you could play baseball until June and then come report back to camp.
Speaker 1: They're Triple A teams at Triple A teams in Vegas. He could, you know, at least he said, you beat a big city like you know, live it up in Vegas.
Speaker 2: He'll stay in shape, He'll stay in shape.
Speaker 1: Why not? Anyway back to the football thing about it though, you when the news hit that he was getting released and the Vikings were possibly interested, lakwan, you immediately said, does this mean Justin Jefferson is a first round pick? I mean, if if Kyler does land in Minnesota, are we back to.
Speaker 2: Top eight top seven for for Justin Jefferson?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think top eight is reasonable, being that again be such a huge gap and upgrade from JJ McCarthy what we've seen this past season, and I think obviously we can tie and paint that picture of Koc being a quarterback whisper, a guru, being able to rejuvenate these quarterbacks' careers. Why not. Like I think when we look at Justin Jefferson and his struggles last year, it wasn't target share, it wasn't him, It was just a matter of him getting the ball. And then we've seen Kyler be high in the completion percentage area to where we can see that he could make the right right decisions extending plays and connecting with the wide receiver one was something that I've knocked Kyler Murray for multiple years since the DeAndre Hopkins And when we look at what Justin Jefferson is and what we put him in that elite tier, I think this will definitely be the huge upgrade that you know, the Vikings need at the quarterback position. So yeah, Justin Jefferson he gets back in that top eight conversation. I still think I would rather, you know, at Jamar Chase Pokin Nakula. I would even argue, you know, when we get into the middle round, if on raw or even a CD Lamb like, these are the questions that we'll have to ask ourselves if you know Kyler would be the Vikings quarterback.
Speaker 1: There's a conversation not on this show, I mean that on this episode about whether or not I'm on Ross Saint Brown is undervalued with just the the things he's just done last year, over his career, what he has done, and you know the fact that we talk about the top receivers, it's certainly the NFL, but especially in fantasy. You know it's immediately it's Jamar, it's CD, it's Pookah, it's you know, Jefferson for the most part. But you know then it's like somehow same Brown is hanging around it like picked twelve, and then when drafts him feels there and feels great about it because it always seems to work out. He's come a long way from the days of our power, Matt Harmon calling him Bud like Cooper Cup. It's just it's a long long way from there. The other thing that the Cardinals probably need, I mean, obviously they need a quarterback at this point, we know that, do they I don't know where where do you go? Because I guess you can get somebody for cheap. You can get just a bridge quarterback that's not gonna cost you a whole lot unless you think you're just gonna ride. But you go be preset this year because there's nobody in the draft that's gonna really change your fortunes.
Speaker 3: They think they're gonna have Malik Willis. That's it's there's so much smoke connecting those two. There's a little the floor connection.
Speaker 2: Uh. Shout out to our boy, Matthew Berry.
Speaker 3: He wrote his uh, his rumors he heard at the Combine article, and one thing he said he heard more than anything was thirty million dollars for Milik Willis to be the Cardinals quarterback this year.
Speaker 1: More I hear stuff like that, the more I'm just like, this is not gonna work out.
Speaker 2: Come on, that's my good night.
Speaker 1: I understood, like I understand the fantasy perspective of it, and that part I think is intriguing. I just I don't know, man, It's just it feels a guy who in four NFL seasons has six starts through one hundred and fifty five passes, and like now we're like talking about giving him thirty million dollars and asking him to be a franchise quarterback, like that just feels like it is doomed to failure in real football.
Speaker 2: Our guy Kurt Warner said he's watched all one hundred and fifty five you know, passing attempts, but he said, there's really only twenty eight dropbacks that are worth watching without the screens and everything else, and then he's going to get back to us. So I'm curious to see and watch that and his thoughts and trying to really understand where this thirty million of year is coming from.
Speaker 1: Thirty million dollars for twenty eight throws, man, Like, that's scary. That's scary.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's that's really really scary. And again, look, I feel like they have to make a move at the quarterback position. You need somebody who's coming in with that type of upside. Obviously, you know Mike Laflor now calling the shots. And I do think that Malite Willis would be a great order back for them. But will this be the hump? Will they be competing in the division? Will they be able to knock off a giant like the Rams? You know? And like I say, stick with Chakobe said, I'm sorry, did I black out?
