Speaker 1: Well here we are, just a mere week away from our Pod meets World Final recap live show, and while putting a tiny little bow on season seven, it's time to partake in an exercise we have been looking forward to since the pilot. And those are the Phoenies.
Speaker 2: But you're not going to do your sound sound any announcement.
Speaker 3: We have a sound the Phoenies get nothing the track, The Phoenies crickets.
Speaker 2: There we go. That's there.
Speaker 4: Nice.
Speaker 1: They're all so good. Who's on the button killing it over here?
Speaker 2: Do you have Do you have a fart sound on the button? I know that it sounds so much. It's like if I ever in a situation where they're playing that, I am at the wrong event, Like I do not want to be there. That's like they're gonna should be shooting T shirts into the audience.
Speaker 1: Well, yes, wrestling, yeah, everybody.
Speaker 2: The other one I can't stand is I can hear you.
Speaker 5: It's like, stop, oh my god, I'm sorry, but the only thing better than a free T shirt is it being fired at me at seventy miles an hour.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I can't hear you. Lose that you guys ready for the Poies?
Speaker 1: Writer hates fun.
Speaker 2: I know forst fun. That's forst fun. That's the problem.
Speaker 1: Nothing's fun karaoke and yet you seriously, my god, now we're gonna put on music and make you sing to it in front of people, even though.
Speaker 4: You have no skills.
Speaker 3: Unreal.
Speaker 2: Okay, mister guys, has been two weeks.
Speaker 1: It's going fire on all cylinders. God, so the Phoenix. It's all our version of an award show, the Oscars, the Grammys, the Emmys, the Nobel Prize, even where we look back on everything we've watched and then hand out awards for what we genuinely think are the best aspects of boy Meet's world. We have some major categories here, some important awards to hand out, so we'll be given some nominees, but as a group, we can also suggest people we may have missed, but we do have to have a consensus ultimate winner for each How hard do you think this is going to be?
Speaker 2: I think it was going to be two to one in most cases, so I think. But I think there's gonna be at least three that were completely divided on that. We each have a favorite and we're not going to back down.
Speaker 5: Don't you think when you say it's gonna be two to one on most you think, are there a specific two of us that are going to be voting for one thing and one person against it?
Speaker 2: I actually didn't think that far ahead. But well, yeah, I actually don't know. Let's find out.
Speaker 4: I'm so daniel Danielle and I disagree with you, writer, Okay, this is gonna go.
Speaker 1: We don't think that. We don't think that at all.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: The problem is, here's the problem. When I was and when I go through this list, there are so many different Boy Meets worlds. I know, Yeah, I honestly and I feel like there's a part of me that if I if I really think about like what I think or like what I personally think or feel now that I've watched the show, it's different than if I think about what Pod Meets World thinks as a group. Does that make sense? Like, like, after we've all been through this and all all the discussions we had, I'm pretty sure where we're going to land on most of these. But if I like were to like dig down deep and be like, well, which one do I really care about? I think it might be at odds with you guys at times. So I don't know.
Speaker 5: I also love just watching you with wherever you are right now. It's like watching Max Max Headroom back in the eighties.
Speaker 2: Oh because I remember, oh oh oh, we don't.
Speaker 1: Know your the Wi Fi sound you sound great, So your video is at least twenty seconds behind you.
Speaker 2: So I'm on campground wi Fi. Yeah, okay, i am in a campground. There's no cell service, but there's Wi Fi.
Speaker 1: Well, when your credit card gets stolen, that's how they get you.
Speaker 4: That's how they get touch, That's how they get job.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's start light but still still substantial here. Let's start with best drive by. Now this our dear listeners will know. This is foreign actor who appears in just one episode, is not on screen for even super long. But they did the absolute most with what they had. So I may be missing some here, but these are the people that I have listed for us to choose from, unless you have more suggestions. But there's Arianna Richards as Claire Ferguson, Risha Haley as Corina Collins, Great Dommie Rara as Bosco Cellini, John Balma as the hotel clerk. Now he did appear in two episodes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but still a drive Bke. It's it's like a scene stealing beat both times.
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 1: Julio Oscar Machosa as Doctor Sanchez.
Speaker 2: I mean, this guy came out of nowhere from me. That was like going to tell you a story with his eyes. Rider can tell you a story with his eyes.
Speaker 1: So good. Danielle Harris has t K, Lindsey Price is Linda great. And Jerry Levine as Philip Mack. I mean, this is a hard category to give an award to.
Speaker 4: I would have to add Friend of the Podcast Natania.
Speaker 1: Ross okay, great.
Speaker 5: I think she was pretty damn good in her episode Absolute drive By. Yeah, there's there's a few, but this is a this is a solid list. I mean, this is a for now question. How much are we how much of it is for Boy Meets World the episode and for the whole week, Like I'm thinking of Lesha Haley who came in and at the at the table read like brought her guitar and sung every song, Like does that factor in? Or are we just talking about just the episode of Boy Meets World.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think it's okay. I My big my question is like does that count as a drive by?
Speaker 1: Because if the whole episode is about her.
Speaker 2: I know that's because the best guest That's what I mean. There's like three on here that I were like that. I would say Daniel Harris, Leisha Haley, and Jerry Levine. I don't know if maybe Arianna Richards. I don't know if i'd count them as drive. But because the whole episode was about them, yeah, they were great. But I mean, like I wouldn't. I wouldn't like, if we're going to do that, then it's Lesia Haley to me because she came in the whole, She made the whole. All the Boy Meets World became about her character, her episode. She sang, she was funny, she went through a complete character arc. That's like a perfect like who are you? You took over this entire show. But if we're talking like somebody who was just had one beat, but you'll never forget them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, i'd have to agree. That's maybe that's like best guest star.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we have Best Guest Star Female and Best Guest Star Male coming up, so.
Speaker 2: Maybe we did recurring for those.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, you're right, one off character.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's best best best best one guest star that the episode's about you. Yeah, you know, like, yeah, okay, so let's let's move Arianna Richards, Leisha Haley, Daniel Harris, and let's move those Will.