Speaker 1: Did the Rams win the Super Bowl this year, I'm sorry who won the Super Bowl? Wait?
Speaker 2: Look, remind me. We're onto a new season.
Speaker 1: The Patriots and the oh yeah, the Seahawks.
Speaker 2: The Rams are the giant of the West.
Speaker 1: You know it.
Speaker 2: Stop, it's a new season. Who is more strapped in the quick didn't even get to the big starts till next week.
Speaker 3: The bo.
Speaker 2: Season is over once the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no no no no, no no no, because if the Rams had won the Super Bowl, we would not have been moving on with the next season. So no, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: Next year Seahawks game happens.
Speaker 1: We're not doing that much.
Speaker 2: Barking best, really, Ben Barking.
Speaker 1: Of course you are like your team and you're start working like you don't understand the rules of this.
Speaker 2: He almost got.
Speaker 1: The other thing that Cardinals said. I think they need they need running back help. You know, I know we've always loved James Connor, but at this point, after another poor one out for him, after another season where he missed most of the year because of injury.
Speaker 2: So good the year before though, man he was he was great.
Speaker 1: But you can't keep running back with Michael Carter any Maury de Mercado and Bam Knight or so.
Speaker 3: I've read a lot of rumors these last few days and weeks, so I don't remember where I read this one, but it said they're going to cut James Connor. They're open to bringing him back for a cheap deal, but if not, it said they want to go with Trey Benson and then like another a cheap powerback. Like I don't expect them to invest a ton into the running back position, but I do think with didn't than it did last year.
Speaker 1: It's gonna have to. It absolutely has to.
Speaker 2: I'm saying ricco' daddle lands in Arizona.
Speaker 1: That's not a power back though I mean, I mean he would fit, I guess, but he's not a power back.
Speaker 2: He would fit, And honestly, Trey Benton thought Trey Benson. I like him a lot because again we talked to him out to be one of the top prospect running backs. But availability is your best ability. And once he started revving up, that's exactly when he got injured. So it's like, come on, man. So he's definitely gonna get some help in that backfield. It's not going to be all his Cardinals with almost.
Speaker 1: Thirty nine million dollars to spend, which, by the way, everybody in the division is has a decent amount of money to spend, which is sort of bad news for everybody else around the league that already the NFC West was just an out and out brawl with all these teams, and now they all have room to go out and get better potentially.
Speaker 2: That's that's in the West. Everybody else. The Seahawks, sure, forty nine.
Speaker 1: Ers, I have about twenty three million dollars to spend. I said, their biggest need is an etsy witching.
Speaker 2: A new practice facility, not an next to a power plant.
Speaker 1: Right, So what I didn't realize until well into this whole conversation is that they've been playing that they've been practicing that facility for years. The injury things are the last few years. So like, I'm not buying the power plant thing anymore, Like it was, like it was probably always ridiculous, but but it seemed to make more sense if they had just moved there, Like the fact that they've been playing practicing there forever, Like there's there's something else going on.
Speaker 2: But you guys always are like the most hurt team in the league. Exactly, so there has to be some type of you know.
Speaker 1: It's it's been that way, but it's really just been the last three to five years they did has been that way. So like if they've been practicing there since, going back to like the nineties, like okay, man, like, it's not the it's not the power plant. You know what.
Speaker 2: I hope you guys stayed there forever.
Speaker 1: Don't leave. It's for sure. Anyway, he's just a myth. I'm not talking to you right now. The other thing that I does really need is wide receiver help. Obviously, Brandon Ayuk, you know you're gonna be a Steeler or a commander one of those still in.
Speaker 2: The team website by the way. Oh yeah, I mean because that's the new league.
Speaker 1: He has not officially a free agent yet, but he's gone. I can't imagine then ring back Juwan Jennings, who I think sort of his heat check didn't work out, trying to get more money that he check didn't quite work out for him, So I can't imagine he's going to be back. But they can't survive on Ricky piersall alone, especially with George Kittle hurt and expected to miss a good chunk of the season.
Speaker 3: Is this gonna be the off season when Ricky Piersoll says he's no longer a forty nine er and he wants out?
Speaker 2: Or is that not? That's a new trend, right, that's the trend. I mean, Debo Jennings, are you it's what a Shanahan.