Speaker 2: We just say that those are the ones who were considering, like because they're so there's there's such powerhouses, Like why why if we're going to keep creating new categories so we don't have to make a choice.
Speaker 4: I don't think we.
Speaker 2: Want to make a new category. Let's just let's just decide what this means. Does it mean in the history of Boy Meets World, this was the best guest star who did one episode and or one scene.
Speaker 4: If that's the case, I think it would have to be that.
Speaker 2: Then then I think it's Alicia for me.
Speaker 4: Gosh, Daniel Harris was really good.
Speaker 2: Harris Harris either one I'd be happy with.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I was gonna say different, But I see what you're saying, writer, and I feel like we're almost doing a disservice because you get somebody like Daniel Harris or Alicia Haley, there were the whole thing was about them. But then you get Dmi Rare who had two scenes but was hysterical, right, I know.
Speaker 2: I know there's also not on this list because I was confused. When I saw the doctor Sanchez, I thought it was the doctor from the season seven episode where Corey goes to the Doctor of the hypochondract the hypochondriac thing funny because I was hysterical.
Speaker 1: I was funny.
Speaker 2: Yep, But all right, that's more scene Steeler. I I okay, I think it's do we can all agree it's it's Danielle Harris or Lesia.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think we can all list this list for this for the list we have in this drive by, I would say, and and for memorable Boy meets World. Uh, and maybe we should have separated drive by by men and women too, the same way we did guest stars, because, like I go, I think of if I think of Boy meets World, legacy guest star, We're going.
Speaker 2: To create a category for everybody on this list.
Speaker 4: Who made me.
Speaker 2: Cry, Lindsay Price's drive By who made us giggle?
Speaker 5: But not Philly Guffaw, best guest cast drive By about a cult exactly.
Speaker 2: No, let's just say, let's just say we can get it down to Alicia or Danielle Harris. Okay, let's just say that, and then here's what I with her out there. Here's what I with her out there. They're both amazing. Yeah, sometimes this is what I used to evaluate performance. No, can you imagine somebody else playing that part?
Speaker 4: Yes? For both? For both? Really Yeah, Lisha wrote.
Speaker 2: The songs, dude, I know.
Speaker 4: But again, it's like when she walked in, nobody knew who she was.
Speaker 5: She was amazing, But you could have gone to some nineties pop star to come in and kind of play that role.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay.
Speaker 5: I again, Lisha would have been my first pick too, But then I'm also thinking of Danielle. And that's why I'm asking because the lead the whole week with Lesha was amazing, Meaning from the second she sat down and I'm watching her at the table read, pull her guitar out and sing every single song at the table read, it was like the whole week was about her, and she was incredible every step of the way.
Speaker 4: Alsome.
Speaker 1: Then I think we have to go with Lesia Haley. I do. I yeah, I think we have to go there.
Speaker 4: I don't disagree.
Speaker 1: I mean, she's amazing, She's amazing. She brought so much to that with her, you know, musical ability. Uh yeah, I don't know. Really, even though you could picture someone else in the role, could would anyone else have done with that role what she did? Maybe?
Speaker 4: Not?
Speaker 1: All right? Our first one, we've come to a consensus.
Speaker 4: Yes, Daniel Harris's.
Speaker 1: Leisha Haley as Parena Collins. Congratulations to you, Lisia one a Phoenie.
Speaker 2: I can't hear you.
Speaker 1: Okay, our next award, our next Fhoenie is best prop now the.
Speaker 5: Moan Matthews so dark.
Speaker 1: Obviously seven seasons of Boy Meets World, so many incredible props. Here are some to get our noodles rolling. There's the roller coaster car that Corey and feenear in, the giant yogurt cup, the pencil that killed Kenny, the earring Eric leaves in his parents' bed o, shady Melon, the lollipop in the plays with squirrels, Beard, the rolls from they want you to take, the roles, and the couch that Eric is in.
Speaker 4: I have to add a big one, okay.
Speaker 6: The Celery poster, Oh, Celery poster.
Speaker 4: It was so good.
Speaker 1: You're right that the Celery is up later for best joke.
Speaker 4: You can he can win two things.
Speaker 2: Your best actor technically technically not a prop, no technically.
Speaker 1: Set decoration, yeah, fair, fair, fair okay, I man I don't think the roles are what make they want you to take the roles. Funny Man's performance to you all of that, so I say we take out the roles.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 4: I think we also made shady melon shady melon as opposed to shady melon being an important That's what I'd be.
Speaker 2: But as so far as if it's the Podmets World of Ward, it's huge. This is the one we're going to remember forever because it was there were so many layer layers to it. It was discovering that. So this prop is a Hamlet reference, one which we realized while recapping it then that it was just a weird looking melon. That's so funny. Yeah, we have T shirts made up of I know.
Speaker 4: The Kenny pencil is pretty phenomenal.
Speaker 1: Though, I mean really really well done. That giant yogurt cup looked so expensive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, spinklssh Spinkles is coming.
Speaker 1: That opened season two and or season three and we went what what kind of money were we given?
Speaker 2: Yep, m hmm.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, that was big roller coaster also though, because behind the scenes stories like that was a big week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it almost killed Ben. Yeah, what are you guys leaning toward if you had to, if you had to pick right now, what would you pick.
Speaker 2: As the podmets World shady Melon? Okay, terms of in terms of the second you see it, it's maybe the couch. Like I mean, the second you see it, you're like, that is one of the best Boy meets World references. It's so iconic, it's so freaking funny. I feel like there are like four Eric props in here, So I feel like, given Eric a prop, you know, an Eric prop moment makes sense. Yeah, because you did so many good, great prop jokes. The lollipop you actually created right, yeah, will Yeah, I mean that's so good, that's that's the same. I would say.
Speaker 5: There's also you could go much deeper with the couch in that we were all on it. At certain times, different couples made out, people broke up the you know. I think Angela's dad came in and sat down and talked to her about leaving.
Speaker 4: I mean that couch did a lot of heavy lifting.
Speaker 2: No, I mean we should have actually had a best wardrobe moment, in which case I think the couch would win because technically it's wardrobe.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But and I say, either the cat your shady melon. Guys that's where I'm But but if anyone else's.
Speaker 1: I could make the argument to throw in as a very good third and maybe even tied for second with the couch. I think we can all agree that as far as the pod meets world, the Feenie goes to shady Melon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's right here, honorary honorary Peenie to the shady melon and the couch. Also, but the lollipop, I'm really being that we're talking about the idea that the couch is really a clothing item he wears. Also, even though it is the couch that everyone sat on, it's a slightly different version because they had to cut your face out of it. I don't know, I really think that lollipop it's not about and he just pulls it out, takes a little lick of it, puts it back. It's pretty minerable.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 5: I am, however, going to throw a little curveball at you because it's not on the list.
Speaker 4: But we've talked about it a thousand times.
Speaker 5: It's even spawned its own style of acting, which is acting That.
Speaker 4: Phone was wireless, all of us with the.
Speaker 5: Antenna being closed, and we got to use this and Ben's acting, and do we shut it off?
Speaker 4: Do we not shut it off? It's in a whole bunch of different scenes.
Speaker 5: Hmm.
Speaker 4: That phone was in an awful lot of different episodes.
Speaker 2: And the nostalgia of it encapsulates so much of the Podmets World experience. Yes, it's it's an object that doesn't exist anymore.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, that is a good curveball. I might go with facting, I might go with that phone.
Speaker 4: I think I would too.
Speaker 2: All right, So the Matthews Family Phone.
Speaker 1: The Matthews Family Phone, best prop. Congratulations to the Matthews Family Phone. You were a late addition by one mister Wilfredell.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nominated on the floor in the middle of the in the middle of the party. My god.
Speaker 1: Better to be remembered late than never at all, you know, all right. Our next award is for best swing set. So a swing set is something that you saw for a very short amount of time one episode and then never to be seen again. The first one we have is the roller coaster set, where you know they rode the roller coaster, Krey and Feenie rode the roller coaster. Two Chetz trailer. Now that was not Gene once. I don't know that I could. I mean, it was technically a swing set because it was only there for a temporary time, But I don't know that I would count that as.
Speaker 4: A swing set, as like a reoccurring swing set.
Speaker 2: What do you think, writer, No, I agree, it's it's it's it was pretty per I mean, it was there for half a season and then it came back. What about the trailer park, though, if we count the completely.
Speaker 1: Agree with you. Let's replace Chet's trailer with the trailer park.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like it.
Speaker 1: There's the Mexican restaurant where Sergio and Nunzio work. Nunzio where to Penga and Angel go get their groove on with two.
Speaker 2: Dancers, the Mexican Chubbies. Let's just call it L Chubby L Chubby.
Speaker 1: L Chubbies. There's the Lama pen.
Speaker 2: No, no, I've never just scratched it off the list. Ever happened the world? One of the worst seats in the history of It's also just retroactively changed the whole origin.
Speaker 7: No, no, okay, what about inside Poenie's house, which we only see for the B and b's B and B.
Speaker 4: That's a good one.
Speaker 2: That's a good one.
Speaker 1: What about club Club clev.
Speaker 2: We would like hate voted, we would hate giving in the war just the dumbest set effort.
Speaker 1: But it's the location of the tushy dance. How can we How could you write it off so quickly?
Speaker 4: Some people write off the tushy right away, Danielle.
Speaker 1: There's the ski Lodge, the scene of the infamous kiss between Corey and Lauren.
Speaker 4: Super important.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is the one important I have to say. I directed the Girl Meets World episodes that took place at the ski Lodge, and it was an incredible set to work in, incredible set to like re experience. Even though I could barely remember it when I directed in it, it looks so good. It has probably one of the most important storylines for a swing set, definitely, and it just it's evocative. It's great. It's a different vibe. It doesn't feel like anywhere else on our show. Oh wait, the other one Phoenix cabin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Phoeni's cabin.
Speaker 4: The sign the Eskimo in your own way mm hm sign.
Speaker 2: That's a weird one though, because do you remember how it's like we're looking up at it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that one didn't didn't play.
Speaker 2: It messed with my head as far as like the screen direction. So I'm just going to eliminate that for that reason alone.
Speaker 4: I don't think we're gonna beat Ski Lodge.
Speaker 2: I don't think so either.
Speaker 1: What about the pea soup diner next to the world's largest yogurt cup.
Speaker 4: Oh God, we're phil.
Speaker 5: Leads, getting phil leads, phill leads.
Speaker 2: It's a good sch's got to be. The Ski Lodge has all the layers. It has the the like the window seat, it has the couch area that just works so well for scenes. It has the counter, has stairs, has the exterior where Tbanga finds the note, but everything about it, it's a perfect set. It's set, I agree, and inspired by Michael buying a house and Aspen and all those.
Speaker 1: Skies and all those snow bunnies, all.
Speaker 4: Those Yeah, well, for the record, I was just in Aspen this weekend. All it was was snow bunnies. It's also very affordable.
Speaker 2: I mean, just threw throwing themselves.
Speaker 1: In very much. You never never cease to tell me how much things cost when we're in Vegas. How much were the foods and BEVs in Aspen?
Speaker 5: It's not it's it's so asinine that it's not even worth talking about.
Speaker 4: We got two sandwiches last day there there. It was ninety five dollars for two sandwiches, two sandwiches.
Speaker 1: Did they come with sides?
Speaker 4: No, No they did not.
Speaker 1: Did they come with drinks? Uh?
Speaker 5: They gave us waters because we had to wait almost an hour to get the two sandwiches.
Speaker 1: Did What kind of sandwiches was it?
Speaker 4: It was one was two other both tuna?
Speaker 1: Tuna for ninety five dollars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was, Oh it was it was. It's insane. It's it's insane. This place absolutely gorgeous and absurdly expensive. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, congratulations to the ski Lodge on your feend.
Speaker 6: You lodge one best swing set.
Speaker 1: Our next category, biggest WTF moment, Now we've had a few of them on Boy Meets World.