Speaker 1: Doing to these guys. At least Debo had like a body of work behind him, right, Yeah, is warranted that they had receipts, you know, like when he was doing that, these like Juwan Jennings, you had that you know, good first half in the Super Bowl, Like that's what you had.
Speaker 2: That was your only thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, you really didn't have any long track record of success. Like I think for Ricky Piersall, it's just just have a healthy offseason. That's the Just just show up for training camp healthy, get through the preseason healthy, like being able to play more than five games in a row. Like That's that's what I think the Niners need out of out of Ricky Piersoll. But they've got to get somebody at the wide receiver position because they just you know, he can't do it by himself, and don't I don't trust that he can do it by himself.
Speaker 2: So great talent, but yeah, you just said it for Trey Vincent, right.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you're best at is your availability, and he has not really been available to the forty nine ers in his first couple of years in the NFL. Ram's got about twenty nine million dollars to actually probably less. Now again, I wrote this down before the McDuffie traites was probably less. I do love less sneed afterwards being like we're gonna use free agency to avoid being desperate in the draft. Yeah, no kidding, Yeah, you got a draft picks, Like, of course you're going to be active at free agency. But I mean I think realistically the Rams in free agency are just sort of adding depth pieces because it's like their front line is pretty much set.
Speaker 2: Like I don't know how many receivers does Stafford need. We need a rotational three, Like we have Jordan Whittington, who's great at what he does when he's available, Keyante Mumfield that I like, but he is going into the second year to Xavier Smith is coming back, which I'm very surprised, but he is back, and we've seen him be serviceable at times. I think we need somebody that is going to be a solid three, Like I want to get back to that Brandon Coox, Robert Woods and Cooper Cup where we had a solid three where these guys were on track if they stayed healthy four thousand yards each. Like I'm tired of the rotational three. Like I think we need somebody that's going to be stuck there, like maybe a Jordan Tyson, maybe a McKay lemon.
Speaker 1: That is that's why you spend the number thirteen pick on mackay Lemon probably and he becomes that guy for you.
Speaker 2: I would rather Jordan Tyson, but yes, that's probably what's going to happen. I think at the end of the day, like that thirteenth pick could be It could be anybody. It could be a Kenyan Sadik, you know, another organ tight end you know, to go along with a terrece Herguson who knows, because.
Speaker 1: You know, you can never have too many trying to be retire retirement home right now, aren't you no?
Speaker 2: A tight end development place and what we're going into. I do think that thirteenth pick they can do whatever they want, Like they want traded, they want to you know, sit there and pick one of these wide receivers, another dB who cares. I don't really care about what we do in the draft. I haven't cared since twenty twelve. But you have it because the Rams don't participate. What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: You got Jared Verse in the last two years, you did not care about since twenty twelve.
Speaker 2: Even that's true, lest has been cooking since twenty twelve. So I haven't like really went into a draft.
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: First pick was Michael Bronckers. Look at that he drafted on girl drafted twelve jar.
Speaker 1: Jaredson.
Speaker 2: Jared Goof was maybe a goof, but he looked good at the time. You know, he talking about the he was because I'm glad we didn't go win said year. But again, I feel like, you know, I never have gone into a draft like trying to like critique or like worrying.
Speaker 1: Like oh man, because because if the NFL draft were like happy.
Speaker 2: Hour, the Rams are that coworker that like, we.
Speaker 1: Hesitate to invite you because you're probably not gonna show up, and when you do show up, you're gonna have like a bey or eat a couple of wings and then just like irish goodbye. Like that's that's the Rams, you know, Like I like that, I've done that. Yeah, that's the Rams at the draft. So yeah, I mean I think I think I could see them making some moves in free agency, but it's mostly gonna be hey, we're just ad depth or just try and like.
Speaker 2: I don't want to set I think ale Pearce is a law, Like it's a huge.
Speaker 1: Reach, like Smith, you don't need no exactly, I'm not even being smart snarky, like I don't.
Speaker 2: Think no, that's facts like the timelines, you know, I like to stay tapped in with the RAMS community and stuff like that. But they keep pushing this for Shishi heat thing where I'm like no, because again, he makes an impact on special teams, but as an actual wide receiver, he'd just become another rotational three. I want somebody who's going to be stationary at that position, you know what I mean, Because again, we need to start preparing for the post Davante Adams ere the post Stafford era, which I understand that we need to develop and find a quarterback, but at the end of the day, we need a three that's going to be able to be you know, useful, to develop into a two to be long term.