Speaker 4: Just so I get this right, WTF is why the frown.
Speaker 1: Why the front moment?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: Exactly, gotcha?
Speaker 4: Yeah said okay, okay with you.
Speaker 1: The first WTF moment we'd like to honor is Nobody's Angel.
Speaker 4: Do you need to go on with the rest of the list.
Speaker 2: I don't think we do.
Speaker 4: Do you seriously need to go on with the rest of the list, and you just need.
Speaker 2: To think about my face watching.
Speaker 1: Experience either Topanga and Sean making out for a college recruitment.
Speaker 5: Video, that to me makes more if you guys were literally tasked to do porn on the set, that made more sense than Nobody's Angel.
Speaker 2: Also, also, the payoff of underpants is actually funny, like Corey's bet scene is funny, and Corey freaking out has funny beats. Nobody's Angel might also be the worst episode of the show and have incorporated this whole group of women we didn't need to for no reason.
Speaker 5: No, so when number five on the list is Salem the cat cameo and I'm like, that makes perfect sense compared to Nobody's Angel.
Speaker 1: Let's tell our dear listeners what the other options are. With first, we had Nobody's Angel. Two we have Topanga having a crush on Eric, which does in a way come back later when you're lifting weights, and I'm like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: Plus the girl, the young young girl having a crush on friend's older brother, like that totally could could totally happen.
Speaker 1: What about the Matthews having a baby who just disappears after they have the baby. How about Mincus's sci Fi disappearance or Salem the Cat cameo. I had Topega and Sean making out for a college recruitment video, singled out to I mean, I guess at the time it was popular, so and then ate the other Harley Kiner just arriving.
Speaker 4: But again.
Speaker 1: You're right, it's Nobody's Angel.
Speaker 4: Nobody's Angel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it just does work tonally story wise, like there's a there's like because all the other ones you could argue, like sale Mcat it was barring from another show, right know, Like even Minkus's Sci Fi disappearance was kind of breaks the rules of reality. It's like eh. And then when you have stuff like Harley Kiner, like it's coming from a sad place like it's you know, or an actor getting replaced, it's like it's just production stuff. Whereas like Nobody's Angel, everybody made that choice and kept making it and thought it would be okay, Like an entire production team and a network approved it.
Speaker 1: And my favorite, I think my favorite slash least favorite part of it is the idea that they were like, well, why would these girls care to showcase their talent for these two And the answer was they're from the big city, and that was like, great, I buy it. Two young kids come in from the big city. We got to show them that we can make it. They're gonna sign us to a label. It's like in the plates, flimsy at best.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Oh, but you're right. Rider's face.
Speaker 5: It's just it might be the most magical moment of when you can actually see the soul of his body, you can actually watch it go.
Speaker 1: It's she almost boops him. All right, Well, we're on a roll with agreeing that the biggest WTF moment is Nobody's angel. Congratulations on your feenie. Our next award is for best unnecessary cameo. Now, wow, let's see we have one any monkey who was on the show. Now, my one issue with this being any monkey is reg Reginald Fairfield is a fantastic character. It's just correct. Yeah, and it just so happened. He was a member of the Monkeys. Davy Jones played him. But like Red, Reginald Fairfield alone is.
Speaker 2: Also the monkey thing. It goes so far that it becomes funny again, do you know.
Speaker 4: What I mean?
Speaker 2: It's a Oh the fact that we've had all the monkeys on three different episodes over the It's like at that point you're just like, what is the deal. That's too funny, it's too weird. Okay, okay, it's like it feels like it feels like anti boy meets World. Yeah, you know, to call them unnecessary, they're actually part of the the part of the lore.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Phyllis Diller, who played the psychic.
Speaker 2: It's pretty unnecessary.
Speaker 4: It's unnecessary, but it's it's brilliant stunt casting.
Speaker 1: I mean that is true, the good stunt casting. Unnecessary. But if you're gonna have a character that's going to tell the future, might as well make it a genius like.
Speaker 4: Phyllistellar agreed, right, agreed.
Speaker 1: Soupy Sales and Buddy Hackett.
Speaker 2: There's nothing unnecessary about this.
Speaker 1: You're absolutely. I couldn't agree with you more. They weren't part.
Speaker 2: They had two old, good, old timey comedians playing mob bosses in the best. No, No, this.
Speaker 1: Is agreed necessary at all.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 5: That was a premature ejaculation, Buddy Buddy kids.
Speaker 1: Having Chris Hardwick but not Jenny McCarthy. You first singled out.
Speaker 5: Makes sense, so you gotta you got your We're going to singled out its supposed to be MTV get the actual host, Like, it makes sense that he's there.
Speaker 1: We have any of Michael's kids just anytime. Yeah, a Jacob's child was on screen. Was it unnecessary?
Speaker 2: Of course?
Speaker 5: Melissa Joan Hart in the TGI Family Wizard episode exactly, it makes sense, it makes it makes more sense than some of the others on the list.
Speaker 1: I think, Tom Bosley, this one's pretty bad. And then yeas me and Blief, I think.
Speaker 2: I mean it's she's just there to kiss Adam Scott.
Speaker 4: She wasn't there at all.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's really unnecessary. And and also the crossover of Boyne's World fans with Baywatch, like I know what was going on there? I don't. The other one who who was in the nineteen fifties episodes, who were the two guys that show up in the.
Speaker 4: Kitchen oh antson? Was Anson Williams. And that's got.
Speaker 2: To get on the list too, because we couldn't even say who they were, right, we had to like and it was like they're somehow related to Corey but not and I don't know. That was really weird, and the nineteen fifties episode did not need it.
Speaker 5: But right, but it's an episode that takes place in the fifties, so they brought on sitcom actors from a fifties show.
Speaker 2: Then yas mean Bleeth is the one.
Speaker 5: I would agree, yas me and Bleeth.
Speaker 4: And was it Wayne Newton who was singing? No, Richard Gulay, Robert Robert Gulay, Robert Gulay.
Speaker 5: Oh wait a second, wait a second, we forgot about who we didn't even remember was on the episode Live Styles of the Rich and Famous.
Speaker 2: Robin Leach.
Speaker 1: Was he not in it? No?
Speaker 2: He remember? He does?
Speaker 5: He shows up at the door and we were all like, wait, Robin Leech was in this episode, but none of us remembered.
Speaker 1: Forgot it again.
Speaker 4: That's why.
Speaker 8: That's why it's like the most it was the affects the scene correct and literally has nothing to do there except to get a woman in a bikini ringside.
Speaker 2: That was somewhat famous from another show. Somebody just wanted to meet her. She's the most unnecessary, It's like, and it doesn't change the episode. I don't think any boy meets World fan cared. I don't know anybody remembers. She doesn't remember doing it. That is the ultimate exit. It's like I mean, I think Michael's kids are like, obviously it's unnecessary, but you can also kind of be like, right, he was the creator of the show, let's give him put his kids on, like and it was part of a family show. Whatever. But yas Me Bleef is like a crass, unnecessary thing.
Speaker 5: Okay, you've got five bucks and you've got to put it down on a writer's name who just wanted to meet Yasmine Bleef.
Speaker 4: Where does your money go?
Speaker 1: One? Two, three blood?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Mark Blutman, we know that's exactly what was. We didn't even ever talk about it, right.
Speaker 1: Congratulations to Yasmine Bleath for winning a Feoenie for Best unnecessary Cameo. It's not a problem that you don't remember being on the show. You've just won an award anyway.
Speaker 2: She shares that award with Mark Bluman. By the way, she.
Speaker 1: Has to go on a date with him in order to drop it off and pick it up.
Speaker 2: She won't remember it.
Speaker 1: It's fun. Moving on to our next category is best character who deserved more Read read through these for you Number one. Marisol Nichols as Kelly, Tony Quinn as Mister Turner, Alex Decer as Eli Williams, Darlene Vogel as Kat Tompkins, JB. Gaynor as Tommy, Trina McGee as Angela, and Linda Cardellini as Lauren.
Speaker 5: I feel like we could do an entire podcast episode just on this question, just on this list. I agree, because there's so many different variables to this. Tony had more to do and was given a shot, but was done horribly dirty.
Speaker 4: They did nothing for Alex whatsoever. Yep, so was he worse off than Turner? Because we all knew there's so many different ways to go with this.
Speaker 1: I know, I know it's hard to It's hard because each person really deserves their own Feenie for different reasons. Yes, I am. I am gonna go. Oh my gosh, it's really difficult. I feel like I can take off Darlene Vogel as Cat Tompkins.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like I could also take off Marisol Nichols as Kelly.
Speaker 4: Yep, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Would add to that.
Speaker 4: I think you could take off JB. Gaynor's Tommy.
Speaker 1: Okay, agreed. Jab Gaynor is Tommy and Linda Cardellini is Lauren. She was given a great character.
Speaker 2: She got a great character. She has one of the most memorable arcs and boy mets World History. So yes, her character could have like Lauren probably should have dated Core like in the in the like rewrite history, you know. But as far as like having a character that comes on and does a part, a big part of the show, she was great, you know. So it's really I think it comes down to how much do we think Trina got screwed over a lot and how much did Turner get screwed over? How much did Ali? I mean Alex days there, Like I I just don't think he should have even been there, which is kind of a different thing, do you know what I mean? Like whereas like you introduced the character mister Turney and you introduced the character of Angela, you got to see that through. So I feel like, for me, it's one of those two either one of those characters, you know, and interesting they're both Sean relationships. But that's what I'm.
Speaker 5: Saying is then that's what I mean by how we could discuss this forever, because then couldn't you just by what you said, d argue that then it is Alex that deserved more because they didn't introduce him well, they just left him out to dry.
Speaker 4: The entire time he was there and then he was just gone.
Speaker 1: But part of the award is for best Character who deserved more. And as far as character development, we know absolutely nothing about Eli Williams.
Speaker 2: So character you can't even think about him deserving more because what would that mean, Like.
Speaker 1: It we were talking about actor, because say, yeah, he deserved more than a season. He deserved development, He deserved this. But like the character we were given and like given enough to know, oh, this is a great character and then just kind of hung out to dry.
Speaker 5: Then it has to be Tony. It has to be mister Turner. They have this whole thing with Sean. He's going to be huge on the show. They're going to move in together. Next thing you know, he's in a coma and then you never see him again. It was like, yeah, done, really dirty.
Speaker 1: And it was was it only one season?
Speaker 4: What do you mean Tony?
Speaker 1: Tony?
Speaker 5: Tony was on two, three and then half a four, right, and so it was halfway through four they were like you're done now and that was it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean really, between Tony and Trina, I do think the way Trina's character between the way Angela and Sean's relationship was hung out to dry. But I could say the exact same thing with Turner and Sean.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing.
Speaker 5: We didn't like how they ended the relationship with Sean and and and Angela Antelas. But they ended the relationship with Yeah, and they didn't do any of that with Tony.
Speaker 4: They just got rid of a super important.
Speaker 2: Character and then Sewan never references him.
Speaker 5: Again until they make a joke about him that he wasn't. Oh hey, mister Turner and he and he walks away.
Speaker 1: Can we give two phoenees for this one?
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, I feel like.
Speaker 1: We could give one to Turner and one to Angela.
Speaker 2: Oh. We also did not even bring up Mincus. I know, Oh yeah, jeez, I guess he had a whole season.
Speaker 1: So but then so did Trina and so did Tony to yeah, multiple seasons, Mincus in this case only ad one season.
Speaker 4: Okay, wait, all right, let me let me ask you. Let me ask you a question. Forget.
Speaker 5: Forget the second half of the of the question, just the first half between mister Turner, Angela, and Mincus. Who do you think was the best character?
Speaker 1: Mincus?
Speaker 2: Mincus Mancus, I would agree and gets disappeared at the end. Of season one. Yeah, because we agree they all deserve more.
Speaker 5: Of course, so then it's just who's the best character, and I think it was MICUs.
Speaker 2: I agree with you.