Speaker 1: I think whatever salary cap the Rams have should probably be spent on upgrading the robotics in Matthew Stafford's back. But that's just me. The Seahawks have about sixty million dollars to spend, it looks like they're going to need a running back. But I'm just guessing based on the way you guys feel, they're probably not going to spend big on a running back. They just kind of get a nice sort of couple complimentary pieces to hold them over. So Zach Sharbonney.
Speaker 2: Comes back, which is weird, like, just just pay Ken Walker, man, That's kind.
Speaker 1: Of how unless they feel like they can get Kenneth Walker for cheaper, but he's going to be in demand, so I don't think that that really happens.
Speaker 3: And because they they got other some other big pieces they got to try to pay, you know, like Greek Woolan, Kobe Bryant, uh He Mafi, like there's a Jobe, Like, they have a lot of key pieces on that defense, especially that are now free agents.
Speaker 2: So I just think they're.
Speaker 3: Going to be like, look, we love Kenneth Walker, we would love to have him in the building, but with the money we have I want to preserve that defense that that won us the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: They also need a wide They need a wide receiver. I mean, we all love JSN. He's great, but again it's sort of like what about Cooper Cupp. Uh.
Speaker 2: Look, Cooper cup was he was good enough.
Speaker 1: He showed up in big situations for them, There's no doubt about that. But over the course of a long season, No, you do need another option, you know. I mean, if Rashid Shahed's not good enough to be a consistent three in La like, I don't know that he's necessarily a consistent two even in Seattle, they got to find somebody else They've they've got. You know, maybe that is where Darnault Mooney slides in, right, It is where somebody like that shows up. You know, if like if here's I'll say this, if Juwan Jennings went to Seattle, I'm not going to suddenly excommunicate him from my life. And you know, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna put rocks in his pocket and throw him in huge. Its sound like I'm just gonna You know, I understand, the game is the game. That's just how it goes. That's all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I changed the heart for Cooper Cup. I'm proud of.
Speaker 1: Him, be grudgingly, Like it was just like like I'm so happy for you.
Speaker 2: Like that's kind of what that was.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: So what I think a running back that I'm coining as a Javonte Williams story is Brian Robinson Jr. Why not? Why not go to Seattle?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 2: I think he needs another opportunity as a one because obviously in Washington it didn't work out. But we've seen flashes of him with the forty winers Jersey on. I think he could be serviceable for them and on the cheap side.
Speaker 1: Oh. I would honestly think the Niners are going to try to bring him back because I think this is the year he gets more to I should because I just you know, from a fantasy perspective, I know, Florida, you're kind of out on CMC. I'm out on CMC at least at cost. Just with all the touches he had last year, I think the Niners understand that they've got to find somebody else who can take some of that workload. So I mean, I think if I'm Brian, yeah, I'm not gonna be a one in San Francisco if I'm Brian Robinson, but I will get more opportunities, so I go in the long game there. I like it. Yeah, I mean I think that's I think that's kind of what I would look at if I were him. But that's just me.
Speaker 2: Whatever CMC did last year, you probably do again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to have like an NFL player salary, actually live in the city. You have to otherwise move, you know, move across the Bay to Oakland. That terrible. Yeah, anyway, we're still if you talking about the Seahawks, they need a wide receiver, they need a running back. They got almost sixty one million dollars to spend, but we'll see how much of that goes to the defensive side of the ball.
Speaker 2: So good news is, starting next week we will actually have.
Speaker 1: Some names to put to some of these teams, thankfully, and it won't just be us speculating wildly about things that we cannot know because we don't know the future. So look forward to that. So we'll be back, of course with you on Tuesday. You can find Florio and I scattered about the free agency frenzy coverage on NFL Network next week, and you can find leakwan feeding research notes to you know GMFB talent both here and abroad in New York City. So yeah, after that next week as well. So in the meantime, that'll do it for this edition of the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast, The Happy, Safe and Healthy, do good and live well. Enjoy the weekend, everybody, and we'll talk to you again on Tuesday'll.
Speaker 3: Tell Pilt Bob'll tell Pilt
Speaker 1: B Yah