Speaker 1: Congratulations on your Feenie Mincus best character, who deserved more. The funniest joke is gonna be a tough one. He will always be this tall salary poster. Yes, so I said to myself, Kyle, great one, Corey being afraid of clowns, Eric singing for he's a jolly goodfellow while the dorm room is on fire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, amazing.
Speaker 1: They want you to take the rolls legendary because our kids would look like horses and layze with squirrels.
Speaker 4: I have a couple additions to this too.
Speaker 5: Go uh, I'll get as sick as you can actually get without without dying. Yes, great, Yeah, brilliant joke and from season seven, and it's one of my favorites.
Speaker 4: Rory Rerick.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's what we talked about recently. Yeah, yeah, there was one. I was like, we just said it recently. That was so funny, Rory.
Speaker 5: And also, I'm sorry Rider, but if you're just doing a visual joke, like we have the salary to Panga's soup or bowl is pretty great too.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's so good. The other one I was going to throw out there, but I think a pales in comparison to the ones you were mentioning. Is don't move, maybe he doesn't see us.
Speaker 4: Great joke, great joke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like there's some from affair to forget too that we're forgetting.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I can't.
Speaker 5: But it's also how you're saying it, like, because it's it might not be a joke, but even just the way you say his name and you're like Cory exactly.
Speaker 1: That's what the first thing I thought of too, That cinnamon rule was for me, wasn't it.
Speaker 4: I mean, like, it's so it's it's not a joke, but it's a perfect joke.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean I think the first.
Speaker 1: Two or I think Celery Poster he will.
Speaker 2: Always be this tall, or will always remember that he was this tall. Yep.
Speaker 4: I'm married a moose is a pretty great joke too, Yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah for me. For me, the simplicity of it, the fact that you don't need a whole lot of other things to explain it. It doesn't have to. It's just straightforward. We'll always remember he was this tall.
Speaker 4: Is just it's such a smart joke too.
Speaker 1: It's such a smart and it's such a hard and sharp laugh after a moment and where on a kid's show, you've just killed murder kid. Yeah, that like the only thing that's going to work. There is something that sharp and it just plays.
Speaker 4: It's just I don't disagree with that.
Speaker 5: The only the only argument I would make is how understated and brilliant Celery is.
Speaker 2: Right, the fact that Celery is not a hard laugh, it's a character laugh. Ye, It's like it's a visual joke, character laugh that only works because you know who Corey is and what he's saying in that moment, and it's like you almost kind of need at least a season of knowing this character before. That's a funny joke. So that makes me think it's great. But exactly like you're saying that, we will always remember that he was this tall. It's such a good, hard joke. It's because it subverts what you've just seen so brilliantly. It's perfect and it's so sophisticated. Oh, they're so good.
Speaker 5: I don't know, I'm gonna I'll throw I'll say I think, I think it's he'll always be this tall.
Speaker 4: For me, it's just it's such a good joke.
Speaker 1: It is such a marginballe as episode for us.
Speaker 4: And yep, I think there's a couple in that episode that could.
Speaker 2: Have been because a sick one. I would say, yeah, yeah, let's do it all right. We'll always remember he was this tall.
Speaker 1: Congratulations for the funniest joke getting a feenie. He will always remember he was this tall. Our next category is best Romp. The categories or the nominees are, I was a teenage spy as time goes by the Witches of Penbrook, And in case I don't see you, B and B's Airbnb.
Speaker 2: On which one is? And in case I don't see you, I don't remember.
Speaker 5: Oh god, I think in case I don't see you is isn't that from Truman Show?
Speaker 4: And in case I don't see it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I did not like the episode.
Speaker 4: No no.
Speaker 1: And then there was Sean I mean Thrilla in Phila and Train of Fools.
Speaker 4: Train of Fools is that the.
Speaker 1: New Year's Eve where we're all stuck on the subway for there is no doubt the best romp for me is And then there was Sean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, once you put that on this list, it's it's.
Speaker 1: Like, if that goes on this list as being.
Speaker 2: Because it's potentially the best episode of the show, but it's definitely a romp.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I would have to say, though, if that wasn't on the list, I think B and B's B and B is a real contender for best.
Speaker 1: Romp, I know, but it's also a contender for best episode.
Speaker 4: That's the thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I agree with you, but I think it's got to it's on the list.
Speaker 2: It's insane, it's the most unhinged, and it works perfectly because there's weird parts about I was a teenage spy and.
Speaker 1: We were like, oh, could have done about this? And then it's a romp, but like we have some romps that are classics.
Speaker 4: Yes, I agree, all right.
Speaker 1: And then there was Sean, You've just won your first Phoenie for all I know, you could win another Phoenie in this in this, yeah, you can run away with this one. Next up we have best Duo. Oh, this is gonna be a toughie. First up, Sean and Angela, Sean and Turner, Corey and Tapangda, Feenie and Corey, Corey and Lauren, Feenie and Dean Bolander, Amy and Alan, Corey and Sean and Feenie and Eric. Yeah, so many Phoenies. Phoenie's carried up with everybody, I think.
Speaker 2: I think that's why it's got to be a Phoenie. I mean, personally, I have a weird thought. I mean, I'm the one who suggested Phoeni and Eric because it wasn't originally on this list. I think they don't occupy as much story time, they don't occupy as much screen time. But if you think about the polar like the tonal opposites that make up Boy Meets World, the humor, the earnestness, the seriousness, the life lessons, Feenie and Eric embody that more than almost any other duo. M I don't know. That's my argument for them.
Speaker 5: I not to throw myself out there, but I agree. I think because it was also wasn't supposed to work. The idea of Feenie and Eric being together was never fell locked about anywhere, yep, and they moved everyone else around, like Corey and Sean became Corey and Topanga, which then became Sean and Angelo. I mean everybody kind of. But Eric never really had anybody but Feoenie. I mean, they tried to bring in Jack, but it never really worked. He always kind of ran back to feeni And I think there was something very special about Feenie and Eric's relationship throughout the year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can. I see all those points. I would still also make the argument that if Boy Meets World is a show about figuring out life with the people that matter most to you by your side, no duo represents that more than Corey and Sean who you know. I mean, Boy Meets World is a show most people think of as being a show about Corey into Panga, and yet after watching all seven seasons of it, it is a friendship show. I mean, they're the importance placed on friendships and the people around you and how you influence each other. It's it's you know, it's really about that.
Speaker 5: But the last like two seasons, once they started making a Krey inta Panga, they I know, really wasn't Corey and Shawn anymore. That's why we love the episodes where they brought them back together again. We're like, oh my god, a Korey and Sean episode.
Speaker 4: Finally. Yeah, but this is about.
Speaker 2: The best duo. This isn't about the most important or that this is And I think we all agree that Kory to Banga were so problematic and did not Actually, it's like I still love a lot of episodes, a lot of those moments, but overall, like I just can't see the show. I just that's not the best part of the show for me.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I was saying Korey and Sean, not Corey and Tapanga.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, I'm just I'm just going through that even though they took up there what people think of as the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think I the only two for me, I would say, are are are possible? Are Kreyan Sean and Feenie and Eric. And hearing everything you guys are saying, I am on board to choose once and for all, Feenie and Eric. Let's do it to win a Feenie for Best Duo.
Speaker 4: I wasn't expecting this. Really sweet. I don't know what to say.
Speaker 1: No, No, we're not doing speeches, ohim. We have best Guest Star Female, which means they did a minimum of two episodes. We have Britney Murphy as Triiny, Scherene Mitchell as Verna Hunter, Jennifer Campbell as Lonnie Bowden, Linda Cardellini as Lauren, Christianna Locan as Jennifer Bassett, Bonnie Bartlett as Dean Bolander, and Darlene Vogel as Cat I.
Speaker 5: Personally, yep, I don't see how this does not come down to Linda Cardelini and Britney Murphy.
Speaker 1: Yep, totally, And I don't really see a world in which it's not Linda Cardelini.
Speaker 2: I go, all right with you, there we go, Yeah, Yeah, she just stole. She st Corey and stole our hearts.
Speaker 1: She didnbelievable. She she came in and made what should have been an automatically unlikable character. You you ended up having mixed feelings. Which if you can make somebody you know who's about ready to kiss, someone who's taken even remotely relatable or likable, you have really created an incredible character. And that's entirely because of her. It's not about even writing, it's about her and who she was and how she played it. Linda Cardelini, you just won an award, a Feenie for Best Guest Star Female.
Speaker 5: Do you think there's any world that they had a conversation about bringing Linda Ann as a regular.
Speaker 1: I think we talked about that when we did the episodes, and I don't think so.
Speaker 4: I think they had to get it, they had to get her out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think they wanted anything to really shake up the foundation of Cory and Tapanga that much, and bringing her in would have definitely done that. There would have been no way to hide the fact that they should have been together and not Cory and Topanga.
Speaker 5: She could have ended up with Ricky like she deserves to be left.
Speaker 4: There's snow.
Speaker 6: Bunny said she is the best guest star male minimum of two episodes.
Speaker 1: We have Jason Marsden as Jason Marsden, Willie Garson who played I think three different characters, two characters, three different characters are three different characters, Jonathan Jackson as Ricky First.
Speaker 4: I'm just sted to be nominated.
Speaker 1: Vader as Frankie Senior, Adam Scott as Griff, Julius Carrey as Sergeant Moore, and Barroccoli lover Phil leads.
Speaker 2: Are we.
Speaker 5: So we're sticking with guest star right, That's why like Blake and Yeah, they're not on this list because they.
Speaker 4: We don't consider them guest stars.
Speaker 1: They're party cast, correct, it's too hard to put. I mean, imagine them up there and trying to cheat.
Speaker 5: Now they and everybody they're they're in a whole different Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 4: Okay, this is tough.
Speaker 1: This is tough.
Speaker 5: I mean it's hard not to look at what everything Adam's done in his career and factor that into Adam being Adam. I know, that's really tough because he was awesome stepping into an incredibly difficult situation where he knows he's not replacing somebody, he's starting a whole new character, but with bullies that are already established on a show that's already established, with Ryder Strong who wants to push him away and hates him. There's a lot going on in the set at the time for Adam person. And again just throwing it out there too because I love him so much. Julius Carey was great, I know, as Sergeant Moore. I mean, he has such a presence. You can't not stare at this man every time he's on screen. This is tough less to do though, Julius.
Speaker 2: I feel like Julius was, you know, and it's not his fault, it's the right aim. That's it's by the second Angela, like the second episodisode where he's I don't know, but I don't disagree. I feel like Adam had more nuance and ability to be you know. But yeah, I mean also like, this is a hard one.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I know, I know, this one's really tough.
Speaker 1: Also, Jason Marsden in those first few seasons where Jason Marsden was the only friend Eric had.
Speaker 4: He was good. He was really good.
Speaker 1: Part of the reason we get to know who Eric is as a character is because he has the Jason Marsden.
Speaker 5: Yeah friend, Yeah, it's true, but Jason is He was very good, and you're right, he was kind of Eric's only real lifeline at the beginning.
Speaker 2: Yes, hold on, here's somebody who's not on this list who I think maybe should be, which is Blake Clark.
Speaker 4: Oh well, I mean Blake in.
Speaker 1: This list because Blake is like in the same a little bit in the same category as the bullies, but not quite because how many episodes did Blake do?
Speaker 2: Let's do it. Let's put it this way. Who had a recurring contract? Like and actually, like you're getting paid to be in a certain amount of produced episodes.
Speaker 1: The bullies.
Speaker 2: The bullies did Blake never did.
Speaker 4: Okay, well then he'd have to, I mean.
Speaker 1: For sure, Okay, couldn't agree with you more. Didn't have a contract to be a part you know, wasn't guaranteed. Thirteen out of twenty didn't have any of that.
Speaker 2: No, it was week to week and and stole it every single time. Yeah, you know, and you know, ripped everybody's hearts out when he died, like yes, just and and I mean think about from where he started with that speech in front of the class. Yeah, just hysterical. This guy. You're never going to take seriously to where he ended and you know, dying and like ripping our hearts out.
Speaker 4: No, great call, great call.
Speaker 1: Congratulations Blake Clark. You just won a Feenie for Best Guest Star nominated and now our big two. This is our version of best record and Best Song? Best Season? Is it one? Is it two, three, four.
Speaker 5: Five, seven, D seven? Final answer?
Speaker 1: I mean it's season four or five?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: And I seem to remember I did not go back and rewatch the entire seasons, but I seem to remember feeling like Season four through the entirety of it was hit after hit after hit. Season five had maybe some hits that may have even superseded the hits of season four, but it was more hit and miss.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I would also throw in and I got I think it is going to be either four or five, but I think.
Speaker 4: One is a real contender too. After having watched the show again, I.
Speaker 1: Know season one is pretty great, but it does feel like a different boy meets.
Speaker 4: One, a completely different show, completely different show.
Speaker 1: I'm going with four I would vote for.
Speaker 4: I would think I am too. Yeah, Okay, I think I am too.
Speaker 1: You know what, I thought we were gonna have to duke it out. We didn't. Season four. Congratulations, you just won a Foenie for best Season number one. You're in contention with four and five. But all right, the best episode is it Corey's Alternative Friends? Is it? And then there was Sean A Long Walk to Pittsburgh, Cult Fiction, B and B's B and B Hair Today, Goon Tomorrow, Chick Like Me, Brotherly Shove, Heartbreak, Corey, City Slackers, and a Fair to Forget Eric Hollywood or The Fugitive God.
Speaker 4: There's so many good ones on that list. I mean, I know what, I think I have two?
Speaker 5: Okay again, wrapping in for what Boy Meets World is, how much fun it is and the amount of fun we had on the set, it's gonna be tough for anything to beat.
Speaker 4: And then there were sewn Yep, it was great. That being said chorus alternative friends is hugely important when it comes to Boy Meets World lore.
Speaker 5: But if we're looking at best episode all the way around air today, Goon Tomorrow was perfectly balanced. I agree, perfectly balanced. The A story was exceptional, the B story was exceptional. It hit on all cylinders. So if and then there was Sean is not on this list, to me, you're hard pressed to beat here.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this though, if you if nobody, if somebody had.
Speaker 1: Never seen for him It's world exactly.
Speaker 2: And then there were Sean would not be what you need show them because it's two unhinged, right, So that's kind of it's got to be one that has the balance of funny and heart and I think you know, but there are more.
Speaker 1: I mean also, you're going to talk about strength of the core four in that like talking about somebody who's never seen Boy Meets World, you give them that episode with that strong of a B story for Eric, if you can even call it a B story, but it is. It's the B story in episode that you know exactly who that character is. Cory is exactly the Cory you want him to be. In Hair Today, Goon Tomorrow, you understand the world through Cory's eyes and then his cool best friend, and how his best friend helps the people around him, like you know exactly who Sean is, and then to see Tapanga start off as being this person full of confidence and then to see her get shaken. As far as the core four of us.
Speaker 4: It's perfect.
Speaker 1: It's perfect for all of our characters.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's perfect. It really is. It really is.
Speaker 5: I would say we're talking about Boymet's world. Mm hmm, Hair Today, Gun Tomorrow. There's almost no Feenie.
Speaker 2: I know that's true. It's exactly which is which is big for boy He does he does have a speech to Tapanga, though I was trying to think, doesn't he say something about like you've always been someone who Yeah, like I feel like he has a moment with her where he gives some of his sage advice or assessment of the situation.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I also loved Brotherly Shove, you know, I I thought that's one of the best one of the best episodes.
Speaker 2: That's with Brotherly Shove is where Corey you guys go skydie Man? Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, great episode, great episode.
Speaker 2: All right, well, I think what we all are pretty stoked on hair Today going tomorrow. Yeah, I think I think Sean seen some of the best of Pangas scenes.
Speaker 1: You're not on this list without being an incredible episode. Yeah, so already we know these are some of the you know, cult fiction.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure that's I like cult fiction.
Speaker 5: And it was also super important to the Boy Meets World lore. People loved that episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The the fact that Sean is so only embraced by the map views right and Feenie, that everyone's will everyone's willing to go to blows.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Good adults, really good adults in cult fiction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Writer would disagree about the Alan Matthews port. I know you love it. Writer doesn't like it. I'm on the fence and I see both sides.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when all else fails, just turned to Vince.
Speaker 1: Well, congratulations to all of our winners. We would love to hear what you think we got wrong and who your awards would go to.
Speaker 4: So we officially pick here today, Goon tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, sorry, I guess I have to say that we have congratulations.
Speaker 2: Where's our sound for.
Speaker 1: Congratulations? Hair today, Goon tomorrow. You have won a Feenie for Best Episode, and like I said, congratulations to all our winners. Please let us know in the comments on Instagram who you think should have won the awards. Let us know who you would have given awards to. And as always, you can follow us on Instagram at Pod Meets World Show. You can send us your emails at Pod Meets World Show at gmail dot com. And we've got merch.
Speaker 2: Al right up there in the back road, But chands up?
Speaker 4: Who wants a march?
Speaker 2: I can't here, I can't hear you're watching merch cannon?
Speaker 4: Oh like that? I think it just happened like that, and that was that couldn't have been better.
Speaker 1: Please turn that into a social clip.
Speaker 4: My god.
Speaker 1: Well, it's been.
Speaker 4: A pleasure you well, we love you all. Pod dismissed.
Speaker 5: Pod Meets World is nheart podcast producing hosted by Daniel Fischel, Wilfredell and Ryder Strong, Executiveroducers, Jensen Carp and Amy Sugarman, Executive in charge of production. Danielle Romo, producer and editor Tara sudbachsch producer, Maddie.
Speaker 4: Moore, engineer, and Boy Meets World super fan Easton Allen.
Speaker 5: Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon and you can follow us on Instagram at Podmeats World Show or email us at Podmetsworldshow at gmail dot com